Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Lsuoma »

sacha wrote:
Submariner wrote:Oh this is priceless: http://blog.chron.com/sacredduty/2013/0 ... -movement/
apparently Amy makes "female freethought paraphernalia"
ffp.jpg
I was about to call you a stalker, but the idea of anyone getting a stalk over that is unthinkable...

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hmm. About Ellenbeth Wachs' latest, yes, it is indeed impressive to see her calmly standing up to Ophie' bathit insanity, but as Southern quite accurately points out: "don't forget that Justin Vacula will rape your daughter when you are not looking."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted: https://twitter.com/kchitwood/status/334758521050644482
Ken Chitwood Ken Chitwood ‏@kchitwood

@NotungSchwert @Tigzy_J That mistake is now corrected. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
At least I think Notung and me saved Ophelia from having a heart attack. Personally, I'd consider it my good deed for the day.

It seems the link he initially meant to put in was A Voice For Men. Hmmm...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh, hang on - Ken changed the link cos Paul Elam started waffling away in the comments section of his blog, by the looks of things.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Hmm, not bad! I did have to google him though, just to make sure you weren't slipping me a serial killer or something, but he seems to be an actor. Thank you kindly, Mr Representative of the Patriarchy! :)
Fine, fine, this one's just for you, SN:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... phil/8.jpg

(that's when we still believed Darwin was male. Well, she's not, and we didn't throw her in the river when we found out she's female, contrary to FTB narrative.)
Ahhh, she's cute. Pussy pics wasn't quite what I had in mind, but that's ok. Very cute! I take it neither of you are serial killers? :)

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

I was just reading RW's Wkipedia page, for no specific reason and I found this. The last sentence is priceless:
The Public Radio Talent Quest

In May 2007, Watson entered The Public Radio Talent Quest, a contest aimed to find new public radio hosts.[10] The contest claims to have received more than 1,400 entries.[11] Watson's entries won the popular vote in every round,[12] and she was declared one of three winners who each would receive $10,000 to produce a public radio pilot.[13]

Watson's pilot, Curiosity, Aroused,[14] was an hour-long program focused on science and skepticism.[13] It featured interviews with Richard Saunders of Australian Skeptics and Mystery Investigators, and Richard Wiseman, author of Quirkology and Professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. She also investigated claims of poisonous amounts of lead in lipstick, went on a ghost tour in Boston and visited a Psychic Fair.

Her show was the only one among the three winners not to receive funding by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for being turned into a one-year show.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:Oh well, it was fun while it lasted: https://twitter.com/kchitwood/status/334758521050644482

@NotungSchwert @Tigzy_J That mistake is now corrected. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
At least I think Notung and me saved Ophelia from having a heart attack. Personally, I'd consider it my good deed for the day.

I don't like the linking of the slymepit with A voice for Men.
We are an atheist/skeptical site based on the idea of exposing hypocrisy within the movement.
They are simply an ideological group opposed to feminism. While Elam and a fair few of his members are personally atheists I don't think AVFM has anything to do with atheism.

Southern

Post by Southern »

I love this in particular:
REBECCA WATSON IS PROPOSING EUGENICS.

Rebecca Twatson is not good enough of an alias for her. I hereby declare rebrand her as "Rebecca Mengele Naziston", from the "eugenchicks.com" network.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Oh well, it was fun while it lasted: https://twitter.com/kchitwood/status/334758521050644482

We are an atheist/skeptical site based on the idea of exposing hypocrisy within the movement.
They are simply an ideological group opposed to feminism. While Elam and a fair few of his members are personally atheists I don't think AVFM has anything to do with atheism.
I don't think anyone over at AVFM would say that it does have anything to do with Atheism. They don't appear to be as stupid as some in liking their ideology to Atheism.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Strawkins

Well, at least he put the link there rather than just stating it - people can come along and make up their own minds as to whether or not the pit is anything like AVFM.

