Old subthreads
BlueShiftRhino

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Test ...

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Badger3k wrote:Ahh....so they definitely could have been reported after she received pushback for not reporting it? :think:
That's still my theory, but folks are trying to talk me down.

austin

Post by austin »

another lurker wrote:
I'm part Czech:p

My grandfather was full Czech. Mom 1/2.
Good, you can Czech your privilege, at least partly.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Test ...
Close, but I think you need to work on it some. :/

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:Attila Vinczer is an idiot. Women are evil baby killing (or having) sluts. Dude has anger issues.

That statement could sum up a lot of those people. Some of them are okay Girlwriteswhat (who honestly has some very radical ideas) always comes off as reasonable.

Victor Zen seems to at least to be trying to do good things.

Past that while I enjoy some of Janet Bloomfield's tweets she isn't really helping her cause out at all. But hey I enjoy a good show. :popcorn:
Yeah. Bitches who have babies = selfish whores who want to bleed men and taxpayers dry

Bitches who abort = selfish whores who fuck and run

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Also sometimes twitter will give you a url that says "statuses". If that's in the url, you need to change it to "status" to get the phpbb code to work, iirc.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:
Yeah. Bitches who have babies = selfish whores who want to bleed men and taxpayers dry

All women are evil whores except the ones that support us. Much like FtB. All men are evil rapist except the ones that support us.

If both sides are to be believed then there are no issues. The evil whores are so loose that the evil rapist don't even get a chance to rape.

Oh btw if any evil whores are reading this, get in touch with a brother.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:

All women are evil whores except the ones that support us. Much like FtB. All men are evil rapist except the ones that support us.

If both sides are to be believed then there are no issues. The evil whores are so loose that the evil rapist don't even get a chance to rape.

AVFM /MIRROR/FTB

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

jugheadnaut wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Apples wrote: Classic full of herself (and therefore) full of shit Ophelia - an ignorant failed zookeeper who mistakenly thinks of herself as a highly cultured old crone - grasping for a sarcastic example of something so obvious that it's ridiculous to mention it, naturally claims that a country of 13,000 islands that straddles the equator is "in the southern hemisphere."

http://www.matzakaria.com/fototeks/runi ... quator.jpg
Also, it is not true that
Ireland is separated from the UK by water.
"The UK" is shorthand for "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". Can this dusty old prune please stop trying to use her extremely limited knowledge of the world outside the USA to pretend that she is some kind of international guru.

And please, can someone with Twitter let her know about these two massive mistakes?
Holy crap. To make her point, all she had to do was choose four sentences, any sentences, that are obviously or trivially true. And she chose two false ones. How functionally stupid is she?
Yup. And my comment after this one exposes the other two of the four as being equally fallacious. I should have waited, and done a proper Strawkins-style takedown of thw whole thing. Or else learned how to use the Pit's "Edit" button.... :shhh:

austin

Post by austin »

another lurker wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:

AVFM /MIRROR/FTB
Reminds me of this guy - the mirror male version of an SJW. Quite funny unless you take him seriously.

[youtube]M4Xm6YW2gNw[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

another lurker wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Just a little off topic (is there a topic) rant:

So it seems that Google is asking app developers to provide a physical address in the app description of the google store if they make a profit off of it.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/18 ... ogle-play/

This of course has people up in arms.http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comment ... hers_with/

I'm sorry but to me this is simply the price of doing business. If you are making money with something then you should have a business licenses and be fucking accountable. In my life I have done a couple of side projects where I made a little extra cash. I always had a business licenses and a po box. I also always formed a corporation to protect my ass.

The thing is that android is open. You don't like it post your apps somewhere else. Most of these people's concerns seem to be that "crazies will come get me at my house". Cause that is going to fucking happen.
I'm gonna track you down and kick you in the tires..

