Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
JackSkeptic

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by JackSkeptic »

Scented Nectar wrote:Ok, I'm just gonna sit back and wait for all the cockquake pics to be posted. May I suggest that you all photograph (or video) them when they are in a good mood - erect?

signed,
Lecherous Nectar, Penis Objectifier and OM (Order of the 'Member').
Not gonna happen, unless you do us another one of your nice youtube videos, then we will see. You got a microscope?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Figured it out!!!

All the FfTBers, etc., have visited the brain slug planet...

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

cunt wrote:
Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:
Submariner wrote:One good thing PeeZuss did was the courtier's reply. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtier%27s_Reply
and then he started using it constantly
The few times I have seen PMZ in discussions he seems incapable of thinking on his feet. Rather than do what the rest of us would, make excuses or try and change the subject, he goes into heavy abuse mode. That guarantees his opponent wins no matter how bad their own argument is.

With debating skills like that I would never want him anywhere near my 'team'.

Here is an example with a very irritating presuppositionalist apologetics advocate talking to PMZ at the Reason Rally. Now there is no reason why he should be polite but the issue here is that he has strictly not answered the question (it is a trick one and his answer uses the reasoning that is the subject of the question) and gets angry rather than walking away. Again, it is fine to get angry but as soon as you use very abusive words you lose the audience. This is nothing to do with the questioner either, it is to do with anyone listening in later which they certainly will do. The Questioner, Sy Ten, is a lot smarter, he stays calm and goads PMZ knowing her will get an easy win. And he did.
Sy Ten always gets an "easy win". He uses an incredibly disingenuous line of questioning specifically designed to get that (at least in the eyes of his intended audience) no matter what happens. He's doesn't care that other people can see straight through what he's doing. He only cares that the fuckwits are going to keep buying his shitty DVDs. People don't watch his videos because they're on the fence one way or the other.
Contrast that to others who spoke to the same guy, such as Randi and Thunderfoot and the difference is marked.
Well. Ok. The talk with Randi is arranged slightly beforehand and he actively agrees to take part in it. They walk over to a quieter spot and begin the "interview". The talk with Myers comes about when the guy grabs PZ the moment he finishes an interview with somebody else. So that's a difference.

Randi though, similarly tells the guy to fuck off when he finally gets to that line of questioning. Alright he didn't use nasty words. He just calls it juvenile and quickly ends the "interview", but guess what? The end result is the same "easy win" for the creationist: "hurr hurr, mr. smarty pants atheist can't answer my super reasonable line of reasoning reasonableness, so he has to run away. Guess god created the world in 6 days after all u guys. Buy my DVDs".

Real marked difference there from: "hurr hurr, mr. smarty pants atheist can't answer my super reasonable line of reasoning reasonableness, so he has to swear and run away. Guess god created the world in 6 days after all u guys. Buy my DVDs".
I do not know why PMZ and his commentators are so extremely offensive and divisive all the time. It indicates an intellectual weakness and inability to reason. It is probably why he has lost so many friends, as he himself claims. I would not personally like to be associated with someone like that.
No it doesn't. The only things that indicates an inability to reason are repeated attempts that fail miserably. Also, you wouldn't personally like to be associated with someone who is offensive and divisive? Uh...

http://i.imgur.com/z33qS2T.jpg
So anyone from FtB please learn to chill out, judge your words more carefully, use logic and reason where appropriate and stop treating everyone who disagrees with you as rapists and murderers. Until you do that I will continue to not take your points of view seriously. You are highly damaging to any cause you profess to believe in and it is one of many reasons you are often pictured as a bunch of clowns.

[youtube]oIp9OGnnfrA[/youtube]
I'm sure they're extremely bothered that you, or I, don't take them as seriously as they take themselves.

Ah fuck, I hate sticking up for Myers.
I was talking about the words he was using not his attitude. I said twice it is fine if the guy hacks him off as he hacks everyone off. Sy Ten went on the Magic Sandwhich Show (with his disciple, Hovind)and he was infuriating but no one had to come across as highly aggressive to make their point.

As to who I associate with there is a difference with people who use swear words in conversation as expletives and those that routinely use them as fillers intended for maximum offence when they can't think of something to say. The former I have no issue with at all, the later type of person I will avoid.