Also, judging from Elam's post in the comments, it's easy to see why Ken could have been led to the conclusion that AVFM might be overly concerned with feminism as regards atheism. Especially as his initial mistake made it pretty clear he dashed off the piece without doing much in the way of homework on the matter.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Haha, Ophelia Benson got confused with A Voice For Men :p

Southern

Post by Southern »

sacha wrote:
Submariner wrote:Oh this is priceless: http://blog.chron.com/sacredduty/2013/0 ... -movement/
ffp.jpg
You can't fool me. That's the Goth chick from NCIS.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@HisSatanicMajesty

Ophelia Benson could get confused with a lot of things. :whistle:

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Okay okay ... I'm slowly reading more details about the kidnapping case. Can one of the pitters explain for this ignoramous why the fuck that psycho piece of shit was not jailed/convinved because of domestice violence, or I dunno assualt on his ex wife? Or even fucking murder? Because it's very possible that the injuries that he caused to her were the indirect cause of death.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

My response to the Houston Chronicle article:

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... ularism-2/

windy

Post by windy »

Southern wrote:I love this in particular:

REBECCA WATSON IS PROPOSING EUGENICS.

Rebecca Twatson is not good enough of an alias for her. I hereby declare rebrand her as "Rebecca Mengele Naziston", from the "eugenchicks.com" network.
Despite the blue-haired avatar, that's not Watson but former ScienceBlogger Blake Stacey, now apparently reduced to retweeting reheated 'feminism' from Lousy Canuck, Watson, inter alia.

welch

Post by welch »

d4m10n wrote:Female atheists fight for equality in freethought movement - Houston Chronicle http://t.co/LPMHEcGNED <-- SlymePit gets a shout out.

Email I sent the author. If I misrepresented anyone, I apologize now. I tried hard to not speak for anyone, since that would be wrong. I think I did a decent job of it:
You seem to have gotten some bad info on what at least the slymepit is saying about atheism and feminism. Understandable given the probable source, but I think you may have been sold a line of baloney about how no one on that site believes in equality of either treatment or opportunity for women. That would be incorrect.

First, the 'pit is a forum, and about as coherent as a bucket of annoyed crabs. About all it has in common with A Voice For Men is:

There are a small number of active posters in the 'pit that are also a part of AVfM. Perhaps 3-4. They are not in any form of majority, nor do their opinions get some kind of free pass on things. I emphasize active, because the inactive posters/lurkers or folks that only post every so often are harder to gauge.

Both are in fact web sites.

There is some agreement with some of the points that Paul Elam et al make. There is also some rather pointed disagreement with some of the sillier, if not stupider things that Elam et al have said and done.

It is fair to say that the people in the 'pit are fully down with everyone being treated equally, aka "The radical idea that women are people too." (It's really not that radical of an idea, but sure.) The women in the 'pit are especially vocal about that. Where most folks differ is in how to go about it. There's not a lot of patience for the kind of thing that folks there, including myself, see as the infantilization of women as a way to achieve equality. Women, particularly the women in the 'pit are strong, smart, independent fully functional people. They do not need anyone, male, female, or various shades of transfolk to smooth over all the bumps and pad all the corners. They are fully function adults who require no coddling. Give them the same chance to succeed as anyone else, and then let them succeed or fail based on their own skills and determination. Call one of them a cunt or a whore in an attempt to hurt them, and you will most likely be mocked for poor use of profanity.

Don't place needless spiked pits in their path, and you'll find that people, regardless of gender will succeed rather handily. Not women, not men, but people. That is kind of the point, right?

The general view on atheism in the 'pit is that it is a term for people who do not believe in deity. That's about where it ends. Social issues are generally thought to more properly fit under other labels, i.e. humanism and such. Other folks disagree, and that's their right. Doesn't mean they're "wrong", doesn't mean the people in the 'pit are "wrong". Just means there's some disagreement about goals and implementations. It's not highlander, there can be more than one.

Is the 'pit a particularly gentle place where everyone works to be nurturing and affirming and nary a cross word is used? Not even close. It is, without doubt, rough and tumble. The language there is frequently, and quite imaginatively obscene and profane, and hardly safe for work. It is a place where you are welcome to say anything you like, but, no one gets a free pass on any of it, and if you say things not supported by reality, you'll be called on it. Directly, bluntly, and with many rude words. It is not a "nice" place, nor is it a heartless uncaring place. When any of its members talks about a loss, the folks there react as you would expect, with sympathy, kind words, and possibly light teasing depending on the person. Successes are celebrated, bad days or weeks are commiserated, and there are various causes that people are free to support or not without penalty. Operation Smile is a notable one, along with Muttville Senior Dog rescue.

Do people sometimes post things that are considered "beyond the pale"? Yep, and the reaction to that is the same as the reaction to any other idiocy. Swift, direct, and blunt.