Oh wait...
That reminds me of the reason people say about owning guns (disclaimer, I have one - a nice .357 revolver, and lots of other weapons, just not firearms) - and post and repost on Facebook, for example - "I need a gun to protect my family". Unless you live in the wrong neighborhood, or travel through them, odds are probably good that you will never need to use it. I have often thought about asking the ones who post these things - "how many times have you had to use it?" I've known only a couple out of, well, a lot - most of my friends own or have had in the past - and even that is a small percentage. I remember seeing that you were in more danger of getting shot by your own gun (from family? visitors? criminals? all 3?) than by someone breaking in. Never checked to see how accurate, but most of the people I know don't live in the projects or slums and need protection 24/7. The chances of being in a school shooting is incredibly small IIRC, but since it is big news, people think it happens all the time. I think it's a human trait to react to protect despite there being an incredibly small chance of anything ever happening (plus, we seem to suck at some kinds of probabilities IIRC).

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Percentage wrote:I'm getting the impression PZ is losing it a little bit. Love him or hate him, the guy is an idealist and he takes this sort of thing very personally. I think the Thunderf00t schism really genuinely hurt him more than he let on, and obviously losing Dawkins' friendship is a hundred times worse.

He also changed his twitter bio to some ranty splurt about being "proudly feminist" and "raging"; that has been a pattern with SJWs teetering on the deep end. I think the dude might need to step away from the internet.
Sure it's raGing? A G and not a P? :shifty:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

windy wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Well fuck you and your Shermer apathy privilege.

:)
OK, I'll break out of my Shermer apathy stupor for a little while. Alison Smith's explanation seems plausible. She was being extra friendly trying to entice Shermer unknowingly into an uncomfortable situation. She claims it was to educate him, but payback was the more likely motive. But I think this explanation is still more consistent with sex that she regrets, and blames Shermer for, rather than really believing she was raped.
The explanation still sounds pretty strange to me. Would she have let the other panelists in on the plan? Would you want a creep/cad/rapist (pick one) on your sex panel, even for the purpose of getting him to "re-examine his behavior"? She must have been pretty confident that the Perry Mason act would work.
I could say that with regret sex. It might be something that you could shame or change. But actual rape? It's possible she wasn't thinking clearly but the whole "be friends and then trick him and manipulate him" doesn't seem to fit. Possible, but...I don't know, just seems unlikely. Does anyone, that little girl from the Sons of Guns guy, invite him to her birthday party in hopes to shame him into looking at what he did and changing?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Badger3k wrote:I think it's a human trait to react to protect despite there being an incredibly small chance of anything ever happening (plus, we seem to suck at some kinds of probabilities IIRC).
I think they are mostly just full of shit and want to be outrage just because.

http://i.imgur.com/pNZfOnt.jpg

austin

Post by austin »

Why is Pharyngula's motto still "Evolution, development, and random biological ejaculations from a godless liberal." Isn't an ejaculation an ultimate form of male privilege - why not random biological squirts instead, more feminist. Why hasn't he been called out on this yet.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:Ally Fogg has a post up sort of defending Zoe Whatsits and Sarkeesian (http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2014 ... o-grow-up/), and of course everyone, literaly everyone keeps missing the elephant in the room: Horrors are expressed over a few scantily clad or mistreated women character/metaphors in games designed specifically to metaphorize the hack, slash, murder, and bash of billions of men. Anyway, I posted this:
Yes indeed, we should all definitely pay attention to the serious problem here. Some humanist, let alone feminist, balance is called for.

Enough with having sexually objectified and/or mistreated women characters/metaphors in video games. Seriously, fix the real problems here; leave out the token few sexy gals: there’s men to kill! Billions of them. After all, what we’re all really in Gameland for is to hack, slash, murder, and bash boys by the billions … literally, in Gameland, billions of them.

Priorities? How the fuck do they work?
I saw that, and thought about posting, but I had reGretavirus, and by now it's probably too late. This bit in particular is completely fucked up and naive to the max:
Suppose her videos are indeed inaccurate, cherry-picked, unfair attacks on the broad games industry. Well, so what? That would make her an ineffective cultural critic. She would become another one of those rare creatures: someone on the internet who is wrong. Here’s a profound truth about cultural criticism. Critiques are only as powerful as they are accurate. If her videos are completely inaccurate they can be completely ignored.
Yes, they can be completely ignored, and no one, especially no one in the gaming "journalism", who live on click bait and are sometimes apparently infested with True Believers, will just fade away. There have been more than enough strong critiques of her cherry picking and manufacturing the results she wants, but they are the ones that get ignored. Sorry, Ally, you Epic Fail on that point.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

'Here’s a profound truth about cultural criticism. Critiques are only as powerful as they are accurate.'

