Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by deLurch »

2 Week highlights for RoboCop Otherkin

SZvan went on a blog tirade accusing DJ Grothe of being a psychopath, while simultaneously saying that she is not. Kind of like how I am not saying that DJ Grothe beats his wife, but is just all seems to fit. The icing on the cake is that Ape+lust did this beautiful shoop, which Svan then links to in her blog with context.
Ape+lust wrote:Is there anyone oilier than Stephanie Zvan? Her "DJ Grothe is a psychopath, but I'm not calling him one" con would make the most shameless implode with embarrassment.

Sorry if I skeeve anyone here with this one.

http://imgur.com/JKTimTR.jpg
Also Dawkins posed this question: The SJW brigade went absolutely nuts over Richard Dawkins daring to post such a (in their words) "white supremacist" question on twitter. Trans Natalie Reed was the leader of that stupidity. Richard also he learned a new phrase out of this "Social Justice Warrior," and then proceed to block a few of the nuts.

Eucliwood came back briefly, posting as the guest account "Notice Me Sempai," stating that she is now 18 and wished to post. The facist tit internally debated letting her back on, clificting on knowing if she was just an immature 18 year old who did not know any better or a mental case. The question was resolved by SiL super lawyer who advised against it. The facist tit was once again called a facist tit and we all lived happily ever after...

...until some guy popped back on wearing a reverse dog cone to prevent himself from licking himself. But that is another story...

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

There's nothing wrong with being otherkin if it's rational. Many otherkin are delusional, but some are cognizant of reality. It's similar to gender dysphoria, in that one's self-identity does not align with biological reality, except that it's about species rather than gender. And why not? It's just another of nature's cast lots over which one had no say.

As with sane trans people, it's possible to reject an innate trait while recognizing it as real. Sane otherkin may look forward to advancing technology that might one day make it possible for them to shed their human limits. It's the extended phenotype taken to the next level.

While pathology may be the root cause of the condition in many if not all cases, I think the outcome is harmless in the case of rational otherkin.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:The SCOTUS just ruled that businesses can deny birth control coverage in their health insurance plans for religious reasons. I am kind of "meh" about the whole topic. If you wanna fuck then maybe you should buy your own bc. Years ago it was common for health plans to not covered bc.

Just my feeling I guess.

I do think this will mobilize more women to vote Democrat however. The "war on women" rages on and the Reps are losing votes big time.
I haven't had a chance to read the decision yet, but if it's a blanket "religious preferences can limit care", the story is far worse than friggin' BC. It's gonna suck working for a company that's run by christian scientists.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:There's nothing wrong with being otherkin if it's rational. Many otherkin are delusional, but some are cognizant of reality. It's similar to gender dysphoria, in that one's self-identity does not align with biological reality, except that it's about species rather than gender. And why not? It's just another of nature's cast lots over which one had no say.

As with sane trans people, it's possible to reject an innate trait while recognizing it as real. Sane otherkin may look forward to advancing technology that might one day make it possible for them to shed their human limits. It's the extended phenotype taken to the next level.

While pathology may be the root cause of the condition in many if not all cases, I think the outcome is harmless in the case of rational otherkin.
If someone's Otherkin status amounts to this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=larping ... 32&bih=807
They are fine, have fun.

The other otherkin are also probably fine too because they are such basket cases that they don't leave the internet.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I think Phil's post needs to be put in context with his post of last week:

From June 22nd
Hullo!

I just spent a couple of days in the mountains, and it was GOOOOOOD! Except for that trampoline accident that's gonna have me going to the clinic tomorrow morning, if I can sleep at all. I've heard it's not a good sign when your cervicals go "crack" and you can't move your head at all without excruciating pain. Probably just a strain.

One week later...