It's closest in nature to the archetypical pub with all the personality types that implies. Perhaps you should stop by sometime and lurk on the "main" thread, the "Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread". You may like it, you may not, but at least judge it, for good or ill, by what it actually is, not what others have told you it is.

Barael

Post by Barael »

welch

Post by welch »

Reap wrote:
welch wrote:Okay, let's start the deadpool now. How long at WISC2 will it take Vacula to:

1) Do something so stupid he gets kicked out.
2) Do something really stupid that doesn't get him kicked out, but still makes him look like a twat.

my bets....
1) by the end of the first day
2) Five seconds after he gets in the line to pick up his badge.

I'll take that bet. What are you willing to lose?
It's a deadpool. Whomever gets closest to right wins...whatever the prize is. It's not a traditional bet.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Was it because of my Braless Boobquake video? I completely forgot to promote it last month on Boobquake Day (Apr 26). A couple of years ago, when Jen post-birth-aborted her boobquake child, I rescued the 'boobquake' part for my own pet cause: bralessness becoming acceptable for those who are physically more comfortable without bras.

Braless Boobquake!
[youtube]kPauBZ1tqcs[/youtube]

hah! no, I had not seen that video, although it is spot on. Often my bra was already off 3 feet from the door when I arrived home. Absolutely I wore one for societal reasons, and it was strange to go without at first. Now, I am not self conscious, and I am so much more comfortable.

You had spoken about the freedom of being braless early on either here, or at the original slymepit, and your words would replay in my mind, finally I could not see any reason why you should be free of the discomfort and societal expectations, and not me as well.

If you had very small breasts, I would never have paid much attention. It is a lot easier to go without a bra when one does not "need" the support, but I knew your breasts were larger than mine.

many thanks for freeing me from my binds.

hmmmm wasn't bra burning something feminists did?
I thought bra burning was supposed to be a part of the hated unnecessary but expected gender roles, but there have been surprisingly few feminists who actually gave them up.

How do you know my boobs are bigger than yours? Mine are not very big, actually. Without divulging AnonyNipple's identity, I can safely say mine are the exact same size and shape as hers. :shhh:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

And the Pit already discussed, to some extent, the shaneningans of AVfM - and some of the people that participated on that discussion had harsh criticism of them. There are people that don't even care about them.

The only stance were I believe the Pit went "in defense" of somebody from AVfM (and not AVfM itself) was the Lord Setar The Boxcutter Wielder/Creppy Bitter Girl/Nutty Feminists vs Guy Putting Posters on Private Property fiasco.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:Hmm. About Ellenbeth Wachs' latest, yes, it is indeed impressive to see her calmly standing up to Ophie' bathit insanity, but as Southern quite accurately points out: "don't forget that Justin Vacula will rape your daughter when you are not looking."
Which is why many people are seeing what actually happens. She will probably not become a totally different person, but I think it's safe to say her opinions on a few things, and people, have significantly changed.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

welch, bravo. Excellent.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

About your long letter, that is.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

welch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Female atheists fight for equality in freethought movement - Houston Chronicle http://t.co/LPMHEcGNED <-- SlymePit gets a shout out.

Email I sent the author. If I misrepresented anyone, I apologize now. I tried hard to not speak for anyone, since that would be wrong. I think I did a decent job of it:
You seem to have gotten some bad info on what at least the slymepit is saying about atheism and feminism. Understandable given the probable source, but I think you may have been sold a line of baloney about how no one on that site believes in equality of either treatment or opportunity for women. That would be incorrect.

First, the 'pit is a forum, and about as coherent as a bucket of annoyed crabs. About all it has in common with A Voice For Men is:

There are a small number of active posters in the 'pit that are also a part of AVfM. Perhaps 3-4. They are not in any form of majority, nor do their opinions get some kind of free pass on things. I emphasize active, because the inactive posters/lurkers or folks that only post every so often are harder to gauge.

There is some agreement with some of the points that Paul Elam et al make. There is also some rather pointed disagreement with some of the sillier, if not stupider things that Elam et al have said and done.

