Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
TheMudbrooker

Re: Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Jan Steen wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Sound of the bees buzzing
Everything is getting fuzzy
As you nimble on my nipples
Your tongue in me dribbles

Needs less rhyme.
It needs more rhymes that are slightly off.
Needs more cowbell.
(someone had to say it)

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Tigzy wrote:
Oolon's Television Adventure!
http://i.imgur.com/EkoMyRO.jpg?1
Catching sight of the old 12-century church, he paused awhile, trying to imagine what it would be like if there were a housing association block close by it, or a community outreach centre for gay, lesbian and Trans people. The church was very beautiful; the falling sunlight of the early evening glazed the ancient roof-tiles with a fiery wash, as if it had caught something of the wrathful beauty of God himself. 'I would support those developments,' he murmured, saying his thoughts outright in order to assure himself of his integrity. 'I would support a hostel for Eritrean refugees right next to it. I know I would.'

But Oolon's mood did not alleviate. And somehow, Nigel's words - 'You're one of us. You'll always be one of us.' - still persisted, as with another sigh, the ponytailed berk went on his way, his sandalled feet slapping sadly against the ground like the first sullen raindrops of a right shitty day.
( ^ considerable and reluctant snipping of the right awesome story ^ )

I like how you bring out the cognitive dissonance of poor Oolon's sad, weak brain in your stories.

byw, I am hopeful you and/or other pitters (or factually, according to that wretched bit of 'reporting': "men who are raised to hate women") find a way to screenshot Oolon's strangest expression in that thing. For a moment he has one eye closed and the other wide open, looking upwards (!), if I recall correctly. Don't want to watch it again though.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Yemisi wrote:Sound of the bees buzzing
Can someone tell Yemisi that 'nimble' is not a verb? I guess she meant 'nibble'. I'm truly sorry if I spoiled an immortal poem by pointing this out.

(There is nothing like reading a Yemisi poem when you are on holiday.)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:
deLurch wrote: Show me the quote & context.
I already did. You cut it out.
Sorry about that. I will put this back in.
Jan Steen wrote:
Voice-over: "For saying this, she was deluged with abuse on Twitter. In response, her supporters set up a programme that monitors and blocks a shared list of abusers. And the man who wrote this talked me through the installation."

Journalist: "I'll just block the super slimy."
Oolon: "The worst."
Journalist: "Yeah, the worst."
I had dismissed this as simply saying that someone or some group is "super slimy" or "the worst" is up there with calling me a shithead in terms of it's vagary. I was more interested in your claim that Oolon had said "Oolon even claims here that we are the worst abusers." Within appropriate context, that might be discernible as a lie to me. But let's move down, because I think you boil down out point of debate very well in one of your other comments.
Jan Steen wrote:
deLurch wrote:If he did said "The posters in the slymepit are the worst abusers" I would tend to take that as a subjective personal assessment, not necessarily about everyone.
Why so reluctant to call a lie a lie?
I need a concrete statement or set of statements without the vagaries.
Jan Steen wrote:In general it seems like a good idea to object when people are spreading lies about you, whatever the level of respect you grant the liars.
My prior assessment of Oolon is that no one from any side liked or respected him and what he said was inconsequential, especially compared to some very blatant lies and falsehoods spread by other people. I could be wrong. I didn't bother to read much of what Oolon has said.
Jan Steen wrote:Let's not quibble about this. To me there is a difference between saying "Jan Steen is a shithead" and "Jan Steen is among the worst abusers." If you disagree, so be it. I'm disinclined to test my 'technique' here. :)
I am going to have to say you have boiled down our point of disagreement very well. I would need "abusers" to be better defined by other statements in order to identify it as a blatant lie. I'll agree that this isn't worth quibbling about.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Hahaha. The best yet.
Haha. Cheers Gumbington. Oolon being on Newsnight is the best thing to happen here in ages.
Butthurt, indeed. A relevant quote from the “Atheism+ Block Bot” FAQ page, saved for posterity:
You will be able to read anyone’s timeline who has blocked you and they will be able to read yours… Same as any blog or forum with an ignore function *cough*Slymepit*cough* all this will do is make it so you cannot directly interact with that user of Twitter unless they want you to.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Steersman wrote: Butthurt, indeed. A relevant quote from the “Atheism+ Block Bot” FAQ page, saved for posterity:
You will be able to read anyone’s timeline who has blocked you and they will be able to read yours… Same as any blog or forum with an ignore function *cough*Slymepit*cough* all this will do is make it so you cannot directly interact with that user of Twitter unless they want you to.
Ahhh...What would he do without us eh? Oolon should thank us for saving him from a life of stamp collecting and trainspotting.

