Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by rayshul »

I'm regularly on Steers side on this shit. Because intent actually matters, and because when you make a word "evil" irrespective of the intent of its usage, then that's super dumb.

I'm of the guns/words don't kill people, people kill people school of thought.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

The Slymepit is simply the "free speech zone" of the online A/S community. These SJWs are so used to censorship and echo chambers that it just doesn't occur to them that guilt-by-association is a logical fallacy. (Of course, some of them know full well what they're doing.)

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

d4m10n wrote:
Nice!
At least you didn't get insulted for your looks, only your muck raking ;)

Clive

"Brian Cox is married to a TERF"

Post by Clive »

Tigzy wrote:
ERV wrote: Weren't they literally *just* bitching about how 'Brian Cox is married to a TERF!" like yesterday??

Also, Watson comes *this* *close* to self awareness:
"I wasn't going to mention this, because I am a professional... A professional what... I don't know..."
So Watson is either:

1: a closet TERF herself.
2: unaware of Gia's TERF inclinations, and would surely not be so quick to big up her buddy if she knew.
3: fully aware of Gia's TERF inclinations, but she gets a pass cos she gave Becky a freebie.

I'm going for number 3. It's just so...Becky.
Brian Cox is famous, influential, and revered. Machiavellian people will forgive his wife's perceived "transgressions".
Oolon loves the transvestites who run the BlockBot. He's probably quite miffed. That lot really don't like Gia.
  • @TKingDoll is a Skepchick based in the UK.
  • @Glinner is the TV man who produced The IT Crowd and Father Ted.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm following the honey badger saga at the moment - #gamergate drama. :)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

rayshul wrote:I'm regularly on Steers side on this shit. Because intent actually matters, and because when you make a word "evil" irrespective of the intent of its usage, then that's super dumb.

I'm of the guns/words don't kill people, people kill people school of thought.
Thanks muchly rayshul; most appreciated.

Somewhat apropos of which, particularly since I have it almost on a continual loop:
[youtube]qSgsW9GLerA[/youtube] :-)

And:

Shatterface as Guest

Re: "Brian Cox is married to a TERF"

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Clive wrote:Brian Cox is famous, influential, and revered. Machiavellian people will forgive his wife's perceived "transgressions".
Oolon loves the transvestites who run the BlockBot. He's probably quite miffed. That lot really don't like Gia.
One of the Block Bot admins has recently been suspended from the Liberal Democrat Committees she sits on for hate speech.

She is trans, naturally.

Have they any reproductively female members on their team?

Because if I was running a 'feminist' app I'd like to have at least one person at risk of pregnancy or at least knows what a period is.

Shatterface

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:The Slymepit is simply the "free speech zone" of the online A/S community. These SJWs are so used to censorship and echo chambers that it just doesn't occur to them that guilt-by-association is a logical fallacy. (Of course, some of them know full well what they're doing.)
Some justification for that argument.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Clive wrote:Brian Cox is famous, influential, and revered. Machiavellian people will forgive his wife's perceived "transgressions".
One of the Block Bot admins has recently been suspended from the Liberal Democrat Committees she sits on for hate speech.

She is trans, naturally.

Because if I was running a 'feminist' app I'd like to have at least one person at risk of pregnancy or at least knows what a period is.

Shatterface
Blockbot hasn't been about feminism (as in equality for women) for a long time. It's been almost exclusively run by men blocking 'TERFs' for 'misogyny'. Misogyny in this context being any issue that discriminates against transwomen.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AsTheCrowFlies wrote:So I've been curious about this for some time, and wouldn't mind if some could enlighten me. Everytime I visit here, I see on the homepage that the largest number of users online at any one time was 636. So I was wondering, what weighty event on September 10 2014 brought so many people to the Pit ?
I think it was a bot out of control.
Steersman?
:) Actually though I think it was as a result of Lsuoma thinking that he might be "filling in" the Pit - guess reports of our demise were greatly to be hoped for but, fortunately, quite mistaken .... ;-)

Shatterface as Guest

Horns

I watched Horns starring Daniel Radcliffe earlier.

He plays a character hated on because everyone thinks he murdered his girlfriend and he's demonised to such an extent he actually grows horns.

The horns give him this gift so that everyone he meets reveals their inner self.

That's what the Pit is: demonic in other people's eyes, even willing to wear our horns with pride, yet provoking others reveal their true selves.

