Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
ROBOKiTTY

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Jan Steen wrote:Is it a false impression of mine, or is the verb "to grok" really only used by Social Justice Warriors? Is it one of their shibboleths?
Pretty sure it's a nerd/geek thing, but nerdy/geeky has recently become trendy and hip, and so has their language.

Nerds and geeks, not so much.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

:ninja:

:doh:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I highly doubt SJWs and Heinlein fans overlap significantly so I can only assume they just heard the term somewhere and have no idea where it comes from.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:make him stop.
No. I want more.
More narcissistic fatty selfies! More mockery! Never let a day go by without a chortle at tumblr!

BTW. I didn't know size 10XL shirts were even available. That's really....um... big.
I've never seen a size above 4 or 5X and I live in America and shop at big box stores for clothes sometimes.

It does become rather soul-destroying when you realize how common those 4X shirts are, however. :? They wouldn't make so many if they didn't sell...
dog puke wrote:
You've definitely stepped over the line this time James.

Cut it out.

Alert sent.
I have such sights to show you.

http://goregirl.files.wordpress.com/201 ... izon15.jpg

I haven't even begun. A lot of the images I find are NSFW and much worse than what I posted.

http://i.imgur.com/GYLsFAQ.png

:shock:

This one removes my ability to even. Just... WTF, so now having personal sexual preferences = you're a pedo gay man.

"By choosing one person over another, for whatever reason it may be, you are INSULTING THE OPPRESSED."

Hahaha, holy shit.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Just for the record, were the Islamophobic quotes from before or after 2009 - because if they were after 2009 and he now insists he's a changed person that Humanist Award of the Year belongs to Evil Peezus, not the one who has now seen the light.
All of them after 2009: the ones I posted a couple of posts above are from 2010 and there were a couple from 2011 and even 2012.

So yes, the Humanist of the Year 2009 was kolnnauzer.
I didn't really have a problem with his quotes - they are only problematic to racist SJWs who equate Islam with 'the stuff that all people with brown skin believe' and see any outspoken criticism of that religion as some kind of white supremacist cultural attack.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I have also heard 'grok' used as a nym for our ancient, ripped, hunter gatherer lifter/paleo brocestors...

"Grok was 6ft tall. His muscles rippled. When not lifting, he was chasing game" "Grok survived on meat and intermittent fasting, which is why he was no manlet"

etc etc

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Sunder wrote:I highly doubt SJWs and Heinlein fans overlap significantly so I can only assume they just heard the term somewhere and have no idea where it comes from.
I doubt whether any of PZ's horde have the concentration to read right through Stranger in a Strange Land (never mind the full length version published after RAH's death that reveals his true intentions for the novel). Such folk have no right to the verb 'grok'.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

I seem to remember it being used in 2000AD quite a bit when I was a kid, although maybe it was 'grokk'?

Lurker, caught up.

Post by Lurker, caught up. »

lololololol "10 years from now we will be the norm"
No, 10 years from now, many of you will be dead from heart attacks and diabetes, the rest will be shut ins, washing with a miniature Vileda supermop and complaining that it isn't fair that your t shirt cost more than a size 8, and that the manufacturing cost for 5 times as much fabric to make your size should be paid by those skinny privileged bitches...because waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Thunderf00t is still a racist:
[youtube]aEir8ORIks0[/youtube]

Lurker, caught up.

