Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Metalogic42

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Metalogic42 »

Nerd of Bullshit wrote:
Owlglass wrote:Problem number one is that courtship and sexually charged situations are full of ambiguities, unclear communication and innuendo.
Exactly as a slymepitter would say. Now, your turn to show real evidence.
No, exactly as anyone who has ever been in those situations would say. Sounds like Nerd of Bullshit has never been in a relationship. Either that, or s/h/it approaches relationships completely mechanically. Nerd is a robosexual! :O

Apples

Post by Apples »

Jack wrote:What throws me is the fact he is a Scientist and if they are not only Skeptic but willing for their ideas to be examined with close and brutal scrutiny they do not last long. His behaviour is the opposite of what you would expect from someone with any scientific training.
I figure he's probably a competent professor, but his publishing record is basically zilch -- he is more of a science teacher than a practicing "scientist." And if you're not doing a lot of original research you don't have much opportunity or motivation to fudge the facts or let your ideology obscure them. If PZ were in a soft science or any field with more room for interpretation, and trying to publish more actively, I have every reason to believe his shitty, self-serving ethics and his cavalier attitude toward the truth would be quite evident in his work.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Nerd of Bullshit wrote:
Owlglass wrote:Problem number one is that courtship and sexually charged situations are full of ambiguities, unclear communication and innuendo.
No, exactly as anyone who has ever been in those situations would say. Sounds like Nerd of Bullshit has never been in a relationship. Either that, or s/h/it approaches relationships completely mechanically. Nerd is a robosexual! :O
No, if he does not know that he is a complete idiot, he is just playing the 'evidence' game.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Apples wrote:
Jack wrote:What throws me is the fact he is a Scientist and if they are not only Skeptic but willing for their ideas to be examined with close and brutal scrutiny they do not last long. His behaviour is the opposite of what you would expect from someone with any scientific training.
I figure he's probably a competent professor, but his publishing record is basically zilch -- he is more of a science teacher than a practicing "scientist." And if you're not doing a lot of original research you don't have much opportunity or motivation to fudge the facts or let your ideology obscure them. If PZ were in a soft science or any field with more room for interpretation, and trying to publish more actively, I have every reason to believe his shitty, self-serving ethics and his cavalier attitude toward the truth would be quite evident in his work.
Yes he is behaving as a soft scientist while claiming to be a hard one.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I'm calling troll on that Strubbe character - looks to me like he was trying to push all the buttons short of declaring that he likes to go out on the rapey-rapey for a lark.

I see the Nerd app is having another meltdown over there - looks like it's need of an upgrade; 'adequacy101.DLL' might have been feasable if the OS wasn't so obviously buggy.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Nerd of Bullshit wrote:
even Bender wouldn't tap that loon.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Metalogic42 wrote:... Nerd is a robosexual! :O
Or a member of The First Church of Appliantogy.

[youtube]5oBGqkTnIAg[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Bhurzum wrote:
SkepularCharlie wrote:Another Aussie tweeter already acquainted with many on here.
Been watching from the shadows for some time. It's about time to get more involved.
Oh no, another one of these...

http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2012/10/ ... 53114.jpeg

Fuck off sir!

(Love the avatar btw!)
Eric bana in Chopper? (I have that one, but haven't watched it yet)

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
SkepularCharlie wrote:Another Aussie tweeter already acquainted with many on here.
Been watching from the shadows for some time. It's about time to get more involved.

Fuck off sir!

(Love the avatar btw!)
Bloody great film!!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

Fuck off sir!

(Love the avatar btw!)
It's a good movie.

