Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Gays wearing wings:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... e4f1fa.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... 008053.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... gdfgfd.jpg

And PZ on twitter:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... 0x400.jpeg

This is cultural appropriation of the worst sort. And it is literally killing gays.

And besides, turds can't fly.

And besides, PZ would go all stabby-knife if he ever met a real angel.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Holy fuck, Harley Quinn has been transitioning:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... caa977.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Gays wearing wings: Snipped Gay Friday Stuff.

And PZ on twitter:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... 0x400.jpeg

This is cultural appropriation of the worst sort. And it is literally killing gays.

And besides, turds can't fly.

And besides, PZ would go all stabby-knife if he ever met a real angel.
Somebody with some spoons should add an appropriate stain to PZ's diaper.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Skep tickle wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
The writing is atrocious. It's unmitigated torture to read it. Here's a typical snippet.
When you see your colleague say that someone has told them privately that the people they’re retweeting have histories of persecuting trans people and ask the general public, instead of the person who respected their wishes by contacting them privately, what that history could be?

When you see your colleague’s talk of leaving the network because it’s so terrible to have other colleagues say your colleague has done something wrong get turned into spaces to talk about how those other colleagues did something wrong?
Ready for a challenge? On the count of 3, diagram those sentences!
Hah ha - now apply the legendary Svan Rhetorical Inversion Techniqueâ„¢ ...
When you see someone say that your colleague has told them privately that they’re retweeting the general public who have histories of persecuting trans people and ask the people, instead of contacting them privately the person who respected their history by what that could wishes be?

When you talk of leaving your colleague’s network because you see other colleagues say your colleague has done something wrong it’s so terrible to have get turned into colleagues to talk about how those other spaces did something wrong?
... and it all makes sense.

You're welcome.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I don't think we are best suited to throw stones. I mean we are a pretty fucked up group here as well.
comhcinc wrote:We can throw all the stones we want.
Just because I have the stones doesn't mean I have to throw them. Cause then I wouldn't have the stones anymore. You got the stones to say different?
I'd throw spoons... if I had any.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

dog puke wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I don't think we are best suited to throw stones. I mean we are a pretty fucked up group here as well.
Just because I have the stones doesn't mean I have to throw them. Cause then I wouldn't have the stones anymore. You got the stones to say different?
I'd throw spoons... if I had any.
I have the spoons but they took the knives away from me a long time ago. Even the toast is precut for me. Bastards.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

EH's response to the assertion tha GD was a real physical brain thing:
And I’m sorry, do you think “gender dysphoria” is a mental illness? Like schizophrenia? Or major depression? Sounds transphobic to me. o_O
:character-beavisbutthead:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I guess that makes her "Ophie-no friends" now.

http://i.imgur.com/dVNJpaq.jpg

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I'm still working through the archive of that B&W thread and I have to say, so far, I'm liking Elizabeth Hungerford. That's bad, isn't it?
Tsk. There goes your chance at becoming an FTB blogger, Billie. (Until the fire sale, that is.)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Skep tickle wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:I'm still working through the archive of that B&W thread and I have to say, so far, I'm liking Elizabeth Hungerford. That's bad, isn't it?
Tsk. There goes your chance at becoming an FTB blogger, Billie. (Until the fire sale, that is.)
Ha, "fire sale." Little Paul still has his ultimate weapon in the wings. Greg Laden. With that unleashed, he will show us scoundrels up for who we are. Scoundrels. Perhaps even ruffians or vagabonds. Something vaguely disreputable anyway.

Laden will be laden with mystery and cunning. Expect the worst.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Really? wrote: In case you're unaware, Nyberg is a megatroll abuser who has arguably worse sexual issues than Ogvorbis.
To be more specific, she's a child rape apologist (who only abstain because "society isn't sex positive enough") while at least Oggie seems to feel guilty for what he's done.
Encyclopedia Dramatica - Sarah Butts nee Nyberg alleges beastiality as well.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Brive1987 wrote:I guess that makes her "Ophie-no friends" now.

http://i.imgur.com/dVNJpaq.jpg
I will say this about the thread. I enjoyed it. It could have been done at this place. Because the people left are (for the most part) discussing each others comments. No "You are killing transgenders". No, "Transgenders are women. Period. Full stop. End of discussion even though no discussion has begun because even to have a discussion about it is killing transgenders' kind of crap. They might be arguing with each other, but it is an actual real discussion. Amazing what can happen when the fucking drama queens leave the scene.

