Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by deLurch »

Trophy wrote:Talking to dogs and ignoring the owners is not socializing. It's the opposite.
Even I as a slymepitter know this kind of stuff.
The one thing I know is to never fuck with (i.e. pet, play etc) with an aid dog. They are there to do a job and the owner doesn't need you distracting their aid dog from that job. Hell, almost every aid dog I have ever seen is labeled as such.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Apples wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Gumby wrote:OMG I just read that blind persons summary of his experience at WiS2. If it really went down that way, Melody comes off as the most insensitive vacuous bitch on the planet. "Yeah I know exactly what it's like to be blind because I once hurt my ankle and couldn't walk up the stairs."

:violin:

Fuck me sideways. You'd think that would teach Hensley to think before she speaks, and that baselessly throwing around accusations of "privilege" is liable to eventually lead to your being nailed to the hypocrisy wall... but something tells me she Just. Won't. Get. It..... and the next time she meets a quadriplegic she'll say "Hey, I know just what you're going through - I had a hangnail once and it was a real oww-eee!

Great find, Dick!
I spotted it on Ally Fogg's twitter feed.
Kassiane has a thread up at Atheism+ called "Amanda Marcotte's ableism" (apparently Marcotte speculates about the ASD status of people she finds unempathetic or socially awkward? Something like that). FTB comes in for some general criticism (apparently it is their blind spot ;) ).

Amadan comments that s/he is chewing over some of the general points about ableism raised in the thread and isn't sure s/he agrees totally, to which Ceepolk replies --

"the people who are directly affected by marcotte's abelism have said right here that it is. That's absolutely basic 101 how to tell if something is ableist, and this isn't a 101 zone. there's nothing to consider, unless you don't think that their experience is meaningful or valid."

Oops - don't think about or consider something without Ceepolk's permission - that's big a no-no!

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4766
Though Setar's comment is pretty good.

Remick

Post by Remick »

Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Guest wrote:Is it me or is this demand that Vacula denounce harassment a bit like the demands that Glenn Beck deny that he raped and murdered a girl in 1990?
To me it is more like the idea that every time there is an Islamist terrorist attack we need to ask each individual Muslim to personally disavow themselves from it.
Plus they KNOW that Vacula can't resist engaging with anyone who mentions his name in public.
Being that easy to troll, plus the fact that Justin suffers from the common error of not being as witty as he thinks he is, leads to his growing pile of boneheaded mistakes.

This seems relevant:

[youtube]zO1982Bo57c[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

windy wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: If you read the article you'll also see that she mentions only one speaker showing an understanding of the issues - Maryam Namazie, someone who has never joined in the FTB bullying tactics and who remains firmly an ally of Dawkins.
Maryam is the only one there who is sensible and who brings up REAL issues of theocratic sexism. The other bloggers there are just attention seeking missiles who exaggerate and/or make it all about themselves. Their tales of woe are contrived, and indulged in, states of victimhood.
I wouldn't say she's the only one, Mano Singham is also good, and some of the newer bloggers show promise... for example, Yemmynisting has some interesting things to say about the soldier's murder in London:
I was perplexed as to how a Nigerian would claim British soldiers are killing Muslims and women in his land but then it dawned on me that he was not talking about Nigeria, He was referring to Afghanistan, Iraq and other war torn Islamic countries. To this British born man of Nigerian origin, his land was not Nigeria; his homeland is the Muslims headquarters of the world. His adopted religion has totally erased his nationality, his identity and his history. Religion has taken firm hold in his deluded, sick brain.
Since she's also from Nigeria I suppose it's A-plus-approved for her to say that, but is it colonialist othering when I quote it? :think:
I don't think I'll ever be able to take her seriously after that poem where she gets horny over natural disasters. :shock:

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

deLurch wrote:
Trophy wrote:Talking to dogs and ignoring the owners is not socializing. It's the opposite.
Even I as a slymepitter know this kind of stuff.
The one thing I know is to never fuck with (i.e. pet, play etc) with an aid dog. They are there to do a job and the owner doesn't need you distracting their aid dog from that job. Hell, almost every aid dog I have ever seen is labeled as such.
Your speciesist bullshit makes me SICK! SICK I SAY! :snooty:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Trophy wrote:Also, note that as soon as she removed the scarf, the cleric looked the other way and continued to talk to the "wall". Typical Muslim male asshole/fundi behavior.
Actually some of the stricter versions of Islam dictate that he is not supposed to talk to uncovered women. So he has to do that because he is on TV and one of the adherents to that sort of regime would get offended otherwise. Mind he is already in trouble with those who believe that it is haram because she is not veiled in the first place.

