Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Hey motherfuckers! Did you know this about atheists?
Re: Je Suis Charlie? You've now helped insult Prophet Mohammed (saw) again

Quote Originally Posted by TBYS View Post
Are you telling me you need religion to tell you that its wrong to sleep with your own mother?
Yes you do. Atheists do not deem incest with protection as wrong because at the end of the day, morals are subjective.

People need limits set on them otherwise everyone will have their own meaning of morality and before you know it, it's havoc everywhere.

Thank God for the quran the bible and the ten commandments.

I think that one was sarcastic.
Unfortunately not. Trigger warning- the following thread may cause islamophobia:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... w%29-again

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:My 2¢ --

If a substance is chemically addictive, it should be regulated by the gov't.
regulated sure... like alcohol, tobacco...

criminalized? not so sure.

Addiction is bad. Drug laws are not helping in this country.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:
another lurker wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/01 ... sex-study/

Our statisticians can rip this study apart, but apparently 1 in 3 college age men would rape if they could get away with it.
From the study:
The survey concluded with part of the attraction to sexual aggression scale (Malamuth 1989a,b). This scale measures self-reported likelihood to engage in a variety of sexual behaviors "if nobody would ever know and there wouldn’t be any consequences" for the participants. The behaviors that were included were heterosexual intercourse, forcing a female to do something sexual she does not want to, and rape. We chose to use a hypothetical scale like this because we believed that it would lead to less social desirability bias in this research, as well as lessen any concerns participants might have about divulging information about past crimes. In addition, for the purpose of this study, the key points of having labels (rape) versus behavioral descriptions of sexual aggression is completely addressed with this scale.
Here, the behaviors asked about include "forcing a female to do something sexual she does not want to," whereas their Table 1 gives "Intentions to force a woman to sexual intercourse." Neither is in quotation marks—is either of them an exact question they asked?

Since the authors don't make this clear at all, I looked up Malamuth's sexual aggression scale to find out: https://books.google.com/books?id=EFPs55zfAKcC&pg=PA54
6. If you were sure that no one would ever find out and that you wouldn't be punished for it, how likely would you be to do the following?

b. Heterosexual intercourse
i. Raping a female
j. Forcing a female to do something sexual she didn't want to do
Now, here is the million-dollar question: how do the authors go from a likelihood question about "forcing a female to do something sexual she didn't want to do" to a yes/no table row for "intentions to force a woman to sexual intercourse"? Seriously, read the study and tell me if you can figure out how they did that.

As an aside, the passage that the authors put in quotation marks ("if nobody would ever know and there wouldn’t be any consequences") doesn't appear in the Malamuth survey, and a Google search for it only turns up results for this new study. Did they silently change the wording of the survey they say used? There's little semantic difference, of course, but it's one more thing they didn't disclose that they should have.
I read somewhere that all the questions posed to the participants had possible answers on a 5 point scale: 1 for completely disagree up to 5, completely agree. Apparently all answer that weren't 1, completely disagree, were summed up into one final answer of agreeing with the proposal.
In other words anyone who answered that there was the slightest hypothetical chance that they would force someone to do something sexual that they didnt want, if nobody found out about it, were conflated with those who said they would 100% do it.

You read that "somewhere," eh? Not in the study, though. I wonder why they left that crucial detail out...

But yes, the original Malamuth scale used a 1-to-5 scale for that section, so that makes sense: http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... 000000.pdf (pp. 36–37)

The one I linked to earlier was the revised Malamuth survey, which is what I assumed they'd used since the original scale asks about "forcing a female to do something she didn't want to" (not specifically "something sexual").

dogen

Post by dogen »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:

Our statisticians can rip this study apart, but apparently 1 in 3 college age men would rape if they could get away with it.
From the study:
The survey concluded with part of the attraction to sexual aggression scale (Malamuth 1989a,b). This scale measures self-reported likelihood to engage in a variety of sexual behaviors "if nobody would ever know and there wouldn’t be any consequences" for the participants. The behaviors that were included were heterosexual intercourse, forcing a female to do something sexual she does not want to, and rape. We chose to use a hypothetical scale like this because we believed that it would lead to less social desirability bias in this research, as well as lessen any concerns participants might have about divulging information about past crimes. In addition, for the purpose of this study, the key points of having labels (rape) versus behavioral descriptions of sexual aggression is completely addressed with this scale.
Here, the behaviors asked about include "forcing a female to do something sexual she does not want to," whereas their Table 1 gives "Intentions to force a woman to sexual intercourse." Neither is in quotation marks—is either of them an exact question they asked?

