Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Everyone has herpes anyway.
Why's it gotta be herpes. Why not hispes
At the end of the day they are yourpies
If you have unprotected sex with a midget, you may catch: Twerpies.
If you get jiggy in a walk-in freezer, you might have: Slurpees.
If sex gives you gas, you could have: Burpies.
Being kind of stupid post-sex means you have probably caught: Derpies.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

If you have sex with skepchick you score a harpy, woo hoo!! :drool:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Welchie, I am really, really, glad to see back here particitapating in our Marty Grass.

Seriosuly.

free thoughtpolice

https://archive.is/9VDCl

PZ is accusing Jaclyn Glenn of plagiarism.

free thoughtpolice

Actually, Becky wrote the article:
https://archive.is/VsRgg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote:https://archive.is/9VDCl

http://imgur.com/RZGNj5v.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So the person who had recently taken lead role over a social group I am involved with... he had been repeatedly telling me that he was "not stupid," and that he was "not an idiot," and to not "talk down" because he knows what he is talking about. He has told me those things, 3 times in a row. Once or twice I can give a pass one and search for where I went wrong. 3 times, I cease to understand.

Typically I am extremely understanding of people who do not understand technical issues. It is not required or expected in my book. But when you pretend to know what you are talking about, when you don't... well yeah. That is hard on me. Especially when you demand my appreciation for your technical expertise.

So tonight, we had a group meeting with some experts he had picked out... turned out his top coding expert only had CAD experience. So with as often as he as demanded to me that he is not an idiot, I have been trying to force myself not to call him an idiot. Not an office, or I would have called in a manager to facilitate a long time ago.

In any case, he was talking about a zero dollar replacement for MS access, and I let it slip out "Only an idiot would think..."

It felt like a normal person saying "only a nigger would think..." as my eye caught his.

I can understand not having the training. I can understand not being skilled in a certain area. But when you pretend to have expertise in an area that you have little understanding for, I have a very difficult time maintaining respect for you.

I am thinking of putting a 3rd party (from our group) technically in charge of the website, so that I have a bit of a buffer. If I am not worried about his foolishness, I can be far more productive about getting stuff done.

/management-has-its-value

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

/totally-not-venting

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Aneris wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
ERV wrote:Remember when Myers and ReGreta tried to get me banned/disinvited to speak places? For disagreeing with them, and some kind of imaginary harm?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I also remember when Dawkins was caught privately refusing to appear at an event with Rebecca. It happened while Peez had been publicly barking for years he wouldn't share a venue with you.

That caused him to write what might be his only retraction and apology ever: He wuz wrong because his Boodles was almost Abbied. That couldn't be allowed in a just world.

For all his smarts, Peez really is just an infatuated simpleton.
Better yet, three times. He retracted his “blackballing” (Greta's favourite term) the very moment, like in the same go, when he wanted to join the Outrage Bandwagon against Richard Dawkins. He did this literally in the same announcement. :laughing-rollingyellow:

But the Horde didn't care and filled his thread like every other outrage container, against Dawkins of course. And that whole story gets even better, because it came out that Silverman didn't plan to have Rebecca Watson anyway. Why does that sound strangely plausible... we'll see :think: Anyway, there was a huge outcry because now Silverman, this most evil person, added this information and “threw” Moglia “under the bus”. Oh noes. The outrage lasted forever.

And yet it is even better: Rebecca Watson herself declared she would totally boycott Dawkins in every way, since Dear Muslima, remember? And this part is undisputed (what they disputed that she also called others to boycott him, which she did too by all reasonable standards, she absolutely meant it that way).

In other words, the glorious social justice league can accept it that PZ Myers “blackballs” a woman for years, publically, rescind it in the same stroke as they all condemn Richard Dawkins, who expressed he he doesn't want to be around Rebecca Watson who was not scheduled anyway and who herself would never attend anyway because she already boycotted Dawkins. You cannot appreciate the full glory, because in realtime they also had their bizarre rationalisations in place, how —somehow— we are the misogynist who don't support women and don't want them in the movement, while literally the other side rallied around the bearded guy who just “blackballed” a woman. I wanted to dig up their stories forever but alas have regreta virus often and no time. Their narrative is outstandingly bizarre in words meant without apparent irony. I think for a moment I had an epiphany from this the sheer hypocrisy that I saw for a brief moment the mulitverse in all its contradicting dimensions. I'm forever grateful for this experience I firmly associate with the general US secular movement (which, hands down, endorses this).
HAHAHA! They're such idiots and what they do gets so complicated. It's like their memory cores erase themselves every 10 minutes and they're purely reactive creatures.