That has to be one of the most naive statements I have ever read.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Apples wrote: partly I think it's recognizable b/c the artist was working from this iconic and horrifying picture.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/ ... 34x498.jpg

once you see it, you can't unsee it.
That's hair! All this time, I thought it was some sort of head wrapping, like something out of the renaissance or some nuns habit thing. Before I knew it was hair, she does kind of look like some bizarre medieval or renaissance painting. Or maybe Picasso.

Or Geiger.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

guest wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I've got a 7 hour car trip tomorrow. Can anyone recommend some podcasts?
  • Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
    RadioLab
    Star Talk
    This American Life
    99% Invisible
    Science Friday
    Science Talk
    Science Weekly
    Studio 360 Science and Creativity
    Memory Palace
    Fugitive Waves
    TED Talks
    TED Radio Hour
I haven't listend to SGU in a few years, but I do miss The Skeptic Zone - the Aussie version, which to my mind is much better. They have Dr Rachie and the others - Richard Saunders, Maynard, etc (http://skepticzone.tv/aboutus.htm).

austin

Post by austin »

Badger3k wrote:
guest wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I've got a 7 hour car trip tomorrow. Can anyone recommend some podcasts?
  • Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
    RadioLab
    Star Talk
    This American Life
    99% Invisible
    Science Friday
    Science Talk
    Science Weekly
    Studio 360 Science and Creativity
    Memory Palace
    Fugitive Waves
    TED Talks
    TED Radio Hour
I haven't listend to SGU in a few years, but I do miss The Skeptic Zone - the Aussie version, which to my mind is much better. They have Dr Rachie and the others - Richard Saunders, Maynard, etc (http://skepticzone.tv/aboutus.htm).
Alanis Morissette - I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, ...... looped continuously

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:
http://i.imgur.com/chLl9sR.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

sinister wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Re RemieV: Well I guess "says" was the wrong word. Perhaps "suggests". Or maybe she could just explain where the hell her white knights are so I don't have to guess.
I think its pretty telling that all the skeptics are up at arms because you are asking her questions. The "I'm a female victim" card sure works well.
Weakest fucking dogpile I've ever seen. It's like they they are hopping from foot to foot going "ooo" "ahh" "your a liar" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

sinister wrote:Oh boy guys put on your best MRA hats, one of JREFs hug-boxers linked to this thread!

::waves::
Annnnd it's been mod-obliterated. I swear JREF mods have more of a hair-trigger on pit mentions than FtB.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

austin wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
I can finally catch someone in an error! It's Meredith Brooks.

[youtube]bv4q4Kk0Qr0[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

screwtape wrote:\
True story - about 25 years ago I had a patient turn up in the ER with a comminuted fracture of radius and ulna. He had been pumping up a tire and let it go too far and it exploded. The blast shattered the bones in one arm into little tiny bits. When I told my father about it, he worked out the force of the blast (not only an engineer, he was in bomb disposal in the Blitz) and reckoned it was roughly equivalent to a grenade. Ooh, did I just make a grenade post? :o
We learned about that when going to the motor pool in the army. That's why they make those tire cages.

austin

Post by austin »

bovarchist wrote:
austin wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
I can finally catch someone in an error! It's Meredith Brooks.

[youtube]bv4q4Kk0Qr0[/youtube]
Correctamundo, that shows how much I pay attention to these things. Anyway they do sound similar.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Badger3k wrote:
True story - about 25 years ago I had a patient turn up in the ER with a comminuted fracture of radius and ulna. He had been pumping up a tire and let it go too far and it exploded. The blast shattered the bones in one arm into little tiny bits. When I told my father about it, he worked out the force of the blast (not only an engineer, he was in bomb disposal in the Blitz) and reckoned it was roughly equivalent to a grenade. Ooh, did I just make a grenade post? :o
We learned about that when going to the motor pool in the army. That's why they make those tire cages.

