Post by didymos »

Jesus.

comhcinc

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote:
Gumby wrote:Also: (Read, it's worth it):
Fuck you! You made me have to listen to sad pianos again. :(

depressionquest.com still says a portion goes to ifred. Nothing about National Suicide Prevention Hotline. Did she change it back?
Clear your cookies?

http://i.imgur.com/fqYioo7.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dave wrote: depressionquest.com still says a portion goes to ifred. Nothing about National Suicide Prevention Hotline. Did she change it back?
This is what my browser picks up:
Attachments
ZQ_DQ.PNG
(87.8 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John Greg wrote:didymos, yes, Ogvorbis's tale has indeed changed. He's a fucking delusional liar. That fucking lunatic just keeps changing, modifying, finessing his fucking story. Now the fucking Boy Scout captain was his fucking trainer, and poor poor Oggie was so brainwashed, for decades, no doubt, generations, so controlled, so well trained, he could not even live life as a moral entity because his indoctrination was so fucking deep.

Man, he just makes me fucking puke.
Weaponised rape in human form .... Does he dream?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Tigzy wrote:
Dave wrote: depressionquest.com still says a portion goes to ifred. Nothing about National Suicide Prevention Hotline. Did she change it back?
And from August 20th,

https://web.archive.org/web/20140820180 ... quest.com/

http://i.imgur.com/fGSlMSg.jpg

Facts have a misogynistic bias.

Apples

Post by Apples »

comhcinc wrote:Wait she was doxxed and has not changed her phone number? Why not? I can get it done in 5 minutes with a phone call to my carrier (I know I did it about a month ago)
That was my first thought too. If she were really a victim of a massive tsunami/deluge/jizzstorm/holocaust of hatred and threats and had been unmercifully doxxed by a massive mongol army of slavering neckbeards, you'd think her leaked phone number would have become radioactive and unusable in approximately a nanosecond.

Scanning her Twatter feed she's becoming indistinguable from Rebeccunt -- she and Twatson and Suckeesian are quite the trio - poster girls for millennial feminism, which mostly involves being a profoundly lazy and untalented new media douchebag scam artist and covering your iphone bill by turning tricks as a sugar baby for credulous white knights.

acathode

Post by acathode »

I've started reading around on reddit just to keep track of this gamergate... Found this gem in /r/KotakuInAction:

http://i.imgur.com/te2JBpV.png

A brilliant example of the sort of racist thinking that underlines the whole SJW worldview.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Gumby wrote:For those who haven't seen it, Jon Stewart's take on the Ray Rice story. Pretty good.

[youtube]G_Nxpr10XKo[/youtube]
-sigh- I can't stand Daily Show anymore. Even Jon has this soulless thousand-yard stare as he confronts the existential horror of how far he's fallen.

Prediction here: the show will die within three years.

didymos

Post by didymos »

She seems to think "objective" means "absolute".

didymos

Post by didymos »

Bonus racism:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dave wrote:
Gumby wrote:Also: (Read, it's worth it):

[.tweet][/tweet]
Fuck you! You made me have to listen to sad pianos again. :(

depressionquest.com still says a portion goes to ifred. Nothing about National Suicide Prevention Hotline. Did she change it back?
I dunno, still figuring it out. But she's not gaining any credibility in any case.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

acathode wrote:I've started reading around on reddit just to keep track of this gamergate... Found this gem in /r/KotakuInAction:

A brilliant example of the sort of racist thinking that underlines the whole SJW worldview.
:clap:
That's some hall of fame shit right there.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

[youtube]QoFzD4HPjX4[/youtube]

If this is true then oh boy. Reserving judgement but apparently a recording of the phone call will be going up later.

didymos

Post by didymos »

More on the Anita police thing:

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

bovarchist wrote:
Gumby wrote:For those who haven't seen it, Jon Stewart's take on the Ray Rice story. Pretty good.

[youtube]G_Nxpr10XKo[/youtube]
-sigh- I can't stand Daily Show anymore. Even Jon has this soulless thousand-yard stare as he confronts the existential horror of how far he's fallen.