I really don't care how fucked up I think someone's views are. If they can discuss it and defend it and argue for it with real analysis and honest engagement with the people they are arguing with, I defend their right to say it.

That is, the thread seems to be lacking in the usual keyboard screaming that goes on there.

But of course, Hungerford was banned. Too bad. I thought it ended a pretty good (for the most part) dialogue.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

dog puke wrote: He gazed up at the enormous face. Fifty-seven years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two cephalopod-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Trans Women.
Have I got this right? Myers thinks a transwoman is a woman ,who feels she's trapped inside a woman's body?

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Michael J wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Could it be that the PZ Myers is just learning a new useful term, called “Social Justice Warrior”, abbreviated “SJW” — maybe he recognizes them now, when they come to his timeline (and not just Dawkins' or Harris'). More and more I get the feeling that PZ Myers pays much less attention than he commonly pretents. I even got this strange impression when he wrote “Always name names” that he actually had no idea what he commented upon. He seems to just go through his day reacting and grabbing easy targets and paragraphs he finds.
This could really spell the end of PZ. The SJWs will accept nothing less than a full apology and plenty of grovelling. PZ never apologises, he will try to have a few clarifying posts but of course it will never be enough.
Are you mad? SJWs don't accept apologies, they take them as proof of wrongdoing and confirmation that they're in the right when they attack you.

This is the strangest thing bout SJWs in my opinion: they don't want to win the argument. They want to be the good guys in the Cosmic War Between Good and Evil. For that they need enemies, and for those enemies to be evil. If they can't find any evil enemies they'll create them themselves. A fake hate crime or a "have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no" type loaded question are good for that.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BarnOwl wrote: Also, Salty Current is a complete fucking idiot.
Ahahaha. Feels before reals. Josh did not help either I noticed.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I have absolutely no reason to post this other than it's funny:

http://i.imgur.com/b6MHs6m.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

comhcinc wrote:
Percentage wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that some of Ophelia's statements about trans women - and some of the people with whom she chooses to associate - are indeed a bit sketchy? The "too last week" comment was innocuous in and of itself, but it was made in the context of a conversation that was pretty openly transphobic. The fact that she has no problem joking around with those sorts of people earns her a raised eyebrow from me, especially since she's so eager to condemn others by association,
Meh.

Anyone who has made their mind up 100% about trans issues are either not paying that much attention, not thinking very deeply about the issue or is an ideologue.

Anyone that doesn't like a good joke has a stick up their ass.
I am concerned about practicalities so my solution is like the "family change rooms" labeled "Family" ... surprise where Dads can change the diapers of their spawn without invading the one that women use.

So, a washroom with the label "Other" also open to anyone and you use it at your own risk, as in "do not complain about what else you find in there" cause I am not going to listen even if you found Catlyn Jenner doing the nasty with Keyne or even Salty Current in a threesome with the SpokesGay and Nerd Of Redhead and to top it off with Dickie Carrier fapping with intent over all of them.

What happens in "Other" stays in "Other".

Problem solved. Yes?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

AndrewV69 wrote:Encyclopedia Dramatica - Sarah Butts nee Nyberg alleges beastiality as well.
Ah, the joys of trawling the web. I hit that link, read the article (much lulz ensued), bounced off a few other links and somehow ended up on this...

