Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Wonderist

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Wonderist »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Seriously, the comment section of that Alex Jones video posted earlier was a real eye-opener for me. What a bunch of fruit loops. Somebody ended up calling me a paedophile because I said Alex Jones was full of shit and he will never have the credibility of the BBC. And there was me thinking pedophilia was something to do with shagging kids.
Therein lies the glaring inconsistency in their world-view. How can it possibly be your fault, what with all the mind control agents in your food, water and air.
It's even worse than Alex lets on.

They've long since infiltrated the Pit.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9153_n.jpg

Recognize anyone?

Now we know what happened to Mordacious.
What the shit is a reverse vampire?
I think the diagram should have the Vatican under the reverse vampires, what with drinking Jesus' blood and all.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

sacha wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:By the way, I've completely uninstalled and disabled all antivirus and firewall software in my computer because we should be telling people not to write viruses.

well done
This is one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen on the interwebz!
:lol:

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

cunt wrote:I find Anita Sarkeesian attractive and would do her. Just my 2 cents.
I agree, though the eyebrow thing has been bothering me since somebody (ERV?) first mentioned it.

She doesn't look like your typical crazy radical feminist.

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

treestump wrote:
LMU wrote:
treestump wrote:--snipped--
Is the rape threat still somewhere to be seen? --snipped--

This should link to the comment and Sally Strange's response: http://thunderf00tdotorg.wordpress.com/ ... mment-9837
Wow. What the fuck. I was thinking this might be some BIG THING. So this is the "Great SallyShithead Rape Threat"?? Fucking hell. A random fucking idiot sends her a stupid message, and she dealt with it fine, sort of ignored it, her reply there is like "meh", but this, THIS is what that fucking idiot has been milking sympathy for for nearly a year now?? Fuck. HARASSMENT?? Fuckin' hell, what a self-obsessed twit she really is. A troll trolled her. Fuck, it's nothing, but from this she uses her Female Privilege to say "me me me, people want to rape meeeeee!!!!!". Just awful. What an awful human being she is. This level of professional victimhood is utterly pathetic. What a fucking idiot. Oh, she says that Ron Lindsay personally insulted her over this rape threat at WiS2? Tf00t didn't give her the IP address of her "harasser", and Justin Vacula repeated the accusation that she'd done it herself, and Ron Lindsay welcomed Justin to WiS2, HENEX, in SallyFuckwit's mind, Ron did this fully aware of what had happened to Sally, and she took this as a personal insult. She actually believes this. Seriously (see the freeze peach post). And a year later she is still milking this, and will probably keep doing it for another 20 years. Professional victim's need to take lessons from SallyStrange. She may even be worse than OB.
You know, those analogies with fundies and troofer are really starting to make me think there's going to be a faction like this for decades now. We're probably going to have to marginalize the fuck out of their ideology to prevent new people from catching it. Might need to start looking at the academic side of things, where a vast majority of them seem to have picked this shit up from Women's Studies and other related programs. I've nothing against the concept of Women's Studies, but if this is what they're teaching, they need some dire critique to knock em down a peg. Maybe someone will eventually start a kind of 'rational feminism' or something to replace the pomo shit they're peddling now.

I think we need to get Steven Pinker alerted to this issue. (Not that I have any contact with the guy!) He would seriously kick their butts in an academic setting like a debate.

cunt

Post by cunt »