As to 'followers' I disagree. I visit websites where someone will come on promoting someone like Sy Ten or Craig and while explaining and arguing against their position the last thing I want is someone like PMZ seemingly losing the argument and being deeply offensive while doing so.

He can behave how he wishes but I will also judge him for his behaviour when he claims to be a leader and therefore spokesman in the atheist movement.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jack wrote: I was talking about the words he was using not his attitude. I said twice it is fine if the guy hacks him off as he hacks everyone off. Sy Ten went on the Magic Sandwhich Show (with his disciple, Hovind)and he was infuriating but no one had to come across as highly aggressive to make their point.

As to who I associate with there is a difference with people who use swear words in conversation as expletives and those that routinely use them as fillers intended for maximum offence when they can't think of something to say. The former I have no issue with at all, the later type of person I will avoid.

As to 'followers' I disagree. I visit websites where someone will come on promoting someone like Sy Ten or Craig and while explaining and arguing against their position the last thing I want is someone like PMZ seemingly losing the argument and being deeply offensive while doing so.

He can behave how he wishes but I will also judge him for his behaviour when he claims to be a leader and therefore spokesman in the atheist movement.
Peezus has always been terrible at one-on-one-debates. Even debating creationists he comes across as professorial - and boring - rather than informative and entertaining.
With moderate religious apologists and atheist accomodationists, two groups who tend to be fairly intelligent, he is lost at sea. He just doesn't seem to be able to think on his feet and when he is deprived of the easy escape route of flinging insults at his opponents he has no plan B.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

http://i.imgur.com/KY05OvX.jpg

OK, which one of you bastards has been shapeshifting?

Ophelia Benson, the David Icke of atheism.

http://img.wikinut.com/img/16da6jx08rkv ... -art..jpeg

cunt

Post by cunt »

I was talking about the words he was using not his attitude. I said twice it is fine if the guy hacks him off as he hacks everyone off. Sy Ten went on the Magic Sandwhich Show (with his disciple, Hovind)and he was infuriating but no one had to come across as highly aggressive to make their point.
Yes, he came on it. As in, they invited him or otherwise arranged it with him. They're going to look like fucking assholes if they agree to that and then start swearing at him for turning up. A lot of the stuff you're saying about offensiveness only works in situations like that. Formal invited debates. Its just not applicable to situations where a creationist fuck-head attempts to corner you irl.
He "lost" the argument in the exact same way that Randi "lost" the argument. By walking away. Unless you're prepared to patiently explain, for hours, the history and philosophy of science to that prat. even as he interrupts you every 30 seconds to repeat himself.. you will lose. Shit, if you're arguing with people who think that Myers use of "motherfucker" is a devastating blow that totally fucks up the rationalist worldview..

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/KY05OvX.jpg

OK, which one of you bastards has been shapeshifting?

Ophelia Benson, the David Icke of atheism.

http://img.wikinut.com/img/16da6jx08rkv ... -art..jpeg
That got me curious and I had a look at David Icke's twitter account. Couldn't find any references to lizard-people but the crazy is bubbling away beneath the surface.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Anybody who bad-mouths David Icke is obviously in the pay of the lizard-people.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Anybody who bad-mouths David Icke is obviously in the pay of the lizard-people.
[youtube]uLaOV0YKDkk[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Anybody who bad-mouths David Icke is obviously in the pay of the lizard-people.
[youtube]uLaOV0YKDkk[/youtube]
Pitchshifter. Like the Prodigy crossed with Faith No More.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Ok, I'm just gonna sit back and wait for all the cockquake pics to be posted. May I suggest that you all photograph (or video) them when they are in a good mood - erect?

signed,
Just for you:
http://gabbywild.files.wordpress.com/20 ... ltruis.jpg
Hmm, naked mole rats are NOT what I had in mind, no matter how nice, intact and happy their 'foreskins' look. :lol:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Has Greta explained yet why she decided to use the name 'Abby' as the name of the college student who gets raped in one of her stories?

Imagine if one of us had done the same, writing a rape fantasy where the victim is named Ophelia, Rebecca or Stephanie!
Are you issuing a challenge? Because I can take Greta's BDSM erotica, change the names from "Abby" to "Rebecca", and then send them back to see what they would say about that.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Jack wrote:

signed,
Not gonna happen, unless you do us another one of your nice youtube videos, then we will see. You got a microscope?
My youtubes and blogging are mostly on hold until the end of the month (approx). I'm finally wrapping up some things before I'm more fully retired, afterwhich I'll be less distracted and more able to lose myself much more fully into the internet as one of my main hobbies. Rants, and who knows what else.

