Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
justinvacula

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by justinvacula »

katamari Damassi wrote:
deLurch wrote:
JackRayner wrote:So...yeah. False alarm. It's just Cards Against Humanity again. Their quoting of this game seems to catch a lot of you off guard. :think:
Yup. Cards Against Humanity. The excuse to say whatever is on their minds, and pretend it is OK.
Good FSM! Could you even imagine playing CAH with the SJW's? I imagine call outs, triggers, and rage tears within 5 minutes.
If I recall correctly, Cards Against Humanity was both played and tweeted about at both Women in Secularism 2 and Skeptech. Skeptech, too, had that strange policy barring sexual imagery while featuring a BDSM club on its website as places to attend.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

With Cards Against Humanity being the topic du jour... I present another source of terribly offensive humor.

Chopping Block

Can anyone grok the September 13th pictogram? My wife and I can't get it, but then again we thought poplar was a softwood.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:Soft hardwood is harder than hard softwood.

Discuss.
Crop rotation in the 14th century was considerably more widespread after John...
To sow once in the winter ploughing, and again in Lent
(Sowing with as many oxen, sowing with as many oxen)
As he shall have yoked in the plough!
Oh, yeah.
[youtube]12W34XWIQwU[/youtube]

VAXherd

Post by VAXherd »

Service Dog wrote:
VAXherd wrote: saying "I have a boyfriend" did not work....
In classic Skepchick kafkatrap fashion, the article wants it both ways.
If the guy doesn't accept "I have a boyfriend" as equal to "no", then he's sexist.
If the guy does accept "I have a boyfriend" as equal "no", then he's sexist:
Well, straight guys are extremely sexist. We almost never hit on dudes.

Service Dog wrote:[ youtube]VvYIpa1Ulvw[/youtube]
That's EXACTLY the way MrsVh describes it!

Dick Strawkins wrote:It's like the old,"do you think I'm too ugly to rape?", question.

There's no correct answer.

Yes, you're too ugly to rape = misogynist !

No, you're not too ugly to rape = rapist!
I hate when that happens.

Don't show the Skepchicks this one (slightly NSFW language):

[youtube]kbuvjFcqOyM[/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

justinvacula wrote:If I recall correctly, Cards Against Humanity was both played and tweeted about at both Women in Secularism 2 and Skeptech. Skeptech, too, had that strange policy barring sexual imagery while featuring a BDSM club on its website as places to attend.
Yup. You recall correctly.

http://storify.com/Xochipilli2012/cards ... -on-wiscfi

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

katamari Damassi wrote:
deLurch wrote:
JackRayner wrote:So...yeah. False alarm. It's just Cards Against Humanity again. Their quoting of this game seems to catch a lot of you off guard. :think:
Yup. Cards Against Humanity. The excuse to say whatever is on their minds, and pretend it is OK.
Good FSM! Could you even imagine playing CAH with the SJW's? I imagine call outs, triggers, and rage tears within 5 minutes.
Fuck. That. Shit.
I'd rather play Connect 4 with only 3 counters each.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

justinvacula wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/XfJSKaP.jpg
I'd like to buy Oolon a can of degreaser. A broadcast is worldwide and forever, no matter where it comes from. And a shower only takes 5 minutes. Apparently, wonderboy isn't familiar enough with soap to know that.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Discuss.
Balsa is a hardwood...

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Can someone combine those "I need feminism because" pictures with Cards Against Humanity? It could lead to some interesting combinations.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

jimthepleb wrote:

Discuss.
Balsa is a hardwood...
Lies. Balsa is really soft.

Post by Guest »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Can someone combine those "I need feminism because" pictures with Cards Against Humanity? It could lead to some interesting combinations.
Good idea. I'll also take the opportunity to thank and congratulate those who created the animal shaming/I need feminism because images. Hilarious and more accurate than you might think. (SOmeone should put them on a Tumblr for the lulz.)

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Service Dog wrote:
VAXherd wrote: saying "I have a boyfriend" did not work....
In classic Skepchick kafkatrap fashion, the article wants it both ways.
If the guy doesn't accept "I have a boyfriend" as equal to "no", then he's sexist.
If the guy does accept "I have a boyfriend" as equal "no", then he's sexist:
The alternative? Lying in a way that those types of men understand. Men with such sexist views will be more likely to leave a woman alone, or at least not harm her, if she tells him that she’s “taken” by another man.
[youtube]VvYIpa1Ulvw[/youtube]

Only knowing a few 'sexist men' (as they seem to define it for this purpose) in my life, I'd say the opposite is true. A 'sexist man' (in my limited experience of knowing them) wants to STEAL the woman away, fuck her and (hopefully) wreck the beta-male's relationship or at least make him a cuckhold. It's not just about fucking, it's about fucking and winning.

