Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by rayshul »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:The Pharyngees are getting a hate-on for Ophelia.

[url]http://.../pharyngula/2015/01/08/lounge-487/comment-page-1/[/url]

The bitching starts at comment #162
From what I can gather from the thread they have a hate-on for Opie because some post she did about pregnancy didn't pay enough attention to trans women.

Shatterface
But...

But.

:doh:

----

Also was trying to repost this and got this:

The domain freethoughtblogs.com you have posted has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see A LINK TO SOMETHING CALLED AHBL DOT COM ETC (which did not work).
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

I then tried to post this message with the AHBL address intact and it gave me the same error that AHBL was blacklisted.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

[url]http:/.com/pharyngula/2015/01/08/lounge-487/comment-page-1/[/url]

From what I can gather from the thread they have a hate-on for Opie because some post she did about pregnancy didn't pay enough attention to trans women.

Shatterface
Yep. You wanna get in shit on SJW forums? Say that *women* can get pregnant....you bigoted asshole, it's 'female bodied persons' or 'persons born with female organs'

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... nt-page-1/

No idea what this refers to, but it seems that Gililililiel as just pulled the "I have loads of black friends" card:

http://i.imgur.com/s5liAd0.png

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Ray, I got the same error message.

Yet Ch20 got through!

You know why he got through? He has a dyck, and the FT is dycksriminating against wymyns!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bugger I just imgur'ed that and was going for the upload.

In any case I call bullshit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

rayshul wrote:

[url]http://.../pharyngula/2015/01/08/lounge-487/comment-page-1/[/url]

Shatterface
But...

But.

----

The domain freethoughtblogs.com you have posted has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see A LINK TO SOMETHING CALLED AHBL DOT COM ETC (which did not work).
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

I then tried to post this message with the AHBL address intact and it gave me the same error that AHBL was blacklisted.

You're in good company:

http://i.imgur.com/SVbLc2w.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

[youtube]MRhwJej0z7o[/youtube]

Because.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

another lurker wrote:Ray, I got the same error message.

Yet Ch20 got through!

You know why he got through? He has a dyck, and the FT is dycksriminating against wymyns!
Hey, if you knew what I had to do with my dyck to get access...let's just say Meyers, calamari, and a very hot sauce.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

You're in good company:

Hahahh.

I have been having similar problems at Patheos on my android. 80% of the time when I click an article, I am immediately redirected to a fake malware update for my phone....

I wouldn't be surprised if FTB is in business with shady ad dealers, hence the redirect....they make more money that way, but they screw over their reader base

ConcentratedH2O, OM

rayshul wrote:
But...

But.

----

You're in good company:

Also, it seems likely you were being redirected to the .org, not the .com:

http://i.imgur.com/KQqI3vf.png

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Nerd of Redhead, Dances OM Trolls

9 January 2015 at 6:48 pm
The same man that you now worship as a bastion of “social justice” used to think that Islam was a huge problem just a few years ago.
Nope, he like the atheists rants but detested the islamophobia you are so proudly showing.
*glee!* The Islamophobia he's proudly showing is Peez's, Nerd!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The baboons are gonna weasel their way out of this by claiming that PZ is a reformed man...just like they did with Oggie to excuse his alleged rapey past...

If it would at all be possible, in the future, to find something that PZ has said *recently* and use that against them...much fun could be had, because then they can't use the above 'revelation' excuse.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Yep it was the ORG. My bad.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I believe that at least one or two of the quotes are "post-conversion".

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Amazing. Amazing lulz today. Thanks pit!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

another lurker wrote:

You're in good company:

Hahahh.

I have been having similar problems at Patheos on my android. 80% of the time when I click an article, I am immediately redirected to a fake malware update for my phone....

I wouldn't be surprised if FTB is in business with shady ad dealers, hence the redirect....they make more money that way, but they screw over their reader base
When I was trying to follow the comments at Mehta's thread about Avicenna it completely froze my computer up and had to do a total restart, yet everywhere else seems normal. Is Patheos just a buggy site?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I come back and the Pit's exploded.

What's this about a prank? Where should I start reading?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@ftp

Disqus is a buggy piece of shit, and if you don't have adblock that will fuck shit up even more. Usually, with disqus, once you get through the first 200+ comments, it will start to freeze, so that is probably what happened to you.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

bovarchist wrote:I come back and the Pit's exploded.

