Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Mykeru

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Mykeru »

BarnOwl wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Here's a version without the first rule of journalism broken (misspelling someone's name):

[youtube]CJrtDZIjlnU[/youtube]
YAY!!! :dance:

Love the Mykeru's Victrola dog! That music might be heard emanating from the window of a little shotgun house off Magazine St., on a sultry late spring evening in Nawlins, many years ago ....
I love the Boswell Sisters. Just my type: Brunette and sultry.

I'm glad I have some things to take a break from the increasingly toxic atmosphere of the Freethought Clown Car and their crusades of total destruction. Even I, who love a good pissing match, think it's acrid. I guess that's the point though, for them, to turn it into such an intellectual Love Canal that only the truly pathological, hateful losers like Stephanie Zvan can keep digging away day after day.

Some people commenting on the video asked how could a bunch of white girls have "the blues"? Well, think, in their lifetimes, the oldest born in 1907, they saw The Great War, the Influenza pandemic of 1918, Prohibition, the rise of organized crime, and a bunch of other stuff, including women only given the vote in 1920.

Whereas Zvan occasionally gets an even more massive case of the blues because people call her fat. Because she's fat. I don't think it's the situation giving her more troubles than a white girl can handle.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Gumby wrote:
DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
Holy fuck Watson looks like Garth
Yep.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 1396219624
I did a few along these lines a couple months ago. It's not just Garth. It's Dana Carvey in general.

http://i.imgur.com/JibvkpF.png

and

http://i.imgur.com/1wp1mcY.png

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:For example, my head wound reveals that I'm the KiTTY risen from the electronics waste heap, three days after Gonkers cruelly shot me in the head.
You are indeed risen from Silicon Heaven. Hallelujah!!!!!!!

[youtube]lm6YnAqPv4w[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

James Caruthers wrote:
Sulman wrote:Never let truth get in the way when you're peddling mendacious bullshit.
WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITE MEN WHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMEN
WHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMEN
WHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMENWHITEMEN

[youtube]4lQ_MjU4QHw[/youtube]
Fuck you for taking my breath away with laughter thundertugs.

You too, Parody Accountant.

And you, JackSkeptic. Love me some Red Dwarf.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

windy wrote:
Maximus wrote:[youtube]HMUDVMiITOU

Lol, this might be how feminists see the world. Hopefully no one else beat me ( I'm like 10 pages behind). This is apparently the hot new jam all the kids are listening to.
-thanks preview button :D
[youtube]Y5nnTmGAnSo
windy, you're the boss [youtube]NisCkxU544c[/youtube]

I so wanted to link the video you linked but could *not* remember the name of it for the life of me. Very novel concept. Love it.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:But does anybody actually say that deaf people are "broken"?
Lilit Marcus (the author of that article) does.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

HOLY SHIT. A SECOND LADEN/SVAN SEX TAPE HAS EMERGED.

[youtube]43oZIzLlQEQ[/youtube]

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Parody Accountant wrote:HOLY SHIT. A SECOND LADEN/SVAN SEX TAPE HAS EMERGED.

[youtube]43oZIzLlQEQ[/youtube]
Phew. Im glad he put gloves on. That could have been dangerous and downright gross without them.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Even though I am eating lunch while watching that, it still doesn't top that picture of PZ fucking Ophelia into the ground.

That pic will be forever burned into my retinas.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

10 story building plies 18 year old student with alcohol, convinces her to lie on top of it, roughly casts her aside.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/25111 ... e-building
"It looks like she straddles the railing and lays down on top of the railing. Half of her body on the railing and the other half dangling," said Tempe Police Sergeant Mike Pooley.

"At one point she looks like she starts to slip. Realizes what is happening. She tries to catch herself, and, unfortunately, it is too late," said Pooley.

This investigation is far from over, since the victim is under 21, shitlords want to know where and how she was able to drink alcohol.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

DownThunder wrote:Even though I am eating lunch while watching that, it still doesn't top that picture of PZ fucking Ophelia into the ground.

No sure what you refer to...got a link? I don't hang out in /images so much as I should.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Scroll past if no interest in Cara Santa Maria.
ERV wrote:I wouldn't be putting any high expectations into Cara Santa Maria either, folks. Gee, how did she get to meet Ariana Huffington? How long did that last (the blog or the relationship)? How long has she had any of her other gigs? How'd grad school work out?