Since the authors don't make this clear at all, I looked up Malamuth's sexual aggression scale to find out: https://books.google.com/books?id=EFPs55zfAKcC&pg=PA54
6. If you were sure that no one would ever find out and that you wouldn't be punished for it, how likely would you be to do the following?

i. Raping a female
Now, here is the million-dollar question: how do the authors go from a likelihood question about "forcing a female to do something sexual she didn't want to do" to a yes/no table row for "intentions to force a woman to sexual intercourse"? Seriously, read the study and tell me if you can figure out how they did that.

As an aside, the passage that the authors put in quotation marks ("if nobody would ever know and there wouldn’t be any consequences") doesn't appear in the Malamuth survey, and a Google search for it only turns up results for this new study. Did they silently change the wording of the survey they say used? There's little semantic difference, of course, but it's one more thing they didn't disclose that they should have.
Looking at QQ 13 and 14 of Malamuth's table 1:
If you could be assured that no one would know and that you could in no way be punished for engaging in the following acts, how likely, if at all, would you be to commit such acts?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Parody Accountant wrote:

Are you aware of how many substances are addictive to humans (as defined by withdrawal symptoms, as usual)? Regulate them all?

Guestus Aurelius

dogen wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:

From the study:

i. Raping a female

Looking at QQ 13 and 14 of Malamuth's table 1:
If you could be assured that no one would know and that you could in no way be punished for engaging in the following acts, how likely, if at all, would you be to commit such acts?
Exactly. (Read what I wrote once more.)

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Brive1987 wrote:Re Rebecca Watson and the public interest story of her doxxing.
Weird how blasé she is given her family have been drawn into her self initiated doxxing mess.

I did post the link but for those who missed it the embed is below.

Btw I can't believe she is still failing to honour her Patreon promise to do hangouts on a monthly basis.

[youtube]rRAaJCMepV4[/youtube]
A new podcast. Wow. 'Awesome!'

I built an anti-HIV antibody last week.

But that's so 'awesome' Rebecca will have a new podcast, though. 'Awesome.'

Jesus Christ, I can't even imagine having a life so dull that you are genuinely excited about quitting podcasting so you can start... Podcasting. Podcasting.

Also, I have no idea how any of you could watch that vid and ever want to touch drugs or alcohol again.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

comhcinc wrote:I wanted to leave you with this though cause it might blow your mind. I bolded it but you said:
it's theoretically possible to grow your own, thus avoiding any participation in the illegal marketplace
You might need to talk to poor Farmer Filburn.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... -blown.gif

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Good times...the first AGM of the Slympit Executive Committee.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I wanted to leave you with this though cause it might blow your mind. I bolded it but you said:
it's theoretically possible to grow your own, thus avoiding any participation in the illegal marketplace
You might need to talk to poor Farmer Filburn.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... -blown.gif
Told you.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Is that the singularity I keep hearing I must expect to arrive in a moment or two? I rather hope so, as this discussion about drugs is about as interesting as the one about Zimmerman. I've been reduced to taking selfies with a large format camera and sheet film today, and you can't begin to imagine how bored you have to be to make that seem like a worthwhile endeavour.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Also do you know what happened to the underground bootleg alcohol trade after prohibition was ended?

Is there a huge underground booze market now?