OTOH, nice guys can be instantly shut-down by "I have a boyfriend" as they tend to respect the relationship the woman is in and do not wish to interfere.

But, hey, if you completely hate men, what does it matter... Write whatever you want, however you want because men must be punished and attacked for being men. Even if the vast majority of them don't do the things you say they do.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

justinvacula wrote:

Drescher needs to remember that when the fembots say that she is being aggressive towards women, what they really mean is that she is being mean to them. Because they represent all women, naturally. Right? Right....?

Or, they're just twisting everything Drescher says so they can attack Drescher with it. You know, the usual.

Those morons are more transparent than a sheet of freshly cleaned glass.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

VAXherd wrote:[If you get Mrs. VAXherd riled about The Injustices She Experiences As A Woman, one of her big gotos is that back when she had to wait at bus stops at night, saying "I have a boyfriend" did not work.
I'd say it wouldn't. I mean we all know that some folks don't give a monkeys about whether or not there is a significant other or spouse, it's not a relevant factor.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

tony parsehole do you have a brother?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/ ... 34x455.jpg

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

jimthepleb wrote:tony parsehole do you have a brother?

Ball-sack themed mascots for next Olympics are looking good.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

All this talk about wood is making me simultaneously soft and hard.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Oh and songs about the Linden....
[youtube]29Mg6Gfh9Co[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
So now the IT guy is going to instruct a construction worker on the nature of wood? As someone who has broken things as a career, not merely as a demo, I'm saying it is that easy. What you're seeing in that video is a carnie trick. Nothing more. End of. Period. Within four weeks, I'm ass deep in canning and winterizing right now, I will produce a video replicating that trick.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OD-YODMj0jc/U ... y+kong.gif
If he does it with zero practice and prep, and videos the first try only, no two out of three shit, and it is as perfectly smooth as the russian dude, that will be mildly impressive?

I'm unsure what he thinks i'm saying. It MAY be a carnie trick, it MAY not be. We have no proof either way, just a lot of kremlinology on the video. (funny how skeptics are so sure of something sans real proof when it suits them. Sweet, sweet confirmation bias.)

However, even if it is a carnie trick, my point's been, they're still not dead easy to do sans practice. I say this has someone who has done the MA versions of the carnie trick. Really, breaking bricks, boards and bottles is not some mystical thing. it's a matter of knowledge, some skill, and practice.

Ever notice the spacers between the bricks? Yeah. Carnie trick. Show someone driving their elbow through 15 bricks sans spacers and THAT would be amazing.

But by all means, I hope he makes the video. It'll be fun to watch.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

So, over at WEIT, Professor Ceiling cat has a post up about a New York Times interview with Richard Dawkins, where he discusses some of his favorite books and ones that he would recommend to people.

From the comments:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 06824a.jpg

:whistle:

welch

Post by welch »

Tribble wrote:
welch wrote:
There's a lot of variance here. Given the entire vid, I doubt he's holding a plate.

The wood could be soft, and I don't think that takes anything away from anything. The fact that martial arts demos involve dry-ass pine boards, not green oak don't take anything away from them. As someone who's broken such things, along with bottles with my hands, even a demo that looks "easy", isn't. If he gets the nail tilted, it won't work real well, and even "soft" wood isn't that soft.

The real trick here is the velocity. It's like cutting a small branch with a ruler. If it's moving fast enough, it's definitely doable.

I think arguing about the wood type misses the point. Even doing it through half-inch balsa isn't as easy as he makes it look.
OMG, true that. The last karate tournament I fought in there was a guy (some semi-obscure Japanese style) who gave a demonstration on some 'dynamic tension' thing where his students would break boards (2x4's) across his ribs.

