Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Quiz

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Quiz »

So I guess TJ knows this person personally.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Quiz wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Quiz wrote:theamazingatheist says he knows who accused shermer.

For the sake of quick lulz, can you tell us around what time he makes this claim?
14:40
Juicy.

Nice going on the heads up!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Quiz wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

For the sake of quick lulz, can you tell us around what time he makes this claim?
14:30 - 15:20

[segue from Watson, Elevatorgate, Myers]

AVfM (Robert O'Hara): ...But now we have this issue where PZ Myers is saying that someone confided in him, telling him that the editor of Skeptic Magazine raped her.

Amazing Atheist: Yes, and it drives me crazy to know who the person is, who made that accusation, and not being able to say - for reasons of, you know, I've been sworn to secrecy.

AVfM: Oh, so this person actually exists.

AA: Yes, this is a real person,

AVfM: Okay.

AA: This is a real person who actually exists. I know who it is. Unfortunately I cannot tell you. But I can tell you that I know this person personally and they are a, um, highly dubious source for this sort of information.

AVfM: Oh, okay. So they're not credible.

AA: PZ Myers is, um...I don't know what happened to PZ Myers... [goes on about Myers]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I reserve no claim to anything I post here. Anyone is free to repost, repurpose, recolor, cut up, recaption, whatever they like.
You're a gentleman.

Are you a gentleman?
That I am. I'll have no truck with tape measures, because I am a gentleman.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://i.imgur.com/yS3oXJj.png

Go back and watch HealthyAddict's video.
Keep an eye on her arm as she describes JimBob touching her shoulder, her back, and putting his arm around her waist.

As she speaks, she pantomimes what JimBob was doing. He was side-hugging her with one arm. She describes JimBob's single-arm side-hug as if JimBob was pushing beyond the established boundaries between-them.

Now go-back and watch the beginning of the vid, where she looms toward the camera and pantomimes her own double-arm front-hug of JimBob, when she was "thrilled" to see him.

It's clear she arbitrarily applies a double-standard in-which initiating a hug is Ok When She Does It, but is boundary-crossing when JimBob later reciprocates.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Gumby wrote:
Aneris wrote:
That was awesome. :clap:

While we are it, I have a general question, to Gumby, Ape+Lust, Dick Strawkins, Parody Accountant, Jan Steen and all the others. I just assume you want your work to be spread out, but are you actually okay when your work is featured on a blog (mine for example), of course always with proper credits? Or do you have some reservations (do you want a specific link to one of your pages for example?)
Simple credit is fine for me. Anyone can use my stuff, it's not like it's art or I make money off it or anything.
Does this mean you have no plans for a Gumbyramics line?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Pitchguest wrote:I'm sorry, did Stephanie Zvan just dox REDACTED?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... es-missed/

The fuck?
More like WTF. Just a couple of comments:
Goodbye Enemy Janine

August 27, 2013 at 4:57 pm (UTC -5)

REDACTED is making the claim that the blockbot is to blame for getting noted harasser of transgendered women, Cathy Brennan, suspended from Twitter.
oolon

August 27, 2013 at 5:00 pm (UTC -5)

@Goodbye Enemy Janine, REDACTED used to describe herself as the “slightly delusional” defender of the #bravehero … That is an understatement given the Bug was blocked weeks ago by the majority of the users of @the_block_bot… As much as I’d like to say the bot suspended her and peed her off, given I’m on her hate site as a MRA and harasser of women, it ain’t the truth.
I am entertained.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lsuoma - redacting personal information that the slimy cunt, oolio, posted over at the Svanatee's.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Gumby wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: I for one am all in favour about you talking about penises. You make more sense than some of the people all up in arms about me honking tits.
You're the idiot who thinks that a woman shouldn't hug someone if she doesn't expect to fuck the other person.
Well, I will concede that there may be people who would not see it that way and that it is completely innocent. They would be wrong however, to assume that this is true for everyone everywhere.
Gumby wrote: We simply pointed out your idiocy.
Alas, poor Gumby.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Southern wrote:
JackRayner wrote:While the topic of the issues in the Middle East are still warm, here's something I found on BuzzFeed.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhance ... 565-35.jpg
If that's true, Middle West's politics must have been programmed by some douchebag with his ass firmly over the Spaggethi School of Coding. Lots and lots of GOTOs and BREAKs and deliberate uses of linked lists.

God I hate my job right now.
Will this help?
TheCompleteIdiotsChartToUnderstandingTheME.jpg
(366.33 KiB) Downloaded 387 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Southern wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Southern wrote:Is this "she shouldn't have hugged a guy if she didn't want to hump him" a cultural thing to Andrew69? Down there, it's expected to greet people with a hug (of course, not the same hug you would give to your Significant Other, but a hug nonethless). If a man and a woman are being introduced to each other, it's usual for them to greet each other with a mutual kiss on both cheeks (the facial cheeks, not the butt-checks, of course). No guy, however, would think that the woman was flirting with him (well, maybe if she hugs him and grab his ass...).

