Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

paddybrown wrote:
The actual Dungeons and Dragons movie is a treat, though. Jeremy Irons chews not only the scenery, but the second unit director, the best boy, the special effects, the original soundtrack, the copyright notice and most of the extras. He makes Brian Blessed a his most bombastic look like Michael Kitchen in Foyle's War. He quite clearly took one look at the script, thought "I will never in my life be offered anything this bad ever again" and said "I'll do it!"
I wanted to watch that movie, but I took an arrow to the knee.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Plus, Charles Dance is the true Lord Vetinary, not Jeremy Irons!

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Why thank you! Those are lovely.

The man is seriously depraved across the board. But what creeps me out the most is the bestiality. What kind of person would have sex with a dolphin?
A male or a female dolphin? I mean, it's not like I am queer or anything.

http://i.imgur.com/MI0V2ba.png

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Is that that little fucker Godfrey Elfwick on the left there??
That, miss, would have been perfectly clear without you having to ruin a thoroughly decent t-shirt for it.

Oh, and -

[youtube]xKbyWSwd7hk[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BSR at Nugent's wrote:While it pains me to admit that PZ is a prominent atheist, at least in the US, I vehemently deny that he is a prominent academic .... The best current quantification of the prominence of a scientist is his or her H index. PZ’s is about 8 or 9 (and dropping, due his low productivity). The mean for his field is 28 with a median of 25.
Ouch.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Aneris wrote:Nugent's blog keeps posts in moderation at random. Or he is switching it on and off at random times based on the phase of the moon, whether Oolon is near, he is at the desk to see what's going on or any number of other things. Also, too many links will put the comment into moderation but it's unclear how many (I believe more than two).
I'm pretty sure that he has a list of words that will flag a post. I, too, used "liar" and it went to moderation and never appeared. A different post, less than ten minutes later that was calmer, went straight through.

Again, I think that we should respect his wishes. If nothing else, it would be a terrible shame if something one of us did caused him to turn on moderation for all posts. That's why I objected to what Phil (and then piero) did.
I call a spade a spade. Myers is a liar, whether it pleases Michael or not. He only banned the use of "lie" and derivatives after some bullshit demand by Benson. So fuck it. "Lie" and derivatives are not slurs yet, are they? Especially when justified.
From memory and as I explained a few pages back the accusation of a lie in the UK and I assume Eire is serious and can be easily subject to legal action. If Myers were in the UK he would have been the subject of numerous libel suits and even, possibly, the police being involved for hate speech. Nugent is simply being sensible as he does not want to open AI to legal action. He explained this last year. It is totally different in the US.

If I am wrong maybe you can provide the link as my memory is testosterone damaged.

sinister

Post by sinister »

James Caruthers wrote:[.img]https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695594346.png[/img]

[.img]https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695662389.jpg[/img]

:bjarte: :bjarte: :bjarte:
Pay attention to us and stop looking at us! Then notice us but don't call us provocative because we are, that's misogyny! I'm still not sure I understand how we were supposed to respond to slut walks.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

another lurker wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/0 ... mg00000063

Columbus day canceled and replaced with "Indigenous People's Day."

I just want to add for the record that American Indians' ancestors, like all other groups of people, immigrated to America. IIRC they weren't even the first.
:cdc:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... skull.html
Yes, and they had no problem exterminating those who came before them. Not that that excuses the behaviour of our ancestors, but hey, and I hate to get all cliche, but that's how people were back then. And don't kid yourself, native peoples were not nature loving hippies. Given the opportunity, they would rape pillage and conquer as well. It just happened that Western Europeans got there first re technological advancements.

Now, the in *modern* world, rape, pillage and predatory capitalism cannot be excused. We know better.
Everyone was a dick to everyone else since the dawn of time, and it's still happening. But yeah, it was more acceptable in the past to openly advocate genocide, because hey, fuck those guys, our tribe wants all that cool shit they have! This happened regardless of race. I have never heard of a modern black man crying over the plight of Egyptians conquered by the Nubians. :)

But in the SJW world, whitey has to apologize, kiss ass and become a SJW toilet slave in order to forgive their Original Sin. It makes me sad to see groups like the Swedes, Finns and Swiss accused of "white privilege" and "white supremacy." When did they ever enslave black people? But Sweden has roaming antiracist gangs that beat up anyone who they think is racist.

