Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Another view of things

Post by AndrewV69 »

Cunning Punt wrote:Okay, I over did that a bit. I withdraw it.

I am in an upstate NY city. Not from here originally. It's totally the opposite up here - it's like apartheid.
Sounds like Summit, NJ last time I was there (20 years ago). Some pretty entitled behaving people in that town, much worse than what I saw in NY.

free thoughtpolice

Re: Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Cunning Punt wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Git wrote:So...abortion anyone?
No thanks, I'm full.
What about those bloody Zionists?
I hear a bunch of crackpot Jewish fundamentalists settlers are doing all they can to start WW3 and Armageddon.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

This is to announce that Matt Cavanaugh has banned me from his blog for disagreeing with him !

That's how a 'true liberal' behaves I suppose, Matt.

First of all his (small) army of fanboys tried to dogpile me but it was rather like a fight between one lion and eight woodlice !

I guess on some level it must have sunk in even to his stupid brain that he can't answer my arguments !

Anybody else on the ban list ?

Git

Post by Git »

Cunning Punt wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Git wrote:So...abortion anyone?
No thanks, I'm full.
http://www.bangitout.com/photosb/images ... sh_cat.jpg

Git

Post by Git »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
No thanks, I'm full.
I hear a bunch of crackpot Jewish fundamentalists settlers are doing all they can to start WW3 and Armageddon.
http://i.qkme.me/3t1axy.jpg

Post by Guest »

piginthecity wrote:This is to announce that Matt Cavanaugh has banned me from his blog for disagreeing with him !
Unless you made some pretty awful comments that didn't get through moderation, you certainly didn't deserve to be banned based on the comments I read.

There's a little baboon in all of us, apparently.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

♛
KEEP CALM
     AND
    ZION

Bill the Cat

Post by Bill the Cat »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Okay, I over did that a bit. I withdraw it.

I am in an upstate NY city. Not from here originally. It's totally the opposite up here - it's like apartheid.
Thank you.

This is what makes the pyt a better place than FfTB.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

More on my banning by Matt Cavenaugh (aka Mr. True Liberal !)

First of all some back - pedal room - it might be a technical glitch of some sort, although I think not.

This is what i wanted to post, so I'd be very happy for anyone who wants to to copy paste and post it to

http://trueliberalnexus.wordpress.com/2 ... n-verdict/

(dunno why I'm advertising that clown's blog !)

Here's the post:

Okay Matt. Fair enough, I shouldn't have called your boy 'loathsome' and I take it back. What I should have said was 'pathetic', as George is of low intelligence, hasn't achieved anything in his life and is a loser. Sadly he's decided that having a gun makes him a man, a decision which, like everything else in his life has worked out disastrously.

Your boy George can't handle a gun. He can't handle a situation. He can't handle himself. He can't handle anything. It's a disaster he's ever been allowed to go near firearms and play-act at being a cop.

Now here's the bit where I put my finger on where you're going wrong, Matt. I know you won't like it coming from a mere 'visitor'. It's that you're celebrating his return to the streets. You've allowed yourself to get obsessed with the minutiae of this case. You want to discuss things like iced tea, and who weighs how many pounds, and what photographs appear in what paper, and to repeat internet rumours about what a 17 year old may have said in a conversation once and something about Al Sharpton. I know you want to get into a conversation with me where you can argue this nonsense back and forth, but you've missed everything significant about this case.

What matters is the balance of power between someone who has chosen to arm himself with a gun, and go prepared for and expecting a violent confrontation, and an unarmed citizen who is just minding his own business. What the responsibilities of each party are, and how the law should react when things go badly wrong as they did in this case.

These are topics that a reasonable person can have a variety of opinions on, just as it's not clear cut that murder was proven beyond reasonable doubt, which is why I'm not impugning the trial jury. It's always a tough call especially when the perpetrator's state of mind (something inherently unprovable) is central to the case. When all witnesses except for one are dead, then, unfortunately his word is half way to reasonable doubt.