Shatterface

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The book was better, Shatterface.

tina

Post by tina »

Attachments
RC3.JPG
(23.09 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Clive

Post by Clive »

She is trans, naturally.

Shatterface
Sarah Noble (@SarahLicity) is a transvestite.
I think the only actual trans woman is @AuntySarah. As far as I know, the rest all have penises.. they are simply cross dressers. They are not women, though some identify as women.
In other words, @AuntySarah has had some surgery to make him a bit more like a German Shepherd. The rest are all pussy cats, but just insis that people pretend they aren't.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: Horns

Post by Bhurzum »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:I watched Horns starring Daniel Radcliffe earlier.

He plays a character hated on because everyone thinks he murdered his girlfriend and he's demonised to such an extent he actually grows horns.

The horns give him this gift so that everyone he meets reveals their inner self.

That's what the Pit is: demonic in other people's eyes, even willing to wear our horns with pride, yet provoking others reveal their true selves.

Shatterface
I just watched "The Voices" starring Ryan Reynolds earlier.

He plays a character struggling to cope with schizophrenia (the scene where he stops taking his meds and sees grim reality is particularly unpleasant!) and he actually hears the titular voices coming from his cat & dog. His furry friends give him instructions (the cat is an evil little fucker, the dog tries to prevent/reduce Reynolds nasty activities) and the whole thing is pretty dark. Funny but dark.

That's what FtB is: a collection of mental patients who listen to the voices of their animal overlords. The day they stop listening will be...interesting.

Seriously though, it's a pretty decent film.

Clive

Post by Clive »

HunnyBunny wrote:

She is trans, naturally.

Shatterface
Blockbot hasn't been about feminism (as in equality for women) for a long time. It's been almost exclusively run by men blocking 'TERFs' for 'misogyny'. Misogyny in this context being any issue that discriminates against transwomen.
Yeah, it is literal mens rights activism! (Not that there's anything wrong with it, per se.) What a farce!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

That's an interesting point you raise regarding women being women biologically to understand feminist issues. I recall very vividly a lot of my skank facebook friends talking about how men can't have an opinion on women's biology (periods, pregnancy, etc).

I wonder if those same people would automatically exclude transwomen from these conversations to?

Shatterface as Guest

rayshul wrote:That's an interesting point you raise regarding women being women biologically to understand feminist issues. I recall very vividly a lot of my skank facebook friends talking about how men can't have an opinion on women's biology (periods, pregnancy, etc).

I wonder if those same people would automatically exclude transwomen from these conversations to?
I think it's reasonable to suggest that people directly affected by an issue - such as abortion - should get a greater say in it.

Shatterface

Struth

Post by Struth »

tina wrote:...........
FTFY

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

True story: Rebecca Watson doesn't read the SlymePit. Her in-depth knowledge of it comes from the daily reports filed by her troop of flying monkeys.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

rayshul wrote:That's an interesting point you raise regarding women being women biologically to understand feminist issues. I recall very vividly a lot of my skank facebook friends talking about how men can't have an opinion on women's biology (periods, pregnancy, etc).

I think it's reasonable to suggest that people directly affected by an issue - such as abortion - should get a greater say in it.

Shatterface
Well on a personal level, yes. Probably not in terms of dictating public policy.

Because of course the question is then... which women do you listen to? Pro abortion or anti abortion?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Intuitively, it makes sense that for an issue that affects a specific demographic, their concerns should be given some extra weight.

But when it comes to representative government, politicians are supposed to represent their constituencies. Does it make sense to say that the opinions of women voters in a district do not deserve to be heard because they happen to have a male representative? Does a female representative not also have male constituents that she is beholden to that might compromise the idea that she's going to always vote for womens' interests?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Thank goodness though all women always think the same about all issues, otherwise we'd run into some major problems.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface
Look at your paycheck.
Imagine writing a check for 20% of that total (or more) and sending it to someone you hate.
Imagine going to jail if you DON'T write that check.

Now tell me that men aren't directly affected by pro-choice issues.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Really? wrote:

Shatterface
Look at your paycheck.
Imagine writing a check for 20% of that total (or more) and sending it to someone you hate.

I agree, and I don't think abortion is a good choice of an example when saying women should get a bigger say because it is a much more complicated topic than just ' it's a woman's body' shit.

