Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by Lsuoma »

TheMan wrote:
To add.... I refrained from commenting earlier because I couldn't get my head around why Baxter was negotiating with Ben other than for a quick and cheap resolution. I imagined the conversation Baxter would have had with Karen.... I couldn't decide between "Honey...don't worry I'll sort this out for you" and therefore the Menz sorting shit out for the womenz or "Honey bunch...I...i mean we can't afford to have this happen to us, we can't let all this crap come out in public"

But in light of Ben's evidence provided it more likely that Baxter was shitting himself because of her.

I'm not sure how quickly you can get a divorce in the USA but I'd be seeking one quick smart and limit my liability.... he'd have to fork out half the cost if they lost and then get a divorce on the grounds she cheated on him. If he had some balls.
Anyone know which state they live in? Baxter Basics better hope it's not a community property state.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Lsuoma wrote:
TheMan wrote:
To add.... I refrained from commenting earlier because I couldn't get my head around why Baxter was negotiating with Ben other than for a quick and cheap resolution. I imagined the conversation Baxter would have had with Karen.... I couldn't decide between "Honey...don't worry I'll sort this out for you" and therefore the Menz sorting shit out for the womenz or "Honey bunch...I...i mean we can't afford to have this happen to us, we can't let all this crap come out in public"

But in light of Ben's evidence provided it more likely that Baxter was shitting himself because of her.

I'm not sure how quickly you can get a divorce in the USA but I'd be seeking one quick smart and limit my liability.... he'd have to fork out half the cost if they lost and then get a divorce on the grounds she cheated on him. If he had some balls.
Anyone know which state they live in? Baxter Basics better hope it's not a community property state.
Colorado.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:You know those old saws that your grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. would quote and you'd go :roll: ? Like A fool and hir money are soon parted? Well ...
Dana Hunter
2 April 2014 at 9:27 pm (UTC -5) Link to this comment
Gave this month’s earnings, and as long as my financial situation doesn’t tank horribly, I intend to continue donating until Radford has been utterly and completely crushed by Karen’s lawyer. I’m sick of this shit. I’m sick of these jackasses. Time to send them a clear and unforgettable message regarding our unwillingness to allow them to continue preying on people without consequence.

I hope Karen’s found the best in the business, someone who savors a tall glass of defeated harasser tears each morning.
So in other words, you hope you can use financial clout to destroy a seemingly innocent man, all to prop up the SJW fiction that women never lie about sexual harrasment?

There is no other word for these people than evil.
I dunno: maybe their all vying for a knee-trembler from Stealzdough on the rebound.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Why does his chin look like balls?
He really does have a Peter Griffin thing going there, doesn't he?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... riffin.png
Parsehole has them licked.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Za-zen wrote:AVFM should really be on this case. Why?

Because this isn't really about the atheist, skeptic communities, bar the fact that it shines a huge spotlight on the entryist ideologues the pit has been luminating.

The crux of this, is white knight syndrome. It's why her fund raiser sky rocketed, and it's the same reason why scamskeezyian still to this day has her die hard defenders.

The problem in A/S isn't rampant sexism against women, it's that men in the A/S community defer to the vagina, refuse to treat it's existence as inconsequential, and flap around to ensure that no holder of one, ever has to deal with reality on equal terms to those without one. I think it was here that i read, men have to stop putting vaginas on pedestals, and rushing to its defence. Fuck me that is probably the most sexist thing men do to women in the community.
A Voice for Men is working on it as we speak. Dean Esmay is a little worried about Radford throwing AVfM under the bus for trying to help but, honestly, Radford would be an idiot to do that and The Docs do show, I think, that Radford reputation as an idiot has been greatly exaggerated.

At this point it's all about eyes on the page and dollars in the till. Considering how Radford was callously vilified by scumbags and morons for months and months, a full-on public counter-attack is the only hop[e he has of restoring his reputation. Thing about the claim that after he was dragged through the public square and pelted with fruit, that he should now quietly retire to court: I don't get it. Not one bit. It almost sounds like concern trolling, if you ask me.

I'm just waiting for Aneris' next "wellll....maayyybe she's still telling the truth" post.

As you know, Friday is a crap day to get any attention. They have the weekend to mull over it and put something out by Monday.

The most important thing is not more polemics, but to point people right to those source documents that show Stollznow is a violent, vindictive Borderline Personality nutcase who has used the guns the Harassment Arsenal has left laying around to shoot down an ex lover who had the gall to get over her.

As I pointed out to Baxter, quoting Chris Rock: "You weren't her first choice" Stollznow's actions only make sense if she felt hurt and rejected (and having to settle for Baxter) when Radford didn't respond in the proper manner to her hot and cold manipulations and then, horror, started to not be on her team by pointing out how little work she did on Monster Talk. The means to destroy him were already put in place by the Clown Car and she took advantage of them. So easy to do, it's almost as if you can hardly blame her. Almost as if.