Care to clrify, Andrew? I hope you understand that, to most of us, it does seem like a weird proposition.
*shrug*

I doubt that anything I have to say will clarify anything. I think I am so deep into the hole right now the only thing to do is double down and keep digging.
Well, you don't need to clarify anything to me, you know. But now I'm sure you are guilty of raping the lead singer from Paramore, or maybe Avril Lavigne, I can't really tell the difference between those talentless hacks. Which one of those is married to that Canadian fucker, Chad Kroeger?
You mean people listen to Canukistan singers? Someone must I suppose but I do not know who they are. Not anyone I know at any rate.

I never heard them myself and I live there. But then I do not listen to the radio and I generally ignore TV.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

another lurker wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Trophy wrote:RazorBladeKandy is a moron. And a creep as well, for getting boners from hugs.
And what, at all, do you know about owning a dick and about when it does and doesn't become erect? Or what authority do you have to decide when another person's dick should or shouldn't?

I'm not even interested in RBK's take on this, or in even taking their side. That sentence, however, is one of the stupidest things I've read all day.

I think you're the creep here....
I hate to inform you, but Trophy has a dick. It was a day of sorrow when he revealed the truth to us:( And there is even more sorrow, because he refused to provide SN with pix + ruler (in inches) :(
Damn it, I was savoring the moment before breaking in the news but now you ruined it *sigh*. And also, I'm not an imperialist, I don't do inches.

Darren

Post by Darren »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Southern wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Did I mention I frequently wear a kilt?

Just saying.
Pics or it didn't happend.
Your wish is my command:
DSC00827-640x640.jpg
(72.96 KiB) Downloaded 387 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote: (Delayed response due to work)

I gritted my teeth at that part ("pressing soft breasts against him"), but I kept watching. Turns out, RBK acknowledges that some people will feel he's gone too far with that, however he chose those words on purpose in an attempt to show how Jim Bob might have experienced the encounter (the first 2/3, anyway), to show how there might have been significant but mutual miscommunication.

AP has told her side, including (as RBK points out) quite a bit about what she was thinking & feeling at the time, but it seems that the message she was conveying may have been less clear than she intended.

(As I think someone mentioned w/in the past 2 pages or so, at least one other person has said he/she was in the same room and would have been happy to help AP but apparently thought AP & JB were engaging in a mutually agreeable encounter - or at least had no idea she didn't want JB to do what he was doing.)

Not that any of that excuses a hand up the skirt to the privates without consent. But there's a shred of possibility that JB experienced the encounter in a very different way than AP and thought he was getting an invitation - or at least that his forays were not unwelcome. I'm glad she didn't name him publicly, but also note that we have not heard his side of the story. Note that if there turned out to be a significant mismatch between their experiences, recollections, & assumptions, it would not be the first time such a discrepancy had ever happened.

*ready to be pelted with ripe tomatoes*
Misogyny!!!!! Rape culture!!! Enabler!!! Apologist!!!!!! Victim blamer!!!! ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WOMEN!!!

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Damn, I'm feeling popular today. Must be a slow news day at the pit.
another lurker wrote:@JackRayner

Trophy is a guy. I thought he was a chick - I don't know why, maybe because he's always arguing with the MRA's here :P But yes, he is lacking tits for us to honk - unless he's built like Clarence, of course;)
I've started to consider maybe I should get offended but on the other hand, the lols are too good, they are like sweet hugs, they give me boners.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: (Delayed response due to work)

I gritted my teeth at that part ("pressing soft breasts against him"), but I kept watching. Turns out, RBK acknowledges that some people will feel he's gone too far with that, however he chose those words on purpose in an attempt to show how Jim Bob might have experienced the encounter (the first 2/3, anyway), to show how there might have been significant but mutual miscommunication.

AP has told her side, including (as RBK points out) quite a bit about what she was thinking & feeling at the time, but it seems that the message she was conveying may have been less clear than she intended.

(As I think someone mentioned w/in the past 2 pages or so, at least one other person has said he/she was in the same room and would have been happy to help AP but apparently thought AP & JB were engaging in a mutually agreeable encounter - or at least had no idea she didn't want JB to do what he was doing.)

Not that any of that excuses a hand up the skirt to the privates without consent. But there's a shred of possibility that JB experienced the encounter in a very different way than AP and thought he was getting an invitation - or at least that his forays were not unwelcome. I'm glad she didn't name him publicly, but also note that we have not heard his side of the story. Note that if there turned out to be a significant mismatch between their experiences, recollections, & assumptions, it would not be the first time such a discrepancy had ever happened.

*ready to be pelted with ripe tomatoes*
Misogyny!!!!! Rape culture!!! Enabler!!! Apologist!!!!!! Victim blamer!!!! ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WOMEN!!!
UNLESS THOSE PARTICULAR WOMEN ARE SAYING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOUR SIDE - THEN DOX, EXPOSE, INSULT, OR SHAME THEM!!!!!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

(Sorry that popped out, I think I was triggered by Zvan's treatment of AmbrosiaX)

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

VickyCaramel wrote:Can I get a SJW side hug?
Sure. I'm not sure my arms are long enough to hug you from the front anyway.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Dick Strawkins wrote: ...There's another 'best-of-the-slymepit' on youtube - this time by skepsheik.

[youtube]UcPKmEpqfhc[/youtube]
Laughed out loud and brought tears to my eyes.
Steers (and Mr Clemmons) are right; "Against the storm of laughter, nothing can stand".
The baboons know this and boy, does it drive them nuts!