My bone of contention with the trans'feminists' is firstly that their view of what it is to be a woman is distorted. They (mostly, but clearly #notalltranspeople) strive to 'pass', to appear woman-like. To do this it is in their interests to stress the socially gendered appearance aspects - make-up, high-heels, skirts, hair-do's, cleavage. Those bits that I want to see stop defining whether or not you are acceptably female (by appearing 'feminine'), are the very bits they must have to appear 'woman'like. Femininity is yet again being defined by a bunch of men based on what their needs are.

Secondly, they are just being men by dominating discussion with shouty, strident stuff. You can't talk about periods, menopause, or childbirth without being cissexist, but misgender one of these 6-o'clock-shadow 'women' in short skirts and you're a misogynistic terf. They are talking over women because their needs to feel like a woman by preening in the women's loos is more important. They can fuck off.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Myerku on Expogate:

[youtube]P9mI6vkk3dE[/youtube]

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Tigzy wrote:
ERV wrote: Weren't they literally *just* bitching about how 'Brian Cox is married to a TERF!" like yesterday??

Also, Watson comes *this* *close* to self awareness:
"I wasn't going to mention this, because I am a professional... A professional what... I don't know..."
So Watson is either:

1: a closet TERF herself.
2: unaware of Gia's TERF inclinations, and would surely not be so quick to big up her buddy if she knew.
3: fully aware of Gia's TERF inclinations, but she gets a pass cos she gave Becky a freebie.

I'm going for number 3. It's just so...Becky.
#1.

They all have ideologies that lead to TERFdom. The reality is that the transexual experience kinda invalidates a lot of their blank slate bullshit. Watson, of course is particularly deep in that BS. For us normal people, transexuality is when the brain chemistry and workings are out of sync with the physical sex of the person. It's a deeply complicated medical issue, but at the end of the day it's a medical issue and we should do whatever we can within reason to help them find a place in society. (And no, random pronouns isn't reasonable)

But if none of that matters...if we're 100% socially constructed, and if that social construction is entirely malleable, then that opens the door to a lot of uncomfortable questions. What social forces cause someone to "choose" to be trans*? What are the political implications of that "choice"? How can we encourage people to make a more "informed choice?"

Conventional TERFdom states that Trans women want to gain access to women's spaces to abuse them, and Trans men are misogynists who are ashamed that they were female. Once we even START to acknowledge that it's at any way acceptable to question the motives of Trans folk, that it's anything other than something ultimately innate, then all that bullshit automatically comes on the table.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

I should add that I do think it's possible for someone to be a Transsexual and it to be socially constructed, or at least for it to not be so much innate. I don't think it's very common, I think by and large they're generally the rabble-rousers and they make life extremely difficult for people who it's more innate, who they call "Truscum".

I'm not even joking. There's a reason if you go to the major anti-SJW subreddits, there will be a relatively large Trans* section of the population.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

By the way, on the abortion issue it's important to note that all the polling I've seen shows very little difference of opinion between men and women. (If anything women tend to support outright bans a TINY bit more)

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Karmakin wrote:
Conventional TERFdom states that Trans women want to gain access to women's spaces to abuse them, and Trans men are misogynists who are ashamed that they were female. Once we even START to acknowledge that it's at any way acceptable to question the motives of Trans folk, that it's anything other than something ultimately innate, then all that bullshit automatically comes on the table.
Conventional TERFdom? Considering TERF is a slur invented by trans allies like slimey Oolon, there is no conventional whatever to ascribe to it. People who want transactivism to the fore want us to believe it's all about 'TERFs' thinking they are going to be raped. It's not.

Also, it's not bullshit to like having a loo that you can pop into without having to explain to the bandy-legged man in a skirt what peri-menonpausal flooding is and why you want to push in line. Or to think that if your partner rapes you again and you really can't stand the living in fear of another black eye, that the woman's refuge will be a penis-free zone.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Karmakin wrote:I should add that I do think it's possible for someone to be a Transsexual and it to be socially constructed, or at least for it to not be so much innate. I don't think it's very common, I think by and large they're generally the rabble-rousers and they make life extremely difficult for people who it's more innate, who they call "Truscum".

I'm not even joking. There's a reason if you go to the major anti-SJW subreddits, there will be a relatively large Trans* section of the population.
One of the things that I have found fascinating is that transpeople (who obviously deserve equal rights, blah blah) are less than 1% of the population, they dominate approximately 87% of Tumblr and 45% of FTB.