This is a men's issue and an issue in skepticism, considering how easily the destruction was accomplished and how quick people were to grab their pitchforks and torches.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Hunt wrote:
Plonk wrote:
Sunder wrote:Even if he was unfairly targeted he retroactively deserves it because he defended himself too vigorously.
It's frightening, isn't it? The Pharyngula comment section is depressing at the best of times, but this is something else. Comment 226 (quoted by Dick Strawkins a few comments above) shows the worst of it. An attitude of "he's guilty until proven innocent" would be an improvement, because at least innocence would still be an option.
Oh man, et tu Oraca?
Orac wrote:I, too, am appalled. Although I let loose on Radford a month or two ago on false rape accusations for that execrable article he wrote without disclosing his conflicts of interest, I tried to remain assiduously agnostic regarding who was in the right in this case, simply because I didn’t have enough data to make a judgment. (I still don’t, this “data dump”—if you can call it that—notwithstanding.) As has been pointed out, however, even if Radford is 100% the wronged party in this case, his posting all this stuff to the web, particularly those pictures, is still the biggest dick move I’ve seen in a very, very long time.
What is this weird brain wave distortion that Pharyngula seems to impose on people who comment there? I know these are otherwise intelligent people. What is wrong with them?
You don't have to be mad to post there, but it helps. ;)

It's a simple by-product of the fact that if you disagree with the party line, you get banned (or at least dogpiled). Witness the reaction to that sap who mentioned that Karen faked email dates. He just stated an incontrovertible fact of the case, nothing more, and was called out for it.

To be honest, this has stopped being funny for me. These people are just abject filth, as vile in their own way as any other extremist group.

John D

Post by John D »

James Caruthers wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So Baxter, please: get out now! And take the cat with you. She'll kill the cat.
The police report about Baxter and the kitten bothered me.
http://i.imgur.com/spCCWMn.jpg

He "bumps" the kitten on the nose and ends up taking it to the vet? That was some "bump".
He's probably just a Nice Guy, and he was busy being a Nice Guy and got upset when he thought he had hurt the kitten. Which Karen of course abused by peeping his laptop.

Baxter may very well be a genuinely kind soul, but he sounds like a sucker on twitter when he describes how Karen "cut and pasted" emails to him. And after all the lying he claims to have witnessed from her end, he still believes that she is being honest about this shit.

I just have to say, any woman who snoops my laptop is out the door. It's usually a good sign of nutso instability.
Haha. My wife was snooping at my electronic reader and noticed some links to some pron. She says "I know what you have been doing! I saw the links on your nook to pron sites. There certainly is a large variety of stuff online." That's all she said. No wonder we are still married after 30 years.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Lsuoma wrote:
TheMan wrote:

Don't count on anyone thinking straight. Siege mentality does funny things to people. I expect both sides are digging in.

Long time Lurker

Post by Long time Lurker »

I've lurked here for quite some time - pushed here by the guilty-until-proven-innocent rhetoric spouted by a very vocal sect in the A/S community.

However the RadStollz saga has done damage to more than both parties involved. It has shone a bright light on the A/S conference circuit and how much of an small, damaged world it has become. Why would anyone want to part with their hard earned cash to go to a conference which should focus on honing one's skeptical techniques, when in fact it becomes nothing more than the oppression Olympics and how guilty one should feel. Why would I want to go listen to any of the parties involved in the RadStollz saga (from rage bloggers to the main characters) when it comes to skepticism? Why on Earth would someone go to a conference where even the slightest reference to a dongle or t-shirt may cause such offense that it could literally ruin your life if a SJW decides to pounce on you.

The whole environment is toxic. The whole environment has been ruined by the personal sagas between people. There is no place for sexual assault or harassment at any public event - but if it does happen, report it to the authorities and let the investigation decide what the verdict is. Not a blog.

Apparently the school yard equivalent of "Jenny told me that Johnny did it" is evidence these days, amplified by rage bloggers, seems to be enough to convict anyone of a crime. The sad reality is that these SJW morons have struck down each skeptical pillar to rampage their way to a verdict. In due time, their rampage will come back to haunt them when they can't hide behind the crushed pillars to save themselves from their own rhetoric.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Back to lurking.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Long time Lurker wrote:I've lurked here for quite some time - pushed here by the guilty-until-proven-innocent rhetoric spouted by a very vocal sect in the A/S community.

However the RadStollz saga has done damage to more than both parties involved. It has shone a bright light on the A/S conference circuit and how much of an small, damaged world it has become. Why would anyone want to part with their hard earned cash to go to a conference which should focus on honing one's skeptical techniques, when in fact it becomes nothing more than the oppression Olympics and how guilty one should feel. Why would I want to go listen to any of the parties involved in the RadStollz saga (from rage bloggers to the main characters) when it comes to skepticism? Why on Earth would someone go to a conference where even the slightest reference to a dongle or t-shirt may cause such offense that it could literally ruin your life if a SJW decides to pounce on you.

The whole environment is toxic. The whole environment has been ruined by the personal sagas between people. There is no place for sexual assault or harassment at any public event - but if it does happen, report it to the authorities and let the investigation decide what the verdict is. Not a blog.

Apparently the school yard equivalent of "Jenny told me that Johnny did it" is evidence these days, amplified by rage bloggers, seems to be enough to convict anyone of a crime. The sad reality is that these SJW morons have struck down each skeptical pillar to rampage their way to a verdict. In due time, their rampage will come back to haunt them when they can't hide behind the crushed pillars to save themselves from their own rhetoric.