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

:clap: This is brilliant. (And a tad disturbing.)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Plonk wrote:
:clap: This is brilliant. (And a tad disturbing.)
Aye. The last couple of videos were brilliant too. Which one was better I dunno, but both had me in tears. :lol:

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Southern wrote:
Well, you don't need to clarify anything to me, you know. But now I'm sure you are guilty of raping the lead singer from Paramore, or maybe Avril Lavigne, I can't really tell the difference between those talentless hacks. Which one of those is married to that Canadian fucker, Chad Kroeger?
You mean people listen to Canukistan singers? Someone must I suppose but I do not know who they are. Not anyone I know at any rate.

I never heard them myself and I live there. But then I do not listen to the radio and I generally ignore TV.
Oh don't get me started on Avril Lavigne. Her fanbase has a schism to rival Slymepit/FTB. It's the epic of Bandaids vs Albaexodus.

And how can you not appreciate the raw tonnage of WTF in her latest video?

[youtube]uuNTO31FlY8[/youtube]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

All right! Greta Christina is promoting the send-A+-to-Skepticon fundraiser!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... -and-more/

Actually, she's promoting the "Ilk" merchandise that Grimalkin designed, which is for sale at zazzle. But she mentions the A+/Skepticon fundraiser at indiegogo. However, that has resulted in zero additional donors to the indiegogo fundraiser, so far. But that's okay, because the Ilk merchandise is also to raise funds!

"Ilk" is "Greta and Jen's Ilk" meaning their horde, their commentariat. (I first saw the term used by & for the group at atheism plus forum, but totally could have missed earlier use of it at FtB since I mostly don't read there.)

There are 2 Ilk images - two "body type" silhouettes, otherwise quite similar, each standing proudly, with a single antler on its head and wearing pink jack boots. Of the larger one, it's been said by one of Greta's commenters that the silhouetted left arm looks like a "1960′s torpedo tit." But that's not all!

Quoth qmartindale at a+ forum,
One of our critics over at another forum made the point that both ilk silhouettes appear to be able bodied. Although I think they were being facetious, I think it would be neat to see other silhouettes that include other groups.
To which Grimalkin replied (and this truly did make me smile (in a nice way)):
First off.. OMG THIS GOT BIG ENOUGH THAT PEOPLE ARE CRITICIZING IT

And... *cough* yeah they're right. I will fix this.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

bovarchist wrote:Oh don't get me started on Avril Lavigne. Her fanbase has a schism to rival Slymepit/FTB. It's the epic of Bandaids vs Albaexodus.

[ youtube ] uuNTO31FlY8 [ /youtube ]
Hahaha...huh? That was...different.

But what an epitaph, in the middle: "No one could like their own balls quite like he could."

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK. I finally got round to reading Avicenna.

Faux Rape Accusations and Richard Sanderson
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... sanderson/
If you are unaware of this, I was accused of raping someone at TAM 2013 during a period of time that I was intensely busy with “work”. I didn’t know about the Michael Shermer incident. I just thought it was hate mail. Mabus was doing the rounds after all…

So I disposed of it. Tam 2013? How weird!

Then other allegations started popping up. PZ Myers, Lousy Canuck (AKA Jason Thibeault) and I realised what it was. It was laying the ground work for something big.

Turns out Mr. Sanderson is a possible suspect in the fake accusation that I raped/molested someone at TAM 2013.
WTF? Then he goes on to make this statement:
Mr. Sanderson was unaware of the alibi until mentioned. Indicating that he either learnt of the accusation from the accuser or is the accuser himself.
OK, so first Avicenna says that Sanderson is a "possible suspect" then he goes on to say that Sanderson either made the charge or learned of it by someone else.

Then he says he can not sue Sanderson. Of what I am not sure of at this point. But he appears to be confident that he would win if he did?

Then he goes on a rant about the Slymepit.

At this point I look up Sanderson on twitter and I see this:
I also see this:
Not sure what to make of this, but I suspect that someone has gone into the deep end without his water wings.

But who? :think:

Wonky Donkey

Post by Wonky Donkey »

Quiz wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

Trigger warning: Don't wear headphones listening to this video, you might want to go on a rampage with a large gun with the poor use of stereo.

uberfeminist

Post by uberfeminist »

Before these events, Avicenna was pissed that people are trashing his favorite blogging network ( #ftbullies ) because of the "core" group is ruining the brand.

He presumably can't sue (or would have trouble suing) Sanderson because Avicenna is in India and Sanderson is not.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Scented Nectar wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Hmmm. After the last post by Scented Nectar I remembered these two. Which is more acceptable? Item one or two? Vote now.

Item one: Dood? What? Advertise much? Taking lessons from Miley Cyrus?
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18wa017 ... bigpic.jpg

Item two: More tasteful and subtle?
http://judgybitch.files.wordpress.com/2 ... ammer.jpeg
I vote for the subtle one, but that might partly be because the first guy looks like his parts must be uncomfortable in those tights. If this poll had a write in category, I'd have voted for loose jogging pants with no underwear.
I have a dream that one day I'll live in a nation where I will be judged by the content of my character, not the content of my panties.

I have a dream today!