Same thing with otherkins and "alternative" sexualities like Carrier's, most of which boil down to the good old fashioned "likes to have sex."

These people are primarily wrapped up in a victim complex. You're a woman and you want to have orgies with men or women? No one gives a shit. Go have consensual sex. You're a dude and you want to wear bustiers in the bedroom? Go for it. In fact, I think most of us Pitters don't even care about sharing a public bathroom with one of Melody's non-passing trans friends.

Aside from marriage discrimination, what are we even fighting about?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I have certainly noticed that the old school trans people are way anti-SJW compared to the new ones who've been infected by this bullshittery.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

HunnyBunny wrote:Also, it's not bullshit to like having a loo that you can pop into without having to explain to the bandy-legged man in a skirt what peri-menonpausal flooding is and why you want to push in line. Or to think that if your partner rapes you again and you really can't stand the living in fear of another black eye, that the woman's refuge will be a penis-free zone.
I'ma gonna agree to disagree with you here.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Really? wrote:
Karmakin wrote:I should add that I do think it's possible for someone to be a Transsexual and it to be socially constructed, or at least for it to not be so much innate. I don't think it's very common, I think by and large they're generally the rabble-rousers and they make life extremely difficult for people who it's more innate, who they call "Truscum".

One of the things that I have found fascinating is that transpeople (who obviously deserve equal rights, blah blah) are less than 1% of the population, they dominate approximately 87% of Tumblr and 45% of FTB.

Same thing with otherkins and "alternative" sexualities like Carrier's, most of which boil down to the good old fashioned "likes to have sex."

These people are primarily wrapped up in a victim complex. You're a woman and you want to have orgies with men or women? No one gives a shit. Go have consensual sex. You're a dude and you want to wear bustiers in the bedroom? Go for it. In fact, I think most of us Pitters don't even care about sharing a public bathroom with one of Melody's non-passing trans friends.

Signaling.

It's all about people sending up the right signal flairs to send the message that they're all modern and progressive and hip. They do that in a bunch of different way, like everything you mentioned, or all the Neo-Feminism bullshit, or stuff of that regard. I think a better question is why do we care. I'm not saying that it's wrong that we do. But I still think it's a good question to explain to people.

At least for me, it's like all these signals are flying up in the air and everybody is going oooooohhhh, pretty....and at the same time opposite the big fireworks display shit is breaking down and on fire but nobody gives a crap because everybody is watching the pretty fireworks. And I just want people to TURN THE FUCK AROUND, grab a bucket and join the bucket brigade.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

rayshul wrote:I have certainly noticed that the old school trans people are way anti-SJW compared to the new ones who've been infected by this bullshittery.
Holy fuck, some of those people make folks like Mykeru look like Zvan in terms of their anti-SJWness.

conch2o

Post by conch2o »

Really? wrote:

Shatterface
Look at your paycheck.

Eh? Is that you Glenn Beck?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:
Very brave of her to come out as trans.
Holy fuck does alcohol abuse age you.
Every time I see that pic, I feel like she is culturally appropriating my dead status.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Karmakin wrote:
rayshul wrote:I have certainly noticed that the old school trans people are way anti-SJW compared to the new ones who've been infected by this bullshittery.
Holy fuck, some of those people make folks like Mykeru look like Zvan in terms of their anti-SJWness.
I get that really, the SJW movement has fucking unpicked and fucked over everything the first group of trans rights people achieved in terms of being recognised as their psychological gender and that they're essentially no different to other people beyond that.

I mean SJWs were the first people who were like nooooo call someone a transwoman not just a woman and making purposeful divisions between being born a gender physically or not.

Really?

Post by Really? »

rayshul wrote:
Karmakin wrote:
I get that really, the SJW movement has fucking unpicked and fucked over everything the first group of trans rights people achieved in terms of being recognised as their psychological gender and that they're essentially no different to other people beyond that.

I mean SJWs were the first people who were like nooooo call someone a transwoman not just a woman and making purposeful divisions between being born a gender physically or not.
Hmm...it's almost as if there's interesting real-life data to confirm what you say.

Here's RuPaul talking about how words aren't a big deal and how the victimhood narrative is bullshit.

[youtube]QWKHx1ExoQY[/youtube]

And here's a woman who greets people with "Hey, betch" talking about how words are all hurty.

