Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Za-zen

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Za-zen »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Za-zen wrote:If you have the money to throw at it, i guess it's ensuring the lulz continue. Wouldn't want it to end too soon.
Alternatively you might think that the issue is not settled until all the facts are out in the open before an impartial court.
I'd much prefer the case to be settled in that way rather than one of the parties having to cave in due to not having enough money to be represented in court.

Unfortunately I get the impression that there's a game of poker being played out here - the stakes have been raised and I'm guessing that Stollznow in turn may be trying to get Radford to fold due to the cost of continuing the case.

Am I the only one that suspects this scenario didn't just pop into her mind last Saturday, rather it's been planned for some time?
If I'm correct then Radford will not be able to produce any emails that explicitly state Stollznow has agreed to the jointly written retraction.
He might think he has them but I suspect the wording will be such as to let her off the hook and give her deniability.

As other have said, it's a clever move by her. It does look like Radford was lied to about the retraction but he was a fool to release it the way he did, before he had it signed (although it's looking like that was never going to happen.)
Classic case, of let's discuss this retraction until you get hit by a bus, contract cancer, or suffer some tragedy

Kenteken

Post by Kenteken »

just a heads up for us male chauvinistic pigs..... #NationalCleavageDay is trending at twatter.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

James Caruthers wrote:
feralandproud wrote: Straight out the playbook! Guess it's finally sinking in that this shit is real. Let's see if the SJL will put their money where their mouths are. Just the fact that they were willing to settle this out-of-court(judging by the exchange between Baxter and Radford)makes me think that her evidence may not be too convincing.
She already has 25k. Wow, nice work if you can get it.

To be fair though, the sheep were just busting at the chops to be sheered in this case. I didn't donate to Shermer, even though I suspected he was probably innocent. Good thing, cause the money went away. Well, hopefully those who donate to Stollznow end up actually paying for a fucking legal battle, and not for purses, shoes and fancy dinners out.
How dare you suggest nights in a 5 star hotel to de-stress and focus her mind on the case are not an absolutely vital part of ensuring justice is done.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

zenbabe wrote:I'm probably ninja'd.

But Stollznow DID learn, over the weekend, that a lot of people would have helped her out financially if only they'd known she needed it.
Just so! They fairly begged to her, "please, please take our disability checks! I will sell my guitars for you, Karen!"

What's a girl to do when they talk that way?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I'm pleased she now has the funds to defend herself. It should mean it can go to court and be examined properly, not by a bunch of people who love to jump on a bandwagon to push their cause.

James Caruthers

mordacious1 wrote:Seems like a good strategy: Claim you can't afford a lawyer even though the other side hires one. Get your husband to negotiate with other party and their lawyer. Drag it out, running up lawyer fees for the other party. Refuse to sign the retraction agreed upon by both parties. Claim victim status (again). Then, and only then, plead for help paying for an attorney because the other side has been bullying you with a lawyer and you're just a defenseless schoolmarm on the prairie, all alone among wolves. Now you are the one that can afford a lawyer and the other side has spent all their money. Smart.
I'm starting to gain respect for Karen. As a troll, she's really good. Like Becky, she's learning how to make this drama pay her bills.
[youtube]6517ZOEokFc[/youtube]

James Caruthers

I'm just having a bit of fun. This will all be settled in the courts. No idea who is innocent or guilty here, I just find e-begging obnoxious.

Really?

Post by Really? »

JackSkeptic wrote:I'm pleased she now has the funds to defend herself. It should mean it can go to court and be examined properly, not by a bunch of people who love to jump on a bandwagon to push their cause.
Yes, and Radford has to borrow more money to try and clear his name.

Awesome.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Za-zen wrote:If you have the money to throw at it, i guess it's ensuring the lulz continue. Wouldn't want it to end too soon.
Alternatively you might think that the issue is not settled until all the facts are out in the open before an impartial court.
I'd much prefer the case to be settled in that way rather than one of the parties having to cave in due to not having enough money to be represented in court.

Unfortunately I get the impression that there's a game of poker being played out here - the stakes have been raised and I'm guessing that Stollznow in turn may be trying to get Radford to fold due to the cost of continuing the case.
I agree with this, and again, I really have no problem with this crowdsourcing business. People are free to spend their money as they see fit.