Post by Lurker, caught up. »

To be clear, I have nowt against larger people, just the deluded.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Oglebart wrote:I seem to remember it being used in 2000AD quite a bit when I was a kid, although maybe it was 'grokk'?
Child. Read the book.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Oglebart wrote:I seem to remember it being used in 2000AD quite a bit when I was a kid, although maybe it was 'grokk'?
It was Drokk - one of the made up swear words in 2000AD, along with Stomm and Grud. images/smilies/icon/ugeek.gif

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I didn't really have a problem with his quotes - they are only problematic to racist SJWs who equate Islam with 'the stuff that all people with brown skin believe' and see any outspoken criticism of that religion as some kind of white supremacist cultural attack.
I have no problem with his old quotes, either. I simply find it insane that now that he has "converted" to SJW-ism he's repudiating his old quotes as if they were heresy that he has abandoned.

kolnnauzer is simply Old PZ. I don't think that the New SJW PZ still deserves the award that he received when he was a real humanist.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

screwtape wrote:Just brought my intelligent and highly-qualified spouse up to date on the Charlie Hebdo issue (she has been absorbed by a motor vehicle accident causing a head injury to one of her kids in her orphanage in Kenya). Her estimate as a psychiatrist is that only 20% of a population will get the 'meta' meaning of satire, and she evinces no surprise that most people, when confronted with a Charlie Hebdo cover, will take away only the superficial inference that they are racist, sexist, classist, elitist etc. If so, shall we be kind to the idiots who see the magazine as having those qualities and try to educate them, or shall we rub their miserable misshapen noses in the stuff they do not begin to understand?

I never thought of satire as an intelligence test, but perhaps I'm simply displaying my brain privilege.
I think you need to be familiar with the source of the satire. I mean, look at us here: there are jokes referencing jokes that reference jokes. If you don't know the background you aren't going to understand, say, the joke a while back about women as toilets. If you are new here and you see the words 'fuck you into the ground with a rusty porcupine' that's going to look like a threat if you don't know what it's sending up.

Myers problem is he's a fucking hick who thinks he doesn't need to learn about other cultures, hence his inability to recognise 'twat' means 'idiot' in the UK.

It's not so much about general intelligence (IQ) but about language skills. It's about understanding that language isn't just a formal system, it's a means of communication which depends for a large part on understanding intent. Language is a social skill. It requires a theory of mind; that's why many autistics have problems with irony.

In spoken language there are usually non-verbal cues that indicate someone is taking the piss; and again autism makes it difficult to pick up on tone or expressions that clue you into the intent of the speaker.

The Horde don't recognise intent. They're contaminated with Pomo notions about the 'death of the author'. Interpretation is about bending meaning to suit your purposes, not asking what meaning the speaker is trying to convey. Understanding intent would involve trying to imagine what's actually going on in someone's mind.

I have Aspergers so I have to work at interpretation of intent, especially in spoken conversation where I'm largely oblivious to non-verbal cues; not so much a problem in print where I'm on more of a level playing field.

I despair when people who ostensibly dont have autism treat intent as irrelevant; it's acting autistic. It's as offensive as pretending to be deaf.

Fuckin' cultural appropriation.

Shatterface

Shatterface as Guest

Grok is from Stranger in a Strange Land.
Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observed—to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and science—and it means as little to us (because of our Earthling assumptions) as color means to a blind man.
I don't think Myers understands the book any more than Charles Manson did.

Shatterface

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I think you have some very, very good points there Shatter. Glad you posted that.

Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

Don't know if this has been posted before but I found it to be amusing:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 23/e90.jpg

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Um, I mean in post 11291, not 292.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Looks like JT Eberhard may be deleting comments. (Commenter "whatever" seems to think hyr comments have been deleted.) Here's a capture of the page just for the record.

https://archive.today/xgVUw

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
It was Drokk - one of the made up swear words in 2000AD, along with Stomm and Grud. images/smilies/icon/ugeek.gif
Drokk!!, yeah that was what I was thinking of!

And it's the name of an album by Geoff Barrow from Portishead and Ben Salisbury

http://drokk.bandcamp.com/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I have no problem with his old quotes, either. I simply find it insane that now that he has "converted" to SJW-ism he's repudiating his old quotes as if they were heresy that he has abandoned.

kolnnauzer is simply Old PZ. I don't think that the New SJW PZ still deserves the award that he received when he was a real humanist.
Je Suis kolnnauzer

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Biohazard wrote:Don't know if this has been posted before but I found it to be amusing:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 23/e90.jpg
This flow chart is giving me some flashbacks (PTSD?!?) to my interactions with individuals I strongly suspect have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Shatterface as Guest

Oglebart wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:
Drokk!!, yeah that was what I was thinking of!