PZ intially announced his blackball of Abby in a post titled "There is No Blacklist". :lol:

And YES, exactly, Rebecca was openly boycotting Dawkins, so what was the problem?

(I'm sure Rebecca wouldn't want anyone to remember, but she wrote about her disappointment that Dawkins didn't come over to chat at the next event they attended)

That "throwing Moglia under the bus" nonsense... here's she is from the Dawkins tour:

http://imgur.com/RvlU85I.jpg

So, who stuck it to who? It wasn't Dawkins, who apparently was nice enough to be her BFF :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

deLurch wrote:
and I let it slip out "Only an idiot would think..."
I was hired by an event producer who kept nickle and dimeing me: not reimbursing expenses, not paying what she'd promised, not paying promptly, etc.

Trouble is... her last name is "Nickle". So using the obvious phrase would have been taken as a personal attack. It was so hard not to blurt it out.
--

Years ago, I casually told a joke which included the words "young ho", without considering that I was talking to a beautiful chinese woman named "Ho Yung". Even today, I can't remember it, without reliving the silent pause and my veins turning to ice. She never talked to me again.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

deLurch wrote:So the person who had recently taken lead role over a social group I am involved with... he had been repeatedly telling me that he was "not stupid," and that he was "not an idiot," and to not "talk down" because he knows what he is talking about. He has told me those things, 3 times in a row. Once or twice I can give a pass one and search for where I went wrong. 3 times, I cease to understand.

Typically I am extremely understanding of people who do not understand technical issues. It is not required or expected in my book. But when you pretend to know what you are talking about, when you don't... well yeah. That is hard on me. Especially when you demand my appreciation for your technical expertise.

So tonight, we had a group meeting with some experts he had picked out... turned out his top coding expert only had CAD experience. So with as often as he as demanded to me that he is not an idiot, I have been trying to force myself not to call him an idiot. Not an office, or I would have called in a manager to facilitate a long time ago.

In any case, he was talking about a zero dollar replacement for MS access, and I let it slip out "Only an idiot would think..."

It felt like a normal person saying "only a nigger would think..." as my eye caught his.

I can understand not having the training. I can understand not being skilled in a certain area. But when you pretend to have expertise in an area that you have little understanding for, I have a very difficult time maintaining respect for you.

I am thinking of putting a 3rd party (from our group) technically in charge of the website, so that I have a bit of a buffer. If I am not worried about his foolishness, I can be far more productive about getting stuff done.

/management-has-its-value
So, how long have you been working with Brianna Wu?

http://imgur.com/dyXGG70.png

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Actually, Becky wrote the article:
Which she got from another source. That does not mean it is not true but I do not trust Myers or Watson one little bit as they both have a long history of lying. I don't like Glen but my opinion of her is irrelevant.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Well, you know, I just do not understand how such patently, blatantly, emotoinally, and psychologically broken, damaged, and profoundly dishonest people gain so much ... I don't know, respect, following, whateverthefuck?.

Hell, I guess we're all just fucked.

Pfft.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:So, how long have you been working with Brianna Wu?
The exact set of phrases he has repeated to me three times in a row"
"I am not stupid! I am not an idiot! Don't talk down to me!"

My issue, is that prior to that, I had never considered him stupid. I had never considered him an idiot. And I had not been talking down to him. In fact, after the 1st & 2nd time he had stressed not to talk down to him, I made an concerted effort not to talk down to him (despite not thinking I had done so before). In return, he seemed more and more distressed and pissed off, until I resorted to using tactics for people who do not understand the subject matter (and that seemed to work).

Oh, and tonight, I learned he used a Commodore 64. Praise be his technical expertise. So did I. As also an Apple IIe, and programmed my own video games & graphing calculator for extra credit work on that for calculus. But that doesn't mean shit if you don't keep up with the technology.

/still-blowing-off-steam
/Elsyes-kids-have-it-much-rougher
/Odds-are-if-you-yell-at-me-3-times-that-you-are-not-an-idiot-I-just-might-start-thinking-you-are-an-idiot

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

deLurch wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:So, how long have you been working with Brianna Wu?
The exact set of phrases he has repeated to me three times in a row"
"I am not stupid! I am not an idiot! Don't talk down to me!"