But you miss all this. You could care less. You've decided that 'true liberalism' involves celebrating George's return to the streets. You've decided that it's as simple as that. I guess it's to prove something about the SJW's being wrong. Making excuses for Georgie and telling stories to diminish his victim in our eyes. The problem is, there's a good chance George'll go around with his gun again, get into another situation he can't handle, then piss his pants and shoot the place up as before. People will get hurt. Probably George too, because he's a danger to himself as well as others (especially black others of course). Just maybe, prison isn't the right place for George (though I've got to say, I'm sure it is), but to celebrate this guy and tout that he's blameless or a victim himself - that is where you've gone wrong and badly wrong at that.

END OF POST

So, do feel free to post this to Matt's blog anybody. Even if you think it's tripe but just do it because of free speech. You'll be banned of course, but I think Matt might leave the post up, because otherwise it'll be obvious to his readers his sordid little secret of censorship !

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Gee Whillikers! Welch has turned into Steerserist...
I prefer the term "Wondersteer" myself...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 15f9e7.jpg

... but use the Latin when I'm feeling particularly pseudointellectual.

So I see the Pit is still ZNN (Zimmerman News Network)...

...back to lurker mode...
Gumby, I really like the photosoph!

Well done!

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Did Zimmerman kill the Pyt? :shock:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

The Daily Shows take on the Zimmerman case: “It's rare that the Daily Show slips out of satire and into anger. This is one of those times” via Upworthy.

Indeed.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Zenspace wrote:Did Zimmerman kill the Pyt? :shock:
Yes. I fully understand that some people needed a free-speech zone to vent, but I am fucking sick of it.

Eating lemon curd and watching 'Luther'.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
welch wrote:
John D wrote: And… I reject completely the accusation that I am a racist. I am a hiring manager at my company and my most recent hire was a black woman. I pay her the same as I pay the white man I employ. I am very happy with her job performance. I have worked with people of all races and religions… Muslims, Hundus, Jews… whites , Asians, blacks…. You name it. I have black friends, one of which I had a great discussion with about Zimmerman two days ago. My future son-in-law is black. My kids go to a school that is about 40% white, 20% black, 10% Hispanic… some Asian etc. So if you claim I am a racist you are acting like a fucking baboon… okay? You can act like a baboon if you like which will provide me with the opportunity to call you a cunt!
nope, not racist at all...
Well... I take it back. You are not a cunt. You are a fucking idiot baboon and cunt. You are welcome to blame white people for all the problems of blacks. You sound like a feminist blaming all the problems women have on the menz. It is pure twattle. And... furthermore... You can suck my tiny white cock!
Aww, such a pwecious stwawman. Did the big mean man use the words you actually said to make his point? I'm sorry, i forgot, it's not racist when YOU do it.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
Dave wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Your wife is a white guy? Well, at least you're not a homophobe.
How do you know? He could be afraid of his wife.
My wife only hurts me when I really want her too... and vice-versa. Does everyone here have a code word? (nothing anal for me however.... I have had fissures... ouch!. Look it up if you don't know what fissures are. TMI?? I don't think so. Welsh is so fucking smart he knows I am a racist through and through... he can practically read my mind. He probably already knows what I think about anal sex.)

Regarding homophobia... I am all for gay marriage. My nephew was married to a man in New York... and now he is divorced from his husband in New York. (haha... I guess they get to find out what divorce is like too) As for me... I am a big ole' zero on the Kinsey scale. The rest of my family have higher numbers than I do. I am 100% hetero.... what can I say... I think I was born this way.. haha. I know it is not cool to be a big ole' zero... but I ask all the hipsters to forgive me for this one flaw.
When you cry, you increase my powers. Cry more crybaby. Cry more.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:So, funny story. I am walking with my family in downtown Indianapolis. My wife and I are few steps ahead of my two (white) daughters and my one (white) female exchange student. Walking with the (white) girls is my daughter's 6' 2" black boyfriend (the futhure son-in-law I mentoned earlier).

Two black guys walk by us, and the one says to his friend "Look at that black dood with all them white chicks!"

We laughed like crazy.... including my future son-in-law who found it particularly funny.

So now you cunts get to judge me.... Is this a funny incident or not? Welch and the other cunts are sure I am a racist. Have fun judging me for this you! I await your reply!
I love it when you cry. Don't stop. Ever.

Tip: if you don't want people to call you a racist, don't say racist shit like when black guys wear hoodies and walk in a way you don't approve they're thugs, but when white guys wear hoodies, they're just cold.

