Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:Story of the year so far:
A dwarf has been jailed after he stuck a sucker dart on his head to impersonate a Dalek from the TV series Dr Who and threatened to kill his carers.

Ian Salter-Bromley, 55, also filled his mouth with dominoes before shouting: "Exterminate! Exterminate!" at two carers in his sheltered housing complex in Hull.

Police officers Tazered the man twice after a stand-off.
They had to tazer the dwarf???? How badass a dwarf is this? Daleks & Time Lords be damned - this is an honest-to-gosh bona fide Time Bandit!

Still, he'd have better off impersonating Davros than a dalek, cos this is a dwarf who needs a wheelchair, too. Except his wheelchair had been nicked, so he has to use a (presumably tiny) zimmer frame instead.

And they still had to tazer him.

How fucking badass is this dude???
The offence was committed during a campaign of public abuse after he defecated in a council office to protest about his kitchen work tops being mounted too high for him to reach.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dw ... er-5930129
They needed to while they were looking for a cock merchant.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:Story of the year so far:
A dwarf has been jailed after he stuck a sucker dart on his head to impersonate a Dalek from the TV series Dr Who and threatened to kill his carers.

Ian Salter-Bromley, 55, also filled his mouth with dominoes before shouting: "Exterminate! Exterminate!" at two carers in his sheltered housing complex in Hull.

Police officers Tazered the man twice after a stand-off.
They had to tazer the dwarf???? How badass a dwarf is this? Daleks & Time Lords be damned - this is an honest-to-gosh bona fide Time Bandit!

Still, he'd have better off impersonating Davros than a dalek, cos this is a dwarf who needs a wheelchair, too. Except his wheelchair had been nicked, so he has to use a (presumably tiny) zimmer frame instead.

And they still had to tazer him.

How fucking badass is this dude???
The offence was committed during a campaign of public abuse after he defecated in a council office to protest about his kitchen work tops being mounted too high for him to reach.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dw ... er-5930129
Two further things about the story - love this quote:
He said: "One officer described him as angry with veins sticking out of his neck."

They eventually Tazered him with two stuns guns. because they "feared for his welfare," the court heard.
Also, when you scroll down the Dalek picture appears to be growing and moving towards you. Exterminate indeed!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Since Tim Hunt isn't the monster the justice mob wanted him to be, will there be a retraction and apology from Peez's sugar dumpling? She put on her best Angry Spud face:

http://imgur.com/ij4eQ5Q.jpg

...and said some terrible shit about Hunt before she knew what was going on.

http://imgur.com/IW7z4mh.jpg

Yes? Possibly?

Hah. Right. Nevermind.

http://imgur.com/FoTDNst.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

jugheadnaut wrote:I'm guessing she did the Playboy shoot to raise her profile, with the money being secondary or not a factor at all. I assume she's going to try to transition her channel to more of a lifestyle focus than A/S issues based. She's kind of shot her wad with regards to the latter, as her videos have been very nondescript for a while. I no longer bother with them. She knows most of the big-money female YouTube stars have a lifestyle focus, with varying measures of titillation on the side.
Someone sure shot their wad but I'm not certain it was Jaclyn.

You and deLurch do this on purpose, don't you?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

FT - also, those tazers have charge enough to fell a cis-sized man. And yet this wee badass of a dwarf took two hits. Two! So to him, that's probably the equivalent of four tazes, or something.

And yet he's still standing.

Sorta.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

H. Korban wrote:Two random points: The work "pak" means pure (in a religious, ritual purity sense). Hence, "Pakistan" means the Land of the Pure. Hence, to call someone "paki" would actually be a compliment, and not an insult.

Ladies and gentleman, I present for your viewing pleasure. Steersman V 2.0

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:FT - also, those tazers have charge enough to fell a cis-sized man. And yet this wee badass of a dwarf took two hits. Two! So to him, that's probably the equivalent of four tazes, or something.

And yet he's still standing.

Sorta.
Lower center of gravity.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Tigzy wrote: And yet he's still standing.
How would you really know?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

feathers wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:I'm guessing she did the Playboy shoot to raise her profile, with the money being secondary or not a factor at all. I assume she's going to try to transition her channel to more of a lifestyle focus than A/S issues based. She's kind of shot her wad with regards to the latter, as her videos have been very nondescript for a while. I no longer bother with them. She knows most of the big-money female YouTube stars have a lifestyle focus, with varying measures of titillation on the side.