treestump wrote: Then she's a manipulating deceptive scumbag. Which is worse than an idiot. In Scotland where I come from, people wouldn't put up with that shit. I mean, men and women would tell her to piss off. Professional Victimhood just doesn't exist in the UK the way it seems to in the USA. I wonder why that is. I don't know anyone that would put up with this shite in the UK. Ok, so the story is: "Oh, I went onto a youtube video and I posted a comment, and some random person called me an idiot and made a stupid threat that they were going to rape me", and everyone in the room would be like "and ... so ... what ? it was random internet arsehole right? he's an arsehole, but what's the big deal?". but from this she intends to get years of internet sympathy, and thinks that Ron Lindsay personally attacked her by welcoming Justin Vacula!? nasty manipulative piece of shit. I know women in Glasgow that would nut her in the face for being such a dick and daring to come out with such a bullshit pitiful "rape threat" story, when real people have real problems. What a truly nasty piece of work SallyStrange is.
That's not exactly what happened. She posted comments to Thunderf00ts blog when he got kicked off the FTB network. Somebody posted a rape threat to her, and she replied. Some idiots who post here thought that she'd made up the rape threat against herself for sympathy because, uhhhh, timestamps were close to one another or something. They didn't really have any proof at all.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Just saw the old talk, and had PZ's claim in mind all the time...
My idea here is to show the personal dimension of it and that we aren't faceless, anonymous harassers. Share it. Link it. Drop it.

So here it goes, it's a bit too large for the forum...
PZ MYERS Vs ABBIE SMITH

*If you ERV, Abbie, have objections in including you in this way, let me know and I take it down.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Huh. I guess that picture represents the closest Ophie gets to "smiling" for a photo - a frown where her teeth are showing.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

cunt wrote:[youtube]zSG2pD-2O2g[/youtube]
Brilliant! I hadn't seen that before, thanks cunt.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Aneris wrote:Just saw the old talk, and had PZ's claim in mind all the time...
My idea here is to show the personal dimension of it and that we aren't faceless, anonymous harassers. Share it. Link it. Drop it.

So here it goes, it's a bit too large for the forum...
PZ MYERS Vs ABBIE SMITH

*If you ERV, Abbie, have objections in including you in this way, let me know and I take it down.
fixed the size for imgur:

http://i.imgur.com/oLE2QQH.jpg

treestump

Post by treestump »

cunt wrote:
treestump wrote: Then she's a manipulating deceptive scumbag. Which is worse than an idiot. In Scotland where I come from, people wouldn't put up with that shit. I mean, men and women would tell her to piss off. Professional Victimhood just doesn't exist in the UK the way it seems to in the USA. I wonder why that is. I don't know anyone that would put up with this shite in the UK. Ok, so the story is: "Oh, I went onto a youtube video and I posted a comment, and some random person called me an idiot and made a stupid threat that they were going to rape me", and everyone in the room would be like "and ... so ... what ? it was random internet arsehole right? he's an arsehole, but what's the big deal?". but from this she intends to get years of internet sympathy, and thinks that Ron Lindsay personally attacked her by welcoming Justin Vacula!? nasty manipulative piece of shit. I know women in Glasgow that would nut her in the face for being such a dick and daring to come out with such a bullshit pitiful "rape threat" story, when real people have real problems. What a truly nasty piece of work SallyStrange is.
That's not exactly what happened. She posted comments to Thunderf00ts blog when he got kicked off the FTB network. Somebody posted a rape threat to her, and she replied. Some idiots who post here thought that she'd made up the rape threat against herself for sympathy because, uhhhh, timestamps were close to one another or something. They didn't really have any proof at all.
no sure, I get that man. I don't think that happened. The timestmps are one minute apart, sure, but so what, it's youtube, and it would've taken her 30 seconds to tap out that non-message reply she sent so I believe her. I never would have thought she would've faked that. I believe her and I don't question her on that at all. What I DO question her on is dragging this idea that she's a VICTIM for the last year (she was doing it just yesterday in fact!), when clearly it was just some random idiot on the internet talking shit. She'd get fuck all sympathy for that in Scotland, but when she went to WiS2 I guess people were like "Oh Sally, how are you holding up? are you ok! are you over the RAPE THREAT yet!?" That's not a rape threat, that's professional fucking victionhood in a cup. Whenever I look on FTB, Sally is calling people "a piece of shit", "fuckface", "misogynist scumbag" etc, she's full on with personally degrading insults to everyone and anyone that doesn't agree with her instantly and she's a nasty piece of work. This so-called RAPE THREAT was never anything, and she is just milking and milking it for all she is worth. I actually thought that some bad rape threat had happened to her, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and then I saw THIS? FFS, I've got sympathy for people with real problems. I've had cancer twice myself and I'd never dream of "milking" anyone. ever. Milking people for her "rape threat". fuck, Sally sure is a soulless sac of shit. People like her that milk imaginary problems for political agendas are disgusting. She's a disgrace to the human race. pfft.