Your argument about underground drug markets having victims is a very good reason why drug laws need to be repealed. Fuck the cartels.
Is anyone arguing against repealing the pot laws? I am arguing that until that happens if you are smoking pot illegally you are part of the problem. Which I am really not even. My original point was that if you fake illness to get drugs to get high you are shifty in my book.
In the case of Watson, how are you certain she's faking illness to get medical marijuana? Seems to be a leap on your part. Not to join the appearance-shaming discussion, but she does not look well. I haven't watched the video yet, but in the picture place holder she looks haggard, perhaps ill.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Skep tickle wrote:Sorry to hear RW's family was doxxed (going by Brive's report of her latest Patreon video). IMO quite a shitty thing for anyone to do. They really don't deserve to be brought in to this, and that seems like quite a violation of privacy.

Of course, whoever did it presumably convinced themselves that it was justified. That's a drawback of each doxxer deciding where "the line" is...
Whoever did that to Rebecca is a dirty dirty doxxer.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:

Are you aware of how many substances are addictive to humans (as defined by withdrawal symptoms, as usual)? Regulate them all?
Just what I need, my coffee strictly regulated.

dogen

Post by dogen »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Good times...the first VAGM of the Slympit Executive Committee.
FTFY. HTH, K, BAI

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Sorry to hear RW's family was doxxed (going by Brive's report of her latest Patreon video). IMO quite a shitty thing for anyone to do. They really don't deserve to be brought in to this, and that seems like quite a violation of privacy.

Of course, whoever did it presumably convinced themselves that it was justified. That's a drawback of each doxxer deciding where "the line" is...
I loath doxxing and anyone that approves of it or does it. It appeals to the basest human emotion with no interest in victims or natural justice. I hope no one, including RW or her family, suffers any harm from this and that she has reported it to the authorities and action is taken where appropriate.
Can you imagine he inteview with the police.

"So Rebbecca, do you have any idea why someone would do this to you?"
:bjarte:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

ERV wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Re Rebecca Watson and the public interest story of her doxxing.
Weird how blasé she is given her family have been drawn into her self initiated doxxing mess.

I did post the link but for those who missed it the embed is below.

Btw I can't believe she is still failing to honour her Patreon promise to do hangouts on a monthly basis.

[youtube]rRAaJCMepV4[/youtube]
A new podcast. Wow. 'Awesome!'

I built an anti-HIV antibody last week.

But that's so 'awesome' Rebecca will have a new podcast, though. 'Awesome.'

Jesus Christ, I can't even imagine having a life so dull that you are genuinely excited about quitting podcasting so you can start... Podcasting. Podcasting.

Also, I have no idea how any of you could watch that vid and ever want to touch drugs or alcohol again.
I can't imagine anything as dull as the podcast I suspect she'll come up with.

"Hi my name is Rebecca Watson, and I like drinking beer, and if you don't fund my patreon you are worse than rape threats, this funny thing happened to me the other day..."

Chloroform, the podcast.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

deLurch wrote:

Whoever did that to Rebecca is a dirty dirty doxxer.
Maybe "filthy doxer" is the phrase?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: In the case of Watson, how are you certain she's faking illness to get medical marijuana? Seems to be a leap on your part. Not to join the appearance-shaming discussion, but she does not look well. I haven't watched the video yet, but in the picture place holder she looks haggard, perhaps ill.
It's not just her. It's the doctor too. The whole point of medical pot as I understood it, was mostly to help cancer patients with pain and appetite and other people with chronic illnesses. I get the feeling if she was having real issues we would have heard about it along with a link to support her patreon.

tina

Post by tina »

CH.jpeg
(30.99 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
If you turn Charlie's cover page upside down you can see immediately what a right prick Mo was [Peez be upon him].

Don't know if they intended that or not.

