Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Okay, so I was ninja'd. But it was well worth seeing it twice.
Yes! I ninjad you! I bested you! Bow before me, Tigzington! BOW!!!!

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Poor old Pruney is losing touch with reality:
Ophelia wrote:Nugent has been ignoring it ever since he forced that “dialogue” on us, that “dialogue” that accomplished nothing other than giving a group of harassers a more respectable place to publish their harassment.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -afore-ye/

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Pogsurf wrote:Poor old Pruney is losing touch with reality:
Ophelia wrote:Nugent has been ignoring it ever since he forced that “dialogue” on us, that “dialogue” that accomplished nothing other than giving a group of harassers a more respectable place to publish their harassment.
This Melby Foundation seems to be a non-starter, at least through a cursory Google search. According to Guidestar, they "may no longer exist." Had anybody heard of them before they white-knighted Little Paul?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

In general, screechymonkey was saying quite sensible things until this (which is in P Z Myers' "compliance" thread):
I’m not sure if this is an example of the Streisand Effect as much as it is the Cosby Effect: viciously going after one accuser may backfire and spur your other victims to come forward.

Here’s hoping that CFI President Ron Lindsay can take time out of his busy scheduling of chastising Rebecca Watson’s blog posts to actually do his fucking job and supervise his staff.
To even suggest that Ron Lindsay should intervene in a civil lawsuit being pursued by one of his staff is beyond stupid.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Wow, PZ.

I have a remarkably low opinion of your intelligence and self-awareness and even I did not anticipate that you would consider denying that you were served a subpoena after blogging and tweeting about it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Billie from Ockham wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Unless he changes his ways, Little Paul Myers is going to run afoul of a libel victim of his doing that won't roll over and show his belly (goddamn did Shermer dissapoint ).
If it turns out that Michael Shermer backed off out of respect for Alison Smith I will be - to put it mildly - somewhat outraged. (Has anyone floated this possibility before?)
I would really like Shermer to articulate exactly why he rolled over. His lack of follow-trough emboldened Lil' Paul and his venomous ilk.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
This Melby Foundation seems to be a non-starter, at least through a cursory Google search. According to Guidestar, they "may no longer exist." Had anybody heard of them before they white-knighted Little Paul?
It's just her way of attempting to satirize the AI announcement. There is no such thing as the Melby Foundation in actuality.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Billie from Ockham wrote:In general, screechymonkey was saying quite sensible things until this (which is in P Z Myers' "compliance" thread):
I’m not sure if this is an example of the Streisand Effect as much as it is the Cosby Effect: viciously going after one accuser may backfire and spur your other victims to come forward.

Here’s hoping that CFI President Ron Lindsay can take time out of his busy scheduling of chastising Rebecca Watson’s blog posts to actually do his fucking job and supervise his staff.
To even suggest that Ron Lindsay should intervene in a civil lawsuit being pursued by one of his staff is beyond stupid.
I think screechymonkey is getting at protecting the helpless womyn against the all-pervasive sexual harassment by the evil mens. Even if it looks like a consensual relationship and the womyn is batshit crazy.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Pogsurf wrote:
Don't listen to him PZ! Popehat, :P more like Asshat!
Just another lawyer telling you to shutup and give a lawyer some money.
Make more blogposts and don't let them silence you. Keep calling rapists even louder to show them you aren't scared. :clap:

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Sunder wrote:Wow, PZ.

I have a remarkably low opinion of your intelligence and self-awareness and even I did not anticipate that you would consider denying that you were served a subpoena after blogging and tweeting about it.
This is why I genuinely think he's a psychopath: the complete obliviousness to probable consequences of his actions even to himself

Add that to his grandiosity, superficial charm (apparently), dishonesty and utter lack of empathy and he's a clinical case.

Shatterface

CaptainFluffyBunny

Crap. I actually read the Melby statement linked by the Benson burner. Funny as shit. I should have read before I wrote.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

PZ is my hero. He's not afraid of those patriarchal shitlawyers. You show them, Peez! Keep posting!

Struth

JT Eberhard

Post by Struth »

Never?

