Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Kirbmarc »

Meanwhile, real trans people pitch in:
Bottom line, though? The point of CAH is to be offensive and funny. "Passable Transvestites" is a card that falls well within those boundaries, and there is nothing wrong with it, at all, in any way whatsoever.
I'm transgender and I have fun playing Cards Against Humanity. IT IS about being perverted, sick and twisted, NOT about being politically correc
And many others still use their brains:
Transgender people aren't obligated to be offended about things just because you think they should be. If Haylee-Ann isn't offended, it's not from a lack of education; it's because she doesn't give a shit.
The first rule of playing CaH is that you must set aside your right to be offended. It is hypocritical to play and not do so.
I mean, whichever trans people offended by the card weren't offended by the Auschwitz, slavery, or kids with cancer cards. Apparently it's more offensive to make jokes about a group's looks than genocide?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

As an early Star Citizen backer, this is my ship. Which I can't yet fly. But I'm drooling (and somewhat worried he's losing focus with all that money...):

[youtube]al_oIUNapJI[/youtube]

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tribble wrote:
He made a blurb that I thought he was indicating he was going to point out that she fabricates many, if not all, her 'anti Anita' comments. But I jumped the gun on an issue of hers that most ignore, but I think is very strong on two dimensions:

First, the woman just doesn't allow comments on her YouTube videos and other places she controls. Yet she claims to get these comments on her anti-gaming videos and writing. And, of course, when you look at them, many of them are YouTube comments, which she doesn't allow. And it's not that these bad comments are stuck in moderation. You can't even put comments into moderation at her controlled places. There is no way, beyond hacking, to get to her.

Second, considering how much stuff she's stolen, plagiarized and fabricated, I think it's reasonable to assume that she's a thief who has no problem making up/stealing the majority, if not all, of her 'work' which would include many, if not all, the 'negative comments' she flashes in her Ted Talk and other places.
IIRC she allowed comments on her kickstarter video. Then she went to 4chan and spammed the link to the video, garnered enough trolly comments to make her point then closed them. (There is some doubt as to whether it was her that spammed 4chan but the evidence looked pretty good.) I'll look up the video referring to this later got teats to squeeze.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Never apologise. Even when you're sorry.
Yeah, really. Especially when your opponent will burn your house for imagined slights. Too late for these guys, though.

http://imgur.com/Jv3NsVn.jpg

May as well sign the business over to Suey, Lindy, and Amanda, they're going to own it eventually.
FML, Is that a genuine quote?
If so he deserves everything he gets.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

CAH creator should have used the Ed Brayton response:
It's Cards Against Humanity. It's supposed to be offensive.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

And Elite Dangerous is now in Beta:

[youtube]8cXjbq5yr6o[/youtube]

So, after a decade of neglect (besides the X-Series that crashed-and-burned with the X-game released) we're getting more and more space games.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Victim blaming! :o

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Biohazard wrote:15 Women Say Why They Don’t Need Feminism

I found this via a guy who commented that these women don't know what feminism is. Mansplain much?
Sisters?

http://imgur.com/X0qkr39.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aqfJWQa.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So is playing CAH now known as playing the rape card?

BTW. So far we have only read one side of the story. I am currently looking for the other side.

http://feminist-armchair-regime.blogspo ... s-for.html

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Never apologise. Even when you're sorry.
Yeah, really. Especially when your opponent will burn your house for imagined slights. Too late for these guys, though.

http://imgur.com/Jv3NsVn.jpg

May as well sign the business over to Suey, Lindy, and Amanda, they're going to own it eventually.
FML, Is that a genuine quote?
Not a quote from him, but apparently it's true. You can now be a justice warrior and a card playing asshole AND feel good about yourself. It's the greatest change for the good since Lucas made Greedo shoot first... no wait, social justice dweebs probably weep over that travesty.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

It's the greatest change for the good since Lucas made Greedo shoot first... no wait, social justice dweebs probably weep over that travesty.
Greedo was an unprivileged otherkin oppressed by the white male Han Solo! In the original Star Wars that fascist pig Han is accurately portrayed as the imperialistic aggressor, while the change that Lucas made justifies the murder of otherkins!