[youtube]bLufTvm1QLM[/youtube]

Shatterface as Guest

HunnyBunny wrote:My bone of contention with the trans'feminists' is firstly that their view of what it is to be a woman is distorted. They (mostly, but clearly #notalltranspeople) strive to 'pass', to appear woman-like. To do this it is in their interests to stress the socially gendered appearance aspects - make-up, high-heels, skirts, hair-do's, cleavage. Those bits that I want to see stop defining whether or not you are acceptably female (by appearing 'feminine'), are the very bits they must have to appear 'woman'like. Femininity is yet again being defined by a bunch of men based on what their needs are.

Secondly, they are just being men by dominating discussion with shouty, strident stuff. You can't talk about periods, menopause, or childbirth without being cissexist, but misgender one of these 6-o'clock-shadow 'women' in short skirts and you're a misogynistic terf. They are talking over women because their needs to feel like a woman by preening in the women's loos is more important. They can fuck off.
Transplaning. Telling women why their reproductive rights are less important than the right to pee in the Ladies while standing up.

Shatterface

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Email has come out from JREF announcing that registration is open for TAM 13.

At the TAM site, speaker list/info has been posted, includes SGU & Edwina Rogers. Also R. Elisabeth Cornwell, whose blurb ends with "She is currently on the boards for the Center for Inquiry and the Secular Policy Institute."

The email included this announcement about sponsorship:
http://i.imgur.com/KfhpK4Z.png?1

There's a link in the portion pictured above to CSI's website. CSI is a program of CFI. CFI's conference Reason for Change is featured on the CSI website above but TAM isn't. (Nor is CSI's sponsorship yet featured at the TAM website - certainly not on the main page, & cruising around I didn't find it on other pages.)

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Is it still ok to refer to my cars transmission as a tranny?

Oh wait... On second thought, I realized that I really don't care and I really don't give a shit who I " offend"

Sure, if I was dealing with rational, honest actors who were genuinely interested in discourse, I certainly would take one's feelings into account. (I'm nothing if not polite)

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Spike13 wrote:Is it still ok to refer to my cars transmission as a tranny?

Oh wait... On second thought, I realized that I really don't care and I really don't give a shit who I " offend"

Sure, if I was dealing with rational, honest actors who were genuinely interested in discourse, I certainly would take one's feelings into account. (I'm nothing if not polite)
Are you serious!?!?!

Or just giving us the gears?

:rimshot:

WaxNapoleon

Post by WaxNapoleon »

HoneyWagon wrote:Who DOES he think is the leader? Lsuoma? Godfrey? Nugent?
I thought it was Mykeru.

:hankey:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Kirbmarc wrote: The leader of the Pit is Steersman. :bjarte:
It's quite possible that the person found a 500+ word post, and (at least) one that discusses the word "nigger". I have some vague recollection of there having been a few but also those typically being surrounded by posts that disagree & take Steers to task, or try. Pushback from other people, in other words.

And it's quite possible that @dubarmy is paraphrasing there, not quoting directly.

However, on a search of the 'Pit I am not finding that quote, nor fair-sized chunks of it, nor phrases that are similar (including trying versions with black for POC, n-word spelled out, etc).

Certainly posts containing individual words from that apparent quote appear, but nothing close to that phrase & assertion (as far as I found). I tried a bunch of searches that returned "No suitable matches were found", including "it's not racist" (w/ and w/o quotes). I searched Steers' posts.

I know - the lack of search hits surprised me, too. You don't suppose someone would misunderstand, misremember, or misrepresent what they read on the 'Pit...?

This post is the closest match my searches turned up, but of course it's not a 500-word post:
James Caruthers wrote:
Steersman wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: The irony is killing me.
Hey! I don't take an hour in a video to say something that, according to Tribble at least, could have been read in 10 minutes.

And you can't have read many of Carrier's posts, or Miri's, or Hornbeck's if you think I'm "long-winded". Maybe your attention span is shorter than most?
My mistake, it must have been a different Steers who spent 400 pages arguing that "nigger" isn't a racist word.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Is Michael Nugent the most patient being in the universe?
I imagine he's the type of person who makes matchstick models of the Titanic. Scale 1/1
Kudo to the Nuge.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Skep tickle wrote:
It's quite possible that the person found a 500+ word post, and (at least) one that discusses the word "nigger". I have some vague recollection of there having been a few but also those typically being surrounded by posts that disagree & take Steers to task, or try. Pushback from other people, in other words.

