Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
LurkerPerson

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by LurkerPerson »

Also, that post about the dog with the toy isn't what got bhoytony's best post award, I'm not even sure if you fuckers are doing that on purpose. Can I get a link to that huge post actually?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Criminal responsibility in the U.K. is 10 years old. Oggy raped those little girls when he was 12 I think. I don't think this needs any further discussion.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Opyt wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
bhoytony wrote:The comments are suddenly rolling in again at Pezus' shithole. I think somebody has hit a nerve. Ouch!

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/HQc4Gh8.png[/img]
You have an H index of 8 and you teach at the school ranked 139th http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... orris-2389 . You go, girl!
To be far more fair to him than he is to his enemies: "good" is subjective. It could just mean a university that puts up with his bullshit.
True. Plus, Morris boasts that it's a good school to send your "B student son or daughter" and there's a true need for those places ...

... as long as said daughter doesn't look like a mermaid.

Related to the above, has anyone caught the irony (or give-away POE nym) of there being a person called "Ariel" defending Myers on MN's blog? Ariel - for those without kids - is the name of this character:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 56-556.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Benson has just gotten in the Skeptickle doxxing act. No point providing a link, because it's mostly Peez's work (including the link, plus the call to contact her employer), as you would expect.

Silly old cow.

queequack

Post by queequack »

In terms of Myers' career, he is a professor who I assume probably has tenure at this point. Maybe he's not as successful or respected as he'd like to be (although he does have some low-level fame due to his atheist activism), but that's not the same as being a trainwreck. Hell, I wish I had his giant platform.

piero

Post by piero »

Git wrote:Welcome Queequack, I shall follow up Aneris with some more Links for you:

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Com ... s_full.jpg
Hey, those are MY lynx!

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Criminal responsibility in the U.K. is 10 years old. Oggy raped those little girls when he was 12 I think. I don't think this needs any further discussion.
My personal opinion is that I was able to know rape was wrong when I was 12.

I'm not saying Oggie should serve a full rape sentence. But I think he needs to confess to the proper authorities, they need to track down those girls and he needs to see the inside of a court room. After all these years, in all likelihood, he would not do any jail time.

But the girls deserve closure IF they were raped (btw I kinda doubt any of this story is true) and Oggie probably could use a little closure as well.

Unlike FTB, I believe people who commit crimes or are accused of crimes should go to court and have the matter settled in the courts.

tina

Post by tina »

James Caruthers wrote:
tina wrote:PZ - "To say I’m disgusted is an understatement. I think the UW hospital should know what one of their doctors does in her spare time, so I’m not going to shy away from mentioning her name."

Really?

Maybe the University of Morris should know that one of their employees goes around accusing people of rape, sexual harrasment, misogyny bla bla bla, in his spare time?
That was kind of my point earlier about the telephone calls.

PZ has relied almost entirely on the goodwill and just conduct of his ideological opponents. Nobody has tried to do to him what he has done to so many others. He brazenly slings criminal accusations sans evidence and reveals dox because hey, why not! No consequences!

Unlike when he does it, any "stooping to his level" would involve purely factual information about his activities.
Yes. If the horde go after our beloved Skep though, who knows? The Pyt will get frightfully cross about it.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

queequack wrote:In terms of Myers' career, he is a professor who I assume probably has tenure at this point. Maybe he's not as successful or respected as he'd like to be (although he does have some low-level fame due to his atheist activism), but that's not the same as being a trainwreck. Hell, I wish I had his giant platform.
He's an associate prof, so that means tenure (in 99% of the cases), but it's not the highest rank.

From what I can tell, he had two pubs relatively early and quickly, which may have given him the belief that he was on a steep trajectory. After that ... crickets. Literally, lately.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

LurkerPerson wrote:Also, that post about the dog with the toy isn't what got bhoytony's best post award, I'm not even sure if you fuckers are doing that on purpose. Can I get a link to that huge post actually?
What??