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:
Don't listen to him PZ! Popehat, :P more like Asshat!
Just another lawyer telling you to shutup and give a lawyer some money.
Make more blogposts and don't let them silence you. Keep calling rapists even louder to show them you aren't scared. :clap:
Next time you receive a subpoena from a so-called 'judge' just respond with this:

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/did ... 3-2342.gif

Shatterface

CaptainFluffyBunny

22 guests. Maybe Lil' Paul and the whored are looking for free legal advice. Well, you've come to the right place!

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I would really like Shermer to articulate exactly why he rolled over. His lack of follow-trough emboldened Lil' Paul and his venomous ilk.
Agreed, but the net effect was essentially that of giving Peez a $1 billion ACME Corporation gift card. All we had to do was wait for the "bang".

Really?

Post by Really? »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:22 guests. Maybe Lil' Paul and the whored are looking for free legal advice. Well, you've come to the right place!
I'm really hoping that PZ continues on this path. Here's a preview of the technique he plans to use when the judge is addressing him.

[youtube]-TwYVWQsXmQ[/youtube]

And here's his big finish:

[youtube]BofddwtPBPw[/youtube]

Oculus Doculus

Post by Oculus Doculus »

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2832104/thumb ... -570.jpg?7

Spineless Woman Needs Man To Hold Head Up

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:22 guests. Maybe Lil' Paul and the whored are looking for free legal advice. Well, you've come to the right place!

Speaking of which...
Dear Womyn, Allies, Transfolk, Gender Neutrals, Eco-Sexuals, Persons of Mental Variance, and sundry Otherkin,

Thank you! Thank you all so much!

It had been a long, long, and sometimes bitter wait out in the cold, but rest assured, I now bask in glow of your (vastly overdue) recognition.
Pay ye no attention to the cow-skulled has-been. He doesn't even work here any more.
The road has been long, but the harder the climb, oh, the sweeter it is to have reached the summit!

More outrages will fellow, you have my word. Just so long as you don't all become too preposterous to satirize (a goal with which you have all been daily flirting).
Stop it, because we all know flirting = REAP.

Thank you. And may the Lord Peezus watch over you all (from the safety of The Morris Minnesota Rubber Ramada in the parking lot of which he appears to currently be doing donuts).

Your friend,

Ghurka

conch2o

Post by conch2o »

Sunder wrote:Wow, PZ.

Haha! Unbelievable shenanigans from Meyers in that tweet.

Pope: never accept you got served.
Meyers: okay I will deny it.
Pope: you're a fucking moron. Go ask nerd for some legal advice.

Really?

Post by Really? »

So Tethys is pretty fucking stupid:
Tethys
15 April 2015 at 6:17 pm
Screechymonkey
Please don’t be insulted,
No worries! I am not at all insulted by your attempts at educating me on the finer points of civil law. I did realize that PZ has merely been subpoenaed as part of radfords defamation lawsuit, and is not the defendant.
Third, while it is true that state law will supply the underlying law on which Radford’s case against Stollznow will be decided, it won’t be the law of Minnesota unless there is some connection to Minnesota of which I’m unaware. Quite likely it will be the law of Colorado, where the action is pending, though choice of law issues are tricky and I don’t know enough about the facts of this case, where the alleged defamation took place, etc., to say with any confidence.
I was trying to be succinct and left out a few steps in the logic train, but this is what I was getting at with citing state law. In the absence of federal law, the state law will be applicable even though none of the parties is a resident of Colorado? It seems odd that Radford can refile a case in federal district court of Colorado after it was thrown out of New Mexico’s state court on the basis of merit. In any case it is a moot point, PZ has complied with the subpoena and hopefully the Colorado court comes to the same verdict as the New Mexico court, with extreme prejudice.
Zhe understands nothing about the case. The case is being tried in Colorado because STOLLZNOW WANTED IT THERE. What a fucking idiot.

conch2o

Re: JT Eberhard

Post by conch2o »

Struth wrote: Never?
Great find. These cunts are the kind of reflexive liars who appear in news articles having conned their friends out of thousands by pretending to have cancer.

Absolutely amazing, I love it.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

It's okay guys he was only pretending to be retarded:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Sulman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Exactly what I thought.
He's going to cave and do it. Everything else is bluster.
So we should taunt him to not do so.