Yep, the double entendre was intentional. The phrase has a non-sexual origin, though.

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

comhcinc wrote:
H. Korban wrote:Two random points: The work "pak" means pure (in a religious, ritual purity sense). Hence, "Pakistan" means the Land of the Pure. Hence, to call someone "paki" would actually be a compliment, and not an insult.

Ladies and gentleman, I present for your viewing pleasure. Steersman V 2.0
:) If I ever write more than 50 words to explain the appropriateness of the word "Paki", please, please, I beg you to kill me.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:The latest Guardian Cringefest.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/j ... -talk-race
When you’re black, you experience random acts so extremely ignorant or blatantly racist that you simply have to laugh
for instance, when people assume you ordered chicken, call you the N-word at the supermarket or ask if they can touch your hair. When you’re black in America, such stale and corny interactions are par for the course. Yes, racism is quite predictable.
Racists are ignorant morons. In the ideal world nobody would be judged or mocked for the colour of their skin.
So when I spoke on a Drunk TED Talk panel about Kanye West in New York I anticipated a less than favourable reaction to my topic, Do White People Deserve Kanye? Indeed, the very question itself was poised in a way to be kinda confrontational – a warning shot. Sure enough, the mostly white crowd quietly vacated the room while I was speaking.

When I was asked to participate, I had never met the event organiser – a white man. When we met, I told him that I might “curse out some white people” and that I was happy to have the opportunity to tell them they didn’t own anything about Kanye.
Wait? What?
He said that this was very much what he wanted; he was aware that he was also white and was comfortable with being mocked. I sighed. Many times white people ask you to admonish them in public simply to absolve the guilt they feel for knowing about racism but choosing to enjoy privilege. It’s emotionally exhausting.
Poor you. The white man happened to be a SJW and thus welcomed you mocking his skin colour. How traumatic. It's as if the civil rights movement never happened.
The schedule of events saw four white writers each give separate talks (topics ranged from poetry, to a critical theory of Kanye “rants” and even the Gamification of Kanye West) and a panel of four black people. (Are you actually surprised?) While the room was full for the first talk, a drop-off was expected for the second. Meanwhile the panelists and I stood in the back drinking (for four hours!), listening to the presentations and rolling our eyes at their conclusions: either they were truisms, already covered by writers of colour, or simply uncomfortable for us.

Taking the stage, we agreed to keep a good humour but not lie. By the time we were done, half the crowd was gone. I watched them walk out. I saw them gasp for air once they reached the outer courtyard, gesturing to friends to “get the hell out of here”. I was so unsurprised that I had to stop myself from making a joke about it from the stage.

So what did I say to make people leave?
Maybe they're all racists? Let's read on and see.
Just like Kanye, I dared to say too much: about the appropriation of black music, the ownership of black bodies by paying white customers, the truth of classism as silent racism and the systemic racism that does not allow for black people to speak their truth without resistance, or to own the stories that they have written...
Ah....You, my friend, have just discovered that most audiences don't like being harangued by a pretentious, aggressive drunk for having a certain skin colour. Lesson learned.
My every word was spoken with conviction but it didn’t matter – I was speaking without regard for the makeup of the room. I dared to make white people uncomfortable and to strip them of their entitlement to the most polarising figure of our time and I didn’t speak in terms of maybe, I spoke in the definitive.
LMAO!
Meanwhile, the crowd forfeited their $5 to escape the discomfort of my casual yet enraging truth. They were not interested in letting me touch their hair and they let me know by quietly slipping out in protest.
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... rfalls.gif
Un-fucking-real.

Did no-one at the Guardian actually READ this hateful screed before publishing? Did the features editor simply go "Oh look! An article written by a black person! Hold the front page!"

What the fuck.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

You have my sympathies SN.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Fuck SN. That's rough. :(

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote:Fuck SN. That's rough. :(
That can be read a number of ways.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Yeah, somehow I don't think that reasoning would fly in Luton.

Just a hunch.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

In other news, phone salesman. I'm just coming off a conversation with one. It was interesting to say the least.