Well I learned something new today. This is why I read the pit!

austin

Post by austin »

Just like this classic really cool song (IMO) sounds kinda like Frank Sinatra, though it ain't.

[youtube]SEllHMWkXEU[/youtube]

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Apples wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: ... It's pretty clear that Shermer is what in the old days would be called a cad. When he sees an available woman he's attracted to at a party, he'll try to seduce them. And alcohol will likely be involved. But feminists assume that when a man is 'plying' a woman with alcohol, his goal is usually to incapacitate them for the purpose of having sex. This is actually very rare, and when it happens it is indeed rape. But the goal is usually to lower inhibitions. A woman with lowered inhibitions due to alcohol can still fully consent to sex, but her decision becomes more about short term desires than longer term implications. This type of sex can and frequently does lead to later regret, but in this case it's a mistake, not rape. I certainly don't endorse this kind of behavior. But a man who does it is a 'cad', or in Randi's words a 'bad boy', not a rapist. ...
quoted for lucidity, common-sense, and dedication to reality .... in other words, why the fuck do you hate women so much, you filthy fucking rape apologist scum.
:)

Is there any doubt that's what I would have been called if I posted this as a comment on Pharyngula? And what's ironic is that by feminists' own definitions, their analysis of this situation is sexist:

1) Objectification. When a man is 'plying' a woman with alcohol, she's not a rational adult with freedom of choice, she is just an object with no agency under complete control of a man.

2) Infantilization. Once a woman has had any alcohol, she is no longer a responsible adult responsible for her own choices. Men are morally, and, if they had their way, legally, required to serve as her guardians.

3) Slut shaming. Women can only properly desire sex in the context of a committed relationship. Since a woman would never actually want a one night stand or a fling, her post-alcohol guardians must ignore any expressed desire for sex as being the alcohol talking and not what she really wants.

Generally when women drink significant amounts at parties, they have full knowledge of alcohol's effects and are doing it because of and not in spite of these effects. Just like men. They want a chance to let their hair down and let loose. They want excitement. They want an adventure. And, specific to women, sometimes they want a chance to fully wield their sexual power and enjoy its effect on men. And, if they so choose, fool around or have sex with a man they are attracted to. Anyone who has any significant experience at parties knows this. It's not a surprise that New Puritan Peezus, who married the first woman that let him fuck her, doesn't.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

another lurker wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
tina wrote:
ob2.JPG
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
You know something? It is a double experience week end on EQ2 starting midday and I should be levelling my Fury named Cister Punnisher with her Merc named GenderTraitor RIGHT NOW!!!

But I just can not tear myself away. Fucking LOL!!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

When my bf and I played Anarchy Online it was my job to cum up with character names. We both put on sexy nurse outfits, and he played 'TwoLips' and I played 'Gynie'. My other all time favourite nym, of my naked WoW rogue (she wore a pink bikini with knee high fur boots, nothing else) was Tinkleflower.

http://aomed.tripod.com/images/nurse.gif
I was going to look for "tapping" pics, thought of a yeti in a bikini for laughs, then found this "pervert yeti spies on woman in bikini" story and video:
[youtube]UtmL7NqhAaU[/youtube]

#notallyetis #dontbethatyeti :bjarte:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

austin wrote:
Correctamundo, that shows how much I pay attention to these things. Anyway they do sound similar.

Sexist pig shitlord. Not all women sound a like.

Or

Don't teach women to sound different teach men to tell the difference.g

But really they don't, at all.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Strawwwwwkinnnns... put down your work and BE The Internet!

What's all this about?
I don't think I know this story.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Gumby wrote:Um, what?
What a tool. There isn't a single one of these FtB fuckers that doesn't lie, distort and smear.
The risk factor of being buried in bullshit - being near an FtBer.