So it ended badly. He didn't get nice, kiln-dried white-wood but picked up some studs that were still half-green and, therefore, very springy. They broke his ribs. And not on the first hit. They hit him five or six times before they gave up as being unable to break the boards.
Oh fuck me, OW. What a stupid tit though. Jesus, you don't just buy random 2x4s like that. Well, I mean, if you want to go to the hospital, sure.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Kareem wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:After a week of dealing with my son's acute asthma attack and hospitals, I have given up all hope of catching up here :D I hope everyone is doing well and will assume the same idiocy from before is still occurring.
Hope he's alright.
He's ok now. He was pumped full of steroids and other stuff. A cold triggered this - first time.

welch

Post by welch »

Discuss.
You said "hard"

ehehehehehehehehehe

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Ape+lust wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:After a week of dealing with my son's acute asthma attack and hospitals, I have given up all hope of catching up here :D I hope everyone is doing well and will assume the same idiocy from before is still occurring.
I once inhaled the fumes from an igniting matchhead because I was told it'd give me temporary asthma. Y'know, for getting out of class. I thought I'd bought it. For a minute that lasted an hour I couldn't draw more than a thimbleful of air and was seeing stars and rockets. It was one of the worst terrors ever and happily for me, an experience I'll never have again.

I hope your kid's doing alright.
He's ok now :) I had 3 severe asthma attacks over the past year so I know how he feels. It's a horrible and terrifying feeling when you can't breathe properly.

welch

Post by welch »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Early Cuyler wrote:
Zenspace wrote: The board is probably a low density softwood, like poplar or similar.
FFS, Poplar is a HARDWOOD, not a softwood.

Jesusfuckingchrist why are so many slymepitters so scientifically illiterate??

You made another dumbfuck mistake that could've been avoided by looking at wikipedia.

Poplar wood comes from the American tulip tree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liriodendron_tulipifera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populus
Balsa is a hardwood too, what's your point?

You remind me of that pedantic person I heard the other day, in response to someone saying they had a daddy long legs in their bathroom, and they hated spiders, informing them that daddy long legs aren't spiders. Oh wait, that was me.
I'm glad I know that though. For whatever reason, know that means they don't freak me the fuck out.

Phobias are weird as shit sometimes.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Hope he's alright.
He's ok now. He was pumped full of steroids and other stuff. A cold triggered this - first time.
Hope he's happier. From personal experience, few things are as scary as being entirely unable to take a breath.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Gumby wrote:
justinvacula wrote:

Drescher needs to remember that when the fembots say that she is being aggressive towards women, what they really mean is that she is being mean to them. Because they represent all women, naturally. Right? Right....?

Or, they're just twisting everything Drescher says so they can attack Drescher with it. You know, the usual.

Those morons are more transparent than a sheet of freshly cleaned glass.

Drescher, after being an 'ally' got on Myers' shit-list earlier this year. She responds, albeit indirectly, here: http://tinyurl.com/18r
Several people have asked me if I plan to respond to PZ Myers, considering the “beating” he gave me and others in a post last week.

No, I don’t. I may if I see a good reason, but the truth is that responding to him is a bit like debating a creationist. Sometimes one should, but this is not one of those times. In this case, PZ has so grossly misrepresented my writings and statements that it is very clear that no productive discussion can occur with him on the matter. This is not the first time he has done so and not the first time that I have essentially ignored it. The post is almost entirely built on mischaracterizations, straw men, and falsehoods. If anyone else wants to discuss it, I will be happy to do so after you have read what I actually wrote, context and all.
I wish she would write more. One post of hers a month would do more for the atheist/skeptic community that pretty much all of the 'positives' (even without weighing in the negatives) that come out of FTB and Skepchicks.

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:From Shakesville last month:
I fear being denied medical care, being misdiagnosed, being refused by emergency crews, being told I must lose weight as a condition of care, because I am fat. I fear dying because of fat hatred.

This fear is part of the backdrop of my womanhood.
We had several anesthesiologists presenting information on the anatomy of the airway and demonstrating intubation for the students in lab earlier this month. It was mentioned by the senior physician amongst them that it's not uncommon to have a patient with a BMI of 70-80 (!) these days, and that alternative instruments have to be used for intubation in morbidly obese individuals. She was not showing fat hatred or advocating denial of care to fat people: it's a simple fact of anatomy - with that much fat over the shoulders, the neck can't be extended, and standard instruments can't be used to visualize the structures. There's more fat everywhere in the neck and face that restricts movement and obscures anatomy. The fact that instruments and procedures have been modified or developed to deal with obese patients in particular runs counter to the Shakesville "fear" of being denied medical care because of TEH FATNESS.
I fear dying because of fat hatred being morbidly obese is associated with serious health risks and premature death.
FTFY, Melissa.
Yeah, I worry about the consequences of being overweight too. I handle this by attempting to actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Clearly, PATRIARCHY.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