He asked me if I was happy with my contract. I answered in that meh kind of way. He responded by:
  • Sending me a free surfpad with a sim card included, no charge
  • Sending me a free extra phone no charge
  • Lowering the price to a set price each month where I can make as many free calls as I like unless it's abroad
Have a nice day. *click*

Am I being punked?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Btw in applying for jobs I have discovered I am considered disabled.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

from the Cesspool of Lies:
The name Pakistan literally means "Land of the Pure" in Urdu and Persian. It comes from the word pāk meaning pure in Persian and Pashto while the word istān is a Persian word meaning place of; it is a cognate of the Sanskrit word sthān

It was coined in 1933 as Pakstan by Choudhry Rahmat Ali, a Pakistan Movement activist, who published it in his pamphlet Now or Never, using it as an acronym ("thirty million Muslim brethren who live in PAKSTAN") referring to the names of the five northern regions of the British Raj: Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, Sindh, and Baluchistan".The letter i was incorporated to ease pronunciation and form the linguistically correct and meaningful name.
Better than SWLBR -istan, I guess.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

comhcinc wrote:Btw in applying for jobs I have discovered I am considered disabled.
You weren't the short guy with the dart stuck to his forehead, were you?

Jaclyn Glenn needs a little more meat on her bones, IMHO. Cute but skinny.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Cunning Punt wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Btw in applying for jobs I have discovered I am considered disabled.
No but if the pay is decent I am more than willing to give it my best try.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:

It's supposed to be 'shot one's rod' - (cf. muzzle-loading firearms.)

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
No but if the pay is decent I am more than willing to give it my best try.
Pay sucks but you get all the tasings you can handle . . . free!

BTW, if it aint TMI, why are you considered disabled?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Søren Lilholt wrote:You have my sympathies SN.
Thanks, you guys. I'm ok, but it must have been rough for her.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:
LOL! These days with my menopausal lack of horniness and lack of horniness's accompanying lubey goodness, it probably would be all rough and frictiony. :lol:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote:
I'm diabetic. It's on the list of examples for disabilities.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Pitchguest wrote:In other news, phone salesman. I'm just coming off a conversation with one. It was interesting to say the least.

He asked me if I was happy with my contract. I answered in that meh kind of way. He responded by:
  • Sending me a free surfpad with a sim card included, no charge
  • Sending me a free extra phone no charge
  • Lowering the price to a set price each month where I can make as many free calls as I like unless it's abroad
Have a nice day. *click*

Am I being punked?
Did you give him your credit card number for some minor shipping fees?

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:
Dave wrote:
Hey, youre right, diabetes was included in the ADA in 2008. <Ed McMahon>I did not know that</Ed McMahon>

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
LOL! These days with my menopausal lack of horniness and lack of horniness's accompanying lubey goodness, it probably would be all rough and frictiony. :lol:
Modern science has fixed one of those problems

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-W ... B005MR3IVO

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7 ... L1322_.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Post by Guest »

DaveDodo007 wrote:WTF.

thecollegefix.com/post/22839/
I wish the days of 60 Minutes style confrontational interviews would return. Somehow that got ethic'd out of journalism, but Janet Napolitano is a big girl with big girl panties and she deserves a microphone asking her her specific views on these publications and workshops coming out of her office.

Does she personally agree these things are microaggressions?
If she doesn't personally believe the most qualified person should get the job, what does she believe?
How does she hire for UC?
Is there any need for the UC Regents or a California Congressional investigation into her hiring practices?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Dave wrote:
Hey, youre right, diabetes was included in the ADA in 2008. <Ed McMahon>I did not know that</Ed McMahon>
Yeah came as a shock to me. Of course right now beside from drinking diet drinks I am pretending I don't have diabetes. If you ignore a problem long enough it goes away right?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:That can be read a number of ways.

See? There's a good reason to cry out "oh science!" rather than "oh god!"