You heard that, PZ? You're just a little, scared sissyboi complying to Ben Radford because you envy him for boning Karen Stollsowznz while you have to jerk to deviantART comissions of Rebecca Watson being tentacle raped by yourself as an octopus. We know it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

From the Nuge's latest:
28 M.A. Melby April 15, 2015 at 11:59 pm
“We also, by-and-large, believe that serous accusations of serious crimes need to be taken seriously, such as reporting to the police. Yet because of this, we’re suddenly bad people. Whereas, you obviously do not believe in Western Jurisprudence, but more of the old Soviet ‘guilty until proven innocent’ method commonly used by totalitarian and regressive regimes.”

You realize that you’re advocating that everyone to be required to put aside their own discernment in deference to centralized authority and then accusing others of being totalitarian?

I just find that sort of fun. Like Nihilists getting bent out of shape or Utilitarians buying Kit-Kats.
What?

Billie from Ockham

Really? wrote:So Tethys is pretty fucking stupid:
Tethys
15 April 2015 at 6:17 pm
Screechymonkey
Please don’t be insulted,
No worries! I am not at all insulted by your attempts at educating me on the finer points of civil law. I did realize that PZ has merely been subpoenaed as part of radfords defamation lawsuit, and is not the defendant.
Third, while it is true that state law will supply the underlying law on which Radford’s case against Stollznow will be decided, it won’t be the law of Minnesota unless there is some connection to Minnesota of which I’m unaware. Quite likely it will be the law of Colorado, where the action is pending, though choice of law issues are tricky and I don’t know enough about the facts of this case, where the alleged defamation took place, etc., to say with any confidence.
I was trying to be succinct and left out a few steps in the logic train, but this is what I was getting at with citing state law. In the absence of federal law, the state law will be applicable even though none of the parties is a resident of Colorado? It seems odd that Radford can refile a case in federal district court of Colorado after it was thrown out of New Mexico’s state court on the basis of merit. In any case it is a moot point, PZ has complied with the subpoena and hopefully the Colorado court comes to the same verdict as the New Mexico court, with extreme prejudice.
Zhe understands nothing about the case. The case is being tried in Colorado because STOLLZNOW WANTED IT THERE. What a fucking idiot.
Thrown out of New Mexico on the basis of merit??? Who is Tethys and why did his/her parents drop him/her so many times?

James Caruthers

Sunder wrote:It's okay guys he was only pretending to be retarded:
PZ is a master ruseman.

PZ Myers: "lololol i troll u"

Judge: "I am not impressed."

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

James Caruthers wrote:
PZ is a master ruseman.

PZ Myers: "lololol i troll u"

Judge: "I am not impressed."
Has anyone ever beaten a contempt of court rap by way of an insanity plea?

Southern

Post by Southern »

Deny acess to everything and spit on the judge's face, PZ.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/d ... faggot.jpg

James Caruthers

[youtube]z8A85cl5w3s[/youtube]

conch2o

Post by conch2o »

Lol.

What a ridiculous cunt.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

PZ has had his fart arse licked for so long he's forgotten that there's a real world with consequences outside of Pharyngula.

Really?

Post by Really? »

From Nuge:
a hermit April 16, 2015 at 12:18 am
Actually I did hang around the pit as a “guest” when it first started. Probably posted more there I ever have at pharyngula. It was the most unpleasant online experience I think I’ve ever had.

On the other hand when I posted to object to Myers Robin Williams rant I git apologies from several of his horde after a heated exchange. So my experience is quite different from the preferred ‘pit narrative.

But that’s beside the point which is that it seems hypocritical of you pitters to celebrate your own rudeness and then pretend to be offended by Myers.

But then its not his rudeness that offends is it? Its the fact that he’s rude to the wrong people…
I find it difficult to believe that a knob like him would come to the pit. We should feel quite bad that being here was "the most unpleasant online experience" he's ever had. How was he to know that "The Slymepit" might not be a fucking hugbox?

I'm also amused by the continued attempt at maintaining the narrative that PZ's rape accusations and violent rhetoric are the exact same as our rudeness.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

conch2o wrote:
Lol.

What a ridiculous cunt.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/79/79518715 ... f67b2f.jpg

PZ's argument:
"B...Bu...But I'm PZ Myers! This law cannot possibly apply to me!"