Best of luck to her, by all means, but a smarter and prettier version of Watson is still a Watson.
I've seen Cara Santa Maria speak at 2 national skeptics conferences, TAM 2013 and CFI Summit, and was disappointed each time (assisted by it being pretty much the same talk).

She got up on stage & talked for 30+ minutes each time about her religious upbringing and her move to atheism. Especially at TAM, after a series of other people's talks, her was strikingly self-oriented. IMO quite boring since anyone & everyone in the audience could get up & tell their personal story, & hers wasn't anything special.

At TAM, I figured that she just hadn't received good guidance from TAM organizers, wasn't well prepped on what topic to talk about. At CFI 3 months later, with her giving essentially the same talk, my impression was that she didn't have much else to talk about, but that could be horribly unfair.

See Skeptical Abyss' writeup of the day Cara Santa Maria spoke; also includes Karen Stollznow's talk: http://www.skepticalabyss.com/?p=341

SA said of KS (among other things): "Karen’s talk is deep with facts and background. Absolutely riveting." No wonder TAM would ask her back.

SA said of CSM (among other things): "This talk is really horrible. Who cares about your personal history, lady! A meandering journey through the land of boredom. At some point I thought she might start talking about something other than herself, but really doesn’t happen, except for platitudes that non-believers need to be more visible in the community. Like who hasn’t heard this stuff a thousand stuff before."

FWIW, I commented on SA's post, see "skeptixx" at #1; it seemed that her resume might have a bit of padding:
Re Cara Santa Maria: This was her first TAM, perhaps she didn't know what the audience would be expecting, and/or wasn't given clear guidelines from organizers as to focus/content of talk. Poking around a bit online, though, I'm not sure what they might have intended her focus/content to be at TAM. She's been a science journalist since 2010; there are others who have much longer-term experience.

Couple of pieces of info that came up:

1) Her Wikipedia page describes her as formerly an "adjunct college professor". Her LinkedIn page says formerly "adjunct professor - Queens College" in NYC and also lists 3 yrs as Adjunct Instructor in biology at the University of North Texas. From info at Queen College's site it looks like adjunct faculty are mostly "graduate assistants" & "adjunct lecturers", plus just a few "adjunct assistant professors". Without a PhD, it would be unusual for anyone to be hired as a biology professor, even as assistant level. At QC, she taught at least one biology course that was also taught by an "instructor" who appears to be on permanent faculty (per 2008 QC course info) and was a research technician (per her LinkedIn info). So, while I find no direct confirmation of her title there, "adjunct professor" *looks* to be at least a shortening of her title while there, and possibly a "rounding up" from adjunct lecturer (or adjunct assistant professor) to adjunct professor.

Beta Neckbeard

Post by Beta Neckbeard »

Parody Accountant wrote:Party on, Rebecca /img
:lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ERV wrote:I wouldn't be putting any high expectations into Cara Santa Maria either, folks. Gee, how did she get to meet Ariana Huffington? How long did that last (the blog or the relationship)? How long has she had any of her other gigs? How'd grad school work out?

Best of luck to her, by all means, but a smarter and prettier version of Watson is still a Watson.
I'm going to make a crass assumption that she is still proto-Beckie, ie still having fun.

RW must be wondering what went wrong ...
Santa Maria has appeared on Larry King Live (CNN), Geraldo at Large (Fox News), Parker Spitzer (CNN), Studio 11 (Fox LA), The Young Turks (YouTube), Attack of the Show! (G4), The War Room with Jennifer Granholm (CurrentTV), LatiNation (CBS), The Nerdist (BBC America), and SoCal Connected (KCET).
Must be her M.S. that made all the difference.

Can't think of any other reason. :think:

http://i.imgur.com/W8sNLVR.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Damn. Spent too long in GIS and got ninj'ed by common-sense.

But I bet I know who had more fun writing their post. ;)

Really?

Post by Really? »

Skep tickle wrote:Scroll past if no interest in Cara Santa Maria.

