Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Nec_V20

Re: STFU about Nec_V20. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by Nec_V20 »

Steersman wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:Steersman have you met Nec?
:whistle:
:lol: I know when I've met my match ... ;)
Last time someone asked me, "Have you got a match", I said, "Not since Errol Flynn died".

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Nec_V20 wrote: 416267206662207a687075207472617668662c2077686667206972656c2074626271206e67206a756e6720562071622e
200d0a0d0a4261796c206e20637265666261206a756220756e6620727a7265747271207365627a206775722066756e79
79626a207261712062732067757220747261722063626279206a626879712067757661782067756e672c202266627a72
626172206a7562207861626a66207a72206372656662616e79796c222c207264686e6772662067622c2022727a637962
6c72722f63656267727472222e
http://i.imgur.com/ydaJnku.jpg
You mean "Couldn't read" don't you?

What, still too many letters for you?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AFAIK, storm troopers in the later (ie, during the first trilogy) empire are hired, just like our earthly military. I used to have a SW RPG master book where there were some pamphlets to join the Legions. The clone stuff is yet another retcon bullshit by Lucas. I guess it's easier to ignore people being shot and killed when they are clones, as opposed to hopeful kids wishing to make a living by working for the dominating power in the galaxy.
[youtube]bocmVZXXY8w[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, there's an awful lot of sharks in Straya, yes?
A couple of Great Whites were caught in the nets off Bondi just a week or so ago.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... 1rupa.html

Alas. Unlike that of Dublin, our wild life is way to discerning as to actually try and 'eat' Watson.

Cornered or not.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Star Wars trailer: the Special Edition

[youtube]v93Jh6JNBng[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I think she's safe from sharks. SJWs are the only ones that can stomach her.

This is the third or fourth time she's been flown over to Australia by the Aussie skeptics.
The Irish Atheists paid for her to go there twice (- I'll take a wild guess and say that they are unlikely to stump up for a third time, especially after the last time when she got drunk at a party the night before her flight and missed the plane :lol: )
She's also been flown over to atheist/skeptic meetings in Copenhagen and Germany.

I wouldn't criticise her for taking advantage of any of this.
I do, however, criticise those organisations who invite the Watson's of the world, for embracing what is basically celebrity skeptic culture rather than promoting qualified or talented individuals - especially when there are plenty of hardworking and talented skeptics who are interested in promoting science and atheism rather than promoting their own brand.
Think of what could have been done with the Women in Secularism conference if it hadn't been run as a 'SJW Feminism in Feminism' conference.

For all the hollering about encouraging women in STEM fields, do you know the total number of women working in STEM who were speakers at the last Women in Skepticism conference?

ZERO

Not a single working scientist or engineer was a speaker at that conference.

Why is that?
It's not as if there are no SJW scientists. They are a small minority but they do exist (Janet Stemwedel, Pamela Gay etc)

As for Watson, she has found a niche and she's exploiting it. I think it's somewhat troubling for her in her current position - half way between skepticism and SJW-ism. It's clear that SJWs have overplayed their hand and are becoming figures of ridicule in popular culture (Melody Hensley, Suey Park) and so Watson probably wonders whether she should distance herself from them before she's seen as just another bigmouthed pontificating idiot.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Nec_V20 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Nec_V20 wrote:You got that half right, I am a counter-troll.

You and others are trying to, as Scientologists say, "Push my buttons". How's that working out for you?

I did say before that my grandfather taught me how to lie perfectly, and I did tell this to the one person here who knows me personally although I don't think they believed me at the time. I have given that person a demonstration with you as my subjects.

The beauty of it is that neither you nor anyone else will ever be able to catch me out in my lies and I find that really amusing.

I am now finding quite a number of you here amusing now that I know how you tick.

As long as people here are trying to get under my skin I will find ever new ways to get under yours.

Happy hunting. :dance:
Oh yeah. We didn't notice AT ALL that you frequently lie and make shit up. Wow, you really fooled us! Golly, you sounded so real. I just can't believe you pulled such a big one over on us. You are obviously a superior human being. Probably at the next evolutionary stage ahead of the game. You should submit yourself to scientific testing in hopes of sharing the secrets of your superiority with the inferior rest of humanity. That's what a great person like you should do, even just to show us lowlifes how much of a humanitarian you are, because surely you are superior in that field too.
It's at times like this that I wished I did believe in an afterlife, because my grandfather would be absolutely pissing himself with laughter (or whatever the noncorporeal equivalent would be) at you.