:cdc:

How does this NOT encourage genuine racism among the people who have to endure it? Some guy beaten up by an antiracist gang is probably more likely to become a nationalist.

I think SJW is backfiring and creating racism where none previously existed.

James Caruthers

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695559644.png

Nice pedosmile.
Oh Puh-leeze. Like those kids have never seen girlcock before.
The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.
I know what Zinnia would say about those kids. They just need a little corrective therapy.
The Transcock Masterpiece

I'm cishet, it's plain to see,
There's but one cure for me:
I need some transcocks up my ass,
I need them hard, I need them fast!

Transcocks they will break the spell,
Of this living cishet hell.
Lift the cowl from my eyes,
Help me to desire guys.

There is no straight there is no gay,
We all must swing both ways.
Preference for one sex; for the other, aversion,
That, my friends, is the true perversion.

For women only did I long,
Now I know that this was wrong.
I suffered from this grave disease,
I need some transcock, if you please.

There are no sexes, don't you see?
Just splendid gender fluidity.
To pick one sex only with which to mate,
Is a form of vile hate.

I was filled with great shame,
For when I ventured to claim.
That I found girls more sexy,
Zinnia went into apoplexy.

This is what xe said to me,
To free me from my misery:
'Listen, you cishet bro'
'While I 'splain what you don't know.'

'Cishet will never bring you joy.
'And though I look much like a boy,
"I am now a sexy lass.
'You need my transcock up your ass.'

'Upon my boyclit give a blow,
'To end your cishet pain and woe.
'Then some transcock up your ass,
'Do not let the moment pass!'

I did exactly as I was told,
I was meek, xe was bold.
Without lube I did endure,
This painful yet effective cure.

Xe drove it home and suddenly,
I had this great epiphany:
Gender is but a spectrum!
(This message came from my rectum.)

My transphobia now is gone,
I crave transcock, be it short or long.
Never will my trans-cure relapse
(At least not until I prolapse.)

Transcock is my only hope --
With Zinnia I will elope.
I will be xir trans-groom/bride,
With xir transock deep inside.

We will live in eternal joy,
Boy as girl, girl as boy.
No more loathing, no more hate,
At least not for fellow trans, at any rate.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
BSR at Nugent's wrote:While it pains me to admit that PZ is a prominent atheist, at least in the US, I vehemently deny that he is a prominent academic .... The best current quantification of the prominence of a scientist is his or her H index. PZ’s is about 8 or 9 (and dropping, due his low productivity). The mean for his field is 28 with a median of 25.
Ouch.
Yeah. I had some fun with that.

And, hey, PZ! I know you're reading this. My H index is 40. Suck on it.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

sinister wrote:

Pay attention to us and stop looking at us! Then notice us but don't call us provocative because we are, that's misogyny! I'm still not sure I understand how we were supposed to respond to slut walks.
That's easy: you don't respond to them, because unlike the people they're targeted at, you aren't fucking everything that moves. Hopefully. These campaigns seem like they'd be better served as a "tight beam" transmission rather than a "wide beam" transmission that blames all men everywhere for their one time of being called a slut... there's an innuendo in there somewhere about tight vs. loose vaginas, I'm sure.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Ouch.
Yeah. I had some fun with that.

And, hey, PZ! I know you're reading this. My H index is 40. Suck on it.
Easy dismissal from Feminism:
Science is a tool of the patriarchy. By being rated higher than someone else you are perpetuating the stereotype that something something something does something else. Competition is bad!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:
Is that that little fucker Godfrey Elfwick on the left there??
The male allies that day were out in force.
Godfrey Elfwick shouted until his voice was hoarse.
Godfrey marched until his feet were sore.
But Godfrey that day did not score.

James Caruthers

sinister wrote:

Those who have the least to fear from the objectifying male gaze seem to complain most about it. :dance:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

James Caruthers wrote:
sinister wrote:

Those who have the least to fear from the objectifying male gaze seem to complain most about it. :dance:
I know the "feminists are ugly landwhales who can't get laid" trope is getting old, and a bit stupid, but sometimes I really have to wonder if there isn't a bit of truth behind it. Reminds me of that picture of Hooters waitresses bringing a cup of coffee to a woman that I would call "unattractive" as she's holding a placard demanding to stop objectifying women.

