I'm on a :bjarte: streak.

Sunder

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Honestly I don't know how Anita Sarkeesian/Joshintosh got such a huge following
Hipsters.

http://www.giornalettismo.com/wp-conten ... psters.jpg
As easy as it is to make a joke about "appropriating glasses culture," I really do think people who wear frames that serve no function are dips.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... iscussing/

Someone needs to let these guys know that Intent Isn't Magic.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm going to start a new Twitter account soon, for my band's promotion. I may also open a parallel one to fuck with SJWs. It won't be a Poe or a sock. It won't be as magnificent as Godfrey, but it sure will be on the BlockBot.

If not, I will feel let down. C'mon James!
Could this be the first internet Polyamerous celibate?

Go Phil, go!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Chalke looks like she's drugged, Fraser looks...well, like himself, basically clueless happy guy, Braff looks...doped up as well, or dropping a deuce in his pants, while the last guy looks pretty retarded. Hmm..given the title, maybe it is about adult diapers.
Sorry, it's me again.

John C. McGinley is father to a kid with Down Syndrome, and is a strong advocate of ending the use of "retarded".

Did you do that on purpose?

And I'm a huge fan of McGinley. Watch "Intensity" if you can.
Well, I had no idea he was, nor what he wants, but I also couldn't care less. I've worked with retarded kids too, and I have no objections to using it when I feel it appropriate or funny. If it hurts his feelings, or anyone else's, they'll have to get over it or not like me. Makes no difference.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:quote]
About 20 years ago, I gave a talk at Ohio State University and arrived in the evening, which allowed me to see the nearby river on fire. (I have no idea if this still happens, nor can I remember the name of the river but want to say Cayahoga.) The best part was the view of the Budweiser plant in the background.
[youtube]wplUBFVsbtw[/youtube]

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Guest wrote:She also seems to say the feminists who did this aren't true feminists.
I'm 100% sure this argument would fly in Salon in any other circumstances.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Sunder wrote:As easy as it is to make a joke about "appropriating glasses culture," I really do think people who wear frames that serve no function are dips.
Such ableism. I can't see fuck without my glasses. And here they are: wearing it like an uniform. #yesallblindcoders

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

(9 more posts and I get in into back channel, get on my level, newly arrived. Oh, and fuck off.)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 89a701.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

sp0tlight wrote:(9 more posts and I get in into back channel, get on my level, newly arrived. Oh, and fuck off.)

You go girl.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

sp0tlight wrote:(9 more posts and I get in into back channel, get on my level, newly arrived. Oh, and fuck off.)

Capibara in a doughnut. Your argument is invalid.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

comhcinc wrote:
Your gifs are one of the kind. I put'em in spacial folder to fuck with my friends. Thank you.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

sp0tlight wrote:
Guest wrote:She also seems to say the feminists who did this aren't true feminists.
Years ago When I read sites like Feministe and Feministing, there were attempts by reasonable feminist to challenge what they called "toxic call out culture", but their readership wasn't having it so they eventually gave up.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Nasty Behaviour at QED con

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
QEDcon wrote:
I've told you already about this. You have an account, so don't post anonymously. Last warning before ban.
https://www.thefire.org/public/images/d ... ecc2f5.JPG

:P

(I'm not helping huh?)
Doesn't bother me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I am, of course, speaking from experience.
Phil, so you know, the pit is advanced enough, and the capacity of posts high enough that you can put more than one phrase in each comment, and can complete a full statement without spreading it out over multiple posts.