As for that microscope, I think I've had my fill of seeing micro-penises with The Amazing Atheist's oil video. At the risk of TMI, I'm a bit of a size pig when it comes to penises. I have an extra fondness for large ones. Not that there's anything wrong with smaller ones sometimes, but... what can I say? Some men like big boobs, and some women like big dicks. And vice versa etc whatever. :)

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Jack wrote:

signed,
My youtubes and blogging are mostly on hold until the end of the month (approx). I'm finally wrapping up some things before I'm more fully retired, afterwhich I'll be less distracted and more able to lose myself much more fully into the internet as one of my main hobbies. Rants, and who knows what else.

As for that microscope, I think I've had my fill of seeing micro-penises with The Amazing Atheist's oil video. At the risk of TMI, I'm a bit of a size pig when it comes to penises. I have an extra fondness for large ones. Not that there's anything wrong with smaller ones sometimes, but... what can I say? Some men like big boobs, and some women like big dicks. And vice versa etc whatever. :)
I'm a big dick. As anyone here, they will vouch for me. Does that count?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

As=Ask=I'm a dick.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I was asked by one of the radfemhub separatists how much men pay me to make videos against feminism.

So, what I want to know is, is this true? When can I expect my first payment and how much will it be for? I've also been told I'm doing it to get dates (and I assume sex), so I also want to know is when do those perks start happening too?

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia has not only gone off the deep end but, reading her current Twitter fight with Atheist Ireland's, Derek Walsh, has managed to hijack the Trieste and is currently plumbing the Mariana Trench of stupidity, self-pity and malicious rumor-mongering.

https://twitter.com/funkyderek
Here's a better link showing the conversation:

Wow Ophelia! Better make sure no wind-up-merchants or trolls find out about your hysterical aversion to the word cunt or they might, ya know, call you a cunt just to get you mad.
"To make a cunt it takes a cobweb and a cuntee,
A cunt, and a cuntee
And reverie
The cunt alone will do
If the cobwebs are few

Cunt, cunt, cunt
The glorious womanly cavern
Receptacle to pricks, and tongues
And fingers (and arms!)

Ophelia doesn't like cunts, but I'd say
The cunt is very neat
Cunt, cunt, cunt
You go and finger a cunt,
Happy the cunt you make

But take care, because the cunt
You make a prune mad
'Cause the cunt is evil and brunt
And hers smell really bad"

(Southern, "A cunt makes Ophelia mad")

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Jack wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Jack wrote:

signed,

I'm a big dick. As anyone here, they will vouch for me. Does that count?
It'll have to count. I don't think anyone will be actually posting their dick pics here anyways. :)

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

ShadowOfTheWickerman wrote:http://skeptifem.blogspot.com/2011/07/i ... aitor.html
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4457

Remember, ladies, if you try to be agreeable towards men, you are a gender traitor.
This reminds me of an episode of The Boondocks about the N-word, particularly what a cartoon version of Bill Cosby said during it:

"I don't think black people should ever use racist words when describing other black people. And if you DO, then you're a Sambo, and a Coon."

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Interesting comments on PZ's thread about Angelina Jolie.

One commentator suggests she has gone from "zero to hero" after her masectomy. WHY? Why was she a "zero" before her masectomy, then suddenly a "hero"? Sounds like somebody is talking out of their poot shute.

Also, one commentator takes issue at PZ's insinuation that breasts are not important. So far, most of the Baboons are siding with PZ. You can imagine the fuss if Dawkins insinuated the same thing.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Also, one commentator takes issue at PZ's insinuation that breasts are not important. So far, most of the Baboons are siding with PZ. You can imagine the fuss if Dawkins insinuated the same thing.
Looking at the post, I think Peez is attempting to say that looks - rather than breasts specifically - are no real importance when it comes to dealing with a high likelihood of cancer:
Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.