Sorry for today's rants, I'm a bit pissed off.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hey you all -- over at Nugent's, the Pit's reputation is rising dramatically. People are saying nice things about us!

So before it's too late, we should probably lift that ban on scat gifs.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Opyt wrote:Easy dismissal from Feminism:
Science is a tool of the patriarchy. By being rated higher than someone else you are perpetuating the stereotype that something something something does something else. Competition is bad!
Response:
H index is based on citations and there are two "rules" to follow when choosing which of many paper that backs your point to actually cite: 1) are any by folks on NSF or NIH review panels and 2) are any by women. In other words, due to the activities of academic PC-types, there's a current bias to pump up the H indices of women. If anything, therefore, the H index of a woman slightly over-predicts her actual impact, while the same H index for a man will under-predict.

ps. another way to "pump up" your H index is to write a few methodological and/or statistical papers that, from then on, almost everyone must cite

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Someone please tell me that "Godfrey Elfwick" is a made-up name for the prototypical mangina-sporting white knight. In case it's not obvious, the idea of calling such men "elf-wick" is just too much for me to handle. (Or maybe that should be "too little.")

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Southern wrote:
Did he? Because before the Jackson's LotR movies, 'Dungeons & Dragons' movie = piece of crap'. Including, but not limited to, the actual Dungeons & Dragons movie (Ladyhawke, Eragon, Mists of Avalon - fucking crap, I hate this movie - the list goes on).
Hey I liked Ladybawke! Except for its horrible soundtrack. I don't know Mark Knophler was thinking.

katamari Damassi

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
sinister wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:WTF is nettipotting?!?
It's like waterboarding that hippies do to themselves. :whistle:
Is ear-candling still popular?
I just want to state that I've never ear candled. The very concept of it is ludicrous.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

IMO, the best D&D-like movie before LOTR was Bakshi's Wizards. Of course, Bakshi's version of LOTR was also one of the worst. I see this as a parallel to M Night Shamalamadingdong: when allowed to do his own thing, the movies are creative; when asked to follow a script (e.g., Shamalama's version of Avatar [the Last Airbender] - which was a great kids cartoon), the movies are complete and utter crap.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Phil- it's pouring a saline solution into one nostril until it flows out the other nostril. You tilt your head over the sink to do it.
Oh, okay. Here we use saline sprays when the nostrils are blocked, though we don't do the nostril-to-nostril thing. Sounds unpleasant.
It's really not so bad as it sounds.

If your sinus are feeling dry (or of you have a snootful dust and what not) it feels pretty good afterwards.

katamari Damassi

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Someone please tell me that "Godfrey Elfwick" is a made-up name for the prototypical mangina-sporting white knight. In case it's not obvious, the idea of calling such men "elf-wick" is just too much for me to handle. (Or maybe that should be "too little.")
Thibideedoo is definitely an Elfwick.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Someone please tell me that "Godfrey Elfwick" is a made-up name for the prototypical mangina-sporting white knight. In case it's not obvious, the idea of calling such men "elf-wick" is just too much for me to handle. (Or maybe that should be "too little.")
All too real, sadly: https://twitter.com/GodfreyElfwick

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

katamari Damassi wrote:
Southern wrote:
Did he? Because before the Jackson's LotR movies, 'Dungeons & Dragons' movie = piece of crap'. Including, but not limited to, the actual Dungeons & Dragons movie (Ladyhawke, Eragon, Mists of Avalon - fucking crap, I hate this movie - the list goes on).
Hey I liked Ladybawke! Except for its horrible soundtrack. I don't know Mark Knophler was thinking.
Ladyhawk is a great movie. The soundtrack makes me want to puncture my eardrums with a spike. I wish someone would remix it with a worthy soundtrack.