To make a long story short the Horde is attacking Charlie Hebdo for "racism" and "Islamophobia". So we did a little sleuthing, we found out PZ Myers' "Islamophobic" comments of old and posted them on Pharyngula under the username "kolnnauzer".

The Horde attacked the old comments of PZ Myers for being "Islamophobic". They fell for the prank hook, line and sinker. Some of them (Sally Strange, Nerd of Redhead) even after the prank was explictily revealed in a post.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Here. See if you spot anything fishy.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

smoothmedia wrote:Ophelia Benson is one of the few at FTB who understands that Charlie Hebdo is NOT a racist/misogynist publication, and is valiantly trying to combat the ignorance of FTB commenters.

Credit where credit is due.
I've been waiting to hear what Ophelia's position in this issue would be. It's well-known around these pits that she is one of the few at FTB who actively opposes the spread of Islam in the western world. Perhaps there's a generational gap between her brand of SJW and the SJWism of the last, well, few centuries, I suppose. ;)

I'm just joshing, Ophelia. When you talk about Islam, I do honestly gain a tiny bit of respect for you.

You may think I'm a rapist slymeshitter, Madame Le Oaf, but I'd gladly stand atop Freeze Peach Mountain with you and battle the hordes of "bawww mocking my prophet hurts my feelz so bad I should be allowed to commit homicide" wankers. And their apologists, both within moderate Islam and SJW shitlibbery.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

another lurker wrote:@ftp

Disqus is a buggy piece of shit, and if you don't have adblock that will fuck shit up even more. Usually, with disqus, once you get through the first 200+ comments, it will start to freeze, so that is probably what happened to you.
The automatic refresh Disqus uses also plays hell with chrome on Android, to the extent of making it so slow it is nearly unusable.

It's a shame because I very much like the freedom with HTML formatting Disqus offers.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Parody Accountant wrote:
:lol: You might note that the primary features of transistors are emitters and collectors - with interconnecting or interposing bases which are typically used as control elements. /pedant
Parody Accountant wrote:
In that case, those making the threats probably qualify as ignorant dickheads. Free speech probably shouldn't be considered an absolute either.

James Caruthers

Hmmm...

Can't tell if making fun of FTB and SJWs...

Or Elyse Anders.

:rimshot:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

James Caruthers wrote:
smoothmedia wrote:Ophelia Benson is one of the few at FTB who understands that Charlie Hebdo is NOT a racist/misogynist publication, and is valiantly trying to combat the ignorance of FTB commenters.

I've been waiting to hear what Ophelia's position in this issue would be. It's well-known around these pits that she is one of the few at FTB who actively opposes the spread of Islam in the western world. Perhaps there's a generational gap between her brand of SJW and the SJWism of the last, well, few centuries, I suppose. ;)

I'm just joshing, Ophelia. When you talk about Islam, I do honestly gain a tiny bit of respect for you.

You may think I'm a rapist slymeshitter, Madame Le Oaf, but I'd gladly stand atop Freeze Peach Mountain with you and battle the hordes of "bawww mocking my prophet hurts my feelz so bad I should be allowed to commit homicide" wankers. And their apologists, both within moderate Islam and SJW shitlibbery.
Meanwhile Old Peezus has been declared "Islamophobic". #OperationAvicenna

James Caruthers

Kirbmarc wrote:

To make a long story short the Horde is attacking Charlie Hebdo for "racism" and "Islamophobia". So we did a little sleuthing, we found out PZ Myers' "Islamophobic" comments of old and posted them on Pharyngula under the username "kolnnauzer".

The Horde attacked the old comments of PZ Myers for being "Islamophobic". They fell for the prank hook, line and sinker. Some of them (Sally Strange, Nerd of Redhead) even after the prank was explictily revealed in a post.
:dance: :dance: :dance:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

IT'S OKAY WHEN THEY DO IT

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Heh heh. Nice one. Wish they'd attacked it harder.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

James Caruthers wrote:
Hmmm...

Can't tell if making fun of FTB and SJWs...

Or Elyse Anders.

:rimshot:
Well comhcinc says we can't make fun of Anders, so...