If you didn't say all that racist shit, I wouldn't be calling you a racist. Now a dumbass, sure, but not a racist.

welch

Post by welch »

Tribble wrote:Sigh, it's a shame when a bunch of smart, but completely untrained and niave people fail to understand the testimony isn't what got Zimmerman off. It was the goddamn FORENSICS. The forensics made the case.

Which is why police and prosecutors and defenders all use them.

Forensics are almost always the best evidence. Witness testimony, no matter how sincere, is always flawed because of memory issues that are a bit too complex for discussing in the Slymepit.

What happened:

1. Police (actual trained professionals) investigate shooting and come to the conclusion it was justifiable self-defense.
2. Martin becomes media darling and is white-washed to a Saint.
3. State gets involved because of the politics of the situation. (See Duke Lacrosse team along with 1,000's of other examples.)
4. Suspect acquitted by JURY WHO HAD ALL THE FACTS.
5. Know-nothings (I seem to be the only person who was ever in law enforcement) with no legal training at all play their idiotic SJW-rhetoric games and disingenuous positions without having a clue.

I'll be back in a week. Maybe by that time, you people will have come to you fucking senses and will have dropped the Just World Hypothesis as you selective ignore practically everything.

The just-world hypothesis (or just-world fallacy) is the cognitive bias that human actions eventually yield morally fair and fitting consequences, so that, ultimately, noble actions are duly rewarded and evil actions are duly punished. In other words, the just-world hypothesis is the tendency to attribute consequences to, or expect consequences as the result of, an unspecified power that restores moral balance; the fallacy is that this implies (often unintentionally) the existence of such a power in terms of some cosmic force of justice, desert, stability, or order in the universe.

The fallacy popularly appears in the English language in various figures of speech, which often imply a negative reprisal of justice, such as: "You got what was coming to you," "What goes around comes around," and "You reap what you sow."
The universe, and the law, don't give a shit about how YOU think things should be. Only what is or what was. And if it hurts your feelings, I have a blog site for you: http://freethoughtblogs.com/ You'll fit right in.

NOTE: Just to be clean, based solely on the media rush and reporting, I too thought ZImmerman was likely guilty. Thankfully I am a actual skeptic and don't just play one on the Internet and am open to ALL the evidence and am willing (despite being an old dog) to change my mind based on the entirety of the facts, not just the convenient ones.
Here's a question:

How many people here, including me, have said the disagree with the verdict?

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
Indeed Mr. Straw-for-brains. Here, I am compelled to agree with you. For all we know Trayvon said "I'm goona fuck him up!" The only testimony is from Rachel. She could have been telling the truth... but she is certainly not an un-biased witness.
Unlike Zimmerman. Who was totes unbiased.

welch

Post by welch »

Cunning Punt wrote:
welch wrote:
Yeah. Sanford's a fucking paradise. Well, except for the cop who got busted helping a car dealer recover cars in exchange for said car dealer paying off the cop's car payments.

and the cop fired, and another suspended for sending racist messages from a department computer.

Oh, and the copy who approached a car full of people with his gun drawn, and an investigation recommended he be charged with filing a false police report (for claiming the driver tried to run him down), official misconduct, and assault with a deadly weapon. Odd, the state attorney's office was curiously silent about that.

And the officer who had used a boy scout as a proxy in a drug investigation. In nine years with the department, this officer was investigated 25 times.

Funny how none of that seems to count.

I dunno, i don't think Sanford is the center of comity and good feelings it's being painted as.
Nah, that can't be true. Bill the Cat says it's full of smiling and well behaved negros.
It's because they all sing "Swing Low, sweet chariot" as they work. Everyone knows you can't be uppity when you're singing a good ol' nigger work song.