Just sayin'...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:What I mean is: the Seine is highly polluted. And during Summer, it smells like a French Girl's vajayjay after 2 weeks of camping without a shower.
About 20 years ago, I gave a talk at Ohio State University and arrived in the evening, which allowed me to see the nearby river on fire. (I have no idea if this still happens, nor can I remember the name of the river but want to say Cayahoga.) The best part was the view of the Budweiser plant in the background.
[youtube]7SKGIwsXuA0[/youtube]

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

katamari Damassi wrote:Years ago When I read sites like Feministe and Feministing, there were attempts by reasonable feminist to challenge what they called "toxic call out culture", but their readership wasn't having it so they eventually gave up.
This one of there reason why I went with Pit. I was never fond of PZ and his ilk (I liked SGU, yes, I liked Watson, too) and I did participate in some call outs on my local turf. But every day reasons for call out where becoming stupider and stupider. Pummelling some random blogger for his shitty, undeveloped ideas get old pretty quick. I just remembered all the stupid shit I said when I was 20 or so. People gave me a break and so should I.

The drop the spill the cup of shit where my mates making excuses for Ariadna's behaviour on PyCon. People couldn't admit she was wrong because of some greater narrative of including women in programming; I'm all for that but that's a shitty excuse for horrible people disrupting community I've spent 25+ years in.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lsuoma wrote:
Phil, so you know, the pit is advanced enough, and the capacity of posts high enough that you can put more than one phrase in each comment, and can complete a full statement without spreading it out over multiple posts.

Just sayin'...
https://40.media.tumblr.com/6ff42e5a67f ... o2_500.png

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
You've swum in the Seine?
And his name is apparently Lazarus.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

John D wrote:Yes - this is a very famous incident. You should feel lucky to have seen it. It was such a big environmental event that people really worked hard to clean up the river. It is much better now, as are many waterways in the US. Randy Newman wrote a song about this event.

[youtube]VtW8RkI3-c4[/youtube]
This is also the the title song of arguably one of the best sports movies of all time, Major League.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

So... did the Pit break Steersman?

Shatterface

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:So... did the Pit break Steersman?
He's just powering up.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:So... did the Pit break Steersman?

Shatterface
Since joining the new black panthers Steers just hasn't had as much time to chat online as he would like.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Phil is fighting to regain his ground after apologies.

Herbie Versmels

Post by Herbie Versmels »

Can someone tell me what the video clip in thunderfoots new video about carrier references? It's some dude singing 'oh my goodness, oh my gosh, I think I've gone full McIntosh'.

I googled this but can't find what it means.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Herbie Versmels wrote:Can someone tell me what the video clip in thunderfoots new video about carrier references? It's some dude singing 'oh my goodness, oh my gosh, I think I've gone full McIntosh'.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fullmcintosh

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Herbie Versmels wrote:Can someone tell me what the video clip in thunderfoots new video about carrier references? It's some dude singing 'oh my goodness, oh my gosh, I think I've gone full McIntosh'.

Know your meme.
About
#FullMcIntosh is a Twitter hashtag primarily used by the pro-GamerGate camp to mock various arguments put forth by pop culture critic Jonathan McIntosh and other social justice bloggers in the gaming world that they perceive as being illogical and absurd.
Origin
The term #FullMcIntosh was coined on October 16th, 2014, after Jonathan McIntosh retweeted an article posted by Badass Digest author Devin Faraci.[2] That same day, Twitter user @Sargon_Of_Akkad took a screencap of the tweets and criticized both McIntosh and Faraci, while coining the hashtag #FullMcIntosh in the process,[3] in reference to the expression “You Just Went Full Retard”. The message was favorited 92 times and was retweeted 85 times.

It's based off the line from Topic Thunder
[youtube]X6WHBO_Qc-Q[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I wasn't ninja'd. I completed the information. I rock.

Herbie Versmels

Post by Herbie Versmels »

Sunder wrote:

Thanks for this.

I don't twitter (I'm not even sure how it works) so I don't 'get' tweet/twitter references.

So much to learn.........