My issue, is that prior to that, I had never considered him stupid. I had never considered him an idiot. And I had not been talking down to him. In fact, after the 1st & 2nd time he had stressed not to talk down to him, I made an concerted effort not to talk down to him (despite not thinking I had done so before). In return, he seemed more and more distressed and pissed off, until I resorted to using tactics for people who do not understand the subject matter (and that seemed to work).

Oh, and tonight, I learned he used a Commodore 64. Praise be his technical expertise. So did I. As also an Apple IIe, and programmed my own video games & graphing calculator for extra credit work on that for calculus. But that doesn't mean shit if you don't keep up with the technology.

/still-blowing-off-steam
/Elsyes-kids-have-it-much-rougher
/Odds-are-if-you-yell-at-me-3-times-that-you-are-not-an-idiot-I-just-might-start-thinking-you-are-an-idiot
Heh. POKE 53280, 1. POKE 53280, 0.

Setting screen and border colors to black and white. Mr I'm-no-idiot has something in common with the Pit idiot who shoops poop jokes. The C64 was only the best selling single model of personal computer of all time. That makes it kind of hard to be special. Poor guy :lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:Heh. POKE 53280, 1. POKE 53280, 0.

Setting screen and border colors to black and white. Mr I'm-no-idiot has something in common with the Pit idiot who shoops poop jokes. The C64 was only the best selling single model of personal computer of all time. That makes it kind of hard to be special. Poor guy :lol:
He doesn't keep a computer at home. He does what off hours computer work he needs to do on his cellphone. When he was grilling my ass about why it took so long to set up the same single plug-in to work with to two different accounts from the same service, I asked him what plug-ins he used on either firefox or chrome, and if I could load up two of the same plug-ins on the same web browser. He told me he didn't use plug-ins.

I fully respect people who for home life reasons opt not to keep a computer at home. But to claim you are fully in touch and know all about technology, yet choose not to keep a computer at home and not use any plug-ins for your browser kind of leads me to a final conclusion. Hitler did nothing wrong.

/hopefully-almost-done-with-venting

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

(Correction before someone points it out: that should be POKE 53281,0 above)

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Which she got from another source. That does not mean it is not true but I do not trust Myers or Watson one little bit as they both have a long history of lying. I don't like Glen but my opinion of her is irrelevant.
[youtube]UsdwTo1Xk80[/youtube]

It's true. She not only copied the language from the arguments themselves, but even the intro and segues. Also, she cowardly removed that video without apology or comment. She's gone beyond just mailing it in, which I thought was the worst you could accuse of her before. Her one saving grace these last few months is that she hasn't gone SJW.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Rebecca is sad she never had an abortion.

http://imgur.com/K0Ysfez.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jugheadnaut wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:

It's true. She not only copied the language from the arguments themselves, but even the intro and segues. Also, she cowardly removed that video without apology or comment. She's gone beyond just mailing it in, which I thought was the worst you could accuse of her before. Her one saving grace these last few months is that she hasn't gone SJW.
Wait. This is about Kim Davis stuff? Meaning the videos she plundered were no older than 3 months, tops?

Oof. Chutzpah. The lady has it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

deLurch wrote:He doesn't keep a computer at home. He does what off hours computer work he needs to do on his cellphone. When he was grilling my ass about why it took so long to set up the same single plug-in to work with to two different accounts from the same service, I asked him what plug-ins he used on either firefox or chrome, and if I could load up two of the same plug-ins on the same web browser. He told me he didn't use plug-ins.

I fully respect people who for home life reasons opt not to keep a computer at home. But to claim you are fully in touch and know all about technology, yet choose not to keep a computer at home and not use any plug-ins for your browser kind of leads me to a final conclusion. Hitler did nothing wrong.

/hopefully-almost-done-with-venting
Is that guy hiring? I've got someone for him.

http://imgur.com/Sq8zLhP.jpg

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

PZ says:
You already know what FtB would do if one of our bloggers were pulling that kind of lazy stunt.
Yes, we do know what you'd do if another blogger on your network were outed as a plagiarist: first you'd confidently and blindly defend him against the charges, attacking those who uncovered the plagiarism (Slymepitters) and anyone with the temerity to even acknowledge their detective work, and then finally when you find yourself with no other option you'd begrudgingly do something about it.

That's what you meant, right, PZ?

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Oh, and let's not forget PZ's reluctant repudiation of CJ Werleman when the latter was outed as a serial plagiarist.

Yeah. PZ's totally a hard-ass when he learns that people he likes are plagiarists.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

God she's hot. What was the topic again? I forgot. Because too many words, I just want pictures.