That’s strong and smart. She hasn’t lost anything of any importance.
However, the way he's phrased it is both extremely clumsy and crass, and a woman who has had a mastectomy would certainly be entitled to feel chagrined at it. In any case, I'm pretty sure it wasn't his intent( ;) ) to suggest that women's breasts are unimportant.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Comment 34 from Pharyngula:
I see that since the patriarchy has decided that it’s important for women have breasts that men can oogle, that people are going to try and utilize that as a Gotcha.
Concern troll is concerned.
Anyone know when the patriarchy decided this, exactly? Were minutes taken?

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

Maybe he's just hit on a speculation point that she'll get some fake replacements as soon as these current stitches heal.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Zero - She was an incredibly highly paid movie-star who made a shit load of money based on how attractive men find her.
Hero - Men obviously can't find her attractive now. Because, tits. We're dumb. Not PZ though.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Have to say, the title of Peez's Jolie post is pretty...well, weird: 'Angeline Jolie just became an even more interesting person'

Here that girls? Go through the trauma of having to face cancer and opt for a double mastectomy - it'll make you more interesting! Don't be like those women who hardly ever suffer - they're just boring.

Mask slipping again, eh Peez?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jonathan wrote:Comment 34 from Pharyngula:
I see that since the patriarchy has decided that it’s important for women have breasts that men can oogle, that people are going to try and utilize that as a Gotcha.
Male to female trans goes in for transitioning surgery. 'Oh, don't worry about having the tits,' the doc tells her. 'They're not important.'

No, not a potential SJW shitstorm there at all. Tits are just impedimenta of the patriarchy, dontchaknow?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Obviously we should permanently alter your flesh just because you asked. That's like, way more easy than seeing first if you have deep seated mental issues and attempting to resolve them. Making sure you're sure is just another way the establishment disrespects women and ignores the kyriarchial structures of oppression and blah blah blah.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Because Real Women Don't Wear Dresses

PZ, you are really the voice of our generation. Dumbass.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Have to say, the title of Peez's Jolie post is pretty...well, weird: 'Angeline Jolie just became an even more interesting person'

Here that girls? Go through the trauma of having to face cancer and opt for a double mastectomy - it'll make you more interesting! Don't be like those women who hardly ever suffer - they're just boring.

Mask slipping again, eh Peez?
It does sound rather sinister given the subject at hand. I wouldn't call Angelina Jolie anymore interesting than before the op but given that she had an 80% risk of tit cancer I'd definitely call her pragmatic.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Also, one commentator takes issue at PZ's insinuation that breasts are not important. So far, most of the Baboons are siding with PZ. You can imagine the fuss if Dawkins insinuated the same thing.
Looking at the post, I think Peez is attempting to say that looks - rather than breasts specifically - are no real importance when it comes to dealing with a high likelihood of cancer:
Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.

That’s strong and smart. She hasn’t lost anything of any importance.
However, the way he's phrased it is both extremely clumsy and crass, and a woman who has had a mastectomy would certainly be entitled to feel chagrined at it. In any case, I'm pretty sure it wasn't his intent( ;) ) to suggest that women's breasts are unimportant.
Its still fairly assinine. I know several women who have undergone double mastectomies. They have all considered it a traumatic experience. The ones whom I am close enough to that they have talked about it in more detail with me would certainly be upset by the minimization of their experience as, "choos[ing] to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics[sic]." While in the end, it is an accurate description of what they did, presenting it as the obvious and easy choice is very contrary to their experience. (At least as they have described it to me.)

But WTF do I know, maybe my friends are all sleeper-agents for the Patriarchy and only told me of their issues to reinforce to me that boobies are for staring at.

cunt

Post by cunt »

It's interesting because she's just thrown away her career as an actress. Because guys follow gossip magazines, know about this stuff, and give a humungous shit if the tits are fake.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I found Jolie's action and statements very commendable! But the issue is obviously not natural breasts. Since when did that ever matter in the beauty, film, celebrity industry. SRSRLY.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/lmdUieA.jpg

Feminism - the radical notion that discussion is a bad thing.
Another quality improbable argument. He conveniently avoids one of the goals of 'reconciliation' from the Pit point of view, which far from sweeping the dreaded harassment under the rug, is to challenge the self-threateners to try to substantiate their claims of harassment and threat.

