Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Apples

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Apples »

CuntajusRationality wrote:If history is any guide, Myers won't be able to withstand the dissent for very long; and there are too many people on the anti-Ophelia side that banning them all would be a problem. He'll be forced to hand her over (reluctantly of course) to the baying mob sooner or later.

http://creationoutreach.com/sitebuilder ... 60h363.jpg
damn it feels good to be a Pitter

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Quiz

Here is a quote, written in defence of some place...

Round One
Someone wrote:It [place, forum, discussion group, network] has a range of views. Nobody agrees with all of them, because that would be incoherent. It has some interesting discussions, with people who disagree with each other. I don’t agree with everything said there (see above), to say the least. I don’t endorse the [place], and neither do I denounce it. I think I have a right to read posts in the [place] and even (gasp) comment on them without being hauled before the Court of Asshole Opinion.
Is this a quote by…
  1. Ophelia Benson, describing a Facebook group?
  2. A Slymepit member writing about the Slymepit?
Round Two
Someone wrote:I have on occasion made a joke in that [place]. [FTB-SJWs] are brandishing a couple of those jokes as evidence of my thoughtcriminality. [that's how low they are]
Is this a quote by…
  1. Ophelia Benson, describing a Facebook group?
  2. A Slymepit member writing about the Slymepit?

Solution
Ophelia Benson! What's more she wrote: “This is how low we’ve sunk – or maybe it’s how low we’ve always been, I don’t even know at this point.” — she begins to wake up.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Shatterface wrote:
Oglebart wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/fil ... 08/rc3.jpg

You have to admit though, he is devilishly handsome and stylish.

Come on ladies, don't let this opportunity pass you by, I'll bet it's dripping down your leg :lol:
http://nerdalicious.com.au/wp-content/u ... mcgann.jpg
This gave me a sad. Please don't make me think of Carrier when I think of Paul McGann...which I do on occasion ;)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote:
John Greg wrote:PZ Myers: Defining the phrase, Hoist by one's own petard.

:clap:
Bunch of petards.
Hoist by his own retards.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
John Greg wrote:PZ Myers: Defining the phrase, Hoist by one's own petard.

:clap:
Hoist by his own retards
Fuckety, fuckety, fuck.

windy

Post by windy »

Really? wrote: This is what Melby posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLqsmWWUwAEld0q.png
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... st-a-girl/
Hormone blockers — which until 2007 were not even an option for transgender children in the U.S. — helped make her transition all the more complete, allowing Hodson to avoid ever having to go through the male puberty process. About a year after starting blockers, she moved on to estrogen, which helped give her body a more feminine appearance.
"being a woman has nothing to do with anatomy or appearance" :roll:
When FRONTLINE met Hodson while filming Growing Up Trans, which premieres tonight on PBS (check local listings), she was just getting ready for college. She was also preparing herself for a long awaited sexual reassignment surgery.

“I’d like to have the correct anatomy,” Hodson told FRONTLINE in the below video, the first in a series of Facebook first mini-documentaries related to Growing Up Trans.
Correct anatomy?!? Truscum detected. Paging Dr Hornbeck...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Aneris wrote:Quiz

Here is a quote, written in defence of some place...

Round One
Someone wrote:It [place, forum, discussion group, network] has a range of views. Nobody agrees with all of them, because that would be incoherent. It has some interesting discussions, with people who disagree with each other. I don’t agree with everything said there (see above), to say the least. I don’t endorse the [place], and neither do I denounce it. I think I have a right to read posts in the [place] and even (gasp) comment on them without being hauled before the Court of Asshole Opinion.
Bolded words are the dead give away.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Sunder wrote:People on twitter saying they're "disappointed" with Myers over his behavior and straw man attacks.

I'm almost never disappointed with Paul because he never exceeds my expectations.
old obscure reference…

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Apples wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:If history is any guide, Myers won't be able to withstand the dissent for very long; and there are too many people on the anti-Ophelia side that banning them all would be a problem. He'll be forced to hand her over (reluctantly of course) to the baying mob sooner or later.