Can't believe Lsuoma is on holiday and missing all the lulz.

sacha

Post by sacha »

debaser71 wrote:I wonder. Do gay guys actually like it when straight women go to gay bars?

because all gays should feel the same way

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I don't have Twitter but I'm following it like a bitch right now.
I think Oolon has seriously dropped himself in the shit with the Block_Bot.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

deLurch wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:In general it seems like a good idea to object when people are spreading lies about you, whatever the level of respect you grant the liars.
My prior assessment of Oolon is that no one from any side liked or respected him and what he said was inconsequential, especially compared to some very blatant lies and falsehoods spread by other people. I could be wrong. I didn't bother to read much of what Oolon has said.
I think your assessment is correct. Perhaps I should have added that the forum also matters. When a troll like oolon is spreading disinformation on a crappy blog that nobody reads, like Orwellia's or Zvan's, it doesn't really matter. But now that the BBC provided him with a platform his bullshit may have real life consequences for the people who are labelled as 'abusers'. (Not me, by the way; I'm not on Twitter.) It's not only lulz anymore.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Angry_Drunk wrote:I think I've found the SJW version of Captain Kirk fucking up androids with crazy-logic:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18s1a11 ... medium.jpg

This is one of my pet annoyances right now. I've seen that cartoon, and another one just like it, posted on a number of different leftist/feminist sites recently. Often accompanied by the argument that liberal democracies are, in their own way, just as misogynistic and patriarchal as fundamentalist Islamic theocracies. I've seen a feminist link to it in the comments of an article criticising women's rights in Iran; she called for people in America to "deal with their own country's misogyny problem before complaining about anywhere else".

To me it's a blatant false equivalence. The idea that women in liberal Western countries are forced to "objectify" and "sexualise" themselves by showing skin, in the same way some Muslim women are forced to cover up, is pure bullshit.

Today was a bit chilly where I live, and the skimpy outfits on display during last week's heatwave are now nowhere to be seen. I don't know any women who walk around all the time in a bikini, but I do see Muslim women sweltering in burkas on a roasting hot day.

Even when it was sunny, most of the women shopping around town were dressed for comfort, not for sexily pleasing their patriarchal masters. If anything, there was more male flesh on display, including quite a few guys walking around topless (which would get a woman arrested). Obviously those objectified men must have been victims of a cruel, female dominated culture...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I don't have Twitter but I'm following it like a bitch right now.
All seriousness aside, someone being associated with "rape treats" is funny as hell. I'll file that under #funnytypos

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:I think your assessment is correct. Perhaps I should have added that the forum also matters. When a troll like oolon is spreading disinformation on a crappy blog that nobody reads, like Orwellia's or Zvan's, it doesn't really matter. But now that the BBC provided him with a platform his bullshit may have real life consequences for the people who are labelled as 'abusers'. (Not me, by the way; I'm not on Twitter.) It's not only lulz anymore.
I will agree with that assessment.

I was looking to see who was categorized into which level. Oolon accuses those who are on level 1 as being "abusive spammers, d0x'ers, imposters and stalkers." I wonder what level Phil_Giordana_FCD is flagged at. If Phil is flagged at level one, I think he has a clear cut case.

That said, when you look at his website to identify who is what level, it makes absolutely no distinction. It lumps everyone in together. So is everyone on that list a "abusive spammers, d0x'ers, imposters and stalkers?

http://www.theblockbot.com/?page_id=35

Oolon may very well have fucked up big time. Before when everyone ignored him, no one cared what he did. Now that he is promoting his lists on a National UK news program, it ups the level of seriousness.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I don't have Twitter but I'm following it like a bitch right now.
fuck me blind. Is that Colon describing Sara Mayhew as boring?

sacha

Post by sacha »

AndrewV69 wrote:
debaser71 wrote:I wonder. Do gay guys actually like it when straight women go to gay bars?
My gay friends have indicated that it is only a certain type of woman who gets on their tits. They usually come in a group and piss everyone off with their loud and obnoxious behaviour and they are usually breeders.