[youtube]4dqWnmxNpv0[/youtube]

I probably couldn't retrace my steps if I tried. Anyway, that Butts article had me in stitches...great way to start the day!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

She mopped the floor with Salty who got very salty and weepy about it. Oafie had no choice but to ban her.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Sunder wrote:I have absolutely no reason to post this other than it's funny:

Too bad, they looked to all still be usable and serviceable, but apparentally they were all made obsolete by this device:

http://www.kazak.com/wordpress/wp-conte ... -001-G.jpg

Progress, it just keeps moving on.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

AndrewV69 wrote:I am concerned about practicalities so my solution is like the "family change rooms" labeled "Family" ... surprise where Dads can change the diapers of their spawn without invading the one that women use.
Thing is in many places the Family or Unisex restroom isn't a third option...it's taking the place of a Men's room. So you'll have one restroom for Women only and one for anyone who wants it, including women.

While personally this isn't the kind of injustice I'm willing to raise a fuss and protest over, and probably most guys agree, it is an easy example one can point to where the goal of "equality" was missed at some point.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

FYI, those are just molds. I guess a factory closed down or something.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Tigzy wrote:The Cowntess breaks her silence at last, to drop a great big popcorn-studded turd on Ophelia:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ger-to-do/
http://www.freezepage.com/1438970396XYGDLQBRGY
You see, I love Ophelia's "Too last week?" there in the quoted section from FB. Really incisively cuts to the heart of the faddish nature of this stuff. She can be really good sometimes.

But the problem is she'll immediately go on to say something completely retarded like "Why do things cost money? Why?" and we're straight back to 'Oh, she IS a complete idiot after all'.

Just can't understand it.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Sunder wrote:FYI, those are just molds. I guess a factory closed down or something.
Guess again......

SM12

Post by SM12 »

What is the recommended daily dose for an adult male of schadenfreude? Because I'm way off the scale at present, and worry that I should be cutting back.

Ophelia Benson is banning radical feminist lesbians from her blog, Myers is helpless and alone with the Horde rushing to not defend him.

This is too much.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Are those Greta Christina's Fluevogs?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Aneris wrote:It'll be interesting what PZ Myers makes of this in the comming days and weeks. He's prone to splitting(...)
Oh, I thought you meant, like, splitting. Boom!

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Sunder wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I am concerned about practicalities so my solution is like the "family change rooms" labeled "Family" ... surprise where Dads can change the diapers of their spawn without invading the one that women use.
Thing is in many places the Family or Unisex restroom isn't a third option...it's taking the place of a Men's room. So you'll have one restroom for Women only and one for anyone who wants it, including women.

While personally this isn't the kind of injustice I'm willing to raise a fuss and protest over, and probably most guys agree, it is an easy example one can point to where the goal of "equality" was missed at some point.
I don't really mind that, because ideology aside, I'm all for reasonableness and practicality. For example, men mostly pee in a bar, and a urinal can do a lot more men in an hour than a toilet can do women in an hour. When I used to be (decades ago now it seems) in busy bars the womens washroom was crazy busy and the women in the lineup to the womens washroom would simply go into the men's rooms where the stalls were usually available. And the men would piss in the sinks if a urinal wasn't available. (Transgendereds? I guess use whatever toilet is available in the men's or women's washrooms.) And it worked. The thing is, I accept differences between the sexes. SJW would now go into a year long screamfest about you are making sex binary and (you know the rest). Me, I say make a lot more stalls available to the women, don't make them equal between the sexes. make them so that they work. It's called common sense. Which appears to be the biggest threat to the existence of SJW's.

Actually, from what I've seen at the fuckfest called FTB over the last few days, SJW's are the biggest threat to SJW's.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I gotta say, there's one thing that would just make all of this perfect, but I'm almost afraid that it won't happen if I say it. But to press my luck, there's a certain someone who in the past has thrown friends and allies under the bus when they've stopped being useful. If that person were to write a PZ-critical article after this debacle, well that'd be just the tops.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:The Cowntess breaks her silence at last, to drop a great big popcorn-studded turd on Ophelia:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ger-to-do/
http://www.freezepage.com/1438970396XYGDLQBRGY
You see, I love Ophelia's "Too last week?" there in the quoted section from FB. Really incisively cuts to the heart of the faddish nature of this stuff. She can be really good sometimes.

But the problem is she'll immediately go on to say something completely retarded like "Why do things cost money? Why?" and we're straight back to 'Oh, she IS a complete idiot after all'.