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

fuzzy wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:A petition to reinstate Tim Hunt

https://www.change.org/p/university-col ... tim-hunt-2
I'd like to see the woman who can grow a crop of nose hair like that.
https://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/p ... -noPad.jpg
He should maybe consider braiding it into some dreads.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote: See? There's a good reason to cry out "oh science!" rather than "oh god!"
Honestly I prefer coconut oil.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Thank yous, on my birthday, to the incomparable Ape+Lust for some magnificent Beckbooze shoops, and to Jaclyn Glenn for perhaps the ultimate gift, namely the exploded head of Oafie Benson scattered all over her keyboard.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ed Brayton has a post up about how Alex Jones claims Obama was behind the SC church shootings. From the comments:

Lady Mondegreen says

June 23, 2015 at 11:18 pm

" I think the Patriarchy put him up to it."

Oh, I get it! Because the notion that males, historically and currently, possess disproportionate power and authority in society is just as nutty cuckoo as Alex Jones’s conspiracy theory!

Good one, abear.

abear says

June 24, 2015 at 1:50 pm

" Oh, I get it! Because the notion that males, historically and currently, possess disproportionate power and authority in society is just as nutty cuckoo as Alex Jones’s conspiracy theory!"

Oh no, by no means! As a card carrying Patriarch I just wondered if my brothers were behind the operation. Now excuse me while I go oppress someone.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Gefan wrote:Thank yous, on my birthday, to the incomparable Ape+Lust for some magnificent Beckbooze shoops, and to Jaclyn Glenn for perhaps the ultimate gift, namely the exploded head of Oafie Benson scattered all over her keyboard.
Happy birthday!

Here is the only thing I can afford to get you.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/7918ca97135a ... o1_250.gif

dogen

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote:

It's supposed to be 'shot one's rod' - (cf. muzzle-loading firearms.)
Aka going off at half cock. Watch 2:45:20 to 2:47:27 of the awesome Sharpe's Rifles:

[youtube]JeW7sCXUSX8[/youtube]

(a pouncetug says this will prompt a 20-page heated debate about historical accuracy)

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:
Dave wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Yeah came as a shock to me. Of course right now beside from drinking diet drinks I am pretending I don't have diabetes. If you ignore a problem long enough it goes away right?
Yeah, not so much with diabetes. Ive got a friend whos failed to manage it and now is having serious health issues.

Take care of yourself, man.

On the other hand, once you get a job, you can complain to HR if the soda machine doesnt keep diet cokes. :D

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Sorry to hear your news SN, not your fault. But thinking of you.
Happy birthday Geralt.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

dogen wrote:
Aka going off at half cock. Watch 2:45:20 to 2:47:27 of the awesome Sharpe's Rifles:

(a pouncetug says this will prompt a 20-page heated debate about historical accuracy)
Does it have a large number of African-Americans in it?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote: Yeah, not so much with diabetes. Ive got a friend whos failed to manage it and now is having serious health issues.

On the other hand, once you get a job, you can complain to HR if the soda machine doesnt keep diet cokes. :D
Yeah I'm basically out of luck at the moment until I can get some insurance again. With my meds I actually keep it very well under control.

Dave

Post by Dave »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Ed Brayton has a post up about how Alex Jones claims Obama was behind the SC church shootings. From the comments:

Lady Mondegreen says

Oh, I get it! Because the notion that males, historically and currently, possess disproportionate power and authority in society is just as nutty cuckoo as Alex Jones’s conspiracy theory!

Good one, abear.

abear says

" Oh, I get it! Because the notion that males, historically and currently, possess disproportionate power and authority in society is just as nutty cuckoo as Alex Jones’s conspiracy theory!"

Oh no, by no means! As a card carrying Patriarch I just wondered if my brothers were behind the operation. Now excuse me while I go oppress someone.
HEY! How do you get a card? When I joined the Patriarchy, all I got was this top hat and walking stick. Granted, the latter is damn handy for beating the ladies with.

dogen

Post by dogen »

jimthepleb wrote:
dogen wrote:

Does it have a large number of African-Americans in it?
No, but it has a dirty Irishman (played by the awesome Daragh "Perfumed Ponce" O'Malley). Just as good!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Nice to see that Pharyngula has turned the page on the Thunderdome with The Mended Drum. Starting at comment 348:
https://archive.is/4JjpH

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Ed Brayton has a post up about how Alex Jones claims Obama was behind the SC church shootings. From the comments:

Lady Mondegreen says

Good one, abear.

abear says

Bizarre. Mondegreen's argument that teh patriarchy is real because of a perceived disproportionate allocation of power & authority is precisely the same as that put forward by anti-semites as to why the Jewish world gubmint is real.