Seriously though, the secret to being able to lie perfectly is so simple that even you could do it.

Actually in a sense you are doing it - well half of it anyway, commensurate with your wit.
I don't think you quite understand. You lie IMPERFECTLY. You are SO crappy at it that I don't think anyone here believes one word you say. Why the fuck are you assuming that your lying is perfect? You are proud of doing something that you never actually did.

And why would you be proud of such a thing anyways? That's pretty fucked up. If it were true, and you were PERFECT at lying, all that would mean is that you'd be an even more unpleasant person than you already are. At least with you being lousy at lying, your lies don't cause as much deception as believable lies could cause.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Scented Nectar wrote: I don't think you quite understand. You lie IMPERFECTLY. You are SO crappy at it that I don't think anyone here believes one word you say. Why the fuck are you assuming that your lying is perfect? You are proud of doing something that you never actually did.

And why would you be proud of such a thing anyways? That's pretty fucked up. If it were true, and you were PERFECT at lying, all that would mean is that you'd be an even more unpleasant person than you already are. At least with you being lousy at lying, your lies don't cause as much deception as believable lies could cause.
Shhh let's pretend he has us all fooled and we didn't spot him as a bullshitting troll within a day or two of his landing here. He does read a lot like Andy over at MN's blog. Although Andy is a far pleasanter (more pleasant)person. Andy just lies for Peezus. Nec lies for .....? Perhaps it's just a compulsive behaviour. I suspect he reports regularly to his FtB overlords and giggling at how he is 'derailing' an unrailed thread.

Bless his little cotton socks.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

jimthepleb wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: I don't think you quite understand. You lie IMPERFECTLY. You are SO crappy at it that I don't think anyone here believes one word you say. Why the fuck are you assuming that your lying is perfect? You are proud of doing something that you never actually did.

Shhh let's pretend he has us all fooled and we didn't spot him as a bullshitting troll within a day or two of his landing here. He does read a lot like Andy over at MN's blog. Although Andy is a far pleasanter (more pleasant)person. Andy just lies for Peezus. Nec lies for .....? Perhaps it's just a compulsive behaviour. I suspect he reports regularly to his FtB overlords and giggling at how he is 'derailing' an unrailed thread.

You're probably right. He likely is one of the damaged horde delusionally thinking that he's been trolling us, while all along he's simply made an embarrassing fool of himself. And with so many having him on ignore, even a railed thread couldn't be derailed by him.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37 ... LL-YOU.png

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

OH yeah it's SUNDAY!! Time for a new Michael Nugent PZ Myers is an arse post. I wonder what he has up his sleeve this week?
It's like Sunday Mass without the cannibalism and soporific homilies. Who will be in the congregation this week? Andy, Ariel or Gunboat Diplomat. So exciting.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

I do, however, criticise those organisations who invite the Watson's of the world, for embracing what is basically celebrity skeptic culture rather than promoting qualified or talented individuals - especially when there are plenty of hardworking and talented skeptics who are intere
It's not as if there are no SJW scientists. They are a small minority but they do exist (Janet
As for Watson, she has found a niche and she's exploiting it. I think it's somewhat troubling for her in her current position - half way between skepticism and SJW-ism. It's clear that SJWs have overplayed their hand and are becoming figures of ridicule in popular culture (Melody Hensley, Suey Park) and so Watson probably wonders whether she should distance herself from them before she's seen as just another bigmouthed pontificating idiot.
I agree with this Dick, there's no doubt Watson has exploited her little niche(!) for all it's worth, so I'm sure she is thinking about what will happen to her place on the gravy train as the perception of SJW's becomes more ridiculous. As I've said before, she must be green with envy at all the attention being thrown at Sarkeesian, particularly as it's concerning a subject that she is genuinely interested in.

It will be interesting to see how she plays it, it won't be possible to be taken seriously whilst colluding with Hensley, for example.

Kazakh

Post by Kazakh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
A couple of Great Whites were caught in the nets off Bondi just a week or so ago.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... 1rupa.html

Alas. Unlike that of Dublin, our wild life is way to discerning as to actually try and 'eat' Watson.