Prediction here: the show will die within three years.
It's hard for me to dislike Jon Stewart given how we are teh same age, similar backgrounds, both liberal Jew, I thought of myself once as a comedian, he's exceedingly successful and I am exceedingly not, he's rich and famous, I am poor and uh, not, ....

But at any rate, I watch his show and while I like almost all of what I hear, his act is pretty old and filled with cliche Jon Stewart.

I'm snarked out these days and even Jon Stewart is growing a bit stale.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

didymos wrote:More on the Anita police thing:

I'm going to have so much fun working out how she will spin this. Because you know she will find a way.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

That is a bit more damning.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

We will always have Papa Bear Bill O'Reilly!

sinister

Post by sinister »

Pagancat wrote:

I'm going to have so much fun working out how she will spin this. Because you know she will find a way.
It's funny because so many main stream "news" sites have reported on this, NOT ONE CALLED?! That's fucking astonishing.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote:

Seems a bit too-good-to-be-true at the moment. But if it is, then expect it'll wash very little with the SJW - they'll just claim it's further evidence of MRA dudebros cyberstalking their sainted Anita.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

sinister wrote:
Pagancat wrote:

It's funny because so many main stream "news" sites have reported on this, NOT ONE CALLED?! That's fucking astonishing typical.
If this story pans out and no one verified this, will any journalist anywhere criticize the major media? No, I didn't think so.

This sort of lazy unethical reporting permeates.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Seems a bit too-good-to-be-true at the moment. But if it is, then expect it'll wash very little with the SJW - they'll just claim it's further evidence of MRA dudebros cyberstalking their sainted Anita.
Yeah but you are not going to convince them of anything. I don't even try. You debate people not to convince them that you are right but to provide information to the people watching.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube][/youtube]

So there is this.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

comhcinc wrote: Yeah but you are not going to convince them of anything. I don't even try. You debate people not to convince them that you are right but to provide information to the people watching.
Yeah, that's pretty much my strategy too.

I first try not debating at all, and then when I blow it, I try to be calm and reasonable and "win" the debate for the audience by informing them and letting them decide rather than whatever blow hard I am corresponding with.

Dave

Post by Dave »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
And from August 20th,

https://web.archive.org/web/20140820180 ... quest.com/

http://i.imgur.com/fGSlMSg.jpg

Facts have a misogynistic bias.
Sorry for no screenshots, I'm using tapatalk. Anyway, looks like my browser autofilled to http://depressionquest.com/dqfinal.html which still mentions ifred.org. http://depressionquest looks like what you show. Apparently she is not ever through in her editing. :lol

Given that she could donate 1% and still claim that "a portion" was given it seems pretty petty to change the charity rather than live up to your promise.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:When Ogvorbis reflounced did anyone set up a pool to bet on when he came back?
At any rate he has resurfaced on Thunderdome post #49.
Hermann Steinpilz can collect his Randi Prize. He predicted Oggie would be back.
And Tony, please don’t cry. Oggie will be back, like a bad penny. Mark my words.
viewtopic.php?p=199298#p199298

And there was great rejoicing among the Herd.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JacquesCuze wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Yeah but you are not going to convince them of anything. I don't even try. You debate people not to convince them that you are right but to provide information to the people watching.
Yeah, that's pretty much my strategy too.

I first try not debating at all, and then when I blow it, I try to be calm and reasonable and "win" the debate for the audience by informing them and letting them decide rather than whatever blow hard I am corresponding with.
That's what a lot of people don't get. You are playing to the crowd in hopes of convicting them that you are right.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

comhcinc wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

So there is this.
First, even if he is not based in California, he may have broken their two party consent law. :(

I think two party consent laws are asinine when the party recording is one of the parties.

Second, a few days ago, PZ et. al; were actively mocking these guys as clowns.

Third, a good set of follow up questions regarding how to respond to a threat, but he sort of let the ball drop on getting the real question answered "would the victim be advised not to respond"?