http://creationoutreach.com/sitebuilder ... 60h363.jpg
damn it feels good to be a Pitter
Real gangsta ass pitters don't flex nuts.
Cuz gangsta ass pitters know they got em.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Michael Nugent doesn't miss a beat. He's on Twitter holding Myers' feet to the fire for the latest round of misrepresentations and for generally being a hypocritical cunt.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:I've just bid $100 on Carrier's meal thing.
If he doesn't get another bid he's going to be eating dinner with me.
Please tell me you're not joking.
Not joking. I want a word with Richard and I'm willing to pay £70 for the privilege.
Have I ever told you that I love you? You brought me back to gay Parsehole. Thank you.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Parody Accountant

katamari Damassi wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Please tell me you're not joking.
Not joking. I want a word with Richard and I'm willing to pay £70 for the privilege.
Have I ever told you that I love you? You brought me back to gay Parsehole. Thank you.
Didn't peg you for a semen fetishist

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Crazy shit went down again. 51 year old man with hatchet, pepper spray, fake bomb & a gun did a theater thing. Pepper sprayed the whole audience, one guy got a minor hatchet slice on his shoulder. Shooter shot at an officer. Police were reportedly right on the scene.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/05/us/tennes ... index.html

My best guess is a copy cat wanna be.

pz should have never closed down those threads.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Really? wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Was anyone else reading that list and expecting "dogs" to come up?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/1 ... 06346.html
Earlier this month, Bradenton Police detective Kevin Bunch discovered 17 photos of a dog performing oral sex on 18-year-old Ashley L. Miller, according to an arrest report obtained by the Smoking Gun. The photos were allegedly found on Miller's cellphone in a folder titled "2-face fun."

In a subsequent interview, Miller told Bunch her dog's name is 2-Face and that the dog performed oral sex on her "30 to 40 times," according to the report.

Miller also allegedly told the detective she never forced the dog to give her oral sex and that he did it "on his own."

The dog showed no signs of injury and was taken to a vet as a precaution, the Bradenton Herald reports.

Police allegedly learned of the existence of the explicit photos during a sexual battery investigation in May, a news release obtained by the Herald said.

Miller was arrested on Friday and charged with two misdemeanor counts of sexual activities involving animals.

The Bradenton Police Department did not immediately return calls from The Huffington Post.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3085672/thumb ... -570.jpg?7
Dogs eat their own puke, shit and rancid meat, but needs to be seen by a vet after eating this woman :o
Blowfly Girl?

Post by Guest »

Parody Accountant wrote: Didn't peg you for a semen fetishist
It might just be a hobby?

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Ophelia Benson believes that she has the right to decide how many Tweets people should be able to write about her and if anyone busts her threshold that it's reportable harassment.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

deLurch wrote:Crazy shit went down again. 51 year old man with hatchet, pepper spray, fake bomb & a gun did a theater thing. Pepper sprayed the whole audience, one guy got a minor hatchet slice on his shoulder. Shooter shot at an officer. Police were reportedly right on the scene.

Just another MRA with toxic masculinity issues. Probably a misogynist. It couldn't have been a member of the horde because he wasn't wielding a flamethrower, broken bottle, or dead porcupine. :ugeek:

katamari Damassi

comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Richard Carrier wishes he was a woman so he could write sex stuff without trigger warnings. Let's check in on the lady poly:

http://www.elyseanders.com/blog/2015/7/21/slut
I’ve been at it for more than a couple of decades.

I did it before I was married.

I’ve done it with strangers.

I’ve done it with friends.

I’ve done it with men.

I’ve done it with women.

I’ve done weird stuff.

I’ve done incredibly disgusting things.

I’ve done things I’m not incredibly proud of… but I’m not ashamed.

I don’t particularly care if you think this is an indictment on my character.

If you think this is something bad or wrong or mockable, that tells me more about how sad and awful your sex life must be that you think women who have sex are inherently funny or worthless.

I’m also kinda picky.

You better be really good at sex if you’re going to do sex stuff with me because if I’m going to do it, I want it to be really good and really hot. If you’re bringing some mediocre D, you can go home. I don’t need it.
She's picky, but I'm pretty sure she would let somebody pee in her butt at The Meadow.

It's harder than you think.
Not really.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

deLurch wrote:Crazy shit went down again. 51 year old man with hatchet, pepper spray, fake bomb & a gun did a theater thing. Pepper sprayed the whole audience, one guy got a minor hatchet slice on his shoulder. Shooter shot at an officer. Police were reportedly right on the scene.

More privileged white people dragging us away from the depressing news about Trans people.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Does anyone else remember the time Ophelia had to shut down comments after she posted a picture of some women, girls in truth, receiving a virginity test, some elder women in the village checking for a hymen? The A+ crowd immediately began screaming it was rape, and Ophelia was scum for posting it. Of course, the entire affair had started when DM Murdock lost her FB profile for posting the image, as a protest against the practice.