Somebodies been watching 'A Man For All Seasons.' :dance:

John D

Post by John D »

rayshul wrote:I just think all guys find mental chicks hot. That's why we have the "femme fatale" type and the "manic pixie dream girl", which cater to the two ends of sexiness. More or lessly.
Don't put your dick in crazy. Maybe I am unusual, but I find crazy to be repulsive in real life. In pron, crazy is great.... but NEVER in real life. In real life I make sure I separate myself from crazy.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Long time Lurker wrote:I've lurked here for quite some time - pushed here by the guilty-until-proven-innocent rhetoric spouted by a very vocal sect in the A/S community.

If I were a sexist asshole I might call this "hegemonic toxic femininity" or some shit.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really?

Post by Really? »

debaser71 wrote:

If I were a sexist asshole I might call this "hegemonic toxic femininity" or some shit.
That sounds like a wonderful title for a university class. Would you like tenure and a book deal with a scholarly pre---

Oh, you said, "femininity." Not "masculinity."

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

John D wrote:
rayshul wrote:I just think all guys find mental chicks hot. That's why we have the "femme fatale" type and the "manic pixie dream girl", which cater to the two ends of sexiness. More or lessly.
Don't put your dick in crazy. Maybe I am unusual, but I find crazy to be repulsive in real life. In pron, crazy is great.... but NEVER in real life. In real life I make sure I separate myself from crazy.
People like delusions. Spotting crazy early and having the awareness to throw smoke and run is a discipline i think most lack when it comes to partners. What people tend to do is to accentuate the positives and excuse the negatives in a new partner, why? Because they project the characteristics of their ideal mate onto their new match, and it is only through time that they realise, this person wasn't who they thought they were. Or more accurately, who the wanted them to be.

Dave

Post by Dave »

John D wrote:
The problem is crazy often, well, fucks like crazy.

Before I was married, I spelunked my share of crazy caves, and more often than not, the craycray were very good in bed. I am fortunate that none of these relationships lasted long and I never got particularly deep into the lunacy, not because I always recognized them as crazy, people who are crazy are often good at hiding it, often it was just a general not feeling right about the relationship. But I can see how someone else might overlook many of the early small signs because the sex is good.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Michael J wrote:
Mykeru wrote: ...

Well, here's one cropped where Bax admits the "evidence" he saw, and CFI got, was stuff Stollznow forwarded or cut and pasted to him:
parabaxter10_crop_TweetDeck.jpg
Collating them with my Tweets is going to be a bitch and a half. Thanks, Bax, you weenie-boy.
Interesting that he didn't tell obvious troll to FO. Also that comment in the email after Apology-gate "if you are sure nothing will go wrong" could now go from something sinister to an honest warning from Baxter to Radford.

I think Baxter would crack if he wasn't in fear for his life. Could we start a fund to rent a back-chopper to airlift him out of harms way.

I believe I thought at the time it was more along the lines of "you know her as well as I do man ... how lucky do you feel?"

dogen

Post by dogen »

Za-zen wrote:
John D wrote:
People like delusions. Spotting crazy early and having the awareness to throw smoke and run is a discipline i think most lack when it comes to partners. What people tend to do is to accentuate the positives and excuse the negatives in a new partner, why? Because they project the characteristics of their ideal mate onto their new match, and it is only through time that they realise, this person wasn't who they thought they were. Or more accurately, who the wanted them to be.
At first I was like me x her = 0, but now I'm me . her = 0

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

feralandproud wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-777474

Peezus must be having his morning fap, this got through :o
And just below, Orac really disappoints me by going with the "it doesn't matter whether or not Karen made the whole thing up, Ben's 'data-dump' is the biggest dick move ever" narrative. Funny—I would think that false accusations made publicly in a way that ruined the accused's reputation among his peers would be a dickier move than the accused's responding publicly with evidence that happens to be embarrassing for the accuser, especially if the accused worked hard on negotiating a settlement before going this route.

Orac, you do amazing work, but you're a fucking asshole. Okay, you're not a PZ-level asshole, but you're still a fucking asshole.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-777499

Whiskey Tango

Post by Whiskey Tango »

I really hope Karen Stollznow was a fucking epic lay, and that Ben Radford enjoyed years of mind-blowing orgasms. I hope that sex with her was so fucking incredible that fucking, say, Bar Rafaeli would be considered just a pale imitation. I hope it was True Blood vampire sex, the kind where your eyelids stutter at 30 FPS and orgasms are like 500 megaton explosions.

Otherwise it just doesn't seem worth it. I mean, holy fuck, what is wrong with these people? They're both now fused to this story for the rest of their lives -- this is what's going to define them until they die. Radford the skeptic and investigator is gone...he's Radford the accused rapist, and he will always be. And Karen Stollznow the writer and skeptic is long dead...she'll be Karen Stollznow the psychopath, accusation hobbyist and sex fiend for the rest of her life.

And, of course, this is, what, drama 20,376 for the skeptic community in the past few years? What a clusterfuck of childish egos. And worse, because it's all done under the banner of "science" and "skeptical activism," these drooling retards are allowed to operate under the delusion that they're a better class of people than the average idiot.