And it's the name of an album by Geoff Barrow from Portishead and Ben Salisbury

http://drokk.bandcamp.com/
Judge Dredd also has 'Grud!' which is an expletive meaning 'God!' or the slightly stronger 'Christ!'

I think 'Stom!' translates as 'Damn!

The comic still uses euphemisms even though they use 'shit' quite regularly and even the occasional 'fuck'. It's more a tradition than self-censorship.

Shatterface

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:I have Aspergers so I have to work at interpretation of intent, especially in spoken conversation where I'm largely oblivious to non-verbal cues; not so much a problem in print where I'm on more of a level playing field.

I despair when people who ostensibly dont have autism treat intent as irrelevant; it's acting autistic. It's as offensive as pretending to be deaf.

Shatterface
Given that my father and grandfather were engineers and that my son is officially (and quite definitely) autistic for which I am no doubt responsible, as well as the fact I'm deaf (left ear dead, right so-so thanks to childhood streptomycin), I'm not sure how we will communicate. Shall we try? We don't have all those pesky non-verbal cues in the way so we should manage.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I actually think I have inverse autism. I find surface chatting boring so I tend to layer conversation with meta and irony that usually only I get.

Makes me come across sometimes (quite rightly) as a bit odd.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Really? wrote:Looks like JT Eberhard may be deleting comments. (Commenter "whatever" seems to think hyr comments have been deleted.) Here's a capture of the page just for the record.

https://archive.today/xgVUw
Whatever is me, and yes, they certainly deleted some of my comments.

You can decide for yourself how rude my comments are and which merited removal:

http://i.imgur.com/PrLOCRS.png

I'm an equal opportunity offender, I've told Ronald Lindsay much the same at his forum, to CFI's credit, I believe those comments remained up.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:I actually think I have inverse autism. I find surface chatting boring so I tend to layer conversation with meta and irony that usually only I get.

You're autistic—simply high functioning! Congrats.

Shatterface as Guest

screwtape wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:I have Aspergers so I have to work at interpretation of intent, especially in spoken conversation where I'm largely oblivious to non-verbal cues; not so much a problem in print where I'm on more of a level playing field.

Shatterface
Given that my father and grandfather were engineers and that my son is officially (and quite definitely) autistic for which I am no doubt responsible, as well as the fact I'm deaf (left ear dead, right so-so thanks to childhood streptomycin), I'm not sure how we will communicate. Shall we try? We don't have all those pesky non-verbal cues in the way so we should manage.
By non-verbal cues I mean subtle or micro-expressions (rather than, say, grinning), body language and (though I guess you could call it 'verbal') voice pitch or tone.

I have to look for non-verbal cues; it's not something I do instinctively. It's kind of like having to spell out words. For instance, I didn't really make eye-contact till I was in my twenties; that meant not picking up on certain clues and failing to indicate if I was interested in what other people were saying. This was in the Eighties so people just assumed I was 'quiet' or 'shy'.

On top of that there's the difficulty with 'theory of mind' but I think reading a shit-load of fiction helped with that. There's usually some fictional example I can draw on, which is why a lot of my comments reference books, films or TV shows. Soaps are easy to follow because they're the same plots repeated endlessly; sf is easy because sf writers are often uninterested in character or they actually feature alien or robot protagonists who share the same difficulty understanding social situations that I do (The Man Who Fell to Earth is a good example)

No two autistics are the same so I can't really comment on your son. Language skills vary hugely from non-existent to very high. I have some motor-sensory issues but they're not severe. My meltdowns are rare but can be quite alarming to others.

Nobody is 'responsible' for autism though, any more than they are responsible for any other genetic trait.