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

welch

Post by welch »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Nerd of Bullshit wrote:
Were i to find out that Nerd has never been in an intimate relationship with another human being that did not begin and end with "services rendered", I'd not be surprised in the least.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Apples wrote:Dennis Strubbe over at Pharyngula trotted out a bunch of tired, fairly incoherent arguments about mitigating rape risk, etc. (not quite sure English is his first language), and I actually have no major qualms about the way they handled him before banning him ... [...] So here's my question - if Dennis is a rapist, what are PZ and the Pharyngulites going to do about it? [...]
What this guy wrote was at the very least asinine. Being banned from a blog is hardly a punishment, but I wouldn't want to give someone like this an audience either. I hope he doesn't come here. However, knowing how it works over there, the question is always: "does it have to do with reality?" All of the topics that involve some social justice are full of traps, baits, wires and alert buttons. If someone goes in there, clueless and more so with the real name (so it looks like), they are entangled in no time and very quickly dressed up to be their witch of the day. It actually doesn't matter what they actually think. There is no room for misunderstanding, no room to reconsider views or anything the like. Most people, when accused, have the initial reaction to explain themselves, trying to wash their names clean or at least come away halfway decent, which over there only leads them deeper into the morass. It possible that they then unleash their real views, but it could also that they become just trollish.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote: Yes, quite agree. I think part of the problem is that I didn’t notice that Andrew said “If I can ridicule people for their bad ideas then they should be equally free to ridicule mine” which says that he can ridicule people for their ideas but they can only ridicule his ideas – probably not what he intended.
I do see how it could be read that way. Intent is not magic and all that, and it could be viewed, and with justification as sloppy.

So let me flesh that out for you:

"If I can ridicule people for their bad ideas then they should be equally free to ridicule me for mine”

I do reserve the right the right to say they are stupid, instead of just saying the idea is stupid. Likewise I have no objection to them doing the same.

Although while I may refrain from doing so and just attack the idea, I have no particular objection to being attacked personally in return.

It brings a smile to my face, because it tells me that they have no argument, or have run out of arguments and have to resort to attacking my corpus, rather than my idea.

Furthermore, when they do something like say, call Phil a MRA, no doubt intended to be in their eyes as a deadly insult, designed to wound, and be especially hurtful, they have no grounds to complain if someone then photoshops the head of PeeZuss Christ on top of a dildo.

You can argue of course that the two are not the same. But at that point you may as well ask me how many fucks I give while you are at it.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

@Andrewv69, so precisely how many fucks do you give?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apples wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:Has anyone got a handy list of all the things I'm supposed to denounce today? Wouldn't want to upset Those Who Only Stand and Watch.
Before you leap, just keep in mind that saying "male and female" when referring to humans is apparently now verboten at Pharyngula, and in addition to "homosexual" it looks like "stupid" may be upgraded to the status of slur at A+theism.

If you hear someone say something like, "Certain male homosexuals, such as Josh the Spokesgay and Tony the Queer Shoop, are stupid," you should make sure to point out that the offender is a homophobic, fascist, ableist, motherfucking nazi.
My response is to say male and female as often as possible, and in fact to try and use them when I would normally have said man and woman.

Just like I have said cunt here in the last year or so, around a bazillion times more than I ever had before in my entire life. Likewise all the other bad wurds you get from me.

I suppose strictly speaking that qualifies as trolling.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I don't ever do this (well, I guess now I do), but I've just skipped over about 4 or 5 of the last pages here and am starting fresh from this post onwards. I'll never catch up otherwise.

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

rocko2466 wrote:Who's your twat?

We only use that word to insult people, so you must be referring to someone.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0w4w ... o1_500.gif
Artist's rendering

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Aneris wrote:
Apples wrote:Dennis Strubbe over at Pharyngula trotted out a bunch of tired, fairly incoherent arguments about mitigating rape risk, etc. (not quite sure English is his first language), and I actually have no major qualms about the way they handled him before banning him ... [...] So here's my question - if Dennis is a rapist, what are PZ and the Pharyngulites going to do about it? [...]
What this guy wrote was at the very least asinine. Being banned from a blog is hardly a punishment, but I wouldn't want to give someone like this an audience either. I hope he doesn't come here. However, knowing how it works over there, the question is always: "does it have to do with reality?" All of the topics that involve some social justice are full of traps, baits, wires and alert buttons. If someone goes in there, clueless and more so with the real name (so it looks like), they are entangled in no time and very quickly dressed up to be their witch of the day. It actually doesn't matter what they actually think. There is no room for misunderstanding, no room to reconsider views or anything the like. Most people, when accused, have the initial reaction to explain themselves, trying to wash their names clean or at least come away halfway decent, which over there only leads them deeper into the morass. It possible that they then unleash their real views, but it could also that they become just trollish.
I didn't follow his argument throught hte entire comment section but his initial argument seems sound for "stranger rape". We men are also advised to 1. Travel in groups/with a buddy (at night especially). 2. Do not go into seedy parts of town/ known violent areas. 3. Don't flash a lot of cash around. etc. These are basic precautions that everyone must decide to follow (or not) to help reduce risk of all "stranger crime".