Skepchicks Unite!

Post by guest »

deLurch wrote:http://i.imgur.com/8hOgKK0.jpg

So I did a unsuccessful search for a PETA convention (maybe they don't have them), but it did bring up several of their advertising stunts.

Given that Carrie Poppie now works for PETA, just imagine the holy hell she is going to unleash on that organization after she leaves. This can only end one way with Carrie.
DJ Grothe discovered it.

Carrie Poppy's Twitter feed is now locked.

https://www.anonimg.com/img/63c711ca51d ... 0bb9af.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:Carrie Poppy Conspiracy Theory

I'm not privy to back-channel info, but Miz Peta Poppy does seem to be the common denominator in much of the drama and a possible string-puller behind the curtain of FTB and Skepchick. She names the targets and the usual crusaders don their decorative A+ crosses and ride.

It's strange as well because she seems to operate on the "down low" almost exclusively. We hear from people who heard from her. I did a quick google and found a defunct tumblr with almost nothing on it, and a youtube with some comedy routines (newest video is five months old.) I wasn't able to find any blog she runs. She's not officially on FTB or Skepchick in a column-writing capacity (that I am aware of.) She's not directly coming out and writing some article where she says "this is what I personally witnessed, and this is my experience etc etc." It's filtered through the usual suspects and, as we know, the usual suspects often omit sources even when those sources are publicly available for fact-checking, in the name of ideological purity.

So the whole situation with her seems a bit odd to me. I suppose I can't even be certain that the opinions of "Carrie Poppy" as filtered by PZ, Zvan, Canuck or whoever are even really the opinions of the woman named Carrie Poppy who exists in reality. For all I know, Myers may have a folder titled "Carrie Poppy" from which all unproven allegations of rape against famous male skeptics emanate.

Not that I believe this, but you never know. Fuck, at least Elevatorgate was eyewitness (but not sworn) testimony.
With that said, I wouldn't necessarily say she is orchestrating anything, as much as she fucking loves to gossip.

didymos

Post by didymos »

O thou brave warrior of Twitter!

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Immanuel K wrote:The Bovarchist Monologues:

Your silence is simply malicious
I know my rage tears are delicious
But i have a plan, to stick it to the man
And do something real circumcisious
"the man"? GODDAMMIT!!! I DEMAND ROYALTIES!!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=393&start=22165#p195646

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:
It's the greatest change for the good since Lucas made Greedo shoot first... no wait, social justice dweebs probably weep over that travesty.
Greedo was an unprivileged otherkin oppressed by the white male Han Solo! In the original Star Wars that fascist pig Han is accurately portrayed as the imperialistic aggressor, while the change that Lucas made justifies the murder of otherkins!
Right, Greedo unfollowed because Han downvoted first! To the Twittermobile, there's activism to be done!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote: It's the greatest change for the good since Lucas made Greedo shoot first.
I always wondered why that scene looked so unbearably shit. I didn't know it had been "remastered".

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

deLurch wrote:So is playing CAH now known as playing the rape card?

BTW. So far we have only read one side of the story. I am currently looking for the other side.

http://feminist-armchair-regime.blogspo ... s-for.html
MFW> I read the first link
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/ ... 0/flags/LL

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jimthepleb wrote:
Tribble wrote:
He made a blurb that I thought he was indicating he was going to point out that she fabricates many, if not all, her 'anti Anita' comments. But I jumped the gun on an issue of hers that most ignore, but I think is very strong on two dimensions:

First, the woman just doesn't allow comments on her YouTube videos and other places she controls. Yet she claims to get these comments on her anti-gaming videos and writing. And, of course, when you look at them, many of them are YouTube comments, which she doesn't allow. And it's not that these bad comments are stuck in moderation. You can't even put comments into moderation at her controlled places. There is no way, beyond hacking, to get to her.