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
welch wrote:
John D wrote: And… I reject completely the accusation that I am a racist. I am a hiring manager at my company and my most recent hire was a black woman. I pay her the same as I pay the white man I employ. I am very happy with her job performance. I have worked with people of all races and religions… Muslims, Hundus, Jews… whites , Asians, blacks…. You name it. I have black friends, one of which I had a great discussion with about Zimmerman two days ago. My future son-in-law is black. My kids go to a school that is about 40% white, 20% black, 10% Hispanic… some Asian etc. So if you claim I am a racist you are acting like a fucking baboon… okay? You can act like a baboon if you like which will provide me with the opportunity to call you a cunt!
nope, not racist at all...
John D wrote:Black guys doin the strut in hoodies are thugs. White guys with ball caps and wife beater shirts are thugs. A white guy does not draw attention to himself in a fucking hoodie. Whites guys in hoodies wear them only because they are cold(unless you are M and M... he's mostly black).
there's NOTHING racist there. It's only when black people wear hoodies and do the "strut"...wtf does that even mean? What, they should only walk like honkies?
How does that first part qualify as racist? For a point of reference:
rac•ism (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
I certainly can’t see that, there at least, John D is “discriminating or being prejudiced on the basis of race” or is thinking that all whites are better than all blacks. Obviously there are cases where some blacks are better than some whites as I think his acceptance of his prospective black son-in-law suggests. And which can probably be extended to other circumstances as well – everyone knows that white men can’t jump.

However, I will concede that it looks like he is still guilty – to some extent – of some egregious stereotyping – the essence of racism and sexism both – in tarring every black person who wears a “hoodie” with the same brush.

As mentioned previously, humans do have a problematic tendency to categorical thinking and stereotyping, of assuming that all of a class are the same as some segment of it. Which is not to say that those stereotypes aren’t applicable to those segments. The problem is in judging an individual on the basis of a statistical measure.

Although that is not to say that doing so, or at least using that stereotype to guide some behaviours, is not without some value. If the police have a report of a blond, blue-eyed robber then it should not be surprising or unacceptable that they are more likely to be stopping anyone who fits that description. Although that too can be problematic – as in “driving while black”. Or in single-parenting while male.
So he's doing things that are racist, but he's not a racist.

Oh please, DO explain how that works.

John D

Post by John D »

welch wrote:

Tip: if you don't want people to call you a racist, don't say racist shit like when black guys wear hoodies and walk in a way you don't approve they're thugs, but when white guys wear hoodies, they're just cold.

If you didn't say all that racist shit, I wouldn't be calling you a racist. Now a dumbass, sure, but not a racist.
So now you think I am not a racist. Cool. I still think you are a cunt.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
Steersman - I certainly can’t see that, there at least, John D is “discriminating or being prejudiced on the basis of race” or is thinking that all whites are better than all blacks. Obviously there are cases where some blacks are better than some whites as I think his acceptance of his prospective black son-in-law suggests. And which can probably be extended to other circumstances as well – everyone knows that white men can’t jump.

However, I will concede that it looks like he is still guilty – to some extent – of some egregious stereotyping – the essence of racism and sexism both – in tarring every black person who wears a “hoodie” with the same brush.
I was exaggerating to some extent for dramatic effect. I am shocked that you knuckleheads can't tell the difference. Of course, not every black person that puts on a hoodie is a thug. I realize that I have not been here in months so you don't know me very well. I will attempt to clarify for those who do not understand my point.
HOW DARE WE TAKE YOUR WORDS AT FACE VALUE.
John D wrote:My claim is that it is reasonable for Zimmerman to suspect Trayvon was a possible burglar and up to no good. He was in the pouring rain in sneaker and a hoodie. He was reportedly wandering (at least this is what Zimmerman told police). Zimmerman thought Trayvon might be a thug. Could be. Looks reasonable to me. A young black man wandering in the rain in a hoodie fit a certaion "type" of person who embraces a thuggish culture.
Have you ever actually been to florida? I mean not just the mouse house or south beach, but actually spent real time in this state, including the rather bizarre rain patterns here?
John D wrote:There are many thuggish ways to look in Amercia. There is the "white trash" look that include bad tatoos, wife-beater shirts, dirty jean, long hair. There is the "white supremacist" look that includes short hair, t-shirts, jeans, piercings. There is a "black thug" look that includes baggies, hoodies, and the ever present bent over swagger walk. I am not claiming I am some kind of expert on sub-cultures that tend to be violent, but some people look like thugs. I claim that many (not all) people that look like thugs are thugs. When someone looks like a thug it is reasonable to suspect they might be up to no good.
You're not an expert on the subject, but you'll sure as shit tell people how it works. Do you do this whilst listening to "M and M"?
John D wrote:I have also previously called certain people savages. I like this description. I live just down the street from a city full of savages. They scare me. Savages are not civilized enough to manage their own behavior. They raise children who are thugs. They can't think their way out of a paper bag. Yeah... it is a dickish kind of description... but in this case... I don't care. You can call me an ass-hole for this if you like.
No, assholes have a useful function in life. They help get rid of turds like you.