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... adc9be.jpg
Anyway, my new looks are courtesy of a trampoline accident. Yep! I broke C2 and damaged C3. Doctors say I was less than a millimeter away from death (they call C2 the Hanged Man's vertebrae). Anyway, I spent the week at the hospital, getting metal bars driven into my skull so they could attach weights to keep my spine straight until surgery. They operated on Wednesday, getting to the spot via the front right part of my throat, and soldered C2 and C3 with a titanium plate, using a bone graft from my iliac crest (that's the part that still hurts the most). it was my first time under general anesthesia, and although I was a bit apprehensive, all went well. Now I have to wear Robocop's Sunday Dress 24/7 for the next 3 months, lest I die while moving too much in my sleep. So it's goodbye skydiving and other fun physical activities for me. I'm not sure it's hit me yet.
:o

Take care, Phil.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

One day, anti-otherkin bigots will be revealed for what they are: bigots. In the meantime, I'll take gratuitous insults and slurs in good humour.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Solidarity for Phil!

http://i.imgur.com/peKz9if.jpg

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

welch wrote:
I'm still a cunt.
An inebriated cunt.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Call me a bigot, but I don't think "rational" and "I'm a robot kitten deity" belong in the same sentence.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:Solidarity for Phil!

http://i.imgur.com/peKz9if.jpg
That's uncalled for. :naughty:

Phil, are you a Dr Who fan?
While you are recuperating I can recommend some of the old episodes - particularly those featuring Davros.

http://www.awkwardgeeks.com/wp-content/ ... davros.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Best of luck in your recovery Phil. Now, off to think of a shoop that totally ridicules your situation.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lawsuit from Disney in 3, 2, 1.... Because they do not let play with their trademarked IPs. They'll get pilloried by the SJWs, but it's a rock-solid Disney corporate policy. And one they rigorously enforce.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

welch wrote:
I almost sort of understand it, but yeah, seriously, fuck off on that one. If the worst problem you face in life is surprise dong or vagoo in the same room as you, stop complaining. Are they waving it in your face? Are them making you notice? Are they making a big fucking deal about it?

No? They're just changing their clothes and minding their own business?

STFU then. Shit.
These feminists fighting for trans inclusivity in public toilets and changing rooms will be the first to claim they were triggered by someone who looked like a dude in their changing room. I remember reading a couple of years ago on some feminist websites about how triggering Improv Everywhere's annual pants less subway ride was. It should be noted that no one actually gets naked from the waist down in the event

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Crunchy neck syndrome doesn't sound like much fun. Hope everything goes well for you.

Note to self: Trampolines; not even once.

Also...

http://i.imgur.com/VI8c9CB.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I...I came here for support and pounce thugs, and all I got was mockery! I knew I made the right choice.

Thanks for the summary Lurkey et all. I think I'll just start again from here, too many pages behind and nothing juicy enough.

While laying on my bed, with nothing to look at but the hospital ceiling, I came to wonder: is it all worth it? All those petty fights, all those disagreements turned into bitter wars, all that monitoring of lies and hypocrisy in order to keep reality afloat, and lots of lulz...

Yep, definitely worth it!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
welch wrote:
Opyt wrote:Phil:
Eucli got banned, again, on FT-LSiL's advice
Someone made an ass of themselves on twitter.
More people made asses of themselves on twitter.
I made an ass of myself on twitter.
Even more people made asses of themselves on twitter.
Skep is going to TAM, along with another two people (Mr. Justin Vacula, and Mz. Rebecca Bradley)

That should about sum it up.
I'm still a cunt.
Oh, ok. So nothing special, then?

Anyway, my new looks are courtesy of a trampoline accident. Yep! I broke C2 and damaged C3. Doctors say I was less than a millimeter away from death (they call C2 the Hanged Man's vertebrae). Anyway, I spent the week at the hospital, getting metal bars driven into my skull so they could attach weights to keep my spine straight until surgery. They operated on Wednesday, getting to the spot via the front right part of my throat, and soldered C2 and C3 with a titanium plate, using a bone graft from my iliac crest (that's the part that still hurts the most). it was my first time under general anesthesia, and although I was a bit apprehensive, all went well. Now I have to wear Robocop's Sunday Dress 24/7 for the next 3 months, lest I die while moving too much in my sleep. So it's goodbye skydiving and other fun physical activities for me. I'm not sure it's hit me yet.
Jesus, Phil :( Is there anything I/we can do to help?