Cornered or not.
Bondi is way smaller than people think it's going to be, it has lots of bars and shops selling hippy shit, but Sydney has better beaches. I saw some whales off Bondi in May and the biggest shark I had ever seen swam past, more of it just seemed to keep on comming like a freight train.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Dick Strawkins wrote: I think she's safe from sharks. SJWs are the only ones that can stomach her.

This is the third or fourth time she's been flown over to Australia by the Aussie skeptics.
The Irish Atheists paid for her to go there twice (- I'll take a wild guess and say that they are unlikely to stump up for a third time, especially after the last time when she got drunk at a party the night before her flight and missed the plane :lol: )
She's also been flown over to atheist/skeptic meetings in Copenhagen and Germany.

I do, however, criticise those organisations who invite the Watson's of the world, for embracing what is basically celebrity skeptic culture rather than promoting qualified or talented individuals - especially when there are plenty of hardworking and talented skeptics who are interested in promoting science and atheism rather than promoting their own brand.
Think of what could have been done with the Women in Secularism conference if it hadn't been run as a 'SJW Feminism in Feminism' conference.

For all the hollering about encouraging women in STEM fields, do you know the total number of women working in STEM who were speakers at the last Women in Skepticism conference?

ZERO

Not a single working scientist or engineer was a speaker at that conference.

Why is that?
It's not as if there are no SJW scientists. They are a small minority but they do exist (Janet Stemwedel, Pamela Gay etc)

Agreed, except that Janet Stemwedel is not a scientist. She calls herself a "lapsed chemist," but she's a philosopher. I think PeeZus might be more of a scientist than she is.

How is everyone? I've been away hiking, running, cooking, sightseeing, eating great food, and visiting old grad school friends, and I'm pretty sure I've lost the 'Pit plot.

If there is a 'Pit plot .... :P

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

A 'Pit plot?
Nah we all know Nec did it.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Oglebart wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

I do, however, criticise those organisations who invite the Watson's of the world, for embracing what is basically celebrity skeptic culture rather than promoting qualified or talented individuals - especially when there are plenty of hardworking and talented skeptics who are intere
It's not as if there are no SJW scientists. They are a small minority but they do exist (Janet
I agree with this Dick, there's no doubt Watson has exploited her little niche(!) for all it's worth, so I'm sure she is thinking about what will happen to her place on the gravy train as the perception of SJW's becomes more ridiculous. As I've said before, she must be green with envy at all the attention being thrown at Sarkeesian, particularly as it's concerning a subject that she is genuinely interested in.

It will be interesting to see how she plays it, it won't be possible to be taken seriously whilst colluding with Hensley, for example.
I think Watson is sharp enough to stay mainstream, because that's where the money is.

The only problem is Skepchick: Have you looked at it recently? It's become absurdly right-on.

That's the biggest flaw with painfully politically correct outlets; they start to chase their own tail with increasingly petty and silly missives. It turns people off.

As for sharks, I'm sure dead-eyed scavengers recognise one of their own.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Star Wars was originally conceived of as a franchise; the Death Star was originally intended for the third film but was pulled forward when Lucas wasn't sure he'd get to make three films.

The novel Splinter of the Minds Eye was intended to be the second film. Lucas didn't know how successful Star Wars was going to be and Splinter was conceived of as a low-budget follow up, hence the lack of space battles.

We know this from interviews Lucas did at the time. There's probably more written on the franchise than any other film.

The midi-chlorians, by the way, are mentioned in an earlier draft for The Empire Strikes Back

Shatterface
In 1976, prior to the release of Star Wars, Alan Dean Foster was commissioned by Lucas two write two novels. The first was ghost written under Lucas' name for the Star Wars movie. The second was Splinter of the Mind's Eye which, as Shatterface points out, was for the second flick that Lucas was hoping to make if Star Wars did reasonably well and he could secure a new studio contract.

So the contractual record indicates he had future plans. Now, those plans were probably not the grandiose plans he later espoused. At one point he was talking 6 then 12 movies then 9 movies. So I can see people being skeptical to his 'trilogy' and 'trilogy of trilogies' comments as Lucas changed his stories as often as he was interviewed.

But the written contracts are the smoking gun. And, for the record, while I thought the Splinter of the Mind's Eye was merely ok, it did have an interesting clue to Darth Vader and C3PO and some unresolved sexual tension between Leia and Luke which illustrates that Lucas probably didn't have the characters, back-story and plot arc nearly as fleshed-out as he claims. So when when Leia became his sister, it really surprised me. OTOH, when Annakin is building C3PO, that was no surprise at all.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Dick Strawkins wrote:The Twitter abuse report page that oolon was trying to get Benson to use against @funkyderek is interesting to read.

https://support.twitter.com/forms/abusiveuser

oolon is technically correct that @funkyderek was doing something against Benson that could be reported using this form:
Someone on Twitter is engaging in abusive or harassing behavior.