Now when the hoard began to apply these rules to "non-stranger rape" (date rape, marital rape etc.) then his argument was not applicable and he should have said so. Owlglass then eloquently set out a program which IMO has a chance of reducing the date rape type of cases.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

jimthepleb wrote:@Andrewv69, so precisely how many fucks do you give?
As many as you care to not get.

(If you figure it out let me know so I can claim it as my idea. Thanks In Advance)

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

In that exchange, mythbri cites : this as a source. It is a link to a blog that has a dead link (404) to a (feminist) critique of another study, entitled "Just Say No? The Use of Conversation Analysis In Developing A Feminist Perspective On Sexual Refusal,"(sic)

Since when are blog posts evidence?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

FrankGrimes wrote:So... errrr.... ummm... what's an MRA?

I've been trying to work it out based on context.

Is it a Male Rights Association (member)?

A Male Rights Associate?

A Male Rights Advocate?

Am I at least on the right track?
Last I heard it meant Men's Rights Activist.

But I am apparently out of the loop these days. They went and changed it from MRM (Men's Rights Movement) to MHRM (Men's Human Rights Movement) without sending me the memo.

For all I know they think I went feral like Kurtz or something because I have not checked in for quite awhile now, instead I spend more time here than there. Willard might even be heading upriver for a few words even as we speak.

I am a tad miffed. So fuck them, fuck them into the ground.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Is it me, or do some people at FtB not know what the term 'meta' means?
Ogvorbis
11 March 2013 at 7:51 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment
[META]

I have this horrible vision of Astrokid NJ (or some other misogynist asshat) standing up at a Nobel Prize presentation in which the prize is going to a woman and shouting, “Tits or GTFO!”

[/META]
Sorry, what?

:confusion-confused:

Improbable Joe also has that weird habit of typing [meta] before his posts when they're not in the slightest. Some kind of inside joke?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-576722

(Just so you know, this is a meta reference.)

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Submariner wrote:In that exchange, mythbri cites : this as a source. It is a link to a blog that has a dead link (404) to a (feminist) critique of another study, entitled "Just Say No? The Use of Conversation Analysis In Developing A Feminist Perspective On Sexual Refusal,"(sic)

Since when are blog posts evidence?
All feminism 101's link to op-ed or blog posts as far as i can see.
Facts, who needs em when emotions will suffice?....at least that's how i feel.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

bhoytony wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I don't know, chicks wanting to know how to do computer stuff, ridiculous. They'll be wanting us to explain the offside rule next.
Or the value of a good forward defensive stroke.
Eh?
It's a cricketing term. Lsuoma is the third Earl of Cuntshire, and such things fascinate him.
Ahh, as a Scot I have heard of this strange native pastime, but have never seen the savages indulging in it.

I've always wanted to watch some Ritual Idioting in person, but I doubt I'll get the chance.

windy

Post by windy »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Nerd of Bullshit wrote:
The "Redhead" is his (long-suffering?) wife.

Apples

Post by Apples »

windy wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Nerd of Bullshit wrote:
The "Redhead" is his (long-suffering?) wife.
Yeah I believe she had a stroke or something and he is her full-time caregiver -- meals, help to the bathroom, everything. I admire him for his apparent devotion, not that it makes him less of a moronic, obnoxious piece of shit as a commenter.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Given how mentally fogged-up Nerd app appears, I wouldn't surprised if the woman he calls his wife was actually his nurse.