HAHA ninja'd by Renee when addressing Renee. For my next trick i shall be dividing by 0.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

jimthepleb wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Kareem wrote: Hope he's alright.
Hope he's happier. From personal experience, few things are as scary as being entirely unable to take a breath.
Much happier. Though, his peak flow meter is still showing "red" levels. But this was expected due to him still having a lot of phlegm in his lungs (from a cold). I didn't know until this past year how terrifying not being able to breathe properly can be. He's a stronger person than I for what he goes through.

welch

Post by welch »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
welch wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Aww cupcake, you're still pretty too! Keep telling yourself how superior you are to us mere mortals and maybe someday, if you wish really hard, it'll be true.
While you're busy being a condecsending little prick, and read this part carefully: I'll be busy proving you wrong. Enjoy being in my stable of bitches along with cunt and Rystefn.

Oh look at you. Someone didn't bow to your superiority about all things carnie-trick related and now you're going to cry. Come, squirt a few for us all.
Keep talking big Mark, it makes your humiliation that much more satisfying.
What humiliation? You replicate a carnie trick (something I've agreed may in fact be a carnie trick) and...

you're penn & teller? I cry? Exactly what are you going to prove? What major point I made are you going to refute?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jimthepleb wrote:Oh and songs about the Linden....
Prefer the SAHB version.

welch

Post by welch »

Ape+lust wrote:
I once inhaled the fumes from an igniting matchhead because I was told it'd give me temporary asthma. Y'know, for getting out of class. I thought I'd bought it. For a minute that lasted an hour I couldn't draw more than a thimbleful of air and was seeing stars and rockets. It was one of the worst terrors ever and happily for me, an experience I'll never have again.

I hope your kid's doing alright.
Indeed. Asthma is a pretty cruel fucking trick one's body plays on you.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jimthepleb wrote:tony parsehole do you have a brother?

What are the chances that I have the same ballbag mannequin, but a different image, in my "lolz" folder?
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/upload ... 791189.jpg
Pretty fucking good actually!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[foutube]29Mg6Gfh9Co[/foutube]
[youtube]3q6kgR9qAa0[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Before catching up: thanks Lsuoma for removing that fucking permaban. 1 day to catch up to...

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

bhoytony wrote:
Prefer the SAHB version.
anything is better than the skrewdriver version...
will look up the sahb version
looked up...liked

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I love that tune. I know the subject matter is a bit, well, Nazi fuckheadish but what a rousing song!

Post by Guest »

welch wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:From Shakesville last month:
I fear being denied medical care, being misdiagnosed, being refused by emergency crews, being told I must lose weight as a condition of care, because I am fat. I fear dying because of fat hatred.

This fear is part of the backdrop of my womanhood.
We had several anesthesiologists presenting information on the anatomy of the airway and demonstrating intubation for the students in lab earlier this month. It was mentioned by the senior physician amongst them that it's not uncommon to have a patient with a BMI of 70-80 (!) these days, and that alternative instruments have to be used for intubation in morbidly obese individuals. She was not showing fat hatred or advocating denial of care to fat people: it's a simple fact of anatomy - with that much fat over the shoulders, the neck can't be extended, and standard instruments can't be used to visualize the structures. There's more fat everywhere in the neck and face that restricts movement and obscures anatomy. The fact that instruments and procedures have been modified or developed to deal with obese patients in particular runs counter to the Shakesville "fear" of being denied medical care because of TEH FATNESS.
I fear dying because of fat hatred being morbidly obese is associated with serious health risks and premature death.
FTFY, Melissa.
Yeah, I worry about the consequences of being overweight too. I handle this by attempting to actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Clearly, PATRIARCHY.
I am disgusted with the fat shaming in these posts. How dare you tell overweight people to eat less and exercise more? Would you be a rape apologist by telling women that they might want to keep an eye on their own drink? Would you be a misogynist by suggesting vendors should pay attention to a conference's policies?

FOR SHAME!!1!!