Shatterface

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Kirbmarc wrote:

As far as I can tell a change happened when he went full SJW. Something like this:

Old PZ: Islam was a religion.
New PZ: Islam is a race of brown people.

That's why old PZ was happy to have Pat Condell videos and the PZ of a few years ago, before Condell went as deep into the rabbit hole as his now, thinks Condell is a racist.

Shatterface as Guest

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I actually think I have inverse autism. I find surface chatting boring so I tend to layer conversation with meta and irony that usually only I get.

It's safer to assume everything on this forum is ironic. The alternative would be terrifying.

Shatterface

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Are you John [meta} Morales?? :confusion-confused: [meta]

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Jan Steen wrote:
On a complete unrelated note, I've been sorting through some boxes of stuff, and I found an old Pentacon Praktica Super TL 35mm SLR camera. Early 1970s vintage, made in Dresden in the former GDR, belonged to my ex-boyfriend's stepfather, who gave it to me when he upgraded to a newer camera. There's a Vivitar telephoto lens that goes with it. I used it a couple of times years ago, but I've forgotten how to use it now (there is an instruction manual auf Deutsch, which I can probably figure out).

Should I keep it and try playing with it (assuming I can find some film)? Does anyone even buy these things any more? One of my uncles, now deceased, collected old cameras, but he was just a hoarder, not a photographer.
I think Prakticas aren't worth their weight in scrap metal nowadays. Good, hand-made cameras or rare models are still collectible, but a Praktica is neither.
The good thing about them was they were tough and cheap. Mine took a hell of a beating and kept going, but it was never a great camera. I used to take it as a decoy camera to demonstrations, back in the day. Photograph the carnage with one camera (including cops who'd removed their numbers so they could do a bit ultraviolence without begin' bovvered) then, when the cops demanded the camera, ripped out the film and threw the camera to the ground, it was the old Praktica that was handed over and copped it. The other camera was a bit more compact, so it stayed in the jacket.

We just moved house and I found the Praktica in one of the boxes, neglected for years. Alas, the shutter was dead and the boxes of negs were in no great shape either. Another little bit of childhood gone.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Jan Steen wrote:Is it a false impression of mine, or is the verb "to grok" really only used by Social Justice Warriors? Is it one of their shibboleths?
I use "grok" (as a verb) quite often. However, I've been finding that fewer and fewer young people have any idea what it means.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:The Man Who Fell to Earth
Shatterface
Back to Heinlein!

Autism has been a rag-bag diagnosis involving epilepsy and brain damage as well as an underlying, but clinically similar set of individuals. When you sift out the birth anoxias, the uncontrolled seizure disorders and so on, what is left is the folks we generally think of as autistic. Probably not the place to get into whether Asperger's and autism are the same (DSM V has finally concluded they are, just a matter of degree. I have a quick and dirty test for differentiating the two that I will explain to anyone interested.) What remains, after removing the poor kids who were brain damaged at birth, are pretty much always explicable by genetics. I used the word 'responsible' deliberately. I wouldn't inflict my genes on someone if I knew it would hurt them, but there is no doubt that my genes have resulted in his diagnosis. He is entirely OK with that, and wouldn't become a 'typpie' if he could. He likes being focussed and not distracted by sex, social media etc. I don't think of it as a matter of blame as there was no intent, no mens rea as M'sieu Steersman might say if that language has penetrated that far west. Merely a matter for remark, cogitation and remembrance.