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

He could've had a much bigger and more important one, but po-mo cryptomarxist sociology nonsense is obviously dearer to his heart than science or atheism. One wonders why he insists on keeping those labels, scientist, atheist, skepticism, "freethought". More than that, he insists he and his ilk have the only proper and moral form of it, atheism informed by their SJW tumblrisms. I find it pretty funny that the organized atheist community (an oxymoron in the first place) is experience schisms and sides calling the other the equivalent of heretics. Mysoginist, racist, rapist, these are the new accusations of heresy.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

windy wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: Everyone was a dick to everyone else since the dawn of time, and it's still happening. But yeah, it was more acceptable in the past to openly advocate genocide, because hey, fuck those guys, our tribe wants all that cool shit they have! This happened regardless of race. I have never heard of a modern black man crying over the plight of Egyptians conquered by the Nubians. :)

But in the SJW world, whitey has to apologize, kiss ass and become a SJW toilet slave in order to forgive their Original Sin. It makes me sad to see groups like the Swedes, Finns and Swiss accused of "white privilege" and "white supremacy." When did they ever enslave black people?
The more you know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_slave_trade

The crazy starts where those historical events are used to argue that modern immigrants from the Middle East, North and East Africa are "racially oppressed" because of Sweden's "colonialist history" :bjarte:
Oh, so two hundred years before today? :bjarte:
During the raids, the Vikings often captured and enslaved militarily weaker peoples they encountered, but took the most slaves in raids of the British Isles and Slavs in Eastern Europe
None of which are black...
Between 1784 and 1878, the country held minor colonies in the Caribbean. The Swedish island Saint-Barthélemy functioned as a duty-free port and became a major center for the Caribbean slave trade. Slaves were brought in tax free by foreign vessels and the Swedish king made a profit by collecting an export tax when slaves were shipped out. Sweden was also a major supplier of iron chains used in the slave trade.[6]

In 1847, slavery was abolished in all parts of Sweden, including the colonies, on the basis of a decision taken in 1846.[7] Slavery was ruled in Saint-Barthélemy under the Ordinance concerning the Police of Slaves and free Coloured People[8] dated 30 July 1787, original[9] in French dated 30 June 1787. The last legally owned slaves in the Swedish colony of Saint-Barthélemy were bought free by the state on October 9, 1847.[10]
So the Brits and the Slavs and the Caribbeans have maybe a slight reason to grumble about shit that happened hundreds of years ago.

Anyone want to bet those are not the groups screaming "oppression! racism! white supremacy!" at the Swedes? As you say, it's (at best) someone who's great-grandfather was a part of the American or British slave trade, which was ended well before their birth.

Or are SJWs really going to hold modern-day Swedes responsible for the iron some Swedes from 250 years ago made, fashioned into chains and sold to meet market demand created by what other countries were doing?

Sweden seems like the least racist place in the world, or I should say, seemed like. Thanks to SJWs, they have lots of lovely antiracist thugs, muslim rape/beheading gangs, and home-grown nationalist reactionaries now.

:cdc:

Well done.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

bhoytony wrote:
LurkerPerson wrote:Also, that post about the dog with the toy isn't what got bhoytony's best post award, I'm not even sure if you fuckers are doing that on purpose. Can I get a link to that huge post actually?
What??
Hmm nm, I'm thinking about ServiceDog actually.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote:Benson has just gotten in the Skeptickle doxxing act. No point providing a link, because it's mostly Peez's work (including the link, plus the call to contact her employer), as you would expect.

Silly old cow.
I think we should contacts Oafie's employer and ....oh.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

bhoytony wrote:The comments are suddenly rolling in again at Pezus' shithole. I think somebody has hit a nerve. Ouch!

http://i.imgur.com/HQc4Gh8.png
Your dream of being at the big boy table in the atheist/skeptic movement is in a tailspin(and the wings have come off mr. Fifth horseman)

Your career on the other hand is a dead end job at a safety school,( you know second choice school)

I work with porters who make more than you do.(just saying)

piero

Post by piero »

Having read the relevant post by Skep Tickle, it clearly comes across as humorous speculation and a (patently obvious) joke about the "coincidence". Myers has unmasked himself for nothing: he has indelibly branded himself as a nasty piece of fly-ridden excrement just because he was offended. Nice going. What's next, a homicidal rampage motivated by a nervous breakdown? Myers needs help.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

LurkerPerson wrote:He could've had a much bigger and more important one, but po-mo cryptomarxist sociology nonsense is obviously dearer to his heart than science or atheism. One wonders why he insists on keeping those labels, scientist, atheist, skepticism, "freethought". More than that, he insists he and his ilk have the only proper and moral form of it, atheism informed by their SJW tumblrisms. I find it pretty funny that the organized atheist community (an oxymoron in the first place) is experience schisms and sides calling the other the equivalent of heretics. Mysoginist, racist, rapist, these are the new accusations of heresy.
You know what I find amusing about that last bit? The fact that many misogynists, racists, and rapists ARE atheists and there is abso-fucking-lutely nothing that any of us can do about that.