Google the phrase "salafi marriage bandits" and you will see that this is a problem that some in the various Muslim communities are aware of. While there is at least one informal organization I know of in the UK that has been set up to deal with the fallout (finding shelter and eventually another husband for some of the victims and so on) there are difficulties in trying to prevent the culprits from reoffending in the first place.

Some of the reasons are cultural and the fact that the majority of the women hoodwinked are unwilling to come forward in public in the first place for all the various reasons that for example rape victims experience. Even so, some have complainied semi-anonymously for example here: https://marriagebandits.wordpress.com/ Everyone involved actually are pretty reluctant to airing their dirty laundry in public, and I imagine even more so in the West.

Basically, the "Marriage Bandits" have discovered "Game" and what you are seeing is one version of the worst type of PUA, Muslim style. Like one story I heard of, where a young woman was married in Venezuela and weeks later abandoned in Egypt.

As a side note, the PC crowd is not going to like hearing this but from what I see a substantial number of women do not seem to be able to help themselves and appear to have an involuntary response to men who exhibit the "Dark Triad" traits, some much more so than others.

Viewed in this light I am starting to speculate that perhaps the ways that societies organized themselves over time have been in response to observed results, and that many of the things that make no sense to us nowadays may have had a solid reason for being implemented in the first place. Cue the whole business of "male disposable" imposed monogamy etc. etc. etc.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Remick wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Guest wrote:Is it me or is this demand that Vacula denounce harassment a bit like the demands that Glenn Beck deny that he raped and murdered a girl in 1990?
To me it is more like the idea that every time there is an Islamist terrorist attack we need to ask each individual Muslim to personally disavow themselves from it.
Plus they KNOW that Vacula can't resist engaging with anyone who mentions his name in public.
Being that easy to troll, plus the fact that Justin suffers from the common error of not being as witty as he thinks he is, leads to his growing pile of boneheaded mistakes.

This seems relevant:

[youtube]zO1982Bo57c[/youtube]
I am amused that the clueless FtBers think we worship Justin.

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:He <elevatorgate> chooses to make himself more of a target for criticism (from either "side") by doing what he does. Just because he is against the baboons does not make him exempt from criticism or eye-rolling from the people here. Your "stop shitting on him" and "he deserves more credit [from pitters]" doesn't work here.
Yes. And? You weenies that comment from the sidelines should be grateful he draws fire.

What a bunch of vanilla chickenshits you all are when you boil it down.

And who said he doesn't deserve criticism? The real critique is between doing nothing and something. This is why EG earns a bit of respect. And the spitgobs from the z-seats earn none.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Remick wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:

This seems relevant:

zO1982Bo57c[/youtube]
I am amused that the clueless FtBers think we worship Justin.
Indeed.
He gets a lot of coverage from the likes of Svan, Ophelia and PeeZus for the simple reason that he is accident prone - particularly the sort of accidents that involve feet ending up in mouths.
He's an easy target because they can always rely on him doing something silly and thus justifying their vilification.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Aneris wrote:Though Setar's comment is pretty good.
And later in the thread he calls people out for "hurling ableism" at Vacula!
Setar wrote:and now people are taking it upon themselves to hurl ableism at Justin Vacula. because no true skeptic would ever be capable of bigoted assholery, the assholes just have to be objectively worse.

it's like they just can't fucking get over themselves, ever. they have to be the paragons of reason rationality and righteousness and don't you dare suggest that they're anything so frail and fallible as human. until of course you call them out on it.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Apples wrote:
Aneris wrote:Though Setar's comment is pretty good.
And later in the thread he calls people out for "hurling ableism" at Vacula!
Setar wrote:and now people are taking it upon themselves to hurl ableism at Justin Vacula. because no true skeptic would ever be capable of bigoted assholery, the assholes just have to be objectively worse.

it's like they just can't fucking get over themselves, ever. they have to be the paragons of reason rationality and righteousness and don't you dare suggest that they're anything so frail and fallible as human. until of course you call them out on it.
Wow. What phase is the moon in today? Have the planets aligned?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Zenspace wrote: A very simple way to accommodate those individuals. I have found this approach very practical for everyone, but then I am probably just an ableist hardass.
My experience doing volunteer tech support for the blind has led me to conclude that you need to have a lot of patience if you are blind and using a windows GUI on a computer.