I've seen Cara Santa Maria speak at 2 national skeptics conferences, TAM 2013 and CFI Summit, and was disappointed each time (assisted by it being pretty much the same talk).

She got up on stage & talked for 30+ minutes each time about her religious upbringing and her move to atheism. Especially at TAM, after a series of other people's talks, her was strikingly self-oriented. IMO quite boring since anyone & everyone in the audience could get up & tell their personal story, & hers wasn't anything special.

At TAM, I figured that she just hadn't received good guidance from TAM organizers, wasn't well prepped on what topic to talk about. At CFI 3 months later, with her giving essentially the same talk, my impression was that she didn't have much else to talk about, but that could be horribly unfair.

See Skeptical Abyss' writeup of the day Cara Santa Maria spoke; also includes Karen Stollznow's talk: http://www.skepticalabyss.com/?p=341

SA said of KS (among other things): "Karen’s talk is deep with facts and background. Absolutely riveting." No wonder TAM would ask her back.

SA said of CSM (among other things): "This talk is really horrible. Who cares about your personal history, lady! A meandering journey through the land of boredom. At some point I thought she might start talking about something other than herself, but really doesn’t happen, except for platitudes that non-believers need to be more visible in the community. Like who hasn’t heard this stuff a thousand stuff before."

FWIW, I commented on SA's post, see "skeptixx" at #1; it seemed that her resume might have a bit of padding:
Re Cara Santa Maria: This was her first TAM, perhaps she didn't know what the audience would be expecting, and/or wasn't given clear guidelines from organizers as to focus/content of talk. Poking around a bit online, though, I'm not sure what they might have intended her focus/content to be at TAM. She's been a science journalist since 2010; there are others who have much longer-term experience.

1) Her Wikipedia page describes her as formerly an "adjunct college professor". Her LinkedIn page says formerly "adjunct professor - Queens College" in NYC and also lists 3 yrs as Adjunct Instructor in biology at the University of North Texas. From info at Queen College's site it looks like adjunct faculty are mostly "graduate assistants" & "adjunct lecturers", plus just a few "adjunct assistant professors". Without a PhD, it would be unusual for anyone to be hired as a biology professor, even as assistant level. At QC, she taught at least one biology course that was also taught by an "instructor" who appears to be on permanent faculty (per 2008 QC course info) and was a research technician (per her LinkedIn info). So, while I find no direct confirmation of her title there, "adjunct professor" *looks* to be at least a shortening of her title while there, and possibly a "rounding up" from adjunct lecturer (or adjunct assistant professor) to adjunct professor.

I shouldn't have read your post. Frowny face.

I can't help but offer a mild defense with respect to the adjunct thing. The majority of college classes are now taught by "adjuncts." Part-time faculty who make VERY little money, but often have the same qualifications as "full-time, tenured" professors. Colleges are happy to pay a few grand for an adjunct to teach a class instead of taking on a full-time teacher who earns the money someone who has the same advanced degree deserves. (Say, $5000 for an adjunct prof to teach three classes in a semester or $25,000/semester for a "real" professor. Some adjuncts don't even get benefits.) Adjuncts are also the ones who usually teach intro-level classes while the "real" professors teach the upper-level ones.

So it's not NECESSARILY a knock on this beautiful, beautiful woman that she was an adjunct and is now a TV/internet host. If they called a graduate instructor an "adjunct," that might be different.

I'm a little bummed that her stuff hasn't been as substantive as I would like.

But she is super hot. I don't care what the rest of you think.

Really?

Post by Really? »

What a great way to end a shitty day:

http://www.thefumble.com/galleries/sexi ... os/2056401

Except for the instant-play video ad. And the terrible slow web site. And it's a slideshow.

But at least you get to see our mascot looking happy and pleasant and decidedly un-FTB.

(And hot.)

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Really? wrote:What a great way to end a shitty day:

http://www.thefumble.com/galleries/sexi ... os/2056401

Except for the instant-play video ad. And the terrible slow web site. And it's a slideshow.

But at least you get to see our mascot looking happy and pleasant and decidedly un-FTB.

(And hot.)
http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=html_ ... %2F2056326

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I assumed the reason Cara Santa Maria got all those media gigs is because when you're Bill Maher's girlfriend (now ex), you make some useful connections.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Really? wrote:

<snip>

I shouldn't have read your post. Frowny face.

