Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Garlic

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Garlic »

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
You know what's more common than dead pigeons on the "Promenade des Anglais" sidewalk? South-American trans prostitutes. And you know what's their favorite passtime/trying to get clients? Grabbing people's crotch. And they do tend to grab mine a lot.
Not another board member fishing for donations towards their costs.

Sorry Phil, I don't care if you promise to live-tweet it, you'll have to pay them yourself.
Don't be so mean, the only reason he approaches them is to ask for hair care tips!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Mykeru wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Oh, it was so very productive: people got to talk about JV. Peole make blog posts about JV. People tweeted things about JV. JV even got
to have MrSmartyPants MrAhteistPants to appear on his show. So as you can see, it was very productive, well, at least if
you are a JV. For all the non-Justin Vacula people, it was not productive at all.
Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. Let the boy have some fun.

Another way to look at it is if Justin went to WIS2 and then didn't follow up, it would prove the point previously made by the same people criticizing now that the first time it was a one-off stunt without purpose.

If you want to have an ambassador for burying the hatchet and proving the threat narrative people wrong, Justin is a good pick. First, he's so innocuous that he might not even have a blood type. Second, he paid his dues in the form of being harassed, targeted and generally fucking lied about by the same people in attendance at the conferences who are used to winning by forfeit. If these people are proven wrong about Justin's intentions or any intentions of a male taking interest, it's worth proving them wrong again.

You may claim nothing new was learned by Justin's live blogging, so in that case I would assume you are content to know what, if anything, happens as filtered by the usual cadre of ideologue scumbags because, as we know, people like Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson and Melody Hensley just scream "reliable narrator".

Is there some self promotion in what Justin is doing? Yes. That's how it's done. That's how you raise your profile, that's how you get things done, that's how you potentially displace the usual incestuous group of relentless self-promoters who are not only self-promoting but doing harm to the skeptical movement. If you are not capitalizing on a chance at self-promotion then you are probably like me, which means sadly lacking in the minimal level of ambition to succeed.

Stop tearing the man down because he's just not doing what you would do and, on that point, someone remind me what you have done lately.
This sums it up for me. Also, when is your next video coming out?

Skeptic_Duh

Post by Skeptic_Duh »

Instead of giving money to Justin - give to this:
[youtube]PtlxIcN_tAM[/youtube]

If you don't - your a fucking racist!

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Would be lovely to have you around.

And no, I'm not a serial killer praying on internet people.
That's exactly what a serial killer preying on internet peole would say.
No, they would spell "preying" right. And also "people". Not sure anymore. It's late, I had wine.
The spelling would depend on what the serial killer was up to, if they were pursuing/capturing/killing someone in the manner of a predator then they would be "preying". However, many serial killers are deeply religious so "praying" on someone isn't that far out of the question. "peole" is just wrong.
I can't give you too much shit, I can't spell at all in French, I can never remember where to put the apostrophe. :lol:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

cunt wrote:There's not going to be any "burying of the hatchet" and people who think there is are severely fucking deluded. If they're not outright lying about their intentions. Gumby was basically correct, if you're paying for Vacula to go to this thing, you're doing so because you hope he'll piss the speakers off by his presence.

Don't pretend otherwise, it's transparent as fuck.
You're missing the point. There will be people like OB, RW, etc. But there will be OTHERS who are the polar opposites, unless (of course) you think women all march in lockstep. And in between, there will the undecideds and uninformed.

I'm pretty sure JV knows he's not going to be giving OB mustache rides anytime soon. But he may do some good work with those other groups, or not depending on how the well gets poisoned.

But as to the last, nobody you knows. Not you. Not me. Not JV. Not Pope Myers. Nobody. Stupid opinions to the contrary.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lsuoma wrote:
cunt wrote:There's not going to be any "burying of the hatchet" and people who think there is are severely fucking deluded. If they're not outright lying about their intentions. Gumby was basically correct, if you're paying for Vacula to go to this thing, you're doing so because you hope he'll piss the speakers off by his presence.

Cunt may be a cunt, but the cunt is right.
No. He's just lacking vision and seeking a pre-ordained conclusion to his narrative.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Garlic wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
You know what's more common than dead pigeons on the "Promenade des Anglais" sidewalk? South-American trans prostitutes. And you know what's their favorite passtime/trying to get clients? Grabbing people's crotch. And they do tend to grab mine a lot.
Not another board member fishing for donations towards their costs.

Sorry Phil, I don't care if you promise to live-tweet it, you'll have to pay them yourself.
Don't be so mean, the only reason he approaches them is to ask for hair care tips!
Fuck you Garlic (a phrase never uttered by a frenchman before, I suspect).

I don't approach them. They just get in the middle of the sidewalk and grab one's cock as you pass along. One even did it once while I was walking hand-in-hand with Ali! It was, let's say, awkward.

I did get one or two freebees in my early 20s, when I was single...

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

justinvacula wrote:The hypocrisy and sexism of Jamie Kilstein

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... -kilstein/

With all of this rhetoric about “rampant misogyny,” the secular community being “hostile to women,” and filled with “dangerous male speakers,” we have, right here, a very clear example of someone who has negative attitudes toward women. …and I suspect Kilstein is not the only self-professed “secular feminist” who fits the mold.

Hypocrisy and sexism are the order of the day for Jamie Kilstein – “one of the best secular feminists.” Will the same bloggers who were enraged at Ron Lindsay attack someone who actually deserves it for once? Will the “secular feminists” shun Kilstein and, for once, decry one of their own as a misogynist?
Good find. What a douche. They have the magnifying glass here, and the other eye is closed, though.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote: I'm pretty sure JV knows he's not going to be giving OB mustache rides anytime soon.
Thanks for the visual *horrrrf*

Actually, that might be the only force in the universe strong enough to destroy that mustache.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Oh, it was so very productive: people got to talk about JV. Peole make blog posts about JV. People tweeted things about JV. JV even got
to have MrSmartyPants MrAhteistPants to appear on his show. So as you can see, it was very productive, well, at least if
you are a JV. For all the non-Justin Vacula people, it was not productive at all.
Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. Let the boy have some fun.

Another way to look at it is if Justin went to WIS2 and then didn't follow up, it would prove the point previously made by the same people criticizing now that the first time it was a one-off stunt without purpose.

If you want to have an ambassador for burying the hatchet and proving the threat narrative people wrong, Justin is a good pick. First, he's so innocuous that he might not even have a blood type. Second, he paid his dues in the form of being harassed, targeted and generally fucking lied about by the same people in attendance at the conferences who are used to winning by forfeit. If these people are proven wrong about Justin's intentions or any intentions of a male taking interest, it's worth proving them wrong again.

You may claim nothing new was learned by Justin's live blogging, so in that case I would assume you are content to know what, if anything, happens as filtered by the usual cadre of ideologue scumbags because, as we know, people like Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson and Melody Hensley just scream "reliable narrator".

Is there some self promotion in what Justin is doing? Yes. That's how it's done. That's how you raise your profile, that's how you get things done, that's how you potentially displace the usual incestuous group of relentless self-promoters who are not only self-promoting but doing harm to the skeptical movement. If you are not capitalizing on a chance at self-promotion then you are probably like me, which means sadly lacking in the minimal level of ambition to succeed.

Stop tearing the man down because he's just not doing what you would do and, on that point, someone remind me what you have done lately.
There should be a slow golf clap there, somehow. I agree wholeheartfully, if that's an actual word.
I agree wholeartfully as well.

People can donate to whatever the flock they like. People can ask for sponsorship for whatever the fluck they like.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:

Cunt may be a cunt, but the cunt is right.
Nah. He's being a fuck knuckle in this case. Hemorrhoids must be playing up and he's jealous of Justin's cushion.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Thanks for the lulz, Gumby and Gefan!

Don't worry dear, your Fluevogs are lovely.

:lol:

Wondering why OB is @ing George Monbiot:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 97f660.png

Self-confessed Monbiot fan (surprise, surprise); just wondering why he'd show up on Ophelia's paranoidar.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Gefan wrote:There are a few editing issues because I couldn't be assed to figure out how to preview it, but, here ya go:

[youtube]Bz9xiMg31vc
Good god Gefan, that was stunning. "A low rent Ron Jeremy impersonator."

Very very well done.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, but I want to show you how Canuck's reading skills manifest into radfem bullshit:
Jason Thibeault I find it terribly disingenuous to claim that the passage ending with "You are SO fucked" that Stacy pasted above, is mere disagreement. Or that this is some kind of litmus test as to who can associate with whom. You presently back off hard from supporting people whose positions on tangentially-related topics are loathsome to you personally -- don't tell me you don't, DW and Carl. You just draw different lines. For instance, you draw the line at wanting atheists in general to be more supportive of women and minorities, and sneer and jeer at any attempt to bring "social justice" into the movement. You've done so here, suggesting that feminists are not skeptics or rationalists. So, surely you have a litmus test by which you're not willing to just live and let live within the community.
This is on the FFRF FB page, the post that MaiForPeace made
https://www.facebook.com/groups/friends.of.ffrf/

I'm really not sure who he as me confused with, but I have never suggested any of the above. In that thread, I was asking the posters in general if they were skeptics and didn't mention gender. They're just trying to poison the well against Justin a'la SCAofPA. And it's bullshit.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gefan wrote:There are a few editing issues because I couldn't be assed to figure out how to preview it, but, here ya go:

[youtube]Bz9xiMg31vc[/youtube]
WHAT IF HE RIDES THE THE HOLY ELEVATOR??!!

I'm fucking crying! That was brilliant!

decius

Post by decius »

"Don't worry, Romania is on our side" is Oscar material.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Sorry Gumby! It was your video that needed the credit. Got a bit mixed up.
Fucking amazing!
Haven't watched Gefan's yet.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:You want to know about street harassment? I can tell you about it, but it won't please the SJWs.

Every thursday I rehearse with a cover band (told you people about it before). Once in a while I have to walk home (4.5 km) at night because the designated driver is not around.

So, what's it gonna be this time: I'm racist, transphobe, misogynist, or I don't like strangers grabbing my crotch? I'm confused...
Perhaps you should invest in an armored codpiece.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

cunt wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: Some may. That wasn't my purpose in donating. I wouldn't suggest she change her plans to attend but that's really up to her.

I do hope she is able somehow to get some perspective on all of this. She seems to be slipping farther & farther into a fixed delusion. :(
What was your purpose in donating? It wasn't annoying people. So obviously it was something else. Maybe you're hoping there's going to be a teary reconciliation in the same hotel that kicked this shit off? People are going to see Justin and wonder to themselves.... he's a nice young man, should I be reading FTB?
Or just maybe because they support JVs secular and skeptical agenda and feel pissed off at the crap coming his/their way.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

jjbinx007 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:FrogSaga is still kicking at A+ forum, and pushing back at ischemgeek & esp ceepolk's chiding, starts here: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 125#p83315
That was wonderful!

By the way, on the Feminst Frequecy Facebook page it says:
We're nearing completion on our next video focusing on the intersection of violence against women & the Damsel in Distress trope in modern games. We're working with some extremely graphic & triggering imagery and it's been difficult to decide how much violence against women to show.
"Extremely graphic and triggering imagery" in computer games. I can't wait for their review of Tom and Jerry.
What? How the fuck? This is going to be the epitome of stupid I think.

How the hell do you take the Damsel in Distress trope, which states that women need and/or are worth protecting, and intersect that with violence against women? They are two messages pulling in the exact opposite direction.

I mean, you could do something about the DiD trope and say that because of it we tend to not want to put women in positions of responsibility and protect them from things which really limits them. I might disagree with the SCOPE of the problem, but at least there's some sort of logic there.

But here? It's nothing. We're talking polar opposites here.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

decius wrote:"Don't worry, Romania is on our side" is Oscar material.
Even better. It's "Rumania."

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Metalogic42 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:You want to know about street harassment? I can tell you about it, but it won't please the SJWs.

Every thursday I rehearse with a cover band (told you people about it before). Once in a while I have to walk home (4.5 km) at night because the designated driver is not around.

So, what's it gonna be this time: I'm racist, transphobe, misogynist, or I don't like strangers grabbing my crotch? I'm confused...
Would it be weird if I admited I already have one? (I don't wear it much these days, though).

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

Would it be weird if I admited I already have one? (I don't wear it much these days, though).
For some reason I think it would be weirder if you didn't.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I had a plastic one when fencing, and a metal one when LARPing. The plastic one was somewhat more comfy.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Metalogic42 wrote:

Or install one of those flame-spewing systems designed to foil carjackers.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I had a plastic one when fencing, and a metal one when LARPing. The plastic one was somewhat more comfy.
I had metal boob-protectors when fencing. There were special pockets inside the jacket for them.

Ophelia didn't much care for Skep Tickle's comments:
Ophelia Benson
May 27, 2013 at 1:13 pm (UTC -7) Link to this comment
“Skep Tickle” –

1. I don’t. Yes, I put it that way in the post, but no, I did not literally mean that’s the only reason he’s doing this. It certainly is part of the reason though. And don’t patronize me. You’re not getting this kind of shit, and if you were it wouldn’t be aimed at your real public person under your real name. I don’t need advice from you.

2. Are you stupid? It’s not expensive for him to fly to Ireland, is it! He’s getting it totally funded, so well funded that he can go in luxury. I’m not going in luxury. I’ll have a lot of out of pocket expenses, which as a freelance are actually expensive to me. (Yes I know, the pit thinks I should “get a job.” Freelancing is a crime, in their view.) Contrary to the myth, I do not get paid to do this. Not one penny.

3. Fuck that shit. Yes I’m a blogger; no that does not mean I deserve a torrent of sexist bullshit flung at me every day.

4. How nice for you. (I know your name and occupation and location too.) But you should have the minimal decency to recognize that other people don’t, and refrain from egging on people who throw torrents of sexist bullshit at women who have the audacity to blog under their own names.

5. Just as he did weekend before last, right? No, not right. Do stop bullshitting.
By the Drowned God, she's full of shite.

"I'm not going in luxury." Well, why the fuck should you? Just going to Dublin, and having meals and hotel paid, is a luxury to most, you smug entitled prune. Do you go hungry at those meetings? Do you have to sleep rough on the streets? No? How nice for you. None of you could even be arsed to get a cup of coffee for a visually-impaired person attending the conference. Selfish twat.

agarybuseychristmas

Post by agarybuseychristmas »

Karmakin wrote: What? How the fuck? This is going to be the epitome of stupid I think.

How the hell do you take the Damsel in Distress trope, which states that women need and/or are worth protecting, and intersect that with violence against women? They are two messages pulling in the exact opposite direction.

I mean, you could do something about the DiD trope and say that because of it we tend to not want to put women in positions of responsibility and protect them from things which really limits them. I might disagree with the SCOPE of the problem, but at least there's some sort of logic there.

But here? It's nothing. We're talking polar opposites here.
It's gonna be about Lara Croft's deaths in the new Tomb Raider game and how so many people 'got off' on them.

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

JV would probably be barred if he tried to attend SkepchickCon, right? Ah, well.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Ophelia Benson
May 27, 2013 at 1:13 pm (UTC -7) Link to this comment
“Skep Tickle” –

3. Fuck that shit. Yes I’m a blogger; no that does not mean I deserve a torrent of sexist bullshit flung at me every day.
Actually, if you put yourself forward in public in any way, it's the public who gets to decide what you deserve. Say, if Jamie Kilstein gets on a stage and starts doing really really lame stand-up comedy, isn't it up to the audience to decide if he deserves to be booed off stage?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lawrence Krauss was on Q&A last night. Normally I enjoy listening to the guy. Highly intelligent and an expert in his field. But he came across like a boorish one trick pony.

Now I am as athie as the next misogynist, but he could have discussed humanity's failings as epitomised in religion and other superstitious dogmatic institutions, rather than focussing solely on religion. Religion is but one codification of human nature at its best, and its worst, warts, flaws and all.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I had a plastic one when fencing, and a metal one when LARPing. The plastic one was somewhat more comfy.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r6IKS-IgLNU/T ... t%2529.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

A baklava on each shoulder, a samosa on my head, some pirozhki as pendants, and a cape made of smoked salmon.

Deal?

(I think I'm drunk enough. good bibes!)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:A baklava on each shoulder, a samosa on my head, some pirozhki as pendants, and a cape made of smoked salmon.

Deal?

And a salted cod-piece?

Post by Guest »

Ophelia Benson wrote: 3. Fuck that shit. Yes I’m a blogger; no that does not mean I deserve a torrent of sexist bullshit flung at me every day.
It's a good thing that everyone gets exactly what they deserve, then. Otherwise we might have to deal with life, or something.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:A baklava on each shoulder, a samosa on my head, some pirozhki as pendants, and a cape made of smoked salmon.

Deal?

And a salted cod-piece?

[youtube]242H7F8DKHA[/youtube]

That's it. Toodles!

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Not before you put your beef wellingtons on.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

One last attempt at Ophelia's (in moderation, and I suspect this time won't be let out). Thought I'd copied it, but apparently I'm as much a failure at that as I am at everything else. For those keeping track, thus far I've been asked if I'm stupid, called a bullshitter and a flaming something (ass?), told I've had an epic fail. (I still think "bullshit" is a gendered term, but didn't say that).

For this last one, smhil said something like "I really hope you take a look at your behavior here" so I pointed out 3 things Ophelia had done in the thread:

1) The OP and an early comment by Ophelia said/implied that Justin would be going to Dublin to follow her. She didn't correct subsequent commenters who offered sympathy, a T-shirt, and lines about how he is a stalker.

Then I replied to her reply to my first comment: "1) Why do you assume that a person who publicly makes plans to attend a conference is doing so “to follow you around”? ..." , which was answered by Ophelia saying flat out "I don’t. Yes, I put it that way in the post, but no, I did not literally mean that’s the only reason he’s doing this. It certainly is part of the reason though...."

2) If Ophelia thought my comments were so awful, why did she let them through moderation. Yeah, that's totally my fault.

3) If it were my blog and someone said she didn't want her RL name public because of her job, I wouldn't use the person's real name publicly. (Ophelia probably learned my name from Stephanie, but PZ and a couple of other people less in the direct limelight on "that side" also know it.)

(In a post that did get through, earlier, I pointed out (a) that being in the public view inherently entails getting some approval and some disapproval, and (b) that she was getting her airfare + conference registration + hotel covered for the Dublin conference - when she said she wasn't "getting paid for this" - but I didn't focus on it being a luxury, or a benefit that most people couldn't get.)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Gah, here's a full force reminder of why I try never to go over to FtB, the blogger-approved shit is just too thick on the ground and they never stop to examine (much less clean off) the soles of their shoes:
Feline wrote:May 27, 2013 at 4:54 pm (UTC -7) Link to this comment
Skep tickle wrote:Justin Vacula is a young US atheist activist who has focused on separation of church and state.
I appreciate you bolding the bits that needs changing. So let me fix that bit of puerile bullshit for you.
Justin Vacula is a young US rape activist who has focused on the harassment of women
There we are. Accuracy matters.
"Accuracy matters" - I need to go watch Gefan's video again for a similar level of accuracy that's tons funnier.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

And, quelle surprise, Ophie actually tsk tsked at that poster.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Oh, ya, I forgot. Ophie tsk tsked because she felt that the poster was, ahem, stooping to our level -- whatever/wherever that is.

Reap

Post by Reap »

complaint.jpg
(29.49 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

All this within one comment thread, and Ophie is oblivious to the irony (not to mention the contradiction), I am sure:

Ophie says:
[Skep tickle], don’t tell me what to post, what to talk about, what to read, what to do.
Then, later on in the comment thread, Ophie says:
He [Vacula] could just leave me alone, but he won’t. I’ve told him to, and he just goes on tweeting and blogging ... about me....
/rolls eyes

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

John Greg -

LOL, missed that, clueless or hypocritical - take your pick.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Skeeve wrote:Where is the link showing the quote from SPLC saying that AVfM isn't a "hate site", but they're watching it?
Not sure if anyone answered this but I think this may be where the "watching it" thing came from. Read the 1st paragraph
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... aP4wtLUcyI

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

For those interested, AVfM has part two up on the Spanish war on men.

Spanish Gender Stalinism – Part II
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/go ... m-part-ii/

(also the ProJustica site appears to be still down http://www.projusticia.com/)

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

John Greg wrote:All this within one comment thread, and Ophie is oblivious to the irony (not to mention the contradiction), I am sure:

Ophie says:
[Skep tickle], don’t tell me what to post, what to talk about, what to read, what to do.
Then, later on in the comment thread, Ophie says:
He [Vacula] could just leave me alone, but he won’t. I’ve told him to, and he just goes on tweeting and blogging ... about me....
/rolls eyes
Just commented briefly to ask O if she's ever considered not tweeting and blogging about Justin. Awaiting moderation. Occurred to me that I've been waiting for moderation on FTB for a long time now. I don't think it's comin'.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Update

spanish Language ProJustica site works: http://projusticia.es/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

DownThunder wrote:Not before you put your beef wellingtons on.
Nice. :rimshot:

Apples

Post by Apples »

Deal?

"Good bibes" ... :clap:

Apples

Post by Apples »

Skeptic_Duh wrote:Instead of giving money to Justin - give to this:
[youtube]PtlxIcN_tAM[/youtube]

If you don't - you're a fucking racist!
flawlessly written and performed

Apples

Post by Apples »

Aneris wrote:
justinvacula wrote:The hypocrisy and sexism of Jamie Kilstein

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... -kilstein/

With all of this rhetoric about “rampant misogyny,” the secular community being “hostile to women,” and filled with “dangerous male speakers,” we have, right here, a very clear example of someone who has negative attitudes toward women. …and I suspect Kilstein is not the only self-professed “secular feminist” who fits the mold.

Hypocrisy and sexism are the order of the day for Jamie Kilstein – “one of the best secular feminists.” Will the same bloggers who were enraged at Ron Lindsay attack someone who actually deserves it for once? Will the “secular feminists” shun Kilstein and, for once, decry one of their own as a misogynist?
Good find. What a douche. They have the magnifying glass here, and the other eye is closed, though.
one-eyed egyptians, if you will.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

It seems Opheliar may be planning to hijack the Dublin conference by wearing an item of clothing with some kind of "meaning". I hope it doesn't send Justin into fits of tears, like that tearsome trinketeer when faced with the terrible cloth-based words "I am not a Skepchick".
Giliell: Ophelia Do you mind giving me your address (privacy guaranteed) and T-shirt size? I think you need a special one…
Opheliar: Giliell, how kind. Sure – shall I use your eem address on your log-in?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:It seems Opheliar may be planning to hijack the Dublin conference by wearing an item of clothing with some kind of "meaning". I hope it doesn't send Justin into fits of tears, like that tearsome trinketeer when faced with the terrible cloth-based words "I am not a Skepchick".
Giliell: Ophelia Do you mind giving me your address (privacy guaranteed) and T-shirt size? I think you need a special one…
Opheliar: Giliell, how kind. Sure – shall I use your eem address on your log-in?
Wonder if she'll wear it for three days?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:It seems Opheliar may be planning to hijack the Dublin conference by wearing an item of clothing with some kind of "meaning". I hope it doesn't send Justin into fits of tears, like that tearsome trinketeer when faced with the terrible cloth-based words "I am not a Skepchick".
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... d=36985747

some guy

Post by some guy »

some guy wrote:RationalWiki has a new Slymepit page. Quite funny in an over-the-top SJW way.
(I'm unable to figure out how to copy a link on my ne,w tablet, so y'all gotta go google it yourself.)
Okay, I'm at a computer that allows me to cut and paste (or, one where I know how to do it):

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Slymepit

Slymepit
The Slymepit (no link -- hate speech policy) is a discussion board that began as a series of unhinged discussion threads on the ScienceBlogs site of formerly-respected virologist-blogger Abbie "ERV" Smith in the wake of Elevatorgate and moved to its own site as a result of National Geographic's takeover of ScienceBlogs. Its entire reason for existing is to create a massive circlejerk around the meme that "feminism is poisoning atheism", and as a result is heavily dominated by the kind of atheists who tend to prefer leaving their prejudices about women, economics, and occasionally race unexamined. They don't particularly like us, and have adopted Slymepitter Franc Hoggle's term "baboons" to describe feminist skeptics. They also really don't like Rebecca Watson, PZ Myers, Jen McCreight, or anyone who calls them out on their crap. The entire exercise seems to be one enormous justification for being allowed to hit on women on elevators in the wee hours of the morning.

Its existence is more sad and pathetic than anything else; outside their unexamined prejudices, a lot of Slymepitters were formerly respected, but have been largely ostracized from the more self-questioning sides of skepticism, and therefore see themselves as being bullied by mean ol' women and manginas. It is likely but not confirmed that there's some overlap with the men's rights movement.

The term also refers to the overall culture of people who believe and/or promote Slymepittish things, even if they aren't, strictly speaking, a member of the group.

See also
- Elision
- Privilege, a concept that a great many Slymepitters seem to have a major problem understanding.
- Thunderf00t, a fallen star and Slymepit hero

Apples

Post by Apples »

some guy wrote:
some guy wrote:RationalWiki has a new Slymepit page. Quite funny in an over-the-top SJW way.
(I'm unable to figure out how to copy a link on my ne,w tablet, so y'all gotta go google it yourself.)
Okay, I'm at a computer that allows me to cut and paste (or, one where I know how to do it):

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Slymepit

Slymepit
The Slymepit (no link -- hate speech policy) is a discussion board that began as a series of unhinged discussion threads on the ScienceBlogs site of formerly-respected virologist-blogger Abbie "ERV" Smith in the wake of Elevatorgate and moved to its own site as a result of National Geographic's takeover of ScienceBlogs. Its entire reason for existing is to create a massive circlejerk around the meme that "feminism is poisoning atheism", and as a result is heavily dominated by the kind of atheists who tend to prefer leaving their prejudices about women, economics, and occasionally race unexamined. They don't particularly like us, and have adopted Slymepitter Franc Hoggle's term "baboons" to describe feminist skeptics. They also really don't like Rebecca Watson, PZ Myers, Jen McCreight, or anyone who calls them out on their crap. The entire exercise seems to be one enormous justification for being allowed to hit on women on elevators in the wee hours of the morning.

Its existence is more sad and pathetic than anything else; outside their unexamined prejudices, a lot of Slymepitters were formerly respected, but have been largely ostracized from the more self-questioning sides of skepticism, and therefore see themselves as being bullied by mean ol' women and manginas. It is likely but not confirmed that there's some overlap with the men's rights movement.

The term also refers to the overall culture of people who believe and/or promote Slymepittish things, even if they aren't, strictly speaking, a member of the group.

See also
- Elision
- Privilege, a concept that a great many Slymepitters seem to have a major problem understanding.
- Thunderf00t, a fallen star and Slymepit hero
Brilliant. Couldn't have been written better as a means of separating the gluten-free wheat from the chaffy sheep-goats.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... d=36985747
http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/blarg.jpg

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Send me there. I promise to wear a baklava.
You promise to wear a Lebanese pastry?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

38 guests. Hello, FTBtards...

Post by Guest »

RationalWiki wrote: - Privilege, a concept that a great many Slymepitters seem to have a major problem understanding.
Oh, we understand it alright. We understand it perfectly well.