Fortunately, I am not responsible for the actions of people with whom I share one belief (or lack of belief, in this case). But I can still be injured by folks who drag irrelevant shit into atheism.

queequack

Post by queequack »

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, everybody!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
queequack wrote:In terms of Myers' career, he is a professor who I assume probably has tenure at this point. Maybe he's not as successful or respected as he'd like to be (although he does have some low-level fame due to his atheist activism), but that's not the same as being a trainwreck. Hell, I wish I had his giant platform.
He's an associate prof, so that means tenure (in 99% of the cases), but it's not the highest rank.

From what I can tell, he had two pubs relatively early and quickly, which may have given him the belief that he was on a steep trajectory. After that ... crickets. Literally, lately.

Nothing in Myers publication record signifies someone on a steep trajectory at any point in his scientific career.
And taking a post in Morris Minnesota is pretty much an admission that he have given up all dreams of doing anything connected with research.
So the disillusionment with his failure as a scientist is something he must have come to terms with long ago.
I think the major thing that affected him in recent years was a different kind of failure - his failure to become the fifth horseman of new atheism.
He tried to become the American Dawkins.
Instead he turned out to be the American Anthony Flew (and not the young brilliant one.)

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

queequack wrote:Oh, and thanks for the welcome, everybody!
Fuck off!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

bhoytony wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Benson has just gotten in the Skeptickle doxxing act. No point providing a link, because it's mostly Peez's work (including the link, plus the call to contact her employer), as you would expect.

Silly old cow.
I think we should contacts Oafie's employer and ....oh.
She does have an employer.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Criminal responsibility in the U.K. is 10 years old. Oggy raped those little girls when he was 12 I think. I don't think this needs any further discussion.
Fuck him. He knew it was wrong at the time.

http://i.imgur.com/Ef6leHc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1AdHOaX.jpg

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

You're probably thinking of Service Dog's post. The 'slymepit backchannel' post.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

some guy wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:... Doxxing and trying to fuck with real-world careers because you can't handle the OPINION someone offered about your medical condition is really over the line.
I'd encourage you to read Skepticle's original "gonorrhea" post before you parrot how it has been characterized. (TL;DL: she *didn't* seriously diagnose his condition as being due to gonorrhea).

viewtopic.php?p=199605#p199605

(It's post # 26158 in this thread. And sorry for a repost of this information (which Strawkins ninja'd me on anyway. A "Fuck off" to anyone upset by that.))
I don't know what the hysterical spokesgay and the other cretinous bottom dwellers at Pharyngula are going to try and do about this, but personally I'd bet that Skeptickle's workplace will tell them to fuck off. Because this:
anthony K wrote: If this MD hasn’t seen PZ’s medical records, then how does s/he know of his diagnosis?

I do know such breaches occur all the time. I’m aware, for example, via hearsay from medical and nursing students, that it’s not uncommon for instructors to bring up a certain famous actress as an example of Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, despite the fact that if they have seen her medical records, they’re obligated not to talk about them without permission (and she hasn’t granted permission), and if they haven’t, they’re talking out of their asses.

It’s kind of a bugbear for me, since I work with health data and take patient privacy and confidentiality extremely seriously.
Yeah, brownian, I used to work with protected health information as well, and there is no evidence that Skep had any access to PZ's charts. She was commenting on information that he'd made publicly available on his blog, which is non-confidential by definition. If the horde is planning to call up her hospital and accuse her of spraying protected health information all over the internet, its going to look awfully weird that the person whose confidentiality she supposedly violated lives two time zones away from her.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Silly old cow.
Maybe we should call/write or whatever they're calling people to do. You know, to like, stand up for her.

