Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
LurkerPerson

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by LurkerPerson »

That is some weird fucking list. Why all the title bannings, like Mayor and Prince and Princess? Are they afraid people will pass themselves off as royalty? Why would they ban Lucifer and Christ but not Jesus? Because otherwise they'd have had to ban Mohammed as well?

sacha

Post by sacha »

jjbinx007 wrote:Feminist posts rape threats. Turns out she wrote them.

http://laramielive.com/meg-lanker-simon ... shes-post/
so not surprising. I wish the times women were caught with evidence against them would get more media coverage.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

FrankGrimes wrote: *snip*
Don't forget your bleached then dyed red hair, obligatory nose ring and ex German army jacket.
*snipagain*

I wonder if they have those in the US (especialy the ex German army jacket). It's a bloody infestation here. I may have to call the guy with the ferrets to solve the problem.

And jokes aside, here they have a tendency to get a puppy so they will ingraciate people into giving them money while they sit on their ass juggling or playing diabolo. Once the puppy is too old to be cute, off to the shelter it goes, and they get a new puppy. I've seen this firsthand in my homeless period. And those people were mostly well-off lawyer's or doctor's kids who would go home to sleep every night.

When I think about Setar or half-fish or some others, these fuckers come to mind.

Aaaaand now I'm pissed off just remembering all that shit!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Pitchguest wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Yes. I remember that. She also sent him an uninvited, sexually graphic (erect cock), sexually violent (sharp claws grabbing a penis), bestiality containing, ascii picture of a "penis bird". You see, it's totally ok when she does the type of sexual harrassment which she's always pretending people are doing to her. She included quotes of things Coffee Loving Skeptic had said in the past which she didn't like, followed by the penis bird which was her response to it - sending sexually graphic and violent imagery uninvited to someone!
I hope you're being hyperbolic there. "Violent imagery"? Really? Come on, let's not stoop to the SJW level. (and yes, I'm almost sure you are being hyperbolic).
Most certainly hyperbole, but in *their* eyes it would be. I'm sure if one of us had sent them an ASCII of a bird grasping an erect cock with its claws that they'd go straight to harassment.
how about a bird with it's claws grasping a labia? what do you think their reaction would be to that? <-------rhetorical

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Don't forget your bleached then dyed red hair, obligatory nose ring and ex German army jacket.
*snipagain*

I wonder if they have those in the US (especialy the ex German army jacket). It's a bloody infestation here. I may have to call the guy with the ferrets to solve the problem.

And jokes aside, here they have a tendency to get a puppy so they will ingraciate people into giving them money while they sit on their ass juggling or playing diabolo. Once the puppy is too old to be cute, off to the shelter it goes, and they get a new puppy. I've seen this firsthand in my homeless period. And those people were mostly well-off lawyer's or doctor's kids who would go home to sleep every night.

When I think about Setar or half-fish or some others, these fuckers come to mind.

We do have German army jacket wearers in the US. In fact I wore one when I was 20. It went well with my Joy Division t-shirt. I was taken aback when 20 years later I saw some kid clerk in a record store wearing the same getup.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

sacha wrote:
how about a bird with it's claws grasping a labia? what do you think their reaction would be to that? <-------rhetorical
[youtube]zsTRxXvQY0s[/youtube]

sacha

Post by sacha »

Ericb wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
*snipagain*

We do have German army jacket wearers in the US. In fact I wore one when I was 20. It went well with my Joy Division t-shirt. I was taken aback when 20 years later I saw some kid clerk in a record store wearing the same getup.
does German camouflage count? If so, I'm guilty

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_image ... 836%29.JPG

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Chilly P. wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Interesting take on SJWism here, which the author refers to as 'Purity Leftism':

http://mattbruenig.com/2012/05/10/purity-leftism/

It does appear to explain a lot of the actual apathy we see from, for example, the A+ crowd: they talk extensively about doing stuff...but in the end, they never really seem do that much at all.
Just read the first two paragraphs and already I'm hooked.
The first sentence got me:
One of the most frustrating things about being on the left is the profound number of clowns who situate themselves beside me.

sacha

Post by sacha »

a cunt and his iphone

H/T franc

I know the type well. It would cost him a tonne of money just to get me to listen to him for five minutes.

and yes, I'm a mac user and I have an iphone - it's the best way to have a franc sockpuppet appear to be a real person

sacha

Post by sacha »

Strawkins - your avatar keeps blinking out of the corner of my eye today.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

sacha wrote:a cunt and his iphone

H/T franc

I know the type well. It would cost him a tonne of money just to get me to listen to him for five minutes.

and yes, I'm a mac user and I have an iphone - it's the best way to have a franc sockpuppet appear to be a real person
What a complete and utter cunt of the highest order.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Remaining Battery: 18 percent.
“I have two iPhones, one for day and one for the night. When the day phone runs out, the night phone takes over. I never have to worry.”
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkk.....