I'm not so sure anymore, but I think it was based on a legend from the Pyrenées region.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Who was it that did those side-splitting fake personals? They're here somewhere in the pits of the Pit. Godfrey Elfwick was one of them.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

sinister wrote:

These seem to be anti slut walks.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

katamari Damassi

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Who was it that did those side-splitting fake personals? They're here somewhere in the pits of the Pit. Godfrey Elfwick was one of them.
Parsehole. And they were genius.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

BSR:
I was being glib, and while I suspect you know that I still want to clarify.

Though it is interesting to see how that thing I don't know anything about works.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Tigzy wrote:
And by the time I clicked the link above, Elf-dick had already tweeted that we were making fun of his name. Wow, their lurking is down-right creepy at times.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I have to admit, this made me chuckle:

Matt C. said:
Hey you all -- over at Nugent's, the Pit's reputation is rising dramatically. People are saying nice things about us!

So before it's too late, we should probably lift that ban on scat gifs.

katamari Damassi

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ladyhawk is a great movie. The soundtrack makes me want to puncture my eardrums with a spike. I wish someone would remix it with a worthy soundtrack.

I'm not so sure anymore, but I think it was based on a legend from the Pyrenées region.
One of the things I liked about Ladyhawke and also Dragonslayer(THE best D&D movie IMO)is that they're small plot movies. The world isn't imperiled and can only be saved by the chosen one in prophecy. So over that. It almost ruins Skyrim for me.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Tony Parsehole wrote:NICE ONE, MATT!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ryngula%29
PZ quoted the whole thing, complete with copyright. Naughty-naughty PZ. Way beyond "fair use" and easily argued to be an attempt to deny Matt clicks (and, therefore, damaging).

Given what's just been said on MN's blog, it seems we are entering a anti-click war. Should be fun.

James Caruthers

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
And by the time I clicked the link above, Elf-dick had already tweeted that we were making fun of his name. Wow, their lurking is down-right creepy at times.
Notice how you never see Elfwick and Parsehole in the same room together?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Hi Godfry!

He, he, elfwick....

A man better know how to fight or lick boot with a name like that.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Opyt wrote:BSR:
I was being glib, and while I suspect you know that I still want to clarify.

Though it is interesting to see how that thing I don't know anything about works.
No worries.

And I'm sorry to have mentioned how PCism, etc, has invaded US science in every way, but it has. It's usually too subtle to be complained about publicly without looking like a whiner, but US white male scientists often have a legitimate reason for annoyance. You have to really believe in affirmative action (and not just equal opportunity) to not be upset sometimes.

/HoneyBadgerRantMode

katamari Damassi

James Caruthers wrote:https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412707168604.png

Don't muslims kill transgenders?

https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412707007488.jpg

:cdc: :cdc: :cdc:
Iran used to(not sure if they still do)give gay men the option of prison and lashes or they could get a sex change operation paid for by the state.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Skeptickle - watch it. I don't like what Spokesgay's impying here:
http://i.imgur.com/csh7wnt.png

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

James Caruthers wrote:https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412707168604.png

Don't muslims kill transgenders?

https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412707007488.jpg

:cdc: :cdc: :cdc:
One would think that being trans under normal circumstances would be a very tough ride.

This is like trans to the fourth power or something.

Best of luck, hope she is in with an understanding crowd.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Tigzy wrote:
Jeez, it's like an alternate universe in there. A white knight in its natural habitat.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote:
John D wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I don't...

Meyers has a post up about a brand of vibrator. Just, out of nowhere, with no context, no obvious reason, and no fresh insight.
My wife is very happy with her "Vanity" by Jopen. It is rechargable with ni-cad batteries. All the toys with replacable batteries don't have enough power and my wife is a high horsepower type of gal.... For what it is worth.

I have explained this to my kids as well.
I strongly recommend noise cancelling headphones for your kids. Buy the batteries in bulk. Otherwise you might be the subject of a brief but painful meme in the future after they blog about Mommy and her vibrator. You don't want kids coming to the nursing home to take selfies of themselves with you, your wife, and the "Vanity" now, do you?
Just to clarify... the kids are sexually active young adults. Just posted here to share my discovery that rechargeable toys have more horsepower. Well worth the money in my opinion. I have no opinion about Hitachi other than still being pissed that they sold submarine propeller technology to the Soviets.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Full comic sans, plus Myers removed all the paragraph breaks, just to make it clear to his commentariat that he's most definitely dealing with an extra level of retard here. :lol:

James Caruthers

Ericb wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Jeez, it's like an alternate universe in there. A white knight in its natural habitat.
I have trouble Parse-ing what this assHole is saying.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

I now declare the onset of tongue-twisting limericks!