I'll wait until Skep can comment on this idea (If it makes it worse, etc...)

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Old_ones wrote:
some guy wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:... Doxxing and trying to fuck with real-world careers because you can't handle the OPINION someone offered about your medical condition is really over the line.
I'd encourage you to read Skepticle's original "gonorrhea" post before you parrot how it has been characterized. (TL;DL: she *didn't* seriously diagnose his condition as being due to gonorrhea).

viewtopic.php?p=199605#p199605

(It's post # 26158 in this thread. And sorry for a repost of this information (which Strawkins ninja'd me on anyway. A "Fuck off" to anyone upset by that.))
I don't know what the hysterical spokesgay and the other cretinous bottom dwellers at Pharyngula are going to try and do about this, but personally I'd bet that Skeptickle's workplace will tell them to fuck off. Because this:
anthony K wrote: If this MD hasn’t seen PZ’s medical records, then how does s/he know of his diagnosis?

I do know such breaches occur all the time. I’m aware, for example, via hearsay from medical and nursing students, that it’s not uncommon for instructors to bring up a certain famous actress as an example of Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, despite the fact that if they have seen her medical records, they’re obligated not to talk about them without permission (and she hasn’t granted permission), and if they haven’t, they’re talking out of their asses.

It’s kind of a bugbear for me, since I work with health data and take patient privacy and confidentiality extremely seriously.
Yeah, brownian, I used to work with protected health information as well, and there is no evidence that Skep had any access to PZ's charts. She was commenting on information that he'd made publicly available on his blog, which is non-confidential by definition. If the horde is planning to call up her hospital and accuse her of spraying protected health information all over the internet, its going to look awfully weird that the person whose confidentiality she supposedly violated lives two time zones away from her.
Anthony K is a weird, paranoid nut.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

NoGodsEver wrote:BTW I know for a FACT that he had gonorrhea, and it was a very bad case of it, too. I know it the same way you know anything for certain. Carrie Poppy fucking told me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

piero wrote:Elwick says:
Studies have shown that nearly all rapists (98.7%) refer to the va**na as a c**t. Don't use the word as it is a rapism.
Why vag**na? Is plain vagina a rapism too? Maybe he thinks it's a dirty word...
I enjoy Vagna, especially The Ring of the Nibbling.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

bhoytony wrote:FFS
Haha! I'm getting the Poe vibe from those who are throwing shit at the Poe. I have no idea what is real anymore on here, and may hve to go and lie down while I whittle some new spoons from driftwood found on the beach.

But the best thing is you're one of those people who gets really pissed off by other people. I love guys like you, you're brilliant fun to watch melting down!

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
LurkerPerson wrote:He could've had a much bigger and more important one, but po-mo cryptomarxist sociology nonsense is obviously dearer to his heart than science or atheism. One wonders why he insists on keeping those labels, scientist, atheist, skepticism, "freethought". More than that, he insists he and his ilk have the only proper and moral form of it, atheism informed by their SJW tumblrisms. I find it pretty funny that the organized atheist community (an oxymoron in the first place) is experience schisms and sides calling the other the equivalent of heretics. Mysoginist, racist, rapist, these are the new accusations of heresy.
You know what I find amusing about that last bit? The fact that many misogynists, racists, and rapists ARE atheists and there is abso-fucking-lutely nothing that any of us can do about that.

Fortunately, I am not responsible for the actions of people with whom I share one belief (or lack of belief, in this case). But I can still be injured by folks who drag irrelevant shit into atheism.
Well, it's done regularly on the pit too. Although that's more about wanting to give them a taste of their own medicine, hold them up to the same ridiculous standards they apply to everyone else. It's cries of "heretic", but said mostly in a sarcastic and mocking tone. I don't think Myers is a tentacle rape fetishist pervert, or lusting after Watson, or really fantasizes about his class being nude. I think sometimes the pit gets too carried away and starts to believe it's own trolling. I think all of those were just Myers trying to be "edgy" and failing. It would be considered a Class A Thoughtcrime according to the horde's standards, but, we all know the refrain, "it's different when we do it".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/HQc4Gh8.png
You have an H index of 8 and you teach at the school ranked 139th http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... orris-2389 . You go, girl!
Fuck, it's easy to get this idiot to take the bait.