But I also hope it comes back to bite the SJL in the ass.

Either way, I have much more faith in our legal system to get it right than I do in the biased internet hordes who know neither party and have access to only a sliver of the evidence. What evidence we do have is conflicting. There's no clear picture here, in my view.

I will say that given Karen's résumé, I have some doubts about her inability to afford counsel. I imagine that many of the donors are considerably worse off financially than she. Doesn't mean they're being duped, but I bet she's quite comfortably middle-class.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dobby wrote:
Really? wrote:Cool catch. Can someone with some lawyer-fu PLEASE write indiegogo about this issue to see if you get a response?
At the risk of having to go another round of pro se tango, I think trying to pin IndieGogo on their terms of service is a non-starter. Their language is just vague enough that they could easily justify not taking Stollznow's plea down.

On the other hand, if someone were to send an anonymous tip to the IRS next year about another someone who very likely will fail to claim $30K in income ...
I don't think this would count as income - presumably qualifies as gifts and therefore not taxable and doesn't have to be reported by the recipient.

Guestus Aurelius

JackSkeptic wrote:I'm pleased she now has the funds to defend herself. It should mean it can go to court and be examined properly, not by a bunch of people who love to jump on a bandwagon to push their cause.
I'm being redundant now, but yes, this.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Apples wrote:
Dobby wrote:
Really? wrote:Cool catch. Can someone with some lawyer-fu PLEASE write indiegogo about this issue to see if you get a response?
At the risk of having to go another round of pro se tango, I think trying to pin IndieGogo on their terms of service is a non-starter. Their language is just vague enough that they could easily justify not taking Stollznow's plea down.

On the other hand, if someone were to send an anonymous tip to the IRS next year about another someone who very likely will fail to claim $30K in income ...
I don't think this would count as income - presumably qualifies as gifts and therefore not taxable and doesn't have to be reported by the recipient.
General consensus is that crowdfunding counts as income. Even Kickstarter and Indiegogo state this (although with various hedging) Most tax experts recommend treating it as income. However, there hasnt been a test case yet and I dont believe the IRS has issued any guidance.

Guestus Aurelius

Was I confusing crowdsourcing and crowdfunding?

Obviously I meant crowdfunding then in prior posts.

I need to learn the cool intrawebs lingo you cool kids use.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

Am I the only one that suspects this scenario didn't just pop into her mind last Saturday, rather it's been planned for some time?
If I'm correct then Radford will not be able to produce any emails that explicitly state Stollznow has agreed to the jointly written retraction.
He might think he has them but I suspect the wording will be such as to let her off the hook and give her deniability.

As other have said, it's a clever move by her. It does look like Radford was lied to about the retraction but he was a fool to release it the way he did, before he had it signed (although it's looking like that was never going to happen.)
Are you suggesting his position collapsed "faster than gravity"?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Really? wrote:

Awesome.
Then he should have spent his money more wisely, that's his problem not mine. Washing your laundry in public never gets anything more than people hijacking for personal gain what are personal matters between two people. This is an example where the internet stinks. Too many people making snap judgements based on their own personal biases. It's juvenile.

Both parties are guaranteed to come out damaged by this because of people poking their damned noses in. I know Karen kicked this off but all she had to rely on is peoples willingness to rubber neck, pontificate and hijack. It was too tempting for her not to do it.

At least here there is some semblance of trying to get to the truth and not to prejudge. But any 'movement' who blogs and posts with obvious glee every time there are issues between members is not mature enough to present a solid case to the general public with any certainty of being taken seriously.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Really?

Post by Really? »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Really? wrote:

Awesome.
Then he should have spent his money more wisely, that's his problem not mine. Washing your laundry in public never gets anything more than people hijacking for personal gain what are personal matters between two people. This is an example where the internet stinks. Too many people making snap judgements based on their own personal biases. It's juvenile.

Both parties are guaranteed to come out damaged by this because of people poking their damned noses in. I know Karen kicked this off but all she had to rely on is peoples willingness to rubber neck, pontificate and hijack. It was too tempting for her not to do it.

At least here there is some semblance of trying to get to the truth and not to prejudge. But any 'movement' who blogs and posts with obvious glee every time there are issues between members is not mature enough to present a solid case to the general public with any certainty of being taken seriously.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 5q1rj4.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Really? wrote:

Awesome.