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

another lurker wrote:The baboons are gonna weasel their way out of this by claiming that PZ is a reformed man...just like they did with Oggie to excuse his alleged rapey past...

If it would at all be possible, in the future, to find something that PZ has said *recently* and use that against them...much fun could be had, because then they can't use the above 'revelation' excuse.

James Caruthers

Aneris wrote:I can't even
AHA! I knew you were a social justice infiltrator all along! :o
Are FreeThoughtBlog commentariat (regular posters) authoritarians?
Confirmed. Presented with views from their host but without the attribution and the belief it is some out-grouper they strongly disagree with the views as posted, something they don't usually do when PZ Myers posts his views under his name. #OperationAvicenna

Are social justice warriors (e.g. regular posters on FTB) Islam Accommodationists?
Confirmed. While many writers and commenters on FTB, criticise Islam, too, the group of core users at FTB strongly believes this is racism or islamophobia. They are positively accommodationists, unusal for a blog that once was known for a very anti-theistic slant.
I think it's a bit sad how rigidly they conform to both tribal dynamics and the stereotype of "le shitlib."
shitlib
Short for 'shit liberal.' Generally refers to advocates of politically correct speech/thought. They tend to more concerned with language than reality and frequently conflate the two. Relatedly, they are quick to censor language or suppress the truth if it might hurt someone's feelings, as long as said someone isn't a white male.
I prefer the term "shitlib" to "SJW" in many ways, because it accurately makes the link between the worst aspects of modern neoliberal "thought" and the online social justice movement. For example, I do not think of Judith Butler as a SJW, but she certainly has "shitlib" ideas. That is, ideas which are clearly the invention of her mind, with no adequate basis in reality, but they sound good and appease feelz and therefore catch on. Naomi Wolf, with her idea that "beauty is a social construct created by the diet, makeup and plastic surgery industries," also clearly qualifies as a shitlib even if she had never warrior'd a keyboard in her life.

FEELZ BEFORE REALZ

^If pressed to summarize the shitlib mindset for an official canon entry into the OED, I'd select a passage like this to expand upon. They tend also to believe that words create reality rather than describe it, and that changing words is a way of changing reality, which in their minds == genuine activism. :roll:

In this case, the FTB crowd have devoted a lot of hand-wringing to perceived -isms in forum posts on a forum muslims don't have to read, and also to cartoons which muslims don't have to look at (hilariously, they've even castigated posts from the Peezus Christ himself). All this mindwanking about how words make our feelz hurt and how even though violence is totes not okay, maybe it kinda is bcuz FEEEEELZ... Ugh, this is why I consider the term "shitlib" more useful (and as a bonus, more insulting) than SJW. SJWs have taken liberal values and either subverted, twisted or outright destroyed them while still pretending that they are totes liberals.

TL: DR I like to fuck my cat.

[youtube]8lV7YSPvKZA[/youtube]

Otherkin this, bitches!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ha ha ha ha.

James Caruthers

Tony Parsehole wrote:Ichthyic said:
now go back and direct quote what PZ has said about the christian creationists.

find anything similar?

oh, why bother, you’re an asshat with an agenda. hey, shortcircuit your fuckwittery, and just ask PZ why not?

http://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_image ... -cakes.jpg
http://static.tumblr.com/693b0a9a40bb33 ... gckww4.png

James Caruthers

another lurker wrote:The baboons are gonna weasel their way out of this by claiming that PZ is a reformed man...just like they did with Oggie to excuse his alleged rapey past...

PZ had his "come to Peezus" moment and is forever blameless.

Also we should figure out when this moment happened so we can start posting anti-Islam stuff from after he supposedly reformed and rustle up a few more Jameses. :dance:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also we should figure out when this moment happened
Elevatorgate. The Atheism Plus Schism. The big attack on Sam Harris. Take a pick.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Daz: Keeper of the Hairy-Eared Dwarf Lemur of wrote:Also, I would like to know in light of this claim, how many of your words have truly been your own words. At what point in the conversation did you begin this strategy? Because, frankly, this smells a helluva lot like you entered this thread with an agenda of some kind.
http://cdn.mhpbooks.com/uploads/2013/03 ... holmes.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Aneris wrote:
Daz: Keeper of the Hairy-Eared Dwarf Lemur of wrote:Also, I would like to know in light of this claim, how many of your words have truly been your own words. At what point in the conversation did you begin this strategy? Because, frankly, this smells a helluva lot like you entered this thread with an agenda of some kind.
Hmm...Daz is smarter than it looks.