Actually, that is one of the stupider things I've heard. The risk factor for being murdered? Being near a murderer! D'oh! I can tell Tidybowl is a

[youtube]YIPr23xyoZg[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I am going to pretend that Mack th.e Knife comment didn't happen so I won't go all rage bloggy

austin

Post by austin »

Badger3k wrote:
I was going to look for "tapping" pics, thought of a yeti in a bikini for laughs, then found this "pervert yeti spies on woman in bikini" story and video:
[youtube]UtmL7NqhAaU[/youtube]

#notallyetis #dontbethatyeti :bjarte:
Destiny will determine if it becomes as infamous as this

[youtube]Us6jo8bl2lk[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

another lurker wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
One of my friends in college was like that. He honestly believed the things he was saying, and you could not convince him otherwise. Pretty sad, really. I'm just guessing that Avi is like that, he might just be trolling or desperate.

I met a guy like that when I briefly worked as a stripper. It was in a bumfuck nowhere town in northern B.C., and this guy was working across the street as a mechanic - changing tires, no less. After my dance, I was invited to sit at a table with him and a bunch of other guys. This fellow took it upon himself to impress all of us with his pure awesomeness. Apparently he 1) was the illegitimate son of the owner of the Luxor in Las Vegas 2) his gf was a hottie who danced at the Cheetah in Las Vegas (made famous in the cult movie Showgirls) 3) he was the personal trainer of Sylvester Stallone and other movie stars

I am sure that there are many other lies that I have forgotten, but those three stand out the most. After he left, the other guys started laughing their asses off in amazement at how someone could make up such blatant lies and repeat it all with a straight face.

I knew one other bullshitter from when I was in the warez scene. This one bragged constantly about how his warez 'fans' sent him free hard drives and 800$ video cards. In fact, he had so many free HDDs that his wife was constantly throwing them in the garbage! And, after getting fired from his 100k a year job as the foreman of a painting crew, he somehow magically got a job working for IBM fixing printers...and within three months was a second line manager! He also told us about how his step-dad is a genius like Einstein, and his mom gave him 30k after he divorced because she always had mad cash on hand. Most of his lies were an attempt to one-up other group members - if one person was going to buy a Lexus, Mr Bullshitter already had one! If one person got a promotion, well Mr Bullshitter did one better, and so on! After he left the group, I talked to the other members, and it turned out that everyone just humoured him, thank god.

What amazes me, however, is that people like this can just sit there, make shit up, and expect everyone to take their lies at face value? I mean, how lacking in self-awareness do you have to be?

Bonus: not bullshit, but I knew another warez dude who claimed not to be racist, but he basically whined about those fucking 'ninjas' all the damn time. See, it's not that he doesn't like ninjas, it's just that ninjas are all shit goddamnit! Fucking lazy assed ninjas!
My friend would play CDs of Duran Duran, Sting, or ... someone else too, can't remember. He had a friend who recorded that, not the actual singer, he was invited to sing in when the original was sick, so the CD recording was him! (not my friend, but a friend of his). The group/singer changed, as did his voice, apparently. He also stayed at the college over one of the breaks, and he talked about this mysterious "vampire-like" guy who was wondering the empty halls, making huge (30') leaps around then vanishing into the night. Only no one else saw him. His singer friend was also the spitting image of a comic character, some kind of metrosexual character from some indie comic I never read and can vaguely remember the name of. Ah, the memories. Distant Soil? Yes - that was it.

austin

Post by austin »

comhcinc wrote:I am going to pretend that Mack th.e Knife comment didn't happen so I won't go all rage bloggy
Good, short memories are beneficial.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

tina wrote:
OB1.JPG
Just a matter of time....
Why does Nugent love harassing wombyn so much?!? :shock:

Seriously though, I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm predicting about 5-6 social justice blogs "showing solidarity" by denouncing Nugent and calling him a rape defender.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

austin wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I am going to pretend that Mack th.e Knife comment didn't happen so I won't go all rage bloggy

My plan is to remain on good terms with you for about five years then claim that you at least almost raped me.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Badger3k wrote:I'll be here all weekend, depending on games. :rimshot:
Should I try the veal?
It is very fresh.

[youtube]caj6zPDwKTk[/youtube]

austin

Post by austin »

comhcinc wrote:
austin wrote:

My plan is to remain on good terms with you for about five years then claim that you at least almost raped me.
I almost did it with the mis-Bitch attribution, for the record.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:I'm part Czech:p

My grandfather was full Czech. Mom 1/2.