Just can't understand it.
Bingo!

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I have a love-hate relationship with that movie. But I hate when they dub over that metallic "shwing" sound when a sword (katana in this case) is drawn. Only sabres with all-metal scabbards make that noise, and not many of them. Fuckin' stereotypes.
It's not worse than spaceships saying 'whoosh'- in space.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Sunder wrote:I gotta say, there's one thing that would just make all of this perfect, but I'm almost afraid that it won't happen if I say it. But to press my luck, there's a certain someone who in the past has thrown friends and allies under the bus when they've stopped being useful. If that person were to write a PZ-critical article after this debacle, well that'd be just the tops.
Apparently I am clairvoyant because I just had a vision of a red-wigged potato-head cross my mind.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:Hey, why the fuck are FTB people all so bloody unhealthy? I mean, the list is almost endless: PeeZus gets around about 5 or 6 colds and flues per year, TwoCows has a long list of autoimmune dysfunctions, Miri is certifiabley nutso, Ashly Miller is narcoleptic times ten, InZvanity is all sorts of damaged from physical to emotionaal to psychological to otherwise, LousyCanuck is a few decades early on male pattern baldness (I guess that's 'cause gender differences are cultural and his culture likes shiny domes?), Zinnia Jones is ... well, WTF is Zinnia Jones anyway?, Benson is a sad lonely old crone who cannot find her way home even with a searchlight, map, and GPS, Richard "Spunky Monkey Intellectual Artillery" Carrier is a sex maniac and perverted semen fetishist ... I mean the list just goes on and on and on and on. Did these people all grow up stuck inside some kind of toxic waste dump? I mean WTF?

:auto-ambulance:
Well, when you think this is a great idea for a topic Is Necrophilia Wrong? (archive link).

The summary in the google search result was
Writer Tauriq Moosa argues that our objections to necrophilia come down to primal disgust, and that most ethical arguments against are logically untenable.
I wonder if he likes sparkly vampires, or just the trans-living (or is it trans-dead)?

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote:Mykeru without the humour.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Zenlike. Blissfully oblivious.

http://i.imgur.com/rR3AnnT.jpg
So Plethora is telling us that two actual people are in fact the same person !!!

For Fuck's sake !

I can't even .....

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Za-zen wrote:It's not over.

Once more into the breach dear friends

[youtube]12DQN8oxKTs[/youtube]
I have a love-hate relationship with that movie. But I hate when they dub over that metallic "shwing" sound when a sword (katana in this case) is drawn. Only sabres with all-metal scabbards make that noise, and not many of them. Fuckin' stereotypes.

Oooh oooh oooh, who's flaunting their metal scabbard katana privilege at the rest of us morons who aren't even allowed to handle knives? Where's that little black kid who screams "That's ableism!!!" or something like that?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Just found this while browsing on Amazon:
FatLadies.jpg
(62.74 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Sp that's Melody Hensley's and PZ Myers' Christmas presents sorted out.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Man, those things are more played-out than Jon Stewart.

Post by Guest »

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Never apologize to SJWs.

Never.

They're like hyenas. If you show weakness, they'll all dogpile and shred you. You have to know how to respond.

Myself, I've been using comedy and misdirection. Works pretty well.

"You're an islamophobic bigot!"

"Only on Tuesdays."

There's really no way to answer a trans-SJW who accuses you of transphobia. Except to play it off or tell them to fuck themselves. But telling them to fuck off might trigger an SJW transshitstorm.

One of the toxic cores of SJWism is the toxic trans community (different from the regular trans community.) I mentioned earlier about these people who walk around with a massive chip, all pissed off and angry constantly and looking for some reason to be a dick. They justify being a dick by identifying the "transphobes" and then piling on them with every accusation of evil.

Since trans shit is relatively new, it's not hard to dig and find someone saying something rude about trans people from before they knew about trans people. Or maybe they're not convinced a transcock and a vagina are biologically both female (the bastards!,) in which case the trans-offendee has another opening to burn the witch.