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

welch wrote:

Discuss.
You said "hard"

ehehehehehehehehehe
and "wood" ehehehehe

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

This has set me off on a SAHB binge. Happy days.

[youtube]zqx5j-FuqeI[/youtube]

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

welch wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
welch wrote:

Oh look at you. Someone didn't bow to your superiority about all things carnie-trick related and now you're going to cry. Come, squirt a few for us all.
Keep talking big Mark, it makes your humiliation that much more satisfying.
What humiliation? You replicate a carnie trick (something I've agreed may in fact be a carnie trick) and...

you're penn & teller? I cry? Exactly what are you going to prove? What major point I made are you going to refute?
What do I aim to prove? That Welch, kung fu master and expert in all things, has no idea how this trick actually works. Yes, there is skill involved but for all your bloviating on the subject, it's clear you have no idea what that skill is.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

David Silverman takes the stage in 5 minutes. I will be live-tweeting his talk "Ready, aim, firebrand: The quantifiable benefits of firebrand atheism." Some may be particularly in this one.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

particularly interested* my fail

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Well unless Silverman whips his cock out and bangs a nail into the lectern with his bell-end I doubt there will be much interest from here.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tapir wrote:Well unless Silverman whips his cock out and bangs a nail into the lectern with his bell-end I doubt there will be much interest from here.
Exactly. Silverman is just another baboon now...

*yawn*

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Fuck all of you!
Give me the timber and an hour and I'll roof all your houses; driving the screws in with my bare hands and firing the nails out of my cock like a Paslode.

Post by Guest »

Gumby wrote:
Tapir wrote:Well unless Silverman whips his cock out and bangs a nail into the lectern with his bell-end I doubt there will be much interest from here.
Exactly. Silverman is just another baboon now...

*yawn*
Silverman to Vacula: Stop involving yourself in 'the shit.'

Silverman to the people who labeled him a sexual predator, accused Shermer of serial rape and branded Krauss, Bill Nye and Dawkins sexual deviants: Try to work with those who disagree with you. Okay? Are you mad at me? I'm sorry...I'm sorry.

All of the ideas he's putting out in his speech (thanks, Vacula) are simply a sideshow until we get the movement back from the insane lunatics. We need to stop pretending that the FTBullies are interested in compromise. Compromise, in fact, is what gets someone booted from FTB/A+/Scamchicks.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Fuck. That. Shit.
I'd rather play Connect 4 with only 3 counters each.
Hahaha...

Offtopic: I just came across a weird tidbit. Connect 4 is a solved game.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Cunning punt wrote:

It's interesting to note that hardwoods evolved independently of softwoods. Softwoods date back to the Carboniferous period while hardwoods developed from flowering plants relatively recently - around the Jurassic period. Yet they both evolved wooden stems - trunks. If you examine the structure of their trunks they are actually quite a bit different, even though their properties for building etc are quite similar.

Great series. I learned a lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bywvr
In this series Professor Iain Stewart tells a stunning new story about our planet. He reveals how the greatest changes to the Earth have been driven, above all, by plants.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Service Dog wrote:The same feminists who discourage women from reporting rape to the police
have gathered at Skepchick to agree with one another that women cannot simply
tell a man "I'm not interested" to deflect unwanted romantic interest, but instead,
it's absolutely necessary for women to hide behind the protection of a man
and say "I have a boyfriend". Without invoking a man to protect her, the damsel's
consent doesn't matter, and she will definitely be too powerless to stand up for herself.
http://skepchick.org/2013/09/boyfriend/

http://i.imgur.com/JORjJiE.jpg
I'm pretty sure that girl is related to our old friend on the left:
4nzqszengqtqs34pjzcczoa8p9r.jpg
(36.04 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

TheMudbrooker wrote: What do I aim to prove? That Welch, kung fu master and expert in all things, has no idea how this trick actually works. Yes, there is skill involved but for all your bloviating on the subject, it's clear you have no idea what that skill is.
"Grandad? What was the Slymepit like in those days?"

Ach! Twas an intense experience. We were young, dashing, bold, fearless and sometimes we had the most intense and stimulating debates about bread, water, pocket knives, wood and nails.

I remember the great debate on what was the best hammer to use ... there was the ballsack group and the penis group and that dispute is still simmering in the background to this day!