sacha

Post by sacha »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Wonderist wrote:
EdwardGemmer wrote: Someone threatened to put objects in PZ Myer's pockets!! The hell you say! This injustice shall not stand. How can PZ continue with his social justice activism of holding pieces of paper for a photograph when there are nefarious villains that might slip an object in his pocket?
Assuming that report is true, personally, I would consider that technically a threat of assault (touching his person), though IANAL.
Oh fuck, someone deploy the Justicar defense system. I couldn't stand going through all that shit again.

for fuck's sake H20 none of us could, just let Wonderist's comment lie. Pretend it isn't there.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

treestump wrote:She'd get fuck all sympathy for that in Scotland, but when she went to WiS2 I guess people were like "Oh Sally, how are you holding up? are you ok! are you over the RAPE THREAT yet!?"
Glasgow Womens Aid offer "Confidential ongoing support. You can contact us as often as you need to, regardless of where you are living."

http://www.glasgowwomensaid.org.uk/

Now will you, a Scotsman, pull a no true Scotsman?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:By the way, I've completely uninstalled and disabled all antivirus and firewall software in my computer because we should be telling people not to write viruses.
Good for you. I leave my car unlocked, windows down and cash, sat-nav and mobile phone on the dashboard because we should teach people not to steal stuff.
OK, I'll be the straight man here...

Aren't you basically just asking for it?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Wonderist wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:How I imagine joining Atheism+ would look like in real life.
http://i.imgur.com/cIQdvVE.png

Conversely...
http://i.imgur.com/Wbc2UdA.png
Perfect MST3K analogy! Well, maybe an R-Rated MST3K.
Possibly nsfw. Okay, definitely NSFW.

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/up ... osplay.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Dave2 wrote:
treestump wrote:She'd get fuck all sympathy for that in Scotland, but when she went to WiS2 I guess people were like "Oh Sally, how are you holding up? are you ok! are you over the RAPE THREAT yet!?"
Glasgow Womens Aid offer "Confidential ongoing support. You can contact us as often as you need to, regardless of where you are living."

Is that ongoing support for people who have been trolled on Youtube comments?

cunt

Post by cunt »

treestump wrote:
cunt wrote:
no sure, I get that man. I don't think that happened. The timestmps are one minute apart, sure, but so what, it's youtube, and it would've taken her 30 seconds to tap out that non-message reply she sent so I believe her. I never would have thought she would've faked that. I believe her and I don't question her on that at all. What I DO question her on is dragging this idea that she's a VICTIM for the last year (she was doing it just yesterday in fact!), when clearly it was just some random idiot on the internet talking shit. She'd get fuck all sympathy for that in Scotland, but when she went to WiS2 I guess people were like "Oh Sally, how are you holding up? are you ok! are you over the RAPE THREAT yet!?" That's not a rape threat, that's professional fucking victionhood in a cup. Whenever I look on FTB, Sally is calling people "a piece of shit", "fuckface", "misogynist scumbag" etc, she's full on with personally degrading insults to everyone and anyone that doesn't agree with her instantly and she's a nasty piece of work. This so-called RAPE THREAT was never anything, and she is just milking and milking it for all she is worth. I actually thought that some bad rape threat had happened to her, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and then I saw THIS? FFS, I've got sympathy for people with real problems. I've had cancer twice myself and I'd never dream of "milking" anyone. ever. Milking people for her "rape threat". fuck, Sally sure is a soulless sac of shit. People like her that milk imaginary problems for political agendas are disgusting. She's a disgrace to the human race. pfft.

It wasn't on youtube. It was on Thunderf00ts wordpress blog. People actually have been spreading the rumour that she made a rape threat against herself around for nearly a year. Justin Vacula made reference to it last month, Franc has been posting about it since it happened. The one mistake she's made is in assuming that everyone at the slymepit wholeheartedly agrees with that crap and is committed to spreading it about.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

bhoytony wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

I suppose it is doubtful that their patience would be ongoing - but I imagine their sympathy for such things amounts to more than nothing.