Fourth, the cop calls the precinct where she lives. No record of the call. That has to leave a mark.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Post by Guest »

[youtube]GaXDLpjG3XU[/youtube]

Embedded link...

A recording of the call between the Sarkeesian documentary makers and the SF PD PR Liaison, who says there's no record of Anita Sarkeesian contacting them.

It's like neither her or Zoe have any idea how the internet works. Egg on many faces, lulz all round. I would be really embarrassed to work as a gaming reporter right now.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JacquesCuze wrote:
First, even if he is not based in California, he may have broken their two party consent law. :(
First thing I thought of too but California (and San Francisco even moreso) are big on being transparent when it comes to the police so I think the guy is safe
JacquesCuze wrote:Second, a few days ago, PZ et. al; were actively mocking these guys as clowns.
That's like getting a seal of approval right?

JacquesCuze wrote:Third, a good set of follow up questions regarding how to respond to a threat, but he sort of let the ball drop on getting the real question answered "would the victim be advised not to respond"?
Yeah but over all it seems that he did pretty good.
JacquesCuze wrote:Fourth, the cop calls the precinct where she lives. No record of the call. That has to leave a mark.

Yeah and so far silence from Anita. You would think she would be quick to speak up if people wasn't on to something.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

comhcinc wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Second, a few days ago, PZ et. al; were actively mocking these guys as clowns.
(To be honest, I sort of thought they were clowns as well. Their Patreon video reminded me more of Irwin Mainway than Michael Moore or Morgan Spurlock

[youtube]L3dq9dxEf2c[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JacquesCuze wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
(To be honest, I sort of thought they were clowns as well. Their Patreon video reminded me more of Irwin Mainway than Michael Moore or Morgan Spurlock

[youtube]L3dq9dxEf2c[/youtube]
http://i.imgur.com/rH17UOL.jpg

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

didymos wrote:Uh-oh. Zoe is in trouble again (read the replies):
Did anyone suggest she fuck him for good press?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Richard Dworkins wrote:

Unpopular opinion of the day: I'd take her up on that offer. At least the first part.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

comhcinc wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:

Unpopular opinion of the day: I'd take her up on that offer. At least the first part.

If your manboobs were perkier, you could probably aim higher.

Apples

Post by Apples »

JacquesCuze wrote:

So there is this.

I think two party consent laws are asinine when the party recording is one of the parties.

Second, a few days ago, PZ et. al; were actively mocking these guys as clowns.

Third, a good set of follow up questions regarding how to respond to a threat, but he sort of let the ball drop on getting the real question answered "would the victim be advised not to respond"?

Fourth, the cop calls the precinct where she lives. No record of the call. That has to leave a mark.
Dude - they're doing legitimate investigative new douchebag journalism, but he and his colleagues are mos def spectrumy.

Richard Dworkins

Reagrding the recent investigations into the apparent dishonesty from Quinn and Sarkeesian (which I doubt anyone here is remotely surprised about) I hope folk who've been dismissing the idea that game journalism looks at this and realise that while for years there has been very little "games journalism" rather than a group of quasi-autonomous dupes being fed freebies by P.R. companies we might finally be seeing the beginning of more rigorous investigative journalism with regards to the games industry.

It is something that would interest me to see more hard news about the abuse of employees by the larger corporate concerns, the money laundering and corruption that goes on through MMO's and other such more important news. Having read (in business papers) some of the amateur showtimes that went on in both Funcom and CCP, I think the games companies which are currently by far the largest entertainment industry have been treated like a quirky novelty rather than multi-national concerns and they should be held to the same standard as other industries.

Richard Dworkins

comhcinc wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:

I could not imagine it ever being worth the cost.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:

If your manboobs were perkier, you could probably aim higher.

Nah I have a thing for crazy haired tattoo'ed girls with questionable morals.

And I said fuck, not marry.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Jonathan wrote:RD randomly tweeted about the difference between fried and pan fried, and tipping. Of course PZ can't miss this chancel
Note the .