Please fill out all the fields below so we can review your report.

These actions are…

Directed at me (e.g. @mention, name, nickname or pseudonym)
Directed at someone I legally represent (e.g. a client or my child)
Directed at others (e.g. a friend or group)

What are you reporting?

Offensive, disrespectful or in disagreement with my opinion
Harassment
Specific violent threats involving physical safety or well-being
Exposed private information or photo
Someone on Twitter is posting spam

Report details
What username is causing the issue?
@
(e.g. @safety)
Please provide specific Tweets as evidence of this issue.
I'm not sure if this is deliberate by Twitter - a way for them to weed out the idiots who think that disagreement is the same as harassment and who demand a way to make an official complaint about those who have the nerve to disagree with them.
Mykeru dealt with this new reporting tool in his WAM bam video, released a little while ago.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Nec_V20 wrote:You got that half right, I am a counter-troll.

You and others are trying to, as Scientologists say, "Push my buttons". How's that working out for you?

I did say before that my grandfather taught me how to lie perfectly, and I did tell this to the one person here who knows me personally although I don't think they believed me at the time. I have given that person a demonstration with you as my subjects.

The beauty of it is that neither you nor anyone else will ever be able to catch me out in my lies and I find that really amusing.

I am now finding quite a number of you here amusing now that I know how you tick.

As long as people here are trying to get under my skin I will find ever new ways to get under yours.

Happy hunting. :dance:
Oh yeah. We didn't notice AT ALL that you frequently lie and make shit up. Wow, you really fooled us! Golly, you sounded so real. I just can't believe you pulled such a big one over on us. You are obviously a superior human being. Probably at the next evolutionary stage ahead of the game. You should submit yourself to scientific testing in hopes of sharing the secrets of your superiority with the inferior rest of humanity. That's what a great person like you should do, even just to show us lowlifes how much of a humanitarian you are, because surely you are superior in that field too.
Nec_V20 wrote:It's at times like this that I wished I did believe in an afterlife, because my grandfather would be absolutely pissing himself with laughter (or whatever the noncorporeal equivalent would be) at you.

Seriously though, the secret to being able to lie perfectly is so simple that even you could do it.

Actually in a sense you are doing it - well half of it anyway, commensurate with your wit.
I don't think you quite understand. You lie IMPERFECTLY. You are SO crappy at it that I don't think anyone here believes one word you say. Why the fuck are you assuming that your lying is perfect? You are proud of doing something that you never actually did.

I have seen a few of your videos and you cannot be THIS dense.

This is now the third reply and the penny has still not dropped.

I will give you a hint:

For this we'll pretend there is something like an afterlife.

So you have snuffed it and you end up in a room with two identical doors. One door leads to eternal bliss and salvation the other door leads to eternal damnation and suffering.

Each door has a guard in front of it and both guards are identical except in one respect.

The guard in front of the door to eternal salvation can only tell the truth and the guard in front of the door to eternal damnation can only lie.

You have one and only one question you can ask of only one of the guards.

What is the question you need to ask to guarantee going through the door you would like to choose?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tapir wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Darth Vader only has about ten minutes of screen time in the first film, and was obviously intended just to be a henchman of Governor Tarkin, who who was supposed to be the main villain - why else would they hire someone like Peter Cushing to play him?
I might be wrong but I think hiring Peter Cushing was more to do with the actor's guild/union. Star Wars was filmed in the UK so the makers were obliged to hire a certain quota of native talent. Hence the majority of the Empire fleet captains are British.
No. It's an unwritten American Media Fiction law: All dwarfs must have Scottish accents. Bad guys must have English accents. JE Jones only got away with it because he's black -- fucking minority privilege. No white actor could get away with being Darth Vader and not lay on some upper-class English accent...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Badger3k wrote:...