And I can't say this is surprising, but after following the link above to PZ's comment section, I just have to SMH at their new attack mode and response to the info-dump. Their girl has been waging a PR war against this dude for, what, years now? And the first time he responds after a long, deafening silence, they go ballistic because he's "waging a war of public opinion"?

Man...why do some people even bother engaging with them? It's like banging your head against a wall. You will never be rewarded with honest dialog, ever, so why do these dudes make Youtube vids every three days and respond to every glop of feces that secretes from the mouth of PZ, Watson or the rest of them? Fuck. The only thing left to do is mock them.

Whiskey Tango

Post by Whiskey Tango »

Spot on, but I'd just like to point out that the dongle incident happened at a tech conference, so even if you're not in SJW territory, you can still be swept up in their bullshit.

Also, anyone who has gone to TAM or any of those conferences in the past 5-8 years has already wasted their time. What could you possibly learn from 25-year-old women with no life experience, no science background and no history of skeptical activism? The instant JREF and the others folded under the "not enough women" complaint, it was all fucked, and led immediately to a rush of completely unqualified speakers at those events.

They could have put real effort into courting authentic female scientists. God knows there are enough of them. But that would have taken time and effort, amirite? So instead they ceded ground to the Watsons and Mayhews of the world, who have no scientific background and have nothing to teach the attendees, and suddenly "more women" meant awful talks by people who have no business being on stage.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Hopefully Radford wouldn't be as dim, as to reject aid from AVFM, the A/S sphere is infested with ideological loony tunes, and gullible twits who've jumped from one religion to the doctrine of their brand new one.........

Those people, who actually can see what is happening are for the most part too shit scared of stepping up incase it lands on their doorstep, (the old, "they came for the ..... And i did nothing" head meet sand routine). He needs a voice to counter the ideologues, AVFM, is the one for it. Ironic, in the skeptical community isn't it. You'd think it's front people would be out defending, well the idea of evidence. they're a joke.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

This comment from FtB sycophant Jacob Schmidt illustrates perfectly the type of mental gymnastics required to simultaneously support the public outing and shaming of B Radford, while at the same time condemning his public rebuttal.
How is a public accusation a violation of privacy? It isn’t. It really isn’t. The photo Radford released, however, is. We condemn the latter as a violation of privacy; the former, not being a violation of privacy, is not condemned on such grounds.

So public accusations are fine and dandy, but evidence showing the public accusations to be unfounded shall be considered a violation of privacy. So sayeth the FtB morons.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CuntajusRationality wrote:This comment from FtB sycophant Jacob Schmidt illustrates perfectly the type of mental gymnastics required to simultaneously support the public outing and shaming of B Radford, while at the same time condemning his public rebuttal.
How is a public accusation a violation of privacy? It isn’t. It really isn’t. The photo Radford released, however, is. We condemn the latter as a violation of privacy; the former, not being a violation of privacy, is not condemned on such grounds.

So public accusations are fine and dandy, but evidence showing the public accusations to be unfounded shall be considered a violation of privacy. So sayeth the FtB morons.
So, were the arrest photos necessary? The arrest document listed her name as SEALED. Without the arrest photos, he would not have proof that it was her.

She backed him into a corner and made him prove himself. It isn't as if he hasn't kept his mouth shut for a long time. She gave him very little choice.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Peezus has a new post up about some idiotic startup company who made a periscope attachment for phone cameras that they actually advertise as helping you to take upskirt and downblouse pictures (it can be used for non pervy stuff too but they seem to be aiming at least partly for the pervert market.)

OK, that's fair enough. It's a creepy company and they seem to be encouraging upskirt type photography which is banned in many states and countries.

But, of course, he can't just make the valid point without explaining it in the light of Peezus - namely it is the dudebros again!
More than that he ends with a loopy man-hating Sinfest cartoon and the following pitiful line:

"Thanks, dudebros. It makes me sad that my presence can make women feel oppressed, thanks to you."

http://i.imgur.com/ZN01z6v.jpg

Why should he connect all men and even himself to the actions of some lame startup twerps?
It's like some weird religious absolution sacrament, whereupon he must take on the sins of others (just the dudebros, mind, not those of women who do something wrong.)

I doubt that the actions of these startup idiots make any woman creeped out or 'oppressed' by Peezus.
What would make them feel creeped out is knowing about the rape accusation situation in his past and how he dealt with it, how badly he treats any woman who doesn't happen to agree with him, and seeing the contents of his Hentai Tentacle Rape folder on his hard drive.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Michael J wrote:
I think Baxter would crack if he wasn't in fear for his life. Could we start a fund to rent a back-chopper to airlift him out of harms way.
They made a movie about that:

http://fireinthejungle.files.wordpress. ... bodrop.png

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Exactly, deLurch.

I can't for the life of me imagine any of the baboons crying foul over the release of arrest photos stemming from a DV incident if the arrested party were a man.

That said, have any of the baboons complained about the arrest photos? I know they've complained about the bed photo, but that one's obviously necessary also as evidence that a consenting sexual relationship between Ben and Karen persisted long after Karen claims to have broken things off and repeatedly told him to keep away.

But I also have a hard time picturing the baboons crying foul over the release of a private photo under similar circumstances were the sexes of the involved parties reversed.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Exactly, deLurch.