"Yes dear, we're married, I know. Now let's see if you can eat yor stewed apricots without pissing yourself this time, okay?"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Okay. That was not a good time to get ninja'd.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Lousy Cunt is moving to ....... Minnesota. Yep - the Zvans, PZ .... looks like from a comment Flewellyn from A+ may be a Minnesotan. Now I hate Minnesota even more than I did before.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Tigzy wrote:Okay. That was not a good time to get ninja'd.
:hankey:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

rocko2466 wrote:
Gumby wrote:
DeepInsideYourMind wrote: Totally blood awesome... I just wish Rocko could sing in tune :)
If he could sing in tune, those videos would lose a lot of their fun imo.
I try to make up for the lack of ability by just going a little bit weird.
And that is exactly the right attitude to have! :)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dr Janice Fiamengo, a professor of English at the University of Ottawa, gave a talk at the University of Toronto about the politicisation of academia by militant feminists.

So I expect this is why MRAs were interested in what she had to say.

I also suspect that this talk may be relevant here also, because we have P.Z. Myers and others attempting to inject some form of feminist ideology into the S/A community.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/university- ... sentation/
As promised, here is the complete talk by Dr. Janice Fiamengo at the University of Toronto. Enjoy, and thanks again to Dan Perrins and Christian Chiasson.

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 -

Part 6 -

Part 7 -

Tidbits and special features Part 0 -
No idea if this includes the Q&A where apparently she gave a "weak" response to at least one question.

About to listen to the series myself.

YMMV

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Apples wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Okay. That was not a good time to get ninja'd.
:hankey:
:lol:

Sure, the expression might be inappropriate, but the sentiment behind it ain't. Nerd app has demonstrated little in the way of being a clueless weirdo fuckwit of the highest order. And I've got plenty of citations for that, an' all.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Tigzy wrote:Sure, the expression might be inappropriate, but the sentiment behind it ain't. Nerd app has demonstrated little in the way of being a clueless weirdo fuckwit of the highest order. And I've got plenty of citations for that, an' all.
Totally agree. The fact that PZ and everyone else let him get away with his schtick is sad. He gets a little snark from fellow Pharyngulites occasionally, which warms my heart, but mostly they let him stumble around and piss in the corner with impunity.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

[quote="jimthepleb"]just wanted to put this here to celebrate Douglas Adams 61st Birthday
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Gua ... h--001.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5412314112/h191CC41A/

Apples

Post by Apples »

AndrewV69 wrote:Dr Janice Fiamengo, a professor of English at the University of Ottawa, gave a talk at the University of Toronto about the politicisation of academia by militant feminists.
She does seem interesting. Many academics are annoyed by having to live and breathe political correctness, but relatively few have the guts to speak up about it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Yea Gods and Little Fishes!

Not too far into the 1st video someone sings a song that seriously offended my ears as in having no redeeming artistic merits.

Do not quit your day job man! Even a Bass player could do better.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Jack wrote:
What throws me is the fact he is a Scientist and if they are not only Skeptic but willing for their ideas to be examined with close and brutal scrutiny they do not last long. His behaviour is the opposite of what you would expect from someone with any scientific training.
I really have never thought of PZ as a "scientist", and that's not meant to be a dig at him. Scientists do research, publish papers, etc. They do science. Whatever PZ did of that was a long time ago. To me, he has always been more of a biology teacher than a scientist. OK, so he tortures the occasional zebrafish.

Apples

Post by Apples »

AndrewV69 wrote:Yea Gods and Little Fishes!

Not too far into the 1st video someone sings a song that seriously offended my ears as in having no redeeming artistic merits.

Also, the guy who introduces her says "prostrate cancer" twice instead of "prostate cancer," but whatevs.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Apples wrote:Lousy Cunt is moving to ....... Minnesota. Yep - the Zvans, PZ .... looks like from a comment Flewellyn from A+ may be a Minnesotan. Now I hate Minnesota even more than I did before.
They'll be ready to start building their cult compound soon.

