Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
piero

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by piero »

New gun attack in Denmark. Target was Lars Vilks, one of the original Mohammed cartoonists. He survived, but someone else died.
One dead and three injured in Copenhagen 'terrorist attack'

feathers

Post by feathers »

piero wrote:New gun attack in Denmark. Target was Lars Vilks, one of the original Mohammed cartoonists. He survived, but someone else died.
You've been jihad'ed by the locals, higher up on this page.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Lsuoma wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Two crab boats out of Anacortes, Washington sank in the Bering Sea on Feb 14, 1983:

http://www.skagitpublishing.com/ourcent ... -1989.html

I've an uncle and aunt who lived and taught in Anacortes for years, and the loss of the Americus and the Altair was devastating, in no small part because so many of their crew were young men, some just out of high school.

Don't know whether this anniversary was the impetus for the Gordon Lightfoot story.
No - it was because he's been performing for half a century and is about to embark on a tour at the age of 75.
Lightfoot's music wears thin for me fairly quickly but he was a worthy contributor as an actor in "Harry Tracy" back in the early eighties.
If you haven't seen it, it's a beautiful, elegiac little western. The line; "Them's pretty tough words from a man standing hip-deep in his own poop" these days, always sends my mind to Morris, Minnesota for some reason.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

feathers wrote:I wonder if you could have it split up lengthwise, so you end up with 2 wieners.

Three rogue wieners sunk the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

feathers wrote:
piero wrote:New gun attack in Denmark. Target was Lars Vilks, one of the original Mohammed cartoonists. He survived, but someone else died.
And Vilks wasn't of the original cartoonist. He is a swedish artist who came later.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

feathers wrote:
Here's my prediction on how the FTB regulars will fuck up:

Myers will use the line ''Nobody deserves to die for drawing a cartoon but...''

Benson will point out the person killed wasn't actually the cartoonist but some ''innocent'' bystander.

Shatterface

piero

Post by piero »

feathers wrote:
Oops! Those jihadi ninjas are getting faster by the minute.

piero

Post by piero »

Snapfingers wrote:
feathers wrote:
And Vilks wasn't of the original cartoonist. He is a swedish artist who came later.
Double jihaded. I'll go get some sleep.

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

another lurker wrote:
Tribble wrote:
another lurker wrote:Big lakes create their own weather.

And you get a long ship like the EF, or any oil tanker, and they will snap in half like a long, skinny piece of sphaghetti, should they get caught in waves going opposite directions on both ends.
I just checked the NOAA site. They're getting 15' waves on Superior right now. Superior is know for waves hitting 25' and waves as high as 40' have been reported. Rogue waves, usually when two combine, have been known to exceed 50'.
I think that at one time, rogue waves were thought to be merely a legend. Recent research has proven otherwise.
They exist all right.

As a brat on the the Flotta Lauro 'Angelina Lauro', Bay of Biscay 1969, vessel got whacked by some, rolled +/-
35 degrees (see below).

Also, as a brat, you don't always appreciate the terrors of your parents.

My parents were in the dining room, on B deck.
The only things bolted to the deck were the tables. When the vessel rolled, everyone in the room, plus all the
plates, cutlery, glasses, food, drink, chairs, and mobile service units tumbled and piled up from one side of
the room to the other. Three times (six slides). To add to the excitement, the full length glass doors
shattered. My mother caught one of the service units in her back, which didn't help. Apparently, apart from
some nasty lacerations and impalements, only one woman broke a leg. Crew running around in a panic. And my
parents didn't know how their little darlings were getting on...

My brother (8), and sister (4), were in the cinema watching some kiddy thing (much too juvenile for me, being
10). Vessel rolls. Projector fails, speaker towers fall through the screen. So we have a pitch dark cinema
filled with kiddies. Nice for them.

Meanwhile, I was in our cabin on A deck. Got a grandstand view through the porthole of the sea rising to about
six feet below, with the porthole feeling like part of the floor, then dropping away, a lonnnnnnnnnng way
away. And again. Once more for the big finish. (Also marking the inclinometer, which was a protractor with
dangling weighted string, that my dad had stuck up on the wall. That's the sort of family we were.) And
enjoying every second of it.

My parents and siblings showed up. Cabin floor covered in suitcases. (Background noise outside the cabin was
much running around and shouting).
Me: "wasn't that amazing!"
Rest of clan: rather subdued.

Shortly after did the 'tour of the bridge', had the bad taste to ask how far the vessel had rolled and was
told "18 degrees". Yeah, right, so then sat down with a cross section of the vessel and proved that my
porthole observations matched the 35 degree roll on the string inclinometer. Obnoxious Wonk.

Different time, different culture. As far as I know, nobody sued, and there was of course no 'I thought I was
going to die' with video to be immediately sent to youtube and global 24 hour TV. Just another day on the Bay
of Biscay.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Lsuoma wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Two crab boats out of Anacortes, Washington sank in the Bering Sea on Feb 14, 1983:

http://www.skagitpublishing.com/ourcent ... -1989.html

I've an uncle and aunt who lived and taught in Anacortes for years, and the loss of the Americus and the Altair was devastating, in no small part because so many of their crew were young men, some just out of high school.

Don't know whether this anniversary was the impetus for the Gordon Lightfoot story.
No - it was because he's been performing for half a century and is about to embark on a tour at the age of 75.
If his career extends for another half century, he'll be able to sing the whole song.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

franc wrote:Coon guitarists -

[youtube]LoF_a0-7xVQ[/youtube]
ALL I WANTED WAS A FUCKING PEPSI MOM.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Maybe we could use the term SVU to denote that special elite group of identity politicians who have succeeded in monetarising their victimhood. So far I would say this includes the Sarkeesian/McIntosh entity of course and also Stollnznow and perhaps Becky just about qualifies based on her patreon income.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

The dopey cunt's done it again.

http://i.imgur.com/hIjutp9.png

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

another lurker wrote:[youtube]9vST6hVRj2A[/youtube]
Reworked as Back Home In Derry sung by Christy Moore.

Lyrics by Bobby Sands, would you believe?

[youtube]XQLcOAAX9FY[/youtube]

Southern

Post by Southern »

H. Korban wrote:Allahu Akbar thread on 4chan:

https://boards.4chan.org/gif/thread/680 ... bar-thread

All we now need is one with our Most Beloved Baboon as he goes around stabbing christians. Allahu Akbar!
404 thread. Damn, cuckchan is really shitty these days.

Southern

Post by Southern »

feathers wrote:Some 3 km from my home :shock:
CAn you confirm that it was Allahu Akhbars and not Jesper who did the attack? Just curious.

franc

last rites

Post by franc »

Baboons accused me of animal cruelty several times...

Home from poker last night, half tanked. Sat on porch for smoke with a mug of wine. An old time pal possum came out of tree, up ramp and sat next to me. It was sick. Eyes glassed like marble, Said wait and grabbed some bread from inside.

It curled in my lap like a dog and ate bread. Dipped some in the wine. It ate and ate. Full, it tried to look at me, then shambled off.

Found its corpse under porch now, needed shovel to get it. Got it, buried it.

Have more human connection with critters than Myers will ever have with a human.

Shatterface as Guest

Southern wrote:
CAn you confirm that it was Allahu Akhbars and not Jesper who did the attack? Just curious.
Sky News is saying there has been shooting near a synagogue a couple of miles away. One person shot in the head.

Shatterface

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Thinking more about the ludicrous idea that Dawkins is somehow to blame for the numbnuts in NC shooting those folks. Imagine if someone told you that a 'famous atheist' snapped and shot three people to death in cold blood. If you then had to choose between PZ Myers and Richard Dawkins as the perpetrator, we all know who would be the likely one. It wouldn't even be close.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: last rites

franc wrote:Baboons accused me of animal cruelty several times...

Home from poker last night, half tanked. Sat on porch for smoke with a mug of wine. An old time pal possum came out of tree, up ramp and sat next to me. It was sick. Eyes glassed like marble, Said wait and grabbed some bread from inside.

It curled in my lap like a dog and ate bread. Dipped some in the wine. It ate and ate. Full, it tried to look at me, then shambled off.

Have more human connection with critters than Myers will ever have with a human.
Quite beautiful.

Shatterface as Guest

NoGodsEver wrote:Thinking more about the ludicrous idea that Dawkins is somehow to blame for the numbnuts in NC shooting those folks. Imagine if someone told you that a 'famous atheist' snapped and shot three people to death in cold blood. If you then had to choose between PZ Myers and Richard Dawkins as the perpetrator, we all know who would be the likely one. It wouldn't even be close.
I wouldn't put it past the Horde. Thing is, I think they'd more likely kill another atheist.

A lot of Travis Bickle's over there, sick of mopping the cum off the backseat, posing in front of the mirror with a gun, with their genitals tucked between their legs like the guy in Silence of the Lambs because patriarch.

Shatterface

Shatterface as Guest

Hope you buried it deep. Myers might dig it up and shove it up someone's arse.

Shatterface

feathers

Post by feathers »

Southern wrote:
Jesper Both is a psychiatric patient probably in a hospital 300 km removed from Copenhagen. He's not known to have a gun, an accomplice, a car and enough motivation to do this.

Nearby Copenhagen Østerbro/Nørrebro/Nordvest on the other hand is an area filled to the brim with muslims of all sorts. I'll place my bets on the culprits being from there.
Shatterface as Guest wrote:Sky News is saying there has been shooting near a synagogue a couple of miles away. One person shot in the head.
Yep, Krystalgade. Plus two coppers shot in arm and leg. It's not clear if this has anything to do with the other day's events.

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

This profile of Paul Elam was.... interesting.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamserwer/how- ... .njlq4ql94

The comments are also quite informative, in all kinds of ways.

Shatterface as Guest

feathers wrote:Yep, Krystalgade. Plus two coppers shot in arm and leg. It's not clear if this has anything to do with the other day's events.
Seems like a pattern: an attack on some symbol of free speech followed by what looks like an attack aimed at the Jewish community.

Not sure what's worse; the same shooter coming back for more or an opportunist seeing the first attack on TV and thinking 'I'm gonna go kill me a Jew'.

Shatterface

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Garlix wrote:This profile of Paul Elam was.... interesting.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamserwer/how- ... .njlq4ql94

The comments are also quite informative, in all kinds of ways.
I get the feels that all these radical blogger types are pretty damaged goods.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

He said artists and satirists should not tread more carefully in their criticism of Islam than they would in criticizing any other religion. “Almost the entire Muslim world is subject to a theological rule that has a strange outcome when it comes to human rights,” he said. “You can’t ignore that. Then you’re talking tactics, how should one go about to change that. Some say you should be very careful, but that’s just postponing the problem. Sooner or later, you have to explain what you’re criticizing.”
Well said, Mr. Vilks. This, 1000 times this, etc.

Last time I checked, women were human beings, and their rights are certainly subject to "strange outcomes" in much of the Muslim world. Strange outcomes like not having any. You'd think the proud SJW feminists would be all over this inconvenient truth.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Shatterface as Guest wrote:

Hope you buried it deep. Myers might dig it up and shove it up someone's arse.

Shatterface
If not, give it a couple of years and Cainaji will be along to photograph its bones.

Fuck me, but they're a weird bunch over at Meyers's place, aren't they. I mean, when you stand back and look objectively at what they say and do, they really are a bunch of fucking scary oddballs, idiots, lunatics and sociopaths. We are the ones depicted as subhuman freaks, but if you're honest...Meyers's group has us beat hands down.

We get Jesper coming here off his meds, and people make an effort to tell him he should get back with his psych people. They have a child rapist posting, and people start sending him fucking babysitting job offers.

We put people on our personal ignore lists. They fucking blurt out to the world that they want someone to die in a fire, they want some anonymous person to stick a fucking porcupine up their own asshole, or they would stab some good fucking samaritan who offered to pray over their fat little dying body.

They is fucked up over there.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I believe you will get a faster result with rat bait, cages and water filled wheelie bins.

Or so I've heard.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

25 days gone, 5 days left, and Zvan's still stuck halfway. Her Kickstarter hasn't moved for most of a week. She's not gonna make it.

Poor Zvan, nobody likes her.

http://imgur.com/jvQkL1d.png

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

NoGodsEver wrote: Giliell is stark raving nuts. And some of the rest of the Horde seem to be catching on to that.

http://www.freezepage.com/1423884748GIOXSCYSCL
I switched over to the freezepage and have not got very far so all I am going to say is that it is well known to the point that even I know this:

Good luck trying to emulate the playing style of Jimi Hendrix! That fucker could and did play the guitar behind his back.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Jimi Hendrix...

he's white, right?

Shatterface as Guest

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Jimi Hendrix...

he's white, right?
The guy in the frilly shirt?

Yes:

https://archivetvmusings.files.wordpres ... /mw-75.jpg

Shatterface

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:25 days gone, 5 days left, and Zvan's still stuck halfway. Her Kickstarter hasn't moved for most of a week. She's not gonna make it.

Prediction: Two Cows, Meyers, and Laden have some couch cash which they will magically - and probably secretly - dump into the Kickstarter right at the end. Or it could be the Zvanatee itself. Maybe even Opheliar; is she a fan of the Zvanatee?

Anyway: this ain't not gonna achieve its goal, that was surely clear from the start.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Agreed. Zvan would drop 3k just to avoid the red-faced loss of credibility.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

David Marjanović rips Nerd a new one in the Thunderdome:
Nerd of Redhead!
Here are a few facts, all of which are obvious from the Darwin Day debate thread without any recourse to earlier threads where EnlightmentLiberal has commented:
– EL is not a creationist.
– EL is not a religious believer.
– EL has not claimed that magick or the stupornatural exist. In fact, they’ve claimed the opposite.
– EL has talked about Dungeons and Fucking Dragons. D&D is a game in which something called magic exists (an interesting discussion then started about whether that should really be called magic); EL used it as a hypothetical example, a thought experiment, in their attempt to define the stupornatural so we could more easily talk about it.
Has this finally made it through your osteosclerotic skull?
For something like seven years now I’ve been telling you – only once every few months on average, because it’s so boring – to read comments for understanding, not for trigger words. Not only do you have a long history of missing even the most blatant satire and believing it’s serious, you also have a long history of taking your favorite words completely out of context and unloading your boilerplate on whoever happened to write them. Seriously, if you weren’t in the [Lounge], I’d long have concluded that you’re a chatbot created by an intelligent designer who wanted to troll creationists and maybe also everyone else; unlike the bit about osteosclerosis, this is not hyperbole.
*deep breath*

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
You forgot Terrance Hobbs, shitlord!

[youtube]o3k1yU7Suks[/youtube]
I think I love you.
Uhhh... awkward. I guess I can be your valentine or something, but no tongue, ok? :lol:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:No, really, I haven't listened to Suffocation in years, even though I did a 90's Death Metal night just a couple of weeks ago (included Deicide, Sadus, Sadist, Death, Morbid Angel and Sonseed for reasons.)
Suffocation is one of my favorites. They are also insane live, so if you haven't had the chance to see them, I highly recommend it. It seems like they have been touring a fair amount lately, so hopefully if you haven't caught them they make it to Europe in the near future.

Sonseed and Sadus haven't been on my radar, and I couldn't even find Sonseed on metal-archives.com. Any tips for where I can find their stuff? When I google them, all I come up with is some kind of Jesus rock band by the same name...

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

BarnOwl wrote:
another lurker wrote:[youtube]9vST6hVRj2A[/youtube]
I caught the end of an interview with Gordon Lightfoot on NPR this morning, but didn't find out why this came up today ("gales of November" and all).

I've heard people who've never been to the Great Lakes say things like "It's a lake, how can a huge freighter be lost?" Apparently they don't quite grasp the size of Superior and what the storms can be like.
That's weird. I've lived in Michigan most of my life, so I have great lakes privilege, but seriously, have they not seen these bodies of water on a map? Superior alone covers about 32,000 square miles, which is almost 3 times the surface area of New Jersey. I guess you could call that a "lake", but it could just as easily be considered a fresh water sea.

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

Southern wrote:

All we now need is one with our Most Beloved Baboon as he goes around stabbing christians. Allahu Akbar!
Back online now. Some of these are really very, very funny.

http://boards.4chan.org/wsg/thread/5537 ... ar-edition

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

he's white, right?
Did he ever play with his thumb over the neck of his guitar?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

H. Korban wrote:
Southern wrote:

Back online now. Some of these are really very, very funny.

http://boards.4chan.org/wsg/thread/5537 ... ar-edition
Laughed like a crazy man at this:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Brive1987 wrote:Agreed. Zvan would drop 3k just to avoid the red-faced loss of credibility.

?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Cliché Guevara wrote:

he's white, right?
I believe he used to use a screwdriver as a slide. Not sure if flathead or Phillips.

Post by Guest »

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

AndrewV69 wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote: Giliell is stark raving nuts. And some of the rest of the Horde seem to be catching on to that.

http://www.freezepage.com/1423884748GIOXSCYSCL
I switched over to the freezepage and have not got very far so all I am going to say is that it is well known to the point that even I know this:

Good luck trying to emulate the playing style of Jimi Hendrix! That fucker could and did play the guitar behind his back.
And thanks to him, generations of mediocre no-talent hacks (such as yours truly) can impress people by playing behind their back "like Hendrix", which is actually quite easy.

I'm sure a lot of thumb-on-neckers in here will confirm.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

NoGodsEver wrote:David Marjanović rips Nerd a new one in the Thunderdome:
Nerd of Redhead!
Here are a few facts, all of which are obvious from the Darwin Day debate thread without any recourse to earlier threads where EnlightmentLiberal has commented:
– EL is not a creationist.
– EL is not a religious believer.
– EL has not claimed that magick or the stupornatural exist. In fact, they’ve claimed the opposite.
– EL has talked about Dungeons and Fucking Dragons. D&D is a game in which something called magic exists (an interesting discussion then started about whether that should really be called magic); EL used it as a hypothetical example, a thought experiment, in their attempt to define the stupornatural so we could more easily talk about it.
Has this finally made it through your osteosclerotic skull?
For something like seven years now I’ve been telling you – only once every few months on average, because it’s so boring – to read comments for understanding, not for trigger words. Not only do you have a long history of missing even the most blatant satire and believing it’s serious, you also have a long history of taking your favorite words completely out of context and unloading your boilerplate on whoever happened to write them. Seriously, if you weren’t in the [Lounge], I’d long have concluded that you’re a chatbot created by an intelligent designer who wanted to troll creationists and maybe also everyone else; unlike the bit about osteosclerosis, this is not hyperbole.
*deep breath*
Fuck me, the boy got his ass creamed and handed to him on a sliver platter, with salt, pepper and a grating of parmesan.

He's a dumb cunt, though; honestly, he may not be playing with the full pack, and I sometimes feel guilty about laughing at him. But still, the greater good is served by pointing out that he is a sort-of respected commentator at Meyers's blog.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Happy valentines day, you fucks.