Look guys, I'm chastising RD again! Aren't I doing well? I'm such a good SJW. I love women.

Ugh.
I'm really surprised that RD hasn't reacted to PZ's infantile nonsense at this point. He's like a Buddhist monk meditating in the vestibule of Dante's hell, sitting quietly while he's goaded by wasps and wretched vermin. He must be trying the "don't feed the trolls" approach, but I'd actually prefer to see him publicly disavow that bunch and block them on twitter.

I wish Hitchens were still around, because I'm pretty sure he would've cut PZ's face off by now. He'd be running around wearing it like a mask, mimicking PZ's faux feminist routine.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Apples wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Wait she was doxxed and has not changed her phone number? Why not? I can get it done in 5 minutes with a phone call to my carrier (I know I did it about a month ago)
That was my first thought too. If she were really a victim of a massive tsunami/deluge/jizzstorm/holocaust of hatred and threats and had been unmercifully doxxed by a massive mongol army of slavering neckbeards, you'd think her leaked phone number would have become radioactive and unusable in approximately a nanosecond.
Don't tell women to change their phone number; teach men not to dox.

sinister

Post by sinister »

How's the twitter verse taking all this news? SJWs on to calling this abuse yet?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

sinister wrote:How's the twitter verse taking all this news? SJWs on to calling this abuse yet?
I am a shameful pit member I don't follow any. I do know there gamers are overjoyed and I think that is a bit premature.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Pagancat wrote:[youtube]QoFzD4HPjX4[/youtube]

If this is true then oh boy. Reserving judgement but apparently a recording of the phone call will be going up later.
I hate this guy. Really hate him. If he and his follicularly-impaired buddy keep this up, Oct 10th will be way too late a date for the pool.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

acathode wrote:I've started reading around on reddit just to keep track of this gamergate... Found this gem in /r/KotakuInAction:

I really have to agree that is not only a brilliant example of the racism-by-stereotype that effects the SJW crowd, but it was also a brilliant put-down of the idiot playing the SJW and his stupid game by playing on a different stereotype.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

JacquesCuze wrote:

So there is this.
Nope. He's safe. He was recording a public servant performing his or her duties. Legal in CA.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

bovarchist wrote:
Having played God of War, it's always bugged me that ONE and only ONE of the Olympic Gods gets a pass from Kratos' revenge. Can you guess which one?

Yup, Aphrodite, the hot one who fucks him.
Patience, my son.

Her time will come. :cdc:

James Caruthers

bovarchist wrote: And in GoW3, Kratos needs to raise a gate by turning a massive wheel, only as soon as you let go of the wheel, the gate closes again. So he ties some random woman to the wheel, which drags her underneath, crushing her and preventing the gate from closing.

Mind you, he did the exact same thing to a dude in GoW1 AND 2.
Kratos is the ultimate feminist.

He'll disembowel you no matter what private parts you have.

Although they should have tossed in a gay (or bi) version of the standard sex game to be completely accurate to the time period. I don't have to mention Zeus' cup-bearer, do I?

James Caruthers

I see at least one white male dudebro.

James Caruthers

John Greg wrote:didymos, yes, Ogvorbis's tale has indeed changed. He's a fucking delusional liar. That fucking lunatic just keeps changing, modifying, finessing his fucking story. Now the fucking Boy Scout captain was his fucking trainer, and poor poor Oggie was so brainwashed, for decades, no doubt, generations, so controlled, so well trained, he could not even live life as a moral entity because his indoctrination was so fucking deep.

Man, he just makes me fucking puke.
He's really good at what he does. Any other forum would have told him to fuck off by now. This kind of sympathy baiting isn't all that rare, but it's amazing how damaged people, trolls and nutjobs can flourish in "safe spaces" where semi-anon posters receive the benefit of the doubt and endless pouncetugs.

Oggie is either fucked in the head, a lying troll or a callous user.