Barael

Post by Barael »

Sylvia Sybil in the "Pitters are literally Hitler cuz Setar sez so"-thread:
I understand you wish to highlight the differences between the pitters and the Nazis. But I ask you to honor the same request you made to Setar, and not hyperbolize slurs, harassment, rape threats, and assault threats into "immature disagreement".
Come on folks, 'fess up, who's been doing the rape and assault (?) threats to the poor A+:sers again? It's not like they'd just make up shit like that, would they? Cause they're decent and good and moral people over there, aren't they?

Personally I'm disappointed the guy who dared point out that fascists like, murdered a few million people, hasn't been banned yet. Come on A+ mods, you know you want to!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gumby wrote:
Apples wrote:Lousy Cunt is moving to ....... Minnesota. Yep - the Zvans, PZ .... looks like from a comment Flewellyn from A+ may be a Minnesotan. Now I hate Minnesota even more than I did before.
Thay've already got the koolaid. :whistle:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Apples wrote: Yeah I believe she had a stroke or something and he is her full-time caregiver -- meals, help to the bathroom, everything. I admire him for his apparent devotion, not that it makes him less of a moronic, obnoxious piece of shit as a commenter.
Might explain his behavior, at least partially. I've been in somewhat of a similar position in the past, and the need to vent can be strong.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apples wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Yea Gods and Little Fishes!

Also, the guy who introduces her says "prostrate cancer" twice instead of "prostate cancer," but whatevs.
Bitch Please!! I can forgive that, but not the singing.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Pitchguest wrote:Is it me, or do some people at FtB not know what the term 'meta' means?
Ogvorbis
[META]

I have this horrible vision of Astrokid NJ (or some other misogynist asshat) standing up at a Nobel Prize presentation in which the prize is going to a woman and shouting, “Tits or GTFO!”

[/META]
Sorry, what?

Improbable Joe also has that weird habit of typing [meta] before his posts when they're not in the slightest. Some kind of inside joke?

I thought that insufferable bore John Morales was the [meta] guy.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Gumby wrote:
Apples wrote: Yeah I believe she had a stroke or something and he is her full-time caregiver -- meals, help to the bathroom, everything. I admire him for his apparent devotion, not that it makes him less of a moronic, obnoxious piece of shit as a commenter.
Might explain his behavior, at least partially. I've been in somewhat of a similar position in the past, and the need to vent can be strong.
I agree.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
Needing to vent is one thing. Being a relentless shit is something else.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Apples wrote: I figure he's probably a competent professor, but his publishing record is basically zilch -- he is more of a science teacher than a practicing "scientist."
Ah, you beat me to it.
If PZ were in a soft science or any field with more room for interpretation, and trying to publish more actively, I have every reason to believe his shitty, self-serving ethics and his cavalier attitude toward the truth would be quite evident in his work.
He'd be a peddler of woo, like Deepak Chopra. Actually, he already is.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Gumby wrote:
Jack wrote:
What throws me is the fact he is a Scientist and if they are not only Skeptic but willing for their ideas to be examined with close and brutal scrutiny they do not last long. His behaviour is the opposite of what you would expect from someone with any scientific training.
I really have never thought of PZ as a "scientist", and that's not meant to be a dig at him. Scientists do research, publish papers, etc. They do science. Whatever PZ did of that was a long time ago. To me, he has always been more of a biology teacher than a scientist. OK, so he tortures the occasional zebrafish.
To be fair, Zebrafish are cunts
One of them raped my mum
Just saying

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Barael wrote:Sylvia Sybil in the "Pitters are literally Hitler cuz Setar sez so"-thread:
I understand you wish to highlight the differences between the pitters and the Nazis. But I ask you to honor the same request you made to Setar, and not hyperbolize slurs, harassment, rape threats, and assault threats into "immature disagreement".
Come on folks, 'fess up, who's been doing the rape and assault (?) threats to the poor A+:sers again? It's not like they'd just make up shit like that, would they? Cause they're decent and good and moral people over there, aren't they?