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Submariner wrote:To Renee: Good news about your boo. Good luck!

To ERV: Congrats on the paper! I just wish I could understand more of it.
I'm Just back from my Misogynist holiday. Renee, I'm so pleased your better half stuck it out and I hope it did the job.

ERV: Can I borrow your brains please? As a male my hormones have made me mentally damaged and I need some smarts to scratch my own armpits.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Jack wrote:

I'm Just back from my Misogynist holiday. Renee, I'm so pleased your better half stuck it out and I hope it did the job.

ERV: Can I borrow your brains please? As a male my hormones have made me mentally damaged and I need some smarts to scratch my own armpits.
In the meantime, you made it onto Aunt Ophelia frontpage of harassment, unsubstantiated of course. She has borrowed our language now and thinks you engage in "endless repetitive smearing"

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Hey ERV, is genomics in your wheelhouse?

:mrgreen:

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Aneris wrote: In the meantime, you made it onto Aunt Ophelia frontpage of harassment, unsubstantiated of course. She has borrowed our language now and thinks you engage in "endless repetitive smearing"
OMG LOL .. I never click FTB links, but I thought "why not see the harassment" ... you know, like you do at a freak show when they say "come see the bearded lady"

And OMFG LMFAO LOL :)

That is one seriously fucked-up-in-the-head-please-hand-me-my-medicines-maybe-I-need-some-professional-help lady.

If she isn't actually suffering a severe psychological disorder, then she does play the part very well.

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

Ericb wrote:You can't name your child Anal if you live in New Zealand. Cunt isn't on the list of banned names so it appears that, for now anyway, it's still available.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/world/asi ... bynames10a
I wonder if Frodo, Bilbo and Sméagol would be allowed? given En Zed has (at least the touristy bits, in recent years) been transformed from "the land of the long white cloud", to the land of the Hobbitses.

...and before any Kiwis beat me up for being so myopic, yeah I know, you guys have sheep to fuck as well ;)

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Remaining Battery: 18 percent.
“I have two iPhones, one for day and one for the night. When the day phone runs out, the night phone takes over. I never have to worry.”
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkk.....

For some reason, this reminds me of something my Grandma used to say about her childhood on a depression-era Texas farm...."Well, see, you use a red corn cob for the first couple wipes, then a white cob to see if you need another red one!"

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Both Benson and Myers are having a field day with Phyllis Schlafly's latest idiocy:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... #more-7919

But it makes as much sense to equate everyone who thinks there could be some merit to the concept of "victimization feminism" with Schlafly as it does to equate FtBers with Dworkin just because they happen to agree with her on a few points. Amazing that people who wield a concept as nuanced and craptastic as "intersectionality" utterly forfeit their brains to binary thinking the moment it suits their purpose.
Notable women’s advocate Phyllis Schlafly of Eagle Forum explains it simply.
“The problem with feminism, I think the principal problem, is the cultivation of an attitude of victimization. Feminism tries to make women believe they are victims of an oppressive, male-dominated, patriarchal society. They wake up in the morning with a chip on their shoulder.”
Ah how familiar that sounds. I think I saw versions of it several times on Twitter alone just in the past few hours. It’s “Sisterhood of the Oppressed” and “Professional Victims” all over again – or rather, the other way around, since Schlafly has been at this since the ’70s.
That’s some stupid shit right there. Any movement for social change can be accused of that; so can any movement to resist social change. Movements to organize workers can be accused of that; campaigns to end sex trafficking can be accused of that; anything other than a bovine acceptance of whatever the status quo happens to be can be accused of that. Nevertheless it is permissible to look around you and think things could be better and try to make them better.
Being political isn’t the same thing as cultivating an attitude of victimization. Noticing ways that things could be improved is not the same thing as having a chip on your shoulder.
Correct on all counts, but unfortunately...correct on all counts. Activism doesn't necessarily entail cultivating an attitude of victimization, but then, it (or going through the motions of it) doesn't entail NOT doing that either. In all arguments like this, given the number of people involved, you have to begin with the premise that some of them WILL be engaged in the behavior you're so adamant doesn't exist. The question is how many of them are there, and how influential are they to the overall activity of the group? It's only when you've determined that they're a negligible minority that you can safely dismiss them as inconsequential.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

