Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
gargamel

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by gargamel »

Which one of you bastards posted this? http://www.amazon.com/review/R3EPNPGHZZ ... 0307379345
Overall I did not like the tone and found many of the articles triggered strong negative emotions. Not so bad though that I would call for a fainting couch or anything!
One major complaint. Every so often I felt the need for citations to support statements of fact. But then I simply admonished myself not to be such a "nerd".
Brilliant!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Who still buys paper magazines anyway? Seriously, my local press shop closed like 2 or 3 years ago.

I do. But, I buy fashion and photography magazines. So, I am getting them for the big glossy pix. And I still have a subscription to Playboy.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Parsehole, is this your new Youtube identity? It's in your style, and you said something similar on the pit earlier.
fredW.jpg
Yeah mate, that's me.
Ha! By my "style" did you mean a Fred-West-based persona or the comment itself?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

gargamel wrote:Which one of you bastards posted this? http://www.amazon.com/review/R3EPNPGHZZ ... 0307379345
Overall I did not like the tone and found many of the articles triggered strong negative emotions. Not so bad though that I would call for a fainting couch or anything!
One major complaint. Every so often I felt the need for citations to support statements of fact. But then I simply admonished myself not to be such a "nerd".
Brilliant!
Whoever that is - well fucking done! :-D
I did find many words to be quite technical, but coped by using a good dictionary. It's of course important to have clearly understood and widely accepted definitions for foundation terms. On occasion I found that what I thought a term meant was very different to how the author had used the word. Maybe a glossary would have helped.
Describe the book in one sentence? "The lift music of atheism" I would probably consign it to my library's dungeon.

Ok maybe a bit harsh. I don't want to give the wrong impression as I found some of the content to be really interesting. It might be worth perusing over a coffee.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:Parsehole, is this your new Youtube identity? It's in your style, and you said something similar on the pit earlier.
fredW.jpg
Yeah mate, that's me.
The Fred West persona. The good taste gene doesn't run in your family, does it?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Who still buys paper magazines anyway? Seriously, my local press shop closed like 2 or 3 years ago.
I do, but I'm a Luddite. I get Harper's Magazine, The Nation, Audubon, and Interweave Knits. Sometimes I'll buy Spin-Off and Wild Fibers magazines as well. Used to get Organic Gardening, but now a friend at work gives me her copies after she and her husband have read them. I know ... Luddy McLudditepants.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Anthony K wants Abbie to read this insult, and since he doesn't have the courage to post it here himself I thought it would be a good little pet to do it for him.
Anthony K

October 15, 2013 at 4:46 pm (UTC -5)

Hi Abbie:

In case you’re having one of your little pets read this to you, here’s a helpful link so that you don’t sound like such an ignorant fucking shitpile: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chroni ... me/DS00395

There’s a lot of words there, and almost every one of them is not the word ‘cunt’, so don’t feel too bad if it’s all over your head. You’re supposed to be finding a cure for cancer anyway, not spending all of your time on the internet getting high-fives from cognitive fourteen-year-olds.

After that, we’ll review your comment that starts with “I noticed with the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome folks” and have a little discussion about statistics and confirmation bias. But not until you’ve finished your finding a cure for cancer homework!
Anthony K is as clever and witty as always! I hadn't seen him post for a while, so it's good to see he hasn't lost that keen edge.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh dear. Looks like Anthony K's mom has grounded him again.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
fredW.jpg
Yeah mate, that's me.
The Fred West persona. The good taste gene doesn't run in your family, does it?
Nah, not really....Funny you mentioned the bad taste though. Fred West only raped and killed 10 people yet everyone thinks he's a cunt.
Ghengis Khan raped and murdered half of Asia and he gets a statue erected in London, a city he never visited and had no affiliations with.

Weird eh? I wonder if in years to come our mass murderers and serial rapists will have statues erected in cities they had nothing to do with too?

windy

Post by windy »

BarnOwl wrote: Of course she's got the spoons to trawl the Slymepit. And reducing work hours or quitting one's job altogether just gives them more time to seine-haul the interwebz for outrage, harrumphs, and drama. When the 'nets come up empty, they just make shit up to fit their ridiculous narratives. Blah blah here's my Paypal account blah blah blah my unusual physiology blah blah suffering first world problems blah.
http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ico/spr ... auron2.jpg
...are googling yourself again

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Anthony K wants Abbie to read this insult, and since he doesn't have the courage to post it here himself I thought it would be a good little pet to do it for him.
Anthony K

Hi Abbie:

In case you’re having one of your little pets read this to you, here’s a helpful link so that you don’t sound like such an ignorant fucking shitpile: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chroni ... me/DS00395

There’s a lot of words there, and almost every one of them is not the word ‘cunt’, so don’t feel too bad if it’s all over your head. You’re supposed to be finding a cure for cancer anyway, not spending all of your time on the internet getting high-fives from cognitive fourteen-year-olds.

After that, we’ll review your comment that starts with “I noticed with the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome folks” and have a little discussion about statistics and confirmation bias. But not until you’ve finished your finding a cure for cancer homework!
Anthony K is as clever and witty as always! I hadn't seen him post for a while, so it's good to see he hasn't lost that keen edge.
HIV is a cancer?
Well I never did!
Thanks for that Mr K I look forward to your next startling revelation.
Good to know we can rely on your deep medical knowledge in future.
Now show me again.
Which is your arse and which is your elbow...?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Anthony K wants Abbie to read this insult, and since he doesn't have the courage to post it here himself I thought it would be a good little pet to do it for him.
Anthony K

Hi Abbie:

I guess the FtBers haven't been harassed on Twitter, or trolled in their blog comments, or threatened by e-mails, or offended at atheist conferences enough lately, so they have to trawl the 'Pit for outrage.

I still think it's the vegan/vegetarian/omnivore/special dietary and caloric needs disagreements that will bring the Empire to its knees. :twisted:

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Nah, not really....Funny you mentioned the bad taste though. Fred West only raped and killed 10 people yet everyone thinks he's a cunt.
Ghengis Khan raped and murdered half of Asia and he gets a statue erected in London, a city he never visited and had no affiliations with.

Weird eh? I wonder if in years to come our mass murderers and serial rapists will have statues erected in cities they had nothing to do with too?
I've had an erection in London and I didn't kill or rape anyone.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

windy wrote:
BarnOwl wrote: Of course she's got the spoons to trawl the Slymepit. And reducing work hours or quitting one's job altogether just gives them more time to seine-haul the interwebz for outrage, harrumphs, and drama. When the 'nets come up empty, they just make shit up to fit their ridiculous narratives. Blah blah here's my Paypal account blah blah blah my unusual physiology blah blah suffering first world problems blah.
http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ico/spr ... auron2.jpg
...are googling yourself again
There is no life in the void.....Only....Death.

[youtube]G11prumD2pY[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Nah, not really....Funny you mentioned the bad taste though. Fred West only raped and killed 10 people yet everyone thinks he's a cunt.

The Bromley Sutcliffe - where lady picnicers often take selfies while standing just underneath Peter's hammer.

The Isle of Wight Harold Shipman, located in Blackgang Chine amusement park. Amusement abounds when you press a little button on the plinth while Kenneth William's voice says 'Ooh matron!' as Shipman's fibreglass scultped syringe squirts lavender scented water.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Poor Anthony K. Everybody gots issues, buddy. Some of us just don't go begging online, or manage to weed a forum into a cult of the "damaged and damn proud of it." What are the odds that a whole forum would have these issues, outside of a support group? A forum that was supposed to be dedicated to science and atheism, no less.

Mean ol' Abby, pissing on their pity party.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Stefunny has a "job"? :shock: What is her "job"?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

SkepticalCat wrote:Stefunny has a "job"? :shock: What is her "job"?
Convincing people she has a job. It's hard work.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
gargamel wrote:Which one of you bastards posted this? http://www.amazon.com/review/R3EPNPGHZZ ... 0307379345
Brilliant!
Whoever that is - well fucking done! :-D
I did find many words to be quite technical, but coped by using a good dictionary. It's of course important to have clearly understood and widely accepted definitions for foundation terms. On occasion I found that what I thought a term meant was very different to how the author had used the word. Maybe a glossary would have helped.
Describe the book in one sentence? "The lift music of atheism" I would probably consign it to my library's dungeon.

Ok maybe a bit harsh. I don't want to give the wrong impression as I found some of the content to be really interesting. It might be worth perusing over a coffee.
Thank you. I was on a roll.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

lol 'Cancer'

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ERV wrote:lol 'Cancer'
What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be doing science somewhere and curing cancer?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Oh, come on, guys. HIV. Cancer. What's the difference?

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

ERV, please cure AIDS and cancer and heart disease. Also if you could do something about baldness, that would be nice, too. Thks.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Anthony K

Hi Abbie:

Ignoring that Brownian/Anthony K doesn't seem to know the difference between HIV and cancer, he also doesn't realize that Abbie has a pretty good knowledge about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME after spending about a year battling with Judy Miskovitz and her phantom virus that supposedly caused the disease - in the end being instrumental in getting the Science paper retracted by the editor of the journal - a truly fantastic piece of medical skepticism, and one that was almost entirely ignored by the skeptic movement, including to his everlasting shame Steve Novella.

Wait a second, how long has Steffie had this disease?
Does anyone suspect that she might be that commenter from the XMRV forums? (you'll remember which one if you were a regular on ERV at the time - just think a highly explosive cocktail of arrogance and absolute ignorance - her!)
No wonder she hates Abbie!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

SkepticalCat wrote:ERV, please cure AIDS and cancer and heart disease. Also if you could do something about baldness, that would be nice, too. Thks.
And chronic fatigue syndrome.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Anthony K

Hi Abbie:

Ignoring that Brownian/Anthony K doesn't seem to know the difference between HIV and cancer, he also doesn't realize that Abbie has a pretty good knowledge about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME after spending about a year battling with Judy Miskovitz and her phantom virus that supposedly caused the disease - in the end being instrumental in getting the Science paper retracted by the editor of the journal - a truly fantastic piece of medical skepticism, and one that was almost entirely ignored by the skeptic movement, including to his everlasting shame Steve Novella.

Wait a second, how long has Steffie had this disease?
Does anyone suspect that she might be that commenter from the XMRV forums? (you'll remember which one if you were a regular on ERV at the time - just think a highly explosive cocktail of arrogance and absolute ignorance - her!)
No wonder she hates Abbie!
Careful, Dick. You don't want to cause Steffie any undue stress along with her migrainery period and risk giving her PTSD, do you?

PTSD is like aids, right?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Wee little Anthony K
He got his dander up one day
Referrred to a cancer researcher as an ignorant shitpile,
Without checking the facts, in typical style.

Wee little Anthony K
Made himself look dumb one day
Just like the pope is sometimes catholic
Or a pork pie that once had some aspic.

Wee little Anthony K
I'm sure he'll get a girl one day
And finally wet his wee pee-pee
While secretly thinking about a certain...Abbie.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Remember, this is the same group of individuals that describes their detractors as 'men who live in their parents basement and rage from behind a keyboard'.

In todays economic climate, lots of people are unemployed and underemployed. Living with your parents is a reasonable financial option.

But what we are dealing with with the FfTBer/Skpechick crowd are people who are voluntarily choosing not to work*, and then expecting the skeptical community to write them welfare checks... to rage from behind a keyboard.

Somehow the former is a derogatory statement, but the latter is honorable and reasonable.

[youtube]hXud6iXXSqw[/youtube]

* Im not sure Watsons unemployment is a 'choice'. But we already had the 'psychoanalysis over the internet' debate.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

If you happen to be reading, Anthony, you might like to study this handy guide:

http://dublinopinion.com/wp-content/upl ... -elbow.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

And while you're at it Anthony, I think it's about time your sorted out your cat's haemhorroid problem:

http://i.imgur.com/EgdYuYP.jpg?1

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:And while you're at it Anthony, I think it's about time your sorted out your cat's haemhorroid problem:

*cough* from his defunct blog *cough*
Anthony K wrote:30.41667 OMT—7:18:00 AM MDT

The day's work done, I recline in my Co-MA-Boy™ lounger and finish my coffee. A gentle mewing at the door interrupts my thoughts; I rub my tongue against the Timex® calendar watch implanted in my left maxillary lateral incisor (Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!™) and realise it's Saveferrisday: the day the maid comes. (In order to reconcile the need for an eight-day workweek with the want for a four-day weekend, five extra days named for defunct ska-punk bands were added to the week.) Wondering whatever the hell happened to Thebeatday, I open the door and let in Manopla, who greets me by rubbing my face with her whiskers and purring before reminding me I still owe her for last month's services. Embarrassed, I make a half-assed attempt at tidying up the living room (priority: hide the holo-porn discs!) before giving up and sitting down to watch her work. Captivated by her lithe yet curvaceous body, I marvel yet again at the way her tawny fur turns to milky peach fuzz at her pert breasts and flat stomach, yet darkens to ebony black at her groin. As she bends over, flicking her tail, to lick the lint off the zebriger rug, I consider asking her to stay after she's done. I decide against it, remembering how the last time I hit dat, she stayed mad at me for two months for giving her Space hairballs. Then again, you haven't had sex unless you've had a rough-tongued rimjob.** Fuck it: if my dry spell lasts until Operationivyday, I'll ask her to stay then.

33.70949 OMT—8:05:25 AM MDT

Finished cleaning the apartment, Manopla washes herself in the bathroom and then heads for the door. Just as she's about to leave, she turns and winks, pulling a bootleg holo-disc of Catwoman out of her purse. She looks so excited, I don't have the heart (or the Space-Spanish) to tell her it's not porn but rather a shitty movie Prime Minister Berry made before entering politics. At any rate, it looks like I'll be gettin' pussy later! (Even if I have to pull out the 'Ninguna tarjeta verde' card.)
** :shock:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:And while you're at it Anthony, I think it's about time your sorted out your cat's haemhorroid problem:

I think it's clearer in this shot.

http://i.imgur.com/kFHMVRZ.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

So Anthony K once wrote some fanfic. About himself.

That says it all.

:lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:
*cough* from his defunct blog *cough*
Anthony K wrote:30.41667 OMT—7:18:00 AM MDT

The day's work done, I recline in my Co-MA-Boy™ lounger and finish my coffee. A gentle mewing at the door interrupts my thoughts; I rub my tongue against the Timex® calendar watch implanted in my left maxillary lateral incisor (Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!™) and realise it's Saveferrisday: the day the maid comes. (In order to reconcile the need for an eight-day workweek with the want for a four-day weekend, five extra days named for defunct ska-punk bands were added to the week.) Wondering whatever the hell happened to Thebeatday, I open the door and let in Manopla, who greets me by rubbing my face with her whiskers and purring before reminding me I still owe her for last month's services. Embarrassed, I make a half-assed attempt at tidying up the living room (priority: hide the holo-porn discs!) before giving up and sitting down to watch her work. Captivated by her lithe yet curvaceous body, I marvel yet again at the way her tawny fur turns to milky peach fuzz at her pert breasts and flat stomach, yet darkens to ebony black at her groin. As she bends over, flicking her tail, to lick the lint off the zebriger rug, I consider asking her to stay after she's done. I decide against it, remembering how the last time I hit dat, she stayed mad at me for two months for giving her Space hairballs. Then again, you haven't had sex unless you've had a rough-tongued rimjob.** Fuck it: if my dry spell lasts until Operationivyday, I'll ask her to stay then.

33.70949 OMT—8:05:25 AM MDT

Finished cleaning the apartment, Manopla washes herself in the bathroom and then heads for the door. Just as she's about to leave, she turns and winks, pulling a bootleg holo-disc of Catwoman out of her purse. She looks so excited, I don't have the heart (or the Space-Spanish) to tell her it's not porn but rather a shitty movie Prime Minister Berry made before entering politics. At any rate, it looks like I'll be gettin' pussy later! (Even if I have to pull out the 'Ninguna tarjeta verde' card.)
** :shock:
No.
No I don't believe it.
Please tell me you have a link for that?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

So Anthony K is a furry? Fucking LOL. And yes, I am furry-shaming.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I have to go to bed now. Quite gutted actually coz this looked like it was going to get funny.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Now that I've studied that picture, I'm not sure if he's fucking that cat's arse or if he's just emerged from it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Brownian owns a cat and he wrote a story about wanting to shag a cat that licks his floor clean.
That is all.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:No.
No I don't believe it.
Please tell me you have a link for that?
http://web.archive.org/web/200608240331 ... /brownian/
Anthony K wrote:First things first: I sit down on my Captain's Commode® (James T. Kirk seat cover not included) and do my business; probably the only human bodily function that hasn't substantially changed with technology. I find the sharp hiss made by my wastes as they hit the event horizon of the singularity in the bowl to be one of life's little pleasures.
:lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Here it is - Anthony K's old blog. There's lot's of entries - looks like it'll be an entertaining night :-D

http://brownian-in-motion.blogspot.co.u ... art-i.html

I like that witty title he gave it there.

free thoughtpolice

Oolon enters the fray, mentions Abbie's nonempathetic work on viruses, and publically announces he is the first bigtime donor to Svanatee's pension fund ! :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:
Anthony K wrote:First things first: I sit down on my Captain's Commode® (James T. Kirk seat cover not included) and do my business; probably the only human bodily function that hasn't substantially changed with technology. I find the sharp hiss made by my wastes as they hit the event horizon of the singularity in the bowl to be one of life's little pleasures.

Tigzy wrote:Here it is - Anthony K's old blog. There's lot's of entries - looks like it'll be an entertaining night :-D

http://brownian-in-motion.blogspot.co.u ... art-i.html

I like that witty title he gave it there.
This isn't fair. I really have to go to bed and then you lot pull out Anthony K's stories about shagging futuristic cats and enjoying the sensation of shitting a turd into deep space whilst commanding his own feline starship.
NOOOooooo......

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

From Anthony K's whizz-bang super-duper space-future blog - could this be the origins of FTBs pineapple-up-the-arse meme?
Though the bed has over 6,451 massage settings in a coconut-curry base, I usually leave it on acu-tantra-lomi since I gave myself a serious Space migraine the last time I tried to neuro-load the manual from the Uninet (or the Space Wide Web, if you're un-Space-cool like my mom). Besides, by now the Space pineapple stings my rectum only slightly. Feeling refreshed and invigorated, I hop out of bed and activate my servo-implants in preparation for my morning Space yoga routine.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

CJ Cherryh's Chanur novels feature a feline race (the Hani); the females are the space travelers and the males stay on the home planet and fight with each other. I think a Hani captain would whup your arse good, if you expected her to clean your house.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Wow, Anthony K sure does go on about his arse a lot.
First things first: I sit down on my Captain's Commode® (James T. Kirk seat cover not included) and do my business; probably the only human bodily function that hasn't substantially changed with technology. I find the sharp hiss made by my wastes as they hit the event horizon of the singularity in the bowl to be one of life's little pleasures.
Classic WTFery here:
Ah, well, at least my diamond teeth still gleam. Only black people can get away with wearing their original teeth. (Of course, by 'black people' I am referring to anti-matter humans. Their discovery led to a new wave of segregation for pragmatic rather than ideological reasons: if you want to avoid a universe-annihilating explosion, you damn well better be sure you're using the correct Space water fountain. And you can certainly forget about any inter-matter relationships, Mr. Fermion-Fever; as the saying goes, 'Once you go Dirac, you never go back'. If you're wondering, people of African ancestry were all swept into heaven during the Rapture. Except for the Wayans brothers, of course. Who knew the Flying Spaghetti Monster would hate White Chicks so much?)
I love this blog. He's trying so hard, bless him. :lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:From Anthony K's whizz-bang super-duper space-future blog - could this be the origins of FTBs pineapple-up-the-arse meme?
Though the bed has over 6,451 massage settings in a coconut-curry base, I usually leave it on acu-tantra-lomi since I gave myself a serious Space migraine the last time I tried to neuro-load the manual from the Uninet (or the Space Wide Web, if you're un-Space-cool like my mom). Besides, by now the Space pineapple stings my rectum only slightly. Feeling refreshed and invigorated, I hop out of bed and activate my servo-implants in preparation for my morning Space yoga routine.
Try May 1, 2006 ("Lovin’ it up when I’m goin’ down."). He likes making people nervous. In elevators.

He's wacky! He's edgy! All the wacky edginess you could possibly want, jammed up your nose.

free thoughtpolice

Tigzy wrote:From Anthony K's whizz-bang super-duper space-future blog - could this be the origins of FTBs pineapple-up-the-arse meme?
Now kids; this is a perfect example of why you should never let people or yourself post naked pictures of yourself or allow yourself to be quoted saying or writing something that may prove to be embarassing in the future. Once it's on the internet, etc.
Fortunately phrases like "Space pineapple stings my rectum" will never inspire any bullies to make Photoshops of you and Space pineapples, cats, and so on.
Anthony K you really must be the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard with that fine prose! :ugeek:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Okay. So Anthony tells how we ought to be amusing and well-liked at work:
What follows are lessons on shocking and/or amusing co-workers without having to depend on the tired clichés of racist or sexist comments, or outright disagreeability. Each lesson is illustrated with an excerpt (or two) of actual conversations I've had with co-workers in a typical day (yesterday in fact). While I've not yet had to deal with the dreaded trip to the HR office, I would recommend checking with your workplace's policies on inappropriate office behaviour. It's hard to defend your daily lunchtime paean to the wonders of cannibalism while digging into your pork tartare if section 1.4.1.2 of the Policies & Procedures Manual explicitly forbids such discussions. It should be noted that I am not a work-place jerk, and in fact am very well-liked by the majority of my co-workers, probably for the very reason that I engage in interactions like the examples given below
Well, that's a good start. Course, I'm getting the impression of someone a bit like those smugly obnoxious Christians who say they are good friends with, and well-liked, by atheists. Anyways - amongst Anthony's non-sexist advice, there's this:
Lesson Number 3: Nonsense, ¿No se? and non sequiturs.
This category includes random or nonsensical comments, deliberate misinterpretations of others' comments or actions, or otherwise atypical reactions to very typical situations. In essence, this involves channelling a little bit of the Family Guy and should represent the bulk of your inappropriateness arsenal. They can range from extremely contentious to the childishly benign and their versatility allows them to be tailored to fit nearly any workplace situation. In the early stages of the development of your workplace personality (or, as I like to call it, your 'cubicality'), these serve a dual purpose: they allow you to assess your audience's sense of humour, intelligence, and tolerance; and they serve to 'prime' your audience. Priming your audience is key; I once complained to a properly-primed audience of co-workers that I was tired of being viewed by women as a 'safe date' (the human equivalent of a steer). When asked what reputation I would prefer, I deadpanned 'sexual predator' to only a few scattered groans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny, yes, but probably not in the way Anthony intended.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

the Space pineapple stings my rectum
http://elevatorgate.files.wordpress.com ... .jpg?w=590

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Anthony K on Elevators:
Since my last two entries dealt with cheese, I thought I'd start with that theme for today's post.

I love elevators. The best part of riding in elevators is the opportunity to make banal, meaningless conversation with strangers:

Me: "Going up? Heh, heh, heh."
Stranger(s): [Vague mumbling with eyes averted]

or

Me (on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, respectively): "Monday, eh?" "Humpday, huh?" "Hey, TGIF!"
Stranger(s): [Vague mumbling with eyes averted, slowly backing towards the door]

Yes, folks, I am that guy!

On occasions when I'm feeling particularly frisky, I like to add a touch of surrealism to the journey:

Me (to person getting on): "Can I press a button for you?"
Person: "Yes, four please."
Me: "Mm, four is the number of death. I'll press three for you instead."
Person: "Excuse me?"
Me: "I'm pressing three. It's a much better floor."
Person: "Wha—?"
Me: "Technically, I only asked if I could press a button for you. I don't particularly care what button you want pressed."
Person: [Vague mumbling with eyes averted, slowly backing towards the door, reaching for their mace]

The fact that I work in a hospital (or, as I like to think of it, 'a place where they charge you up the ass for parking') lends itself to all kinds of fun. I once got on the elevator with a couple of EMTs pushing a gurney. I asked them if I could push a floor for them (tee-hee, see above.) When it turned out they were only going up one floor, I rolled my eyes and said, "Hmmph. You guys are lazy."
"Excuse us?"
"You heard me. Whatsa matter, your legs broken or something? You can't walk up one flight of stairs?"
"Er, but, we have this gurney..."

Medical professionals have no sense of humour.

(I'm serious. Try asking a doctor if they've ever left anything inside a patient during surgery and then constantly repeating, "But how can you be sure?" when they respond in the negative. You'll see what I mean.)

I used to work in a building that had mirrors on the ceilings in the elevators. The cheesy motel jokes came almost too easily.

Elevators aren't all fun and games, however. As I mentioned above, I work in a hospital. This particular hospital serves the northern Alberta hinterland, and so I'm always meeting the American Gothic couple on the elevator. Now, I've seen the kinds of bell-and-whistled SUVs these folks drive, so I can't understand how they've apparently never encountered a fucking elevator in their lives. I mean, Barney and Betty Hill probably approached their first flying saucer with less trepidation than these folks do a standard Otis hydraulic.

The encounter almost always happens this way:

I finish my smoke in the basement (one lung left to go!), and hit five for my floor. The doors open on main, and I practically have to shout "GOING UP?" to stop them flinging their shit at each other long enough to notice that the monolith has arrived. After several minutes of sniffing around and gingerly pawing at the opened doors ("Where'd they go?") they snuffle their way over to me, standing under the neon fucking green 'up' arrow:
"Is this elevator going up?"
"Yeah, along with my fucking blood pressure, you goddamn moron," I scream inside my head.
"Oh, we wanted down." Aaaaaaaeeeeeayaaaaaagh!
And then, as if they'd just caught sight of some shiny baubles somewhere else, they turn and waddle out, paying no more heed to the sobbing mess in the corner that is me. God help me if one them is in a wheelchair.

I've noticed that the likelihood of this type of incident increases in proportion to my need for a refill of coffee. Speaking of which, it's about time for a coffee break. I think today I'd better take the stairs.
You know. He reminds me of someone...

[youtube]-rj1SFtxRTg[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Wow. Anthony sure must love the Jetsons. Does he have "space underwear" in his stories, along with a "space toothbrush", and does he take his daily "space dump"?

Seriously - I'll wait till I'm home to read, maybe, but... Brownian - Space Furry has a certain ring to it. This is for realz?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
the Space pineapple stings my rectum
http://elevatorgate.files.wordpress.com ... .jpg?w=590
Holy shit - Anthony is threatening Space Ophelia. Better get Ophie on the phone so she can get the vapors again.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ophelia has dredged up a year-old post about sexual harassment on an obscure blog that has, by remarkable coincidence, been updated today with the name of a well-known science blogger. Not going to link to it - y'all know where to find it, if interested. It might be true, I don't know ... but it's also entirely possible that OB has jumped to conclusions based on one side of the story.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Let's rephrase Anthony's latest missive in a more fitting style:
Hi Abbie:

In case you’re having one of your little space pets read this to you, here’s a helpful space-web link so that you don’t sound like such an ignorant fucking space-singularity shitpile: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chroni ... me/DS00395

There’s a lot of words there, and almost every one of them is not the word ‘spacecunt’, so don’t feel too bad if it’s all over your head. You’re supposed to be finding a cure for space cancer anyway, not spending all of your time on the internet getting high-fives from cognitive fourteen-year-old space aliens.

After that, we’ll review your comment that starts with “I noticed with the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome folks” and have a little discussion about space statistics and intergalactic confirmation bias. But not until you’ve finished your finding a cure for space cancer homework on your UltravioletBerry!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Furries abusing pineapples?

I CAN HALP!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7330/9000 ... 36283e.jpg
Pineapple1 by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tigzy wrote:Wow, Anthony K sure does go on about his arse a lot.
Ah, well, at least my diamond teeth still gleam. Only black people can get away with wearing their original teeth. (Of course, by 'black people' I am referring to anti-matter humans. *snip* If you're wondering, people of African ancestry were all swept into heaven during the Rapture.
So, Anthony, only "black" people can claim "African ancestry"?

Dude, you are gonna be Setar's bitch for about the next 40 years.

free thoughtpolice

BarnOwl wrote:Furries abusing pineapples?

I CAN HALP!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7330/9000 ... 36283e.jpg
Pineapple1 by BarnOwl83, on Flickr
Make sure you find out what type of pineapple your pup is chewing on. If it's a Space pineapple it likely has been in some unsavory places!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BarnOwl wrote:Ophelia has dredged up a year-old post about sexual harassment on an obscure blog that has, by remarkable coincidence, been updated today with the name of a well-known science blogger. Not going to link to it - y'all know where to find it, if interested. It might be true, I don't know ... but it's also entirely possible that OB has jumped to conclusions based on one side of the story.
http://monicacatherine.wordpress.com/20 ... -happened/

It will be interesting to see how Peezus handles this one.
Bora was, along with Peezus, one of the original scienceblog bloggers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SkepticalCat wrote:Stefunny has a "job"? :shock: What is her "job"?
She IS a job. A BIG jobbie (best read in a Billy Connolly accent).