SpacePope

Post by SpacePope »

Could this possibly be used to discredit PZ's "reborn as a shitlib" moment? I mean, he did use the word "Infidel" so Islam is included in that behavior description. He posted it yesterday.
Attachments
Screenshot_21.png
(218.25 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Aneris wrote:
The genius hasn't even read the "all my previous comments" bit.

But he's probably better at taking care of hairy-eared dwarf lemurs than at reading comprehension.
And, an alert has been sent. Dishonest fuckwit.
Who, Myers?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Hmm...Daz is smarter than it looks.
Holy shit. They're just now starting to catch on.

They are so fucking dumb. For real.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/35/3511d97 ... 1ad268.jpg

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

James Caruthers wrote:

I don't think Benson is a 'natural' SJW.

A 'natural' automatically sees the world in SJW terms but Benson's instincts belong to a previous generation which thought religion was seperate from race and therefore a legitimate target for ridicule, and which didn't think they had to consider half a dozen other genders whenever contraception or abortion was discussed.

Even Peezus slips up now and then.

Shatterface

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Had to take url out because this site blocks it

Shatterface

Didn't jump through the torturous linguistic hoops for the transgendered and she also thinks that since the word Muslim denotes religion and not race, criticizing Muslims is not racist.

Everyone here should read her "Anti-racism and a passion for equality among all people are the founding principles of Charlie Hebdo" thread.

She explains how the 'boko-haram welfare queen' cartoon was mocking the right-wings view of Muslims being on welfare.

Remember the coffee privilege thing, look at this response to a commenter:
And do not sneer at the murdered editor of CH as “this middle-class white gentleman.”
When the asshole replies with some lame rhetoric
Did he somehow retroactively become not a middle-class white gentleman because he was brutally and tragically murdered?
Benson basically says 'fuck off' :
Of course he fucking didn’t, which has nothing to do with the fact that I don’t need you sneering at him for it on my blog.
So I give props to OB on this thread.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:
But...

But.

----

You're in good company:

Also, it seems likely you were being redirected to the .org, not the .com:

http://i.imgur.com/KQqI3vf.png
ahbl is the blocklist I mentioned earlier. They are still keeping the site up, but all queries against it come up positive for spam. I removed it from our panel of checklists a few days ago. This is causing havoc in many places. The guy who used to run it got so pissed off that everyone used his service and didn't pay, that he left it so every query comes back positive. Trolololol!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Parody Accountant wrote:Amazing. Amazing lulz today. Thanks pit!
The FT is so proud of all his damaged children!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

elementary my dear watson
it was for top kek

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I've seen people hoisted by their own petard before, but I don't think I've seen such spectacular hoisting just quoting someone verbatim their own words. And it's being called out by his own commentariat to boot! The way Nerd called him 'islamophobic' was just the cherry on top. Just glorious. I'll savour this moment.

In other delicious news, the Resident Evil REMAKE Edition that was previously only available on the GameCube is finally coming to the PC. Call me a sucker, but I'm excited. Over ten years ago since I played it last.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Whoever guessed their excuse would be "plagiarism"...
chigau
invites
you
to
col
lec
t yo
ur pr
ize.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150110024 ... -violence/

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Aneris wrote:
sherlock-holmes.jpg
The genius hasn't even read the "all my previous comments" bit.

But he's probably better at taking care of hairy-eared dwarf lemurs than at reading comprehension.
And, an alert has been sent. Dishonest fuckwit.
Who, Myers?
You're a plagiarist, Kirbmarc.
chigau (違 ,う)
9 January 2015 at 8:44 pm
kolnnauzer
Quoting without citations is plagiarism.
You naughty … person, you.
—
Do you know how to <blockquote>?
or are you just being a git?
:naughty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Definitely not the sharpest tack in the box.

http://i.imgur.com/BqDxMGH.jpg

From the slow motion gear grinding, I can feel some relief I didn't turn the lights on.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

chigau (違 ,う)
9 January 2015 at 8:44 pm
kolnnauzer
Quoting without citations is plagiarism.
You naughty … person, you.
—
Do you know how to <blockquote>?
or are you just being a git?
It's not plagiarism if you cite your sources.