'Sally Strange' has some competition:

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4731

"Police say liberal student activist threatened herself with rape in Facebook hoax, framed conservatives"

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

I can probably guess the answer to this question, but there hasn't been any physical incident or any in-person altercation involving Justin Vacula?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Kareem wrote:I can probably guess the answer to this question, but there hasn't been any physical incident or any in-person altercation involving Justin Vacula?
Apart from his facial hair being an assault upon everything good and decent, not that I'm aware of.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kareem wrote:I can probably guess the answer to this question, but there hasn't been any physical incident or any in-person altercation involving Justin Vacula?
Nope, none, never, as far as the records go. Which is a bit surprising, because I would have punched in the face that asshole who pulled down Justin's xmas banner.

Say what you want about Justin, he has the patience of a saint (whoops).

On an unrelated note, I'm now reading the Science of Discworld IV: Judegment Day by Terry Pratchett, Jack Cohen and Ian Stewart. There are quite a few mentions of Richard Dawkins, but none so far of Myers, Watson, or Benson. Is it a feature, or is it a bug?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Apart from his facial hair being an assault upon everything good and decent, not that I'm aware of.
Oh, right, the mustache...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

justinvacula wrote:'Sally Strange' has some competition:

"Police say liberal student activist threatened herself with rape in Facebook hoax, framed conservatives"
I read about it this very morning. School of FC(n), maybe? Not implying anything... :whistle:

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

I will probably be driving through PA on I81 on the Memorial Day weekend.

I just want to say hear and now that I do not want Justin Vacula to approach me as drive past his town. I will not be able to drive properly if he tries to speak to me as I go down 81 at 65 mph.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Cunning Punt wrote:I will probably be driving through PA on I81 on the Memorial Day weekend.

I just want to say hear and now that I do not want Justin Vacula to approach me as drive past his town. I will not be able to drive properly if he tries to speak to me as I go down 81 at 65 mph.
You got your Jesus on the dashboard
But the Devil's under my hood
You're takin' it down legal, I'm pullin' it up to no good
God is your copilot, I let Satan ride shotgun
You pay a toll to get to Heaven
But on the road to Hell there's none

[youtube]VFn0LXERsqw[/youtube]

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Aneris wrote:
Jack wrote:

In the meantime, you made it onto Aunt Ophelia frontpage of harassment, unsubstantiated of course. She has borrowed our language now and thinks you engage in "endless repetitive smearing"
Sad really.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Competition for what?

You have some evidence or are you just peddling some innuendo?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Steersman wrote:

Competition for what?

http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Stran ... dpress.com

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Haha, Ophelia's has fucking lost it. She thought she needed her own "Page o' Hate" (as a badge of honour I guess) so she made one. Sadly even her so-called "harassment" is less outrageous than her actual claims of harassment. How far down the rabbit hole do you have to go to get that loopy?

By the way, how does this translate to "harassment" in Ophie's mind?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /justy.png

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

On the false rape threat, apparently a FB page was set up by some supporters of Meg Lanker.
Meg Lanker-Simons is innocent we believe what she did was justified and deserves not to be held accountable for her accusations we stand behind you sister
I think this quote really gets inside the mental processes of people who live by threat narratives and victim complexes such as feminism.

When you position yourself as the never-ending victim and someone constantly under threat, you always believe your actions are justified and you should never be held accountable.

Sounds familiar.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Ericb wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

OOOOOooooooh.....Burn.

I love how somebody defending the actions of the woman in question makes the classic argument of "It doesn't matter if the posts were real or not it highlights rape culture"..... Must be a Dillahunty follower.