I think I am thinking of something else.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... x-Pile.jpg
I'm a mutt - Polish, Danish, German, Czech, Bohemian. I am not, however, a beatnik or hippy, despite long hair.

(however, I do have a Grove that some....people....use occasionally...for purely recreational appointments. Nothing about world domination, or anything like that... :whistle: )

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Badger3k wrote:Ahh....so they definitely could have been reported after she received pushback for not reporting it? :think:
The update from the 12th might be against it, but I have no idea where in the timeline it would fit, and it is possible it was missed through just human error. If she did do it initially, you'd think she would show the date or initial report (redacted) as direct evidence and a weapon against her opponents. If she doesn't, it doesn't add credibility to her case, but it isn't evidence against it either. Just my thoughts. She's lied enough about it, and I doubt it's a crime to say you reported something to the police and didn't, and I doubt any evidence against her would gain much traction against the white knights sucking up to here. She could eat babies in public and she'd be lauded for it.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:
http://i.imgur.com/chLl9sR.jpg
I wanted to check out the last video mentioned, where he talks about 'political remixing', which sounds like a euphemism for propagandizing. Got an 'unavailable' message. Hmm... maybe something embarrassing there? So I found another copy. I've only watched a few minutes of it and there's nothing really juicy there yet that could be used against Sarkeesian, but, yes, he effectively describes his work as mixing and framing existing videos to propagandize for social justice.

And he has the mark of the uber-douche: a man over the age of 20 who wears a baseball cap cocked sideways.

[youtube]-sWWVtlc7xU[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Badger3k wrote:
I'm a mutt - Polish, Danish, German, Czech, Bohemian. I am not, however, a beatnik or hippy, despite long hair.

(however, I do have a Grove that some....people....use occasionally...for purely recreational appointments. Nothing about world domination, or anything like that... :whistle: )

I have no clue what I am. I think there is some Irish and Scottish and maybe German and American Indian. My last name is way too generic to track down

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

austin wrote:
Badger3k wrote: I haven't listend to SGU in a few years, but I do miss The Skeptic Zone - the Aussie version, which to my mind is much better. They have Dr Rachie and the others - Richard Saunders, Maynard, etc (http://skepticzone.tv/aboutus.htm).
Not - "Friday" - or "Call Me Maybe"? Just not that cruel?
It's a bit late, now, but I have a ton of teaching company lessons that I have to listen to - a course would normally take more than 7 hours, though. The Graphic Audio line of "books" - more like old school radio dramas than somebody just reading a book - are excellent. Have most of the super-hero ones. Justice League, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Judge Dredd (ok, that might be someone else). All good fun to listen to for long rides.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

jugheadnaut wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:uber late night fumbled key snip
So as not to be sexist, Anita in one of her pre-trope videos, I think the one where she says she dislikes video games states she also has a background in mashing up videos and giving to give them different meanings.

I think what I am supposed to take away is this is some form of video deconstructionism, a cultural/literary critique of the video, but what I did take away was ... oh, this is the exact sort of propagandistic cherry picking, context distorting, agenda driving, fundraising bullshit she implemented in tropes.

I thought it very nicely went with that first video where she is extolling the profit possibilities to small businesses of small video series.

The two together explain 99% of her business model and how and why she distorts games in her videos.

So it doesn't have to be her boyfriend Svengali, ...

austin

Post by austin »

A late night short classic for anyone who hasn't seen this before....

[youtube]0kK1YgR7J0g[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

another lurker wrote:
Badger3k wrote:

Well I learned something new today. This is why I read the pit!
We didn't see it, but the unit did lose a soldier when they tried to do it in the field, I think - the tire exploded and pretty much he did too. Happened a few weeks before I arrived, IIRC - could be completely wrong about it, though, it was around 25 years ago and I may be mixing up a story or example with reality. They did show us some safety videos sometime about tires exploding - maybe basic, or something? Vague memories, and maybe that's where I remember the incident. I definitely would not like to work on one of those tires without one, though.

James Caruthers

Pogsurf wrote: Logic 101 with Oafie

If you think you have been defamed, you must not make that claim, because that is a threat, which is worse.
You see this gimmick being used all over the nogodosphere whenever a FTBlogger, A+er or Skepchick wants the freedom to defame others without consequences. It's hardly unique to her.