Other than that no problem.

Personally, I have never been in a gay bar myself. The closest I have been to that type of establishment was to go with a group to a male strip club a few times in Brampton, and the women there were behaving like animals every time.

I have never seen men behave like that in a female strip club, not even in the most raunchy strip club I have ever been in, like the one in Thorod.

So if I were gay, and a bunch of breeder women were behaving like that in "my" space I think I would want to bitch slap the lot of them at a minimum.

YMMV
QFT

women in strip clubs where men are on stage are hideous.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Gefan wrote:If Oolon was going to be on Newsnight why couldn't it have been one-on-one with Paxman?
I don't even live in the UK but I'd have found a way to pay the license fee anyway to see that.

Paxman: "With me tonight in studio, as the latest round of the producers' vendetta against me, is Mr James Billington. I am told that he has done something on the internet that is of importance to literally dozens of people. Mr Billington, good evening".

Oolon: Blinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblinkblink.

Paxman: Mr Billington, thank you for being with us tonight and for making my being forced to read the weather or viewer's comments at the end of the show seem, somehow not quite so bad.
Fuck my life.
Anyway, you have done what exactly, and, furthermore why?

Oolon: [Giggles, continues to blink furiously but manages to hold up a sign, written in crayon, saying "Hello Ladies! You're Welcome!" and listing his phone number. It is upside down].

Paxman: [On cellphone] "Hello? Al Jazeera?" [Puts down phone. Sighs] The implication in my notes is that you must, in actual fact, be smart enough to operate a computer. Could you explain how... FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAN! STOP BLINKING!"

Oolon's eyelids have become a blur. They are generating so much downdraft that he starts to levitate out of his chair and ascends slowly into the studio lights. The words "Rebecca! I'm coming to join you!" drift down from out of frame.

Paxman: [back on cellphone] "Hello? Entertainment Tonight?"

hahahaha!

sacha

Post by sacha »

brilliant, Parsehole

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I don't think I ever twitted anythong remotely abusive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

nor have I, but I'm on there as well.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Gumby wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I remember Gumby. She looked like such a sweety.
She was.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... up8x10.jpg

oh Gumby! What a tough beauty!

*sigh* the discrepancy in life expectancy is "hell".

I spent 24 hours a day on average with my boy for the entire 15 years we were together. My heart shattered when he died, and he took a good piece of it with him. Adopting my sweet, loving dog after, made the pain a little easier, and I am so very fortunate to have him. We helped each other. He is pure joy. I adopted him at nine, by the way (from Muttville), and he is the perfect dog. Elder dogs are by far the best.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
fuck me blind. Is that Colon describing Sara Mayhew as boring?

Yes. Yes he is.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

OK, I need to know if this is just posturing, or if anybody is actually intending for realz to sue oolon, because I'm in danger of some serious frothage and I'd hate to ruin my couch for nothing.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Haha. Cheers Sacha.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Any of you muthafuckas know anything about this?: Looks like Oolon's failboat is finally sailing home.
A few points of interest.

On that forum Oolon is letting the A+ers do some of the picking. This will be part of his big downfall.
oolon wrote: oolon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm
Update: @sophiaphotos, @MarciHawkins and @SabineYeuxbleus want to use the block bot to block TERFs and anti-sex work feminists on Twitter.... I personally don't see this as being contrary to the definitions of people in there as "anti-feminists, bigots and fools", they certainly meet the last two terms as far as A+ is concerned and probably the first as well.

So does anyone have any issues with me adding these three as authorised blockers? I'm thinking the TERFs etc should be added at level2 so anyone signed up here http://www.theblockbot.com/sign_up/ to level2 or level3 will get them all blocked...
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... =50#p87688

So oolon is adding "bad" feminists to his list, including anti-sexwork feminists (I disagree with their position, but they should be free to spout their opinions) and "TERFs" which apparently stands for "Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist." Again, not my favorite type of person either by definition, but who wants to bet the A+ers go overboard on who they consider a TERF.

Oolon has been making a big deal about not @twitternaming people added to the list. He really is better off if people on his list don't know. What if ALL the people on the list where told they are on the list and provided a link to that UK news report? I bet that whole house of cards would come grinding to a halt real fast. Keep in mind that the UK report is not viewable directly in the US or necessarily in other countries. The thought of oolon in the jaws of Radical Feminists makes me smile. In fact, I would chalk it up to just desserts. Because these are actions he is directly responsible for.