I can't for the life of me imagine any of the baboons crying foul over the release of arrest photos stemming from a DV incident if the arrested party were a man.

That said, have any of the baboons complained about the arrest photos? I know they've complained about the bed photo, but that one's obviously necessary also as evidence that a consenting sexual relationship between Ben and Karen persisted long after Karen claims to have broken things off and repeatedly told him to keep away.

But I also have a hard time picturing the baboons crying foul over the release of a private photo under similar circumstances were the sexes of the involved parties reversed.
How dare he show a lady in a state of undress, you know, to prove that she did infact get into a state of undress with him, you know cause without the photo, they sure are going to believe it...... Where did all the sex positivity go...... Shame on him! No gentleman would have done such a thing, he's a cad, and not living by white knight rules.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

The way Peezus complains about that photo you'd think it was some kind of hardcore sexual image.
In fact it was less sexual than the following image:

http://i.imgur.com/0uD6g.jpg

I'm not sure where the original is located - probably Watsons public Flickr account.

The basis of Peezus complaint seems to be that Radford is revealing Stollznow to be someone who has sex outside marriage.
It's a weird almost victorian sensibility to sexuality, completely out of tune with modern liberal society.

He's basically saying that Radford, in revealing Stollznow has been having sex, has shown the world she is a slut! Shame!

John D

Post by John D »

Dave wrote:
John D wrote:
The problem is crazy often, well, fucks like crazy.

Before I was married, I spelunked my share of crazy caves, and more often than not, the craycray were very good in bed. I am fortunate that none of these relationships lasted long and I never got particularly deep into the lunacy, not because I always recognized them as crazy, people who are crazy are often good at hiding it, often it was just a general not feeling right about the relationship. But I can see how someone else might overlook many of the early small signs because the sex is good.
I expect you are probably right. I am fairly private about sex and have had just one sex partner. I used to have some feelings of regret that I hadn't messed around more. But, my wife and I were pretty happy most of the time. Life is never easy and we were both committed to sticking together. Now that I am over 50 I look back and realize I have already had a fucking awesome life. No regrets. My wife and I still have good sex (although it is not a frequent as it used to be). I am happy I traded a super active and crazy sex life for the life I have now.

I remember my mom telling me that I should date more people rather than settle down when I did at the age of 19. She was worried I was not experienced enough to make a good choice. I am glad I didn't take my mothers advice in this case. I had found my slightly shy, hillbilly, atheist wife... and I had no need for anything else.

My advice to my kids is different than my mom's advice to me. I think the trick is to make high quality honest relationships rather than shop around. Both my girls have steady and solid boyfriends. I am not 100% sure it will work out for them, but at least they have avoided hooking up with crazies.

I don't think crazy is that hard to spot. I just think people accept it in others and still decide to hook up. The key is honesty. My wife and I NEVER lie to each other. If I had caught her in a lie when we were dating it would have had serious impact. We never even told each other small lies.

I just think I have such a low tolerance for crazy or dishonesty that I screened it out. It took me a long time to find someone. I hardly dated till I was 18. I was so honest most girls found me to be weird, and I was so cautious that I never pursued any of the party girls I had dated once or twice.

Well... that's my long boring story... and as always, I may be completely full of shit.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Does HJ Hornbeck have diabetes? :shifty:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkTaeMDIMAA30ZP.jpg

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Peezus has a new post up about some idiotic startup company who made a periscope attachment for phone cameras that they actually advertise as helping you to take upskirt and downblouse pictures (it can be used for non pervy stuff too but they seem to be aiming at least partly for the pervert market.)

OK, that's fair enough. It's a creepy company and they seem to be encouraging upskirt type photography which is banned in many states and countries.

But, of course, he can't just make the valid point without explaining it in the light of Peezus - namely it is the dudebros again!
More than that he ends with a loopy man-hating Sinfest cartoon and the following pitiful line:

"Thanks, dudebros. It makes me sad that my presence can make women feel oppressed, thanks to you."

http://i.imgur.com/ZN01z6v.jpg

Why should he connect all men and even himself to the actions of some lame startup twerps?
It's like some weird religious absolution sacrament, whereupon he must take on the sins of others (just the dudebros, mind, not those of women who do something wrong.)

I doubt that the actions of these startup idiots make any woman creeped out or 'oppressed' by Peezus.
What would make them feel creeped out is knowing about the rape accusation situation in his past and how he dealt with it, how badly he treats any woman who doesn't happen to agree with him, and seeing the contents of his Hentai Tentacle Rape folder on his hard drive.
I'm amazed that he didn't cite the buzzo case as evidence that this is going to lead to an outbreak of upskirts in the already upskirt embattled atheist conference scene.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Whiskey Tango wrote: Spot on, but I'd just like to point out that the dongle incident happened at a tech conference, so even if you're not in SJW territory, you can still be swept up in their bullshit.
Why do people do this? Meaning people who are watching out for the SJW's?

Because there's no such thing as "their territory". They're currently in a massive multi-front battle pushing into pretty much everything. Once you know it's there you can't avoid it. It's everywhere. So you might as well mock it, while at the same time educating other people that it's a thing.