PZ and Oafie aren't going to win this. These particular types of trans SJWs are toxic as fuck and he's been providing them a refuse and training them to attack.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Badger3k wrote:
Well, when you think this is a great idea for a topic Is Necrophilia Wrong? (archive link).

Writer Tauriq Moosa argues that our objections to necrophilia come down to primal disgust, and that most ethical arguments against are logically untenable.
I wonder if he likes sparkly vampires, or just the trans-living (or is it trans-dead)?
Isn't Tauriq Moosa the genius who thought that the "PC master race" was a sign of racism? It's nice to see that his moral compass is perfectly functional, to a level that we mere mortals can never achieve.

Anyway, from the article:
Tauriq Moosa wrote:The major problem is that almost all arguments about respect for the dead tend to be extrapolations from the idea of humans as some kind of cosmic or metaphysically “special” beings: that is, humans are, by definition, sacred because of some relation to elements or entities that transcend our everyday existence.
Tauriq Mooosa wrote:Again it’s not clear what makes necrophilia wrong by definition, aside from property violation since the dead only matter to the living. If there was no living person who cared about the corpse in question, what would make violating it – whether through sex or mutilation or eating – wrong? It’s uncertain, but there’s little reason to support sending people to prison for merely having sex with corpses, if there’s no one to whom the corpse belongs.
Uhm, no. There's no need to argue for respect of someone's body because humans are "special" beings. A body is someone's possession, one can say someone's most intimate possession. Crimes that involve the body of a person are punished more severely than crimes against their property. Indeed the idea that rape is morally wrong stems from the idea that a person's body cannot be used without their consent.

As with all property it's one person's will that decides what has to be done with their body after their death. That's why you need forms to ask people if they're organ donors and doctors don't just go around and cut bodies to harvest organs without informing anyone (or if they do and are found out they're punished by the law).

So unless one gets the person's consent before their death having sex with their body isn't just "a violation of something thought sacred" but a violation of one person's presumed will.Looting a corpse is also morally and legally wrong, but since it's a crime against one's external property (not their bodies) it's less wrong than necrophilia.

Saying that a corpse "belong to nobody" is just as retarded as saying that a house "belongs to nobody" just because the owner dies. If Tauriq were right the laws about inheritance wouldn't exist and the first person who gets their hands on a dead person's possessions would be their owner. This is pretty absurd.

Tauriq's argument can be used to justify sex with an unconscious person who doesn't remember the act after it happened: after all bodies aren't sacred, when you're unconscious and have no recollection of an event you're not really there, so there was no one that could be harmed, right?

Now if someone explicitly said that they leave their bodies to be a sex toy for necrophiliacs, then Tauriq's argument about disgust could have some weight to it.

But as it stays his argument isn't just deliberately provocative clickbait, it's also pretty retarded.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Badger3k wrote:
John Greg wrote:Hey, why the fuck are FTB people all so bloody unhealthy? I mean, the list is almost endless: PeeZus gets around about 5 or 6 colds and flues per year, TwoCows has a long list of autoimmune dysfunctions, Miri is certifiabley nutso, Ashly Miller is narcoleptic times ten, InZvanity is all sorts of damaged from physical to emotionaal to psychological to otherwise, LousyCanuck is a few decades early on male pattern baldness (I guess that's 'cause gender differences are cultural and his culture likes shiny domes?), Zinnia Jones is ... well, WTF is Zinnia Jones anyway?, Benson is a sad lonely old crone who cannot find her way home even with a searchlight, map, and GPS, Richard "Spunky Monkey Intellectual Artillery" Carrier is a sex maniac and perverted semen fetishist ... I mean the list just goes on and on and on and on. Did these people all grow up stuck inside some kind of toxic waste dump? I mean WTF?

Y'know, before the fucking SJW's and feminists invaded the Atheist/Skeptic space there were no discussions about fucking the dead. Look at the comments at the place by the SJW/feminist crazies, sign consent forms for people to fuck our bodies when were dead like an organ donor consent form. Good lord I hate these lunatics. Polyamorism, necrophilia, sploogie semen fetishes. What a sick bunch of creeps. and they are doing it all under the banner of atheism/skepticism.