It is fair to say that the people in the 'pit are fully down with everyone being treated equally, aka "The radical idea that women are people too." (It's really not that radical of an idea, but sure.) The women in the 'pit are especially vocal about that. Where most folks differ is in how to go about it. There's not a lot of patience for the kind of thing that folks there, including myself, see as the infantilization of women as a way to achieve equality. Women, particularly the women in the 'pit are strong, smart, independent fully functional people. They do not need anyone, male, female, or various shades of transfolk to smooth over all the bumps and pad all the corners. They are fully function adults who require no coddling. Give them the same chance to succeed as anyone else, and then let them succeed or fail based on their own skills and determination. Call one of them a cunt or a whore in an attempt to hurt them, and you will most likely be mocked for poor use of profanity.

Don't place needless spiked pits in their path, and you'll find that people, regardless of gender will succeed rather handily. Not women, not men, but people. That is kind of the point, right?

The general view on atheism in the 'pit is that it is a term for people who do not believe in deity. That's about where it ends. Social issues are generally thought to more properly fit under other labels, i.e. humanism and such. Other folks disagree, and that's their right. Doesn't mean they're "wrong", doesn't mean the people in the 'pit are "wrong". Just means there's some disagreement about goals and implementations. It's not highlander, there can be more than one.

Is the 'pit a particularly gentle place where everyone works to be nurturing and affirming and nary a cross word is used? Not even close. It is, without doubt, rough and tumble. The language there is frequently, and quite imaginatively obscene and profane, and hardly safe for work. It is a place where you are welcome to say anything you like, but, no one gets a free pass on any of it, and if you say things not supported by reality, you'll be called on it. Directly, bluntly, and with many rude words. It is not a "nice" place, nor is it a heartless uncaring place. When any of its members talks about a loss, the folks there react as you would expect, with sympathy, kind words, and possibly light teasing depending on the person. Successes are celebrated, bad days or weeks are commiserated, and there are various causes that people are free to support or not without penalty. Operation Smile is a notable one, along with Muttville Senior Dog rescue.

Do people sometimes post things that are considered "beyond the pale"? Yep, and the reaction to that is the same as the reaction to any other idiocy. Swift, direct, and blunt.

It's closest in nature to the archetypical pub with all the personality types that implies. Perhaps you should stop by sometime and lurk on the "main" thread, the "Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread". You may like it, you may not, but at least judge it, for good or ill, by what it actually is, not what others have told you it is.
I think you did well here. Not sure if it will invite the author to update his article, or write another one though.

This is what I perceive as the problem with "journalism" these days. They won't get the other side of a story. Ever notice stories published that in the last paragraph say something like " Attempted to reach xyz for a response. Call was not immediately returned.

So they publish what is possibly a half truth.
IMO, this happens on both sides of the spectrum. It's really difficult to get unadulterated "news" these days.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

welch wrote:
John Greg wrote:Hmm. About Ellenbeth Wachs' latest, yes, it is indeed impressive to see her calmly standing up to Ophie' bathit insanity, but as Southern quite accurately points out: "don't forget that Justin Vacula will rape your daughter when you are not looking."
Which is why many people are seeing what actually happens. She will probably not become a totally different person, but I think it's safe to say her opinions on a few things, and people, have significantly changed.
Oh, her opinion of certain people have certainly changed when just a few months back she was dogged in her defense of anyone FTB or Skepchick.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

welch wrote:
Reap wrote:
welch wrote:Okay, let's start the deadpool now. How long at WISC2 will it take Vacula to:

2) Do something really stupid that doesn't get him kicked out, but still makes him look like a twat.

my bets....

It's a deadpool. Whomever gets closest to right wins...whatever the prize is. It's not a traditional bet.
I say Vacula gets on an elevator with Watson, Svan, Hensley and Benson, the latter of whom panics and hits the emergency button, stopping the elevator between floors and necessitating the occupants to climb out through the roof hatch. Ophelia panics again at the thought of Vacula taking upskirt pics and accuses Justin of "stochastic terrorism". It being Washington, this accusation is picked up by the CIA and Vacula is hauled away to Guantanamo bay for extensive waterboarding.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