Second, considering how much stuff she's stolen, plagiarized and fabricated, I think it's reasonable to assume that she's a thief who has no problem making up/stealing the majority, if not all, of her 'work' which would include many, if not all, the 'negative comments' she flashes in her Ted Talk and other places.
IIRC she allowed comments on her kickstarter video. Then she went to 4chan and spammed the link to the video, garnered enough trolly comments to make her point then closed them. (There is some doubt as to whether it was her that spammed 4chan but the evidence looked pretty good.) I'll look up the video referring to this later got teats to squeeze.
Figures. It's like that girl who advertised 'sex for a beating' on Craiglist so she could make false rape accusations.

Nicest of The Damned

Post by Nicest of The Damned »

And here I'd always envisioned Apples Against Humanity to be the fevered brainchild of drunken fratboys armed only with sharpies and too muchSmirnoff Ice. This is genuinely confusing to me. Not only is CAH incredibly popular among people who seem to spend all of their time finding new ways to claim to be hurt by words, but the creator of the game is one?

1) As has already been stated, if you remove cards from that game because people are offended by them, by then end you'll be left with a pretty thin deck.

2) Whether the jokes "punch" up or down at a given group would depend on the luck of the draw and on the player. The intent of the game designer doesn't really factor.

3) If this guy actually holds to modern SJW ideology in any real way, the mental contortions he has to go through to rationalize it would be staggering. A huge relief for the degradation loving feminist from a page or three back. Being chained to a wall and spouting feminist talking points with a face full of dick is probably easy by comparison.

That said, I don't mind SJW jargon cards being in the game. Seems like you could have some real fun with that.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Nicest of The Damned wrote:And here I'd always envisioned Apples Against Humanity to be the fevered brainchild of drunken fratboys armed only with sharpies and too muchSmirnoff Ice. This is genuinely confusing to me. Not only is CAH incredibly popular among people who seem to spend all of their time finding new ways to claim to be hurt by words, but the creator of the game is one?

1) As has already been stated, if you remove cards from that game because people are offended by them, by then end you'll be left with a pretty thin deck.

2) Whether the jokes "punch" up or down at a given group would depend on the luck of the draw and on the player. The intent of the game designer doesn't really factor.

3) If this guy actually holds to modern SJW ideology in any real way, the mental contortions he has to go through to rationalize it would be staggering. A huge relief for the degradation loving feminist from a page or three back. Being chained to a wall and spouting feminist talking points with a face full of dick is probably easy by comparison.

That said, I don't mind SJW jargon cards being in the game. Seems like you could have some real fun with that.
Somebody get this man a beer.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

katamari Damassi wrote:Kind of proud of my brothers right now. That "Dear White Gays" letter hit the gay blogs and a SJW is trying to spew her shit on one of them. It's not going her way as the majority of the gays are just not having it, and she quickly exhausted her spoons.

This link to a rather thoughtful reply by a straight black woman was posted.

http://someoq.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/ ... ra-mannie/
"Humans have survived as species because of our ability to empathize and emulate one another. Those skills and that desire to connect are bigger than race or gender."

"In the womb we are people, and when we die we become dust, everything in between is just peanuts."

Fuckin A!

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

didymos wrote:Tommy Ramone is dead.
Repeat it 280 times and call it an oeuvre.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

So PeeZus posts a note from Kent Hovind, which includes the following:
For PZ- glad you exposed Michael Shermer’s behavior and his rape of the other atheist at the atheist conference. I don’t understand how any atheist can decide ANYTHING is right or wrong. Where is the standard to judge by? If that woman’s husband or brothers or dad or uncles get Shermer drunk and make him a eunuch (which I suspect they have thought of and may yet still do!) would that be "wrong" in PZ thinking? Christians have God’s Word to show us right and wrong. What do atheists have?