Personally I'm disappointed the guy who dared point out that fascists like, murdered a few million people, hasn't been banned yet. Come on A+ mods, you know you want to!
I've been following that thread as it's produced a good few laughs. They are so up their own fundaments there is nothing they won't find fault with. Also e4e5 is the first person on there I have seen using reason and logic. He's screwed.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

jimthepleb wrote: To be fair, Zebrafish are cunts
One of them raped my mum
Just saying
So many photoshops, so little time...

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Gumby wrote:
Yes, especially if he is struggling to get assistance.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Gumby wrote:
Jenstown.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Barael wrote:Sylvia Sybil in the "Pitters are literally Hitler cuz Setar sez so"-thread:

Should quote Setar too, for context, and lulz.
And this is exactly what I meant when I put "OH NOES, I REFERENCED TEH NAZIS" in brackets -- because I knew that someone was going to come along with a big crying eraser about how Fascism is REALLY REALLY ACTUALLY BAD and to not compare the Slymepit to that because that's unfair.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe I know a thing or two about Fascism, and the comparison might have something more to it than pure hyperbole? Like, y'know, observing similarities in behaviour, even if the medium and thus the available courses of action are different? Do I not get to do that where Fascism is concerned?
I'm betting that Setar is sitting in a smoky room right now watching the history channel and jotting down notes. Maybe underlining "demonisation of the out-group" a few times, unaware of the irony.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Lighthearted joke or horrible death threat against a pitter?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/826/whatna.png

For the record, I can see it as a joke, although a rather morbid one. But this again reeks of hypocrisy coming from people who milk every instance of a person saying "I wish you got ... " or "If I were a girl I would ...".

Again, it's a joke if they doing, a horrible violent misogynistic death threat if someone else does it.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Gumby wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Is it me, or do some people at FtB not know what the term 'meta' means?
Ogvorbis
[META]

[/META]
Sorry, what?

I thought that insufferable bore John Morales was the [meta] guy.
Ah! John Morales. That's it. Wrong J.

cunt

Post by cunt »

By the way, I didn't quote-mine Setar above. I know it might look like that, but that's really the entire post.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 1&start=25

JAB

Post by JAB »

re the Minnesota concentration... So lousy canuck is moving there? Did he win the green card lottery or is he going to be an illegal? Maybe PZ thinks he can get him to cut his lawn.

About 15 yeary ago my sister and her family moved to South Dakota to a town not far from Morris and of similar size. Quite the culture shock for her. For instance, she was shunned for a while, until she figured out why. It got better after she explained a few times that she and her husband were indeed married even though they had different last names. And the town absolutely revolves around the highschool football team. She summarized living there as living in the 1950s except with suvs everywhere.

So this is likely true in Morris too and may have coloured the views of this cabal, although likely not so bad for those in bigger cities in the state.

Altair

Post by Altair »

My last post should say "it's a joke if they do it" instead of "it's a joke if they doing". And I even previewed it :(
Guess it's time to go home and shut down the brain

Apples

Post by Apples »

Gumby wrote:
jimthepleb wrote: To be fair, Zebrafish are cunts
One of them raped my mum
Just saying
So many photoshops, so little time...
By the way, per AnthonyK/Brownstain over at the 'Gulag, first comment in response to PZ's post about a black woman pioneer who was a rare voice speaking out against lynching in the 19th Century:
AnthonyK wrote:I understand the website “A Voice for Lynching” was still trying to attract talented young photoshoppers to provide content at the time, but yes, those radical anti-lynchers were a minority fringe then.
Ha ha ha ha ha - isn't that funny? The Slymepit = AVfM = a mob of racist terrorists. Presumably now that it's fashionable in baboon-land to compare equity feminists and others who disagree to Stormfront, the Nazis, fascists, mass-murderers, and homicidal vigilantes, they will stop complaining when people like Paula Kirby refer to them as the femistasi. But I won't hold my breath.