Hot.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Send out the Batsignal to Brive!
Watson wrote:Previously, I revealed that atheist, anti-feminist vlogger Jaclyn Glenn has to plagiarize YouTube comments in order to string a simple thought together. I then went back to blissfully forgetting that Glenn exists, but she apparently has continued making videos for people with extremely low standards.
Ms. Pot, meet Ms. Kettle ....

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca is sad she never had an abortion.

Rebecca is an abortion.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Steersman wrote:
Watson wrote:Previously, I revealed that atheist, anti-feminist vlogger Jaclyn Glenn has to plagiarize YouTube comments in order to string a simple thought together. I then went back to blissfully forgetting that Glenn exists, but she apparently has continued making videos for people with extremely low standards.

Ha ha - that needs repeating.
making videos for people with extremely low standards
The gander that got goosed, one might say.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote:God she's hot. What was the topic again? I forgot. Because too many words, I just want pictures.

Hot.
Melody Hensley?

Wait, what?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Steersman wrote:
Technically I guess you could say it's not strictly plagiarism since she rewrote the script in her own words but it's fair to say she has copied the ideas and structure from that other video. Naughty girl!
'Jaclynn Glenn is not original' shocker!

This sort of shit goes on all the time in the youtube blogging world. I seem to recall Sharon Hill complaining about Watson doing the same thing regarding Hill's 'Doubtful News' stories that Watson was in a habit of recycling into articles for her Unpopular Science' blog. Funnily enough, soon after Hill pointed this out, Watson's articles on that site completely dried up!
I wonder why? :think:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Bhurzum wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:God she's hot. What was the topic again? I forgot. Because too many words, I just want pictures.

Hot.
Melody Hensley?

Wait, what?
You should both be ashamed. For differing yet the same reasons.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

Hot.
Melody Hensley?

Wait, what?
You should both be ashamed. For differing yet the same reasons.
I'm sorry but the instant I read the word "hot", my mental cinema starts playing utterly disgusting and pornographic movies starring the tubby funster.

Don't judge me.

(and no, I'm not ashamed!)

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Sunder wrote:I have the strangest hunch that post-poly Carrier likely isn't faring as well in his booty quests as pre-poly Carrier.
He wears poly shirts. That works on all the chicks
Michael Nugent must be kicking himself. One letter out!

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

paddybrown wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Sunder wrote:I have the strangest hunch that post-poly Carrier likely isn't faring as well in his booty quests as pre-poly Carrier.
He wears poly shirts. That works on all the chicks
Michael Nugent must be kicking himself. One letter out!
Don't drop out of school kids. Learn to spell.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Bhurzum wrote:
I'm sorry but the instant I read the word "hot", my mental cinema starts playing utterly disgusting and pornographic movies starring the tubby funster.

Don't judge me.

(and no, I'm not ashamed!)
You could have left out the "utterly disgusting" bit.

At times like this, I'm glad that telepathy doesn't exist. If I could see into your mind and see porn of Melody, I think I'd end up with PTSD.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Suet Cardigan wrote:You could have left out the "utterly disgusting" bit.

At times like this, I'm glad that telepathy doesn't exist. If I could see into your mind and see porn of Melody, I think I'd end up with PTSD.
Have you ever seen a glazed donut winking between two skid-marked pillows?

Welcome to my mind...

dogen

Post by dogen »

At first, I mistook the petals strewn on the lady as crusty patches of That Which is Carried.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was a good week-end. We made lots of progress on the new album's recording (mostly sound-wise and some choirs recording. Mountain settings make for a very nice natural feel to the sound) and I didn't break any limb. I got quite a big sunburn, but all things considered I'll still call this session a win.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... vqnjwe.jpg
Did you really record in the open air?

If so - how did you minimise ambient noise? Or was the ambient noise the point?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
So, how long have you been working with Brianna Wu?

Wow. Who in their right mind would want to work with someone with that attitude? It's like a warped version of Office Space where there's a character who can't stop screaming...

"Hey Brianna, the boss wants the TPS reports done by tomorrow, so let's all hurry up"

"ARE YOU GIVING ORDERS TO A WOMAN, YOU FUCKING SHITLORD?"

"No! Jesus! I was just asking everybody to speed up their work!"

"DON'T MANSPLAIN YOUR ASSHATTERY TO ME, YOU FUCKSTICK!"

"OK, I'm sorry, but could you please hurry up? The deadline is tomorrow"

"YOU'RE NOT ENTITLED TO MY TIME, SCUM!"