:cdc:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

NoGodsEver wrote:Also, they were all farmboys going to school in Buttfuck, North Dakota. Ask the same question in Berkeley and see if the numbers change. I'd also be curious what the numbers would be if you asked about, for instance, murder instead of rape. Probably not quite as high, but I bet you'd get a surprising number who would answer in the affirmative to that as well. But the key point is 'if they could get away with it'. Watch this data spun to say that a third of men on every campus everywhere are rapists. Minimum.
So they are doing the survey for extra credit on their grades. But they may not be happy about it. I could see young adults essentially taking a piss on surveys like that, especially if they viewed it as insulting or targeted.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: In the case of Watson, how are you certain she's faking illness to get medical marijuana? Seems to be a leap on your part. Not to join the appearance-shaming discussion, but she does not look well. I haven't watched the video yet, but in the picture place holder she looks haggard, perhaps ill.
It's not just her. It's the doctor too. The whole point of medical pot as I understood it, was mostly to help cancer patients with pain and appetite and other people with chronic illnesses. I get the feeling if she was having real issues we would have heard about it along with a link to support her patreon.
I'm up in Canada with state health care and I am really starting to get sick of supporting potheads. Name an illness and I guarantee you some asshole up here is claiming pot helps him with it and he therefore deserves free dope. My brother is on disability and lives in a rent-subsidized apartment. He sees people who are always stoned and begging for food because they've spent all their money on dope. He figures their only disability is - they are always stoned. If you want to smoke it, buy it with your own money and if you can't hold a job as a result, go crawl in a hole and die as far as I am concerned. Just don't ask for money out of my pocket, not after what I have to go through to earn it.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Trainwreck that is her lower teeth?
Prescriptivist pedants would agree that this is correct, since "train wreck" is the subject and "her lower teeth" is the predicate. But fuck ’em;are sounds much more natural.
No, they don't.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

comhcinc wrote:
Plot twist: Rebecca's behavior the past 5 years has been the result of an inoperable brain tumor.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Totally unrelated.

So I was talking the other day about my wife's upcoming surgery. Because it isn't covered by our health plan we are paying for everything out of pocket. I think we are going to have the money to make the trip, barely.

So my question to the pit is should I do some ebegging? Set up a gofundme and ask for donations to cover some of the travel cost?

Sell nude pictures of myself?

Honest nasty opinions appreciated.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

ERV wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Plot twist: Rebecca's behavior the past 5 years has been the result of an inoperable brain tumor.
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan - She sees Misogyny - Everywhere.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ERV wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
[youtube]Tnx3--CBUlQ[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ERV wrote: I built an anti-HIV antibody last week.
Broadly neutralizing?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

NOte we should be careful before they dox Based Zebra again for our medical talk about Watson.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

ERV wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
In the case of Watson, how are you certain she's faking illness to get medical marijuana? Seems to be a leap on your part. Not to join the appearance-shaming discussion, but she does not look well. I haven't watched the video yet, but in the picture place holder she looks haggard, perhaps ill.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan - She sees Misogyny - Everywhere.
After The Happening, it ain't happening.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Aneris wrote: I was part of the movement that had them (Environmentalism against nuclear waste in North Germany)
Ach so, your movement wanted to send all the nuclear waste to South Germany?! Blöder Preußer!
[/Bayer]
Frisian. Or original saxon perhaps, Preussian? Never. Oh, and I also still support Greenpeace — block me! :D Yeah, the action at the Nazca lines was idiotic. They'd better work with the Yes Men!

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

ERV wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Is that an official medical diagnosis?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Here is an analogy for the "It's wrong what the terrorists did but CharlieHebdo should have known they were asking for it" Islamicist appeasers.

Fundie Christians are passionately anti-abortion. Therefore, an abortion clinic is to them what a drawing of Mohammed as a dog is to Muslims. Therefore, for all abortion providing doctors who have been shot, for all abortion clinic bombings, "It's wrong what they did, but the clinics and doctors should have known they were asking for it."

Using their logic, do you think maybe that would be a banhammer offence at FTB?

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Watson is mentioned in a recent article by Arthur Chu, 'The plight of the bitter nerd: Why so many awkward, shy guys end up hating feminism'. After discussing 'Gamergate' he writes:
It’s similar to an earlier instance when “nerd persecution” was cried, when Rebecca Watson talked publicly about being made to feel uncomfortable in an elevator at a conference for atheist thinkers by a guy hitting on her at 4:00 a.m.