Golly, you're so much better than us. Can I suck your dick?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Mykeru wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Really? wrote: Yes, and Radford has to borrow more money to try and clear his name.

Awesome.

No. Not before I've sucked your balls, as promised a few weeks back.

Garlic

Post by Garlic »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Golly, you're so much better than us. Can I suck your dick?
Sooo... Pitty-nine?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Garlic wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Golly, you're so much better than us. Can I suck your dick?
Sooo... Pitty-nine?
Translation please!!!!! What's pitty-nine?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Radford slipped a hell of a way into the "village idiot" category in my book when he presented a non signed statement, as if it was the settled, signed sealed and delivered settlement. That says a lot, for a lot of us, that the village idiot sold us a crock of shit (irrelevant whether he was lead to believe it would be signed or not, he presented it as if it was).

I hold my hands up as a village idiot, i bought it, couldn't fathom that someone engaged in legal proceedings would do something so fucking dumb as that, it seemed utterly incredible.

Okay if i'm putting myself in the village idiot category, Radford is further demoted (what's below village idiot?).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
John Greg wrote:Jesus. This is just blowing up all over the place. Maybe all involved parties are insane, or something. It no longer makes sense to me at all.
$4760 now.
So is Radford going to have his own fund? He's already borrowed thousands to try and clear his name.

Maybe he can borrow Shermer's...
Shermer's 8k in a month is the equivalent the first couple of hours of this relative juggernaut.

This could be the SJL's Tet Offensive in the War on Skeptic Men. A big throw of the dice, total resource allocation, total emotional engagement.

They either crash, burn and we are clever enough to win the peace, they take the embassy on prime time and hold the cities in which case we are stuffed or they loose the battle but win the War through our side's incompetence (fuck you "random radford")

Either way this is a very significant escalation not just in the personal legal affairs of two idiots, but now in the wider dialog.

[youtube]UdK3ZImjPsY[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That sounded really serious and self important.

Sorry.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tapir wrote:
Tigzy wrote:If this really is the work of JV, then I'll look forward to the next time he visits the Pit begging donations for a junket:

http://i.imgur.com/yd894Sj.png

(It may well not be - Sara Mayhew is already complaining that someone donated to the Stollznow fund in her name)
Awesome - Pay-2-Troll.

:popcorn:
Yep. JV just tweeted that it wasn't him. He's worth a $100 trolling, it seems, which ain't bad.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Za-zen wrote:
Okay if i'm putting myself in the village idiot category, Radford is further demoted (what's below village idiot?).
FreeThought Blogs.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Stollz(i'm never going to get the rest of it right) fundraiser is seriously fucking impressive, the re-framing her position as the victim, rather than the person who initiated the character assault, from which Radford has had to defend himself against was a pretty standard and obvious ploy, the impressive part of it is the dollar signs.

She should have aimed higher.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Karen Stollznow wrote:I have evidence and witnesses to attest to my experiences.
Please, Court TV, cover this one! Carrie Poopy on the stand might just top Rachel Jeantel!
I would settle for this:

[youtube]CaK_FgrIlYY[/youtube]

As long as Stollnoz lawyer is:

[youtube]TdeSh3vLvYI[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Za-zen wrote:Radford slipped a hell of a way into the "village idiot" category in my book when he presented a non signed statement, as if it was the settled, signed sealed and delivered settlement. That says a lot, for a lot of us, that the village idiot sold us a crock of shit (irrelevant whether he was lead to believe it would be signed or not, he presented it as if it was).

I hold my hands up as a village idiot, i bought it, couldn't fathom that someone engaged in legal proceedings would do something so fucking dumb as that, it seemed utterly incredible.

Slyme Pit Moderator.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Brive1987 wrote:That sounded really serious and self important.

Sorry.

I fapped.

Though, to be honest, the foreplay between Jack and Mykeru acted as a primer.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
Tapir wrote:
Tigzy wrote:If this really is the work of JV, then I'll look forward to the next time he visits the Pit begging donations for a junket:

(It may well not be - Sara Mayhew is already complaining that someone donated to the Stollznow fund in her name)
Awesome - Pay-2-Troll.