Billie from Ockham

Actually I did hang around the pit as a “guest” when it first started. Probably posted more there I ever have at pharyngula. It was the most unpleasant online experience I think I’ve ever had.

On the other hand when I posted to object to Myers Robin Williams rant I git apologies from several of his horde after a heated exchange. So my experience is quite different from the preferred ‘pit narrative.

But that’s beside the point which is that it seems hypocritical of you pitters to celebrate your own rudeness and then pretend to be offended by Myers.

But then its not his rudeness that offends is it? Its the fact that he’s rude to the wrong people…
I just bent all my spoons reading that entire set of comments on Pharyngula. One person apologized to A Hermit. Almost as many came to his defense as attacked him or her, but only one of the attackers apologized.

Just in case you were wondering if his claims were true.

With that said, that set of comments is better than most, as several people do take P Z Myers to task for his incredibly crass post on the death of Robin Williams. In other words, even a measurable subset of the Horde was offended by that one.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Unless he changes his ways, Little Paul Myers is going to run afoul of a libel victim of his doing that won't roll over and show his belly (goddamn did Shermer dissapoint ).
If it turns out that Michael Shermer backed off out of respect for Alison Smith I will be - to put it mildly - somewhat outraged. (Has anyone floated this possibility before?)
I would strongly suspect that Shermer was probably aware of who the anonymous accuser was prior to starting any legal moves, as the FTB/skepchick groups all seemed pretty chatty. That would have eventually leaked back to him.

Now let's look at the lawsuits themselves. Unless someone is willing to cave right away, you are looking at a quarter million to take it to court. The odds of winning a defamation case in court is extremely low, as we have learned that most cases are settled out of court. Actually having this case in court would have drug this out far longer by at least a couple of years.

And the tough part about it is with the information we have, it appears to boil down to a grey he-said-she-said situation involving alcohol that won't have any clear winner or mass appeal.

I suspect the legal letters sent out to pz and crowd forcing them to reconsider what they can really say legally without getting their asses handed to them was about as much of a win as Shermer could reasonably get without spending a boat load of dollars.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

saved
https://archive.today/0wG7Q

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
I would strongly suspect that Shermer was probably aware of who the anonymous accuser was prior to starting any legal moves, as the FTB/skepchick groups all seemed pretty chatty. That would have eventually leaked back to him.

Now let's look at the lawsuits themselves. Unless someone is willing to cave right away, you are looking at a quarter million to take it to court. The odds of winning a defamation case in court is extremely low, as we have learned that most cases are settled out of court. Actually having this case in court would have drug this out far longer by at least a couple of years.

And the tough part about it is with the information we have, it appears to boil down to a grey he-said-she-said situation involving alcohol that won't have any clear winner or mass appeal.

I suspect the legal letters sent out to pz and crowd forcing them to reconsider what they can really say legally without getting their asses handed to them was about as much of a win as Shermer could reasonably get without spending a boat load of dollars.

Except that she didn't feel like taking it before a jury of his peers. Instead she shit all over him in the loose tribunal known as the Court of Uneducated Public Opinion.
The US has the most harsh, batshit-insane copyright protection laws in the world.
Yet when it comes to defamation and slander in both person and print it is remarkably hard to bring a case even against members of the press.

I think it would be better if we loosened our copyright laws and worked towards the British legal standards on Libel and Slander.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Ironically, one of the reasons the Press is very Yellow these days esp the online press (e.g Daily Dot, anything to do with HuffPost or Gawker) is because reporters and news organizations are almost never held accountable for even downright lies, esp against poor or legally disadvantaged defendants (public defenders or anything involving a gag order being the most egregious examples). This same press, however, tends to be very sycophantic towards those with money or political power.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Clarence wrote: ...I think it would be better if we loosened our copyright laws...
http://mematic.com/_/gifs/applause/applause-gif-3.gif
...and worked towards the British legal standards on Libel and Slander.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B6VNBnvXCAw/T ... ANNERS.gif

conch2o

Post by conch2o »

Gefan wrote:
Clarence wrote: ...I think it would be better if we loosened our copyright laws...
http://mematic.com/_/gifs/applause/applause-gif-3.gif
...and worked towards the British legal standards on Libel and Slander.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B6VNBnvXCAw/T ... ANNERS.gif
NO!!!!