"You're overreacting. Everyone has to hurry up"

"UH, SO BITCHEZ BE CRAZY, EH? CAN WE HEAR ANY MORE SNIPPETS OF EVERYDAY SEXISM FROM YOUR PRIVILEGED CIS MALE MOUTH?"

"...anyway, the new version of the TPS reports needs a coversheet change. They sent a memo"

"I'M SORRY, BUT THE NEW VERSION OF THE TPS REPORT COVERSHEETS IS A HEALTH HAZARD. I ONCE CUT MY FINGER WITH ONE OF THEM. PEOPLE WILL BE HURT UNLESS WE STOP PUTTING ON THOSE NEW COVERS"

"It sounds like you're generalizing something that only happened to you. You won't get cut if you're careful"

"EXCUSE ME SIR, BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET REPORTED FOR HARASSMENT, I AM GOING TO ASK YOU NOT TO DEMEAN MY LIVED EXPERIENCE. I HAVE PUTTING COVERSHEETS ON TPS REPORTS FOR YEARS, SO DON'T YOU DARE TO MANSPLAIN THIS ISSUE TO ME. ARE WE FUCKING CLEAR?"

[leaves]

"MAN IN INITECH, DO NOT DO THIS TO WOMEN. IT'S BEYOND DEMEANING, AND IN THIS CASE INACCURATE!"

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

CuntajusRationality wrote: http://i.imgur.com/K75iM2A.jpg
No it isn't.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I realize (now) that it's a give-away when I quote PZ Myers, but this bit (in bold) is just too good:
PZ Myers wrote:There are limits to what we should tolerate on campus, though. For example, in the case of Condoleeza Rice being disinvited from the University of Minnesota campus a few years ago, I approved. I thought it was great that students were campaigning actively to stop her, because they were exercising their right to free speech, too.
Has that been a consistent position of his ... that campaigning to shut someone up counts as free speech? It seems a tad Orwellian to me.
I'd say it was legitimate for fee-paying students protest about their university spending so much money on a speaker (especially one so heavily implicated in an illegal war).

There's surely a clear difference between that, and simply protesting because you want to suppress someone's opinions.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

If your painting is suppose to be something concrete but you have to explicitly tell others what your painting represents you're either younger than 5 or you suck.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Ape+lust wrote: So, how long have you been working with Brianna Wu?

This is the thing. Specialists, or people who think they're specialists, talk down to non-specialists, or people they think are non-specialists, every day of the fucking week. It's not a men-vs-women thing. I, a man, have been talked down to my male car mechanics, male and female IT helpdesk people, male and female medical professionalsm, male and female teachers of all kinds. The most condescending people in the word are female feminists talking to male "allies", and women giving men advice on their love lives.

Brianna Wu is a trans woman. She has lived as a man. She knows this. The only difference now that she's a woman is she gets to throw fucking tantrums about it and get taken seriously.

Like I said before, making people walk on eggshells around you is a form of power, and one that not everybody has. And for some people, there are perks to transitioning.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

paddybrown wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: So, how long have you been working with Brianna Wu?

This is the thing. Specialists, or people who think they're specialists, talk down to non-specialists, or people they think are non-specialists, every day of the fucking week. It's not a men-vs-women thing. I, a man, have been talked down to my male car mechanics, male and female IT helpdesk people, male and female medical professionalsm, male and female teachers of all kinds. The most condescending people in the word are female feminists talking to male "allies", and women giving men advice on their love lives.

Brianna Wu is a trans woman. She has lived as a man. She knows this. The only difference now that she's a woman is she gets to throw fucking tantrums about it and get taken seriously.

Like I said before, making people walk on eggshells around you is a form of power, and one that not everybody has. And for some people, there are perks to transitioning.
It pays to insult someone when they are young because if the accuse you of 'mansplaining' after they have transitioned you can always point out you thought they were an idiot when they were still a man.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

#ShoutYourAbortion

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca is sad she never had an abortion.

Was that the June 5, 2009 Gogol Bordello show, Rebecca?
http://www.spirit-of-rock.com/les%20gou ... s/logo.jpg

You posted this on June 6, 2009:
http://i.imgur.com/hDKXzw0.png

That's cultural appropriation of Gypsies & Elyse!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:

PZ says:
You already know what FtB would do if one of our bloggers were pulling that kind of lazy stunt.
Yes, we do know what you'd do if another blogger on your network were outed as a plagiarist: first you'd confidently and blindly defend him against the charges, attacking those who uncovered the plagiarism (Slymepitters) and anyone with the temerity to even acknowledge their detective work, and then finally when you find yourself with no other option you'd begrudgingly do something about it.