James Caruthers

sinister wrote:Jesus, the Zoe Quinn white knights have only misogyny to fall back on. They literally have no other tool in their arsenal. Every. Freaking. One. Good luck with that one guys.
Once everyday people stop caring about being labeled an "ist," their movement is over.

But until then, they can continue to dominate.

James Caruthers

Nobody is racist like a liberal racist.

Damn, I really need to copyright that slogan and make t-shirts. Just keep in mind that my shirts will be $80 and I'm only making a 10 cent profit at that price.

James Caruthers

didymos wrote:Bonus racism:
[youtube]TWrlbRdJsSE[/youtube]

Can my streak continue?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

JacquesCuze wrote:

So there is this.
State laws and authority end at the border. And Federal law clarifies it is not unlawful:

"for a person not acting under the color of state law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication where such person is a party to the communication or where one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception unless such communication is intercepted for the purpose of committing any criminal or tortuous act in violation of the Constitution or laws of the United States or of any state." 18 U.S.C. §2511(d).

California, for Intra-State calls, can require two-party consent. But for inter-state calls, Federal statute trumps State.

'Under the color' means with the authority of the State. A policeman acts 'under color' when he enforces the law.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tribble wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:

So there is this.
State laws and authority end at the border. And Federal law clarifies it is not unlawful:

"for a person not acting under the color of state law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication where such person is a party to the communication or where one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception unless such communication is intercepted for the purpose of committing any criminal or tortuous act in violation of the Constitution or laws of the United States or of any state." 18 U.S.C. §2511(d).

California, for Intra-State calls, can require two-party consent. But for inter-state calls, Federal statute trumps State.

'Under the color' means with the authority of the State. A policeman acts 'under color' when he enforces the law.

If the police department doesn't care, then there are no issue.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:

So there is this.
Nope. He's safe. He was recording a public servant performing his or her duties. Legal in CA.
Interesting, my 30 second google fu turns up some support for that, that I think would apply

http://reason.com/archives/2012/04/05/7 ... ing-police
7 Rules for Recording Police
Courts are expanding rights but cops are cracking down. Find out how to keep your footage, and yourself, out of trouble.

Twelve states—California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington—require the consent of all parties for you to record a conversation.

However, all but 2 of these states—Massachusetts and Illinois—have an “expectation of privacy provision” to their all-party laws that courts have ruled does not apply to on-duty police (or anyone in public). In other words, it’s technically legal in those 48 states to openly record on-duty police.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Brive1987 wrote:Ive just had a great idea for a project. Just have to collect a few more quotes .....

http://i.imgur.com/mnIkLiq.jpg
do it. genius.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Tribble wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:

So there is this.

So I'm glad you made me look, because it turns out California's two party law is not as stupid as I thought (the part in italics is new to me and good to see), though I still think it stupid. However, the California Supreme Court disagrees with you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_ ... ent_states
The California Supreme Court ruled in 2006 that if a caller in a one-party state records a conversation with someone in California, that one-party state caller is subject to the stricter of the laws and must have consent from all callers (cf. Kearney v. Salomon Smith Barney Inc., 39 Cal. 4th 95[34]). However, non-disclosure recordings by one of the parties can legally be made if the other party is threatening kidnapping, extortion, bribery, or other felony violence. Also included is misdemeanor obscenity and threats of injury to persons or property via an electronic communication device (usually a telephone). All threats must be directed towards one's self or family members and not third parties. (California Penal Code § 633.5)
However, Aurini is based in Alberta, Canada if his twitter page is correct, so I think it means they will have to take him to INTERPOL or Nuremberg to prosecute.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

comhcinc wrote:If the police department doesn't care, then there are no issue.
Peezus! Aren't you people paying any fucking attention? You can't ask the police if they were the victim of a crime because they were the victim of a crime, so the rules about ignoring them (due to Stockholm Syndrome, etc) kick in. I mean, shit. If we're allowed to ask the police whether they care if they were recorded, the next we'll be doing is asking Janay Rice if she was assaulted, and then where will we be?