Quite frankly, to put it bluntly that there's a locust swarm of self-aggrandizing looking to use SJW ideology in pretty much every field to gain personal fame and fortune. There's a bazillion Sarkeesians, Watsons, and Parks out there doing this.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Whiskey Tango wrote:I really hope Karen Stollznow was a fucking epic lay, and that Ben Radford enjoyed years of mind-blowing orgasms. I hope that sex with her was so fucking incredible that fucking, say, Bar Rafaeli would be considered just a pale imitation. I hope it was True Blood vampire sex, the kind where your eyelids stutter at 30 FPS and orgasms are like 500 megaton explosions.

Otherwise it just doesn't seem worth it. I mean, holy fuck, what is wrong with these people? They're both now fused to this story for the rest of their lives -- this is what's going to define them until they die. Radford the skeptic and investigator is gone...he's Radford the accused rapist, and he will always be. And Karen Stollznow the writer and skeptic is long dead...she'll be Karen Stollznow the psychopath, accusation hobbyist and sex fiend for the rest of her life.

And, of course, this is, what, drama 20,376 for the skeptic community in the past few years? What a clusterfuck of childish egos. And worse, because it's all done under the banner of "science" and "skeptical activism," these drooling retards are allowed to operate under the delusion that they're a better class of people than the average idiot.

And I can't say this is surprising, but after following the link above to PZ's comment section, I just have to SMH at their new attack mode and response to the info-dump. Their girl has been waging a PR war against this dude for, what, years now? And the first time he responds after a long, deafening silence, they go ballistic because he's "waging a war of public opinion"?

Man...why do some people even bother engaging with them? It's like banging your head against a wall. You will never be rewarded with honest dialog, ever, so why do these dudes make Youtube vids every three days and respond to every glop of feces that secretes from the mouth of PZ, Watson or the rest of them? Fuck. The only thing left to do is mock them.
Didn't take you long to figure it out. That's why the pit is the demon.

We mock them into the ground.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

Karmakin wrote:
Whiskey Tango wrote: Spot on, but I'd just like to point out that the dongle incident happened at a tech conference, so even if you're not in SJW territory, you can still be swept up in their bullshit.
Why do people do this? Meaning people who are watching out for the SJW's?

Because there's no such thing as "their territory". They're currently in a massive multi-front battle pushing into pretty much everything. Once you know it's there you can't avoid it. It's everywhere. So you might as well mock it, while at the same time educating other people that it's a thing.

Quite frankly, to put it bluntly that there's a locust swarm of self-aggrandizing looking to use SJW ideology in pretty much every field to gain personal fame and fortune. There's a bazillion Sarkeesians, Watsons, and Parks out there doing this.
^ a thousand times THIS.
When I first became interested in the SJL, my fiancee(then gf)thought I was kinda nuts, just seeing things that weren't there. She'd get angry about me calling people out on this bullshit in public. I finally convinced her to actually take a look around, going so far as to point things out on her FB from friends and family that she'd overlooked(mansplainin' i guess :D ). Nowadays, more often than not, she's as fucking fed up with it as I am.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I've been struck by that, too. Not just in this exact scenario, but in PZ's frequent "we sinful awful men must protect the delicate innocent wimmen" tag lines.

____

Re the KS/BR thing:

She accuses him (w/ identity only thinly veiled) of repeated sexual harassment, & sexual assault; therefore he's evil, and it's open season on him on the internet. She gives a specific time frame.

He remains silent; therefore he must be guilty.

He files suit; therefore he is evil.

He too eagerly publishes what he had hoped would be her retraction; therefore he is evil, a liar & fraud, etc.

He says the suit will go to trial; therefore he is evil & she needs money for her defense, for herself and all (female) victims of sexual assault. Money pours in; she changes her plan as it does, from donating whatever's not spent on her defense to countersuing him; hurray because he is so evil.

He finally presents evidence that her claims against him do not hold water. The purported email from MB doesn't have documentation of validity that the rest of the evidence does, but even without that it looks pretty damning, including that KS initiated trysts with BR well after the time that she claims he was pursuing her against her expressed wishes. Also including police reports of 2 domestic violence situations between KS & MB, one of which led to her arrest for assault against her male partner, MB.

He (BR) includes among the evidence a photo of them in bed, purportedly taken during the tryst she arranged about a year into the time period in which she has claimed publicly that he was pursuing her against her will. Her face is not visible, nor are any 'private parts'; he uses her hand to demonstrate that indeed the person pictured is quite likely her, and other evidence (apparently vouched for by third parties who do this type of vouching professionally) to try to demonstrate that the whole situation runs quite counter to her public claims about him as aggressor.

Yet again, his presentation of evidence contesting her public claims about his evilness proves that he is evil. Some say it's because this should all be private or kept for the trial; some seem to be saying it's because he revealed information about her that she would want to remain private (including, presumably the police reports & her mug shots, which are the evidence that she was the person whose name was redacted who was arrested for assault of MB); some seem to be restricting their ire for the photo of them in bed, saying that's the part that violates her privacy, perhaps especially because her hand was in front of her face; some may be seeing the photo as evidence that she was there against her will.

In some people's eyes he will never be able to escape the stain of his sins, whereas his former girlfriend remains angelic in their eyes, despite evidence of halo slippage.