BTW, thanks to whoever it was that posted the Hitchens/Rushdie/PEN youtube link. Sad that Hitch didn't think to mention Disraeli when asked about authors who became statesmen. All the same, I hadn't seen it, so thanks again. FT note: I tried to link to that fine video but this forum's software said it was from a domain belonging to a known spammer. No doubt you are right in some respects, but all the same—it won't do. I can't even post the link with an underscore (à la Steers) in front of it. You must be a fascist or summat.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Oglebart wrote:I enjoyed watching the Parklife video this morning, I'd not seen that for a few years. Did you know Alex James is an award-winning cheesemaker these days?

http://www.alexjamespresents.co.uk/

On a different tangent, I finished Max Payne 3 today, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm not a cutting edge gamer by any means, I play consoles these days, not on a PC. The convenience just suits me. Being a bit behind the times is a good position to be in now for value for money. The amount of great games available on Xbox 360 for very little money is huge now, and I've got a long list that I'll doubt I'll get through. Next one for me know is L.A. Noire that cost me £5!!

I haven't seen anything from the Xbox One or PS4 yet that has convinced me that they are worth buying for me, is anyone here playing one? If so what do you think? I would probably be leaning towards the PS4 now, especially as Xbox doesn't have backward compatibility, which I think is a shitty move. I've also been playing Dishonored, but I've abandoned it for the moment, I know everyone raves about it but I don't know, just not feeling it really.
I've got both, and they are pretty much the same. Sony has a better store, and the PS4 is only backwards compatible if you buy their Playstation Now service. The touchpad is a gimmick now, but may work more later. Games are good, but you get a lot of indie titles, only some of which are worth playing (imo). The controller is really, really cheaply made. Still can't get party chat to work. Xbox One has (to me) a more solid controller (you need to buy the rechargeable batteries). Store is confusing. Kinect works, somewhat - works well for Fantasia (a rock band style game where you move your arms to the music, like Mickey in Fantasia). The PS4 has the copy protection turned on, and if you are recording you can turn it off for some, but have to turn it on to watch youtube or netflix. X1 doesn't have protection, which is great if you are recording, but there is apparently some issue with DRM still (something is going on with Far Cry 4 at the moment, not sure what). Both allow a lot of friends (1000 or so, IIRC), but xbox lets you follow people (so you can have more friends than you probably need) without having the person have to approve you (which can be good or bad). The X1 can connect to your tv and you can watch tv through the console. Neither one can run 3d blu-ray, last I heard. My PS4 is good about automatically updating games, while the XB1 has issues. With the PS4 you can change the internal drive, but can't store games on an external drive. The X1 can store games on an external drive but you can't change the internal drive.

Both consoles have a game recorder, and both have editing software for simple tasks, but I don't use either. I could never get the PS4 to record properly and never tried with the XB1. Xbox does have community challenges (or whatever you want to call them), which are calendar-based (such as "kill this many zombies in dead rising 3 by this date" and the prize is artwork for your desktop, or an in=game reward). PS4 has nothing like that, or trophies/achievements for doing things with apps (such as rating netflix titles, etc) - that can encourage you to use the apps and services if you care about such things. Both have decent exclusives - I liked Titanfall and love Sunset Overdrive - tons of fun, and even Forza Horizon 2 (and I normally don't care about driving games), and PS4 has Infamous and will have Uncharted and Planetside 2.

Lately, I've been playing more XB1 (when I can get any time to play, which isn't much), and tend to choose platforms for games based on extras (COD on XB1 for early release of DLC, same thing with Destiny on PS4). You can look at what games are coming out for what platform, or stick with what your friends have (if you can actually play with them, mine are usually asleep when I get on).

Just my opinions, of course. ymmv

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:The Man Who Fell to Earth
Shatterface
Back to Heinlein!

Autism has been a rag-bag diagnosis involving epilepsy and brain damage as well as an underlying, but clinically similar set of individuals. When you sift out the birth anoxias, the uncontrolled seizure disorders and so on, what is left is the folks we generally think of as autistic. Probably not the place to get into whether Asperger's and autism are the same (DSM V has finally concluded they are, just a matter of degree. I have a quick and dirty test for differentiating the two that I will explain to anyone interested.) What remains, after removing the poor kids who were brain damaged at birth, are pretty much always explicable by genetics. I used the word 'responsible' deliberately. I wouldn't inflict my genes on someone if I knew it would hurt them, but there is no doubt that my genes have resulted in his diagnosis. He is entirely OK with that, and wouldn't become a 'typpie' if he could. He likes being focussed and not distracted by sex, social media etc. I don't think of it as a matter of blame as there was no intent, no mens rea as M'sieu Steersman might say if that language has penetrated that far west. Merely a matter for remark, cogitation and remembrance.