And it's quite possible that @dubarmy is paraphrasing there, not quoting directly.

However, on a search of the 'Pit I am not finding that quote, nor fair-sized chunks of it, nor phrases that are similar (including trying versions with black for POC, n-word spelled out, etc).

Certainly posts containing individual words from that apparent quote appear, but nothing close to that phrase & assertion (as far as I found). I tried a bunch of searches that returned "No suitable matches were found", including "it's not racist" (w/ and w/o quotes). I searched Steers' posts.

I know - the lack of search hits surprised me, too. You don't suppose someone would misunderstand, misremember, or misrepresent what they read on the 'Pit...?
I assumed they were talking about this post - viewtopic.php?p=263190#p263190 which is a scroll down from the photoshop Rebecca linked. The Steersman post ends with this quote:
Whereas my assertion is that epithets like “nigger”, “kike”, and “faggot” – when directed at a specific individual – are not necessarily racist
from which I assume the (much abbreviated) twitter 'quote' arises.

franc

Post by franc »

HunnyBunny wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Nice!
At least you didn't get insulted for your looks, only your muck raking ;)
Damo is peezee lite. Amorality is same. Execution is weenie like. Inconsequential fart bag that likes to shoot soft targets. Have no idea why Abbie thinks he has a brain.

franc

Post by franc »

When Alex Gabriel doesn't clean up his polyps -
alex_gabriel_breeds.jpg
(52.66 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

I assumed they were talking about this post - viewtopic.php?p=263190#p263190 which is a scroll down from the photoshop Rebecca linked. The Steersman post ends with this quote:
Whereas my assertion is that epithets like “nigger”, “kike”, and “faggot” – when directed at a specific individual – are not necessarily racist
Thanks - that makes sense. The twitter 'quote' fails to convey the qualifications in his line quoted above or to summarize his argument leading up to it, but I can see how it could be the take-away "peek & shriek" view of his position.

franc

Post by franc »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Aratina blames the victim:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Skep tickle wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
Thanks - that makes sense. The twitter 'quote' fails to convey the qualifications in his line quoted above or to summarize his argument leading up to it, but I can see how it could be the take-away "peek & shriek" view of his position.
Heh, "peek & shriek", I like it. I'm stealing that for next time my 20 yr old daughter SJW ( :shock: how and why did that happen?) looks at my twitter feed and runs to facebook to lament about her out-of-touch mother.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Is Michael Nugent the most patient being in the universe?
I imagine he's the type of person who makes matchstick models of the Titanic. Scale 1/1
Kudo to the Nuge.
I think they are trying to wear him out. They all chat in the backchannel and email etc. It is a concerted attack. Hope he does not fall for it. He just has to remember they are ALL dishonest and will harm if necessary to achieve their objectives, including overworking him to a breakdown.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Kudo to the Nuge.
I think they are trying to wear him out. They all chat in the backchannel and email etc. It is a concerted attack. Hope he does not fall for it. He just has to remember they are ALL dishonest and will harm if necessary to achieve their objectives, including overworking him to a breakdown.
He's had to deal with both the Catholic Church and politicians (and violent extremists). I don't think the FtB crowd are anything but lightweights compared to them.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:

The fact that they want to know exactly what is going on in our minds, and despite the fact that we have no issue with them doing everything they want that we have in our power to control, somewhere in the back of our minds, we just might not agree with them about 100% of everything they want us to agree with, shitlord.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I sstill have no idea why I get a title, but I am interested in the picture. I can't magnify it enough to get the writing, and tineye yields no results. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

Badger3k wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Kudo to the Nuge.
He's had to deal with both the Catholic Church and politicians (and violent extremists). I don't think the FtB crowd are anything but lightweights compared to them.
There attacks on Shermer really damaged his reputation (not!)

You know, Peezus, Shermer is still getting those speaking gigs that you deserve....

And Shermer's trophy wife is more attractive than your trophy wife.

And his books sell more.

And he has taken care of his body better than you have.

No wonder you hate him.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Looks interesting.
Kirbmarc wrote:Aratina blames the victim:
You'll have to paraphrase whatever was said since Aratina has locked down his Twitter account.

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

While Michael Nugent debates on national radio , the Prophet Peezus is marking 1st year undergraduate papers in a tiny town in middle America.

Still, at least Peezus can look back on a failed career in science, if he has a telescope to see that far back.