Also of interest, on Oolon's web page, he CLAIMS that no one will be blocked or reported for spam automatically
What about Mah Freeze Peach!?
You will be able to read anyone’s timeline who has blocked you and they will be able to read yours… Same as any blog or forum with an ignore function *cough*Slymepit*cough* all this will do is make it so you cannot directly interact with that user of Twitter unless they want you to. No one will be blocked and reported as spam. The users of the block list would need to do this themselves for real spam accounts -> so it will NOT CAUSE accounts to be suspended. It is true that if any account is reported for spam then these blocks being applied will likely figure into Twitters spam algorithm -> but the bot will not be the cause, at worst a contributory factor.
However, in the A+ forum, he describes a setting for automatically flagging certain level 1 people for spam. Surely that won't be abused.
oolon wrote:Although I'd recommend not adding too many as we have quite a few L1 users who expect really nasty abusive people and stalkers to be mainly in here. Doesn't mean much except at level1 you can add #spam and they are not just blocked but reported for spam as well.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... =50#p87832

Oolon was so much better off when everyone ignored his ass.

sacha

Post by sacha »

debaser71 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
This one hates it. I don't mind the occasional fag hag(and younger gays love their hags), but I hate when bachelorette parties or hen nights invade.
I've heard there are three kinds of straight women at a gay bar. The hen party type. The women who think the men want to maybe try not being gay for a night type. And the lady friends who are invited to be there type. The first two groups are looked at with scorn. The last, not. Also, when you hear of a "gay bar" do you also assume lesbians, or just gay men? I have no personal experience with this and almost all of what I've heard comes from a few gender-issues forums that I read. And please, feel free to ignore my goofy questions.

here in SF, "gay bar" is a bar full of gay men by default

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Gumby wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I remember Gumby. She looked like such a sweety.
She was.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... up8x10.jpg
Aw... My cat Newman could be her twin.

sacha

Post by sacha »

debaser71 wrote:I'm sick of drunk straight women sticking their hands down my pants, grabbing my ass, putting their hands all over my chest, and running their hands over my head and through my hair. Would it be ok if I started going to a lesbian bar so I could, "just dance" (I don't dance but I can appreciate some well made drinks and pleasant atmosphere) without being harassed? How would lesbians feel? Or is it different when it's straight women going to gay bars? Why? A woman's sense of entitlement? Female privilege?

Anyway I really don't go to bars or clubs (too old). And I especially would not want to intrude on someone else's space (like being straight and going to a gay bar) Seems very rude, if uninvited.

I agree with this, and yes, it's female privilege

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:
All seriousness aside, someone being associated with "rape treats" is funny as hell. I'll file that under #funnytypos
Who...wants...rape treats?

sacha

Post by sacha »

bovarchist wrote:
Sound of the bees buzzing
I swear to you by all that's holy
I want to lick your areolae
Atop your breasts so roly-poly
Soft and pink like ravioli.

hahahahahahahahha!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Aneris wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Any of you muthafuckas know anything about this?:
Looks like Oolon's failboat is finally sailing home.
if anyone on the block list would block the bot back, it would be gone already. Generally, people can sure share a list of block-worthy people. Their freedom. The problem is when its used to smear people by conflating all kinds of things.

I thought about an art project, a public list of “fascists, holocaust-deniers, child molesters, rapists and other people I personally don't like” and then add oloon, Benson, Zvan and co. to it. They certainly fit in, don't they? Sure, that would backfire. It's okay when they do it, though.

blocked.

Post by Guest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Shit, and you thought razor blade apples were bad.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:Who...wants...rape treats?
I don't think they are anything like Scooby Snacks. Whatever you do, you don't want to be on Oolon's special list.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

rayshul wrote:
Is that a ponytail? AHAHAHAH

Fuck he's an ugly ass motherfucker.
He reminds me of Ted Nugent
http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content ... Ted-N1.jpg

windy

Post by windy »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:
sacha wrote:tunnelbear - I have the unlimited, but a certain amount is free.
Wow, a free VPN? That's pretty cool. Unfortunately, I use Linux.

I'll find something, I've got 6 days to do it!