Please, do keep explaining how you're not racist. It's highly entertaining.

Perhaps you can tell us about all the other rappers you know about. Besides "M and M" that is.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

piginthecity wrote:This is to announce that Matt Cavanaugh has banned me from his blog for disagreeing with him !

First of all his (small) army of fanboys tried to dogpile me but it was rather like a fight between one lion and eight woodlice !

I guess on some level it must have sunk in even to his stupid brain that he can't answer my arguments !

I don't have a ban list. You should still be able to comment, and I encourage you to do so.

I'll check this evening to see what's up. If you included lots of links, or came in using a new address, that sometimes confuses Wordpress.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:John D lives just down the street from a city full of savages that "can't think their way out of a paper bag".
Perhaps there is something in the water that makes people in his area brain damaged?
Sounds like Detroit (I have two guildies who live near there) and what they tell me about the place kind of matches. The one who is an engineer tells me that in addition to illiteracy, it was rare for an employee not to have a criminal record of some sort. He also thinks it is just a matter of time before head office throws in the towel and they close up shop.

Speaking of which I have this book on my reading list also: Detroit: An American Autopsy
Detroit is a whole other kind of fucked up. That shit will keep sociologists and anthropologists employed for decades. The history of how that city turned to shit is fascinating, and it's not done yet.

John D

Post by John D »

welch wrote:
No, assholes have a useful function in life. They help get rid of turds like you.
You're not only a cunt.... your a yappy fucking dog of a cunt.

welch

Post by welch »

Bill the Cat wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
welch wrote:
Yeah. Sanford's a fucking paradise. Well, except for the cop who got busted helping a car dealer recover cars in exchange for said car dealer paying off the cop's car payments.

and the cop fired, and another suspended for sending racist messages from a department computer.

Oh, and the copy who approached a car full of people with his gun drawn, and an investigation recommended he be charged with filing a false police report (for claiming the driver tried to run him down), official misconduct, and assault with a deadly weapon. Odd, the state attorney's office was curiously silent about that.

And the officer who had used a boy scout as a proxy in a drug investigation. In nine years with the department, this officer was investigated 25 times.

Funny how none of that seems to count.

I dunno, i don't think Sanford is the center of comity and good feelings it's being painted as.
Nah, that can't be true. Bill the Cat says it's full of smiling and well behaved negros.
And here I just thought I described a place much the same as any other place. Most places I have been, people treat people as people. Nothing more. I described Sanford as a place that did not want a riot - and just wanted the rest of the world to go away.

I described a place that did not think it was a white / black thing.

If you really want to know about Sanford - it's pretty much like any other shitty town - little industry - lots of petty crime. Watch the news at night there are at least 3 reports of cops on the take. I could go on & on. Too many people - not enough jobs - not enough education. (Not enough people bothering choosing not to learn in school is fair as well.)

If you wish to twist my words into something else, that is your privilege. Also pretty damn ignorant.
Not at all. You wanted to paint a picture that didn't ring true, and a bit of searching showed that. Perhaps if you hadn't been so eager to initially paint a picture that was out of sync with reality, the response would have been different. I could talk all day about how Coral Gables largely has ignored the insanity of Miami.

But if I left out HOW they did it, well, that wouldn't be quite honest. I wouldn't be lying mind you, but it wouldn't be honest either. (Coral Gables is a very beautiful, very precious city that among other things, regulates what color you paint the INSIDE of your house. Very strange. Also, don't walk around at night. The cops dislike that.)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Boo fucking hoo! Call someone who gives a shit - this is not BBAN (Blog Banning Arbitration Network).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Welch/John D - this thread's for you.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Aneris wrote:The Daily Shows take on the Zimmerman case: “It's rare that the Daily Show slips out of satire and into anger. This is one of those times” via Upworthy.