Of course, you can do what I plan on doing - just ignoring her as a sexist pig and doing what I think is correct for the character I'm playing. If I keep playing the game and rerun the campaign to see the other missions, then I may choose that, just as I forced myself to side with the templars over the mages in DA2 (and then didn't get the trophy/achievement when I did, not sure where I screwed up). I'm not going to get worked up over some characters words, but the idea that the devs limited the choices to what sounds like two bad results reminds me of ME3 and the "no good ending" endings. I thought this game might end on a more hopeful note, but maybe that is also a hallmark of the series (only played 3, and didn't finish even though I saw the endings on youtube).
You were supposed to get the trophy is you sided with either side 5 times of the 7 quests. However, there was a bug:

Siding with Orsino or Meredith in Showdown at the opening of Act 3 causes the decision at the end of Best Served Cold to not count if you side with the opposite faction. (Agreeing with Samson and Cullen will not count toward Mage Hunter if you sided with Orsino in Showdown, and vice versa.)

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tribble wrote:
Tapir wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Darth Vader only has about ten minutes of screen time in the first film, and was obviously intended just to be a henchman of Governor Tarkin, who who was supposed to be the main villain - why else would they hire someone like Peter Cushing to play him?
I might be wrong but I think hiring Peter Cushing was more to do with the actor's guild/union. Star Wars was filmed in the UK so the makers were obliged to hire a certain quota of native talent. Hence the majority of the Empire fleet captains are British.
No. It's an unwritten American Media Fiction law: All dwarfs must have Scottish accents. Bad guys must have English accents. JE Jones only got away with it because he's black -- fucking minority privilege. No white actor could get away with being Darth Vader and not lay on some upper-class English accent...
I saw the cgi reissue of Star Wars in 1997 in Dakar. It was dubbed into French and the guy they had doing Vader was just some ordinary sounding schlub. It really diminished the character.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Nec_V20 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I have seen a few of your videos and you cannot be THIS dense.

I will give you a hint:

So you have snuffed it and you end up in a room with two identical doors. One door leads to eternal bliss and salvation the other door leads to eternal damnation and suffering.

Each door has a guard in front of it and both guards are identical except in one respect.

The guard in front of the door to eternal salvation can only tell the truth and the guard in front of the door to eternal damnation can only lie.

What is the question you need to ask to guarantee going through the door you would like to choose?
You ask which door the other guard would choose and then take the other.

Shatterface

Shatterface as Guest

It doesn't actually matter which door which guard stands in front of.

Shatterface

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Nec is Edward Nygma?

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

jimthepleb wrote:

37*0037
18 0074
09 0148
04 0296
02 0592
01 1184
= 1369 

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

Nec_V20 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I have seen a few of your videos and you cannot be THIS dense.

I will give you a hint:

You ask which door the other guard would choose and then take the other.

Shatterface
Close, but no cigar

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploa ... -cigar.jpg

Shatterface as Guest

Nec_V20 wrote:
No, it's correct. If you ask the truthful guard he'll tell you which the liar tell you to would choose; if you ask the liar he lies about the door the truthful guard would tell you to choose.

Either way, if you pick the opposite door you get the door you want.

Shatterface

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Full disclosure: Nec is one of my headmates. Sorry I just can't help it sometimes and he gets to front. Also I am headmates with Loki and I think Loki might be a bad influence on Nec but I have a hard time keep them apart. If anyone has any advance on that I would love to hear it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

jimthepleb wrote:Nec is Edward Nygma?
Edward Nema?

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:

You're probably right. He likely is one of the damaged horde delusionally thinking that he's been trolling us, while all along he's simply made an embarrassing fool of himself. And with so many having him on ignore, even a railed thread couldn't be derailed by him.

It's amazing watching you look in the mirror and then projecting what you see.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

feathers wrote:
Edward Nema?
Edward Scissorhead?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Badger3k wrote: As for the Star Wars movie. A black trooper? Hopefully he's just a rebel in disguise. Since the troopers were all clones of Fett, how would they explain that? Genetic manipulation? Of course, they wouldn't explain it at all.
*plenty of snips*

AFAIK, storm troopers in the later (ie, during the first trilogy) empire are hired, just like our earthly military. I used to have a SW RPG master book where there were some pamphlets to join the Legions. The clone stuff is yet another retcon bullshit by Lucas. I guess it's easier to ignore people being shot and killed when they are clones, as opposed to hopeful kids wishing to make a living by working for the dominating power in the galaxy.
I used to game master that game. I was good at Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu, but couldn't run a D&D game to save my life.