The whole Fifth Horseman thing was just a bad dream, eh? Months & months of reporting how many words he'd written of Natural Revolution? -- just for shits & giggles.

I'm no Buck Brannaman, but at least I don't accuse Buck Brannaman of being a serial rapist.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Parody Accountant wrote:

Silly old cow.
Maybe we should call/write or whatever they're calling people to do. You know, to like, stand up for her.

Why am I imagining drunken phone calls from all over the world at all hours,

"Skeptickle rocks! She is like the most awesome... You know... Oh and PZ Meyers sucks monkey nuts!...click"

The poor receptionist looking at the phone thinking" this shits getting old"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

queequack wrote:
If you expect nuance, subtlety and careful consideration from a "suck site" (which is pretty much what the Slymepit is), you may need to Lurk Moar.
Ok, but it's a pretty serious accusation though. And even beyond the rapist himself, just allowing an adult to talk about his sex crimes on your Web site is deeply shitty. But the ogvorbis situation, I really do think that's categorically different.
Great. Let's move on to the next point: how do feel about PZ Myers, a college professor, posting on his blog sex dreams about his female students?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Spike13 wrote:Peezus: "surmising that I acquired it while associating with the skepchiks "

Nobody, but nobody, would ever, in their sickest ,most depraved, twisted imaginations ever think that you goy " lucky with one of the skeptricks.

Ever

Take a good hard look at yourself. You are no ones idea of a good time.

You couldn't wet a vagina in a women's prison with a fist full of pardons.

You look like an unmade bed and probably smell like feet and swamp ass.

Do not flatter yourself. You only make yourself look more pathetic.
Peezus: "surmising that I acquired it while associating with the skepchiks "
:icon-lol:
I'm pretty sure I was one of them. Hey Peez! I was joking!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yes it was.

queequack

Post by queequack »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
queequack wrote:
If you expect nuance, subtlety and careful consideration from a "suck site" (which is pretty much what the Slymepit is), you may need to Lurk Moar.
Ok, but it's a pretty serious accusation though. And even beyond the rapist himself, just allowing an adult to talk about his sex crimes on your Web site is deeply shitty. But the ogvorbis situation, I really do think that's categorically different.
Great. Let's move on to the next point: how do feel about PZ Myers, a college professor, posting on his blog sex dreams about his female students?
I don't know anything about that either. On his blog, or during his talks? It sounds pretty weird.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:I'm not worried about anything JUSTIFIED happening to anyone; not even Matt. But doxxing and all that goes with it does not depend on justification.

This is one of the reasons that I'm not hugely impressed by #GamerGate's success with Intel (especially what just happened with the idiot from Dell). It's about making the squeaking stop - not fixing the squeaky wheel.
OK I will bite. What did happen to him?

(Note that I did predict he has hurt Dell and the only question what how much?)

sinister

Post by sinister »

Well I imagine Michael Nugent is starting to gather no apology will be forthcoming. PZ doxxing someone has to kick home the belief that perhaps fence sitting DOES hurt the community by empowering and enabling these people. This has to come to an end sometime, right?

These people spend years creating an unsafe and unwelcoming online community and have the temerity to point at the Slymepit as being the source of the problem? They are less than bottom feeders. They are the scum they pretend to be fighting against.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Spike13 wrote:C'mon, BSR I said grade school not grad school... Anyone in grad school still getting his head stuffed In a toilet would need lots of counseling ....

Wait a minute...
OK. I no longer reading carefully, the typos are going through the roof, and I just went and posted a limerick on MN's blog. It must be time to log off.
:o :D :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Parody Accountant wrote:

Silly old cow.

I'd say no to amplification.

I see that bitch-hyena thinks she scored a hoof or two.

http://i.imgur.com/5YRNxQA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9FM9nTV.jpg

She seems very smug for someone dumb enough to xxxxxx. Lucky the pit doesn't doxx - no matter the temptation.

strayling

Post by strayling »

Aneris wrote:1) Skeppers was doxxed before, Stephanie Zvan and Ophelia Benson did it last year. But this adds another dimension to it. Amazing to what they are capable when they see an opportunity. Also interesting how they have no apparent qualms with causing someone trouble. Note that Skep Ticke is Y-chromosome-challenged and therefore in their eyes extra fragile and in need of protection and a friendly environment. Perhaps PZ Myers and his commentariat aren't aware of that they might come across slightly unfriendly when they threaten to call employers or other people and cause trouble?