Yep. JV just tweeted that it wasn't him. He's worth a $100 trolling, it seems, which ain't bad.
<tinfoilhat>
Some of the donations, of course, could come from Stollzcow and Baxter Basics themselves, if they determined that they need to lawyer up and have decided to lay out some readies. Pour encourager les autres, of course...

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dave wrote:
Apples wrote:
Dobby wrote:At the risk of having to go another round of pro se tango, I think trying to pin IndieGogo on their terms of service is a non-starter. Their language is just vague enough that they could easily justify not taking Stollznow's plea down.

General consensus is that crowdfunding counts as income. Even Kickstarter and Indiegogo state this (although with various hedging) Most tax experts recommend treating it as income. However, there hasnt been a test case yet and I dont believe the IRS has issued any guidance.
She's not providing anything in exchange, she's not funding a business entity, it's not a taxable grant or fellowship, it's not gambling winnings .... It doesn't fit any legal definition of taxable income I've ever heard of. If I were her, I might ask my accountant just to be safe, but I think it's a no-brainer.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tapir wrote:

Awesome - Pay-2-Troll.

FUCKING LOL!!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Radford slipped a hell of a way into the "village idiot" category in my book when he presented a non signed statement, as if it was the settled, signed sealed and delivered settlement. That says a lot, for a lot of us, that the village idiot sold us a crock of shit (irrelevant whether he was lead to believe it would be signed or not, he presented it as if it was).

Slyme Pit Moderator.
http://cdn.newadnetwork.com/sites/prod/ ... /stfu3.gif

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

JacquesCuze wrote: It is a real problem that "us poors" have a very different civil legal system than the rich. And I don't doubt that a libel suit's cost could be $30K, I was surprised Shermer was only looking for $5,000 to begin with. I spent $2700 in just one day of "court ordered pre-hearing settlement talks". Custody challenges apparently commonly cost $50,000 - $N00,000s of dollars.
Shermer didn't raise the cash, a friend of his did

And $5000 or $10000 won't get either of them even into the court room (with lawyers involved) ... a full on libel case is going to cost the loser their house at the minimum, potentially cost both of them their houses and going to take months to years to resolve ... which is why courts want it settled outside court if possible

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:

Ah, c'mon. Just the tip? All I want is a little taste of your Essence of Righetousâ„¢, you magnificent beast.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Dick Strawkins wrote:She has raised over 18,000 now.

I'm curious, however, over the question of using this type of platform when she explicitly labels Radford a sexual harasser as part of her fundraising pledge - a campaign that seems designed to allow her to publicly label him a sexual harasser.

If she is lying on this one - and the internal CFI investigation didn't seem to support her claim (hence the rapid memory holing of the original Scientific American article that accused him of sexual harassment)- then Indiegogo is being used to libel someone - and to cause harm to his reputation - and to scam the contributors because she is claiming something that is untrue.

Now, lets look at the terms and conditions for an Indiegogo campaign.

http://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms
Prohibited Campaigns

Campaign Owners are not permitted to create a Campaign to raise funds for illegal activities, to cause harm to people or property, or to scam other Users. If you know that your Campaign is claiming to do the impossible or it's just plain phony, don't post it. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations in carrying out your Campaign, offering Perks and using Contributions.
Prohibited Perks

Campaign Owners are not permitted to offer or provide any of the following as a Perk:

any form of ownership interest in a company or venture;
alcohol or any other controlled substance;
drug paraphernalia;
weapons, ammunition, and related accessories;
items promoting hate, personal injury, death, damage, or destruction to property; or
any item (a) prohibited by applicable law to possess or distribute, (b) that would cause you to violate applicable law if you were to distribute it, or (c) that would cause you to infringe or violate another person's rights if you were to distribute it.

Community Guidelines

Indiegogo is not a place for hatred, abuse, disrespect, meanness, harassment, or spam.

Do not:

use the Service to promote violence, degradation, subjugation, or hatred against individuals or groups based on race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
post images or videos that are sexually explicit or show people or animals being hurt or degraded; or
spam our comments sections other Users with offers of goods and services or inappropriate messages.