At that time Ophelia said she could understand some of FTB's detractor's, if this was the sort of thing they experienced. Someone here at the time asked if the scales might not be falling from her eyes. They weren't then, and I have to say I doubt they are now.

Parody Accountant

jet_lagg wrote:Does anyone else remember the time Ophelia had to shut down comments after she posted a picture of some women, girls in truth, receiving a virginity test, some elder women in the village checking for a hymen? The A+ crowd immediately began screaming it was rape, and Ophelia was scum for posting it. Of course, the entire affair had started when DM Murdock lost her FB profile for posting the image, as a protest against the practice.

At that time Ophelia said she could understand some of FTB's detractor's, if this was the sort of thing they experienced. Someone here at the time asked if the scales might not be falling from her eyes. They weren't then, and I have to say I doubt they are now.
She will not ever come around in a meaningful way. She has an article from over a decade ago that was very antagonistic to "identity politics". She ALREADY doesn't believe a word of any of this sjw shit.

Ophelia is a mean person.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Parody Accountant wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Does anyone else remember the time Ophelia had to shut down comments after she posted a picture of some women, girls in truth, receiving a virginity test, some elder women in the village checking for a hymen? The A+ crowd immediately began screaming it was rape, and Ophelia was scum for posting it. Of course, the entire affair had started when DM Murdock lost her FB profile for posting the image, as a protest against the practice.

She will not ever come around in a meaningful way. She has an article from over a decade ago that was very antagonistic to "identity politics". She ALREADY doesn't believe a word of any of this sjw shit.

Ophelia is a mean person.
She's an OG mean girl.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Ophelia Benson believes that she has the right to decide how many Tweets people should be able to write about her and if anyone busts her threshold that it's reportable harassment.
Maybe she's one of these primitives who thinks tweeting about you steals some of your soul?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ok, I admit I thought Benson would survive this time but Melby's tweet can't be argued with.

In SJW terms this is pure TERF.

The timing is almost perfect with Myers defending Opie at the same time.

The only way it could have been better is if Gabriel and Thimbledick had already quit.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Michael Nugent doesn't miss a beat. He's on Twitter holding Myers' feet to the fire for the latest round of misrepresentations and for generally being a hypocritical cunt.
That's not all:
Little Paul wrote:You’re all sounding like Michael Nugent, the Mouth of the Slymepit: according to him, I’m a homicidal monster who connived to railroad an innocent young woman who threatened to accuse me of rape,
Well now, Mr Nugent appears to have been recently elevated to the voice of the Slymepit, previously he just provided a haven to SPs but now he's the spokesperson.

Furthermore, in Little Paul's world where facts are apparently whatever Little Paul asserts them to be, it was he who was outrageously smeared by the reprobate Nugent and not the other way around.

A failed bid for importance, a relatively failed book and now his last endeavour of note is starting to fall down around his ears. It's beginning to show in his muddled, inept lashing out.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Ophelia Benson believes that she has the right to decide how many Tweets people should be able to write about her and if anyone busts her threshold that it's reportable harassment.
This from the woman who pasted 76 posts about Jaclyn Glenn in less than a week.

Parody Accountant

So what happened with the Trans woman who worked for aa? Why was she fired?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:Ok, I admit I thought Benson would survive this time but Melby's tweet can't be argued with.

In SJW terms this is pure TERF.

The timing is almost perfect with Myers defending Opie at the same time.

The only way it could have been better is if Gabriel and Thimbledick had already quit.
Certainly agree that many SJWs are going to interpret that as TERF. But the question is, or should be, whether that is at all justified. And I certainly don't think it is. A recent guest post over at B&W that lays it out fairly well:
Guest post: People uncritically generalizing their personal experience
Originally a comment by John Horstman on A horribly effective silencer.