PZ's response?
Jebus. I decide that something may be wrong by empathizing with the victim, and recognizing that an injustice was done. I don’t need a magic book to see that a harm was done to someone else. Further, when a wrong is committed, it makes me a worse person to consider committing a greater wrong in revenge. That Hovind considers castration to be a reasonable response simply tells me that God’s Word is simply a compendium of barbarisms used to excuse savagery.
Here’s what atheists have: respect for our fellow human beings.
Apparently he's absolutely certain that Shermer raped someone, based on the secondhand account and whatever other gossip he's heard. Of course he can't admit the possibility that he wrongly accused someone - he'd rather let Hovind think that the atheist community is full of rapists, and that sexual assault is a common occurrence at A/S meetings.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I'm not privy to back-channel info, but Miz Peta Poppy does seem to be the common denominator in much of the drama and a possible string-puller behind the curtain of FTB and Skepchick. She names the targets and the usual crusaders don their decorative A+ crosses and ride.

It's strange as well because she seems to operate on the "down low" almost exclusively. We hear from people who heard from her. I did a quick google and found a defunct tumblr with almost nothing on it, and a youtube with some comedy routines (newest video is five months old.) I wasn't able to find any blog she runs. She's not officially on FTB or Skepchick in a column-writing capacity (that I am aware of.) She's not directly coming out and writing some article where she says "this is what I personally witnessed, and this is my experience etc etc." It's filtered through the usual suspects and, as we know, the usual suspects often omit sources even when those sources are publicly available for fact-checking, in the name of ideological purity.

So the whole situation with her seems a bit odd to me. I suppose I can't even be certain that the opinions of "Carrie Poppy" as filtered by PZ, Zvan, Canuck or whoever are even really the opinions of the woman named Carrie Poppy who exists in reality. For all I know, Myers may have a folder titled "Carrie Poppy" from which all unproven allegations of rape against famous male skeptics emanate.

Not that I believe this, but you never know. Fuck, at least Elevatorgate was eyewitness (but not sworn) testimony.

The Wider Issue of Extra-Judicial Rape Sentencing

I do wonder sometimes. It's so convenient how any man who becomes famous for something that is popular with nerds is suddenly accused of rape. The Cards Against Humanity guy mentions that the woman who claims he raped her has a tumblr.

So imagine...

We all meet damaged and messed-up people in our lives. Sometimes we make bad decisions (not illegal or immoral decisions) and allow such people to become friends or (consensual) lovers. Now, imagine that every crazy person you've ever met in your entire life, and every crazy person you WILL meet for as long as you live, had a way to end your career whenever he or she chooses. These sorts of damaged people seem to flock in droves to the SJL, feminism and tumblr, so it's not like they won't find out about the power of a false rape accusation, or have the social media connections to spread it.

With a single word, and without involving the courts, your entire public life might be ruined.

That's the power of the internet + this new moral outrage machine. With a single word, a crazy person can erase your job, erase your income, maybe even erase your home and your possessions. Leave you on the street with nothing. None of which requires any evidence, because I haven't even mentioned the law. This doesn't involve law. They can destroy lives without ever bringing the law into this, thanks to extra-judicial private review boards which comply to feminist "believe the accuser" standards of evidence. Private business hears "rape?" Fire the employee. Same for a college or school board.

So that's my TL:DR for today. Poppy's hidden online presence vs her large impact on the atheist SJL is odd, and Cards Against Humanity guy is another in the long line of men who will have to get used to crazy people screaming RAPIST!!! at them whenever they get famous.

katamari Damassi

Degrasse Tysin is getting some shit on facebook because he's pals with Seth McFarlane. I don't do twitter but I think some fine twitter trolling would be a "Neil DeGrasse Tyson must denounce" hashtag.