2) PZ Myers copy pasted the Facebook page and it is that terribly formatted. Technically speaking he isn't stealing traffing from the blog.
1) The new part is the more overt threats accompanying the dox. Smells like desperation to me.

2) "Traffing" sounds delicious. I imagine it as a pork-rind and treacle pub snack.

sinister

Post by sinister »

I like that Michael Nugent asked PZ to expose the rapists, and he doxxes a doctor. I guess that will show everyone where all those bad people are hiding.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

It would be nice when a member of the whored joins the Pit, they would do so with their whored name.

And stop acting like this is your first day in the a/s community, it's wearing thin.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

strayling wrote:
Aneris wrote:1) Skeppers was doxxed before, Stephanie Zvan and Ophelia Benson did it last year. But this adds another dimension to it. Amazing to what they are capable when they see an opportunity. Also interesting how they have no apparent qualms with causing someone trouble. Note that Skep Ticke is Y-chromosome-challenged and therefore in their eyes extra fragile and in need of protection and a friendly environment. Perhaps PZ Myers and his commentariat aren't aware of that they might come across slightly unfriendly when they threaten to call employers or other people and cause trouble?

2) PZ Myers copy pasted the Facebook page and it is that terribly formatted. Technically speaking he isn't stealing traffing from the blog.
1) The new part is the more overt threats accompanying the doxx .....
Correct. This is a declaration of war. Circa June 1941.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

queequack wrote:

I don't know anything about that either. On his blog, or during his talks? It sounds pretty weird.
See our Peez by his own admission, has always been a basket case around women.

When ever he makes a ribald comment or joke, it always comes out wrong and quickly goes into creeper territory.

An excellent example of Peezy cringe theatre can be seen on one of Thundrf00ts early anti PZ videos.

He is performing some kind of audience member participation gag, when the woman from the audience comes up to the podium he makes a comment about her winning sex with him later.

You almost feel bad for the doofus.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

queequack wrote: I don't know anything about that either.
Be serious.

sinister

Post by sinister »

DW Adams wrote:It would be nice when a member of the whored joins the Pit, they would do so with their whored name.

And stop acting like this is your first day in the a/s community, it's wearing thin.
Yeah, that was an incredibly weak character. At least make it difficult to spot!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
bhoytony wrote:FFS
Haha! I'm getting the Poe vibe from those who are throwing shit at the Poe. I have no idea what is real anymore on here, and may hve to go and lie down while I whittle some new spoons from driftwood found on the beach.

But the best thing is you're one of those people who gets really pissed off by other people. I love guys like you, you're brilliant fun to watch melting down!
I am literally crying rage tears

Dan

Post by Dan »

This could explain Peezus' behavior over the past few years
http://askville.amazon.com/Neurosyphili ... d=15159307

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:

Google scholar says he's got a couple of pubs with 3-digits citation numbers, which is pretty good, but somehow he just stopped publishing in the mid-90s.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en ... 5&as_sdtp=

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Myers uses the legalistic sounding phrase "gross breach of medical ethics". How did he determine what the medical code which Skeptickle works to is, and reach his judgement that this is indeed a breach? Does he have training in medical ethics, so making him able to determine that a gross breach has occurred?

Or is he perhaps, just maybe, talking straight out of his arse.

If I thought a medic was in breach of their medical ethics concerning my medical history, I would have to also consider it my duty to report them. No one wants ethically unsound doctors treating all and sundry, do they? But surely the only valid complainant a hospital would listen to would be the actual person whose details were being unethically discussed. No sensible ethics board would take complaints from gawpers and rubber-neckers.

So if Myers truly believes what he says, the onus is now on him to report it. 'Reporting' via a drama-blog is nothing but bluster and an attempt to shame Skeptickle. The bully-boy shows his colours once more. He won't report it however, because that would open up the possibility that he would be publicly proved wrong. Much easier and far less risky to act as judge and jury from your own self contained bully-pulpit any day.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

You've gotta love Nerd of Redhead.