Wonky Donkey

Post by Wonky Donkey »

Pitchguest wrote:My attempt at inserting some common sense at Avicenna's. All for naught: it's to the turd.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ent-132015

Here's where I address Avicenna's frankly idiotic post about applying blame to the Slymepit (collectively)* for something someone else did (and not guaranteed it's Rich Sanderson - he's just assuming Rich is behind it). Scepticism in action!

*which is hilarious, due to this exchange

Decry blanket statements; make blanket statements of your own. Yay!
That is laced with WTF from start to finish. I can't figure out if Avicenna just can't write coherent sentences or they need to step away from the keyboard and take a break from the insanity they are mired in. Probably both.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote:
bovarchist wrote:Oh don't get me started on Avril Lavigne. Her fanbase has a schism to rival Slymepit/FTB. It's the epic of Bandaids vs Albaexodus.

[ youtube ] uuNTO31FlY8 [ /youtube ]
Hahaha...huh? That was...different.

But what an epitaph, in the middle: "No one could like lick their own balls quite like he could."
FTFY.

Oh yes quite different. Educational even (perhaps)? I do not think I am going to watch it again, but I might. You know in once sense it could be pretty awesome and I just do not see it.

I am sure there must be some deep profound meaning in there which completely escapes me at the moment. Perhaps I should watch it again.

But right now I am going to sample a certain comment thread.

Darren

Post by Darren »

So... we are dealing with a potential false false false rape allegation allegation?

What next?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

AndrewV69 wrote:Hmmm. After the last post by Scented Nectar I remembered these two. Which is more acceptable? Item one or two? Vote now.

Item one: Dood? What? Advertise much? Taking lessons from Miley Cyrus?
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18wa017 ... bigpic.jpg

Item two: More tasteful and subtle?
http://judgybitch.files.wordpress.com/2 ... ammer.jpeg
Am I the only one who thinks the second picture looks photoshopped?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

bovarchist wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks the second picture looks photoshopped?
Nope, both have been 'enhanced'.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Wonky Donkey wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:My attempt at inserting some common sense at Avicenna's. All for naught: it's to the turd.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ent-132015

Here's where I address Avicenna's frankly idiotic post about applying blame to the Slymepit (collectively)* for something someone else did (and not guaranteed it's Rich Sanderson - he's just assuming Rich is behind it). Scepticism in action!

*which is hilarious, due to this exchange

Decry blanket statements; make blanket statements of your own. Yay!
That is laced with WTF from start to finish. I can't figure out if Avicenna just can't write coherent sentences or they need to step away from the keyboard and take a break from the insanity they are mired in. Probably both.
I just finished reading most of the comments. Pitchguest has more patience with the lumpenproletarier than I do for certes. But some pretty funny stuff in there all the same.

My rating is only two and a half stars for entertainment value though (but I am getting jaded).

YMMV.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

Quiz wrote:So I guess TJ knows this person personally.
That would be very strange given that the feminist community thinks TJ is a pedo who celebrates incest and cannibalism, laughs at those who commit suicide, supports bullying and harassment all in a day before chewing off babies faces or something. (I read the Rational Wiki page on him, which makes him out to be the devil incarnate.)

That's interesting that he knows this person and yet, Carrie Poppy knows this person too. She gets around opposing circles I guess. Very strange.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Atheist

ThePrussian

Post by ThePrussian »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote:windy is a kind and caring woman, look what she did for the 'pit:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=359

the great population debate has it's own thread now!

OK, I went over there to concede my racist agenda and to bow down to the Prussian's superior subscriptions to trade journals intellect.
No need to bow. Just a nicely written apology will do fine, including the fact that you probably mean scientific journals.

ThePrussian

Post by ThePrussian »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote:windy is a kind and caring woman, look what she did for the 'pit:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=359

the great population debate has it's own thread now!

OK, I went over there to concede my racist agenda and to bow down to the Prussian's superior subscriptions to trade journals intellect.
No need to bow. Just a nicely written apology will do fine, including the fact that you probably mean scientific journals.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Skep tickle wrote:All right! Greta Christina is promoting the send-A+-to-Skepticon fundraiser!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... -and-more/

Actually, she's promoting the "Ilk" merchandise that Grimalkin designed, which is for sale at zazzle. But she mentions the A+/Skepticon fundraiser at indiegogo. However, that has resulted in zero additional donors to the indiegogo fundraiser, so far. But that's okay, because the Ilk merchandise is also to raise funds!

"Ilk" is "Greta and Jen's Ilk" meaning their horde, their commentariat. (I first saw the term used by & for the group at atheism plus forum, but totally could have missed earlier use of it at FtB since I mostly don't read there.)

There are 2 Ilk images - two "body type" silhouettes, otherwise quite similar, each standing proudly, with a single antler on its head and wearing pink jack boots. Of the larger one, it's been said by one of Greta's commenters that the silhouetted left arm looks like a "1960′s torpedo tit." But that's not all!...
Greta and Jen's "Ilk" thing is a weird hunk of art:

http://i.imgur.com/JKmaaZx.jpg

You know what it looks like?:

http://i.imgur.com/uCzSZcV.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

OK, this Avicenna/Richard Sanderson kerfuffle.

I think it's about time to put it to rest.