Like one guy said over there, those 'atheists' need Jesus. Fuckers. Now if I tell someone that I am an atheist they will reply 'Oh you're a faithless piece of shit who sprays semen all over the bedroom and on women's faces and you fuck your dead mother's corpse that you keep in a freezer.'

Fuckers.

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

MacGruberKnows wrote: (embedded quotes snipped)
I don't really mind that, because ideology aside, I'm all for reasonableness and practicality. For example, men mostly pee in a bar, and a urinal can do a lot more men in an hour than a toilet can do women in an hour. When I used to be (decades ago now it seems) in busy bars the womens washroom was crazy busy and the women in the lineup to the womens washroom would simply go into the men's rooms where the stalls were usually available. And the men would piss in the sinks if a urinal wasn't available. (Transgendereds? I guess use whatever toilet is available in the men's or women's washrooms.) And it worked. The thing is, I accept differences between the sexes. SJW would now go into a year long screamfest about you are making sex binary and (you know the rest). Me, I say make a lot more stalls available to the women, don't make them equal between the sexes. make them so that they work. It's called common sense. Which appears to be the biggest threat to the existence of SJW's.

Actually, from what I've seen at the fuckfest called FTB over the last few days, SJW's are the biggest threat to SJW's.
For practicality, this signage seemed the best I've seen, reducing the issue to physical plumbing.
Not much chance of large scale adoption though!
DSC01520Z.jpg
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
DSC01525Z.jpg
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Plethora has given me a great idea - I can commercialise my brand.

http://i.imgur.com/491qaFW.jpg

http://www.zazzle.com.au/yes_or_no_basi ... 2255389217

And it's only $30 bucks. A bit rich you think?

:roll:

** store not properly setup - joke only **

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Am I correct to think that a transwoman is somebody who knows they are a woman,but they are trapped inside a biologically female body?

James Caruthers

SM12 wrote:Am I correct to think that a transwoman is somebody who knows they are a woman,but they are trapped inside a biologically female body?
It's a woman who can trans-form into a motor vehicle.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Badger3k wrote:

Y'know, before the fucking SJW's and feminists invaded the Atheist/Skeptic space there were no discussions about fucking the dead. Look at the comments at the place by the SJW/feminist crazies, sign consent forms for people to fuck our bodies when were dead like an organ donor consent form. Good lord I hate these lunatics. Polyamorism, necrophilia, sploogie semen fetishes. What a sick bunch of creeps. and they are doing it all under the banner of atheism/skepticism.

Like one guy said over there, those 'atheists' need Jesus. Fuckers. Now if I tell someone that I am an atheist they will reply 'Oh you're a faithless piece of shit who sprays semen all over the bedroom and on women's faces and you fuck your dead mother's corpse that you keep in a freezer.'

Fuckers.
The problem with the SJWs is that they want to find a philosophically sound morality based on some axioms but forget that the moral and social reactions to an act aren't based only on strict adherence to some axioms. Leaving aside Tauriq Moosa's article for a second (which is logically inconsistent to say the least) there are some things which we find pretty disgusting (like sex with your relatives, sex with animals, sex with the dead) for social/cultural reasons which stem from biological reasons (the offsprings of incest have a higher probability of carrying defective alleles spread in a family, sex with animals and corpses is unhygienic to say the least) and from consent reasons (incest is often sexual abuse, animals can't give consent and people usually don't want that someone fucks their corpses).

People like Tauriq Moosa argue for situations where the biological reasons are carefully removed and the consent reasons are side-stepped (although Moosa is such a poor thinker that he doesn't even get the "side-stepping" part right).

Those discussions are typical of purely academical speculations, but yes, they do present a really bad image of atheists to the general public and so they should be kept to the realm of pure academics.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

James Caruthers wrote:
SM12 wrote:Am I correct to think that a transwoman is somebody who knows they are a woman,but they are trapped inside a biologically female body?
It's a woman who can trans-form into a motor vehicle.
Didn't T Rex have a hit about them back in the day?