How would you like to have to call me every time you needed to do say a money transfer because you can not tab to the field, but have to click on a specific spot that could be anywhere on your screen?

So along with the daily frustrations, try living alone and doing your own cooking for example if you can not read the labels on the cans, it is easy enough I imagine for that sort of thing to accumulate and to express itself in a manner disproportionate to the actual event.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Yup. But there is also this:
Trophy wrote:IMO, the demand for denouncement is to (partially) shut up his own base so in case he talks to JV, they don't turn on him. It's a typical political maneuver.
I think we should be careful about jumping on Silverman's shit for this stunt. Hell, we should be careful about jumping on anyone's shit for any single incident unless you want to pick up your baboon feces and join their crowd.

Some people may be pissed that Silverman asked Justin to denounce all sorts of practices that Justin isn't involved in. But on the flip side, Silverman may also be trying to give Justin some (what he considers) good advice on how to navigate these politics. When he said "@justinvacula can't get into this now. One final word. If you can't bring yourself to fight shit, you will be seen as approving it." That is probably exactly why Silverman jumped on this bandwagon. Silverman is in a political position & this is how he thinks the best way of dealing with it is for himself.

I am trying to recall the last few hostile interviews with Silverman, but he and atheists get accused of all sorts of shit. If I am not mistaken, Silverman's response tactic is to loudly denounce approval for all such activities that he & atheists are accused of. For at least as hostile interviews go, that kind of takes the wind out of their sails for continuing that tactic for the duration of the interview.

I don't know exactly how Silverman stands on these issues, but if he is willing to do an interview with Justin, I suspect he at least understands both sides of the coin. Given the baboon's reaction to the upcoming interview, I hope Silverman has not made a costly mistake of getting involved, as with them, you just can't get involved, you have to be pure in your involvement.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
zenbabe wrote: This person and his blind friend were far more ostracized than JV and Karla.

I don't blame him for defending Rebecca. She showed him kindness when so painfully few did, his loyalty is an understandable consequence.
Since when is "defending" Rebecca for doing the right thing a blameworthy offense? She has done some bad dishonest things to try to achieve her (questionable) objectives. That doesn't make her a monster.
Fair point. When I said "blame" though was referring to his defense of Rebecca in her argument with Lindsay, and his criticism of Lindsay. So easy for emotion to cloud judgement. I don't think he's seeing clearly there but I understand why that might be difficult. I didn't mean blame for her kindness to him. My perception of her shaded to a very dark grey from black for making some effort to help him.
Trophy: The blame also rests on anybody who noticed what was going on and didn't try to get things sorted. So many SJWs there and nobody managed to get these issues fixed?
/nod. Melody's lack of action was really bad, but even if she had made the changes he asked for he still would have encountered all the other crappy behavior from the rest of the crowd, which sucked.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

deLurch wrote:
Yup. But there is also this:
Trophy wrote:IMO, the demand for denouncement is to (partially) shut up his own base so in case he talks to JV, they don't turn on him. It's a typical political maneuver.
I think we should be careful about jumping on Silverman's shit for this stunt. Hell, we should be careful about jumping on anyone's shit for any single incident unless you want to pick up your baboon feces and join their crowd.

Some people may be pissed that Silverman asked Justin to denounce all sorts of practices that Justin isn't involved in. But on the flip side, Silverman may also be trying to give Justin some (what he considers) good advice on how to navigate these politics. When he said "@justinvacula can't get into this now. One final word. If you can't bring yourself to fight shit, you will be seen as approving it." That is probably exactly why Silverman jumped on this bandwagon. Silverman is in a political position & this is how he thinks the best way of dealing with it is for himself.