Some Lurker

Post by Some Lurker »

Reminds me of:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

acathode wrote: The idea some (mostly american) atheists have that if we'd get rid of religion, people would stop being stupid and stop believing in irrational stuff, is of course ridiculous.
Yeah, it's the other way 'round: get rid of irrational thought, and religious belief automatically fades away.

katamari Damassi

katamari Damassi wrote:

The Wider Issue of Extra-Judicial Rape Sentencing

I do wonder sometimes. It's so convenient how any man who becomes famous for something that is popular with nerds is suddenly accused of rape. The Cards Against Humanity guy mentions that the woman who claims he raped her has a tumblr.

So imagine...

We all meet damaged and messed-up people in our lives. Sometimes we make bad decisions (not illegal or immoral decisions) and allow such people to become friends or (consensual) lovers. Now, imagine that every crazy person you've ever met in your entire life, and every crazy person you WILL meet for as long as you live, had a way to end your career whenever he or she chooses. These sorts of damaged people seem to flock in droves to the SJL, feminism and tumblr, so it's not like they won't find out about the power of a false rape accusation, or have the social media connections to spread it.

With a single word, and without involving the courts, your entire public life might be ruined.

That's the power of the internet + this new moral outrage machine. With a single word, a crazy person can erase your job, erase your income, maybe even erase your home and your possessions. Leave you on the street with nothing. None of which requires any evidence, because I haven't even mentioned the law. This doesn't involve law. They can destroy lives without ever bringing the law into this, thanks to extra-judicial private review boards which comply to feminist "believe the accuser" standards of evidence. Private business hears "rape?" Fire the employee. Same for a college or school board.

So that's my TL:DR for today. Poppy's hidden online presence vs her large impact on the atheist SJL is odd, and Cards Against Humanity guy is another in the long line of men who will have to get used to crazy people screaming RAPIST!!! at them whenever they get famous.
Well, fucked that up, didn't I? Don't know how I wiped out my post but what I tried to say is that by SJW's and assorted lunatics accusing every well known guy of rape, they are undermining their cause and in a few years rape accusations of any kind will not be regarded as credible. Of course feminists already think no one takes rape accusations seriously because accused men aren't immediately jailed without trial, so when in reality no one is being believed will be a boon to them.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:
didymos wrote:
Tribble wrote: Also, if you read-up on Neanderthals, they (apparently) didn't have religion. They did seem to have clear signs of morality (as in taking care of the old and infirm).
They did practice burial of the dead:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ls-graves/

But in general, I'd be wary of drawing any conclusions about what they believed (or didn't, as the case may be).

The general consensus is there is nothing we understand as' religious practice' among the Neanderthals. That's why I put the qualifier "apparently" in parenthesis, so people would understand that there isn't certainty in the issue. However, it's ffar stronger to 'no religion' than 'yes religion' as there isn't the same positive evidence we get with our primitive ancestors that lived along side, and bred with, the Neanderthals.
We can't even determine what gender identities the Neanderthal performed.

katamari Damassi

So this morning my windows computer restarted itself to load updates and now my network connections are lost and I can't fix it. I've had this piece of shit for a year and have had nothing but frustration with it-the hard drive died after a month and Best Buy was going to charge me for fixing it until I made a scene at the Geek Squad counter. So what are my options? Have windows completely purged and give a linux a try? Chuck the whole computer and go back to Mac? I'd rather spend $1500 on something else but I could do it.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: We can't even determine what gender identities the Neanderthal performed.
I'm sure, it being the Ice Age, they all thought they were special snowflakes and they simply failed-to-breed and drove themselves into extinction as they were gender-confused....

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

katamari Damassi wrote:So this morning my windows computer restarted itself to load updates and now my network connections are lost and I can't fix it. I've had this piece of shit for a year and have had nothing but frustration with it-the hard drive died after a month and Best Buy was going to charge me for fixing it until I made a scene at the Geek Squad counter. So what are my options? Have windows completely purged and give a linux a try? Chuck the whole computer and go back to Mac? I'd rather spend $1500 on something else but I could do it.
Linux is wonderful from a reliability and performance point of view, but you must look closely at your applications. Be sure there is nothing that you can't live without that is Windows only.