Apparently Avicenna got an email that accused him of rape at TAM.
This, on the surface, sounds weird because he is working in India as part of his medical training and there was no mention of him flying over to TAM. In other words it sounds like a completely spurious trolling email and he describes it in similar terms on his blog:
If you are unaware of this, I was accused of raping someone at TAM 2013 during a period of time that I was intensely busy with “work”. I didn’t know about the Michael Shermer incident. I just thought it was hate mail. Mabus was doing the rounds after all…

So a trolling personal email - the obvious thing to do would be to just delete it, wouldn't it?

You might have thought so, but Avicenna seems to have decided that it was all part of some conspiracy of well-poisoning false rape allegations.
Then other allegations started popping up. PZ Myers, Lousy Canuck (AKA Jason Thibeault) and I realised what it was. It was laying the ground work for something big.
Obviously he is unaware that the allegations against Thibeault and Myers were first revealed by Thibeault and Myers themselves.
Turns out Mr. Sanderson is a possible suspect in the fake accusation that I raped/molested someone at TAM 2013. Why? Because when I admitted publically about the accusation, I also pointed out that I had an alibi. Oh if you wish to know why I admitted to it, I felt the need to be honest because I figured that if I didn’t admit to it, someone would drop it on me as a “surprise” and I would rather do it myself. Bear in mind, work colleagues read this blog and me admitting to the accusation was handled better than if someone else did. Bear in mind at the moment I am teaching and training midwives in safe delivery methods and doing deliveries. AKA working in women’s healthcare. This resulted in me having to deal with greater scrutiny of my work and some time for administrative leave but in the end the truth is an absolute defence.

It meant that colleagues would HAVE to mention this incident. I cleared my name with work but it’s just a painful thing to do. I genuinely thought of bowing out of blogging as I felt my career was more important. It didn’t matter that my alibi was insanely solid.

You see, I have spent the past few months in India and the UK. My passport won’t carry UK stamps since it’s a Biometric but it would mean I was somewhere in the EU or India. I don’t hold an American Visa either. I could not have “gone to TAM”. My alibi is from the UK and Indian Governments and the US government can possibly verify me not being in the USA for that event.

Mr. Sanderson was unaware of the alibi until mentioned. Indicating that he either learnt of the accusation from the accuser or is the accuser himself.
Lets try to follow Avicenna's train of thought here but best hold on tight, it may be a rocky ride:

1. Richard Sanderson mentions the false rape accusation being levelled at Avicenna.

2. But Sanderson didn't know Avicenna was not at TAM (why not, couldn't he have guessed by looking at Avicenna's blog for the time period of TAM?) - which would have made the false rape accusation...errr... a false rape accusation?

3. Because Sanderson doesn't mention Avicenna's alibi from the TAM time period we can only conclude (why?) that Sanderson heard of the accusation directly from the accuser OR IS THE ACCUSER HIMSELF!

Here is the twitter conversation where Sanderson mentions the false rape accusation:

https://twitter.com/RichSandersen/statu ... 4372490240

In other words the first mention of the false allegation is a question from Sanderson to ool0n, and links to the first public mention of the allegation.

And who is it who first makes the allegation public (surely this must be the accuser or a person who heard it directly from the accuser?)

http://i.imgur.com/h4ZmdJf.jpg

Yes, it's oolon.

Surprise, surprise.

Lying shitstain oolon claims that there have been accusations here on the slymepit about avicenna prior to his butterflies and wheels comment on the 26th of August, but I don't remember seeing any and I cannot find any by searching.

Does anyone else remember Avicenna being mentioned in connection with such an allegation on the pit?
oolon lies in this manner all the time, presuming that people won't go back and check, so I'm presuming this is another of the same from him but I'm prepared to concede if it turns out that he's telling the truth on this occasion.

If there is no mention of the allegation here, and Avicenna didn't publicly mention the allegation before oolon's remark on the 26th of August, then things are looking decidely awkward for oolon.

How exactly did he know of the allegation?

As for Avicenna, what can I say.
If I haven't missed some important detail then it looks like you owe both Richard Sanderson and the slymepit an apology.

But, then again, perhaps the strain of worrying about something a little closer to home might have been getting to you.
You were quite prepared to use your relationship with Tiga to sell yourself as some kind of perfect caring guy.

Well that particular facade has well and truly tumbled to the ground in the past week.
The picture of you that Tiga paints on her recent blog posts appears to be that of an emotionally abusive fuckwit who was just using her.
Do you seriously think you can wear the mask of pro-woman feminist man, all the while treating your partner like shit?

And that nobody would find out?
Shame on you.

I think Tiga deserves better.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I can't find anything either relating to Avicenna being accused of anything on here.

What blog posts from Tiga are you talking about?

Verklagekasper

Post by Verklagekasper »

AndrewV69 wrote: Not sure what to make of this, but I suspect that someone has gone into the deep end without his water wings.

But who? :think:
Avicenna: "Mr. Sanderson was unaware of the alibi until mentioned. Indicating that he either learnt of the accusation from the accuser or is the accuser himself."
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... sanderson/

Well, who's the accuser from whom Sanderson got the rumor? This is the tweet from Sanderson which started it... And it links to the source where he learnt it:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-617262
oolon
August 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Avicenna is not peripheral in terms of having the Slymepit try and remove his blogging income or spreading false rape allegations about him…
So, since Sanderson got it from oolon, Avicenna accuses oolon to be the accuser. Or something. Well, not really. Apparently, Avicenna tries to win this case through a variant of the Chewbacca defense, ie. by not making sense on any level. But why? Perhaps because Avicenna just learnt that he is regarded a peripheral FTB blogger. Which irks him. And, of course, the best way to be promoted from peripharal to full-blown FTB drama blogger is to make up shit about rape accusations.