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

The SJW rejection of the word 'retard' is not surprising in a group of such emotionally and socially retarded people. It just hurts their own feelings and is thus verboten.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Update on Frank the Dachshund -- his owners called, and I returned him today. They are neighbors I know from up the road, decent people. They were sure he'd been taken by a mountain lion, but then called the local shelter. They'd been dreading having to tell their autistic son that his dog was gone. A very happy reunion, with their female chihuahua welcoming Frank back by dry-humping him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frank doesn't come visit again some day.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lsuoma wrote:

Just sayin'...
Yes, I know.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

See what I did there?

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Frank doesn't come visit again some day.
Glad it turned for the best! This is how shitlords like you gets the wings.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Update on Frank the Dachshund -- his owners called, and I returned him today. They are neighbors I know from up the road, decent people. They were sure he'd been taken by a mountain lion, but then called the local shelter. They'd been dreading having to tell their autistic son that his dog was gone. A very happy reunion, with their female chihuahua welcoming Frank back by dry-humping him.

Ok, that's very cool too. Well done!

Post by Guest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:A very happy reunion, with their female chihuahua welcoming Frank back by dry-humping him.

Toss some MGBOW fliers over the fence, ...

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Update on Frank the Dachshund -- his owners called, and I returned him today. They are neighbors I know from up the road, decent people. They were sure he'd been taken by a mountain lion, but then called the local shelter. They'd been dreading having to tell their autistic son that his dog was gone. A very happy reunion, with their female chihuahua welcoming Frank back by dry-humping him.

Frank will just come Hoggling along the road on his stubby weiner-dog legs. :think:

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

sp0tlight wrote:Phil is fighting to regain his ground after apologies.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badas ... ar_big.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Regarding the comment Sally Strange made over at Ashley's about how people asking about how drunk is too drunk to consent, there are some more comments now questioning her statement.
abear says:
May 5, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Sally @173:

Etc., etc. Stuff that you really don’t need to be asking unless you’re interested in getting away with rape.

People at some point need to be taught what is right and wrong.
For example; I heard a story about this 15 year old girl that was engaging in horseplay with her 12 year old brother. At some point she pinned him down and forcibly kissed him. Now an adult, she regrets the action and wishes she had been taught appropriate boundaries beforehand, claiming she wouldn’t have done it then.
If you were her parent and she asked to explain to you when and how it was appropriate to kiss her brother would you just wave her off and tell she doesn’t need to be asking that unless she was interested in getting away with rape?

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Guestus Aurelius wrote: :cdc:
Wat.

free thoughtpolice

"rape" at the end of that comment should read "sexual assault"

last edited 05-05-2015

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Just sayin'...
And if you don't like my writing format (wish is mostly for comedic effect, even if failed, dammit James, I'm a doctor, not a comedian!), just tell me. I'll revert back to the old Steersman thingy.

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

Carrier is quite clear about blaming the victim if somebody (I imagine somebody called Richard) has sex with a really drunk woman

'If your decision making is so poor that you make decisions you regret when drunk, you should not drink. If you drink anyway, you are responsible for what happens, as long as anyone else involved (1) got your consent and (2) ascertained you were capable of understanding what you are consenting to and (3) didn’t lie to you or rush you but gave you ample time and the truth to decide from, then they haven’t done anything wrong. But you might have.'

You did wrong, having sex when drunk. Carrier is innocent.

Post by Guest »

http://i.imgur.com/fxlFvwO.png

Wiki says his genre is: Alternative rock, folk rock, freak folk
Seems a pity they left out Corporate fanboy folk

[youtube]h9DBynJUCS4[/youtube]

[youtube]VKIcaejkpD4[/youtube]

Genres: Alternative rock, folk rock, freak folk, corporate fanboy folk

[youtube]5ffZgq3yvB0[/youtube]

The specific clip from Full Mcintosh is at 116 seconds

Genres: corporate fanboy folk, feminist trance, social justice gospel, duh steps, sensitive new age blues

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Am I actually eating resources when I multi-post?