As far as Ophelia muttering about not wanting to talk to people who called her a cunt, which I don't personally recall that I have, she might like to ponder the fact that she actually directly accused Mykeru of wanting to MURDER someone. Now I don't for a moment think that anybody on either side is genuinely trying to get anyone hurt by proxy, but what is more likely to get that done, calling people intellectually dishonest ideologues, cunts etc. and making photoshops, or calling people murderers, 'stochastic terrorists' and subhuman?

welch

Post by welch »

Scented Nectar wrote:
I was asked by one of the radfemhub separatists how much men pay me to make videos against feminism.

So, what I want to know is, is this true? When can I expect my first payment and how much will it be for? I've also been told I'm doing it to get dates (and I assume sex), so I also want to know is when do those perks start happening too?

Yeah, we lied to you about that.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Tony Parsehole wrote:
justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/gMBqw71.jpg

News for the usual suspects on FTB, Skepchick, and A+
What a steaming pile of sanctimonious shit.

A) How in the blue fuck would you know whether a person online is using their real name or not? If I post as Michael Richards from Nevada how the fuck would anybody online know that's as fabricated as Tony Parsehole?
B) Why are we stopping at "real names and photos"? Why not addresses and GPS locations? Oh, and phone numbers. Home phone numbers.
C) What's to stop somebody from using the identity (name, photo and address)s of an IRL enemy in order to stir shit for them online?

What a load of old wank and a blatantly obvious way to claim some kind of moral high-ground. Using your "real name" online is fucking pointless.
I live half a world away from these sanctimonious fucks. What will my real name tell them about me? What will it add to any dialogue? I don't have an atheist blog or website and I have nothing to gain by self promotion like some do. The only thing that they could do with my identity is to mess with my business, which is hardly unprecedented with these jokers.

welch

Post by welch »

Kareem wrote:
ShadowOfTheWickerman wrote:http://skeptifem.blogspot.com/2011/07/i ... aitor.html
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4457

Remember, ladies, if you try to be agreeable towards men, you are a gender traitor.
This reminds me of an episode of The Boondocks about the N-word, particularly what a cartoon version of Bill Cosby said during it:

"I don't think black people should ever use racist words when describing other black people. And if you DO, then you're a Sambo, and a Coon."
My favorite episode of Boondocks was the one with the "Don't trust that nigger over there" song. Aaron McGruder is fucking awesome.

Post by Guest »

ShadowOfTheWickerman wrote:
Hunt wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... l-carcass/

Could we get some resources on the matter of misogynistic bears, please? Also note the not-so-subtle comparison between Haitian men and animals. I would call it borderline racist, except that knowing Benson's particular dementia, she obviously means to brand all men by it.

This woman has obviously gone off the deep end. She's now seeing patriarchy in Discovery nature shows.
Benson wrote:I watched quite a good show on the Discovery Channel last night
snip
Pitiless Nature.
Well, shit, "the patriarchy" must be the natural, normal order of things, then.
That's the great bear stakeout (BBC documentary narrated by Billy Connolly.) It's part 2 of the two part-er. Good job she didn't see part one with the mother bear suicidally swimming out to sea and losing one of her male cubs to try and get food away from the bay.

Essentially, in species where Big males fight for dominance, females get less food, they also need less food.

Humans, as essentially monogamous non- harem based breeders have a very different dynamic. Parallels cannot be drawn.

welch

Post by welch »

Sorry, my bad. I let the cat put that one in. He was giving me the cute face.

windy

Post by windy »

Hunt wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... l-carcass/

Could we get some resources on the matter of misogynistic bears, please? Also note the not-so-subtle comparison between Haitian men and animals. I would call it borderline racist, except that knowing Benson's particular dementia, she obviously means to brand all men by it.

This woman has obviously gone off the deep end. She's now seeing patriarchy in Discovery nature shows.
Benson wrote:One unfortunate seal got into shallow water and was surrounded by bears so couldn’t get out again, and a female killed it and carried it off. The biggest male followed her, she tried to outrun him for a bit but when that didn’t work she just gave up. The male buried the seal on the beach…at low tide. (The tv crew wryly noted that he had more brawn than brains.) The tide came in, and next morning the seal was gone. The male bear sniffed around the burial spot, and considered killing the tv crew in case they’d done it, and then wandered off and went fishing. Then the seal carcass washed up and a different female, with a cub, found it. A different male came ambling up to take it away from her, and she fought him. The tv crew advised against this, and after he knocked her around a bit she did give up. That’s life with the bears.
The tv crew advised the bear??