You have options; try a live CD of a Linux distro (Deb based like Ubuntu or Mint are good) and see how you get on.

Macs are terrific, but they are very expensive.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

katamari Damassi wrote:Degrasse Tysin is getting some shit on facebook because he's pals with Seth McFarlane. I don't do twitter but I think some fine twitter trolling would be a "Neil DeGrasse Tyson must denounce" hashtag.
I don't like Seth MacFarlane, but I do give him just credit for being the linchpin in getting a new Cosmos series made. Let alone making it the media event that it was and getting it aired on a major network.

But some people just have this fucking black and white mindset where you're either a good person who does good things or a bad person who does bad things.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

BarnOwl wrote:So PeeZus posts a note from Kent Hovind, which includes the following:
For PZ- glad you exposed Michael Shermer’s behavior and his rape of the other atheist at the atheist conference. I don’t understand how any atheist can decide ANYTHING is right or wrong. Where is the standard to judge by? If that woman’s husband or brothers or dad or uncles get Shermer drunk and make him a eunuch (which I suspect they have thought of and may yet still do!) would that be "wrong" in PZ thinking? Christians have God’s Word to show us right and wrong. What do atheists have?

PZ's response?
Jebus. I decide that something may be wrong by empathizing with the victim, and recognizing that an injustice was done. I don’t need a magic book to see that a harm was done to someone else. Further, when a wrong is committed, it makes me a worse person to consider committing a greater wrong in revenge. That Hovind considers castration to be a reasonable response simply tells me that God’s Word is simply a compendium of barbarisms used to excuse savagery.
Here’s what atheists have: respect for our fellow human beings.
Apparently he's absolutely certain that Shermer raped someone, based on the secondhand account and whatever other gossip he's heard. Of course he can't admit the possibility that he wrongly accused someone - he'd rather let Hovind think that the atheist community is full of rapists, and that sexual assault is a common occurrence at A/S meetings.
If Shermer hasn't fully decided to sit on his ass he should thank Kent for giving him more material for the lawyers to chew on.

But I'm not very confident that he'll ever nut up and take PZ on in court.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

didymos wrote:Tommy Ramone is dead.
Charlie Haden is dead.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ooo a game! I'll start.

One of these images is TAM, and one is a white power rally...

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy36 ... 8Crowd.jpg

Vs.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/ ... 34x289.jpg

Yup. Totally can't tell the difference. :roll:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Hell in a handbasket, that's where we're going.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/edito ... t-note.ece

(And while we're speaking of diversity, look at all the different thumb positions.)

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/ ... 34x289.jpg

Why are all those TAM members raising their arms?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

dog puke wrote:http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/ ... 34x289.jpg

I'm guessing the guy in the green suit just gave a really interesting talk, and everyone wanted to ask a question.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

More to the point why have they got the one legged lesbian WOC in a ghost costume?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hi guys.

HI GREG!

http://imgur.com/IWksbO9.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:So this morning my windows computer restarted itself to load updates and now my network connections are lost and I can't fix it. I've had this piece of shit for a year and have had nothing but frustration with it-the hard drive died after a month and Best Buy was going to charge me for fixing it until I made a scene at the Geek Squad counter. So what are my options? Have windows completely purged and give a linux a try? Chuck the whole computer and go back to Mac? I'd rather spend $1500 on something else but I could do it.
Worked before the updates? Sounds like a software/configuration/driver issue. Worst case scenario? See if there is an option to reinstall windows to it's factory condition.

Just make sure you pull all of your data off of the machine first.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Old_ones wrote:

I'm guessing the guy in the green suit just gave a really interesting talk, and everyone wanted to ask a question.
I think he's LARPing, so that one must definitely be TAM.