Despite spending years posting angry, ill-thought-out, poorly-worded and terribly-spelt comments on Meyers's blog, he never gets tired.

I do genuinely wonder if Jan Steen has secretly doxxed him with the robot shoop, and that Nerd trundles back and forwards between work and "The Redhead" every day, lights flashing and horn tooting.

Any idea what the fuck the cunt is trying to say here?

http://i.imgur.com/0caaHrv.png

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:He only banned the use of "lie" and derivatives after some bullshit demand by Benson.
I don't believe that you know that for sure. And as Aneris has pointed out, Michael must abide by Irish law which is pretty nasty when it comes to defamation.

Stop focusing so much on the people who really shouldn't matter - e.g., Benson - and think about the guy that we all care about - i.e., Nugent.
I know that for sure because I was there, On Michael's blog, when he enforced the ban last year or so. As to liability, it would be a good argument if the accused liar wasn't, well, actually lying. Easily provable, as it were.
I suspect that something more easily provable contained within the comment itself would be better.

For instance, I could call Myrkeu a whore, but that would quickly mire us down into a drawn out discussion of what constitutes a whore, what practices constitute whoring and if a single act really merits painting him as a whore. And then someone will say, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And then Shermer will say he wished that was true. The word whore is already too liberally banded about.

Same thing with calling pz a lair. What constitutes a liar? How much does one have to lie prior to designating them a liar? And then some asshole will pop up and point out that everyone is a liar because everyone has told at least one lie... It gets messy. It would be far easier to point out specific cases, such as "pz lied when he stated 'XYZ' as evidenced by 'ABC.' " Or you might be able to get away with 'pz regularly miss states the truth.' If you what Nugents phrasing and words, he essentially calls pz a liar without using that specific word.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:You've gotta love Nerd of Redhead.

Despite spending years posting angry, ill-thought-out, poorly-worded and terribly-spelt comments on Meyers's blog, he never gets tired.

I do genuinely wonder if Jan Steen has secretly doxxed him with the robot shoop, and that Nerd trundles back and forwards between work and "The Redhead" every day, lights flashing and horn tooting.

As with Nerd, I'm growing increasingly amused with Janine, the 'Jackbooted Emotion Queen.' She talks very tough. On Pharyngula. And yet, strangely, like Nerd and Anthony K, I've never seen her apply such boldness outside FTB.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

If nothing else, he's proving Bjarte isn't a fluke. They're dullards who'll answer every joke with, "And then what happened?"

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Another tiresome atheist vegetarianism argument, this time at the Friendly Atheist. What is it about animals that makes secularists turn into ditzy(and sanctimonious) new-agers? I blame a generation raised on Disney and anthropomorphized animals.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Maybe some advertisement for a bar got mixed in with the dictionary script?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

You ever wonder if this guy is really just a troll, playing an ever weirder and more damaged character? If I started role playing a mildly retarded jack off like nerd at a blog, and the other commenters accepted me, gave me awards, and defended my idiotic bullshit, I'd probably find that hilarious and keep doing it. Especially if that community took itself as seriously as Pharyngula does.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:

If nothing else, he's proving Bjarte isn't a fluke. They're dullards who'll answer every joke with, "And then what happened?"
Per Nerd:
Donations...will go to the rape victims legal funds...
Hang on!

:? :? :?

Does this dumbass motherfucker think that Meyers's comment about The Pit being full of "rapists and harrassers" can be taken as truth? Is Nerd actually trying to drum up support for a fund to provide legal assistance to victims of Pit rapery?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck me, this guy is like something out of a Gary Larson cartoon. "Breathe in...breathe out...don't breathe...breathe in...breathe out...don't breathe...breathe in..."

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

katamari Damassi wrote:Another tiresome atheist vegetarianism argument, this time at the Friendly Atheist. What is it about animals that makes secularists turn into ditzy(and sanctimonious) new-agers? I blame a generation raised on Disney and anthropomorphized animals.
I disagree. I was raised on those same movies, and I still eat meat. Though that might be more closely related to a society thing.