Indeed.
I'm disappointed in the Daily Show, they usually go against the herd, focus on lazy/dishonest journalism, etc. This time they chose to join them. Sometimes huge applause should be considered a mark of shame.

Oh well, there's still South Park to look forward to.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Btw, I normally have a 'first time comment' moderation, but removed all moderation controls just prior to that post. I'll make sure your comment appears -- my wood lice will just eat it up.

welch

Post by welch »

Cunning Punt wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Tribble wrote:
NOTE: Just to be clean, based solely on the media rush and reporting, I too thought ZImmerman was likely guilty. Thankfully I am a actual skeptic and don't just play one on the Internet and am open to ALL the evidence and am willing (despite being an old dog) to change my mind based on the entirety of the facts, not just the convenient ones.
I don't take exception to the jury verdict according to FL law. The evidence was sparse, the prosecution overcharged and argued the case poorly.
My problem is that some people are not just arguing that Z is not guilty but that he is innocent, justified in his actions, and it was Martin's fault for being a thug and wearing a hoodie, etc. People have been arguing that there is solid evidence that Martin threw the first punch when the only "evidence" is conflicting testimony, self serving fishy sounding tripe from Zimmerman and problematic testimony from Jeantel.
A 17 year old kid is dead, largely if not completely because of the actions of a wannabe cop.Every legal system is imperfect and verdicts don't always deliver justice; this is one of those cases.
Just out of curiosity,as an ex cop would you endorse the actions of Zimmerman that night? Do you think that if someone is packing heat they should have a responsibility to avoid a confrontation that could easily turn deadly?
That's pretty much what I think too. I wonder if they couldn't have sought a manslaughter charge - the whole thing seems to have been handled pretty ineptly by the prosecution.
My guess would be politics. The sanford cops kind of screwed the pooch with their initial handling of the case, (when someone shoots someone else, just arrest them. If the evidence to hold them is light or nonexistent, you can always let them go. But by not arresting him, you open yourself to all kinds of charges), and the outcry was so large about it that there's no way a manslaughter charge would have played well, although every analysis i've read said that was the best they could have hoped for. The evidence disproving self-defense was slim at best.

Looking at the actual definition of second degree murder:
The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
vs. Manslaughter:
The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
really makes me think the political pressure for a "real" conviction was huge. Manslaughter, they at least had A chance at. I can't see how they could have gotten any kind of murder conviction out of this.

But again, this isn't the first time the FL state attorney's office has overreached. Casey Anthony anyone?

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
welch wrote:

Then you misread. I think you're a racist. When you say shit like how a black person wearing a hoodie and "strutting" is a thug, but the SAME article of clothing worn by a white person is simple protection against inclement weather, that's racist. Dance around it all you wish.

Also, thank $DEITY you think I'm a cunt.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
welch wrote:
You're not only a cunt.... your a yappy fucking dog of a cunt.
You hate me, you really, really hate me! Now I know why Sally Field was so happy! An old, clueless, elitist racist honky from Canada whom i've never met, and god willing, never shall, has a bad opinion of me because I pointed out the problems with his words!

Could tonight get any better? I don't see how.

welch

Post by welch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Btw, I normally have a 'first time comment' moderation, but removed all moderation controls just prior to that post. I'll make sure your comment appears -- my wood lice will just eat it up.
Depending on the comment system used, WP comment management can get weird as fuck.

Parody Accountant

John D wrote:
welch wrote:
He's still calling you a racist. Additionally, he's calling you a dumbass.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsxgysm5rS1qzr8l8.gif

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

People, just fucking shut up about the TV/GZ shit or I'll shut the pit down for 48 hours.

welch

Post by welch »

So in non-zimmerman news, I'm going through the session lists at TAM for 2013, and as far back as they have complete lists. (2010 IIRC)

initial thoughts:

I don't know why they think they have some kind of expanding circle. The sessions are, by and large, the same year to year. At least two workshops barely change the title every year. Now, that's not actually bad. A lot of conferences do this. But it definitely shows that TAM is not that interested in skepticism as a whole, but rather a very narrow slice of it. If you cut out the paranormal/bigfoot/ufo and "skepticism is so cool" sessions, you don't really have a lot.

The sessions are SHORT. Like 30 min for most in 2013. How the fuck can you actually do anything well, session-wise, in 30 minutes.

Does anyone really need two poker clinics?

I doubt I'll do any digging, but the number of speakers with less than a master's seems to be really small. (session comparisons are tedious enough.)

TAM's website blows chunks when it comes to seeing what happened or what will happen. about a third of the sessions don't even have titles. if you don't know who the speaker is, you have no earthly idea what that session was about.

Only the workshops get session descriptions, which tells me that most of the attendees aren't new to the speaker circle or TAM. It would be impossible, unless you know who the speakers are already, to figure out what the hell is actually happening just from the titles. ("Authenticity". That's the title. No description. How the hell can someone who doesn't know who the speaker is figure that out.)

Given that going anywhere for the better part of a week isn't cheap, putting in proper descriptions would seem an obvious aid to helping people justify going. But given my experience with Drescher et al, I wonder if they really want significant numbers of new people at TAM. It seems a bit cliqueish, along the lines of "if you don't know who all the speakers are already, this is not the conference for you."

Oh, and the large-scale blogwhoring for TAM by SiN makes perfect sense once you see that they had their own workshop, with Clint, Lack, Myrbeck, BLackford, Rosseau, and Loftus...sponsored by SiN. Follow the money indeed.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Lsuoma wrote:People, just fucking shut up about the TV/GZ shit or I'll shut the pit down for 48 hours.
:clap:

welch

Post by welch »

Dunno if you saw this Sacha, but:

http://www.today.com/pets/dog-pictured- ... 6C10680004

Reading the bit where the random donations helped Schoep get a much better last year or so than he was going to have didn't suck.

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:People, just fucking shut up about the TV/GZ shit or I'll shut the pit down for 48 hours.
But it is so much more interesting than you bunch of cunts bitching about a nobody like Greg Laden all the time.

I do swear that I will leave this board for at least one week. It surly has been fun checking in with you nitwits. Go fuck yourselves... with love.. John D.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Now that the Zimmerman bullshit has (hopefully) been rolled away by our resident dung beetle (and all round fascist tit), I wanted to repost this, in case some people have been skipping massive chunks of the Pit recently.

This is Rebecca Watson whitesplaining to a black man why his concerns about the dangers of being black in the US are the exact equivalent of her being asked for coffee in an elevator.

You don't believe me. It sounds like Pit propaganda. Go and read this thing:

http://skepchick.org/2013/07/questlove- ... eing-shit/

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Here's my take on the Zimmerman case:

Florida's fucking insane.

Now shut the fuck up about it. And if you're going to leave, then leave. Take a breath, calm down, come back, business as usual. Bob's your uncle.

Love you guys. See you in the morning.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Warning: contains traces of Oolon.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-jumprope: :banana-guitar: :banana-linedance:
John D wrote:
But it is so much more interesting than you bunch of cunts bitching about a nobody like Greg Laden all the time.

I do swear that I will leave this board for at least one week. It surly has been fun checking in with you nitwits. Go fuck yourselves... with love.. John D.
:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-jumprope: :banana-guitar: :banana-linedance:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Now that the Zimmerman bullshit has (hopefully) been rolled away by our resident dung beetle (and all round fascist tit), I wanted to repost this, in case some people have been skipping massive chunks of the Pit recently.

This is Rebecca Watson whitesplaining to a black man why his concerns about the dangers of being black in the US are the exact equivalent of her being asked for coffee in an elevator.

viewtopic.php?p=110489#p110489 :)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Fucking Facist TIT!

OK Everyone NOW you See the violence inherent in the SYSTEM!

WEll? wELL!!!

FreeZee Peaches!

Fucking running dogs of Imperilism!!!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ERV wrote:
Zenspace wrote:Did Zimmerman kill the Pyt? :shock:
Yes. I fully understand that some people needed a free-speech zone to vent, but I am fucking sick of it.