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Yes...what I meant to say was: Holy fuck this is glorious! This is like several months of baboon drama crammed into a couple of days. Five flaming clown cars are speeding around on their bare metal rims & crashing into each other for my amusement while I eat ice cream & laugh.

Also, every time PZ loses his footing & falls down, Nugent runs up & kicks him in the nuts just as he's regaining his footing. Every time PZ drops something & bends down to pick it up, Nugent runs up & kicks it across the street.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

AndrewV69 wrote:
LurkerPerson wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Demography is destiny
Omg you literally Hitler level eugenicisist white nationalist KKK neo-nazi. How dare you mention an easily observable fact obvious to anyone who has even a cursory interest in humanity's shared history. Live the dream man, don't worry, the promised cultural singularity is coming, one planet, one people.
Oh Yas. All of this coming from someone who looks like Hassan Nasrallah (minus the religious garb of course):
sayed_hasan_450.jpg
I can not get over how much he looks like me. Uncanny really.[/quote]

The whole "racial" aspect of immigration is almost completely irrelevant to me, especially when it comes to "arabs", which for France largely means algerians and moroccans. The mediterranean sea has been a vector for population transfers for thousands of years. There's plenty of southern europeans who have "darker" skin and whose ancestors have been on euro soil for hundreds if not thousands of years, and there's plenty of muslimized amazigh (which is what the north african "arabs" are) who could pass for lily white european easily. The area was phoenician, then roman, then greek, then german (Vandals mostly) before the arabs ever got there, without even mentioning the amazigh over which all these different waves of conquerors imposed themselves. Then there's the hundreds of years of raiding of european shores by "berber" pirates for slaves. The whole "white"/"dark" dichotomy of the american racial experience is completely useless in this situation.

Ethnicity really is arbitrary, always has been and always will be. Doesn't mean it's meaningless or unimportant. I'd love to watch someone tell an algerian who identifies as arab that he's not really an arab and his ethnicity is nothing but an arbritrarily constructed illusion, for example. The reaction is interesting, especially when you open with the same logic being applied to the french ethnicity. One is obvious and completely accurate, the other is a racist attempt at bellittling an oppressed minority. Critical theory and pomo attempts at destroying thousand year old tribal identities are only reserved for the "oppressors".

LurkerPerso

Post by LurkerPerso »

ps: I suck at quoting

Couch

Post by Couch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Jonathan wrote:46 FOR 8!!!!!
Can someone explain the sports thing
Cricket.
Basically you have two teams.
Each team consists of one "Vendor" which is decided beforehand by a coin toss from the opposing teams "Spotcher" (Unless it's a league game in which case all vendors are decided by vote and also become "strident" which puts allows them to use a technique known as "drop ball" in later matches).
After that it's time to set places. "Brandishers" are placed at random points around the field but must be placed opposite any opposing "Clegman" otherwise it's instant disqualification.
Other players must be placed in advantage or remain as substitutes until they "witness" twelve points.
The first team to throw first is whichever one "tapped the mat" (basically this the team's annual aggregate score divided by the number of remaining players left after "Fettling Stage" in the previous game).
A ball thrower, known as a "chuckler" tosses the ball towards any opposing player with advantage who then attempts to "defend" by either hitting the ball or "calling the line" using sight ONLY. Points are earned by successful defence but the player scoring must be withing 3 feet of a Brandisher from the opposing side.

You still following?
Miles behind, as usual; savouring the unravelling of Herr Meyers' vision of lebenstraum for Team SJW; but had to pop in briefly to say, Parsehole, you are a very funny cunt. Very funny indeed. I sometimes read your posts in Peter Cook's voice and I cracks me up even harder.

That is all.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Someone really ought to Tweet W***** about whether she supports TERFs and/or those who enable TERFs.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

feathers wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I have a love-hate relationship with that movie. But I hate when they dub over that metallic "shwing" sound when a sword (katana in this case) is drawn. Only sabres with all-metal scabbards make that noise, and not many of them. Fuckin' stereotypes.
As someone who has scored music/SFX for a few films (there's no money in it, don't bother) all I can say is that we know it's wrong when we're doing it, and we do it anyway.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Karmakin wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Well I think it depends on how you view PZ.