I can't help but offer a mild defense with respect to the adjunct thing. The majority of college classes are now taught by "adjuncts." Part-time faculty who make VERY little money, but often have the same qualifications as "full-time, tenured" professors. ...
Right, but the point was she listed "adjunct professor" when AFAICT most of their adjunct faculty are "adjunct instructors" w/ only a very few "adjunct assistant professors", & latter being unlikely given her not having a Ph.D., so *it looks* like some padding on her resume, rounding up so to speak from "adjunct instructor" to "adjunct professor".
Really? wrote:So it's not NECESSARILY a knock on this beautiful, beautiful woman that she was an adjunct and is now a TV/internet host. If they called a graduate instructor an "adjunct," that might be different.

I'm a little bummed that her stuff hasn't been as substantive as I would like.
The part I clipped from my comment at SA's blog was how, it seems, she got from biology instruction & research at Queen's College to fame in LA. I do totally admit that I am not familiar w/ her outside of the 2 talks I heard & the resume-search I did. Maybe she's a fabulous explainer of science (in which case, it would have been really nice to see that at either or both conferences.)
Really? wrote:But she is super hot. I don't care what the rest of you think.
It seems possible that that's part of the effect she's going for (and succeeding). And Hornbeck claims* that secondary sex characteristics are meaningless... :)

*Well, at least he does when I put words in his mouth like that
;)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

mordacious1 wrote:Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I assumed the reason Cara Santa Maria got all those media gigs is because when you're Bill Maher's girlfriend (now ex), you make some useful connections.
Ninja'd. Yes, seems quite possible.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
DownThunder wrote:Even though I am eating lunch while watching that, it still doesn't top that picture of PZ fucking Ophelia into the ground.

No sure what you refer to...got a link? I don't hang out in /images so much as I should.
You asked for it ...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 61813a.png

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

mordacious1 wrote:Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I assumed the reason Cara Santa Maria got all those media gigs is because when you're Bill Maher's girlfriend (now ex), you make some useful connections.
Why is that cynical? She dated him for three years. I would certainly hope that someone who dates someone with that level of experience with the media and is interested in media, would pick up some pointers on appearance, navigating media interviews and actually meeting people in the business.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

http://www.nad.org/issues/american-sign ... ulture-faq

"Hearing-impaired" is offensive because it
focuses on what people can’t do. It establishes the standard as “hearing” and anything different as “impaired,” or substandard, hindered, or damaged. It implies that something is not as it should be and ought to be fixed if possible.
:bjarte:

From the same page:
“Hard-of-hearing” can denote a person with a mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
Hearing loss? I find that offensive. Who says becoming hard-of-hearing is a loss? Quite an assumption, really. It establishes continuing to hear as something desirable, and it establishes not continuing to hear as something undesirable. But we know that there's nothing about not-hearing that's "substandard," "hindered," or "damaged" (see the first quote above if you don't believe me!). Frankly, I'd find it offensive if a person becoming hard-of-hearing were to harbor negative feelings about the experience—xe should check xir still-hearing-somewhat privilege and stop xir deaf-shaming.

Except there's no such thing as "hearing privilege," because deaf people aren't "impaired."

Wait, now I'm confused.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:http://www.nad.org/issues/american-sign ... ulture-faq
“Hard-of-hearing” can denote a person with a mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
Hearing loss? I find that offensive. Who says becoming hard-of-hearing is a loss? Quite an assumption, really. It establishes continuing to hear as something desirable, and it establishes not continuing to hear as something undesirable. But we know that there's nothing about not-hearing that's "substandard," "hindered," or "damaged" (see the first quote above if you don't believe me!). Frankly, I'd find it offensive if a person becoming hard-of-hearing were to harbor negative feelings about the experience—xe should check xir still-hearing-somewhat privilege and stop xir deaf-shaming.

Except there's no such thing as "hearing privilege," because deaf people aren't "impaired."

Wait, now I'm confused.
SJWs leave madness in their wake wherever they go.

Come see the mind-fuck inherent in the system!
Come see the mind-fuck inherent in the system!
You saw that, didn't you?