Barael

Post by Barael »

What I'm confused about is what does Rich Sanderson have to do with the Pit, unless he goes by some other name here and I've simply missed it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jonathan wrote:I can't find anything either relating to Avicenna being accused of anything on here.

Avicenna has linked to Tiga's blog in the past.
I followed the link presuming I would find something that confirmed his non-US location during TAM 2013 but spotted some recent posts of hers where she complains bitterly of his treatment of her and of threats he made to her.

It's not pleasant reading but perhaps throws a little light on Avicenna's current state of mind and why he might not have given the idea of the Sanderson/slymepit accusation his full attention before he jumped in.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I can't find anything either relating to Avicenna being accused of anything on here.

I followed the link presuming I would find something that confirmed his non-US location during TAM 2013 but spotted some recent posts of hers where she complains bitterly of his treatment of her and of threats he made to her.

It's not pleasant reading but perhaps throws a little light on Avicenna's current state of mind and why he might not have given the idea of the Sanderson/slymepit accusation his full attention before he jumped in.
This looks like it may be it. This blog was linked to her from here. I do not know what his side of the story is though. A couple of entries:

http://tigasukutales.com/2013/08/21/unfairness/
Unfairness
Posted on August 21, 2013

I’m apparently a shit girlfriend because I don’t want my boyfriend confiding in his ex girlfriend.

I’m a shit girlfriend because I don’t let him have what he wants.

I’m a shit girlfriend because he gave up his family for me even though I didn’t ask him to.

I’m the shit partner because…I’m the one who committed the ultimate betrayal.

Men are such horrendous creatures sometimes. They can hurt, twist, manipulate everything. Even though you give your heart to them. Then they stomp on it like the bastard they are and expect you to be ok with everything.

I am empty on the inside. I have nothing left to give. It is all gone now. All I have to hold onto to know that I still have feelings is hurt.

Hurt from the ultimate betrayal.
http://tigasukutales.com/2013/08/22/letters-to-you/
Letters to you
Posted on August 22, 2013

You said that I was a horrible girlfriend. That I didn’t understand your condition which entails you keeping in touch with your ex girlfriend.

You said that if I had a problem with you keeping in touch with your ex, it meant that I didn’t understand.

Did you understand what I went through with my ex and how unwilling I was to get into a relationship with someone who still wanted to be in intimate contact with his ex?

You obviously didn’t.

Understanding one another is so crucial in a relationship. Understanding, sacrifice, coming to a middle ground…I never asked you to stop talking to your ex. All I asked was for you to not confide in her like you would with your own girlfriend.

How do you think I feel when I know that when it really matters, the first person you go off running to is her?

I hope all your readers see this. Because when my family and friends saw your messages and replies, they were shocked. Many of them asked me to leave you because they couldn’t believe what you had done. How horrible you were to me. You say I don’t make sacrifices like you did with your family. I never asked you to leave your family for me. That was YOUR choice. You CHOSE me over them.

If you regret that, that is your fault and your fault alone, not mine.

You chose instead to guilt trip me with all your sacrifices. Getting expensive internet, picking me over family. Staying up late to talk to me. All of it is my fault. It’s always my fault. Because apparently, you only use the internet for me, you only stay up late for me and apparently I made YOU pick me over your family. Heck you even threatened to show my messages to my friends, you coward. Well guess what, I did it myself. And you did NOT come out as a saint in your messages, oh no you didn’t. Go on then, show me what else you can threaten me with.

I can’t make you do anything. That is your choice and your choice alone. You live with the repercussions of it. You’re a big boy now so man up and grow some balls. You complain about expensive internet for me? If you want a long distance relationship with someone so badly, you NEED to damn well make the sacrifices for it. How can you miraculously expect a relationship from a girl if you can’t afford internet?

I have always hated guys who pretended to be ok at the beginning then because they think they’ve got the girl. And then they expected the girl to understand, they expect the girl to be ok with a phantom relationship. How can responsible men expect to be with someone if they haven’t got the basic elements down like a phone, a working constant communication line? If you’re there in person, that’s fine but you’re not. So you NEED these things to be functioning. That isn’t sacrifice, that is necessity. Like water to your relationship.

I NEVER talk about my sacrifices for you and I think it’s vile to do it. I have still never brought them up even though you constantly throw them at my face. You are by far the boyfriend who has hurt me the most, broken my self-esteem on numerous counts by telling me all the horrible things your family has said about me, and even after I tell you how badly hurt I was from my last relationship, you go and do the exact same thing to me. You run off to your lovely ex for comfort. And guess what, she’s so nice, she had the brains and is a whole lot more stable than you to tell you that you need to talk to me instead! What would her fiance have thought?! It’s so inappropriate.

I am blogging here today about everything because I can no longer talk to you. I can no longer have open discussions with you without you turning into a rage and getting so angry with me. You get angry and you yell, you hurt, you throw all your sacrifices at me as if I am making your life so miserable when we both know that we wouldn’t be even having this conversation if you didn’t care or you didn’t want me in your life.