I think the proper term is pious fraud.
What gets me is that for years of listening to their show, I just remember Matt asking people all the time, "don't you care if your beliefs are true?" an saying that he did care. Until he doesn't. Derp.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I can't imagine why this ad came up on Ophelia's FtB blog:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... a6b00b.png

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

justinvacula wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Competition for what?

Still not proof. As we discussed here at length some time ago, one item of which was that the time interval could have been as much as 2 minutes, not the 1 on which that Phawrongula article was based. The only accusation that would appear to be bullet-proof is one that includes IP addresses - you have some of that?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Badger3k wrote:
Ericb wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

OOOOOooooooh.....Burn.

I love how somebody defending the actions of the woman in question makes the classic argument of "It doesn't matter if the posts were real or not it highlights rape culture"..... Must be a Dillahunty follower.

What gets me is that for years of listening to their show, I just remember Matt asking people all the time, "don't you care if your beliefs are true?" an saying that he did care. Until he doesn't. Derp.
"One sign of insufficient concern for truth is that when such people are given an opportunity to test their more cherished beliefs, they decline it, or apply it too casually, or offer defenses of the beliefs that are weaker than any that these people would accept in other contexts." - Roberts and Wood

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

justinvacula wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Ericb wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

OOOOOooooooh.....Burn.

"One sign of insufficient concern for truth is that when such people are given an opportunity to test their more cherished beliefs, they decline it, or apply it too casually, or offer defenses of the beliefs that are weaker than any that these people would accept in other contexts." - Roberts and Wood
Seems to me that you might also want to consider to what extent that applies to you as well. Cases in point being the accusation against Sally Strange and similar insinuations about Jason Thibeault. Seems to me that you’re a little too quick to read the worst into people’s statements and actions – I think the phrase is “political opportunist” ….

cunt

Post by cunt »

Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Competition for what?

Still not proof. As we discussed here at length some time ago, one item of which was that the time interval could have been as much as 2 minutes, not the 1 on which that Phawrongula article was based. The only accusation that would appear to be bullet-proof is one that includes IP addresses - you have some of that?
Even the timestamp "evidence" is a heap of shit. If you look through the thread, she was online posting another message in the same minute as the threat was made. Not exactly surprising she'd reply immediately to it.

Page needs to be deleted.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

I too came to the conclusion that it was more likely that sally strange just obsessively searches for her name in such situations like Benson et al do as well.

cunt

Post by cunt »

I didn't come to that conclusion.

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: On an unrelated note, I'm now reading the Science of Discworld IV: Judegment Day by Terry Pratchett, Jack Cohen and Ian Stewart. There are quite a few mentions of Richard Dawkins, but none so far of Myers, Watson, or Benson. Is it a feature, or is it a bug?
Terry Pratchett enforcing "The Patriarchy" by promoting his Old White Man buddies. :lol:

Alternatively perhaps it's because they're of no consequence to the world.
Yeah, I'll go for the latter.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

cunt wrote:I didn't come to that conclusion.
"I too" didn't buy the self rape threat. Comment wasn't directed at anyone.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tigzy wrote:Interesting take on SJWism here, which the author refers to as 'Purity Leftism':

http://mattbruenig.com/2012/05/10/purity-leftism/

It does appear to explain a lot of the actual apathy we see from, for example, the A+ crowd: they talk extensively about doing stuff...but in the end, they never really seem do that much at all.
That link was fantastic. I'm not sure why but these inward directed purity leftist remind me of something that the great writer Milan Kundera wrote about kitsch. I couldn't bring it up verbatim on my phone but it goes something like this : "when you see a work of art, you shed two tears. The first is for the work itself. The second tear is for yourself, that you could be so moved by such a work." The purity leftist a are kitschy.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Competition for what?

Even the timestamp "evidence" is a heap of shit. If you look through the thread, she was online posting another message in the same minute as the threat was made. Not exactly surprising she'd reply immediately to it.

Page needs to be deleted.
Agreed – although, given the Pit’s policy about deleting, maybe a retraction, at least, might be more appropriate - assuming the Pit has any responsibility for that site. Doesn’t do the credibility of the Pit any good whatsoever – which is, I think, unfortunate considering more credible values and perspectives. But there are, I think, more than a few other similar “questionable” if not fraudulent accusations that could also be pruned – for example Franc’s accusation that Myers had deleted Skep tickle’s posts in a thread of his.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

d4m10n wrote:Hey ERV, is genomics in your wheelhouse?