We reserve the right to remove Campaigns and terminate accounts for such activities.
It is legally interesting because Indiegogo itself could be held liable for libelling Radford.
Yep - it's another published claim of a harassment, which means she and Indiegogo are liable

She could have avoided calling him a harasser and just said "I have been accused of these things and need to defend myself and prove my innocence" ... but that's not how SJWs think or work

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Needed a better bigfoot.

http://i.imgur.com/56ecfdo.jpg

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Well shit. She can raise 28 grand overnight, and I just saw it rise $400 in a matter of a few minutes.

Thankfully the american sceptics community is loaded with disposable income.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Guestus Aurelius

Karen's original way of airing her grievances was pretty low. She knew full well that Ben's name would leak, and she could pretend that she had taken the high road by not mentioning him directly.

But...

Ben's behavior has been pretty low at times, too. Do you remember on the Facebook thread where he scolded some of his supporters for trying to get Karen booted from a speaking gig? He could have legitimately taken the high road with a simple "Please don't do that." Instead, he just had to tell us all that this is precisely what Karen had tried to do to him back when all the shit was going down.

And that's not to mention his "sometimes accusations are false" blog post—clearly a dig at Karen, petty and completely unnecessary if a retraction was in the works.

I'd have much more respect for Ben if he'd simply maintained his silence and waited for Karen to release the retraction. He could have let it speak for itself and actually decline to comment on the whole thing (you know, instead of saying "I won't comment on this" and immediately proceeding to comment on it).

In short, neither party is likeable in my view.

No clue what really happened, though. Maybe he's a creep. Maybe she's a vengeful asshole. Maybe a little of both.

One thing's for sure: PZ is a creep and a vengeful fucking asshole for publicizing Ben's identity as the person in question. He gets off on that kind of shit. He disgusts me.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

And another $800 since my last post. Hollywood movie stars and CEOs eat your heart out. All you need is a vagina and a mantle of victimhood.

John D

Post by John D »

Really? wrote:
Za-zen wrote:She isn't too stupid is she, everything is done at no cost to herself.
And all of the damage (personal, professional, financial) is on Radford.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 87/dcc.png

But seriously, if I were going to TAM I would avoid her like ebola.
I avoid all these fuckers. I often post shit on Facebook about atheism and my Christian cousins pick on me. They ask why I am attacking Christians. But... I really never do attack Christians and I remind them of this. I can honestly say that most of the Christians I know are really good people. They take care of their families, they work hard, they obey the law, they don't sexually harass people, they are not vengeful. Only very few Christians do as much crazy shit as these skeptic/atheist leaders. Most of these popular skeptics are really horrible people... at their core. They are a disgrace to anything we try to label as a "movement"...Yeck.

Sure, Christians are behind the curve on accepting gays and have other issues.... but I blame that on tradition. This will change with time. So.....

I can honestly say to my cousins... "Hey, I know more good Christians than good atheists"... which they really enjoy. Haha.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

DownThunder wrote:And another $800 since my last post. Hollywood movie stars and CEOs eat your heart out. All you need is a vagina and a mantle of victimhood.
She should link it to a Veronica Mars sequel....

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Maybe I could tell Aunty Svan about that horrible Mykeru bullying me and she'll make up a blog post for it. She can pad it out with all sorts of rubbish, she's good at that. I've not been able to sleep and taken to the bottle while curled up in a ball since Mykeru's rapey comments. Has to be worth a few grand. I'll donate it to the 'be nice to pompous twats' fund. Main beneficiary being me so the rest of you can sod off while I drink it all.

Guestus Aurelius

$30,000 goal now exceeded.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

http://i.imgur.com/c3JV4Mg.jpg

At the rate she is raising funds, is it too much to hope we don't get a series of libel trials, but at least one video game?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Slyme Pit Moderator.
:dance:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

James Caruthers wrote:
feralandproud wrote: Straight out the playbook! Guess it's finally sinking in that this shit is real. Let's see if the SJL will put their money where their mouths are. Just the fact that they were willing to settle this out-of-court(judging by the exchange between Baxter and Radford)makes me think that her evidence may not be too convincing.
She already has 25k. Wow, nice work if you can get it.

To be fair though, the sheep were just busting at the chops to be sheered in this case. I didn't donate to Shermer, even though I suspected he was probably innocent. Good thing, cause the money went away. Well, hopefully those who donate to Stollznow end up actually paying for a fucking legal battle, and not for purses, shoes and fancy dinners out.
I on the other hand, would not mind in the slightest if the money went towards purses, shoes and fancy dinners out.