I was just reminded of this excellent article from a year ago (looking at some of the theoretical underpinnings/implications of the rise of use of “triggering” as a silencing tactic, among other subjects) by Jack Halberstam, a radical queer anti-capitalist anarchist who may or may not be considered trans. I’m a product of the 90s scene and theoretical perspective Jack describes in that first link, and indeed influenced by zir writing directly, which likely explains a fair amount of my views on the subject. A not-insignificant part of what makes arguments like this (which Jack notes go back decades – a point I and others have raised) so frustrating is the insistence of your recent detractors that their preferences and viewpoints are settled questions with universally-agreed-upon answers when that’s not even close to true (the first linked article discusses the insistence that “tranny” is universally a slur, irrespective of context, as another example). ....
And it sure seems to me that Melby and Company are doing precisely that - i.e., thinking that "their preferences and viewpoints are settled questions with universally-agreed-upon answers". Pretty narrow-minded and dogmatic, if you ask me.

But an interesting and quite good article - from a "Queer Bully Pulpit" - on triggering and the fainting-couch brigade at the other link.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

This was linked to on a guest post at Opies and is rather good - even though it repudiates almost everything published on FTB in the last few years. It neatly dissects the practice of safe spaces and trigger warnings.
In a post-affirmative action society, where even recent histories of political violence like slavery and lynching are cast as a distant and irrelevant past, all claims to hardship have been cast as equal; and some students, accustomed to trotting out stories of painful events in their childhoods (dead pets/parrots, a bad injury in sports) in college applications and other such venues, have come to think of themselves as communities of naked, shivering, quaking little selves – too vulnerable to take a joke, too damaged to make one. In queer communities, some people are now committed to an “It Gets Better” version of consciousness-raising within which suicidal, depressed and bullied young gays and lesbians struggle like emperor penguins in a blighted arctic landscape to make it through the winter of childhood. With the help of friendly adults, therapy, queer youth groups and national campaigns, these same youth internalize narratives of damage that they themselves may or may not have actually experienced. Queer youth groups in particular install a narrative of trauma and encourage LGBT youth to see themselves as “endangered” and “precarious” whether or not they actually feel that way, whether or not coming out as LGB or T actually resulted in abuse! And then, once they “age out” of their youth groups, those same LGBT youth become hypersensitive to all signs and evidence of the abuse about which they have learned.
https://bullybloggers.wordpress.com/201 ... nd-trauma/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ninja'd by Steers.

I'll get my coat.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:This was linked to on a guest post at Opies and is rather good - even though it repudiates almost everything published on FTB in the last few years. It neatly dissects the practice of safe spaces and trigger warnings.

In Opheliaese, "guest post" is usually "350-word comment from another of my posts that will put swayt baynk in my pocket."

Parody Accountant

Shatterface wrote:This was linked to on a guest post at Opies and is rather good - even though it repudiates almost everything published on FTB in the last few years. It neatly dissects the practice of safe spaces and trigger warnings.
In a post-affirmative action society, where even recent histories of political violence like slavery and lynching are cast as a distant and irrelevant past, all claims to hardship have been cast as equal; and some students, accustomed to trotting out stories of painful events in their childhoods (dead pets/parrots, a bad injury in sports) in college applications and other such venues, have come to think of themselves as communities of naked, shivering, quaking little selves – too vulnerable to take a joke, too damaged to make one. In queer communities, some people are now committed to an “It Gets Better” version of consciousness-raising within which suicidal, depressed and bullied young gays and lesbians struggle like emperor penguins in a blighted arctic landscape to make it through the winter of childhood. With the help of friendly adults, therapy, queer youth groups and national campaigns, these same youth internalize narratives of damage that they themselves may or may not have actually experienced. Queer youth groups in particular install a narrative of trauma and encourage LGBT youth to see themselves as “endangered” and “precarious” whether or not they actually feel that way, whether or not coming out as LGB or T actually resulted in abuse! And then, once they “age out” of their youth groups, those same LGBT youth become hypersensitive to all signs and evidence of the abuse about which they have learned.
I'm telling you guys.. she really doesn't believe in any of this shit.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Really? wrote:

In Opheliaese, "guest post" is usually "350-word comment from another of my posts that will put swayt baynk in my pocket."
I was being generous in calling it a 'guest post'.

It's the article linked to that might be of interest.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Really? wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Was anyone else reading that list and expecting "dogs" to come up?
[size=85]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ ... tml[/size]
Earlier this month, Bradenton Police detective Kevin Bunch discovered 17 photos of a dog performing oral sex on 18-year-old Ashley L. Miller, according to an arrest report obtained by the Smoking Gun. The photos were allegedly found on Miller's cellphone in a folder titled "2-face fun."

In a subsequent interview, Miller told Bunch her dog's name is 2-Face and that the dog performed oral sex on her "30 to 40 times," according to the report.