Southern

Post by Southern »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:One day, anti-otherkin bigots will be revealed for what they are: bigots. In the meantime, I'll take gratuitous insults and slurs in good humour.
What you otherkin people really need a big pile of dirty clothes to wash by hand, dry, and press.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Gumby wrote:Call me a bigot, but I don't think "rational" and "I'm a robot kitten deity" belong in the same sentence.
You're just not thinking laterally. :snooty:

Southern

Post by Southern »

ERV wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Keeping magnets away from him seems to be a good start.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Gumby wrote:Call me a bigot, but I don't think "rational" and "I'm a robot kitten deity" belong in the same sentence.
I find it potentially very rational. Adults like to do role playing. LARPing, furries, team mascots, halloween, etc... and some people do not wish to break character. So long as they internally understand the difference between play and real life, there is no issue. Someone opting not to break character might not seem all that indistinguishable from someone who really believes they are Napoleon. But the mental basket cases, will tend to have real tells as they fail to make sense in all other areas, or they have trouble keeping a consistent character. Plus the mental basket cases will let the character play interfere with real life responsibilities.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I think Phil's post needs to be put in context with his post of last week:

From June 22nd
Hullo!

I just spent a couple of days in the mountains, and it was GOOOOOOD! Except for that trampoline accident that's gonna have me going to the clinic tomorrow morning, if I can sleep at all. I've heard it's not a good sign when your cervicals go "crack" and you can't move your head at all without excruciating pain. Probably just a strain.

One week later...

:o

Take care, Phil.
Pounce tugs from me. Should be easy with you incapacitated like that.
Seriously, sorry you're having a tough time.

Southern

Post by Southern »

You fools. Phil is not injured; he's only preparing himself to attend TAM cosplaying as Nerd of Redhead. Better start practicing your "Citation fucking needed" and "FLOOSH! Dismissed", Phil!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ERV wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
welch wrote: I'm still a cunt.

What did you have in mind? Club together and buy him anti-rust cream? Or maybe a leash for his walkies.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

deLurch is now eligible for the position of prophet.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

It's like Colbert, except Colbert is actually funny.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Southern wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:One day, anti-otherkin bigots will be revealed for what they are: bigots. In the meantime, I'll take gratuitous insults and slurs in good humour.
What you otherkin people really need a big pile of dirty clothes to wash by hand, dry, and press.
Obvious asian dry cleaner slam against RoboKitty's self identified Japanese megatech kitty cartoon anime.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Shit Phil that sucks arse. WTF were you doing on the trampoline? (besides falling off)
So no headbanging for you then chap... my first thought is with 3 months to get through, can you still spank the monkey?
Anyway anything you need that we can provide give us a shout.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ERV wrote: Jesus, Phil :( Is there anything I/we can do to help?
Don't make him laugh.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:Best of luck in your recovery Phil. Now, off to think of a shoop that totally ridicules your situation.
I don't think that 'rational' and 'breaks neck on trampoline' belong in the same sentence!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Søren Lilholt wrote:I think Taming of the Shrew is quite a problematic play, to be fair to Mrs Poo-Eater, but to judge Shakespeare by modern SJW standards reaches a level of idiocy I didn't think even she could manage.
Problematic is that The Tamynge of A Shrowe was performed & printed in 1594. The plot is very is similar to The Shrew of the 1623 First Folio (the first time the title appears with "The" instead of "A"), but is clearly an abbreviated version, inferior in style. Several scholars have identified lines nearly identical to those of Marlowe and Lyly.

This would indicate that either A Shrowe was adapted from The Shrew, or that The Shrew is a revision/improvemt of the earlier version. The conjecture of an Ur-Shrew as source for both violates Occam's Razor.

The name "Shakespeare" was not associated with A/The Shrew until the FF -- up until the, the playwright remained anonymous.

In 1631, a printer exercised his copyright for A Shrowe by publishing the FF version of The Shrew.