Beta Neckbeard

Post by Beta Neckbeard »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Wait, now I'm confused.
Same. I try to listen, but It's like these people can't hear how stupid they sound. (ear til thursday try the veal)

Glen_Davidson

Post by Glen_Davidson »

"Alcohol-impaired" is offensive because it focuses on what Watsons can't do. It establishes the standard as "sober" and anything different as "impaired," or substandard, hindered, or "Watson-like." It implies that something is not as it should be, and ought to be sobered the hell up before driving or writing--and we know better than that.

"SJW-impaired is offensive because it focuses on the mindlessness of self-righteous herd animals. It establishes the standard as "thinking," and anything different as "impaired," or substandard, hindered, or fucked-up idiocy. It implies that something is not as it should be, and ought to be fixed if possible.

Well, yes.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

[youtube]lnk1oB1KaOk[/youtube]

If you guys want to see how fucking mental these SJWs are when you put them in a normal situation with regular folks, here ya go.

Being a tumblr SJW should be classified as mental illness.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Why is that cynical? She dated him for three years. I would certainly hope that someone who dates someone with that level of experience with the media and is interested in media, would pick up some pointers on appearance, navigating media interviews and actually meeting people in the business.
Bill Maher, huh?

Hope she has her quarterly check ups.
http://www.famoushookups.com/site/celeb ... elebid=408

http://i.imgur.com/KqY2VuL.jpg

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

James Caruthers wrote:[.youtube]lnk1oB1KaOk[/youtube]

If you guys want to see how fucking mental these SJWs are when you put them in a normal situation with regular folks, here ya go. ...
:shock:

"Enact the labor" :roll:

"Stupid opinion" :D

___

An Southern California NPR station has this article with some info about Suey Park:
Suey is not Park’s real first name. It's an online pseudonym playing off the name of the Chinese dish. Back in grade school, she went by her Korean first name.
...written by reporter Josie Huang :lol:

(Chop suey is a faux-Chinese American dish, so maybe her adopted first name doesn't count as cultural appropriation?)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Small thing, but RW's Patreon support has slipped a notch. (A small notch, it's true.)

On March 20, she was at $609/video, according to a post in the 'Pit.

Right now, she's at $606.25/video. (216 patrons; I forget was it was on March 20).

(Maybe some people directed what they would have given to RW, instead to KS. That's mere speculation.)

Anyway, don't be surprised if another troll-baiting patron-sponsored rock-'em sock-'em feminist video comes out soon, to boost the #s.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

One more then I'm off to bed.

Re the recent discussion of Cara Santa Maria vs Rebecca Watson for a "skeptic" to hit the big time, get into public view like Randi did, starting w/ the Ellen DeGeneres show for example: Here's one tool CSM has, that RW needs to get if she wants to make it big: a talent agency (linked at her otherwise-bare "bookings" page, here).

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

On a couple of things: First, Park is either dumb as a rock or a trolly-con artist. Personally, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she's the latter. Just another one of those.

Second, I'm waiting a year or so to see where CSM ends up. Her podcast isn't too bad, for something that's just starting out, IMO. Podcasting (and no, what RW does for SGU doesn't count) is a form in which you can really see a personality develop over time. There's potential there, I think..skepticism needs some good communicators, but it really is up in the air.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

One more thing, on podcasts. The worst podcast I've listened to by far was actually a skeptic podcast. Skeptoid. Holy shit that thing is simply insufferable. You couldn't get more smug if you put PZ up Zvan's ass.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Why all the hate for Cara? :D

Having an MSc is usually not enough in academic terms to be considered a qualified scientist, but it does seems to be adequate for science communicators - I can think of three prominent examples - Ed Yong - who is a well known science blogger (and who recently gave a TED talk on parasites, despite zero academic expertise in the field), Brian Switek (he of the Christie Wilcox 'Svan interference' episode) who only has an MSc but has become a well known writer on dinosaur related stuff, and Sheril Kirshenbaum, Chris Mooney's former blogging partner (I think she has an MSc in marine biology and now works in climate change related communication stuff.) Carl Zimmer also springs to mind and he has no science qualifications whatsoever.