Watson didn’t name the guy, didn’t share the guy’s social media handle, didn’t show a photo of the guy. The guy remains anonymous to this day. She wasn’t even particularly mean to him — her “Guys, don’t do that” is exactly the kind of blunt, well-intentioned advice guys like Scott say they want.

But people acted like Watson, by speaking up about something a guy did to make her feel uncomfortable, had viciously attacked the guy — and, by extension, viciously attacked all shy, awkward guys — and therefore felt justified in viciously attacking her in return.
Nice of him to equate "atheist" with "nerd"... :roll:

http://www.salon.com/2015/01/10/the_pli ... _feminism/

(sorry if this was mentioned by anyone else previously)

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

ERV wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Is that an official medical diagnosis?

It is at FTB and Skepchicks.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

comhcinc wrote:Totally unrelated.

So I was talking the other day about my wife's upcoming surgery. Because it isn't covered by our health plan we are paying for everything out of pocket. I think we are going to have the money to make the trip, barely.

So my question to the pit is should I do some ebegging? Set up a gofundme and ask for donations to cover some of the travel cost?

No idea what your situation is, but hospitals can cut the 'price' of a procedure substantially if you are paying out-of-pocket. Have you spoken with the hospital financial people?

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Broadly neutralizing?
Even better! Broadly neutralizing antibodies are rare and weird. Can't do much with them unless we are gonna do gene therapy. I'm looking for the kinda-broad-ish neutralizing Abs in Average Joes/Janes that might be inducible via vaccine.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ERV wrote:

No idea what your situation is, but hospitals can cut the 'price' of a procedure substantially if you are paying out-of-pocket. Have you spoken with the hospital financial people?
Probably not if they're considering the surgery "cosmetic" though...
ERV wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Broadly neutralizing?
Even better! Broadly neutralizing antibodies are rare and weird. Can't do much with them unless we are gonna do gene therapy. I'm looking for the kinda-broad-ish neutralizing Abs in Average Joes/Janes that might be inducible via vaccine.
:clap:

Guestus Aurelius

Arthur Chu is... not my favorite internet personality.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

In that latest "Patreon-only" video:

- RW says the theater is small, maybe 140 seats.

Maybe not even that big: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Steve_Allen_Theater could be wrong but says 99 seats - also, that it's CFI's theater, confirmed here: http://www.steveallentheater.com/

- Is it my imagination, or does her voice sound kind of shaky?

- The date of the Quiz-o-tron is Fri Feb 13th. Wasn't there something else going on related to CFI in Southern California that weekend? Another guest speaker? :think:

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Ok this is too good.
Despite him not reading the link that he is blocking people for sending him. http://www.understandingcharliehebdo.com

Causing him to make more asinine tweets like this out of pure ignorance. and and

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Skep tickle wrote:
ERV wrote:

Yeah we are having to go to Mexico to afford it. (Good hospital, america trained doctors, no donkey shows) and the out of pocket thing is what they do. So far I think we are going to be able to afford it but there are some variables we are looking at such is it going to cost us $1000 for a pain pump.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
ERV wrote: No idea what your situation is, but hospitals can cut the 'price' of a procedure substantially if you are paying out-of-pocket. Have you spoken with the hospital financial people?
Yeah we are having to go to Mexico to afford it. (Good hospital, america trained doctors, no donkey shows) and the out of pocket thing is what they do. So far I think we are going to be able to afford it but there are some variables we are looking at such is it going to cost us $1000 for a pain pump.
What if you DO want the donkey show during the operation? Is that extra?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ERV wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Broadly neutralizing?
Very good. I agree with that kind of approach. A single 'perfect' broadly neutralizing monoclonal is never going to be achievable through vaccination in the general population.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Also do you know what happened to the underground bootleg alcohol trade after prohibition was ended?

Is there a huge underground booze market now?