After all, I can’t be so horrible if you still want me despite me being ‘a shit girlfriend’. Why not go find an awesome one? Go on. I dare you to find someone else who would put up with your rage, this stupid emotional abuse you throw in my face every single time.

I have no issues about you being unwell. Everyone knows that. People who know me know I am the most understanding person on the planet when it comes to health. But you took all your mistakes and twisted it into it being my fault. They read your messages, they saw it was you who was wrong. You kept using me not understanding your illness as an excuse to cover up for you running off to your ex and for the first mistake you made which was not telling me why you were off. You hid things from me and that was your fault, not mine.

Take responsibility for your actions. I can only ever respect you if you ever man up to that and throw your stupid indian man ego into the bin.

PS – do you know ANY girlfriend who would put aside her own hurt, fear and phobias, to contact your ex to further understand your health issues so she can not assume the worst of you? So that she can help you get better and make life easier for you? Find that fucking girl and let me know. I can assure you no woman would do anything like that for you. And you damn well know it.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

Just found her blog. Very personal stuff, and given that it's only one side of the relationship I'm wary about drawing any conclusions about either of them based on it. Could all be true, but there's no way to know. I'm deferring judgement.

Still can't find anything here where anyone has claimed that Avicenna has been accused of rape. Looks like Oolon lied or "made a mistake". What a shock.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

AndrewV69 wrote: <snip>
Looks like our posts crossed. Cheers for taking the time to find and paste that though!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Does anyone else remember Avicenna being mentioned in connection with such an allegation on the pit?
No, no such allegations against Avicenna have been made here. A cursory search confirms that (not to mention the fact that we don't pull that kind of crap here anyway). On the other hand, HE has made some pretty serious allegations against the Pit:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... a-ftbully/
And some of the people you interact with are insanely dangerous. MRA’s from the Slymepit who were regulars at AVfM showed up. Many of our bloggers here have been harassed by people such as Wooly Bumblebee who are writers at AVfM. The same AVfM that supported the idea that the women in India who are raped have it easier than the men. And I noticed absolutely no backlash from the Slymepit.

What would you have me think? That you are all silently disapproving? Well they are vocal enough about shoes or whether or not I should have things they consider important yet they are actually silent about their own members supporting rape apologists in FREAKING INDIA.
*sigh*

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Okay, I'm relatively new to these FTB posters or whatever, but it seems like every time Oolon posts anything, it's a deliberately dishonest attempt to wind up the FTB audience. More of this "identify the enemy" bullshit that you see in ideological movements/cults.

I've been checking Sanderson's twitter and haven't found anything that would indicate an "original post" from him accusing anyone of rape, just the link posted here that shows Oolon saying that.

So did Oolon fabricate the entire story, and then Sanderson was dumb enough to repeat it on Twitter, making him fair game?

I generally try to ignore commenting on anything Oolon says or does because it seems like he gets off on attention and has no problem lying when the results put more people on his side.
Massive threatto the Slymepit as an A+ person who is a wonderful activist with a lot of good results
I did laugh at this though. Oh no, a person who believes something I disagree with is out there doing good things! Somebody stop him!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Verklagekasper wrote: So, since Sanderson got it from oolon, Avicenna accuses oolon to be the accuser. Or something. Well, not really. Apparently, Avicenna tries to win this case through a variant of the Chewbacca defense, ie. by not making sense on any level. But why? Perhaps because Avicenna just learnt that he is regarded a peripheral FTB blogger. Which irks him. And, of course, the best way to be promoted from peripharal to full-blown FTB drama blogger is to make up shit about rape accusations.
We all know by now that Oolon is nicknamed "fog" by those who know him on account of his being thick and wet, so can we be surprised he would say something like this? I think not.

I am curious though, about how is it that Oolon knows about the false rape accusation in the first place?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jonathan wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

Just found her blog. Very personal stuff, and given that it's only one side of the relationship I'm wary about drawing any conclusions about either of them based on it. Could all be true, but there's no way to know. I'm deferring judgement.

Still can't find anything here where anyone has claimed that Avicenna has been accused of rape. Looks like Oolon lied or "made a mistake". What a shock.

Yes, it reads like they are in that sad 'end-of-the-relationship' stage where accusations and recriminations are flying from both sides - and we only get to read one. Her description of his recent behavior is rather horrid but I guess it's possible that strong emotions are involved.
It is curious that he is so private about his own name and location and yet found it easy to reveal her details on his site on multiple occasions.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

James Caruthers wrote:Okay, I'm relatively new to these FTB posters or whatever, but it seems like every time Oolon posts anything, it's a deliberately dishonest attempt to wind up the FTB audience. More of this "identify the enemy" bullshit that you see in ideological movements/cults.

I've been checking Sanderson's twitter and haven't found anything that would indicate an "original post" from him accusing anyone of rape, just the link posted here that shows Oolon saying that.

So did Oolon fabricate the entire story, and then Sanderson was dumb enough to repeat it on Twitter, making him fair game?

I generally try to ignore commenting on anything Oolon says or does because it seems like he gets off on attention and has no problem lying when the results put more people on his side.
Massive threatto the Slymepit as an A+ person who is a wonderful activist with a lot of good results
I did laugh at this though. Oh no, a person who believes something I disagree with is out there doing good things! Somebody stop him!
LOL. It ain't just Oolon. They ALL strain themselves to the limit trying to portray the Slymepit as some kind of simplistic mustache-twirling Snidely Whiplash caricature. It's hilarious.