That's what you meant, right, PZ?
What PZ isn't owning up to is that Avicenna was quite a bit more than merely a plagiarist. He confabulated entire stories about his life and was an outright fraud. PZ is correct, Avicenna was an "interesting guy," but who, indeed, was Avicenna? We will never know. Much of this was utterly obvious to anyone with half a brain long before definitive proof of Avi's deception, which apparently disqualifies PZ.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bhurzum wrote:Tf00t hate mail special...

[youtube]pkDZ6SiD0BI[/youtube]
I think I might have woken up neighbours by laughing too loud.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

uploadfromtaptalk1443438091129.gif
(91.37 KiB) Downloaded 280 times

Parody Accountant

ffs wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Smashed surlies? Any identifiable surly chunks?
They're hardly identifiable unsmashed
Bwahaha.

Seriously, I wonder if she decided against it. She definitely was sending passive aggressive tweets, but maybe she didn't care to actually smash

I was certain that I was going to witness a surlyrrhea smashing. I am disappointed

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:Too much Elyse.

I gotta go get some fresh air.

Gonna go for a walk & look at the Loony Eclypse. I mean Lunar Elyse. I mean the Moonbat Shadowsmash.

http://i.imgur.com/RL0WTQd.jpg
That'll leave a bruise

Parody Accountant

comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Everyone has herpes anyway.
Why's it gotta be herpes. Why not hispes
Ourpies

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fucking Rebecca Watson.

Glenn was a bit hoity toity when I posted this last year. Wonder if she'd be so magnanimous now.

http://i.imgur.com/x8qlj8I.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Smashed surlies? Any identifiable surly chunks?
http://i.imgur.com/K75iM2A.jpg
That one's not a smashed Surly. It's a Surly made while Amy was smashed. She must have been as blotto as Elyse. That ceramic piece is an insult to the photographer whose photo she used to base her drawing on.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/03 ... o-poaching :
http://www.takepart.com/sites/default/f ... k=Fmb4iZIg
In March 2012, a poacher murdered this yet-unnamed baby rhino's father. (Photo: Kariega Game Reserve)
Her artistic licence gave her the opportunity to take a wild guess as to where the rhino's other eye was located. Also, the happy smile - I don't think the real one has that.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
No it isn't.
This is Durer's print of a "Rhino" , pretty impressive considering that he had never seen a real rhino and only had a crude drawing made by another and verbal description to go by. She doesn't have that excuse.

http://i.imgur.com/7yheOrP.png

Parody Accountant

welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: Why's it gotta be herpes. Why not hispes
If you have unprotected sex with a midget, you may catch: Twerpies.
If you get jiggy in a walk-in freezer, you might have: Slurpees.
If sex gives you gas, you could have: Burpies.
Being kind of stupid post-sex means you have probably caught: Derpies.
If you get up on a mountain to get down, you're a sherpie

If elyse takes a drug test, you really gotta watch herpe.

Full circle

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:
No it isn't.
This is Durer's print of a "Rhino" , pretty impressive considering that he had never seen a real rhino and only had a crude drawing made by another and verbal description to go by. She doesn't have that excuse.

http://i.imgur.com/7yheOrP.png
Albrecht Dürer was genius, though, and a highly renowned expert in fields on mathematics. He wrote treatises on perspective, proportions, and many other technical aspects of drawing figures.

It's rather unfair to compare Surly Amy to Dürer. A more fair comparison is between her and a random DeviantArt account picture of a baby rhino (obtained by googling "baby rhino drawing").

http://pre14.deviantart.net/2eea/th/pre ... 64s7sz.jpg

Though this is still unfair to SurlyAmy. After all she wasn't aiming to be realistic (one hopes). Here's a cartoon-style drawing of a baby rhino:

http://previews.123rf.com/images/yayayo ... artoon.jpg

Damn. Surly's rhino still looks like shit by comparison.

I think that Surly could improve her art a bit if she watched and paid attention to this Youtube video:

[youtube]vlaqh-hwVes[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
That one's not a smashed Surly. It's a Surly made while Amy was smashed. She must have been as blotto as Elyse. That ceramic piece is an insult to the photographer whose photo she used to base her drawing on.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/03 ... o-poaching :
http://www.takepart.com/sites/default/f ... k=Fmb4iZIg

Amy poached the image.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »