Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
NoGodsEver

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by NoGodsEver »

dogen wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Dick Poop done broke The Pit.
No, it just wasn't funny. :bjarte:
You have to have the mentality of a 5th grader to find it funny. Guilty as charged. :bjarte:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JesperBothPedersen wrote:Are you guys serious about taking FTB down?

Or are you just trolls?
Dude - I activated your account: USE IT.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:While we're on this topic:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelwmiller/h ... -to-shower
So it reiterates what several of us were saying yesterday. Wash your Carlins, at most, and not every day.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Lsuoma wrote:
JesperBothPedersen wrote:Are you guys serious about taking FTB down?

Or are you just trolls?
Dude - I activated your account: USE IT.
He manages to behave himself on WEIT. Don't know why he is acting like such an assclown here. Jesper, you can do better.

dogen

Post by dogen »

NoGodsEver wrote:
dogen wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Dick Poop done broke The Pit.
No, it just wasn't funny. :bjarte:
You have to have the mentality of a 5th grader to find it funny. Guilty as charged. :bjarte:
While doing a Google image search for 'poop dick' (which is itself quite enlightening), I happened across this:

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuz ... 7169-3.jpg

It reminded me of the way the FTB bloggers get their stories from each other.

Southern

Post by Southern »

"Dick poop" sounds like something Mykeru would pick as a nym.

windy

Post by windy »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:My string is still in perfect condition. I believe its Latin name is the frenulum. Sounds like Moomintroll sidekick to me...
Great. Now I'm going to have to explain to my kids why I giggle when I read those books to them, which really sucks because my daughter has already announced that she is going to be Little My when she grows up. "I threatened him, dear," is one of her favorite sayings.
Moomin-troll:
moomin-troll.jpg
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Because everyone's skin oil levels and such are the same!

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

Anyway I have oily skin and greasy hair. I don't work at a place where I need to go so I don't have to shower daily, but if I had to actually be somewhere and be presentable I'd have to shower daily. No matter what buzzfeed or some random celebrity says.

I wonder if other grease-balls are tired of how most people complain about "dry skin" and how most products are for dry skin or damaged hair, etc. If it matters I am part Italian and Puerto Rican. Do us folk have "greasy skin" genes?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Southern wrote:
JesperBothPedersen wrote:The Pit. BWAHAHAHAHAH!:-)
> be jesper
> be a faggot
> come to the slymepit to stirr shit
> gets cockblocked
> trys to troll some more
> fails
> mfw i realize even moot is less a cuck than jesper
He's probably from halfchan /b/, too. Fail.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

debaser71 wrote:Because everyone's skin oil levels and such are the same!

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

Anyway I have oily skin and greasy hair. I don't work at a place where I need to go so I don't have to shower daily, but if I had to actually be somewhere and be presentable I'd have to shower daily. No matter what buzzfeed or some random celebrity says.

I wonder if other grease-balls are tired of how most people complain about "dry skin" and how most products are for dry skin or damaged hair, etc. If it matters I am part Italian and Puerto Rican. Do us folk have "greasy skin" genes?
Settle down, oilslick. Why would anyone ever assume that an article written for a general audience is meant to apply to absolutely everyone? Use some common sense, Valdez.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Yo, Parsehole!
Would you please show this Jesper clown how it's done?
He's embarrassing himself .

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

NoGodsEver wrote:

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

Settle down, oilslick. Why would anyone ever assume that an article written for a general audience is meant to apply to absolutely everyone? Use some common sense, Valdez.
EVERYONE!

I'll just get right to it.

CHECK YOUR DRY SKIN PRIVILEGE!

(and I'm mainly just kidding around...but I am curious if other people notice how advertising and stuff push the idea of skin moisturizer for dry skin...."oh you poor dear, you have dry skin...here's 10,000 products for you to chose from"...."you have oily skin? Fuck you you dirty fucker, learn to bathe correctly and stop eating terrible food!")

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Rice farmers get huge gov't subsidies -- but not almond growers, for example, another big crop around here. Our congressmen is a rice farmer who gets $300k p/a from the govt, but rails against WiC, a program to support food purchases for pregnant women and families with young children.

An endless battle rages in California over SoCal and Central Valley (farming) demands for NorCal water. That we're now in the seventh year of our regular two-year drought makes things only worse.

cf. CHINATOWN
I've seen that so much. And if you point out they're doing the same thing, you can be damn sure they're going to scream and yell at you and tell you how their welfare is completely different.
My congressmen (I know him personally) says that, unlike 'welfare queens' (not his term) he deserves it because he's a successful businessman contributing to the community, and he has so many tractors and combines that the gov't fuel tax is killing him. Yeah, if you gave me $300k a year, I'd be a successful businessman, too.
As far as the water problem, even with the current drought, there'd be plenty of water if they used modern irrigation. However, most of them are still using 7,000 year old flood techniques to irrigate when they could follow the example of the South San Joaquin Irrigation District and modernize. And by modernize, it really means replacing flooding with directed water use which both increases yields (about 30%) and decreases use (about 30%).
The recent water resource proposition (which I found fatally flawed) addressed cachement, distribution networks, irrigation methods and table water management. They ran the numbers and there still wasn't enough to go around. Reducing use is a hot potato, politically.
Meanwhile in San Diego my 85-year-old mother-in-law gets a ticket for watering her lawn and forgetting to turn it off soon enough (you're supposed to water for just 10 minutes) to prevent run-off.
If we're going to get serious about water resources, we need to ask ourselves why there even are lawns in San Diego.

James Caruthers

I have more delicious gifts for you all, btw.

I'll have to post them when I have time later.

Parsehole, keep your eye on this space in about nine hours.

James Caruthers

In the mean time, hat tip to Mykeru for this link.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Debaser, use a citrus toner.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Kitty tongues are a great exfoliant.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:
Git wrote:Peezus's religion is SJW Progressiveism. Its that simple. And it always has been.
There was not a shred of SJW during the early, contributing days of The Pandas Thumb.
This SJWish shit, especially the rampant and ever-changing claims about his being a feminist, is relatively new.
Panda's Thumb are all Gould groupies, and Gould opposed things like sociobiology on purely SJ grounds. With NOMA, Gould also limited the scope of Science, conceding 'other ways of knowing'. Peez has expressed similar sentiments for some time (of recent note, his 2013? 'Why Science is Bad' talk that Skep tickle attended.)

But his conversion to full radfem/PopMo/SJWism -- and its corrosive effect on his science views -- seems to coincide with his getting involved with The Skank.

The ad-click revenue generated by unhinged feminists & SJWs at FTB surely has driven PZ slide to extremism. I had a friend with a political blog who was trying to ramp it up to a full-time business. By chance, he attracted a bunch of radfems, and the hits soared whenever he posted the type of shit they ate up. But they were a perfidious audience, so he found himself self-censoring, and even asking via backchannel for some of us regular commenters and guest posters to please not offend the "Angry Bees".

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

debaser71 wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

EVERYONE!

I'll just get right to it.

CHECK YOUR DRY SKIN PRIVILEGE!

(and I'm mainly just kidding around...but I am curious if other people notice how advertising and stuff push the idea of skin moisturizer for dry skin...."oh you poor dear, you have dry skin...here's 10,000 products for you to chose from"...."you have oily skin? Fuck you you dirty fucker, learn to bathe correctly and stop eating terrible food!")
Alot of people (most? (certainly not EVERYONE)) have dry skin because they shower every fucking day with soap that strips your natural oils away. This is not rocket surgery, folks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

JesperBothPedersen wrote:You idiots are a bunch of impotent pussies.

All talk, no game.
You've been posting quite a bit here, Jes. Shouldn't you finish your homework first?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Looks like Nugent deleted one of my posts. WTF?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Jesper is currently trolling The Friendly Atheist by rudely swearing at people.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Looks like Nugent deleted one of my posts. WTF?
You need to be respectful, like Jesper, you shitlord.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
JesperBothPedersen wrote:You idiots are a bunch of impotent pussies.

All talk, no game.
You've been posting quite a bit here, Jes. Shouldn't you finish your homework first?

I love your post. You are always like 3 hours behind.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

If you men and women can't use your real names, then you are useless.

In fact, it's too late.

You had your chance.
http://i.imgur.com/bw7o3jc.png

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

James Caruthers wrote:

In the mean time, hat tip to Mykeru for this link.
Very interesting read (the thesis, not the reddit). Equity feminists are doomed to a bad press, essentially because of the sexism of others.

dogen

Post by dogen »

NoGodsEver wrote: Alot of people (most? (certainly not EVERYONE)) have dry skin because they shower every fucking day with soap that strips your natural oils away. This is not rocket surgery, folks.
OK, Einstein -- how do I stop my skin drying out if I swim in a chlorinated pool every day?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

NoGodsEver wrote:
Alot of people (most? (certainly not EVERYONE)) have dry skin because they shower every fucking day with soap that strips your natural oils away. This is not rocket surgery, folks.
I go shopping and I have a hard time even finding soap that isn't advertised to be moisturizing. Never mind finding soap that actually strips my natural oils away. I remember as a kid there was square white bar soap. Ahhhh that actually worked. Now there are 50 million squeeze or nozzled moistening "shower gel" or "body wash" or whatever other stupid advertising buzz words they use . I find exactly zero unscented standard white bar soap. I hate you dry skin people! Plastic wasters!

I'm oppressed! They're privileged!

And don't get me started on chapped lips! If I have one area on my body that is "dry", it's my lips. Are people are going to start telling me that I don't really need blistex, that if I just allowed my lips to produce it's natural moister everything would be fine. Fuck you, non chappy lipped people! Check your privilege! And curse my area's dry cold winters!

And obviously I'm being goofy. I'm a bit bored. My usual day was interfered with...not in a bad way or anything though. Ever heard of a TV show, Blacklist? They need to put up better signs.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

dogen wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote: Alot of people (most? (certainly not EVERYONE)) have dry skin because they shower every fucking day with soap that strips your natural oils away. This is not rocket surgery, folks.
OK, Einstein -- how do I stop my skin drying out if I swim in a chlorinated pool every day?
What you have a pool and don't have a coconut oil shower? What fucking kind of hick are you?

Caught Up

Post by Caught Up »

I've got to ask this. Was I seeing things, the other night? It involves Aneris Avatar. I'm sure I saw something, but since then I have stared and watched but I haven't seen this thing again. Did I imagine it, or is Miss Scodelario intermittently animated? I have to know.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Glycerin soap will not dry out the skin. Also, goat milk soap.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Caught Up wrote:I've got to ask this. Was I seeing things, the other night? It involves Aneris Avatar. I'm sure I saw something, but since then I have stared and watched but I haven't seen this thing again. Did I imagine it, or is Miss Scodelario intermittently animated? I have to know.
? What are you on about?

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

dogen wrote:
I'll help you out a little. Read my post again. Look in particular for a phrase that has ALL CAPS in it. Come on, you can figure this out, I have tons of faith in you!

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Caught Up wrote:I've got to ask this. Was I seeing things, the other night? It involves Aneris Avatar. I'm sure I saw something, but since then I have stared and watched but I haven't seen this thing again. Did I imagine it, or is Miss Scodelario intermittently animated? I have to know.
Yes, she sucks a fake dick once in a while.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:Glycerin soap will not dry out the skin. Also, goat milk soap.
I want to make homemade rabbit milk soap and sell it for like 34.17 a bar. I just need to find out if rabbits product milk.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

NoGodsEver wrote:
dogen wrote:
I'll help you out a little. Read my post again. Look in particular for a phrase that has ALL CAPS in it. Come on, you can figure this out, I have tons of faith in you!

All caps area tool of teh patriarchy, in fact, I bet a misogynist invented capital letters.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:Glycerin soap will not dry out the skin. Also, goat milk soap.
I want to make homemade rabbit milk soap and sell it for like 34.17 a bar. I just need to find out if rabbits product milk.
I know someone who is looking for a business partner.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BM ... @._V1_.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

comhcinc wrote:

Use your natural moob oils.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

This, though I'm pretty much all northern and western European in heritage. Like most of the men in my family, I have a relatively high testosterone load and have all the ups and downs because of it. The downs, besides starting to go bald as a teenager, also included having a terrible struggle with acne and still, at 53, get more than my share of pimples though at least they're rare now compared to my late 20s and early 30s. It means if I go out at night, I have to shave again. It means I frequently over-load my deodorant. It means my face, back, hair and few other places are grease pits by the next day, even in my 50s, even if I'm being sedentary.

I'd love to be able to not have to wash my hair every day. I'd love to be able to 'just wash the bits' every day. I'd love to not have nasty stubble by 5PM. I'd love to not suddenly crush my deodorant for no apparent reason and smell like I haven't washed in a week.

But, mostly, what I'd love is fucking idiots to stop pretending their one-size-fits-all solution is 'the one true way.' Humans are just too diverse for that to work.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

dogen wrote:
While doing a Google image search for 'poop dick' (which is itself quite enlightening), I happened across this:
[...]
It reminded me of the way the FTB bloggers get their stories from each other.
http://i.imgur.com/gHBVhg7.png

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: If we're going to get serious about water resources, we need to ask ourselves why there even are lawns in San Diego.
She's 85 (or, thinking about it, maybe 88 now... I think I lost track) and that was her dream of The American Way. A house in the suburbs, the lawn, the flower border, the nice furniture, happily married, the husband has a nice factory job after he got out of the war (WWII), kids finishing HS, even college perhaps, a car...

No one is going to change her at this point though we've tried to get her to xeriscape by pointing out how easy it'd make yard maintenance.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

How many legs does that rhino have?

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

comhcinc wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/68SlmXb.jpg

Southern

Post by Southern »

[spoiler]
Her avatar is an animated gif with lots of identical frames, and only one quickly blinks.
[/spoiler]

JesperBothPedersen

Post by JesperBothPedersen »

Nuclear war.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Ophie posts a picture of a graph, a graph from which the world ... well, a small part of it, would be a better place if only she and her rabid ilk would follow: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... w-to-deal/

Or something like that.

In other news: Is it safe to come out yet? Has Jesper Bob Pinochle left the building? :pray:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

HAHAHAHA. I really should double check before I hit submit. HAHAHAHA.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tribble wrote:

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

This, though I'm pretty much all northern and western European in heritage. Like most of the men in my family, I have a relatively high testosterone load and have all the ups and downs because of it. The downs, besides starting to go bald as a teenager, also included having a terrible struggle with acne and still, at 53, get more than my share of pimples though at least they're rare now compared to my late 20s and early 30s. It means if I go out at night, I have to shave again. It means I frequently over-load my deodorant. It means my face, back, hair and few other places are grease pits by the next day, even in my 50s, even if I'm being sedentary.

I'd love to be able to not have to wash my hair every day. I'd love to be able to 'just wash the bits' every day. I'd love to not have nasty stubble by 5PM. I'd love to not suddenly crush my deodorant for no apparent reason and smell like I haven't washed in a week.

But, mostly, what I'd love is fucking idiots to stop pretending their one-size-fits-all solution is 'the one true way.' Humans are just too diverse for that to work.
You dirty European fuckers. I have Native South-American blood*, so I just can't imagine myself trying to sleep without a shower first. In fact, in the summer, I take three baths a day: in the morning to wake up and wash the sweat from the night, earlier night after I get home from work, and a quick shower before sleeping to combat insomnia. It works, bitches.

*1ml/liter of European blood, give or take.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

windy wrote:
moomin-troll.jpg
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Thanks!

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Are we posting our favorite ways for the world to end? I pick Ebola!

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

dogen wrote:
Don't swim in a chlorinated pool every day?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tribble wrote:Meanwhile in San Diego my 85-year-old mother-in-law gets a ticket for watering her lawn and forgetting to turn it off soon enough (you're supposed to water for just 10 minutes) to prevent run-off.
If we're going to get serious about water resources, we need to ask ourselves why there even are lawns in San Diego.
You're still not thinking far enough out of the box. We need to be asking why there are 85 year-olds.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... eclock.jpg

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Southern wrote:
Tribble wrote:

EVERYONE! EVERYWHERE!

You dirty European fuckers. I have Native South-American blood*, so I just can't imagine myself trying to sleep without a shower first. In fact, in the summer, I take three baths a day: in the morning to wake up and wash the sweat from the night, earlier night after I get home from work, and a quick shower before sleeping to combat insomnia. It works, bitches.

*1ml/liter of European blood, give or take.
You poor, poor, dry, non-oily, bone-dry, son of a bitch.

JesperBothPedersen

Post by JesperBothPedersen »

I pick cancer.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Hydrogen Sulfide poisoning

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I pick suffocation by moobs.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Isn't guest posting when you have an account frowned upon? It would seem somebody wants to get banned, likely so they can count coup with the baboons.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

dogen wrote:

CaptainFluffyBunny

End of the world...I pick apathy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Random Lurker wrote:
dogen wrote:
100-natrual-latex-full-body-catsuit-attached-mask-gloves-feet-and-condom.jpg
That thing has like a thousand uses.