Corylus

Post by Corylus »

cunt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Anita Sarkeesian is quite fit but what a miserable twat she is. You'd think a lass with a 8ft tall stack of Xbox games would be spot-on for a laugh but Jesus Christ..... Mario is sexist? Give it a rest love.
A good rogering would probably fix this, imho.
Hmm, trouble is that isn't going to happen until that dreadful mustache goes. The poor lad really needs to shave.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Dave2 wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

I suppose it is doubtful that their patience would be ongoing - but I imagine their sympathy for such things amounts to more than nothing.
It's an organisation supporting victims of domestic abuse. What the fuck does that have to do with being trolled on the internet?

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

This is horse-shit amateur-hour conspiracy flowchart propaganda. Wake up sheeple! Why are Monsanto, Big-Pharma, Showa Denko and Goldman Sachs not on this fucking chart?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

treestump wrote:
Jack wrote:I wonder. If PMZ came here would he get 'bombarded with insults?' Of course his definition of 'insult' may anyone who swears (as he does) or disagrees with him. If his definition of 'insult' is gratuitous offence that serves no purpose I wonder how much he would get here?
Yep, and even if he was insulted by a few random people, that's not harassment (and he even says as much). SZ, OB, RW have an endless fascination collecting every scrap from every site that they can use to say that they are "harassed" (I bet Tom Cruise gets thousands of hate-mail every day. I doubt he cares, suspect he just bins them all and gets on with enjoying his life). The core dishonesty is what's particularly galling to me about what FTB-Skepchick do. It's disturbing and hard to understand how people as dishonest as that can function in their lives what with inventing victimhood narratives and spending all their time obsessing about how everyone is harassing them.

I guess I'd probably feel sorry for them if it wasn't for them continually trying to destroy decent peoples lives with their witch-hunts.
It's actually quite telling that he DOESN'T show up here with his followers, considering how swarming enemy websites with his Horde is practically his trademark. Why is he so timid where the Pit is concerned? Come on PZ, come play, we don't bite, we only Tickle. We promise not to ban you, even when you argue circles around us.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

bhoytony wrote:It's an organisation supporting victims of domestic abuse. What the fuck does that have to do with being trolled on the internet?
Nothing much.

treestump

Post by treestump »

Dave2 wrote:

Watch out ! That's a well known con-artist outfit that try to extract money from the gullible. Don't be fooled by them!! ;) (only kidding they look like a good organisation).

But seriously, of course there is support for rape-victims and domestic violence and all the other things that people need, and people in need should be looked after in Scotland, as I hope that any decent National Health System would provide to the people (the 3 cornerstones of an Enlightened Society: FREE healthcare, FREE education, FREE social welfare, and all 3 of those things DON'T EXIST in the USA, Land of the Free), but SallyStrange is a deceptive piece of shit. Some nobody twit from somewhere on the internet wrote a random rant at her on youtube, and she is milking this immense "sympathy-udder". Hey, it's the gift that keeps on giving Sally, keep squeezing on that sympathy-Udder Sally! Probably the *asshole* idiot that sent this 30 second outburst doesn't even remember doing it.
there are real people with REAL problems in this world Sally: undernousrished children in Africa, Women who are forced to go through FGM, BILLIONS of people in the world that live in poverty compared to the comfortable existence that SacOfShitSally has in her life, any person that has to live in the prison cell of Palestine etc.
Sally is a nasty foul-mouthed nightmare; remember, this is the same SallyStrange whose catchphrase on FTB is "fuck you, you fucking piece of shit fuckface misogynist MRA scumbag" to any person that disagrees with her. She's NASTY, but I actually had some sympathy for her as I thought maybe this RAPE THREAT was something bad, until I saw what it actually consisted of. Fuck you Sally, there are real people with REAL problems in this world, you fucking milking piece of shit, milking a NON-EVENT from a year ago. wow, it's actually depressing. PZ-OB-SZ, Rebbeca Watson, and this SallyStrange. Saying "grow up" to these people doesn't work of course. They are adults, no one can make them change their ways, but they are AMORAL. What they do, with this victimhood shit makes the whole world a shittier place for all of us. People in general are kind though, so, as I did, they have sympathy for these people. But these people are leeches, they feed off our sympathy for their bullshit empty nothing agendas. "oh, I had a rape threat !!!". What kind of people are these shits.

Apples

Post by Apples »

cunt wrote:It wasn't on youtube. It was on Thunderf00ts wordpress blog. People actually have been spreading the rumour that she made a rape threat against herself around for nearly a year. Justin Vacula made reference to it last month, Franc has been posting about it since it happened. The one mistake she's made is in assuming that everyone at the slymepit wholeheartedly agrees with that crap and is committed to spreading it about.
Agreed - Sally is an annoyingly dogmatic SJW but I haven't noticed her milking the rape-threat itself for victim points - I don't blame her at all for being pissed about people repeatedly floating a bullshit no-evidence rumor that she made a threat against herself.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sally is a nasty foul-mouthed nightmare; remember, this is the same SallyStrange whose catchphrase on FTB is "fuck you, you fucking piece of shit fuckface misogynist MRA scumbag" to any person that disagrees with her.
Not quite. From what I've seen, Sally Strange doesn't dish out that sort of invective very much (if at all). I think you're confusing her with Janine: Hallucinating Liar (or some such dipshit tag), who's a fucking nut.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Badger3k wrote:
Apples wrote:
McSpewin wrote:Three of your four examples here are what is commonly referred to as "junk food" (a term I don't like because no food is "junk" to someone who needs the calories). And "junk food" is commonly associated with fat people—and increasingly associated with fat people, as the "war on obesity" is waged via public initiatives like Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban.

The intent of this graphic may not have been to suggest that spending $1 billion on candy, or Superbowl snacks, or potato chips, is profligate and self-indulgent spending, but it certainly reads that way to me.
*sigh*

http://www.shakesville.com/2013/06/i-write-letters.html
Re - the inset quote: Derp! No shit it's saying that they are profligate and self-indulgent. If you need calories, there are much better ways to get it than super bowl snacks, candy, and potato chips - a lot healthier ways. What a tool. :doh:
Cheaper too. Imagine how many fried potatoes you could make for the same cost as a large bag of potato chips.

treestump

Post by treestump »

Apples wrote:
cunt wrote:It wasn't on youtube. It was on Thunderf00ts wordpress blog. People actually have been spreading the rumour that she made a rape threat against herself around for nearly a year. Justin Vacula made reference to it last month, Franc has been posting about it since it happened. The one mistake she's made is in assuming that everyone at the slymepit wholeheartedly agrees with that crap and is committed to spreading it about.
Agreed - Sally is an annoyingly dogmatic SJW but I haven't noticed her milking the rape-threat itself for victim points - I don't blame her at all for being pissed about people repeatedly floating a bullshit no-evidence rumor that she made a threat against herself.
She was milking it just yesterday on the "freeze peach brigade" thread on Pharyngula VERY extensively, including the accusation that Ron Lindsay was *personally* mocking her by welcoming Justin. Ah, fuck it, they're all the same. Ron Lindsay is right, North Korea is a good comparison, or in fact, actually, North Korea is full of good people who go about their lives and look after each other, while FTB and Skepchick are just soulless leech scum, so they are probably worse than North Korea in every meaningful way.

"Oooh, I had a *RAPE THREAT* you heartless bastard, now everybody must SHUT UP and listen to ME ME ME !!!" yeah, piss of Sally.
Anyway, another bottle of wine is the best cure to forget about those nasty idiot fucks I think... fuck you Sally, you sac of shit.

sacha

Post by sacha »

bovarchist wrote:
Cheaper too. Imagine how many fried potatoes you could make for the same cost as a large bag of potato chips crisps.

fixed that for you.

treestump

Post by treestump »

Tigzy wrote:
Sally is a nasty foul-mouthed nightmare; remember, this is the same SallyStrange whose catchphrase on FTB is "fuck you, you fucking piece of shit fuckface misogynist MRA scumbag" to any person that disagrees with her.
Not quite. From what I've seen, Sally Strange doesn't dish out that sort of invective very much (if at all). I think you're confusing her with Janine: Hallucinating Liar (or some such dipshit tag), who's a fucking nut.
Check the "freeze peach brigade" post. Search for "fuckface" and "piece of shit", and there's good old Sally milking her ACTUAL RAPE THREAT :shock:. It was Nerd that was doing the obligatory "MRA scumbag" schtick. But yeah, Janine is probably worse for sure, I'm with you on that, she's an even more embarrassingly stupid nutbag :)

Parody Accountant

If it don't make dollas-
http://i.imgur.com/qtk1pIB.png
... it don't make change sense.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Apples wrote:
Anyone pushing the idea she made the threat herself, when there is no evidence of it, is a complete idiot.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

treestump wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Check the "freeze peach brigade" post. Search for "fuckface" and "piece of shit", and there's good old Sally milking her ACTUAL RAPE THREAT :shock:. It was Nerd that was doing the obligatory "MRA scumbag" schtick. But yeah, Janine is probably worse for sure, I'm with you on that, she's an even more embarrassingly stupid nutbag :)
Have you got a link to where SallyStrange comes out with the 'fuck you, you fucking piece of shit fuckface misogynist MRA scumbag' schtick which you claimed was her catchphrase?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Seriously, the comment section of that Alex Jones video posted earlier was a real eye-opener for me. What a bunch of fruit loops. Somebody ended up calling me a paedophile because I said Alex Jones was full of shit and he will never have the credibility of the BBC. And there was me thinking pedophilia was something to do with shagging kids.
Maybe he thought you were talking about the Boy-Banging Club.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:If you can watch the second one full screen and without literally being sick in your mouth then you're a greater man than me.
That's from Pink Flamingos isn't it? A first date wanted me to see that with her once. We're still good friends. ;)

treestump

Post by treestump »

Apples wrote:
Totally agree. She's perfectly entitled to get pissed off about a nasty rumour, but from what I can see, that's long gone, and no one thinks that (well, apart from a few trolls that might want to bait her). But she's still going on about that "rape threat" as if it is a real and actual threat indistinguishable from an insane person holding a gun to her head. which I guess, in hers, PZ's, OB's, SZ's, RW's head it is. It is no different.
http://goo.gl/TbC9p
yep, she is indeed a pig eyed sac of shit. (great film, and how they got some of that dialogue into that film I'll never know, plus the bit about the fire in the prophylactic factory, great stuff :)).

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

OMFG the never-ending harassmentz!!11!!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3720/8999 ... bf219b.jpg
DSCF0008 by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

treestump

Post by treestump »

Tigzy wrote:
treestump wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Have you got a link to where SallyStrange comes out with the 'fuck you, you fucking piece of shit fuckface misogynist MRA scumbag' schtick which you claimed was her catchphrase?
No, I was angry at the realisation of her unbelievable professional victimhood and sac of shit-ness so I was talking shit.
I'm pretty sure I can find her saying every one of those terms individually though.
In fact her actual catchphrase seems to be saying that she's had a rape threat, and that it is harassment.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

FrankGrimes wrote:I'd love to have an SP shirt to wear around at gigs
Heh. Slyme Pit = SP = Suppressive Person

Justin Vacula, WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?!? ARE YOU ARE RAPE-APPOLOGIST!! YOU WRITE FOR A HATE SITE!!! STOP STALKING ME!!!!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:What the shit is a reverse vampire?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... %20Vampire
A vampire who craves the sun and hates the night. Loves to get a tan. Refered to in both The Simpsons and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

sacha wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Cheaper too. Imagine how many fried potatoes you could make for the same cost as a large bag of potato chips crisps.

fixed that for you.
NOOOOO! Put it back before I put a boot in your spare tire!

Bill the Cat

Post by Bill the Cat »

Wonderist wrote:
Tribble wrote:
ArghWonderist wrote:Fuck, my laptop seems to have died. I'm back to this old clunker.

Anyone know what it means when the laptop turns on, but the screen stays blank and the CapsLock key's light flashes on and off steadily, but nothing else happens? It's either something simple, or it's fucked, I'm guessing. Argh!

(Lsuoma, sent an email about login)
Can be as simple as a dead battery <snip>
The main problem is that it is an HP (not kidding.) They had a run of them that would run extremely hot. So hot - the solder would melt on the video processor. The top of the processor was stuck to a heat sink that was attached to something else above the processor - the processor would pull up out of the mobo. (OOPS!)

Lore is it is possible to start it - wrap them in a blanket covering all of the air vents & let it bake. (Sorry - I don't remember which side up - if it makes any difference) & let it cool & try see if it works. You can google this.

My advice on a replacement is to buy a business class machine & a docking station. Have the best of both worlds & it will last longer. (Cost will be similar to a similarly equipped retail machine & completely to your specs.)

sacha

Post by sacha »

decius created a great Slymepit logo. I think there was mention of using a different colour besides the typical slime green.

I can't locate it, but the S is his avatar
file.png
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

sacha

Post by sacha »

I like just the S on its own

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

sacha wrote:
decius created a great Slymepit logo. I think there was mention of using a different colour besides the typical slime green.

I can't locate it, but the S is his avatar
file.png
I'd wear that on a t-shirt.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

BarnOwl wrote:OMFG the never-ending harassmentz!!11!!
http://jthockey.files.wordpress.com/200 ... eapple.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

CROCS OBTAINED

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Ridiculously comfortable, and I didnt get the classic ugly ones, just look like brown flip-flops. Partner tried them on and didnt see what the big deal was. But I went from 'uuugh hurts to walk...' to 'hmmm... doesnt hurt... actually feels pretty damn good!' Got to walk around Bricktown a bit today and stupid ankle is fine!

So this is me now:
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 581853.jpg

Garlic

Post by Garlic »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Wonderist wrote:
EdwardGemmer wrote: Someone threatened to put objects in PZ Myer's pockets!! The hell you say! This injustice shall not stand. How can PZ continue with his social justice activism of holding pieces of paper for a photograph when there are nefarious villains that might slip an object in his pocket?
Assuming that report is true, personally, I would consider that technically a threat of assault (touching his person), though IANAL.
I don't think franc threatened anal. :shock:

That's a shame. I'm sure the Diary of Anal Franc would be a great success!

Parody Accountant

ERV wrote:CROCS OBTAINED

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Ridiculously comfortable, and I didnt get the classic ugly ones, just look like brown flip-flops. Partner tried them on and didnt see what the big deal was. But I went from 'uuugh hurts to walk...' to 'hmmm... doesnt hurt... actually feels pretty damn good!' Got to walk around Bricktown a bit today and stupid ankle is fine!

So this is me now:
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 581853.jpg
Abbie... no. Crocs are like mom jeans, uggz, hoodie vests, homer simpson's big blue pants, corduroy, shoulder pads, maxi pads... Except uglier.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10333 (probably USA only - sorry)

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... #more-7964
Wow. She tagged Michael Nugent. She’s actually actively trying to get me disinvited from a speaking engagement at a conference. Now that’s harassment.
It’s a lie, too. I don’t bully secular women. I don’t, for instance, do what Sara Mayhew does. I don’t endlessly tweet about people I dislike. I don’t try to get them disinvited from things. I don’t make up shit about them. I’ve never bullied Sara Mayhew.
I did not have sex with that woman.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Wonderist wrote:HP Pavilion dv7, from back when I wasn't (completely, just mostly) broke.
How much did you spend on it?

Odds are you will have to swap out the motherboard too (the CPU might not be the issue), you would also have to make sure the CPU fan still functions.

Here is the repair manual:
http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01689926.pdf

Since you said you bought it when you were mostly broke, I will assume you purchased a cheaper model. CPU replacements go for about $100, $200, $300 dollars depending on the specific specs of your laptop.

Motherboard replacements go for about $100. Higher for the more expensive models.

This is the website I did a quick & dirty to try and figure out the approximate pricing.
http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdeta ... 516291-001

Here is an additional problem. To replace the CPU or motherboard, you will have to pretty much completely rip apart the whole laptop to get to it. It is a laborious, tedious, time consuming process. That means labor charges of 2 hours if not more. And since you said you are not a hardware person, I don't suggest you do this one on you own.

What are you looking at? $400 repair bill if you are lucky?

Meanwhile, HP Pavillions dv7s go for $600-$800. $500 for refurbished.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm ... PABqnIbqVo

The good news is that your data is still safe on your hard drive and can be extracted.

Unless you are purchasing a really cheap laptop, I would suggest getting a warranty that lasts the expected life of your laptop in the future. It is one of the rare purchases, where this makes sense.

If you want quality, go for Toshiba. Or else you can go cheap and just take the risk that it may poop out on you (that is my direction).

If you give me the full exact model number for your laptop we can help spec out an apples to pears comparison of what it would take to buy a new one.

Also, US? UK? What country?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Here's some real harassment, totally credible including graphic threats of violence that would send a cold shiver down the spine of the toughest among us.

http://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/ ... A5rr-2.png

http://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/ ... A5rr-4.png

http://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/ ... A5rr-8.png

Apples

Post by Apples »

jjbinx007 wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... #more-7964
Wow. She tagged Michael Nugent. She’s actually actively trying to get me disinvited from a speaking engagement at a conference. Now that’s harassment.
It’s a lie, too. I don’t bully secular women. I don’t, for instance, do what Sara Mayhew does. I don’t endlessly tweet about people I dislike. I don’t try to get them disinvited from things. I don’t make up shit about them. I’ve never bullied Sara Mayhew.
So when Sarah Mayhew tweets some shit about Watson, Myers, and Benson, that's harassment, but when Zvan makes a petition about Vacula with a bunch of trumped up shit to deprive him of a leadership position, that's social justice?

Given that her biggest tormenters are apparently Sara Mayhew, Justin Vacula, and Jeremy Stangroom, I'm thinking she should take her "nonstop monitoring and harassment" shtick over to one of those schizophrenic "gang-stalker" victim fora. She'd fit right in.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Garlic wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Wonderist wrote:
I don't think franc threatened anal. :shock:
That's a shame. I'm sure the Diary of Anal Franc would be a great success!
heh - well done.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Parody Accountant wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Bf6bdtp.png
I see your shark and raise you one Ambulocetus.

http://i.imgur.com/1L8Oqdf.jpg

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

Oops, looks like I went a bit hyper on those comments and did too many too fast. Getting stuck in moderation now. Here's my latest which is still stuck, but I thought would be nice and juicy for you guys:
You know, the most damning thing about that 'documentation' that Ophelia has collected is the very first comment from one of her fans:
1 Marcus Ranum

May 5, 2013 at 11:16 am (UTC -7)

Does anyone take them seriously? I mean, really. They’re ridiculous.
Exactly, Marcus. They are well and truly ridiculous.

====
Actually, scratch that. The NEXT comment is even more damning than the first, also by Marcus:
2 Marcus Ranum

May 5, 2013 at 11:17 am (UTC -7)

But, just because they annoy me, I’m throwing some filthy lucre in your filthy lucre jar!
Wow! Double-whammy!
1) The 'harassment' is little more than 'annoyance'.
2) Can you say: Financial Incentive?

I think that right there gives us *more than reasonable* reason to be suspicious of Ophelia's overblown claims that she is being anything more than annoyed by this whole thing. Indeed, she benefits financially from claiming to be harassed.
More stuff here: http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/06/07 ... ent-254611

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

jjbinx007 wrote:http://www.freezepage.com/1370819552LMJHSWYZEV
Wait! Freezepaged.
http://www.freezepage.com/1370819552LMJHSWYZEV

Even more bizarre, why is Aunt Ophelia monitoring a discussion between Karla Porter, SubMan and Ambrosia about bread and privleges?