Aristocat

Post by Aristocat »

My brother has BPD. He had a colonoscopy done which fucked with his meds then went out to a bar with his GF. He stepped out to buy a pack of smokes but the store was closed so he threw a brick through the store window went back to the bar for a bit. On his way home walked past the store. There were cops there and when he asked them what happened they arrested him. He told me that when he was in the back of the cruiser he recited the Mike Tyson rant to the cops. You know the "I'll fuck you till you love me, faggot" rant...

BPD, never a dull moment. Pretty sure I'll get a call one day informing me he offed himself. Mental illness is a bitch.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

That halo of hers spent a long time round her ankles, but she always kept it on long enough to play the gender card when it mattered.

As to those who say, Radford should have kept those things private. Fucking apologist wankers looking for any out to paint Radford as the bad guy. Radford escalated as necessary in an attempt to protect himself from the assination job being done on him. In his place i'd have dropped the motherload of everything i had on her on day one, including whatever sex vids i had of her with Baxter in a ball gag.

That was Radford's problem, he woke up to the reality that she was out to destroy him, and playing nice wasn't going to work, too late in the game. When he should have nuked her to begin with.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Za-zen wrote:That halo of hers spent a long time round her ankles, but she always kept it on long enough to play the gender card when it mattered.

As to those who say, Radford should have kept those things private. Fucking apologist wankers looking for any out to paint Radford as the bad guy. Radford escalated as necessary in an attempt to protect himself from the assination job being done on him. In his place i'd have dropped the motherload of everything i had on her on day one, including whatever sex vids i had of her with Baxter in a ball gag.

That was Radford's problem, he woke up to the reality that she was out to destroy him, and playing nice wasn't going to work, too late in the game. When he should have nuked her to begin with.
You know, if she hadn't played the retraction game, that statement Radford put out would have been his last word on this subject.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

piginthecity wrote:One thing's for sure, and that's that the Radford/Stollznow reconciliation sex session is going to be one monumental cataclysmic event.

Complete with fifty thousand dollars worth of champagne, flowers and penthouse suites and Baxter gimped up in the corner !
Normally I enjoy cuckold porn, but I don't think I could stomach this.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So Baxter, please: get out now! And take the cat with you. She'll kill the cat.
The police report about Baxter and the kitten bothered me.
http://i.imgur.com/spCCWMn.jpg

He "bumps" the kitten on the nose and ends up taking it to the vet? That was some "bump".
Grrr.....
My read was the kitten was not injured, but Stollzy used it as an opportunity to shame and beat on Bax.

But still, swatting a kitten for jumping on your keyboard? None of the bullshit Baxter writes about is that important.

John D

Post by John D »

Za-zen wrote:That halo of hers spent a long time round her ankles, but she always kept it on long enough to play the gender card when it mattered.

Totally agree - A broken reputation is too hard to fix. Always... ALWAYS.. respond to an attack on your reputation at 10 times the original assault. In your defense you should be specific, focused, and quick to reply. Your attacker must be shown how expensive it is to go after you. I teach this to my kids. NEVER forgive someone for attacking your reputation.

Radford should have immediately published his full story complete with photos, and timeline. He probably still had some feelings for K so he hoped the whole thing would blow over. Now, it is too late. There will always be people who doubt him... even if he wins in court.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

deLurch wrote:

You know, if she hadn't played the retraction game, that statement Radford put out would have been his last word on this subject.
He made it abundantly clear at that point he wanted his reputation restored (as far as it fucking could be, with those "no smoke without fire" wankers at fftb) and to move on. What they actually want for him is to role over play dead, and fit into their narrative. That's what they're really fucked off about, reality knocking on the dormroom of their fantasy. They don't like the tenets of their religion being destroyed.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Whiskey Tango wrote:I really hope Karen Stollznow was a fucking epic lay, and that Ben Radford enjoyed years of mind-blowing orgasms. I hope that sex with her was so fucking incredible that fucking, say, Bar Rafaeli would be considered just a pale imitation. I hope it was True Blood vampire sex, the kind where your eyelids stutter at 30 FPS and orgasms are like 500 megaton explosions.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HMzlTckeSbo/U ... s+post.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Thank god there is an antidote to Stollznow/Radford/Elyse stomach:

[youtube]9pZ7qmAFltg[/youtube]

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

Randomfactor
3 April 2014 at 11:24 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment
She gets another $20 from me this morning.

Even if he wins in court, or his extortion succeeds, it seems he’s shown he’s guilty. He’s lost.

And so, sadly, has CFI as long as he remains there.

And any place that hires him to speak to the public.
Definitely one of my favorite parts of the current drama. Remember everyone, donations only count if you make sure to announce them to the cult group. Double oppression points bonus if they cause you financial hardship.
cunts :bjarte:

Casual Nemesis

Post by Casual Nemesis »

What I like best about the police report and accompanying pictures is that it destroys the overall Stollznow as victim narrative, the greater women always as victims narrative, the always believe the victim (women) stance, and highlights the quality of the person that the baboons just shoveled tens of thousands of dollars at.

No doubt why we are seeing such histrionic indignation and cognitive contortionism.