John Greg wrote:welch, bravo. Excellent.
Aye. I dunno why but this bit popped out at me:
It is not a "nice" place, nor is it a heartless uncaring place.
Sounds about right.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

my bets....
My prediction: JV will arrive. He will have a blast the first day because everyone will pay attention to him and by paying attention I mean actively trying to avoid him. He will incessantly talk about his tweets, his blog posts, his fucking atheist activism, how he's a great atheist leader (swoon ladies!), say how FTB calls him nasty names, distorts his views, and are big meanies to him. The second day, those who have survived the attack of boredom that can be caused by listening to too much JV will know better to avoid him. So JV will get no attention, no satisfaction. And in a desparate attempt to have people notice him, he climbs on the podium strips naked and shows his willy to everyone. He gets arrested because of indecent exposure, sexual assault, objectifying women, etc., and is thrown out.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Trophy wrote:And in a desparate attempt to have people notice him, he climbs on the podium strips naked and shows his willy to everyone. He gets arrested because of indecent exposure, sexual assault, objectifying women, etc., and is thrown out.
Worst. Cockquake. Ever.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:3) Justin won't do anything stupid.
3a) But will get kicked out anyway.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Outwest wrote:I was just reading RW's Wkipedia page, for no specific reason and I found this. The last sentence is priceless:

In May 2007, Watson entered The Public Radio Talent Quest, a contest aimed to find new public radio hosts.[10] The contest claims to have received more than 1,400 entries.[11] Watson's entries won the popular vote in every round,[12] and she was declared one of three winners who each would receive $10,000 to produce a public radio pilot.[13]

Watson's pilot, Curiosity, Aroused,[14] was an hour-long program focused on science and skepticism.[13] It featured interviews with Richard Saunders of Australian Skeptics and Mystery Investigators, and Richard Wiseman, author of Quirkology and Professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. She also investigated claims of poisonous amounts of lead in lipstick, went on a ghost tour in Boston and visited a Psychic Fair.

Her show was the only one among the three winners not to receive funding by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for being turned into a one-year show.
That's cause it sucked. I listened to the entire thing. It sounded like an 11 year old wrote the script and she is just annoying to listen to no matter what she is saying. If she came to my door and announced I'd won the publishers clearing house sweepstakes I'd still tell her to shut the fuck up cause she is annoying me. ...

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

In other news, here's what seems to be misandry (!) from Pat Robertson:

[youtube]k_n-q_0qej4[/youtube]

"He cheated on you, he's a man, ok."

Misandry...it does exist?

http://i.imgur.com/UJ0ounX.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Trophy wrote: My prediction: JV will arrive. He will have a blast the first day because everyone will pay attention to him and by paying attention I mean actively trying to avoid him. He will incessantly talk about his tweets, his blog posts, his fucking atheist activism, how he's a great atheist leader (swoon ladies!), say how FTB calls him nasty names, distorts his views, and are big meanies to him. The second day, those who have survived the attack of boredom that can be caused by listening to too much JV will know better to avoid him. So JV will get no attention, no satisfaction. And in a desparate attempt to have people notice him, he climbs on the podium strips naked and shows his willy to everyone. He gets arrested because of indecent exposure, sexual assault, objectifying women, etc., and is thrown out.
:clap: :lol:

http://s.pikabu.ru/images/previews_comm ... 562930.jpg

Reap

Post by Reap »

welch wrote:
Reap wrote:

my bets....

Ok then what are you willing to not win?

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Reap wrote:
Outwest wrote:I was just reading RW's Wkipedia page, for no specific reason and I found this. The last sentence is priceless:

That's cause it sucked. I listened to the entire thing. It sounded like an 11 year old wrote the script and she is just annoying to listen to no matter what she is saying. If she came to my door and announced I'd won the publishers clearing house sweepstakes I'd still tell her to shut the fuck up cause she is annoying me. ...

Well, since most prople write there own Wikipedia pages (or so I'm told), I'm surprised the sentence didnt end, "...for being turned into a one-year show.BECAUSE OF THE PATRIARCHY!"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I reckon Justin will walk up to PZ Myers, get right in his face and shout "WHATCHOO SAY ABOUT ME MUTHAFUCKA!?" and the knock him to the ground with a right hook, knocking out teeth and chunks of gum.
Then as the crowd screams and begins to run for security Justin will begin to stomp on the prone, portly professor, stamping on his fingers, snapping his wrists and then breaking his knees and elbows shouting all the while "YOU DISS ME BITCH? YOU FUCKIN' DISS ME YO?".
Security will arrive just in time to see Justin, laughing maniacally , fly unzipped and cock out pissing on the face on the now broken and bloodied PZ Myers.
As they lunge forward to grab him Justin will turn, rip off is shirt and reveal a vest of grenades. "ALLAH ACKBAR"! He will cry before pulling a pin and exploding, limbs, bone and shrapnel flying everywhere, eviscerating feminists left and right. A zone of pure, burning, carnage, 10 metres in every direction is all that is left of him.
The Hotel catches fire and burns to the ground killing many more and later, after the raging inferno has burnt itself out, Ophelia Benson trudges through the ashes, picks up a badly burned Red creeper card http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5uHDsmWdrD4/U ... 0/redd.jpg and sheds a single tear whilst she mouths the words "I told you so....."