People travel to the UK specifically to initiate libel proceedings because of the laws and rewards. You do not want to go that far.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:From Nuge:

I find it difficult to believe that a knob like him would come to the pit. We should feel quite bad that being here was "the most unpleasant online experience" he's ever had. How was he to know that "The Slymepit" might not be a fucking hugbox?

I'm also amused by the continued attempt at maintaining the narrative that PZ's rape accusations and violent rhetoric are the exact same as our rudeness.
I remember him from years ago when we both of us were posting comments at a Canadian presupositionalist site. His arguments as a representative of atheism were embarrassing. He was stuck in dogma ( and still is) as much as the Calvinist Xtians he was debating.

conch2o

Post by conch2o »

I KNOW that this post of Meyers's had comments yesterday which are not here today. They were by nerd ranting in a way which also targeted Meyers inadvertently. Way back website gives me nothing anyone can find anything? I'm sure dammit.

conch2o

Post by conch2o »

conch2o wrote:I KNOW that this post of Meyers's had comments yesterday which are not here today. They were by nerd ranting in a way which also targeted Meyers inadvertently. Way back website gives me nothing anyone can find anything? I'm sure dammit.
Here is the post
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ur-rulers/

Billie from Ockham

SoylentAtheist wrote:I suspect the legal letters sent out to pz and crowd forcing them to reconsider what they can really say legally without getting their asses handed to them was about as much of a win as Shermer could reasonably get without spending a boat load of dollars.
That's not only plausible but has a bunch more face validity than my little theory. But I still think that it would be at least ironic if Michael Shermer backed off because pushing on would have been highly embarrassing for Alison Smith.

In other non-news, M A Melby is a jerk.

Billie from Ockham

Billie from Ockham wrote:In other non-news, M A Melby is a jerk.
While, in contrast, OnionHead is majorly cool.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Tethys
No worries! I am not at all insulted by your attempts at educating me on the finer points of civil law. I did realize It seems odd that Radford can refile a case in federal district court of Colorado after it was thrown out of New Mexico’s state court on the basis of merit. In any case it is a moot point, PZ has complied with the subpoena and hopefully the Colorado court comes to the same verdict as the New Mexico court, with extreme prejudice.
Tethys is definitely wrong. The case was in fact transferred from NM to CO, not dismissed. However, there was an original dismissal (without prejudice) that was subsequently amended/corrected and changed to a transfer, which might explain the confusion.

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to pass this along to Tethys:

There was an original judgement filed [in New Mexico] on 8/5/14 dismissing (not transferring) the case without prejudice. On 8/22/14, Radford's team filed a Motion to Amend/Correct arguing that it should have been transferred as opposed to dismissed. On 9/5/14, Stollznow's team filed a Response to the Motion, in which they did not oppose the transfer. The judge granted the motion and amended/corrected the original judgement on 9/15/14, and the new case subsequently opened in Colorado on 9/22/14.

Here's an excerpt from the last order in the New Mexico case file, titled STIPULATED ORDER TRANSFERRING CASE AND AMENDING ORDER AND JUDGMENT, filed 9/15/14 (emphasis mine):
STEPHAN M. VIDMAR, United States Magistrate Judge wrote:THIS MATTER came before the Court upon the Plaintiff’s Motion to Amend Order Granting Motion to Dismiss and Judgment (Dkt. # 21) pursuant to Rule 59(e) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and 28 U.S.C. § 1631, which requires federal courts to consider transfer as an alternative to dismissal and mandates transfer when such action is possible and in the interest of justice, as it is in this case. Defendant filed her response (Dkt. # 22) in which she does not object to the transfer of this matter. The Court being advised, FINDS the motion should be granted. Accordingly, the Court herewith amends its order of August 8, 2014 (Dkt. # 19) and amends its Judgment (Dkt. # 20) of the same date. In doing so, the Court reaffirms its opinion and Order and Judgment (Dkt. #s 19 and 20), that this Court lacks personal jurisdiction over the defendant, Karen Stollznow, but agrees that this case should not be dismissed without prejudice and, instead, should be transferred to the United States District Court for the District of Colorado...
U.S. District Court
District of Colorado (Denver)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:14-cv-02620-MJW