Serious question here.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

katamari Damassi wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:
Years ago When I read sites like Feministe and Feministing, there were attempts by reasonable feminist to challenge what they called "toxic call out culture", but their readership wasn't having it so they eventually gave up.
I used to read at those places. And post there. But there were too many assholes so I gave up and moved on.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Thanks, all.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Well Phil

free thoughtpolice

subbie1957 wrote:Carrier is quite clear about blaming the victim if somebody (I imagine somebody called Richard) has sex with a really drunk woman

'If your decision making is so poor that you make decisions you regret when drunk, you should not drink. If you drink anyway, you are responsible for what happens, as long as anyone else involved (1) got your consent and (2) ascertained you were capable of understanding what you are consenting to and (3) didn’t lie to you or rush you but gave you ample time and the truth to decide from, then they haven’t done anything wrong. But you might have.'

You did wrong, having sex when drunk. Carrier is innocent.
Is the "If you decision-But you might have." a paraphrase or a direct quote? I think it could be interested to drop a concise quote explaining the Carrier position on drunk sex on some blogs like Ashley Miller's or Thunderdome to see how much agreement he gets. :popcorn:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

The answer is

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

It depends

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Am I actually eating resources when I multi-post?

Serious question here.
Well, yes. Every post gets a separate row in a database, and database grow. They are designed to handle hue datasets but it does adds up. The last thread made the board crawl. Since every post is bind to thread, user and other stuff, querying for posts, adding limits for pagination requires database to seek in larger and larger set of indexes. If the indexes stop fitting in memory (assigned to server), hard drives comes to the help, and this makes things considerably slower.

You shitposting won't make a difference but if we combine our powers we can down Pit for good! (Not really).

Depending on system resources, quality of the code, quality of the queries, and how well the database structure was set up (is it normalized, are the indexes attached to proper fields, what kind of data types where selected? Is number a number or did somebody stick it in a text field forcing MySQL to do type casting?) adding many post to one thread can have an impact.

But I wouldn't worry, I'm working with highly fucked up code written by people who couldn't find their asses with both hands on the second try and it works… somehow.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

spOt: no idea what you just said. But out of concern from other users, I will stop the serial postings.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:spOt: no idea what you just said. But out of concern from other users, I will stop the serial postings.
TL;DR If it's well designed and well managed multiple post have little impact (except scaring me shirtless every few days I take a peek at Pit and see page number jump another 10), I put my trust in Fascist Tit.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

In my own experience as a dog-owner, most dog-owners (aside from the occasional freak accident) who have their dogs run away are incompetent dog owners. In many situations where we found a dog somewhere, it was common for the dog to run away. Because the owners were dumb. In some cases, we'd rescue a dog only to later see that the dog had escaped again at a later date and now was gone for good. :(

I don't really like most other dog owners.

Talker

Post by Talker »

sp0tlight wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:spOt: no idea what you just said. But out of concern from other users, I will stop the serial postings.
TL;DR If it's well designed and well managed multiple post have little impact (except scaring me shirtless every few days I take a peek at Pit and see page number jump another 10), I put my trust in Fascist Tit.
Don't, there really is no need. As sp0tlight said multiple posts have little impact on overall performance, as everyone can see there are 35000+ posts on this thread so adding a few more for comedic effect does no harm whatsoever.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Talker wrote:Don't, there really is no need. As sp0tlight said multiple posts have little impact on overall performance, as everyone can see there are 35000+ posts on this thread so adding a few more for comedic effect does no harm whatsoever.
Yeah, and if the time will come the thread will got split and we'll have a clean slate. Never let engineering spoil a joke based on timing.

Or we can start donating to Pit, I've heard it's popular thing to do in A/S communities!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Talker wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:
Don't, there really is no need. As sp0tlight said multiple posts have little impact on overall performance, as everyone can see there are 35000+ posts on this thread so adding a few more for comedic effect does no harm whatsoever.
^I like this poster.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Man, that's a big microscope.

Talker

Post by Talker »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
^I like this poster.
Thanks, perhaps you could help with a problem I have with my edit button......