I am trying to recall the last few hostile interviews with Silverman, but he and atheists get accused of all sorts of shit. If I am not mistaken, Silverman's response tactic is to loudly denounce approval for all such activities that he & atheists are accused of. For at least as hostile interviews go, that kind of takes the wind out of their sails for continuing that tactic for the duration of the interview.

I don't know exactly how Silverman stands on these issues, but if he is willing to do an interview with Justin, I suspect he at least understands both sides of the coin. Given the baboon's reaction to the upcoming interview, I hope Silverman has not made a costly mistake of getting involved, as with them, you just can't get involved, you have to be pure in your involvement.
Also, the FtBers etc. constantly claim that the people who criticise them (such as those here) approve of anything nasty that does happen to them. This isn't borne out by the facts from what I have seen on this forum, but their constant insistence on it is going to influence the narrative for anyone who doesn't come here themselves to see it isn't true... and the format of this website is not conducive to making it clear that most of us disapprove of authentically bad shit (as opposed to verifiably made-up shit like the claims about Sacha intending to accost Watson) that happens.

That's not a criticism of this website, but it is just a forum and so if you want to understand it you are going to have to commit to digging through at least a dozen pages or so to get a feel for how things are - and that means reading with a sympathetic eye rather than just skimming it looking for things that can be matched to a preconceived idea that it is awful.

franc

Post by franc »

Aneris wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Is "Elevatorgate" the chick that is in the wallpaper on their twitter homepage?

https://twitter.com/ElevatorGATE
This is nice. EG got politely asked by Grothe to desist - and he did. It's not the things you see - it's what you don't notice.

Carry on lynching.

franc

Post by franc »

When I was about 13, a neighbour had a dog that was half dead, a ~15yo boxer. It used to pace in circles in the yard, yelping and growling. It would stop occasionally to bark at the same space of non-descript wall as though there was a burglar. Then it would resume pacing.

That dog is Ophelia Benson. If you had mercy, you would shoot it.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Zenspace wrote: A very simple way to accommodate those individuals. I have found this approach very practical for everyone, but then I am probably just an ableist hardass.
My experience doing volunteer tech support for the blind has led me to conclude that you need to have a lot of patience if you are blind and using a windows GUI on a computer.

How would you like to have to call me every time you needed to do say a money transfer because you can not tab to the field, but have to click on a specific spot that could be anywhere on your screen?

So along with the daily frustrations, try living alone and doing your own cooking for example if you can not read the labels on the cans, it is easy enough I imagine for that sort of thing to accumulate and to express itself in a manner disproportionate to the actual event.
When put that way, it does make a bit more sense. Add the factor that one might assume the WiSC conference to be a more understanding and receptive environment for persons with various disabilities and it isn't that much of a stretch to see why the frustration might run to a higher level. So, good point and I retract my 'self-centered' comment.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

bovarchist wrote:Doesn't seem to me like the guy's on our side. It certainly doesn't provide any help for Lindsay.
I don't know why this guy needs to be on anyone's side. He has a set of issues, and at least he is clear about spelling out what they are.
bovarchist wrote:Also, as an aside, I'm not sure the author is entirely consistent about how he wants to be treated. Is he asking to be treated like everybody else because he's just as capable as they are, or is he asking for special help and consideration because he's disabled?
I am going to go with neither. He spells out exactly what is needed and what isn't. I do think it somewhat odd, that he chastises them for explaining the lanyard which he says is obvious, but there are plenty of other scenarios such as the refreshments that are not obvious to everyone else as to what he is aware of or what he is not. For all anyone else may have know, he might have said 'duh, I can smell & hear the coffee.'

On one side, this guy would have been better served if he had piped up earlier in the event about some of the issues he was running into. On the other side, Melody completely failed to take advantage of being forewarned about his needs in that email he sent well in advance. It was also a stupid mistake to not attempt to get the guy a refund for the difference in the early bird special. I understand Melody being in close to an impossible situation of speakers not having power point sides even produced before the event for her to pass along to him. But some speakers probably did have them ready. She just completely dropped the ball and didn't even make an attempt at reasonable accommodation.