Then again, Mondegreen is a gibbering moonbat, so maybe it's not so bizarre.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
>implying that a deep-nasal-snort loogie isn't lubrication enough for the task.

Parody Accountant

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
also

when you think of a woman as a toilet you don't need lubricant :obscene-moneypiss: :goatse:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

jimthepleb wrote:Sorry to hear your news SN, not your fault. But thinking of you.
Happy birthday Geralt.
Thanks, Jim.

And happy birthday, (Oi) Gevalt!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dave wrote:

Lady Mondegreen says

Good one, abear.

abear says

HEY! How do you get a card? When I joined the Patriarchy, all I got was this top hat and walking stick. Granted, the latter is damn handy for beating the ladies with.
At least once a year, some feminist is guaranteed to ask me how much the patriarchy is paying me. I wish!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Nice to see that Pharyngula has turned the page on the Thunderdome with The Mended Drum. Starting at comment 348:
https://archive.is/4JjpH
Beating the same drum, mended or otherwise.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Gefan wrote:Thank yous, on my birthday, to the incomparable Ape+Lust for some magnificent Beckbooze shoops, and to Jaclyn Glenn for perhaps the ultimate gift, namely the exploded head of Oafie Benson scattered all over her keyboard.
Oh, happy birthday, Gefan!

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I've used it. It's good and it's inexpensive. The best water based lube though is JO H2O. Water based but feels like silicone without the messy clean up.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:LOL! These days with my menopausal lack of horniness and lack of horniness's accompanying lubey goodness, it probably would be all rough and frictiony. :lol:
Ok, you just killed off the remaining 1% of my sexual drive. :lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

windy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Daily Mail link, since I realized that the Times article is hidden behind a paywall for non-subscribers.

In short, Tim Hunt was actually joking. The Outrage Machine won't acknowledge the truth anyway.
More here:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/586554 ... ised-women

Something about this account seems a bit fishy, though:
European Commission sources have reportedly confirmed the existence of "internal minutes" from the event but have been asked not to publish or release them.

A Brussels source said: "If the minutes cast doubt on the words used by Sir Tim, that his comments made were clearly a joke, then there could be embarrassment."
As if there isn't embarrassment already?

I'm not implying it's fake- the context seems plausible and I can believe that "Brussels sources" would make those pretzel logic arguments about not publishing the minutes. But the provenance of the transcript seems a bit uncertain so far.
This all may be correct. However some of the statements by Tim Hunt has made defending those statements shows he has the social awareness and navigation skills of a Nobel Price winning scientist. The initial statements he made that were published in defense, were not to say they were a joke, but to defend those statements straight. Maybe he was quote mined.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lady Mondegreen says

Good one, abear.

abear says

I don't know who abear is (Parsehole?) but I thought s/he'd been kickbanned from FTB ages ago.

Also, who of you ladies is zanyisspectrum and how come you still live at FTB?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:LOL! These days with my menopausal lack of horniness and lack of horniness's accompanying lubey goodness, it probably would be all rough and frictiony. :lol:

Bullshit. If I haven't done it yet then it's not possible.

Parody Accountant

I was thinking of a new psy-ops plan. This is probably the wrong place for it, perhaps 8chan?

Everywhere the SJW go, we should 'join' in and immediately start linking SJW causes to our "other causes": chemtrails, anti-vaccine, anti-floridation... let's get some intersectionality with racism and homeopathy. Sexism caused 9/11 (the inside job), etc.

I bet one category of nutter would get along just fine with the others. It would also serve as a warning sign to people new to the arguments.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Dave wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Dave wrote:
Yeah, not so much with diabetes. Ive got a friend whos failed to manage it and now is having serious health issues.

'They' say that diet sodas are possibly as bad, or maybe even worse, than the real thing. Drink water, or tea. And not that sugary bullshit they call tea down there in the Confederacy.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:>implying that a deep-nasal-snort loogie isn't lubrication enough for the task.

Bullshit. If I haven't done it yet then it's not possible.
You mean that wasn't you hacking PA's account? :)