I see Cara Santa Maria as more of a science talking head. She is not a bad science writer (not a great one but adequate enough if you look at the kind of stuff she was producing at HuffPo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/1 ... 98668.html )

I think she realizes her attraction to the media industry is the rather obvious fact that she is very pretty and has the ability to talk on a scientific subject without sounding like she's reading gobbily-gook off cards.

One of the advantages of a scientific training is that you have it drilled into you that there are many things you don't know, and that all our current knowledge is tentative and can be overturned if new evidence arises. I think she get's this - in contrast to many non scientists who venture into science writing - for example Watson or Greta Christina (who often come across as too certain and authoritative in their writings.)

I have no idea why Cara Santa Maria would be asked to speak at a skeptical/atheist conference. She is more of a science fan rather than someone with expertise on any particular issue. In theory then, she is similar to Watson - although Cara does have some, if rather limited, scientific credentials. But she does have some decent presentation skills and seems to know enough to avoid getting out of her depth by trying to talk in an authoritative manner about subjects in which she has little expertise.

Incidentally, I used to like Watson when she was just a jokey panelist on the SGU. The first time I had a serious problem with her was the first time I saw her give a featured presentation - at the Copenhagen International Atheist conference in 2010. It was a terrible presentation. Subsequent presentations by her just confirm what I concluded at that time - she simply doesn't have the ability (or, more likely, the determination/patience to learn how to do it properly) to carry off a serious presentation. And remember, she has given talks to major organizations on serious and complicated scientific topics (evolutionary psychology.)

By the way, I do think there is an interesting angle of sexism to consider here.
I wonder what would be the chances of a man with similar qualifications to Cara Santa Maria, getting the opportunities that she has had.
Unless they are highly prolific and produce high quality product (like Yong, Switek and Zimmer) I suspect they would have little to no chance of being picked as a talking head on TV.
Or what about a woman who is not pretty?
Would she get these kinds of opportunities if she was able to write as well as Yong or Switek?

I suspect we are simply seeing a basic problem with modern broadcast media - the fact that looks, presentation skills, and feeding the public's obsession with quick bites of attention grabbing items are prized far more than scientific ability or accuracy - which, if you think of it, partly underlies Watson's complaint (if Ellen Degeneres was really interested in scientific facts, she wouldn't have had a psychic on the show in the first place.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Skep tickle wrote:Small thing, but RW's Patreon support has slipped a notch. (A small notch, it's true.)

On March 20, she was at $609/video, according to a post in the 'Pit.

Right now, she's at $606.25/video. (216 patrons; I forget was it was on March 20).

(Maybe some people directed what they would have given to RW, instead to KS. That's mere speculation.)

Anyway, don't be surprised if another troll-baiting patron-sponsored rock-'em sock-'em feminist video comes out soon, to boost the #s.
144 464 28 Feb
149 475 7 March
179 552 14 March
211 611 21 March
214 606 25 march
214 604 27 march
216 606 31 March

Steady as she goes. She promised 1x feminist video a week after she hit $500 ie early March. Crickets.

My guess is that post ableist-gate she realises she is surrounded by loonies. Consequently, (as A+ has shown) there is no engaging feminist topic that won't cause some sector to backlash. All she has is her worn out "hate the haters" pitch.

She is probably wondering how to harness the "Karen 1500 rpm" momentum without aiding the new kid on the popularity block or getting sued herself .....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

But apparently her new found wealth has allowed her Adam to buy a spiffy new camera to replace the webcam and provide dual camera support for interviews.

I bet she measured that decisions opportunity cost in terms of lost six packs.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

I am enough of an X-Files fan that I keep stumbling over "CSM", though I think he would be a great person to speak at a skeptic's conference. Sort of.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Cancer man?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Brive1987 wrote:Cancer man?
Yeah, his official character name (on imdb, as well as in the title of an episode) is CSM. Cancer man is his nick.

http://i.imgur.com/VVc5ErG.jpg

James Caruthers

Skep tickle wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:[.youtube]lnk1oB1KaOk[/youtube]

If you guys want to see how fucking mental these SJWs are when you put them in a normal situation with regular folks, here ya go. ...
:shock:

"Enact the labor" :roll:

"Stupid opinion" :D

___

An Southern California NPR station has this article with some info about Suey Park:
Suey is not Park’s real first name. It's an online pseudonym playing off the name of the Chinese dish. Back in grade school, she went by her Korean first name.
...written by reporter Josie Huang :lol:

(Chop suey is a faux-Chinese American dish, so maybe her adopted first name doesn't count as cultural appropriation?)
She comes across like a chewing-the-bed-linen mental patient, and also seems more racist than a Mississippi Klansman. Like she has nightmares every night of white people opinion-raping her with their researched "facts", and she has to take happy pills until her imagined white people turn into People Of Color. :lol:

But there is a question of whether she's a True Belieber or not, because like Beckybooze, she makes a living off of being an SJW. So you wonder how much of her insane behavior is acting. She may just be the leftist version of Alex Jones.

My favorite part was where the reporter said she was stupid. She was sputtering and going nuts (OMG SUPER OFFENDED MODE ACTIVATED), and clearly wanted to call him a racist white man for daring to disagree with her, but she had to go with "unproductive" since he hadn't actually called her a chink. :lol:

James Caruthers

Let us pause for a moment to remember the great SJW hero, Dirty Harry.

[youtube]RnRkCemeV7k[/youtube]
Never forget.

James Caruthers

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9c9c81d2fb1d ... 1_1280.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/5f3c1a311081 ... 2_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/925927b372b8 ... 3_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/32cd142bcb8f ... 4_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/91292f6a1ecc ... 5_1280.jpg

This was posted on shittywebcomics. Of course, many of the rebloggers were like THIS:

"Sociologists" define racism as "prejudice plus power." Um no. What is happening is SJWs are rewriting English language in an Orwellian way to define racist behavior from groups of people they view as underprivileged as not racist. And then what ALWAYS happens, is when someone who is underprivileged does or says something very racist (as many of these SJW fucks often do), and someone says THASS RACIST, then a million SJW knights fly in on Tumblr wings and say:

"That can't be racist, because racism equals prejudice and power, and we define power in such a way that our own bullying, angry race-based tirades and thought controlling actions can never be counted as part of that power. But anything you do can be, because of circumstances of your birth that you can't change. You racist."

This ties in nicely with the SJW Assumption of White Maleness, in which all dissenting voices to a social justice warrior are assumed to be white and male.

The hilarious apex of the SJW "our racists can't be racist" clown car can be seen in that #CancelColbert campaign, or maybe in the DIE CIS SCUM meme, where people being born the way they are born is held up as an example of a horrible injustice which merits angry tirades, hate speech and rage tears.

[youtube]Zi1gortW-Zs[/youtube]
[youtube]bZ0QfLkjujY[/youtube]
[youtube]VrNV-3wW_mo[/youtube]
What does it actually mean if you say some random underprivileged person can't be a racist, but they can be bigoted or prejudiced? I was under the assumption these words have similar meanings. I think certain folks (SJWs) are trying to redefine racism as a word so it can only ever be used in reference to white people. And then people pick up the meme that these underprivileged groups are always victims, and white people are always racist oppressors, no matter who is doing or saying what racist shit to who. That's my crazy Alex Jones cuntspiracy for the day.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If a black person can be racist then ........ gulp,

A woman could be sexist.

And we know that isn't possible. QED.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

James Caruthers

Hitler was right!

When he said that beer is tasty.

http://aleheads.files.wordpress.com/201 ... t-beer.jpg

I hear he also liked Mountain Dew.

http://img.addfunny.com/funnypictures/h ... 505f64.jpg

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

James Caruthers wrote:She comes across like a chewing-the-bed-linen mental patient, and also seems more racist than a Mississippi Klansman. Like she has nightmares every night of white people opinion-raping her with their researched "facts", and she has to take happy pills until her imagined white people turn into People Of Color. :lol:

But there is a question of whether she's a True Belieber or not, because like Beckybooze, she makes a living off of being an SJW. So you wonder how much of her insane behavior is acting. She may just be the leftist version of Alex Jones.