BTW, thanks to whoever it was that posted the Hitchens/Rushdie/PEN youtube link. Sad that Hitch didn't think to mention Disraeli when asked about authors who became statesmen. All the same, I hadn't seen it, so thanks again. FT note: I tried to link to that fine video but this forum's software said it was from a domain belonging to a known spammer. No doubt you are right in some respects, but all the same—it won't do. I can't even post the link with an underscore (à la Steers) in front of it. You must be a fascist or summat.
OK, people, I suspect that one of the spam RBLs is misbehaving, but I can't tell which one unless you post the who of the error message you get when it bites you. Please copy and post the whole of the error message, which appears above the edit box when you get blocked.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Just for the record, were the Islamophobic quotes from before or after 2009 - because if they were after 2009 and he now insists he's a changed person that Humanist Award of the Year belongs to Evil Peezus, not the one who has now seen the light.

Shatterface
The one that I dug up about Islam being worse than Anglican Christianity was from April 2013. Not even two full years ago. And the horde definitely tore that one to pieces.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:Fuck me, but the lack of self awareness of these morons is priceless.

Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk- says:
Ah, grewgills ... Giliell’s law: the more ridiculous the spelling of my Nym gets, the more ridiculous the argument gets.
Giliell is also spreading the hilarious disinformation that we are now making Ophie our new hero, which, of course, the Horde accept without question or doubt.
:shock:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Will someone buy them a mirror, or any bit of self-reflection?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: OK, people, I suspect that one of the spam RBLs is misbehaving, but I can't tell which one unless you post the who of the error message you get when it bites you. Please copy and post the whole of the error message, which appears above the edit box when you get blocked.
Right-o! Here we go:

Oh, shit, It worked this time. What gives?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
I use "grok" (as a verb) quite often. However, I've been finding that fewer and fewer young people have any idea what it means.
Very common in UNIX/Linux circles.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The message I got was the one full of red ink that says the domain is a spammer, your ISP doesn't try hard enough etc. Does that help?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:The message I got was the one full of red ink that says the domain is a spammer, your ISP doesn't try hard enough etc. Does that help?
Ho, ho, ho!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Yeah, I've had the same experience. Also, they won't get off my lawn.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

piero wrote:
screwtape wrote:Basic rule of English, ennit?
I disagree. True, the ending consonant is usually duplicated (stop, stopper, etc.) in order to preserve the pronunciation of the preceding vowel. But "x" is already a double consonant: k + s. So, duplicating it serves no purpose; it's like duplicating the "ck" in "fuck": fuck, fuckcker? Don't be ridiculous. Unless it happened to be an extraordinary fuckck.
I thought it was Fuckke? As in Fuckkere, or Fuckkenne, or having been Fuckkedde? :think:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Badger3k wrote:
piero wrote:
screwtape wrote:Basic rule of English, ennit?
I disagree. True, the ending consonant is usually duplicated (stop, stopper, etc.) in order to preserve the pronunciation of the preceding vowel. But "x" is already a double consonant: k + s. So, duplicating it serves no purpose; it's like duplicating the "ck" in "fuck": fuck, fuckcker? Don't be ridiculous. Unless it happened to be an extraordinary fuckck.
I thought it was Fuckke? As in Fuckkere, or Fuckkenne, or having been Fuckkedde? :think:
I want to report The Lousy Canuck as having an undercover Pit account, please.