This was before things got really serious you unnerstand? Hein? This was at the time der Surlyfuhrer was still a minion to Twatson and they were still trying to rehabilitate Laden as a rhetorical assassin, so he was studying how to produce a deliberate tour de farce under Carrier who had yet to break with PeeZuss Christ over the dispute with Two Cows Brayton on his brane dumps.

Those were the days young pup. Those were the days.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

screwtape wrote:
Service Dog wrote:The same feminists who discourage women from reporting rape to the police
have gathered at Skepchick to agree with one another that women cannot simply
tell a man "I'm not interested" to deflect unwanted romantic interest, but instead,
it's absolutely necessary for women to hide behind the protection of a man
and say "I have a boyfriend". Without invoking a man to protect her, the damsel's
consent doesn't matter, and she will definitely be too powerless to stand up for herself.
http://skepchick.org/2013/09/boyfriend/

http://i.imgur.com/JORjJiE.jpg
I'm pretty sure that girl is related to our old friend on the left:
4nzqszengqtqs34pjzcczoa8p9r.jpg
FISHY FISHY FISHY FISH!!

welch

Post by welch »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
welch wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: Keep talking big Mark, it makes your humiliation that much more satisfying.

What do I aim to prove? That Welch, kung fu master and expert in all things, has no idea how this trick actually works. Yes, there is skill involved but for all your bloviating on the subject, it's clear you have no idea what that skill is.

Nor have I claimed I have that knowledge. I think, based on the video, that the speed/velocity the nail hits the board with is very important, but angle and direction would also seem to have an effect on things. Given that I've not tried this specific trick, I freely admit that I do not in fact have all the details of how this trick works. I can make some reasonable guesses on it, but that's all they would be.

However, given that you yourself don't appear to know the exact setup and method the dude in the video uses, you cannot reliably replicate his trick either. You can create the same end effect, but you have no way to prove you did it exactly the same way, based on just that video. So even if you get the same end result, you can't prove what you want us to think you'll prove.

In any event beavis, you just made the point i've been making, which is that even a simply carnie trick requires some skill and practice to pull off successfully.

Thanks for playing, dumbass.

welch

Post by welch »

jimthepleb wrote:Fuck all of you!
Give me the timber and an hour and I'll roof all your houses; driving the screws in with my bare hands and firing the nails out of my cock like a Paslode.
You've a future in both movies and construction son. We should talk.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Quick response to Dave's talk:

He's all about harsh criticism of religion and says it's others' problem if they are offended, but if you're critical of feminism/feminist ideas everything changes for whatever reason.

He says, "Avoid attacking intra-movement whenever possible," but enables people who frequently do that by inviting them to speak at AA conferences or otherwise approving/condoning/tolerating their inclusion at AA events.

Satirize Mohammad all day by drawing him even though you know people will claim offense, but don't dare photoshop FTBloggers' signs with a harmless "We love Justin" joke. The horror!

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

HelpingHand wrote:With Cards Against Humanity being the topic du jour... I present another source of terribly offensive humor.

Chopping Block

Can anyone grok the September 13th pictogram? My wife and I can't get it, but then again we thought poplar was a softwood.
Closest I can get to it:

Fried Egg + Teeth + Hurt + Tea + N

Friday the 13.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

JackRayner wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
grrrl wrote:Because it's only sexist when someone else says it.
Where did that come from?
I can't find it on his twitter feed.
It's from his Facebook. You can find the post here.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... d6f0ac.png

So...yeah. False alarm. It's just Cards Against Humanity again. Their quoting of this game seems to catch a lot of you off guard. :think:
How is that game not supporting Patriarchy and rape culture? Rape jokes are bad except when in a card game?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I never watched the video, so I don't have an opinion on it.

And this makes me quite happy!

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

bhoytony wrote:
Prefer the SAHB version.
Sheesh, Tony that takes me back. I used to love Alexander and the boys. Shark's teeth eat Richard Widmark and Twenty five dollars for a massage and all that malarkey.

I used to go around singing TBTM and somebody had to tell me it was to do with the Nazis, which I remember vociferously denying at one stage.

I don't know whether this song is a nazi-inspired one, or an older one just one taken over and appropriated by the boys from Nuremburg. It's true that the lyrics could refer to world domination, but you could also read is as a sort of "We shall overcome" if it were in a different context.

As we're all post-modernists now I'm going to go with the explanation that it's an innocent German folk-song about oppressed workers and has nothing to do with the Bruno Ganz lookalike.