My favorite part was where the reporter said she was stupid. She was sputtering and going nuts (OMG SUPER OFFENDED MODE ACTIVATED), and clearly wanted to call him a racist white man for daring to disagree with her, but she had to go with "unproductive" since he hadn't actually called her a chink. :lol:
That Aussie host/presenter Josh Zepps was a bloody legend. He was on level 10 boss mode right from the start of the discussion. He wasn't having an ounce of her bullshit, and when her racism angle didn't work, I remember her making a quick jab about "women are obviously less rational, right?" which he didn't even flinch at. Like a fucking mountain, not moving an inch.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Just a quick note -just watched the first three episodes of The Almighty Johnsons, and I liked it a lot. Surprisingly easy to get into, and keeps you involved in the story. Downloading the 2nd and 3rd seasons now. Thanks for whoever made that recommendation.

Carry on.

James Caruthers

paddybrown wrote:A lot of slaves in early America were Irish.

Hey! I can't be racist!
You actually can't be! Now go get in an argument with an underprivileged social justice warrior and let me know how that works out for you. :P

All of my ancestors were poor-as-fuck immigrants, far too poor and most too recent to have ever owned a slave.

But why let facts get in the way of an oppression narrative?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Hawaiians can't be racist either, as this man explains. Listen carefully; it's a very subtle argument.

[youtube]S9JJEdtEloc[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

DownThunder wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:She comes across like a chewing-the-bed-linen mental patient, and also seems more racist than a Mississippi Klansman. Like she has nightmares every night of white people opinion-raping her with their researched "facts", and she has to take happy pills until her imagined white people turn into People Of Color. :lol:

That Aussie host/presenter Josh Zepps was a bloody legend. He was on level 10 boss mode right from the start of the discussion. He wasn't having an ounce of her bullshit, and when her racism angle didn't work, I remember her making a quick jab about "women are obviously less rational, right?" which he didn't even flinch at. Like a fucking mountain, not moving an inch.
Well, now he's done himself in, the smartass. He'll be sorry when he finds himself in the middle of the dreaded Twitter-Storm.

Aside from Suey Park being just damned stupid and bigoted, her self-importance is legendary. And why not? She wields the awesome power of Trending Topics on Twitter during the Superbowl.

That's right Suey, sit on your flat ass in your pink bedroom and fight the good fight on Twitter, ya dummy.

Slipterid

Post by Slipterid »

Southern wrote:
John Greg wrote:CO2 said:
Slipterid, please contact all the moderators, from each of your devices, to alert them. PM mods: Lsuoma, Dick Strawkins, Gumby, Git, Cunt and Tony Parsehole. They'll sort the Edit button feature out.
Hey, hey, hey! You forgot me!! Fucking Gregsist!!!
That's what you get for doing videos with that guy nobody remembers.
Well I sent him, and all those others mentioned, a nice pm, so he should feel loved now. I think that the edit button is very pretty even if it doesn't do anything. Happy daze.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

the obviously oriental/asian female said in her interview wrote: I'm not going to enact the labor
enact the labor
Thankfully, for whatever reason, I don't have to talk face to face with people like this. Blithering! Utter word salads! It's got to be terrifically difficult to be polite to people like this, on camera. I'm so glad he flat out called her opinion stupid. It brought out just how childish she is.
You just called me stoopiiid
^quote not an exaggeration.
Thank god almighty I didn't become a teacher. I got dangerously close to doing that. Ugh.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I'm not going to enact that labour....
not going to enact that labour...
going to enact that labour...
to enact that labour...
enact that labour...

Enact. That. Labour.

lol.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

[youtube]E5IQnQhzMSI[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Suey Park is a 'person of colour'?
Um.....What the fuck? Her skin was whiter than the bloke interviewing her.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I really fancy a cuppa but I don't want to enact the labour.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Suey Park is a 'person of colour'?
Um.....What the fuck? Her skin was whiter than the bloke interviewing her.
Race and colour is a social construct. So is gender. Sexuality is an illusion with no basis in Biology. Do try and keep up old chap.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Shorter Suey Park:

http://www.purdue.edu/dro/diversikey/2014/suey_park.jpg

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Slipterid wrote: Well I sent him, and all those others mentioned, a nice pm, so he should feel loved now. I think that the edit button is very pretty even if it doesn't do anything. Happy daze.
March 31, 2014: A date that will live in Slymepit history.

http://shapesofsweetness.com/wp-content ... 5/d_oh.gif