Will McCreight be on display as a human/horse hybrid?

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Hunt wrote:I like this part of Swan's post:
On January 22, I sent a four-and-a-half-page letter to Ron Lindsay. Four pages of that letter (plus an additional 11 pdfs) documented the parts of the policy on hostile conduct that Vacula had already declared open contempt for, both with respect to speakers at the conference, potential attendees, the conference itself, and secular conferences in general. Unlike Reinhardt, I’m perfectly comfortable putting my own name on my work.
What the actual fuck? I'm totes hiding my identity here in the 'Pit. No one will ever figure out that “D4M10N” is actually “DAMION” (elite uncrackable code!) or be clever enough to click the links in my sig, or realise that I'm using the same damned profile pic in every fucking forum. I'm a fucking master of disguise, you guys.

Oh and as to *hostile* conduct, there is exactly zero evidence that JV has threatened anyone, unlike, say, Francisco B., Greg L., Josh S., or any of the other frenzied wielders of porcupines and torches. Not to mention their unsubtle threats of employer-doxxing directed at Abbie and Mykeru. The sheer chutzpah on these guys could power a wind-farm for a year.
Looking like a whole pile of “he said; she said”. I realize that, to coin a phrase, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette, but I can’t say that all of the drama is really helping all that much, except maybe to bring things to a head.

However, it would be nice to know precisely what evidence Zvan has for that supposed “hostile conduct” and “open contempt” that Justin is supposedly guilty of. One hopes that Lindsay in effect laughed in her face on viewing that “evidence”.

But I really have to wonder at her “update”:
Update #2: Reinhardt has posted this “solicitation”. Apparently one solicits attendees to complain by mentioning to two non-attendees and the conference organizer in a side conversation most people will never see that if speakers and attendees had concerns that it would be better they be made before Vacula raised a bunch of money and bought his ticket. One does not broadcast said solicitation to, say, people in an actual position to make a complaint.
Apart from wondering how she would have known that Spokesgay and company were “non-attendees” some 4 months ago, one has to ask whether she knows how many people they retweeted, e-mailed, posted, gossiped, or otherwise communicated that message to - speaking of "stochastic terrorism". As for her last sentence – which really doesn’t scan all that well – one has to assume she means Melody who didn’t seem particularly sympathetic to Justin’s right to be at that conference. One might reasonably wonder how Lindsay would view actions that don't look all that "impartial".

Although I have to wonder at this as well:
Also contrary to the story Reinhardt is telling, I didn’t ask for Vacula to be banned. Here’s the last half page of my letter:
Out of curiousity and as a point of reference, did you do so and what evidence did you have if you did?

It would help steffy a lot if she wasn't so dishonest about so many things.

welch

Post by welch »

Guest wrote:
welch wrote:oh yeah. I'm having fun with that on misplaced grace, where now, Oolon is the SME on...me. It is quite interesting to watch "skeptics" completely shit on the concept to gain feminist cred from their group.
so I heard "Just in case you missed John’s point: Women ain’t shit and deserve rape threats, harassment and slander/liberl because women ain’t shit. This is all John ever says. Anywhere. At any time."

IS THIS AS TRUE AS IT TOTALLY SOUNDS?????????

Oh yeah. Bynkii.com. Nothing but misogyny since 2003

cunt

Post by cunt »

I'm not sure that wikis have any responsibility to keep up obvious bullshit.

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
welch wrote:
sacha wrote:
not at all uncommon. Many successful and powerful CEOs are known to spend time with a Dominatrix.

I could go into detail about the psychology here, but instead let me just tell you that it is a rare man who understands what I want. Many exhibit submissive behaviour in response to my confidence.
Never quite understood that.
which? or both?
The assuming that a confident woman wants a submissive partner. I've never found that to be true, in fact, my experience shows the exact opposite to be true, that a confident woman wants a confident partner who are fully functional adults, not overly large children who need taking care of.

karlaporter

The Real Deal

Post by karlaporter »