In any case, Oolon has plenty of "fans", I'm sure there'll be a lot of screencaps floating around soon. Thanks for your help, Sacha!
I run Linux also and I use this free VPN service: http://www.justfreevpn.com/
Setup instructions here (including Linux): http://www.justfreevpn.com/how-to-setup-free-vpn/

They change the password regularly so you have to keep updating it.

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Who...wants...rape treats?
I don't think they are anything like Scooby Snacks. Whatever you do, you don't want to be on Oolon's special list.
You know how feminists like McEwen are always accusing their male allies of wanting "cookies" when they say the correct feminist thing?
I imagine "rape treats" are what MRA's give out when you say or do something that agrees with them.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

sacha wrote: oh Gumby! What a tough beauty!

*sigh* the discrepancy in life expectancy is "hell".

I spent 24 hours a day on average with my boy for the entire 15 years we were together. My heart shattered when he died, and he took a good piece of it with him. Adopting my sweet, loving dog after, made the pain a little easier, and I am so very fortunate to have him. We helped each other. He is pure joy. I adopted him at nine, by the way (from Muttville), and he is the perfect dog. Elder dogs are by far the best.
I hear ya about the sadness of life expectancy discrepancy. No matter how much one is prepared it hits like a ton of bricks. I had Gumby for all of her fourteen years, she was a rescue kitten of 8 weeks when I got her. I love my current kitty Stimpy, but she will never replace Gumby. No pet I'll ever have will even come close.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 54be8d.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Aneris wrote: if anyone on the block list would block the bot back, it would be gone already. Generally, people can sure share a list of block-worthy people. Their freedom. The problem is when its used to smear people by conflating all kinds of things.
I just checked and it looks as if I blocked the bot a long time ago.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Guest wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Shit, and you thought razor blade apples were bad.

hahahaha!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

KenD wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:I think I've found the SJW version of Captain Kirk fucking up androids with crazy-logic:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18s1a11 ... medium.jpg
To me it's a blatant false equivalence. The idea that women in liberal Western countries are forced to "objectify" and "sexualise" themselves by showing skin, in the same way some Muslim women are forced to cover up, is pure bullshit.
A lot of Muslim women have a really negative view of Western women. They do not "envy them for their freedoms", they just pity them at a minimum.

As I have spent a certain amount of time on Islam Awakening and Shia Chat, based on what I have read by the women there it is pretty clear to me that they view Western women with lots of exposed skin with contempt.

I get the impression that they think Western women willingly do this though, and not that they are forced to. Mind, these are religious women. Secular Muslim women may have different opinions.

But go ahead with your assumptions feminist women, do be surprised when you piss Muslim women off with your assumptions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1zyeKUL94

Like this one:
She says: 'I glanced over and thought, “This poor woman's going to be there for hours.” Her husband was standing closest to me, so I said to him, “Will you help her?”

'He said, “I've got the children.” I said, “Well, I can help her” and he replied, “What's it to you?” I said, “This is what feminism's about - women helping women.”

He said, “Oh, get lost.” I looked at the woman and said, “We live in a society in Britain where rights are equal - if you need help you can ask for it.” '
The couple became infuriated. 'The husband came up behind me and said in my ear, “You f*** off,” which I found very intimidating,' Miss Heathcote-Drury says. 'I wanted to get out of the shop as quickly as possible, but he approached me again.'

She called for a security guard and when one arrived, he began speaking to the man. Meanwhile, Miss Heathcote-Drury, who had paid for her shopping, was making her escape down the aisle when she claims she felt a sharp pain in her left shin and stumbled.

'The woman was standing with her hand on her hip and smirking. She wanted to humiliate me. Then she hit me on the left cheek.'

brightonrock

Post by brightonrock »

AndrewV69 wrote:
She says: 'I glanced over and thought, “This poor woman's going to be there for hours.” Her husband was standing closest to me, so I said to him, “Will you help her?”

'He said, “I've got the children.” I said, “Well, I can help her” and he replied, “What's it to you?” I said, “This is what feminism's about - women helping women.”

He said, “Oh, get lost.” I looked at the woman and said, “We live in a society in Britain where rights are equal - if you need help you can ask for it.” '
How bloody patronising.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:Happy Belated Birthday (yesterday) to Kate Bush (and Emily Bronte of course).

[youtube]BW3gKKiTvjs[/youtube]

sigh.......
I love Kate Bush, very talented musician but I have never seen her as sexy like most people do.
She reminds me too much of Alan Rickman.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7342/9410 ... 611a_c.jpg
I must say I don't see the resemblance. And I pity those who do.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

zenbabe wrote: byw, I am hopeful you and/or other pitters (or factually, according to that wretched bit of 'reporting': "men who are raised to hate women") find a way to screenshot Oolon's strangest expression in that thing. For a moment he has one eye closed and the other wide open, looking upwards (!), if I recall correctly. Don't want to watch it again though.
I am just going to point out something here. Among the manosphere it is a given that "men who are raised to hate women are usually raised by women who hate men"

brightonrock

Post by brightonrock »

sacha wrote:
women in strip clubs where men are on stage are hideous.

The hen's night (bachelorette party etc) culture is ridiculous. The hypocrisy in women who call themselves feminist, and rail against "misogyny", who then behave like wild pigs over a bucket of slop when a male stripper appears and who drink through penis straws and eat penis shaped cakes but fail to see that they're merely perpetuating the same 'sexist' behavior they apparently find so abhorrent in men is contemptible.

If that's how they want to spend their time, that's fine, but don't turn around the next day and complain incessantly about how sleazy your fiance is for going to a strip club for his bucks night*. I've seen and heard this very scenario among people I know all too many times.

*Substitute for local variant as required.

katamari Damassi

I realize that Renee and Submariner and the others are busy with Skeptic-schism(which is looking good BTW)but I miss seeing them here.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Katamari, Phil, Gumby, thank you for your kind condolences.

Gumby, your cat and mine could've been sisters. Mine was an all gray Russian Blue something-or-other, but your kitty's face looks so much like her it's unnerving. My wife and I used to joke about her eyebrow tufts giving her a Godzilla look when she was sleepy.
Haw! Red Bull and fish bait. You caught his essence, Tony. Now we've got to find some ice to pack it in before it stinks up the place.
zenbabe wrote:byw, I am hopeful you and/or other pitters (or factually, according to that wretched bit of 'reporting': "men who are raised to hate women") find a way to screenshot Oolon's strangest expression in that thing. For a moment he has one eye closed and the other wide open, looking upwards (!), if I recall correctly. Don't want to watch it again though.
Ah, you caught that too:

KenD

Post by KenD »

brightonrock wrote:The hen's night (bachelorette party etc) culture is ridiculous. The hypocrisy in women who call themselves feminist, and rail against "misogyny", who then behave like wild pigs over a bucket of slop when a male stripper appears and who drink through penis straws and eat penis shaped cakes but fail to see that they're merely perpetuating the same 'sexist' behavior they apparently find so abhorrent in men is contemptible.
Of course feminists simply argue that "male privilege" makes it completely different, wiping away any double standard perceived by those ignorant of Feminism 101. Their enjoyment of male strippers is "transgressive", and an act of "female empowerment" within patriarchy, while a man watching a woman get naked is a misogynist, guilty of "objectification", "exploitation", and contributing to "rape culture".

Or, as feminist Guardian columnist Tanya Gold put it: Women watch men strip for fun. Men watch women for darker reasons

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

katamari Damassi wrote:I realize that Renee and Submariner and the others are busy with Skeptic-schism(which is looking good BTW)but I miss seeing them here.
I keep wondering if I should start a blog there but I really, really don't want to be tied down to a blog. I did it for 5 years or so and ended up shelving it because I simply ran out of gas. Maybe someday.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Something oddly familiar about him...

Oh yeah.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2429/4553 ... 1bdd_z.jpg

dogen

Post by dogen »

Pitchguest wrote:
Something oddly familiar about him...

Oh yeah.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2429/4553 ... 1bdd_z.jpg
Cracking block-bot, Gromit!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:Katamari, Phil, Gumby, thank you for your kind condolences.

Gumby, your cat and mine could've been sisters. Mine was an all gray Russian Blue something-or-other, but your kitty's face looks so much like her it's unnerving. My wife and I used to joke about her eyebrow tufts giving her a Godzilla look when she was sleepy.
Haw! Red Bull and fish bait. You caught his essence, Tony. Now we've got to find some ice to pack it in before it stinks up the place.
zenbabe wrote:byw, I am hopeful you and/or other pitters (or factually, according to that wretched bit of 'reporting': "men who are raised to hate women") find a way to screenshot Oolon's strangest expression in that thing. For a moment he has one eye closed and the other wide open, looking upwards (!), if I recall correctly. Don't want to watch it again though.
Ah, you caught that too:

Holy shit! Amazing.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ape+lust wrote:
Ah, you caught that too:

Jesus! I won't be able to sleep after seeing that, it's terrifying.

http://boswellspoetry.wikispaces.com/fi ... ughton.jpg

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Ape+lust wrote:Katamari, Phil, Gumby, thank you for your kind condolences.