There once was an elf-wick named Elfwick
who fancied self-with as a self-wit
he lurked and he tweeted
of abuse he was treated
and then Elfwick the elf-wick was self-sick

Ten times fast, folks!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

No, Elfwick is real - Parsehole's only pretending that the bloke is a sock of his to piss him off.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Peez with the clap?

Couldn't be. To get the clap he would have has to have some kind of sexual intercourse.

Lord knows that sow belly hasn't even seen his cock in about thirty years.

They call that a "dickey do" cause his belly sticks out further than his dickey do.

Any hoo, the burning was surely his old unused sperm having achieved sentience and were dragging a rope ladder through his urethra to finally escape their confinement.

John D

Post by John D »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: Those who have the least to fear from the objectifying male gaze seem to complain most about it. :dance:
I know the "feminists are ugly landwhales who can't get laid" trope is getting old, and a bit stupid, but sometimes I really have to wonder if there isn't a bit of truth behind it. Reminds me of that picture of Hooters waitresses bringing a cup of coffee to a woman that I would call "unattractive" as she's holding a placard demanding to stop objectifying women.

Sorry for today's rants, I'm a bit pissed off.
Most of the hard core feminists I know are cute college lesbians. So, this definitely doesn't fit the "landwhale" mold. And... said lesbians are very sexually active and very open about the whole thing. It's like a sex club full of 19 year old privileged white girls who think they can change the world by taking womens studies classes and yelling about the pay gap.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Tigzy wrote:
Full comic sans, plus Myers removed all the paragraph breaks, just to make it clear to his commentariat that he's most definitely dealing with an extra level of retard here. :lol:
For Jan Steen's beneift:
https://archive.today/GN99u

James Caruthers

Tigzy wrote:No, Elfwick is real - Parsehole's only pretending that the bloke is a sock of his to piss him off.
"I am going into BEARMODE!"
:lol:

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Spike13 wrote:Peez with the clap?

Couldn't be. To get the clap he would have has to have some kind of sexual intercourse.
If you didn't first go and check whether the Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacterium can survive for any length of time on the tentacles of a cephalopod, then you fail Skepticism 101. If you did, then apologies.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Also, Tony Queer Shop has this to say on Myers' Cavanaugh thread:
Tony! The Queer Shoop

7 October 2014 at 1:31 pm

Holy fuck. Someone is obsessed with you PZ. Hey, did you know that I’m your “House N*gger”? True story, straight from the mouth of another obsessed Slymer.

I see the Slymers can’t keep from attacking one of the regulars either. Fuck these shitstains.

I wonder if anyone will fisk this massive piece of dogshit.
Why not go over there and fisk it yourself, Tony?

Mighty Hordesman that you are.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Tigzy wrote:No, Elfwick is real - Parsehole's only pretending that the bloke is a sock of his to piss him off.

Psst...Tigzy, don't queer Parseholes shananigans.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

If it turns out that I'm writing tongue-twisting, love-limericks to a POE, I will not be happy.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Against better judgement, I decided I'd ask Godfrey Elfwick to come join us, a la Gumby avatar (Come play with us!) so many months ago. And all I got from him is best summed up as "You're a misgynizing coward".
Sigh so much for my faith in humanity.

And some kind of cry for mental help.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Peez with the clap?

If you didn't first go and check whether the Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacterium can survive for any length of time on the tentacles of a cephalopod, then you fail Skepticism 101. If you did, then apologies.
The sound of one squid clapping as it were....

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Yeah, that was my fault James. I'd like to see how it really happens off of the internet, but meh.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Opyt wrote:Against better judgement, I decided I'd ask Godfrey Elfwick to come join us, a la Gumby avatar (Come play with us!) so many months ago. And all I got from him is best summed up as "You're a misgynizing coward".
Sigh so much for my faith in humanity.

And some kind of cry for mental help.
You should have called him Butt-face