If I were Melody, the smart choice for an event small as this, would be to have obtained a volunteer to interact with people who have disabilities to make sure their needs were being met. Volunteers are cheap, as long as you don't need a huge amount of them, and they typically love doing shit like this. Plus the volunteer would get free access to the conference. It would have been the a great easy catch-all to head off disability issues & concerns.

Note to everyone else, learn from other people's mistakes.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

franc wrote:When I was about 13, a neighbour had a dog that was half dead, a ~15yo boxer. It used to pace in circles in the yard, yelping and growling. It would stop occasionally to bark at the same space of non-descript wall as though there was a burglar. Then it would resume pacing.

Threat/victim post coming in 10...9...8...7...

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

franc wrote:When I was about 13, a neighbour had a dog that was half dead, a ~15yo boxer. It used to pace in circles in the yard, yelping and growling. It would stop occasionally to bark at the same space of non-descript wall as though there was a burglar. Then it would resume pacing.

Also known as a terrorist death threat.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Wow, quotemine target much?

franc

Post by franc »

Zenspace wrote:

Fuck the dried up vacuous cunt. I would rather have brain cancer than be her. Imagine for a second what steps you would have to take in life to become such a vicious, dried up old toad? Her own self-inflicted misery is crueller than the vilest misogynist fantasies she barfs up. I would feel pity. But she's not a dog.

franc

Post by franc »

dogen wrote:

I mine myself. If you know different, cough it up.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Looks like someone is jealous.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

AbsurdWalls wrote:Looks like someone is jealous.
Franc just wishes he could hate as hard as Ophelia does.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

deLurch wrote:[...]I think we should be careful about jumping on Silverman's shit for this stunt. [...] Silverman is in a political position & this is how he thinks the best way of dealing with it is for himself. [...]
Some have noted before, when given the opportunity, speak out against something. However, the flipside is that other people have the prerogative of interpretation. They determine the narrative, and they frame the reactions to it and they make the demands, while they are seemingly beyond criticism. They are the judges so to speak. And that, precisely, must be changed. Especially when the Baboons are always on about some harassment and stalking, they are leading others by the nose ring. Watson or Eristae or someone whines about harassment again, and we are expected to give them support. AND that, my friend, is bullying. It is no different to when a silverback is parading on the school yard, suddenly charges to someone, stares in their face and exclaims: "DID you just mock me!?" and then demanding apology. Where I more feel like kicking in their balls, making jokes and from then on really mocking them. Bullies deserve nothing else.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

d4m10n wrote:
I think Franc is upset that Justin has taken his place as the bête noire, and has decided to do something controversial, bold, and completely fucking stupid.

franc

Post by franc »

d4m10n wrote:
I just want to empty a box of corn husks over my face while smelling a cocktail of tuna oil and pensioner farts as I jerk off and scream JESUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I don't want much and I promise to hurt nobody. I love you Ophelia.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

dogen wrote:

Everything's a quotemine target with those cunts. You could say how much you enjoy cooking with your family and they would say "OMGZ!!! EH IS USIN' IZ FAMBLEE FOR INGREDIENTZ IN CANNIBALZ COOKEREEY!!!11"
There's no point in watching what you say so you might as well say how you feel.

For what it's worth I prefer the analogy of her being an incessantly barking, toothless and incontinent Yorkshire Terrier that mistakenly thinks everybody is scared of it when in reality they just want her to shut the fuck up and stop shitting everywhere.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Aneris wrote:
deLurch wrote:[...]I think we should be careful about jumping on Silverman's shit for this stunt. [...] Silverman is in a political position & this is how he thinks the best way of dealing with it is for himself. [...]
Some have noted before, when given the opportunity, speak out against something. However, the flipside is that other people have the prerogative of interpretation. They determine the narrative, and they frame the reactions to it and they make the demands, while they are seemingly beyond criticism. They are the judges so to speak. And that, precisely, must be changed. Especially when the Baboons are always on about some harassment and stalking, they are leading others by the nose ring. Watson or Eristae or someone whines about harassment again, and we are expected to give them support. AND that, my friend, is bullying. It is no different to when a silverback is parading on the school yard, suddenly charges to someone, stares in their face and exclaims: "DID you just mock me!?" and then demanding apology. Where I more feel like kicking in their balls, making jokes and from then on really mocking them. Bullies deserve nothing else.
Great, now Im picturing Joe Pesci playing Rebecca Watson:

[youtube]IWINtUCshxY[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

When we've seen the baboons twist Ron Lindsay's vanilla WiS speech into a diatribe worthy of a fucking lynch mob demanding he gets sacked from his job I'm surprised anybody is really bothered about being quote-mined.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

franc wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

Fuck the dried up vacuous cunt. I would rather have brain cancer than be her. Imagine for a second what steps you would have to take in life to become such a vicious, dried up old toad? Her own self-inflicted misery is crueller than the vilest misogynist fantasies she barfs up. I would feel pity. But she's not a dog.
That aspect I agree with completely. If you are that miserable 24/7, why maintain that lifestyle? I do not follow her at all, she offers nothing of interest to me on any level. I've seen enough of her work posted by others that I occasionally wonder if the running threat narrative she maintains is an honest misperception on her part (which would be truly a sad thing to live under that self-constructed perceived reality) or, like RW, intentionally maintains that narrative in an effort to gain attention. The latter is at least an intentional effort and,while dishonest in and of itself, isn't a symptom of delusional paranoia.

In either case, the result is very predictable:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote: For what it's worth I prefer the analogy of her being an incessantly barking, toothless and incontinent Yorkshire Terrier that mistakenly thinks everybody is scared of it when in reality they just want her to shut the fuck up and stop shitting everywhere.
Which, when it comes down to brass tacks, is definitely more attractive than the reality of Ophelia "Fucking Stupid Bitch" Benson.

No need to quotemine that one, Fucking Stupid Bitch.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

d4m10n wrote:
howareusocalm.jpg
(98.79 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
I think Franc is upset that Justin has taken his place as the bête noire, and has decided to do something controversial, bold, and completely fucking stupid.
Agreed. And surely he'll be featured on B&W shortly.

Still, if it leads to a video of this…
franc wrote:I just want to empty a box of corn husks over my face while smelling a cocktail of tuna oil and pensioner farts as I jerk off and scream JESUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
…then Franc will have a shot at overcoming THE AMAZING ATHEIST in another category of notoriety — absurdist erotic protest performance art. So that would be quite something.

David Silverman denouncement caveat:
Hatred is bad, okay?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Sometimes I think that franc is an Ophelia sock puppet, designed to exhort outrage, sympathy and (most importantly) donations, from her flock by making up stupid insults that are handy for quoting. She's been living off that 'cunt-kick' line for the past year and a half.
Why doesn't franc just put a paypal link for Ophelia donations in his sig and have done with it.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Clarence wrote:
Southern wrote:
Clarence wrote:
it's Eucli's younger brother
Whoever that is.
Then again, this IS the pit and there are some feminists and probably a few OOLON sock puppets lurking about...
Pff. Everybody knows that the only sock puppets are franc's.

And, as you are discussing with welch and all, I'm pretty sure YOU are a sock puppet of franc hoggle. Ha! Gotcha.
I can see I'm REALLY going to have to catch up on who this Franc Hoggle guy is. You guys bring him up all the time, but I can remember nothing about him from the original EG brouhaha or as having anything to do with why this site was formed by Erv.

I'll do a googles. I'm not lazy. And I probably knew who he was but forgot. I'm getting old...just turned 42. I plead advanced age or wisdom or something.
It's a reference to a common FTB assertion, that the Slymepit is really a bunch of Franc Hoggle's (aka "Victor Ivanoff", as they think they doxxed him) sock puppets.

And, as Welch (aka "The Wizard Guy", from now on) is usually seen having heated discussions with Franc about... well, everything, and they usually call each other funny names, like you and The Wizard Guy were doing... connect the dots, will ya?