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

dog puke wrote:
feathers wrote:
Edward Nema?
Edward Scissorhead?
Edward Woodward?

Ewar WooWar?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

dog puke wrote:
feathers wrote:
Edward Nema?
Edward Scissorhead?

GenerallyFading wrote:Edward Woodward?
Ewar WooWar?
He is an Ewok? This thread has come full circle.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

jimthepleb wrote:OH yeah it's SUNDAY!! Time for a new Michael Nugent PZ Myers is an arse post. I wonder what he has up his sleeve this week?
It's like Sunday Mass without the cannibalism and soporific homilies. Who will be in the congregation this week? Andy, Ariel or Gunboat Diplomat. So exciting.
I'm worried that there won't be one....

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Tribble wrote:No. It's an unwritten American Media Fiction law: All dwarfs must have Scottish accents.
I've always wondered about this. Was this started by R.A. Salvatore was did someone do it before him?

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

You need to watch this video, at least to the 1:40 point. Too funny.

[youtube]QSKBoO5hBHk[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Nec_V20 wrote:I have seen a few of your videos and you cannot be THIS dense.

I will give you a hint:

Dense about what? Try to actually tell me what it is you're trying to communicate. Never mind copying well known riddles that have nothing to do with this. Just spit it the fuck out. What the fuck are you actually trying to say?

Your incoherent mind rambles just convince me more and more that you are indeed one of the damaged horde at PZ's. Except for your frequent copying of other people's stuff as though it were your own, you don't make any sense. You've got scrambled brains and I'm not referring to your claimed aspieness.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Nec is John Kwok?

feathers

Post by feathers »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Tribble wrote:No. It's an unwritten American Media Fiction law: All dwarfs must have Scottish accents.
I've always wondered about this. Was this started by R.A. Salvatore was did someone do it before him?
Perhaps a remainder of the Migrations in Europe (400-800 CE), when all dwarfs wandered from Scotland to Hollywood.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Nec_V20 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:You're probably right. He likely is one of the damaged horde delusionally thinking that he's been trolling us, while all along he's simply made an embarrassing fool of himself. And with so many having him on ignore, even a railed thread couldn't be derailed by him.

It's amazing watching you look in the mirror and then projecting what you see.
You're like a little kid that repeats over and over, "I know you are, but what am I?".

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

You ask a guard if Nec_V20 is a boring troll. If he says yes, he is honest, choose that door. If no, choose the other door.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

free thoughtpolice wrote:You ask a guard if Nec_V20 is a boring troll. If he says yes, he is honest, choose that door. If no, choose the other door.
You know, I never quite understood that puzzle before now. Thank you. :lol:

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

free thoughtpolice wrote:You ask a guard if Nec_V20 is a boring troll. If he says yes, he is honest, choose that door. If no, choose the other door.
Oh, man. A Jennifer Connelly reference. Not what anyone needed today.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Perhaps a remainder of the Migrations in Europe (400-800 CE), when all dwarfs wandered from Scotland to Hollywood.

There are two types of accents for fantasy characters. English and Scottish. More refined characters are have an English accent/wilder most barbarian types have a Scottish type.

In my own world I used actually historical cultures and made my dwarves Persian.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Ass to ass.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sally Syringe fails to understand that her heartfelt, righteous rage loses much in translation when taken as a #mirrorselfie:

http://i.imgur.com/wniGTQz.png

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

bhoytony wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Ass to ass.
I suppose that that's a better image to have embedded in my mind than the awesome power of the D-cup bra vs Bowie. Grassy-ass.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:OH yeah it's SUNDAY!! Time for a new Michael Nugent PZ Myers is an arse post. I wonder what he has up his sleeve this week?
I'm worried that there won't be one....
Mondays. Current post ('PZ Myers updates his story') made on 24th November, and prior one ('Do your belly dance') on the 20th.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Ass to ass.
I suppose that that's a better image to have embedded in my mind than the awesome power of the D-cup bra vs Bowie. Grassy-ass.
Here's something from my favourite film which I'm sure Clarence will enjoy.