Kirbmarc did so; he just didn't do it right away.

The whole point was to give 'credit' the original author.

It's only fair that Myers' neglected early work is given the attention it deserves.

Shatterface

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

fuzzy wrote:

Sikh 'shop, dude!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shhh....don't say anything, but I got a look into the FTB Backchannel:

[youtube]gIj4U2KLdn0[/youtube]

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Poor Nerd. :violin:
9 January 2015 at 9:03 pm
Send an alert for PZ, too, while you’re at it. In case you didn’t read my comments, ALL of them before the one where I revealed my little subterfuge were direct quotes of him.
Since you were purposely dishonest, everything you say can be dismissed. Honesty and integrity are required for me to listen to you. You admitted you failed the test. You and all you said are hereby dismissed as fuckwittery.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I see what you are saying but I see a big difference in telling people to be careful of sexual predators by taking simple common sense precautions that also btw will keep you from getting robbed or bust by the cops as well, and telling people to curtail their rights because otherwise they may be killed.
If it's a big difference, can you express it in words?
Let's see if I can.

When you say to a woman, "look, you may want to take these steps to reduce the possibility to not be raped", you are not denying her of her rights. You're not saying, "maybe you should stop drinking, going to parties, dressing in skimpy clothes, etc. etc.". Well, maybe if you're a religious person, that's the "advice" you'd dispense (see the problem right here?). The usual advice in these cases is more specific (and helpful) forms of "be careful".

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Eskarina wrote:Poor Nerd. :violin:
Send an alert for PZ, too, while you’re at it. In case you didn’t read my comments, ALL of them before the one where I revealed my little subterfuge were direct quotes of him.
Since you were purposely dishonest, everything you say can be dismissed. Honesty and integrity are required for me to listen to you. You admitted you failed the test. You and all you said are hereby dismissed as fuckwittery.

http://visitorium.files.wordpress.com/2 ... denial.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Eskarina wrote:Poor Nerd. :violin:
I do not see this as of 9.26PM CST. THIS IS WHY A QUICK AND SIMPLE SCREENGRAB IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN C/PING THE TEXT. GET IT IN CONTEXT WHILE IT STILL EXISTS.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Ophelia Benson was very unfair a few times, but I don’t hold grudges against her. I’ve seen a few good articles she authored, however don’t visit her blog if not prompted by some circumstance. I am rather amazed how a single disagreement (unreasonable, too) makes these people burn all bridges. Amazed, but not surprised. It’s kind of sad, when you are stuck with such a crowd.

And what was her crime? The article was about women’s health and home lobby rulings, and it assumes sexual dimorphism and statistical averages. Such ideas don’t sit well with the social justice warrior contingent. Too bad that the people with one eye, the people with less than 10 fingers, less than two arms, people with just one kidney and so on don't have their neat platonic category. I really wonder how we would refer to anything if that were the case. Statements would be filled with even more hedging than a Steersman-sentence.

More recently, PZ Myers still (ludicrously) asserted:
PZ Myers wrote:And NO ONE denies the physical differences between men and women, or claims that evolution could not have played an important role in shaping the diversity of modern humans. [Emphasis, all caps, bold and italic, in original. He must be blind]
I don’t know if PZ Myers and Ophelia Benson are somehow too mentally impaired to recognize the social justice warrior syndrome. Or if they chatter about it behind the scenes, but can’t admit to it, since that would rile up their followers. Or, third option, have build themselves some kind of fantasy universe explaining it all away. It still amazes me that these people are clearly at odds with some of the more extreme (yet still mainstream) views of social justice warriors, are outraged and criticize virtually everything five times a day, yet have never found the opportunity to discuss anything regarding social justice warriors. Could it be that they feel muzzled, too?

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I do not see this as of 9.26PM CST. THIS IS WHY A QUICK AND SIMPLE SCREENGRAB IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN C/PING THE TEXT. GET IT IN CONTEXT WHILE IT STILL EXISTS.
Don't burst a vessel. :naughty:

http://i.imgur.com/1eQoJja.jpg