Was he being a disingenuous prick posing as the white knight of the downtrodden while he banned anyone who raised inconvenient questions and trying to bully his way into a leadership position of the A/S movement.

Or was he honestly that blind and clueless to believe that everyone who disagreed were secretly misogynists/rape apologists/Trans bigots/racists.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He latched onto sexual harassment in the A/S movement as a means to project himself into the spotlight. The ensuring drama gave his site good hits. Once he was forced to abandon reason for dogma he set a course that he found he couldn't reverse.
[...]
I have to say, I largely think this is the latter. With virtually everybody involved. Which is why, speaking for myself I try to keep these things as depersonalized as possible, as I think it's the culture and not the individual that is to blame. Now, I'm not one to lecture people who see things a different way. At least I try not to. If you want to personalize it, go right ahead. It's just not what I personally believe.
[...]
And once people find themselves out of the tribe, the scales generally fall away VERY fast. (The question is how fast will they be this time..will it be any different? I predict no)
My take on PZ is, that he is mostly convinced of the righteousness of his positions: women and minorities like blacks are historically marginalised, and their angry lashing out to their arch enemies (men and police, respectively) is fully justified, to the point where neither enemy can do any good, ever. They can at best hope not to be too hazardous.

So when he suddenly found himself in a sphere of influence (Pharyngula once was popular and admired!), while at the same time his career as a revolutionary biologist horseman/writer petered out, it was only logical to exploit that road. I don't even think it was a conscious decision.

I agree that those scales will now fall off, but what will remain is a very disillusioned, embittered, old Paul Myers. My prediction, on which you shouldn't place your bets, is that he will drop the more controversial topics from his blog and continue with Pharyngula redux on Scienceblogs, or even withdraw from blogging altogether.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

This is for all the lovely folks at FTB. You have made me laugh so much over the years.
[youtube]q_n-cf5YPHQ[/youtube]
And cheers, Couch ;)

SM12

Post by SM12 »

If something looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, can we be sure it is not a transchicken?

What is the difference between the more extreme transwomen dogmas and the Catholic position on transubstantiation?

I'm a bit ignorant of all of this.

Are there people who think a doctor should chop off a 13 year old boy's willy if he says he thinks he is a girl, or is that a position nobody holds?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
feathers wrote:
As someone who has scored music/SFX for a few films (there's no money in it, don't bother) all I can say is that we know it's wrong when we're doing it, and we do it anyway.
Brian Cox mentioned on The Infinite Monkey Cage that they'd added sound effects to the spaceship in Sunshine because the preview audience had responded badly to the silence.

James Caruthers

SM12 wrote:If something looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, can we be sure it is not a transchicken?

What is the difference between the more extreme transwomen dogmas and the Catholic position on transubstantiation?

I'm a bit ignorant of all of this.

Are there people who think a doctor should chop off a 13 year old boy's willy if he says he thinks he is a girl, or is that a position nobody holds?
It depends.

Hormones are more effective if taken earlier. So the earlier they administer them, the more likely the person will complete a transition and pass effectively.

But many people oppose giving hormones or surgery to the underage because teenagers and children often don't know what they want. Their brains are still developing until around 25, right?

I think further research is needed on the effects of these changes over long term. It might be that the least harmful method is to perform surgery or hormone therapy early on (for mental and emotional health) or it might be that the best method is to wait until adulthood (on the odds they change their minds.)

I wouldn't presume to know what the consensus is because it seems to be research is ongoing. Widespread awareness of transgender issues as something other than sexual fetish is a relatively recent phenomenon, imo.

As long as someone isn't deliberately being an asshole, like Shapiro (who played his game well, fair play to him) then I don't think it's fair to castigate that person for merely holding an opinion about transpeople not being "real." IMO it depends how they mean the word "real" because many transpeople will acknowledge they are not biologically their ideal gender. But that doesn't mean they don't deserve rights and human dignity.