PS All the above are acceptable to me if you are writing a cod entry to Samuel Pepys' diary, you silly cunny.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Really? wrote:
This is a point of annoyance for me because "grok" was a shared part of culture for an oppressed minority: virgin science fiction nerds. The term originated in a Heinlein book and was famously used during the attempts to get NBC to renew Star Trek, the ultimate watch-because-you-don't-have-a-date-on-Friday-night show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/138203/4e10 ... 38203b.jpg
Wasn't Heinlein on the list of Verbotten Authors? Didn't PZ say he was sexist or something and therefore writer-non-grata?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

screwtape wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
piero wrote:
I want to report The Lousy Canuck as having an undercover Pit account, please.

PS All the above are acceptable to me if you are writing a cod entry to Samuel Pepys' diary, you silly cunny.[/quote]

Of a guest spot on an FTB blogge....

What is Physioproffes favorite movie?

Ffolkes
:rimshot:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

OK, I find this picture on a website:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... icious.jpg

I am asked if I would like to do a Google search for this image. Thought I would try it, searching for an image sounds a lot harder than seaching for text.

The result:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... 1420852119

And this

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/ ... imilar.jpg

Worst Google fail ever.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Kirbmarc wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ghRPWDp.jpg

<snip>
It would be so helpful to have a guide to acceptable targets of satire. Oh, look:

http://i.imgur.com/JhlzXHg.png?1

Humor Code

Red = jokes forbidden
Green = jokes allowed

Most of the figures are pretty self-explanatory &/or the terms close to English. ("sauf" is "save" meaning "except")

The ones I had to look up:
"beur" = French-born, parents from N Africa
"miraculé" = miraculously cured
"Français de souche" = from French stock; native-born & ethnically French

Source: (a tweet from @MiamR82 with the image I've copied above)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:

Thank you. But was the last word a joke? ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oglebart wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Are you John [meta} Morales?? :confusion-confused: [meta]
He was an obsessive sign-poster.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Lsuoma wrote:Settling down with chips and beer.

http://www.raceforasoldier.org/sites/de ... 0exp_0.png
I don't really have an NFL team, but I love to watch football. I really dislike Scam Newton, so I'm happy to root for your Seahawks.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
Steersman wrote: ... Although I seem to recollect that ROBOKiTTY wasn’t much impressed with the logic there, with that particular analogy – despite not offering much in the way of a credible rebuttal ….
I recall doing no such thing. You might be thinking of someone or something else.
I stand corrected, more or less; mea culpa. But you had said the following, which is probably what I was thinking of, in response to a previous comment of mine suggesting that "nager" was a corruption or colloquial modification of "nigger" (which Urban Dictionary supports but that is probably not saying much), to wit:
Steers, I'm afraid this is unsupported by any linguistic research and reflects a problem endemic to African studies, in that many try to spin just about everything to attribute as much as possible to ancient African civilizations. In this case, the evidence is scant, though I would like to see their sources.
However, somewhat en passant, I am curious as to what you think of my conjecture, my hypothesis, my analogy that "cunt is to sexism as nigger is to racism" - i.e., that the validity to the charge of sexism or racism depends, in each case, on the context: the epithets applied to the whole class then of course, but applied to individuals - probably not.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Anyone notice that PZ the cop hater did not have an entry on the shooting of the NYPD officers on Dec 20? I think even pz knew a thread on their deaths would turn into an orgy of hate with the filth he now has for posters. I think even he knows the limits with the bunch of crazies he's left with. It would have been Charlie Hebdo X 10 for the hatred.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I'm assuming this is an awful case of cultural appropriation and that you really mean crisps.

It's worse than rape!

Really?

Post by Really? »

bhoytony wrote:
I'm assuming this is an awful case of cultural appropriation and that you really mean crisps.

It's worse than rape!
I'm concerned that he's engaging in what criminal psychologists call "grooming." He gets himself some chips, turns on the game to establish rapport with himself, makes himself lose his inhibitions with some beer...

And then he rapes himself.