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

I think Tony Parsehole has earned a Pharyngula post.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Reap wrote:
welch wrote: It's a deadpool. Whomever gets closest to right wins...whatever the prize is. It's not a traditional bet.
A Wade Wilson?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 4h0vwk.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Reap wrote:
welch wrote:
Reap wrote:

my bets....

a bright shiny nickel.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
John Greg wrote:welch, bravo. Excellent.
Aye. I dunno why but this bit popped out at me:
It is not a "nice" place, nor is it a heartless uncaring place.
Sounds about right.

Oh good. I didn't want to get into a comment war, hence emailing him, and I didn't want to miscategorize this forum, for either good or ill. It is what it is, some people like it, some people don't. If he's going to feel either way, I'd just prefer it be based on his own personal experience here, not what anyone else has told him about it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Worst. Cockquake. Ever.
You think?
Attachments
laden_dickhead.gif
(177.11 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: Worst. Cockquake. Ever.
You think?
Fap, fap, fap.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I like how he stops smiling when the cock stops wobbling.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Surly Amy looks like the bitch in a male prison.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Uncalled for, Tony. She looks like what she looks like*.

(*with the caveat that some people like this type of haircut and dress. I don't)

Wait, I was talking about Justin!!!

Apples

Post by Apples »

Tony Parsehole wrote:*Tom Hardy...
You mean the Tom Hardy that Melissa McEwan at Shakesville is obsessed with and cyberstalks by photoshopping several times a week?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ ... pupjgg.jpg

http://www.shakesville.com/2013/05/tom- ... greet.html

She's also apparently into objectifying James Spader:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ ... spader.jpg
Melissa McSpewin wrote:God, James Spader's mullet in sex, lies & videotape was fucking gorgeous. Thank you, Al Gore, for personally inventing the technology that allows me to gaze upon James Spader's glorious 1989 sex mane ANYTIME I WANT. Love, Liss.
http://www.shakesville.com/2013/05/the- ... rules.html

Apples

Post by Apples »

Greetings, 52 guests, and fuck off :D .

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Reap wrote:

my bets....

I'm picking that it will be much ado about nothing.

Those who are looking to be provoked will be provoked.

Post by Guest »

Southern wrote:
sacha wrote:
ffp.jpg
You can't fool me. That's the Goth chick from NCIS.
In 20 years

Git Mobile

Post by Git Mobile »

Phil is right. There's many things she has done that you can slag off Surly Amy for, but leave her appearance out of it please.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

welch wrote:

Fuck me Welch. In this piece you have spoken for me. Hear, hear, that man.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Dick Strawkins wrote: I say Vacula gets on an elevator with Watson, Svan, Hensley and Benson, the latter of whom panics and hits the emergency button, stopping the elevator between floors and necessitating the occupants to climb out through the roof hatch. Ophelia panics again at the thought of Vacula taking upskirt pics and accuses Justin of "stochastic terrorism". It being Washington, this accusation is picked up by the CIA and Vacula is hauled away to Guantanamo bay for extensive waterboarding.
Are you interested in selling the movie rights to this?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Trophy wrote:

my bets....
My prediction: JV will arrive. He will have a blast the first day because everyone will pay attention to him and by paying attention I mean actively trying to avoid him. He will incessantly talk about his tweets, his blog posts, his fucking atheist activism, how he's a great atheist leader (swoon ladies!), say how FTB calls him nasty names, distorts his views, and are big meanies to him. The second day, those who have survived the attack of boredom that can be caused by listening to too much JV will know better to avoid him. So JV will get no attention, no satisfaction. And in a desparate attempt to have people notice him, he climbs on the podium strips naked and shows his willy to everyone. He gets arrested because of indecent exposure, sexual assault, objectifying women, etc., and is thrown out.
This might work on YouTube, but it doesn't really have blockbuster written all over it.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

sacha wrote:.......................

You had spoken about the freedom of being braless early on either here, or at the original slymepit, and your words would replay in my mind, finally I could not see any reason why you should be free of the discomfort and societal expectations, and not me as well.

If you had very small breasts, I would never have paid much attention. It is a lot easier to go without a bra when one does not "need" the support, but I knew your breasts were larger than mine.

many thanks for freeing me from my binds.

hmmmm wasn't bra burning something feminists did?
Now if only something could be done about collars and ties. Less fortunate guys are faced with a choice between strangulation and wearing a tent. We don't all have the same neck to torso/height ratios. Knocker control is at least an arguable justification for bras. WTF is the function of a tie? Breathing control? Facial colour control? In my tie wearing days I'd leave my top button undone, but sometimes that wasn't an option and I could feel the pressure building in my head.

Voryn

Post by Voryn »

Outwest wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Wow. I don't even have the words.
I do. How about stupid? When you "challenge" someone, does that or not imply a dialogue? If you challenge someones beliefs, then first of all you have had to have heard them. Then you challenge, and they respond. What's that called? Isn't there a word for it?

Oh, yeah, Slymepitter!

The guy in the tweets dismissing "dialogue" is a moron. Probably someone that doesn't live in the real world.
My favorite tweet of his was
Demand for alternative to "dialogue" assumes solutions always at hand. Sometimes whats needed is diagnosis, nt prescription.
Except the problem with that is, dialogue is part of the diagnosis. However, things like "Anyone who says or even talks to people who say "bad werdz" is a meanie poot and we should hate and ignore them forever! SO THERE! NYAH!" is more like a prescription, one akin to faith healing.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

FYI Justin this article still makes you look awful:
Places such as forums at Slymepit.com and the site A Voice for Men are countering Women in Secularism’s claim that atheism and feminism fit together hand-in-glove.

As Justin Vacula of Skeptic Ink Network said in response to another piece from conference speaker Amanda Marcotte, “I fail to see how refusing to believe in God leads to the ‘logical conclusion’ of abandoning the belief that women exist to serve men.”

Paul Elam, of A Voice for Men added, “Modern mainstream feminists promote many ideological beliefs that fly in the face of contemporary research and history that is very much subject to debate and refutation.” He said, ”as these ideologues enter the secular community, they often bring with them the insistence that all these beliefs are accepted and disseminated without objection or even discussion.”
Are you happy with the implications of that quote presented in isolation being attributed to you? I hope not. I assume you said it as part of an argument where you would also say "Deciding that women do not exist to serve men is logically separate to refusing to believe in a God." (i.e. the two are not necessarily connected), but as it stands it makes you look like an atheist who thinks women do exist to serve men.

For the record, I am also not happy with AVfM and the 'pit being treated as the same sort of thing. I also would say that the 'pit is not anti-feminist or really in favour of any particular view. It was mostly born out of a series of personal disputes, not some massive ideological split.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

KiwiInOz wrote:
welch wrote:

Fuck me Welch. In this piece you have spoken for me. Hear, hear, that man.
I disagree to one point. Or two. I don't feel, and never felt, that the Slymepit is particularily harsh. Quite the contrary. In other forums there are flame wars all the time. Or just by comparison: FreeThoughtBlogs comment sections are dripping of hatred. Even normal comment sections often get more heated than it is in here. There were two heated arguments in about the last half year (knives and anti-americanism, but they didn't look that serious either, from the outside. In fact, the casual use of insults and swear words, almost always in jest, completely deprived them from their power, if they had any.

The other issue is about the AVfM. It seemed to be a consensus that someone like Ally Fogg is agreeable. Some are arguably more feministic, perhaps without always parading about it -- which is also a difference with the idiots on the other side. Since we don't have a culture of reassurance that you aren't demon-possessed by evil ideas, people here just are the way they are. Convictions don't have to be bandied about every day.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Aneris wrote:Or two. I don't feel, and never felt, that the Slymepit is particularily harsh. Quite the contrary. In other forums there are flame wars all the time. Or just by comparison: FreeThoughtBlogs comment sections are dripping of hatred. Even normal comment sections often get more heated than it is in here. There were two heated arguments in about the last half year (knives and anti-americanism, but they didn't look that serious either, from the outside. In fact, the casual use of insults and swear words, almost always in jest, completely deprived them from their power, if they had any.
To me, the JREF forums seem more harsh on FtB/A+ than the 'pit is. That may however be because I am acutely aware that they are saying all they can say within the civility rules there (no swearing, etc).