I asked Justin Vacula to agree to allow me to interview him, no holds barred, no questions off limit. My thought is that if people knew him aside of this Internet war they would find he is a likable enough guy. So, get ready to learn things you never knew about JV. This was totally MY idea, this is not about 'self-promotion' - it's about getting to know people outside of the issues, for who they really are. He flipped this idea right on me and said "then you'll be next". I'm quite private when it comes to my personal life so at first I declined, saying I felt it would be too invasive. And then I took the challenge. I'm always asking show guests questions about themselves - why should I have special exemption? What's good for the goose is good for the gander! Anyway, here are the details... I hope you'll consider tuning in. XO

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... la-porter/

welch

Post by welch »

Aneris wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
other people wrote:[...] {something about 'cunt', again} [...]
You seem desperate to escape the point that in Britain 'cunt' has a different definition. You slipped the US definition in and hoped nobody would notice.
I wonder why this is important for anyone. Sure, the "other side" is quite anal about it. However look at it this way: Let's say tomorrow everyone agrees that its really one of the bad werdz. Meanwhile in the parallel universe everyone agrees that it's merely an insult. Alright and then? Whatever comes out, neither of it says anything about the mindset of a person (which I thought is kind of the point, dealing with idiots that take everything as a character test to draw wild assumptions in order to demonize and feed their own narrative). But, there is certainly a correlation between vocabulary and milieu and it might be one of those terms that indicate (in some cultures) that a person belongs to a particular one.
I think you sort of answered your own question: to cut the legs out from under those “wild assumptions” used to demonize others and feed their own narratives. For instance, Jadehawk is quite sure that “cunt” and the like qualifies as a “slur” which is, apparently, defined in her and the FfTB lexicon as being automatically applicable to an entire class, even though there’s not a shred of evidence for the claim in any dictionary I’ve looked through. The only type of word that I know that that mechanism might apply to are ones like “murder”, and “rapist” where the opprobrium is, by definition, applicable to every individual in the class.

Yet she, and Zvan and many of her ilk, use that as some sort of carte blanche to insult their interlocutors while denying others the right to return the favour. Bunch of gutless wonders.
I agree. Before it became a trench war with sides getting stuck in the mud, their wordplay looked all about "being right" and not at all about any social issue. When I still discussed at FfTB/Pharyngula, I noticed several language games that came across as a power fantasy of them. In essence, they invented ever new allegations with the clear intention to have the target show submission to them (alternatively, get them ejected). They would attack on the mildest reason and blow it out of proportion, and then extort apologies and the like from their targets. Otherwise, if a new user would approach already submissive, ideally with a sexist confession story, they would welcome them.

But you know my pet theory about Pharyngula. They are people who want to be right, and want to show off their knowledge. The way to do that was historically to find a Creationist (i.e. someone who is wrong by default) to use as a foil in order to peacock with biology knowledge, to get positive strokes from peers, and thereby improve social standing within the ingroup. When that dried up, and the topic shifted towards social justice issue, they had to find a new way to achieve the same. Ultimately, in my opinion it doesn't matter how they identify a usable foil.

Someone set that idea, and others have picked it up since then, and yet others disagreed and continue to disagree. Because it is arbitrary and a game, I don't really see how this can be resolved. Nobody will change their mind about the issue, because, in my opinion, there is no issue. It's a game.
What they generally are is intolerant of disagreement. Oh, they tolerate minor oscillations on things, but actual full-on disagreement, regardless of tone is simply verboten.

This was illustrated rather ably during "Pepsigate". If you read that, including the reactions to Abbie's posts, and esp. PeeZus's posts about it, you pretty much clearly see the setup for what PeeZus et al have become. The foundation is there. Same thing with how they deal with creationists.

I am not a "mild" person when it comes to calling people out on bullshit. But, i get off the bus at this full-on attack of anyone who is a non-atheist, or vice-versa. It's why I really refuse to define my relationship with the universe for others. (I talked about this at some length on Reap's podcast.) That, and it's really no one's business but mine.

Many of my friends here in Tally are theists. Others are not. It makes no difference to me. They are people I consider my friends, and I don't use their (a)theistic views as some kind of moronic litmus test, as PeeZus insists one must do. I see all sides of that scale being both generous and douchey, and honestly, the specific belief, or lack thereof is not a huge determining factor. Gervais is dead right about that.

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:If your comment starts with "Oolon, thanks for the info", it's a very bad start indeed. And getting your info from one single group of people without further inquiry won't help you understand what's going on. Skepticism 101.