Eating lemon curd and watching 'Luther'.
Eating freshly picked cherries and watching Ray Donovan myself.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I did have some Sally Strange news : Trigger Warning; she doesn't shoot abear with a hollow point bullet from a Kel-Tel 357, so potentially boring.
FTB blogger Avicenna shows a racist photoshop that depicts Trayvon Martin as a vicious chimpanzee and attributes the post to an atheist.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ot-at-all/
When I (abear) innocently ask what evidence links the offensive picture to an atheist social justice warriors/cyber thugs Anthony K and Sally Strange accuse me of being a racism apologist (AK later backtracks somewhat)
wedonthaveaproblem.JPG
(68.54 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Attachments
we#2.JPG
(75.55 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Git

Post by Git »

AndrewV69 wrote: Fucking running dogs of Imperilism!!!
Behold the running dogs of white privilege!:

http://www.blog-city.info/en/img1/10851 ... -small.jpg

Git

Post by Git »

AndrewV69 wrote: Fucking running dogs of Imperilism!!!
Behold the running dogs of white privilege!:

http://www.blog-city.info/en/img1/10851 ... -small.jpg

Parody Accountant

http://i.imgur.com/LxQ6nOm.png

welch wrote:...I'm going through the session lists at TAM for 2013...

<snip>

Oh, and the large-scale blogwhoring for TAM by SiN makes perfect sense once you see that they had their own workshop, with Clint, Lack, Myrbeck, BLackford, Rosseau, and Loftus...sponsored by SiN. Follow the money indeed.
I noticed this as well. I really think this just may be an indicator of SiN's motives and intentions. Obviously, I can't 'know', but it totally feels like this move was related to the timing of the sacking of JV.

Extremely relevant:

[youtube]AEKbFMvkLIc[/youtube]

sacha

Post by sacha »

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images ... dience.gif

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witterfeed

I'm torn on how to feel about this.

#1. A Jezebel writer talking how people should be respectful to others with different points of view.

#2. Dilahunty talking about how we don't need to give ideologies special protections

#3. LOVE the excessive number of gendered slurs in the post.

#4. And someone writing for Jezebel talking about "dog-whistle clasism"

There's so much cognitive dissonance here I don't know where to begin. All I can say is that I think this is a massive troll fight.

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:Dunno if you saw this Sacha, but:

http://www.today.com/pets/dog-pictured- ... 6C10680004

Reading the bit where the random donations helped Schoep get a much better last year or so than he was going to have didn't suck.
oh. bittersweet tears. I was following them on facebook, I missed the news. That dog was loved, I wish I could say the same for all of them...

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

In other racism news, Quentin Tarantino is considering Karl Urban to play Django in the Django Unchained sequel.

http://www.dafk.net/what/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Boo fucking hoo! Call someone who gives a shit - this is not BBAN (Blog Banning Arbitration Network).
Hey Pig,
Your comments went into spam. Perhaps you bumped into the nesting limits, or it may have something to do with the fact that you were channeling Wonderist.

I've rescued all of them from the trash. Hopefully you're good to go on future comments.

Would you say that I'm exonerated now?

acathode

Post by acathode »

Just read this story. Even though I knew all to well that Dubai was a seriously shitty place from various stories before, I'm still fuming. This is how a real "rape culture" looks like, not this whiny "Oh noes there's rape porn! Someone is having a wank while reading Greta Christinas rape fantasies! Rape culture!" BS that keep coming from the SJW brigade.

Yet of course, in SJW lala-land, somehow, by some parallel logic, if you happen to be deeply intolerant to shitheads that argue for sharia laws, the same SJW brigade will accuse you of being an evil racist...

Southern

Post by Southern »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Hey Pig,
Your comments went into spam. Perhaps you bumped into the nesting limits, or it may have something to do with the fact that you were channeling Wonderist.

I've rescued all of them from the trash. Hopefully you're good to go on future comments.

Would you say that I'm exonerated now?
Why people can't be a little more pacient and forgiving about this "comments not showing up" thing? Jeez, at least give the guy the benefit of doubt and 48 hours or so before crying. Spam filters are getting more and more strict, because spam is getting more sophisticated. Give peace a chance, for fuck sake.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Aneris wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Now that the Zimmerman bullshit has (hopefully) been rolled away by our resident dung beetle (and all round fascist tit), I wanted to repost this, in case some people have been skipping massive chunks of the Pit recently.

viewtopic.php?p=110489#p110489 :)
You should try reading posts before responding, it's amazing what you'll find out.

As I said, "I wanted to repost this...".

Parody Accountant

♛
KEEP CALM
    AND
TRAYVON