Miller also allegedly told the detective she never forced the dog to give her oral sex and that he did it "on his own."

The dog showed no signs of injury and was taken to a vet as a precaution, the Bradenton Herald reports.

Police allegedly learned of the existence of the explicit photos during a sexual battery investigation in May, a news release obtained by the Herald said.

Miller was arrested on Friday and charged with two misdemeanor counts of sexual activities involving animals.

The Bradenton Police Department did not immediately return calls from The Huffington Post.
[img.]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3085672/thumb ... -570.jpg?7[/img]
Dogs eat their own puke, shit and rancid meat, but needs to be seen by a vet after eating this woman :o
Are you talking to me? :hankey:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Sunder wrote:
So, if Michael is the mouth, who is the arsehole?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

For fucks sake, we find out today that Africans are shit swimmers, but, but, but.......... we found out why they all drowned, and also the European strategy for sabotaging their own efforts to rescue migrants attempting to row across the Mediterranean. It's fucking brilliant in it's Machiavellian deviousness.

They've deployed the Irish navy.

Paddys don't fucking Sail! Drink fight and fuck, we're your boys, but boats?

[youtube]qGyPuey-1Jw[/youtube]

katamari Damassi

Sunder wrote:
Well now that we have a mouth, who's our anus?

Really?

Post by Really? »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sunder wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Sunder wrote:

Best simulpost ever.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Parody Accountant wrote: I'm telling you guys.. she really doesn't believe in any of this shit.
I think the likes of Myers, Benson, and Carrier really do believe in this shit, in the same sense that the religious believe in their shit. They aren't simply convinced they're right. They're convinced the world isn't worth living in if they're wrong. They are simply so existentially terrified of admitting as much that they must forever behave otherwise.

Myers latest ravings have particularly reminded me of William Lane Craig, in that no reasonably intelligent and well educated person could possibly not recognize how self-contradictory their arguments are in a situation like his. And so I conclude he's intentionally dishonest in exactly the same way with exactly the same motivations as Craig.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

PZ: If you're reading I have a plan that might help settle this shitstorm.
You have an embroidery thread with a curator, a racism thread with curators, why not a trans thread? :)
You have such a talent of potential curators; Happiest Sadist- Repellent Little Martyr, Caitie Cat-Social Harridan, and many others! :drool:
I'm sure that the combined wisdom of the remarkable group of commenters you have cultivated will solve this.

katamari Damassi

Za-zen wrote:For fucks sake, we find out today that Africans are shit swimmers, but, but, but.......... we found out why they all drowned, and also the European strategy for sabotaging their own efforts to rescue migrants attempting to row across the Mediterranean. It's fucking brilliant in it's Machiavellian deviousness.

They've deployed the Irish navy.

Paddys don't fucking Sail! Drink fight and fuck, we're your boys, but boats?

[youtube]qGyPuey-1Jw[/youtube]
Years ago I read on some travel forum about the 5 stages of Irish drinking. I don't remember them all, but I think stage 3 was singing and that was your cue to leave because stage 4 was fighting.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Sunder wrote:
:D :dance: :lol:

What a freaking world we live in!! Can this get any better!!

I remember thinking I would never see the Berlin Wall come a tumbling down...

katamari Damassi

Really? wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Sunder wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Sunder wrote:

Best simulpost ever.
Great minds eh?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

windy wrote:
Really? wrote: This is what Melby posted:

[.img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLqsmWWUwAEld0q.png[/img]
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... st-a-girl/
... About a year after starting blockers, she moved on to estrogen, which helped give her body a more feminine appearance.
"being a woman has nothing to do with anatomy or appearance" :roll:
.... “I’d like to have the correct anatomy,” Hodson told FRONTLINE in the below video, the first in a series of Facebook first mini-documentaries related to Growing Up Trans.
Correct anatomy?!? Truscum detected. Paging Dr Hornbeck...
Sure seems that many trans people are just as much into gender essentialism as are many supposed TERFs. Though a focusing on different elements - which may be a consequence of a nature/nurture dichotomy.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Well, to be honest, I'm a bit of an arsehole. Fuck it, I'll take that shot for the team.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:Ninja'd by Steers.

I'll get my coat.
:) Truly, a fate worse than death ....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Sunder wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Sunder wrote:

Best simulpost ever.