Really?

Post by Really? »

THIS JUST IN. MAXIMUM LULZ. Someone tweeted out the image I made of Stollznow's TAM talk and look who favorited...

http://imgur.com/VXSyEVl.jpg

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

Get a Mac.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:THIS JUST IN. MAXIMUM LULZ. Someone tweeted out the image I made of Stollznow's TAM talk and look who favorited...
<Devil's Advocate>It is near impossible to tell that images is of Karen S. due to the size if you don't understand the reference.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:THIS JUST IN. MAXIMUM LULZ. Someone tweeted out the image I made of Stollznow's TAM talk and look who favorited...
<Devil's Advocate>It is near impossible to tell that images is of Karen S. due to the size if you don't understand the reference.
Grrr...good point. Here's my problem. I'm not the world's best 'shooper. I'll try again.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Here's something I didn't know:

IGDA Award for Community Contribution

The IGDA Award for Community Contribution recognized developers for significant efforts "building community, sharing knowledge, speaking on behalf of developers and/or contributing to the art form of game development".[8] The Ambassador Award replaced it after 2007.[7]

2007: George Sanger
2006: Chris Hecker
2005: Sheri Graner Ray
2004: Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk
2003: Doug Church (Eidos Interactive)
2002: Jeff Lander
2001: John Carmack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Devel ... ice_Awards

Note 2005.

Anita isn't even the first to get her award, she merely got the renamed version.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Oh, sweeeeeet!! :lol: :lol:

Grothe is flat out done taking shit from anyone, isn't he? Good on him.

'Grats on your pic getting extra play during TAM :clap:

acathode

Post by acathode »

Linux is going to run just as shitty as Windows on faulty hardware, so it's completely irrelevant to stuff like your hard drive dying, and for the current issues you absolutely want to know if it's hardware or software issues before you start messing around with switching to a whole new OS that you aren't familiar with.

The net dying sounds very much driver issues, so if I were you I'd check the manufacturers support site for driver updates for the network card/chip, and if it still didn't work I'd give reinstalling a clean version of Windows a shot.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Tshirt outrage from Haley Stevens:

https://twitter.com/Hayleystevens
Attachments
ScreenHunter_313 Jul. 12 11.09.jpg
(41.68 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
ScreenHunter_313 Jul. 12 11.08.jpg
(37.92 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
ScreenHunter_312 Jul. 12 11.08.jpg
(40.84 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

sinister

Post by sinister »

justinvacula wrote:Tshirt outrage from Haley Stevens:

Big meany heads, with mean ole t-shirts.

sinister

Post by sinister »

This t-shirt crap must go hand in hand with stare rape.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Okay, fine. I just got a new shot of Stollznow's talk:

http://imgur.com/oeXcKws.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

You could literally not find a more peaceful way to protest.

Of course in the "believe the victim" narrative any protest or resistance is horrible, horrible harassment.

Garlic

Post by Garlic »

Meh. I'm with Ally Fogg on this one:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2014 ... team-game/

If your reaction to an accusation is to loudly proclaim your allegiance to "Team X" or Team Y", you're part of the goddamn problem.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Garlic wrote:

If your reaction to an accusation is to loudly proclaim your allegiance to "Team X" or Team Y", you're part of the goddamn problem.
The T-shirt is not a FIRST reaction. It's a protest against several years of constant insanity from the broken people. They need to know they are not welcome and they need to be ridiculed. A great way to do that is to make fun of their tribalism.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Really? wrote:
Garlic wrote:

The T-shirt is not a FIRST reaction. It's a protest against several years of constant insanity from the broken people. They need to know they are not welcome and they need to be ridiculed. A great way to do that is to make fun of their tribalism.
I agree it isn't like this is the first time this has ever happened. The sad part is people getting offended for other people that aren't. It's just plain stupid.