In The Shrew, the setting has been changed from Athens to Padua, the description of which is universally agreed to be exceedingly accurate. This would clearly indicate that the author had spent time in that Italian city.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

jimthepleb wrote:Shit Phil that sucks arse. WTF were you doing on the trampoline? (besides falling off)
So no headbanging for you then chap... my first thought is with 3 months to get through, can you still spank the monkey?
I was indulging one of my friends' 11 years old daughter who really wanted to see me on the trampoline. I think it was a conspiracy. No more headbanging ever :(. Monkey still easily spankable as of today.

I just need the lulz right now, so usual Pit stuff is all good.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Lsuoma wrote:
ERV wrote: Jesus, Phil :( Is there anything I/we can do to help?
Don't make him laugh.

https://twitter.com/BjarteSF

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

didymos wrote:
Study Shows Salon Articles Now Written Exclusively While On LSD.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

jimthepleb wrote:Shit Phil that sucks arse. WTF were you doing on the trampoline? (besides falling off)
Who says that he fell off? My money's on ignoring the USAGE EXTÉRIEUR UNIQUEMENT warning and smacking his head on the ceiling.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

another lurker wrote:
Gumby wrote:Best of luck in your recovery Phil. Now, off to think of a shoop that totally ridicules your situation.
I don't think that 'rational' and 'breaks neck on trampoline' belong in the same sentence!
He wanted to be more metal for his band. It was the only rational choice.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Cunt of Personality wrote:
Who says that he fell off? My money's on ignoring the USAGE EXTÉRIEUR UNIQUEMENT warning and smacking his head on the ceiling.
Best theory so far.

I didn't fall off the trampoline. I made a few jumps, the last one got me tilting backwards for some reason, and I fell on the trampoline head and neck first. Kids must be made of rubber to survive a session on that shit.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

deLurch wrote:
another lurker wrote:
He wanted to be more metal for his band. It was the only rational choice.

:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Get better soon, Phil. Save the gorget for LARP.

Weren't we just talking about near-death trampoline experiences?

Teach Trampolines To Not Be Bouncy!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

didymos wrote:Oh, BTW, I found this old thread where the Horde went into full-on rape-apology mode for Oggie, starting here:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-686346

It's chock full of crazy and saccharine sentimentality, in equal measure. Of course, now they all pretend that what they were all talking quite plainly about back then is just some slymer meme.
Can anyone find where Peezus recently defended Ograpist? I want to remind him of it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I just need the lulz right now, so usual Pit stuff is all good.
Quick Phil, hope onto twitter, tumblr & A+ forums and play up your newly highly ranked victim status. Call them all shitlords because of their over privileged health status. If you play it right, we should see a whole slew of paraplegic SJWers in the next two month as they attempt to rank up.

Also, keep in mind Melody knows you pain. She once sprained her ankle.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Southern wrote:
ERV wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Keeping magnets away from him seems to be a good start.
:lol:

Phil, what a huge heap of dumbfuckery to befall you! Hopefully the 'pit and other places will keep you entertained and distracted during the next three months.

Here's a decorating idea:

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/im ... illa_l.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I didn't fall off the trampoline. I made a few jumps, the last one got me tilting backwards for some reason, and I fell on the trampoline head and neck first. Kids must be made of rubber to survive a session on that shit.
Or they don't have as much muscle to do such powerful bounces, and have less mass keeping the impacts within reason.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Looks like the SJW set found a new target to pounce on

The apology letter sounded pretty good to me. But I am not trans, so may be missing something. But some of the commenters seem to feel if CIS women or girls feel uncomfortable in a dressing room with trans women that appear to be men to them...then that is their problem, and fuck them
Maybe the simplest thing to do is to relabel all of the public washrooms with images of either a penis or a vagina, and oblige people to use the one that matches their own "equipment" - which of course some 98% of the population already do .... apparently in any case ....
Rest rooms, lockers, & changing rooms have always been segregated by sex. Men's = anatomical male; Women's = anatomical female.

it's fair to ask why we segregated them in the first place. If a valid purpose still exists, then to ask whether allowing anatomical men to use The Ladies' and vice versa defeats that purpose.

The SJWs redefining of sex to mean nothing more or less than 'what you call yourself', does not make all the previous justifications for segregated facilities go 'poof".

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
didymos wrote:
Study Shows Salon Articles Now Written Exclusively While On LSD.
I believe that's a Salon parody account.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Rest rooms, lockers, & changing rooms have always been segregated by sex. Men's = anatomical male; Women's = anatomical female.

it's fair to ask why we segregated them in the first place. If a valid purpose still exists, then to ask whether allowing anatomical men to use The Ladies' and vice versa defeats that purpose.

The SJWs redefining of sex to mean nothing more or less than 'what you call yourself', does not make all the previous justifications for segregated facilities go 'poof".
You know there have been quite a few arrests made of male trans folk behaving inappropriately in women's spaces, like women's restrooms and women's locker rooms. Plus, whether the snowflakes like it or not, even if you're not misbehaving it's still illegal in most places to possess a dick and invade women's-only areas, like restrooms.

welch

Post by welch »

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I was indulging one of my friends' 11 years old daughter who really wanted to see me on the trampoline. I think it was a conspiracy. No more headbanging ever :(. Monkey still easily spankable as of today.

I think you misunderstood the point of deathmetal.

just sayin'.

welch

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I just need the lulz right now, so usual Pit stuff is all good.
Quick Phil, hope onto twitter, tumblr & A+ forums and play up your newly highly ranked victim status. Call them all shitlords because of their over privileged health status. If you play it right, we should see a whole slew of paraplegic SJWers in the next two month as they attempt to rank up.

Also, keep in mind Melody knows you pain. She once sprained her ankle.
as do I, from accidentally clipping my little fingernail too close. It hurt for like, minutes.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
RebeccaBradley wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Anyone going to TAM this year? (Besides Justin - I know he's going.) Feel free to PM me if you are, & would be interested in crossing paths there.
I'll be there, and will be happy to meet up and hoist a few - beers, I mean.
Hope you're both carrying tasers to ward of the rapists.
I'm guessing that you're more likely to be scratched and bitten at this year's TAM. They have someone like that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote:The SCOTUS just ruled that businesses can deny birth control coverage in their health insurance plans for religious reasons. I am kind of "meh" about the whole topic. If you wanna fuck then maybe you should buy your own bc. Years ago it was common for health plans to not covered bc.

Just my feeling I guess.

I do think this will mobilize more women to vote Democrat however. The "war on women" rages on and the Reps are losing votes big time.
You are aware that "birth control" is used for a lot more than "birth control," right?

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I was indulging one of my friends' 11 years old daughter who really wanted to see me on the trampoline. I think it was a conspiracy. No more headbanging ever :(. Monkey still easily spankable as of today.

Sorry about your accident, Phil! I made this for you:

http://i.imgur.com/jGl129g.jpg

SenorBeagle

Post by SenorBeagle »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I now identify as a Robocopotherkin:

Well, we know what Phil's next evolution will be...

[youtube]hXrNCak63u0[/youtube]

Get yerself well soon, geezer!

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Phil: vigorous yet careful tugs.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

SkepticalCat wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I was indulging one of my friends' 11 years old daughter who really wanted to see me on the trampoline. I think it was a conspiracy. No more headbanging ever :(. Monkey still easily spankable as of today.

Sorry about your accident, Phil! I made this for you:

http://i.imgur.com/jGl129g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d3PihfQ.jpg

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

zenbabe wrote:
Here's a decorating idea:

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/im ... illa_l.jpg
LOL excellent Zbabe!

a couple more ideas Phil. OddlyI knew who to google immediately! seems Lady Gaga does have her uses after all.
http://iamflashdance.com/wp-content/upl ... dpiece.jpg
http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-conte ... omo-02.jpg

And for FT and Phil:

[youtube]PXgcEea_2zo[/youtube]

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

welch wrote:http://existentialcomics.com/comic/35

it is giggle-worthy.
Been done.

[youtube]-2gJamguN04[/youtube]

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

http://i.imgur.com/OUWSv5D.jpg

It's not called the Cone Of Shame for nothing.

Get well soon, Phil!