Git

Post by Git »

And in a similar vein, one for the men-lovers amongst us:

[youtube]6FWPbXChzDg[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:I know that several people on here seemed - before this Great Reveal - to be tending toward the Stollznow side of the affair. Has this altered your views at all?
I'd never even heard of Stollznow or Radford before this affair, mainly because they have virtually no influence on the outside world. So I had no pre-existing opinions about them.

When Stollzy initially published her account at SciAm Blogs, I leaned toward believing it in general, though I recall being disappointed in the vagueness, and also her reference to Beckybooze.

Steadily, as more came out, and also through observing the behavior of the players, I grew ever more doubtful of her account. I'd become fairly confident that Rads & Stollz had continued an on again, off again romance long after she claimed harassment, but that perhaps he'd pressed too hard on occasion for it to be on again. I figured she was just pissy because the real world didn't accept her over-broad, PoMo-inspired definition of "harassment" & "assault."

But in the wake of the retraction drama, and watching Baxter's pitiable attempts to deal with her perfidy, (nto to mention Radford''s wink-wink nudge-nudge post on false accusations) I began to suspect she'd made up the harassment to cover for getting caught with her pants down. I'd forgotten about her 2009(?) accusations of sexual harassment against that org in Oz.

Now, with Radford's detailed & exhaustive revelations, I am fully convinced that Karen Stollznow is a psychotic, a pathological liar, a violent, vindictive monster.

My schadenfreude at seeing the apoplexy of the SJL, now that the poster girl for their anti-harassment crusade has a mug shot, is almost beyond description.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

And yet MGTOW, which (whatever its faults) seeks to have men just leave women alone and asks for the same in return, is misogyny.

Makes sense.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

feralandproud wrote:
Randomfactor
3 April 2014 at 11:24 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment
She gets another $20 from me this morning.

Even if he wins in court, or his extortion succeeds, it seems he’s shown he’s guilty. He’s lost.

And so, sadly, has CFI as long as he remains there.

And any place that hires him to speak to the public.
Definitely one of my favorite parts of the current drama. Remember everyone, donations only count if you make sure to announce them to the cult group. Double oppression points bonus if they cause you financial hardship.
cunts :bjarte:
"He's shown he's guilty"?! :o

What, by providing cast-iron evidence Stollsample faked emails?!? :o :roll:

These cunts are committing intellectual suicide, aren't they? What a grim spectacle.

Southern

Post by Southern »

No words from Stollszown yet? Bugger. I want blood. Please, Karen my dear, do deliver.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Southern

Post by Southern »

You know what? People should start re-spreading the rumors that PZ Myers sexually harassed a student. He may say it's not true, but it seems that it can be shown that he's guilty. Involve Thimbledick too, since he admitted he harassed a female student too. Somebody in for trying to find those two girls and getting some internet shaming counter-campaign going? It might as well be fun, since the FTB jackasses like it so much.

Really?

Post by Really? »

This might be my favorite part of the whole thing. Not only are the Horde harboring Ogvorbis, but they're protecting someone with a history of domestic violence.

Wouldn't it be great if Mykeru and everyone who interacts with them on Twitter changes their avatar to a domestic violence ribbon for a day?

And I love how any 'extra' money Stollzy gets will go to battered woman...seeing as how she's a woman who does the battering.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Za-zen wrote:Hopefully Radford wouldn't be as dim, as to reject aid from AVFM, the A/S sphere is infested with ideological loony tunes, and gullible twits who've jumped from one religion to the doctrine of their brand new one.........

Those people, who actually can see what is happening are for the most part too shit scared of stepping up incase it lands on their doorstep, (the old, "they came for the ..... And i did nothing" head meet sand routine). He needs a voice to counter the ideologues, AVFM, is the one for it. Ironic, in the skeptical community isn't it. You'd think it's front people would be out defending, well the idea of evidence. they're a joke.
Personally I would not touch AvFM with a barge pole. They have their own agenda and sometimes their method of communication is as shrill and evidence free as the SJW's. This should not be about the sex of the parties but the truth. The SJW's want to make it all about horrible men versus helpless women and that is their Achilles heal. Involving AvFM would be the dumbest thing I can thing of as you are then playing their game. If Radford is smart he will have no part of it and could end up having to defend himself from two angles. It's a stupid idea.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Well, if either Karen or Matt are worried about each other, PeeZee should do the right white knight thing and take Karen into his home. Yes, offer shelter, not just cash and internet attention drama. Really rescue her. I'm absolutely certain that would work out just fine.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The one in white is a total babe!

Really?

Post by Really? »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Hopefully Radford wouldn't be as dim, as to reject aid from AVFM, the A/S sphere is infested with ideological loony tunes, and gullible twits who've jumped from one religion to the doctrine of their brand new one.........

Personally I would not touch AvFM with a barge pole. They have their own agenda and sometimes their method of communication is as shrill and evidence free as the SJW's. This should not be about the sex of the parties but the truth. The SJW's want to make it all about horrible men versus helpless women and that is their Achilles heal. Involving AvFM would be the dumbest thing I can thing of as you are then playing their game. If Radford is smart he will have no part of it and could end up having to defend himself from two angles. It's a stupid idea.
That's a good point. Why doesn't Radford seek help from a similar organization that defends men as strongly as women when it comes to sexual harassment, sexual assault and similar crimes?

There are, like, a million organizations like that.