Wait till OB learns about sexually selected infanticide in nature, that's hardcore patriarchy...

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

I think you'd slipped off to the bathroom when the actual vote took place.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

welch wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

*grumble* I should have gotten it in writing. :cry:

ThreeFlangedJavis

cunt wrote:
Yes, he came on it. As in, they invited him or otherwise arranged it with him. They're going to look like fucking assholes if they agree to that and then start swearing at him for turning up. A lot of the stuff you're saying about offensiveness only works in situations like that. Formal invited debates. Its just not applicable to situations where a creationist fuck-head attempts to corner you irl.
He "lost" the argument in the exact same way that Randi "lost" the argument. By walking away. Unless you're prepared to patiently explain, for hours, the history and philosophy of science to that prat. even as he interrupts you every 30 seconds to repeat himself.. you will lose. Shit, if you're arguing with people who think that Myers use of "motherfucker" is a devastating blow that totally fucks up the rationalist worldview..
Disagree. Overt anger adds to the perception that one feels defeated. Walking away more calmly leaves the door open a bit more for the audience to consider your reasons for doing do. Besides, you look less of a spoiled child.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

PZM wrote:Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.
I found this highlighted (by me) statement incredibly dumb. Since when is it a logical conclusion that atheist ==> rational? (Not that I criticise Jolie's decision.)

Oh, I forgot: he recently divorced scepticism and now has only atheism to fall back on. But atheism is bitch, PZ.

And it must chagrin Myers deeply that Jolie doesn't give a fuck what he thinks.

welch

Post by welch »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:

Another quality improbable argument. He conveniently avoids one of the goals of 'reconciliation' from the Pit point of view, which far from sweeping the dreaded harassment under the rug, is to challenge the self-threateners to try to substantiate their claims of harassment and threat.

As far as Ophelia muttering about not wanting to talk to people who called her a cunt, which I don't personally recall that I have, she might like to ponder the fact that she actually directly accused Mykeru of wanting to MURDER someone. Now I don't for a moment think that anybody on either side is genuinely trying to get anyone hurt by proxy, but what is more likely to get that done, calling people intellectually dishonest ideologues, cunts etc. and making photoshops, or calling people murderers, 'stochastic terrorists' and subhuman?
Fuck, who cares about reconciliation? If they go to the dirt, raving about us unto the last, if they spit their last breath at me, it matters not at fucking all. They can hate me and mine unto the tenth generation, it will matter not at all.

This is about people being hypocritical lying cockfaces while claiming moral, ethical, and intellectual superiority for it. If they stopped all that shit tomorrow, I'd be happy as hell. It's the only reason I give the nanofuck about them I do.

welch

Post by welch »

Scented Nectar wrote:
welch wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

*grumble* I should have gotten it in writing. :cry:
We'd just invoke the privilege clause.

welch

Post by welch »

Eskarina wrote:
PZM wrote:Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.
I found this highlighted (by me) statement incredibly dumb. Since when is it a logical conclusion that atheist ==> rational? (Not that I criticise Jolie's decision.)

Oh, I forgot: he recently divorced scepticism and now has only atheism to fall back on. But atheism is bitch, PZ.

And it must chagrin Myers deeply that Jolie doesn't give a fuck what he thinks.
I was thinking that as well. Ophelia may be an atheist, but rationality left her long before skepticism left PeeZus.

windy

Post by windy »

Scented Nectar wrote:

Due to your long service to the patriarchy, you have been awarded a few dates!

http://canigivemybaby.com/wp-content/up ... -dates.jpg

cunt

Post by cunt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
cunt wrote:
Disagree. Overt anger adds to the perception that one feels defeated. Walking away more calmly leaves the door open a bit more for the audience to consider your reasons for doing do. Besides, you look less of a spoiled child.
Nobody i've seen so far has walked away calmly from that discussion. It's frustrating bullshit by design. The fact that you're walking away.... that's supposed to mean "haha, u mad. we win".

I'd still love to know who you think the audience is for these videos though. Do you imagine there's a load of neutral people out there who are on the fence about creationism, that hearing Myers use a swear word will push them right over the edge?

ThreeFlangedJavis

welch wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:

Fuck, who cares about reconciliation? If they go to the dirt, raving about us unto the last, if they spit their last breath at me, it matters not at fucking all. They can hate me and mine unto the tenth generation, it will matter not at all.