(It is not my money at all ... so careth I the slighteth, not)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JackSkeptic wrote:Maybe I could tell Aunty Svan about that horrible Mykeru bullying me and she'll make up a blog post for it. She can pad it out with all sorts of rubbish, she's good at that. I've not been able to sleep and taken to the bottle while curled up in a ball since Mykeru's rapey comments. Has to be worth a few grand. I'll donate it to the 'be nice to pompous twats' fund. Main beneficiary being me so the rest of you can sod off while I drink it all.
Maybe you could suck Zvanatee dick?

Post by guest »

zenbabe wrote:I'm probably ninja'd.

But Stollznow DID learn, over the weekend, that a lot of people would have helped her out financially if only they'd known she needed it.
It's one in the teeth for Dr Rachael "Skeptic Zone" Dunlop, who seemed to think that Stollznow's innocence hinged on begging for money. Maybe it gave her the idea?
http://www.anony.ws/i/2014/03/27/YjAx4.th.png
http://www.anony.ws/i/2014/03/27/84DRd.png
not that Shermer asked for help it was just given by Emery Emery afaik

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Let them throw their money at Karen Steal$zdough.

Meanwhile, the CDC claims that 1 in 68 US children (1 in 42 boys) has some form of autism spectrum disorder. How can this be? WTF is going on?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
<snip>

One thing's for sure: PZ is a creep and a vengeful fucking asshole for publicizing Ben's identity as the person in question. He gets off on that kind of shit. He disgusts me.
Thinking back on things, I suspect he's been like that for quite some time.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

BarnOwl wrote:Meanwhile, the CDC claims that 1 in 68 US children (1 in 42 boys) has some form of autism spectrum disorder. How can this be? WTF is going on?
Just guessing but if you broaden the definition to include everyone who has any kind of trouble with social interaction and picking up social cues, however mild, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable figure.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Really?

Post by Really? »

JacquesCuze wrote:
DownThunder wrote:And another $800 since my last post. Hollywood movie stars and CEOs eat your heart out. All you need is a vagina and a mantle of victimhood.
She should link it to a Veronica Mars sequel....
You should know that radical feminists dislike Veronica Mars, even though it's a TV show with a strong, smart female protagonist who doesn't let herself be mistreated. A show that centers upon the punishment of several rapists a person who killed a young woman.

Why?

Because the third season features college feminists who fake a rape so someone--ANYONE can be arrested for the rapes occurring on campus. It's irresponsible, they say, to depict any false allegations of rape in a creative work, seeing as how they are EXCEEDINGLY RARE. We're talking 0.6%, of course.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Is it not dishonesty if you are honest about it?

dogen

Post by dogen »

I'm surprised we haven't yet seen a contribution from a Mr. Ben Radford...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BarnOwl wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:
<snip>

Thinking back on things, I suspect he's been like that for quite some time.
<pitpsych>
I think he's disappointed with ending up in a backwater cow-town college, when clearly he should have been fêted in Stockholm, have professorships emeriti at Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford, Princeton, &c., so he get all mean 'n' tough when he straps on his internet balls. He's just raging at the world that doesn't recognize him as the towering intellectual, political, and cultural imbecile paragon that he clearly thinks he is. Hence his surrounding himself with arse-kissers as much as he can, and not venturing outside his circle.
</pitpsych>
In brief, he's just a cunt.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Sunder wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Meanwhile, the CDC claims that 1 in 68 US children (1 in 42 boys) has some form of autism spectrum disorder. How can this be? WTF is going on?
Just guessing but if you broaden the definition to include everyone who has any kind of trouble with social interaction and picking up social cues, however mild, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable figure.
I think one has to have both impaired social interactions/interpersonal communication and inflexible, repetitive behaviors for an ASD diagnosis, but need to check the DSM V to be sure.

Really?

Post by Really? »

dogen wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't yet seen a contribution from a Mr. Ben Radford...
I don't know exactly why I feel so, but it's a bit of a shit move for Marcus Ranum to have done that.

On the other hand....I do wonder what would happen if "Ogvorbis's Victim #2" were to give $1.