It's all very meta, I know. But let me have some fun in this wretched week, dammit. (Althought I'm sure Oklahoma people are having it much worse; my condolences to you all).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Aneris wrote:However, the flipside is that other people have the prerogative of interpretation. They determine the narrative, and they frame the reactions to it and they make the demands, while they are seemingly beyond criticism. They are the judges so to speak.
I think it can be a useful debate tactic. If someone if flailing around insisting your stand for something that has nothing to do with you, go ahead and strongly denounce such behaviors, and move the discussion back to more productive grounds as their big beef has been deflated. On the flip side, it does help to reinforce their negative. I guess the cost/benefit of that situation is how well you debate the other issues at hand and move the discussion back on course.

As far as Silverman goes, I personally think he made an error. He wasn't trying to move a debate back on course. Now that he has the attention of the SJWarriers, they will be expecting him to toe the line every step of the way. Any slip up in their expectations of his purity, leaves him two steps away from being their witch-of-the-week. It has bitten way too many good people in the ass. The only way to win is not to play.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Angry_Drunk wrote:For someone who claims to have lurked here for a year, our new chew-toy Clarence seems oddly ignorant of the goings on. E.g. the provenance of Welch's stupid avatar.
He violated the first rule of Atheism Plus forum: not lurking enough!

Call ceepolk to ban him AT ONCE!

... wait...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I love the following clip that Sam Harris posted recently.
It features Egyptian TV presenter Riham Said facing a islamic cleric and refusing to shut up and listen.
She brings up the subject of sexual abuse of women by clerics and provokes from him a hissy fit worthy of Watson being told she'll have to pay her own bar tab.

[youtube]z2rL6NDoyKg[/youtube]

It is interesting to note the word used by the cleric to describe Rihads challenge of his hypocrisy.

http://i.imgur.com/nGEpbpO.jpg
I wished she'd whipped the milkers out - not only does she likely have very nice ones, but it would have been great to see his head explode!

franc

Post by franc »

Southern wrote:
Clarence wrote:
Southern wrote:
Clarence wrote:
it's Eucli's younger brother
Whoever that is.
Then again, this IS the pit and there are some feminists and probably a few OOLON sock puppets lurking about...
Pff. Everybody knows that the only sock puppets are franc's.

And, as you are discussing with welch and all, I'm pretty sure YOU are a sock puppet of franc hoggle. Ha! Gotcha.
I can see I'm REALLY going to have to catch up on who this Franc Hoggle guy is. You guys bring him up all the time, but I can remember nothing about him from the original EG brouhaha or as having anything to do with why this site was formed by Erv.

I'll do a googles. I'm not lazy. And I probably knew who he was but forgot. I'm getting old...just turned 42. I plead advanced age or wisdom or something.
It's a reference to a common FTB assertion, that the Slymepit is really a bunch of Franc Hoggle's (aka "Victor Ivanoff", as they think they doxxed him) sock puppets.

And, as Welch (aka "The Wizard Guy", from now on) is usually seen having heated discussions with Franc about... well, everything, and they usually call each other funny names, like you and The Wizard Guy were doing... connect the dots, will ya?

It's all very meta, I know. But let me have some fun in this wretched week, dammit. (Althought I'm sure Oklahoma people are having it much worse; my condolences to you all).
Full disclosure - I am Ophelia Benson. You are so stupid.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Southern wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:For someone who claims to have lurked here for a year, our new chew-toy Clarence seems oddly ignorant of the goings on. E.g. the provenance of Welch's stupid avatar.
He violated the first rule of Atheism Plus forum: not lurking enough!

Call ceepolk to ban him AT ONCE!

... wait...
Who said fuck-all about banning? Just pointing out that he's full of shit.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jesus fucking Christ what has happened to the Pit?
I just sat through a few pages lulzy insults directed at Clarence for having man-tits (and to his favour he took it well) but I didn't see many people denouncing that yet poor, harmless Ophelia, a person who make s a living off dancing in shit and then crying about her smelly feet, gets a daft analogy directed at her and the world is ending.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:When we've seen the baboons twist Ron Lindsay's vanilla WiS speech into a diatribe worthy of a fucking lynch mob demanding he gets sacked from his job I'm surprised anybody is really bothered about being quote-mined.
Interesting point. Why tip-toe around the tulips with this crowd when no matter what you say, they are going to find something to be upset about and misconstrue.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

I hereby denounce the hate directed at Clarence's man boobs. Flaunt what God gave you, Clarence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Jesus fucking Christ what has happened to the Pit?
I just sat through a few pages lulzy insults directed at Clarence for having man-tits (and to his favour he took it well) but I didn't see many people denouncing that yet poor, harmless Ophelia, a person who make s a living off dancing in shit and then crying about her smelly feet, gets a daft analogy directed at her and the world is ending.
No lie, bwana! Looks like some people just found a whole bunch of pearls that desperately need clutching...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

deLurch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:When we've seen the baboons twist Ron Lindsay's vanilla WiS speech into a diatribe worthy of a fucking lynch mob demanding he gets sacked from his job I'm surprised anybody is really bothered about being quote-mined.
Interesting point. Why tip-toe around the tulips with this crowd when no matter what you say, they are going to find something to be upset about and misconstrue.
You said it better.
*We* cannot fucking win the baboons over. Give them flowers and you will be accused of triggering their hay-fever. Send them chocolates and you're being lactose-intolerant-ableist.
I don't know what worrying about the baboon reaction over somebody's choice of insult or preferred vulgarity is supposed to achieve.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Where is this happening? I see most people joining in with Franc. Who I've decided is a cunt.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Lsuoma wrote:
No lie, bwana! Looks like some people just found a whole bunch of pearls that desperately need clutching...
Speaking only for myself, my comment is just my cheap attempt at collecting the Randi million, so fuck off! It's all MINE! :violin:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Where is this happening? I see most people joining in with Franc. Who I've decided is a cunt.
I'm a bigger cunt than franc is, even though he has a natural advantage being Strine.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AbsurdWalls wrote:I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.
My immediate reaction is you will be back eventually. I hope so anyway.

franc

Post by franc »

Cunning Punt wrote:
I dug up Hitch's corpse and stole his cock. That's the smell if you go down on me. I am woman. Hear me roar.

franc ophie

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cunning Punt wrote:
I could be wrong about the reasons but Absurd Walls has apparently left for good over it.
I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

AndrewV69 wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.
ditto that. It is good to take a break from time to time. My busy season (hopefully) is about to start. May have to take some time off myself just to focus on the business. The Pyt is way to much fun to stay away for long, though. The baboon shit can wear on one, but you guys 'n gals are a blast.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I hope so too. I like Absurd Walls (who seems to add a lot more to the general discussion than me) but I think people will be a lot happier with this place when they realise that everybody who posts here is an individual with their own personal tastes and reasons why they visit.

franc

Post by franc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
I hope so too. I like Absurd Walls (who seems to add a lot more to the general discussion than me) but I think people will be a lot happier with this place when they realise that everybody who posts here is an individual with their own personal tastes and reasons why they visit.
Shit, stranger give me danger, as the Stooges burbled 40 years ago. If I upset, "why dontcha kiss my sister's black cat's ass" (various Peckinpah movies) - sorry. Move on.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Gumby wrote:OMG I just read that blind persons summary of his experience at WiS2. If it really went down that way, Melody comes off as the most insensitive vacuous bitch on the planet. "Yeah I know exactly what it's like to be blind because I once hurt my ankle and couldn't walk up the stairs."

:violin:

Fuck me sideways. You'd think that would teach Hensley to think before she speaks, and that baselessly throwing around accusations of "privilege" is liable to eventually lead to your being nailed to the hypocrisy wall... but something tells me she Just. Won't. Get. It..... and the next time she meets a quadriplegic she'll say "Hey, I know just what you're going through - I had a hangnail once and it was a real oww-eee!

Great find, Dick!
I spotted it on Ally Fogg's twitter feed.
I noticed the slimy turd retweeted that. We all knew Hensley was incompetent already, but then again it's clear the blind man has some bias and had he not been blind, he most likely would have been a member of the fainting couch brigade. It seems CFI may have screwed the pooch when it came to disabled at the conference, though, which he used to his advantage when he criticised Lindsay for criticising Watson. He also seems to use the "disability" card to get some sympathy, because I'm pretty sure there were little short of 300 people attending the conference and the "invisibility" cannot possibly be blamed on just one person.

Ah well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube]4UDnTJcjPhY[/youtube]