Your argument about underground drug markets having victims is a very good reason why drug laws need to be repealed. Fuck the cartels.
Is anyone arguing against repealing the pot laws? I am arguing that until that happens if you are smoking pot illegally you are part of the problem. Which I am really not even. My original point was that if you fake illness to get drugs to get high you are shifty in my book.
Isn't she a vegetarian? I've found that vegetarians can get away with a bad diet like meat eaters can. I've seen a lot of vegetarians that look tired and haggard because they live on pizzas and beer.

free thoughtpolice

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I'm up in Canada with state health care and I am really starting to get sick of supporting potheads. Name an illness and I guarantee you some asshole up here is claiming pot helps him with it and he therefore deserves free dope. My brother is on disability and lives in a rent-subsidized apartment. He sees people who are always stoned and begging for food because they've spent all their money on dope. He figures their only disability is - they are always stoned. If you want to smoke it, buy it with your own money and if you can't hold a job as a result, go crawl in a hole and die as far as I am concerned. Just don't ask for money out of my pocket, not after what I have to go through to earn it.
I'm a capitalist pothead up in Canada that has worked all my life, never had welfare or rent subsidies and am sick and fed up with seeing my tax money going to any group of parasites you can name. Among a myriad of evils in society you are deluded to think that pot is really up there.
My S.O. worked in mental health/ social work for a long time. Yes criminal and lazy, antisocial are a problem, as well as drug abuse issues. Pot is a minor player in these issues-alcohol and hard drugs are by far worst offenders.
Another thing- a significant percentage of people in our society and a good chunk of people that get subsidised housing are people with very real organic mental issues such as schizophrenia and also brain damaged people. Many of them may appear fairly normal, often because their symptoms are fairly well controlled with medication although they do not function well enough to be able to hold down work.
People often look at them because they are not visibly disabled and make the assumption that what is wrong with them is they are just lazy and say "they should go crawl in a hole and die".

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

comhcinc wrote:NOte we should be careful before they dox Based Zebra again for our medical talk about Watson.
:text-yeahthat: :handgestures-thumbdown: :violence-stickwhack: :confusion-seeingstars: :obscene-tolietclaw: :angry-extinguishflame:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote: What if you DO want the donkey show during the operation? Is that extra?
I in fact do want a donkey show. Going all the way to Tijuana and not getting to see a donkey show. My wife has nixed any donkey show/strip clubs.

Git

Post by Git »

tina wrote:
CH.jpeg
If you turn Charlie's cover page upside down you can see immediately what a right prick Mo was [Peez be upon him].

Don't know if they intended that or not.

:cdc:
How do you know Mohammed was French?

Because he has a Balzac on his head!

*rimshot* I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Hey motherfuckers! Did you know this about atheists?
Re: Je Suis Charlie? You've now helped insult Prophet Mohammed (saw) again

Quote Originally Posted by TBYS View Post
Are you telling me you need religion to tell you that its wrong to sleep with your own mother?
Yes you do. Atheists do not deem incest with protection as wrong because at the end of the day, morals are subjective.

People need limits set on them otherwise everyone will have their own meaning of morality and before you know it, it's havoc everywhere.

Thank God for the quran the bible and the ten commandments.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think that one was sarcastic.
free thoughtpolice wrote:Unfortunately not. Trigger warning- the following thread may cause islamophobia:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... w%29-again
The Abrahamic texts as anti-incest. That's a laugh.

tina

Post by tina »

I'm sure there were films....

Dirty Doxing

Doxing With Wolves

Flashdox

:whistle:

tina

Post by tina »

Dear Guests

You know there's a huge prize for the 1,000th member, right?

:dance:

free thoughtpolice

Skeptickle wrote:
IIRC there was the part where Lot's daughter's had to get him drunk before they raped him but that was only excused because they thought they were saving mankind from extinction. :?:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Skeptickle wrote:
IIRC there was the part where Lot's daughter's had to get him drunk before they raped him but that was only excused because they thought they were saving mankind from extinction. :?:
Oh, there's more:
http://listverse.com/2008/05/26/top-6-i ... the-bible/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible including "One of the most notable features of all the lists (of prohibitions) is that sexual activity between a man and his own daughter is not explicitly forbidden."