Been thinking of you in this regard as well, dear Ape+Lust.
Losing a pet is an enormous grief.
Yours was quite handsome :)
zenbabe wrote:btw, I am hopeful you and/or other pitters (or factually, according to that wretched bit of 'reporting': "men who are raised to hate women") find a way to screenshot Oolon's strangest expression in that thing. For a moment he has one eye closed and the other wide open, looking upwards (!), if I recall correctly. Don't want to watch it again though.
Ah, you caught that too:

That's it.. lol.. ack!
I would give you a hearty "fuck you" for animating it so horrendously, but I can't because you're in mourning!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Ape+lust wrote:Ah, you caught that too:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHTHATISFUCKINGTERRIFYINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

Skirts banned at Yorkshire school
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10315849
A school in Yorkshire has banned skirts from its uniform for students in years 7-10 to prevent girls wearing them too short.

decius

Post by decius »

Wonky Donkey wrote: And this is indeed the problem with a block list selected by a community and why Twitter would not use it. When richarddawkins.net front page decided to use a scoring system to hide posts by trolls it was almost immediately abused by the front page clique to "pile on" posters whose opinions they did not like.

Same thing here, the insular community contains a smaller percentage of motivated people who act as judge and jury on who the community gets to read or does not get to read, a little like Scieno Sitter. The majority of the aforementioned community does not check out whether or not their self appointed guardians have got it right.
As a once-member of said clique, I demand evidence for such spurious claim.

To the best of my recollection, such system never existed.

In the beginning, the Front Page was totally unmoderated. As more vitriolic tourists joined in, Dawkins hired a bunch of moderators.
Other users and I authored a document and persuaded him to implement experimental self-moderation, but there were no buttons and absolutely no way to censor other users, only peer-pressure to adhere to certain standards of discourse, which the vast majority found to be fair and unobtrusive.
It worked fine for about a year.
Eventually, due to a small contingent of troglodytes who couldn't abide by simple rules of courtesy, Dawkins changed his mind and hired again a bunch of strict moderators. And that was the end of an era, really.

decius

Post by decius »

Wonky Donkey wrote: And this is indeed the problem with a block list selected by a community and why Twitter would not use it. When richarddawkins.net front page decided to use a scoring system to hide posts by trolls it was almost immediately abused by the front page clique to "pile on" posters whose opinions they did not like.

Same thing here, the insular community contains a smaller percentage of motivated people who act as judge and jury on who the community gets to read or does not get to read, a little like Scieno Sitter. The majority of the aforementioned community does not check out whether or not their self appointed guardians have got it right.

In the beginning, the Front Page was totally unmoderated. As more vitriolic tourists joined in, Dawkins hired a bunch of moderators.
Other users and I authored a document and persuaded him to implement experimental self-moderation, but there were no buttons and absolutely no way to censor other users, only peer-pressure to adhere to certain standards of discourse, which the vast majority found to be fair and unobtrusive.
Eventually, due to a small contingent of troglodytes who couldn't abide by simple rules of courtesy, Dawkins changed his mind and hired again a bunch of strict moderators. And that was the end of an era, really.

decius

Post by decius »

decius

Post by decius »

What the actual fucK? I pressed "submit" only once.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Ape+lust wrote:[...]

[...]

Red Bull, fish bait, pony tail and sandals (as tigzy suggested). The oolon essence. I would pay for seeing Lsuoma's face when he opens the pit unsuspectingly right now, wondering who this dude is and then discovering the story.

katamari Damassi

Gumby wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I realize that Renee and Submariner and the others are busy with Skeptic-schism(which is looking good BTW)but I miss seeing them here.
I keep wondering if I should start a blog there but I really, really don't want to be tied down to a blog. I did it for 5 years or so and ended up shelving it because I simply ran out of gas. Maybe someday.
Maybe some rape treats would encourage you?