Steelter.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Really? wrote:

Not the most charitable interpretation. You read the post itself? I thought it made some very good points - I doubt Benson is so obtuse as to have not realized what it was saying or its implications.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Parody Accountant wrote:So what happened with the Trans woman who worked for aa? Why was she fired?
Downsizing, I think. Her position was eliminated and the parting seemed to be amicable. She's still an atheist activist, just of a much lower profile now. I was annoyed that a rare trans woman who didn't have much truck with social justice shitheads lost her visible perch.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sunder wrote:
I, for one, welcome our new, red-polo-shirted overlords.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:So what happened with the Trans woman who worked for aa? Why was she fired?
Downsizing, I think. Her position was eliminated and the parting seemed to be amicable. She's still an atheist activist, just of a much lower profile now. I was annoyed that a rare trans woman who didn't have much truck with social justice shitheads lost her visible perch.
BTW, she was the one who had a gun pulled on her outside a conference venue. She was a he then, so it wasn't treated as a big deal, though it was in the middle of that "everyone MUST have a code of conduct or women will get raped and die" madness. Funny that.

Parody Accountant

jet_lagg wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: I'm telling you guys.. she really doesn't believe in any of this shit.
I think the likes of Myers, Benson, and Carrier really do believe in this shit, in the same sense that the religious believe in their shit. They aren't simply convinced they're right. They're convinced the world isn't worth living in if they're wrong. They are simply so existentially terrified of admitting as much that they must forever behave otherwise.

Myers latest ravings have particularly reminded me of William Lane Craig, in that no reasonably intelligent and well educated person could possibly not recognize how self-contradictory their arguments are in a situation like his. And so I conclude he's intentionally dishonest in exactly the same way with exactly the same motivations as Craig.
Imagine if William lane Craig had a blog from 10 years ago where he sided with the atheists.

I'm going from memory but didn't the old Ophelia Benson circa 2000 write about being against identity politics?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sunder wrote:
I, for one, welcome our new, red-polo-shirted overlords.
I'm with Pz on this. His Logic is sound. Michael is repeatedly calling him on his bullshit ergo Slymepit representative.

I think we should officially nominate Michael as our senator within the International Atheist Alliance, Or whatever name the rulers of the universe are going by these days, By a simple majority vote here, we could pass the motion and it would be de facto enacted.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apples wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Hungerford is quite amusing in her earnest defense of what she regards as common-sense.
Smith College has a responsibility to all current and future students to ensure that non-transitioned transwomen, also known as men, are not part of any incoming or outgoing classes at Smith. This should not be a controversial statement. It is simply common sense to build basic controls into the admissions policy designed to prevent males who have not fully transitioned— and cannot demonstrate intent to transition—from being admitted. This is the only consistent and legally justifiable means of maintaining Smith as a single-sex college in anything but name.

I hope you will take these important considerations under advisement as you review the admissions policy and plan for Smith’s future.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Hungerford, Class of 2000
Maynard, MA
The highlighted bit could have been taked from Minchin' "Storm" beat poem.
I saw that too and hoped so. But I suspect not.

Is this her?

https://www.youtube.com/user/MissMerula/videos

she's hot

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I have to say, my little darlings, that when I dug the pit just three years, one month, and one day ago I had absolutely 0 idea where the journey would lead, nor that it even was a journey.

I have to say thanks for all the lulz, arguments, screwdrivers, thumbs, shoops, vids, niggers, watermelons, and hammers that everyone has shared.

This is a magnificent, obscene, welcoming, crazy, open-minded, intelligent place and I want everyone of you to go and throw your thin white rope or smear your moip, as appropriate, over every SJW you find.
Thanks
for
the
Lulz
!

windy

Post by windy »

LurkerPerson wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: And I do note that rural white nationalism/underground white nationalism is alive and well in scandi countries that have supposedly banned that kind of hate speech and are super progressive/SJW.

Because you can't ban beliefs.
Yeah, so awful how there are still inklings of ethnic nationalism, you know, the reason there's even a nation there in the first place. If only we could completely eradicate any semblance of tribal identity for native europoors, then everything will fix itself and the foretold utopia of multicultural tolerance will finally arrive.
"White nationalism" should not be confused with the much broader concepts of ethnic nationalism or national identity in general. A common rhetorical trick of the SJWs around here is to equate any argument in favor of upholding a national identity with support for fascism and/or white supremacy. That makes it easier for actual hate movements to act the victim and engage in dog-whistle politics.