Qu'ran similarly reported but I can't vouch for the info at the sites that make that claim, have never read the Q.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Steersman wrote:Relative to my recent banning at Pharyngula ["what? again?"] - under the username "OaringAbout" - I see that PZ mentioned that the IP I had used was the same one as a previous one. So, I'm wondering what are the pros and cons of using, for example, various proxy servers; any recommendations, caveats?
oolon highly recommends TOR (I got the impression that he had a lot of experience with it)
I tried it. It's pretty easy to set up and should allow you to evade any of Myers IP bans.

I'm not sure but I think that Rape Paden used TOR when he we doing hie regular tweaking of Big Bloggers nose.
Make it easy - download a bootable tails distro: https://tails.boum.org/
Thanks. Looks like it might be workable solution, although I wonder how easy it is for various websites to detect proxy servers. In any case I've got some more reading to do.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Steersman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:...

oolon highly recommends TOR (I got the impression that he had a lot of experience with it)
I tried it. It's pretty easy to set up and should allow you to evade any of Myers IP bans.

I'm not sure but I think that Rape Paden used TOR when he we doing hie regular tweaking of Big Bloggers nose.
Thanks. Looks like it might be workable solution, although I wonder how easy it is for various websites to detect proxy servers. In any case I've got some more reading to do.
Can I count on the two of you to kickstart my project?

+ usb rechargeable pot vape pen
+ usb rechargeable external phone battery
+ 16 gb flash drive
+ bootable tails linux distro
+ sonic sound effects

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: ....
Can I count on the two of you to kickstart my project?

+ usb rechargeable pot vape pen
+ usb rechargeable external phone battery
+ 16 gb flash drive
+ bootable tails linux distro
+ sonic sound effects
And what is that product supposed to do? I am curious as to the connection between a "pot [as in marijuana?] vape pen" and a "bootable tails linux distro".

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

comhcinc wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
ERV wrote: No idea what your situation is, but hospitals can cut the 'price' of a procedure substantially if you are paying out-of-pocket. Have you spoken with the hospital financial people?
No donkey shows? you might want to reconsider... For a fistful of pesos more you can get donkey show. If you're in for some real freaky shit, you can watch a bat fucking a shark... real kinky shit.

Aneris

YouTube: CoolHardLogic, TheraminTrees, Baud2Bits

Post by Aneris »

New stuff from great YouTubers.

CoolHardLogic took another pick at the popular “Spirit Science”. This Wooiest of the Woo New Age channels has amazing 400,000+ subscribers, so it's probably a good idea to tackle this dangerous nonsense. CoolHardLogic once again emulates the style of “Spirit Science” while debunking it and perhaps the presentation lures a few woo believers into watching it.

CoolHardLogic: Spirit “Science” tests more Spirit “Science”
[youtube]vjYwDlOx2Cw[/youtube]

Not sure if I posted it already, in this video TheraminTrees (who's back from a longer hiatus) examines how religion employs storytelling to influence believers. Be sure to check these out, for they are very well made and deserve every thumb up.

TheraminTrees: Telling Stories
[youtube]NfyoDgszas0[/youtube]

And here is Baud2Bits with a completely different style. He usually reads out essays that are more scholary in tone, well thought out, illustrated with some vintage images he cobbled together. This one is about the meaning of “Believing” and “Belief”, how emotions might play into believing and into appreciating evidence. And eventually the actual topic, believing in Jesus.

Baud2Bits: What Does It Take To Believe In Jesus Christ?
[youtube]2zPTzh5VucQ[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Aneris wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Aneris wrote: I was part of the movement that had them (Environmentalism against nuclear waste in North Germany)
Ach so, your movement wanted to send all the nuclear waste to South Germany?! Blöder Preußer!
[/Bayer]
Frisian. Or original saxon perhaps, Preussian? Never. Oh, and I also still support Greenpeace — block me! :D Yeah, the action at the Nazca lines was idiotic. They'd better work with the Yes Men!
Ihr dreck'ge Hünde von Norden sei' alle "Preußen"!
[/Bayer]