Radford v. Stollznow
9/22/14: Case transferred in from District of New Mexico; Case Number 14-cv-00334
Black's Law Dictionary (9th ed.)
merits - the elements or grounds of a claim or defense; the substantive considerations to be taken into account in deciding a case, as opposed to extraneous or technical points, esp. of procedure
on the merits - (of a judgement) delivered after the court has heard and evaluated the evidence and the parties' substantive arguments

free thoughtpolice

CR wrote:
Be careful about disagreeing with her- I did a few years back and got a chilling threat:
I. am. still. nearly. quaking. :roll:

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:CR wrote:
Be careful about disagreeing with her- I did a few years back and got a chilling threat:
I. am. still. nearly. quaking. :roll:
"I will cut you, Abear!" lulz aplenty.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Recent legal developments, and general hostility have Herr Myers both mystified and a little depressed.

[youtube]Zd_galypmhU[/youtube]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZs redactions assume a reader with no skeptical institutional memory.

So are Myers and Karen using a TV mind reader with a grudge as a character witnesses?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Click to enlarge)

http://i.imgur.com/2hCfzMS.jpg

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Clarence wrote:Ironically, one of the reasons the Press is very Yellow these days esp the online press (e.g Daily Dot, anything to do with HuffPost or Gawker) is because reporters and news organizations are almost never held accountable for even downright lies, esp against poor or legally disadvantaged defendants (public defenders or anything involving a gag order being the most egregious examples). This same press, however, tends to be very sycophantic towards those with money or political power.
I am kind of fine with the US version of defamation laws. I think the larger issue is that dealing with such issues is out of the financial grasp of the average person. If there were some sort of court-light that was not as expensive, I think we would be better off.

WaxNapoleon

Post by WaxNapoleon »

Scented Nectar wrote:Merican-centrism again. Here in the States its called Valley Girl and associated with upper middle class airheads from LA suburbs, particularly during the 80s. Its still an annoying verbal tic, and its frowned upon not because its associated with women, but because its associated with idiots (who in this case happen to be women.)
[youtube]ufYYOXiEtxM[/youtube]

[youtube]NERVSe8d2VU[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Let's just quickly review Stollznow's character witnesses:

MK - a belly dancing GF from 14 years prior
MH - you would have to demonstrate this is not Melody Hensly before I took notice
AR - you would have to demonstrate this is not Surly Amy before I took notice
SJ - who pointedly said BR was not extremely aggressive but he did talk to her in person
CB - apparently a TV psychic with a grudge over a 2010 article written by BR
TK - who makes no accusations but does believe what she is hearing.

Quite the menagerie.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

PZ has another post up about the Nugent. I won't post a link because it has a link to an historical doxxing of a Pitter in the comments. (? not sure on the details of this, long before my time in the rift)

Gilliel weighs in with the usual nonsense. Brave, brave hordies.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I admit I only skimmed the Compliance post and missed this.
To whom it may concern,

My wife and I have recently become millionaires, we are child-free and intend to remain so. We are still relatively young (we both turn 40 this year). One of the things we have tasked ourselves with is the creation of our wills. We had discussed giving 50% of our eventual estate away (given our current incomes, current net worth and our rate of saving/investment). We expect to have an estate of roughly $5-7M when we pass. We plan to divide the other half amongst our nieces and nephews. The Center of Inquiry had, until recently, been on our short list. We would likely have left them $1M upon our passing.

We were appalled by the opening address to the Women in Secularism conference. We were then dismayed by the non-apology apology that was issued. We were disgusted by the treatment that Dr. Stollznow was subjected to. We were angered by the tepid response that the Center For Inquiry made to her allegations. We were livid at the fact that the harasser remains at CFI. Finally, I am simply saddened by the fact that the president of the CFI sent a latter demanding such nit-picking, minor corrections to Dr. Stollznow’s article on what happened to her. In the end, the organization and its president appear to have no decency.

I can honestly say that the organization lost $1,000,000 of our money in the last few months. I’m quite sure that I am not alone. I sincerely hope that the board of directors for the CFI steps in and takes action.

Anonymous
*chortle*