[youtube]ipEDSD4ASdY[/youtube]

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Here's a belated Valentine poem for you :

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Well, actually they're purple
But nothing rhymes with purple
So blue it is.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:25 days gone, 5 days left, and Zvan's still stuck halfway. Her Kickstarter hasn't moved for most of a week. She's not gonna make it.
I've avoided bringing it up seeing if it would fail.

Protip: If you want to organize a conference, don't develop the online persona of a psychopath before hand.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Cliché Guevara wrote:

he's white, right?
I believe he used to use a screwdriver as a slide. Not sure if flathead or Phillips.
If I ever decide to become a blues guitar legend, I am going to call myself Flathead Phillips.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Don't say man-hater at PLU:

http://www.plu.edu/resolute/fall-2014/w ... er_jen.jpg

Misandrists don't exist, apparently.

http://www.plu.edu/resolute/fall-2014/words-can-hurt/
What they really mean is "Your language. My choice." And as it turns out, that is incorrect. I'll call these people man haters if I want, and they can nurse their hurt fee fees how ever the fuck they want. My language. My choice.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Shermetron:

http://i.imgur.com/b0tIs2c.png

Does anyone have a contact in the Morris PD (or UPD) who can arrange for this guy to be stopped and searched for his clear and distinct declaration that he will be walking around with a knife, which he intends to use to kill anyone proselytizing him? Do we need to spraypaint him brown before law enforcement takes notice?

The guy is clearly a public fucking menace, having moved from rape to murder. Seriously, what can we do to prevent this coming atrocity in the American Midwest?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Suet Cardigan wrote:Here's a belated Valentine poem for you :

Roses are red
Violets are blue
So blue it is.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm a dyslexic,
Zsymjk iiuyash akr.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Suet Cardigan wrote:Here's a belated Valentine poem for you :

Roses are red
Violets are blue
So blue it is.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm a dyslexic,
Zsymjk iiuyash akr.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I've got the Aspie,
And I spend quite some considerable time each day wondering about love, because I hear so much about it, but do not understand what people mean when they use the word. Are they joking (another word which I know is in common use, and indicates something approximating a lie which is (in some way) not a lie), or are they talking about a thing, an object, an item which can be held and examined, because that would be...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

MacGruberKnows wrote:
If I ever decide to become a blues guitar legend, I am going to call myself Flathead Phillips.
Good luck dude.

http://i.imgur.com/ote8zUM.jpg

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/cLxCmPw.jpg
That's awesome. I wonder if his buddies get drunk and use his head as a urinal.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Prediction: Two Cows, Meyers, and Laden have some couch cash which they will magically - and probably secretly - dump into the Kickstarter right at the end. Or it could be the Zvanatee itself. Maybe even Opheliar; is she a fan of the Zvanatee?

Anyway: this ain't not gonna achieve its goal, that was surely clear from the start.
It's suddenly up to $7000, $400+ from 5 backers. I guess I should've done like deLurch and kept my yap shut.

Yeah, ordinarily I'd take it as given they won't let Stephanie fail. But not long ago PZ said he hasn't been taking his FtB earnings, instead putting them back into the site. Unless Peez wants to forego FtB needs, he'll have to pull money from his pocket (maybe from the cash mountains he made with Happy Atheist). Laden and Zvan are no long mutual turd polishers, they kinda dislike each other now. And the bulk of the contributions are pledges in the $100-150 range, serious cash from the strongly committed. What Zvan's not getting much of are the $10-50 donations from ordinary supporters, the kind of people whose attendance would make her event a conference and not a tribal circle jerk. IOW, keeping her project afloat would mean further costs to the already invested just to buy a small gathering of the usual bunch, which will eventually happen elsewhere in better venues with better accommodations for better reasons (ie, not a conference on how to hold conferences). It could happen, but I think it'll be painful enough it won't.

Then again, Bjarte might just pledge the missing six grand and buy Surlyramics for all attendees. He's wacky enough.