[youtube]lY5gag1ZMdQ[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:How often do you folks talk to feminists on the street, instead of on the interwebs? (Serious question, for once.) A majority of have never heard of any of this shit. Most are some version of a 1st- or 2nd-wave feminist.
I don't think I have ever spoken to one of these people (or someone like them) in real life. Most people I might mention this to, or something like Shirtstorm, have no idea what I'm talking about. Most have never heard of any of these people, even those like Sarkeesian, who are somewhat famous.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Badger3k wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:How often do you folks talk to feminists on the street, instead of on the interwebs? (Serious question, for once.) A majority of have never heard of any of this shit. Most are some version of a 1st- or 2nd-wave feminist.
I don't think I have ever spoken to one of these people (or someone like them) in real life. Most people I might mention this to, or something like Shirtstorm, have no idea what I'm talking about. Most have never heard of any of these people, even those like Sarkeesian, who are somewhat famous.
As I said to PA, I have the same experience, but at least one person yesterday said the opposite, so there does seem to be some variety.

I should add that very few of my friends spend much time on the interwebs ... other than email and HuffPo, with some Google Scholar thrown in.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

If you want to (and you don't) have a conversation with a real-life SJW, go to any non-chain coffeehouse near a campus. They will be there.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Badger3k wrote: As for the Star Wars movie. A black trooper? Hopefully he's just a rebel in disguise. Since the troopers were all clones of Fett, how would they explain that? Genetic manipulation? Of course, they wouldn't explain it at all.
*plenty of snips*

I mentioned that yesterday when a group of us got together - apparently this new movie is set in the future after the original trilogy, and the troopers are now just like a regular army. They got rid of the clones and allow anyone to join up. At least that is what I heard. I had thought this was another prequel.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tigzy wrote:Sally Syringe fails to understand that her heartfelt, righteous rage loses much in translation when taken as a #mirrorselfie:

http://i.imgur.com/wniGTQz.png
:lol:

It's like a metaphor for their (sl)activism and faux outrage.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Nec_ron99 is becoming increasingly obnoxious, but on my tablet it's a couple of swipes until I'm past the bore. I've never understood how some people consider the ability to obfuscate their meaning to be a sign of their own intelligence.

Southern

Post by Southern »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Aneris wrote:Star Wars is exceptionally well designed in almost every regard. I could probably marvel at it endlessly. Its more comparable to Golden Age of Hollywood or Pulp Era style films and books, than to genre science fiction. George Lucas was also a very fine film director who took inspriations from the biggest like Kurosawa and Eisenstein and innovated a great deal in that regard, too. There's the technical achievements in FX making. He was one of the first to take Joseph Campbell seriously and well, that barely scratches the surface.

Star Trek is simply a well made science fiction series and it was well within the Zeitgeist, even if it was also visionary in some sense. A year before original Star Trek, German TV had a series called “Raumpatroille Orion” -- no really...

[youtube]FGcIy76N9sY[/youtube]

Star Treck and Star Wars have nothing in common whatsoever.
That looked really interesting. I just wish it was subtitled or that I knew more than 10 words of German.
Wherever there's a video with German audio, there's potential for Downfallery.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tribble wrote:
Badger3k wrote:...

Of course, you can do what I plan on doing - just ignoring her as a sexist pig and doing what I think is correct for the character I'm playing. If I keep playing the game and rerun the campaign to see the other missions, then I may choose that, just as I forced myself to side with the templars over the mages in DA2 (and then didn't get the trophy/achievement when I did, not sure where I screwed up). I'm not going to get worked up over some characters words, but the idea that the devs limited the choices to what sounds like two bad results reminds me of ME3 and the "no good ending" endings. I thought this game might end on a more hopeful note, but maybe that is also a hallmark of the series (only played 3, and didn't finish even though I saw the endings on youtube).
You were supposed to get the trophy is you sided with either side 5 times of the 7 quests. However, there was a bug:

Siding with Orsino or Meredith in Showdown at the opening of Act 3 causes the decision at the end of Best Served Cold to not count if you side with the opposite faction. (Agreeing with Samson and Cullen will not count toward Mage Hunter if you sided with Orsino in Showdown, and vice versa.)
Damn - that might be what happened. I can't recall what all my choices were, but I might have slipped up.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
They were clones of Jango Fett! Call yourself a Star Wars geek? :snooty:
That's actually a Mr. Plinkett reference if I ever saw one.

dogen

Post by dogen »

comhcinc wrote: There are two types of accents for fantasy characters. English and Scottish. More refined characters are have an English accent/wilder most barbarian types have a Scottish type.

In my own world I used actually historical cultures and made my dwarves Persian.
When I read The Hobbit to my kid, the dwarves were from Yorkshire, and the goblins were nazis. :D