This is about people being hypocritical lying cockfaces while claiming moral, ethical, and intellectual superiority for it. If they stopped all that shit tomorrow, I'd be happy as hell. It's the only reason I give the nanofuck about them I do.
Fuck reconciliation. That's why I put the word in the the little quote thingies. I just think it would better on balance not to get a reputation as a knuckle dragging psycho thanks to FTB.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I wonder......IF Jolie goes out and buys a nice pair of silicone tits will that make her less interesting to PZ?

Sudden Clarity Clarence .jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

welch wrote:

Man, I wish I'd wrote that.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Fuck reconciliation. That's why I put the word in the the little quote thingies. I just think it would better on balance not to get a reputation as a knuckle dragging psycho thanks to FTB.
Who isn't a knuckle-dragging psycho in their eyes? :P

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I wonder......IF Jolie goes out and buys a nice pair of silicone tits will that make her less interesting to PZ?

As I understand it, she already has implants,

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Eskarina wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:I wonder......IF Jolie goes out and buys a nice pair of silicone tits will that make her less interesting to PZ?

Do you mean before the operation or straight after the op she had implants put in?

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

Do you mean before the operation or straight after the op she had implants put in?
I don't know about before the op, but now she has implants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22520720

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Eskarina wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

I don't know about before the op, but now she has implants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22520720
Cheers. I'll edit my question to:
I wonder......Now that Angelina Jolie goes has bought a nice pair of silicone tits does that make her less interesting to PZ?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Don't care. Jolie will always be hot as fuck.

[youtube]HR9uzRTAqSc[/youtube]

ThreeFlangedJavis

cunt wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
cunt wrote:
Nobody i've seen so far has walked away calmly from that discussion. It's frustrating bullshit by design. The fact that you're walking away.... that's supposed to mean "haha, u mad. we win".

I'd still love to know who you think the audience is for these videos though. Do you imagine there's a load of neutral people out there who are on the fence about creationism, that hearing Myers use a swear word will push them right over the edge?
There are probably people other than the intended audience who are going to watch it, and yes, there may well be people who are genuinely looking for answers. Teenagers starting to doubt, for instance. I don't say that not swearing or being unemotional will itself convince anyone of anything. What I am saying is that reacting emotionally only plays to people who already agree with you and is usually off-putting to others, others including people who might be open to persuasion. In a nutshell, give people as little reason as possible to close their minds to what you are saying and it doesn't help to look like a sore loser. You get nowhere presupposing that nobody will be receptive to your message.

I can't think of anyone who bolsters the angry fundie atheist image the way Myers does. Yes, I know we will be portrayed that way anyway, but we can at least try not to play the part.

Matt Cavanaugh

Yemmy-fisting

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Observations on that edgy gas-bag, Yemmy:

1) "What are Anti-Atheists+ afraid of" she asks. I dunno. You tell me, Yemmy-Lenin:
"I would definitely think it is important that whenever a discrimination is made ... it would be my duty and responsibility to point this out and if the group failed to change, those of us with same values can organize to change the group or form a better one.

"it could also cause me to organise a revolution within the group to force it to acknowledge its defects and yes, also mobilize a subgroup to signal that we stand for much more than the default group."

2) Regarding the poetry: banal doggerel.

3)
"we have formally abandoned antiquated Latin words, these only look pompous and have no added value .... Other than giving one the false impression of ‘elitist’, it really is an obsolete baggage that is no longer appealing to the new generation who have no complex issue."
My own latin's none too good, but I think the legal term for this is dicetur ex culo.

4)
"I identify with Black feminists groups, African labour groups, Labor women organizations, LGBT Atheists, African bisexuals, Black Atheists groups, Working class Atheists, Secular humanists and female workers groups. "
Biatch is so intersectionalized, I doubt anything's left over that's just plain Yemmy;

3) And she's an Ecosexual, too?! I think I tried to date one of those ages ago via the personals. When she found out I ate meat, she got all over my case, calling me immoral. I asked her if she was wearing shoes, and she said, 'yes'. 'Are they made of leather?' I asked. "Yes,' she admitted. 'What,' I exclaimed, 'you think they just coaxed the hide off the cow?' End of conversation.

Post by Guest »

arent these people drastically insulted by evo psych in any form? and yet they want to draw cross species connections to fit their particular narrative?