Fact is, when one of them does some ACTUAL activism, I always see positive acknowledgment of that here. Oolon is conflating real activism with his masters' posturing at conferences. Shameless sycophantic idiot.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Dick Strawkins wrote:It is curious that he is so private about his own name and location and yet found it easy to reveal her details on his site on multiple occasions.
Perhaps she didn't mind. I would assume if she did have a problem with it then he wouldn't have.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jonathan wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:It is curious that he is so private about his own name and location and yet found it easy to reveal her details on his site on multiple occasions.
Perhaps she didn't mind. I would assume if she did have a problem with it then he wouldn't have.
I'm sure he had permission, it's just that the idea of pseudonymity is going to be hard to maintain if his partner is revealed and, as has happened, SHE reveals personal details about him.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

So TJ claims he knows who Shermer's accuser is. How the fuck?! Really, how the fuck?! I don't get how TJ became privy to this information, i am not saying his claim is bs, what i am saying is, how the fuck?!

As far as i'm aware he isn't big buddies with Shermer, nor is he big buddies with carrie the looney tune, or any of the crazy set, so how the fuck does he come by this info?! Interesting, interesting, interesting, the soup thickens.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

James Caruthers wrote:
Oh ya! It makes sense. After all the only reason I do volunteer work for the NDP including fund raising is just because I want to piss Setar off. Cause as we all know all Slymepitters are dangerous Libetards in cahoots with the Republithugs or something.

Seriously funny stuff.

In other news:
One of my brothers is in town with his wife for a couple of days and they made the trek out in the wilderness to see me. So I fed these meat eating steak and potato ex-Calgarians a vegetarian meal. Because that is how I roll.

Surprise!

They liked my fava beans and chick peas in korma sauce with basmati rice and green beans so much they had a second helping.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Zenspace wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Ok, now I've got a picture in my head of you in a kilt standing over a windy grate in the street, Marilyn Monroe style! :D
:lol:

I actually had one of those moments this past Saturday at the local Highland Games. A bit of a windy day caught me kilt in a gust! :lol:
Wind and kilts. I think they go together well. :D

Verklagekasper

Post by Verklagekasper »

Let's try to trace back the alleged rape accusations against Avicenna.
Avicenna claims: "Because when I admitted publically about the accusation, I also pointed out that I had an alibi."

Where did he do that? I suppose he means this:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... waking-up/

Which is really odd because, apparently, in that post he gives “Avicenna Groped me at CONvergence!” and “Avicenna touched me up at TAM” as hypothetical examples. At least that's what I read from that somewhat confused blog post.

So, where in this whole narrative did anyone actually accuse Avicenna of anything?
Could it be that Avicenna started it himself by formulating hypothetical accusations against him? Which then went through oolon's libel filter, resulting in allegations against the slymepit? And then, somehow, Avicenna forgot the accusations were his own invention? And claims now he was actually accused? Sounds bizarre, but that's what I parse from this story.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Za-zen wrote:So TJ claims he knows who Shermer's accuser is. How the fuck?! Really, how the fuck?! I don't get how TJ became privy to this information, i am not saying his claim is bs, what i am saying is, how the fuck?!

As far as i'm aware he isn't big buddies with Shermer, nor is he big buddies with carrie the looney tune, or any of the crazy set, so how the fuck does he come by this info?! Interesting, interesting, interesting, the soup thickens.
It's possible that in some circles it's close to common knowledge. We here at the pit have a certain presumption that we'll be privy to anything that's going around, but that might be far from the truth. Remember, TJ has an astoundingly huge viewership, eclipsing Thunderf00t by his own admission.

James Caruthers

Verklagekasper wrote:Let's try to trace back the alleged rape accusations against Avicenna.
Avicenna claims: "Because when I admitted publically about the accusation, I also pointed out that I had an alibi."

Where did he do that? I suppose he means this:

Which is really odd because, apparently, in that post he gives “Avicenna Groped me at CONvergence!” and “Avicenna touched me up at TAM” as hypothetical examples. At least that's what I read from that somewhat confused blog post.

So, where in this whole narrative did anyone actually accuse Avicenna of anything?
Could it be that Avicenna started it himself by formulating hypothetical accusations against him? Which then went through oolon's libel filter, resulting in allegations against the slymepit? And then, somehow, Avicenna forgot the accusations were his own invention? And claims now he was actually accused? Sounds bizarre, but that's what I parse from this story.
Don't post it here, post it on FTB with all the relevant links. Show them the process for tracing back this story to the original account, and the various people it went through (Oolon and then Sanderson) before winding up as a FTB article about "false rape threats from the slymepit mras." Don't forget Sanderson's twitter, where he posted that he reads both FTB and the Slymepit (as in, he's not a dedicated pitter.)

This is very clearly a hypothetical example used for illustrative purposes.

I suppose the best one can do is lead the FTBloggers to the probable sequence of events. We can't force them not to jump to conclusions and believe what are very probably outright lies.

James Caruthers

Actually fuck it, I'm going to do it. I'll let you know if I get modded and prevented from even posting it.