James Caruthers

Opyt wrote:Pogsurf:
More like "Your cishetdudebro laws about Defamation of Character don't apply to me."
Laws in general are oppressive to wocks, pocks and social justice activists! They were created by the patriarchy and must be destroyed and replaced by college tribunals run by feminist allies!

James Caruthers

Jan Steen wrote:Richard Dawkins called Adam Lee a liar on Twitter. Adam Lee protests, asks for evidence.

*Reads Adam Lee's hit piece in the Guardian.*
Richard Dawkins has involved himself in some of these controversies, and rarely for the better – as with his infamous “Dear Muslima” letter in 2011, in which he essentially argued that, because women in Muslim countries suffer more from sexist mistreatment, women in the west shouldn’t speak up about sexual harassment or physical intimidation.
Dawkins was too kind. Practically every sentence is, like this quote, either a straight lie, a deliberate misrepresentation, or tendentious propaganda. The dishonesty of people like Adam Lee is simply mind boggling. How can he look to himself in a mirror and not be ashamed of being such a worthless, lying parasite? I now have a higher opinion of bed bugs and tape worms than of Adam Lee. He can join Zvan and Myers in the race for the most despicable figure in the a/s movement.
I wish SOMEONE would finally take these assholes to court on a defamation, libel or slander charge. I realize it's expensive, but someone like Dawkins has the money to pursue it.

While I fully support free speech and freedom of the press, those are NOT licenses to print in newspapers whatever baseless accusations you think will best destroy your political opponents.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

JacquesCuze wrote:
So as not to be sexist, Anita in one of her pre-trope videos, I think the one where she says she dislikes video games states she also has a background in mashing up videos and giving to give them different meanings.

I think what I am supposed to take away is this is some form of video deconstructionism, a cultural/literary critique of the video, but what I did take away was ... oh, this is the exact sort of propagandistic cherry picking, context distorting, agenda driving, fundraising bullshit she implemented in tropes.

I thought it very nicely went with that first video where she is extolling the profit possibilities to small businesses of small video series.

The two together explain 99% of her business model and how and why she distorts games in her videos.

So it doesn't have to be her boyfriend Svengali, ...
I agree that there's no real evidence he's playing a Svengali role. He's the one doing the editing and probably most of the content gathering. But there's no reason to believe it's not a team effort. Based on his dull presentation here, he very well may not be the main writer of the scripts. But I'm guessing those scripts are also a "carefully concocted mix" of soundbites and phrases from various sources of feminist literature and Wikipedia.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

I am not sure exactly what has happened but it appears that part of the GamerGate fallout is that something happened over at 4chan recently that resulted in a new board. I dunno what exactly is true except that 8chan is now a thing.

https://8chan.co

James Caruthers

sinister wrote:Oh boy guys put on your best MRA hats, one of JREFs hug-boxers linked to this thread!

::waves::
Is this a good time for my theory that all women are slootz and bitches be totes cray-cray?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I am not sure exactly what has happened but it appears that part of the GamerGate fallout is that something happened over at 4chan recently that resulted in a new board. I dunno what exactly is true except that 8chan is now a thing.

BAsically if you try to talk about gg you get banned and the thread is deleted. Seems that at least one of the mods is buddy with Qunn and it's rumored that Moot was at that big conference a couple of weeks ago that Antia gave her big talk at.

There are a lot of chans

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
fwiw, Rhino, I'm with you. My hackles are up about it, and I hope we found out one way or another when, exactly, the first complaints were made.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

zenbabe wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
fwiw, Rhino, I'm with you. My hackles are up about it, and I hope we found out one way or another when, exactly, the first complaints were made.

There was suppose to be a release by the police. I have heard it talked about but not seen it. It might help to see it.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

:D

James Caruthers

austin wrote:Gosh - attacking Michael Nugent now, that's not much different than going after Jaclyn Glenn. Attacking mushy fluff. I guess there's not much left to fight, picking at the bones.
They must establish complete consensus. Even a soft target is worth shredding in the public arena of their blogging network, for the edification of the faithful.