Whatever happened to real skeptics? Oh, right, they either don't give a clam, or they come to the Pit. Or they don't gice a clam and still come to the Pit (hi!)
I've learned that the best way to manage oolon is to, as much as humanly possible, not even acknowledge his presence. I find that's the fastest way, bar none to get rid of the little turd. He's simply incapable of original thought, so If you give him nothing to react to, he's done, and quickly.

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Pitchguest wrote:Haha, Ophelia's has fucking lost it. She thought she needed her own "Page o' Hate" (as a badge of honour I guess) so she made one. Sadly even her so-called "harassment" is less outrageous than her actual claims of harassment. How far down the rabbit hole do you have to go to get that loopy?

By the way, how does this translate to "harassment" in Ophie's mind?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /justy.png
Did you notice the URL extension is "justy.png"? She reamed me out for using her name in what she considered to be the diminutive form. Play fair!

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Yes. I remember that. She also sent him an uninvited, sexually graphic (erect cock), sexually violent (sharp claws grabbing a penis), bestiality containing, ascii picture of a "penis bird". You see, it's totally ok when she does the type of sexual harrassment which she's always pretending people are doing to her. She included quotes of things Coffee Loving Skeptic had said in the past which she didn't like, followed by the penis bird which was her response to it - sending sexually graphic and violent imagery uninvited to someone!
I hope you're being hyperbolic there. "Violent imagery"? Really? Come on, let's not stoop to the SJW level. (and yes, I'm almost sure you are being hyperbolic).
Most certainly hyperbole, but in *their* eyes it would be. I'm sure if one of us had sent them an ASCII of a bird grasping an erect cock with its claws that they'd go straight to harassment.
fap fap fap

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

LurkerPerson wrote:That is some weird fucking list. Why all the title bannings, like Mayor and Prince and Princess? Are they afraid people will pass themselves off as royalty? Why would they ban Lucifer and Christ but not Jesus? Because otherwise they'd have had to ban Mohammed as well?
There would also be quite the discontent with Spanish / Latino immigrants named or wanting to name their baby boys Jesus.

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:a cunt and his iphone

H/T franc

That cunt. Jesus, i am SO happy that his cunty fucking application and his cunty fucking company got fined 800 thousand dollars because the stupid cunt doesn't give a fuck about other people's data, and that the stupid cunt has to again apologize for his cunty "you must opt-OUT so my cunty application doesn't spam you're entire fucking address book with cunty bullshit."

If I read that a hobo beat him flat with both his fucking iPhones, I'd donate to the hobo's defense fund.

welch

Post by welch »

DownThunder wrote:On the false rape threat, apparently a FB page was set up by some supporters of Meg Lanker.
Meg Lanker-Simons is innocent we believe what she did was justified and deserves not to be held accountable for her accusations we stand behind you sister
I think this quote really gets inside the mental processes of people who live by threat narratives and victim complexes such as feminism.

When you position yourself as the never-ending victim and someone constantly under threat, you always believe your actions are justified and you should never be held accountable.

Sounds familiar.
Short version:

END JUSTIFIESS THE MEANS

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Steers and cunt, what page needs to be deleted?

If you are referring to the Phawrongula page where Strange states how she found some rape jokes at The Onion funny, and then a few weeks later says that finding humour in assault is fucked up, those were her words verbatim.

Also, that Pharwrongula page says nothing whatsoever about the kerfuffle at TFoots place about the self-rape stuff.

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:
sacha wrote:
welch wrote:
sacha wrote:
not at all uncommon. Many successful and powerful CEOs are known to spend time with a Dominatrix.

I could go into detail about the psychology here, but instead let me just tell you that it is a rare man who understands what I want. Many exhibit submissive behaviour in response to my confidence.
Never quite understood that.
which? or both?
The assuming that a confident woman wants a submissive partner. I've never found that to be true, in fact, my experience shows the exact opposite to be true, that a confident woman wants a confident partner who are fully functional adults, not overly large children who need taking care of.
indeed. If I wanted a child, I would have had one, and there are few behaviours less attractive than being put up on a pedestal by a sychophant.

confidence is sexy... a wise and experienced man who is confident and dominant in bed is Shangri-la for sacha.

They are few and far between

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Just a bit of levity for you all at the expense of Westboro Baptist: