Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Badger3k

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Badger3k »

EdwardGemmer wrote:Just a sign of how completely ineffective and silly PZ Myers has become. After months of calling everyone racist and sexist, his diatribe about an actual racist sounds pretty mild and boring. Theodore Beale is a "Not a good person, a really nasty, unstable, vicious wackaloon." But Russell Blackford is a "lying fucktard," so who really knows the difference anymore? Anyways, when you hate everyone around you, people stop caring about your opinions on who to hate.
Teddy (Vox) is a pretty disgusting human being. He routinely brags about his intelligence (he always refers to Mensa), yet his knowledge and comprehension of most subjects is pitiful. And unlike most of the people PZ refers to, Teddy is an actual misogynist - his writings on women are nothing but FAIL. PZs labeling of people he disagrees with as being on par with him does reduce the word to pretty much meaningless. I think that if PZ has anyone read his blog who isn't a regular, these people are going to be confused - whether they think other people are on par with Teddy, or else they will think that PZ is making Teddy out to be worse than he actually is - just like everyone else PZ labels as misogynist. He shoots himself in the foot when he acts that hyperbolic. Way to go PZ!

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Phil. My condolences as well.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Gumby, what do you use to animate gifs?
I've been using Paint.NET for all my submissions here. It's basic compared to Photoshop or GIMP (which I just downloaded the other day but haven't had time to play with), but it does the job - it's quite more capable than you can tell from my rather clumsy and amateurish work. Today I found a Paint.NET add-on DLL that lets me load and edit animated gifs so that Watson elevator dance thingy was my way of experimenting with it. I'd been curious as to how to edit animated gifs after someone here (can't remember who it was, sorry) shared that funny gif of Snow White running frantically away from a hand proffering a cup of coffee.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

My condolences as well Phil.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cheers Gumby. I use Paint.NET. and have some minor experience with animation. Have you got a link for the add on? It doesn't try and put loads of shit on your computer like Snap-Do toolbars does it?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Gumby wrote:
I've been using Paint.NET for all my submissions here. It's basic compared to Photoshop or GIMP (which I just downloaded the other day but haven't had time to play with), but it does the job - it's quite more capable than you can tell from my rather clumsy and amateurish work. Today I found a Paint.NET add-on DLL that lets me load and edit animated gifs so that Watson elevator dance thingy was my way of experimenting with it. I'd been curious as to how to edit animated gifs after someone here (can't remember who it was, sorry) shared that funny gif of Snow White running frantically away from a hand proffering a cup of coffee.
Wow, I thought I was the only one doing them online. I use http://pixlr.com, but I'll check out Paint.net because from your description it's probably more advanced. I've just been too lazy to acquire photoshop on the new computer.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Wow, I thought I was the only one doing them online. I use http://pixlr.com, but I'll check out Paint.net because from your description it's probably more advanced. I've just been too lazy to acquire photoshop on the new computer.
Pixlr is excellent. I use it to edit my photo's and it's just so easy and versatile.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Cheers Gumby. I use Paint.NET. and have some minor experience with animation. Have you got a link for the add on? It doesn't try and put loads of shit on your computer like Snap-Do toolbars does it?
No, it's simply an addon DLL that you put in the Paint.NET folder's FileTypes sub-folder. No other junk. When you place the DLL in the FileTypes folder, shut down Paint.Net if it's active, and restart it. That'll load the new capability in automatically. No muss no fuss.

The link:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/t ... agif-apng/

I haven't used this for creating new animated gifs from scratch, just editing an existing one. So I don't know how well this will serve your purposes.

As per the instructions, before you edit a gif with this, rename the file extension from .gif to .agif, and when you're done, remember to re-rename the extension back to .gif.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gumby wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Cheers Gumby. I use Paint.NET. and have some minor experience with animation. Have you got a link for the add on? It doesn't try and put loads of shit on your computer like Snap-Do toolbars does it?
No, it's simply an addon DLL that you put in the Paint.NET folder's FileTypes sub-folder. No other junk. When you place the DLL in the FileTypes folder, shut down Paint.Net if it's active, and restart it. That'll load the new capability in automatically. No muss no fuss.

The link:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/t ... agif-apng/

I haven't used this for creating new animated gifs from scratch, just editing an existing one. So I don't know how well this will serve your purposes.

As per the instructions, before you edit a gif with this, rename the file extension from .gif to .agif, and when you're done, remember to re-rename the extension back to .gif.
Cheers mate. I'll look into it. Do you make videos Gumby? I think Windows movie maker for video editing and Audacity for sound effects would give you hours of fun.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Never saw Pixlr till just now - it looks pretty spiffy for an online editor. It's a bit laggy on my laptop, and doesn't have the feature set or expandability of Paint.NET though. Give Paint.Net a shot, it's free and it works pretty well.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Pitchguest wrote:Behold, a 'reeeeeeeally ugly' horse.

http://zombieslash.com/wp-content/zombi ... 230353.jpg

Personally, though, it's one of the coolest photos I've ever seen. This was commissioned in 2006 to stand outside Denver International Airport, and the sculptor actually died when a large piece of the sculpture landed on top of his leg and ruptured an artery. Ouch.
There is a similar sculpture, by the same artist, at The University of Oklahoma.

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/u ... 00x450.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Cheers mate. I'll look into it. Do you make videos Gumby? I think Windows movie maker for video editing and Audacity for sound effects would give you hours of fun.
No, I haven't made any videos or tried to use video editing software. I'm still trying to learn the basics of still-photo manipulation. Never did anything of the sort before until I decided I wanted to try my hand at the kind of image manipulation that Jan and Ape+lust are doing. Before I downloaded Paint.NET (per Ape+lust's recommendation), all I had ever played with is MS-Paint, which of course is fucking worthless.

Ape+lust has been particularly helpful to me behind the scenes, giving me all sorts of tips. So to him, a merry tip of the hat and a giant "Fuck you!!!" :D

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

If ya missed it and yer interested, Chill Girls in Pink Corvettes chatted with SubmanUSN today: http://chillgirlsinpinkcorvettes.com/?p=86

Yer welcome :D

sacha

Post by sacha »

Badger3k wrote:
sacha wrote: and this is one of many valuable lessons one can learn from dogs:
If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world playing the best music ever written, on one of the finest instruments ever made, how many other things are we missing?
Well, if you don't care for violin music, or classical music, then you really aren't missing much in that instance. "Best" is still subjective. I'm not sure that the price of the violin makes it one of the best, either. I remember the tests done on the Stradivarius violins that determined they were not described as the best by most musicians (classical) that listened to them in double blinded tests.

I can appreciate the sentiment - I think we'd all live better lives if we weren't so rushed and hurried all the time, but that's the society we have these days. Most of us aren't privileged enough to have a job that gives us the luxury of being able to rest like that. But using that story as an objective representation...meh. Depending on what I had going on, I'd probably skip it as well. Unless I'm in the mood for classical (well, classical European, that is). YMMV of course.

:violin: :lol:
to me, Bach is far beyond "classical", well into genius category, I can understand why hearing his music in the 1700's could make one believe in a god.

"so rushed and hurried all the time"
is a self-inflicted state of being. People are on their cell phones when they could be taking in the world around them, running around to this or that to fill some sort of emptiness, some fear of being alone. People will sit in front of the teevee instead of go for a slow walk while noticing and appreciating the nature along the way.
spending two hours in a gym instead of getting exercise outside, living above their means for some sort of competition with "the Jones'".

I could go on and on.

This is what the average person in the western world is. I have no sympathy.

I'll give you the "best instrument"

and people are on their smart phones

sacha

Post by sacha »

oops, last line above was a mistake

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:My uncle passed away last night. It sucks! Even more so as he was showing signs of improvement at the beginning of the week.

I'm leaving for some studio work on tuesday, so I will probably miss the funeral.
I'm sorry, Phil

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Oh FFS!

A paper at PLOS is blaming teh menz for female menopause. Just ONE MORE example THAT MEN ARE TO BLAME for everything that afflicts every woman in the world...

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/inf ... bi.1003092
Here we use a stochastic, two-sex computational model implemented by computer simulation to show how male mating preference for younger females could lead to the accumulation of mutations deleterious to female fertility and thus produce a menopausal period.
Why are you bad men making me wait so long for my menopause. I'm 50 now. Haven't I done my time under The Curse? Haven't I paid my dues to the Patriarchy as a Gender Traitor? I keep thinking 'hey, maybe that was my last period' and then another comes along and ruins my fun.
have you tried oral contraceptives as menstruation suppression?
No, I don't want to fuck around with suppressing them. Also, the 2 times I've been on the pill, it actually lowered my libido (defeating my purpose at the time). Also, it runs in my family to develop blood clots in the legs from the pill, something that's in the news again. Plus, my doctor told me that she won't put anyone over 35 on the pill.

Mind you, I wouldn't say no to one of those quickie laproscopic hysterectomies like reGreta had. Minus the fluevogs though.
look into Endometrial Ablation

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:@Steersman,

P.S.

Just stick to telling people they blow goats and you should be fine.
:lol:
Yea, Miri and CaitieCat seem to have let that one in under the radar.

But you’re right that that other insult was not much appreciated. Although I think it had the desired effect of getting CaitieCat to shut up and abandon the field in some disarray; she never did address the substance of my previous comments – that she couldn't was probably why she responded with several insults to me. But walk softly and carry a big stick, I always say. Nice of them to provide so many.

But as I had argued, I really think that Miri, and others, have a very selective – not to say biased, bigoted, or self-serving – view on the nature of insults. I figure that blogs have to either allow all of them or none of them, or accept that the charge of hypocrisy carries some weight. Miri’s position reminds me of the scene from Princess Bride – yes, Phil, I have watched it, several times, although quite some time ago [ ;-) ] – where one of the heroes describes how he developed an immunity to some poison which allowed him to poison both cups of wine prior to offering them to the bad guy. All Miri is doing is specifying which insults – which poisons – don’t bother her and her cohort while conveniently putting the others off the table. Real classy, that ….

Malsbert

Post by Malsbert »

Sacha wrote:To me, Bach is far beyond "classical", well into genius category, I can understand why hearing his music in the 1700's could make one believe in a god.
Erbarme dich, mein Gott!
[youtube]aPAiH9XhTHc[/youtube]

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

EdwardGemmer wrote:Just a sign of how completely ineffective and silly PZ Myers has become. After months of calling everyone racist and sexist, his diatribe about an actual racist sounds pretty mild and boring. Theodore Beale is a "Not a good person, a really nasty, unstable, vicious wackaloon." But Russell Blackford is a "lying fucktard," so who really knows the difference anymore? Anyways, when you hate everyone around you, people stop caring about your opinions on who to hate.
I noticed this too. Theodore Beale actually is a racist, a misogynist, and a homophobe. On top of that, he's a terrible writer and a sloppy thinker with a comically overblown opinion of himself. He's everything Myers claims we are, and he's the one person who actually deserves a Pharyngulan fisking. And yet when Myers dishes it out... it falls flat. He and his "Horde" have savaged so many people for being [misogynists, racists, assholes] at the slightest provocation that it no longer means anything. Rhetorically, he can't distinguish between Dawkins and a Klansman.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Percentage wrote:
I noticed this too. Theodore Beale actually is a racist, a misogynist, and a homophobe. On top of that, he's a terrible writer and a sloppy thinker with a comically overblown opinion of himself. He's everything Myers claims we are, and he's the one person who actually deserves a Pharyngulan fisking. And yet when Myers dishes it out... it falls flat. He and his "Horde" have savaged so many people for being [misogynists, racists, assholes] at the slightest provocation that it no longer means anything. Rhetorically, he can't distinguish between Dawkins and a Klansman.
It's the same thing that seems to always happens with these types of moralistic crusades. The end result isn't that the bar for behavior isn't raised...it's actually lowered.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Karmakin wrote:
It's the same thing that seems to always happens with these types of moralistic crusades. The end result isn't that the bar for behavior isn't raised...it's actually lowered.
Well, yes, as the old enemies 'fall,' those who 'lead' the movements, and are vested in their importance and power they derived from these movements, refuse to declare victory and go home. So they, as you observed, but lower the thresholds of bad behavior or even invent new enemies/bad behavior so they remain in power.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

BarnOwl wrote:Freakin' cabbage worms have eaten >50% of my kale and collards, and crapped all over much of the rest. :(

Where can I get some parasitic wasps?

Oh, yeah ...

Ha! That took me about 3/4 of a second of "Huh?" and then ....bwaaaaaahahahahaha!

....still laughing.....

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Condolences, Phil. That sucks, but it sounds like the suffering was minimal at least.

And Walter, it sounds like you know what you're in for, good luck and keep your head up.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Why are you bad men making me wait so long for my menopause. I'm 50 now. Haven't I done my time under The Curse? Haven't I paid my dues to the Patriarchy as a Gender Traitor? I keep thinking 'hey, maybe that was my last period' and then another comes along and ruins my fun.
No, I don't want to fuck around with suppressing them. Also, the 2 times I've been on the pill, it actually lowered my libido (defeating my purpose at the time). Also, it runs in my family to develop blood clots in the legs from the pill, something that's in the news again. Plus, my doctor told me that she won't put anyone over 35 on the pill.

Mind you, I wouldn't say no to one of those quickie laproscopic hysterectomies like reGreta had. Minus the fluevogs though.
That one only stops periods in 45% of cases. Oh well, surely it can't be too long from now.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I'm so very sorry about your uncle, Phil.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

:lol:
Good thing I hadn't had a mouthful of coffee when I saw that; you, and others here, keep knocking them out of the park.

But a truly odd outlook, I think, on the part of Ophelia and, to be fair, many others. Personally, I think it's due, in part at least, to an inability to understand analogies which we know Ophelia, at least, to be seriously challenged by ....

Parody Accountant

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Brave Hero Radio with guest David Silverman, President of American Atheists, goes live tonight at 8PM Eastern/5 Pacific and will br archived immediately following broadcast.

We will talk about controversy in the secular/skeptic/atheist communities. Live chat is now available. Live callers will be taken during the show. If you have any comments or questions for me before the show that you would like me to address or ask David Silverman, please e-mail me or PM.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bravehero/ ... -silverman

http://i.imgur.com/uLspVZG.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Malsbert wrote:
Sacha wrote:To me, Bach is far beyond "classical", well into genius category, I can understand why hearing his music in the 1700's could make one believe in a god.
Erbarme dich, mein Gott!
I don't know jack about classical music, but that was... wow.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Why are you bad men making me wait so long for my menopause. I'm 50 now. Haven't I done my time under The Curse? Haven't I paid my dues to the Patriarchy as a Gender Traitor? I keep thinking 'hey, maybe that was my last period' and then another comes along and ruins my fun.

That one only stops periods in 45% of cases. Oh well, surely it can't be too long from now.
And ablation wouldn't be done for normal menopausal transition.

Re hormonal contraceptives for menopausal transition: another issue is you can't tell when you've reached menopause, have to just periodically stop the pill or whatever & wait a couple of months to see if you're still having periods so in a way it just delays that inevitable time of just having to see what your body is doing on its own. (I've had patients go through menopause as late as age 56, including at least one who would stop the pill every year for a while starting at age 50 to see whether or not she was still cycling normally.)

Leuprolide acetate (a long-acting injection medication) induces menopause and sometimes can be used to bridge into menopause a woman who is near menopause anyway, when a menstrual-related condition might otherwise warrant hysterectomy. I've had a couple of patients with adenomyosis where that approached worked well to spare them from surgery.

What I'm enjoying most about the transition, and can't wait to have become permanent, is those months without a menstrual-associated migraine, which have otherwise I've had regularly for more than 10 years. The hot flashes are not so delightful, but they pass and so far it's nothing layers and fanning can't address.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Pitchguest wrote:Behold, a 'reeeeeeeally ugly' horse.

http://zombieslash.com/wp-content/zombi ... 230353.jpg

Personally, though, it's one of the coolest photos I've ever seen. This was commissioned in 2006 to stand outside Denver International Airport, and the sculptor actually died when a large piece of the sculpture landed on top of his leg and ruptured an artery. Ouch.
Wait, didn't the Daily Show do a piece on that statue? Something about local schoolmarms being up in arms because they thought they could see penises in the mane?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

YES! It was actually on the Colbert Report, and I haven't found that clip, but I did find a video of the guy I was thinking of.

[youtube][/youtube]

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

oh goddammit, why can't the pit just accept normal html tags like anywhere else?

[youtube]LOQsvOkkLq4[/youtube]

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Badger3k wrote:
Teddy (Vox) is a pretty disgusting human being. He routinely brags about his intelligence (he always refers to Mensa), yet his knowledge and comprehension of most subjects is pitiful. And unlike most of the people PZ refers to, Teddy is an actual misogynist - his writings on women are nothing but FAIL. PZs labeling of people he disagrees with as being on par with him does reduce the word to pretty much meaningless. I think that if PZ has anyone read his blog who isn't a regular, these people are going to be confused - whether they think other people are on par with Teddy, or else they will think that PZ is making Teddy out to be worse than he actually is - just like everyone else PZ labels as misogynist. He shoots himself in the foot when he acts that hyperbolic. Way to go PZ!

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Phil. My condolences as well.
Vox Day wouldn't be the guy who used to call himself Vox Diabolica back in the old Livejournal atheism page, would he?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:

I understand a good cunt kick can be terribly effective.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Brave Hero Radio with David Silverman in 15 minutes. Word on the street is that FTB aligned people will be in chat and livetweeting on #bravehero on Twitter. Join the chat, call in, and have some fun tonight.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bravehero/ ... -silverman

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Parody Accountant

bovarchist wrote:YES! It was actually on the Colbert Report, and I haven't found that clip, but I did find a video of the guy I was thinking of.

[youtube][/youtube]
That's THIS guy... I dare you to find a scarier Christian music video.

[youtube]JLT66yJBYbA[/youtube]

It gets worse and worse. If you make it through the 'whores', stick around for the Obama verse... Instant cringe.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Gumby wrote:
Malsbert wrote:
Erbarme dich, mein Gott!
I don't know jack about classical music, but that was... wow.
turn up your speakers:

[youtube]rIcinMxNYBc[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Parody Accountant wrote:
bovarchist wrote:YES! It was actually on the Colbert Report, and I haven't found that clip, but I did find a video of the guy I was thinking of.

[youtube][/youtube]
That's THIS guy... I dare you to find a scarier Christian music video.

[yootube]JLT66yJBYbA[/yootube]

It gets worse and worse. If you make it through the 'whores', stick around for the Obama verse... Instant cringe.
I listened to the whole thing. Torn between chuckling and being sad that in the 21st century there are still so many people who fall for this primitive ignorant superstitious drivel.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:My uncle passed away last night. It sucks! Even more so as he was showing signs of improvement at the beginning of the week.

I'm leaving for some studio work on tuesday, so I will probably miss the funeral.
My condolences.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

#Vaculamustdenounce shit?

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

David Silverman is a gigantic cunt.

Silverman, you know how you mentioned there were things people could do that you would immediately and irrevocably cause you to never interact with that person ever again?

You just did that by calling me the equivalent of the Klu Klux Klan.

You are a fucking loser.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Percentage wrote:
Funny how that works.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

ERV wrote:David Silverman is a gigantic cunt.

Silverman, you know how you mentioned there were things people could do that you would immediately and irrevocably cause you to never interact with that person ever again?

You are a fucking loser.
It must have something to do with shit. He wants to spread the good news of getting out of shit.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ERV wrote:David Silverman is a gigantic cunt.

You are a fucking loser.
Holy shit. This is the president of American Atheists? It was just a sustained diatribe against JV.

Dave, I can see you're really upset about this.I honestly think you ought to sit down, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Haha, just tuned in, like two minutes before the music break. Good News for Justin Vacula. You can be a good activist.

http://southgrovefpc.co.uk/Youth+Childr ... ubLogo.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Aneris wrote:Haha, just tuned in, like two minutes before the music break. Good News for Justin Vacula. You can be a good activist.

http://southgrovefpc.co.uk/Youth+Childr ... ubLogo.jpg
Just eat the cupcake, Justin.

It has sprinkles.

http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips ... he-cupcake

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

In the chat, PZ is concerned with "Muslim Atheists"

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

What the fuck. Not only is nobody a leader here, we are also not condoning harassment, death threats and the like. Provided the standard english terms, not "non-dictionary" FfTB newspeak.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I am taking a short break from writing about my activism and am posting the archived version of the 6/15/13 episode of Brave Hero Radio with President of American Atheists David Silverman so that people who listened and will listen have a place to freely comment no matter their viewpoints. Stay tuned, tomorrow afternoon and evening, for more discussion about secularism and activism.

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... silverman/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Have to say - well done JV for staying cool in the fact of Dave going full Setar on you.

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

David Silverman has proved himself to be a fool, a complete idiot who blathers on and on about how men can't see the world as women do. Right in the start he refused to give any proof of harassment and goes into a completely tangent about how one must just, basically, "shut up and listen" and believe irrespective of any evidence to back up harassment claims. Also, he seems to have a strange idea that we are somehow responsible for thing we did not do, a classical religious trick of collective guilt and the concomitant punishment. Apparently, we must all drop everything, bare out backs (or backsides) and start whipping ourselves for the supposed harassment in the Movement.

Sadly, I could not bear to listen to more than 10 minutes of the garbage spewing out of Silverman, but I think Justin was doing the right thing. Any person with half a brain can see the absolute dogmatism and lack of skepticism from a supposed humanist, atheist and skeptic. Just mind boggling.

Of course, not surprisingly the buffoon-in-chief PZ was in full swing of buffoonery in the chat.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

justinvacula wrote:I am taking a short break from writing about my activism and am posting the archived version of the 6/15/13 episode of Brave Hero Radio with President of American Atheists David Silverman so that people who listened and will listen have a place to freely comment no matter their viewpoints. Stay tuned, tomorrow afternoon and evening, for more discussion about secularism and activism.

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... silverman/
I hope one day you confess you shit to Silverman and accept his good news.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Silverman: "Rape threats"... "harassment"...
JV: Can you provide examples of rape threats and harassment?
Silverman: "I don't have to give examples. What we need to do is listen to the women."

So much for skepticism.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

It bears repeating, there's no reason to denounce anything as long as Myers refuses to. All the nastiness comes from the culture he nurtured. He set a standard where it was acceptable to use vicious mockery as a tactic; he's got gall trying to claim some kind of moral high ground because he doesn't use female-based slurs. Much.

I mean, it's one thing to complain about threats and harassment, but when it turns out you're really talking about people photoshopping your head onto a gorilla's body, how do you expect people not to laugh at you?

Reap

Post by Reap »

Gumby wrote:Silverman: "Rape threats"... "harassment"...
JV: Can you provide examples of rape threats and harassment?
Silverman: "I don't have to give examples. What we need to do is listen to the women."

So much for skepticism.
No "shit " to that
David Silverman just went on the photoshop list and the sound bite list too. Wow, way to make yourself look foolish. And PZ says I am a ranting asshole?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well I for one think a really stiff email to American Atheists condemning Dave Silverman's highly unreasonable behavior is in order.