somedumbguy

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by somedumbguy »

12 Months, 1 Calendar.

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

Lsuoma wrote:
ladysetar wrote:CHECK YOUR PRIVLEGE BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!!!
/me looks in underpants.

Yep, white cock of privilege still there.
cocks...phew..the source of toxic masculinity which is why I always keep mine neatly nestled in the panties I stole from my mother. I may look like boy but i feel like girl

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Lsuoma said:
Nah. Setar.
Woah! Seriously?

If that is the case, then Setar is monumentally more stupid than I thought.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, Setar, welcome. We really will have a genuine discussion with you if that's what you're looking for. But this probably isn't a safe space.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

ladysetar wrote:It's payback time bitches and yes I've had a few too many cosmoploitans but that's only to help with the severe anxiety attacks I get whenever sombody mentions the word slime or pit
Am I the only one who sees a tiny flaw in Setar's plan to take over the world?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

katamari Damassi wrote:I was a contract worker for USAID for a couple of years and thought the agency tries to do good work(and succeeds at times)congress has turned it into a program to subsidize US agriculture and industry. Farmers are crops are subsidized and the surplus is used for famine relief and development work. Often on the development side NGO's are given grain which they may then sell in the nation being aided and use that money to fund their projects. The problem is that this can often drive down the market prices in the country they're ostensibly trying to help, and cause local farmer to go out of business. The NGO's must also use US made equipment which they buy with the money from the grain sales.
It's a difficult situation.
Similar goes on here in Canukistan and other countries. Vouchers are issued with a list of companies where they can be spent.

Having seen how that works out up close (I have spent a bit over twenty years in 3rd world countries), it translates into bagmen approaching various political actors with inducements to consider certain companies over others.

Sometimes the people involved fuck up royally, like the Karlheinz Schreiber business:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlheinz_Schreiber

When I throw out comments like "Obama is Bush in blackface and Harper is his bottom bitch" I am not really joking. Unfortunately, at a certain level it is true.

YMMV

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

another lurker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The key to quality of living and the sustainability of life is the ability to access and properly use energy.
The ability of mankind to settle areas beyond the subtropics was made possible by the ability to utilize the energy in fire, to gain energy in previously unavailable food by hunting technology, and the ability to better conserve energy by making clothes that withstand the cold.
Likewise our increases in standard of living have followed our ability to exploit energy especially during the industrial revolution and 20th century. To a large degree the standard of living of a community is linked to the amount of energy it consumes. Cheap and abundant energy is the major tool in our ability to access resources such as the ability to desalinate water and mine for increasingly more difficult to find minerals and fertilizers.
I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.
There, the solution to all the worlds' problems.

Will the feminists stop bitching complaining about sexism in video games, then?
Well, I will say this - that picture beats the fuck-all out of the other 'tub girl.'

On a similar note, I wonder if this will piss off the feminists:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000 ... 1353294811

http://www.fertileearth.org/_blog/Miami ... e_Miami_2/

The entire calendar here:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=2013+Lad ... iALD3YGwCQ

p141592654

Post by p141592654 »

I wonder if the Catholic church should be looking into canonizing some of the martyrs of THE CAUSE. Like, St. Rebbeca of the Elevator, or St. PZ of Idiot-town, US?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

ladysetar wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Not sure if serious, troll, or off their medication.
Serious and that medication shit is for whimps who needs it when I have the Aplus inner sanctum
I'm sure you mean 'Aplus inner rectum,' amirite?

Apples

Post by Apples »

16bitheretic wrote:PZ is acting like one of those knee jerk reactionaries that sees "free market" and suddenly reads into those words that Krauss must be using right-wing talking points. Because, you know, anyone that even suggests that some minor competition might be useful suddenly jumps into Ayn Rand territory or something.
Exactly. And, John Greg, thanks for your interesting and illuminating post above about Monsanto, Coca-Cola, etc. There is definitely an unholy, and, I would agree, frightening alliance between large corporations and governments. If you want to have *free* markets that are good for employees and consumers, you have to have real competition and governments have to prevent monopoly. You can't dick around with whether Microsoft is bundling Internet Explorer or Google is promoting its own products - you have to deal with behemoths like Monsanto, Citibank, Halliburton, etc. Of course when their executives and boardmembers are also the Cabinet, things get pretty twisted. Trick is to avoid throwing the economic babies out with the bathwater.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Submariner wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The key to quality of living and the sustainability of life is the ability to access and properly use energy.
The ability of mankind to settle areas beyond the subtropics was made possible by the ability to utilize the energy in fire, to gain energy in previously unavailable food by hunting technology, and the ability to better conserve energy by making clothes that withstand the cold.
Likewise our increases in standard of living have followed our ability to exploit energy especially during the industrial revolution and 20th century. To a large degree the standard of living of a community is linked to the amount of energy it consumes. Cheap and abundant energy is the major tool in our ability to access resources such as the ability to desalinate water and mine for increasingly more difficult to find minerals and fertilizers.
I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.

Will the feminists stop bitching complaining about sexism in video games, then?

On a similar note, I wonder if this will piss off the feminists:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000 ... 1353294811

http://www.fertileearth.org/_blog/Miami ... e_Miami_2/

The entire calendar here:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=2013+Lad ... iALD3YGwCQ

Would it be sexist of me to say I fapped?
OK, let's try this again...

I will say this, though - this one beats the fuck-all outta the other 'tub girl.'

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

John Greg wrote:Lsuoma said:
Nah. Setar.
Woah! Seriously?

I am not stoopid, just last week I did a combination major masters degree in both sociology and gender studies. So what if it's from some university in Nigeria, it was cheap and fast and next week I'll be doing my PhD. I just need more tips in my tip jar, look me up on tumbly, setarelven. I'm also a different species, I'm otherkin and there's an elf, a girl elfe, inside me that's soon going to burst forth like that aleien thing from the movie.

Gravity is a product of the partiarchy wxplain to me how I fell going up a flight of stairs, huh ? can you do that huh ? I'm breaking free of your opressive rules and it's liberating, kind of like taking off your bra at the end of the day

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

[quote="Al Stefanelli"
I'm sure you mean 'Aplus inner rectum,' amirite?[/quote]

Rectum ? Are you calling me an asshole ? THAT'S SEXIST !!!!! Oh wait

and that amirite stuff, we call it poppers, great before taking a huge dick in by boy pussy.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:He's just made another embarassing fuck up on pharyngula by posting a story about some anti abortion group deciding to join in an alliance with the Westboro Baptists.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... le-models/

Except if you follow the link (and actually read the stort rather than the headline, you'll realize that it is not a real story, its a (pretty lame) satire - it even explicitly labels itself as satire.

PZMyers, skeptic extraordinaire. :doh:
What an unbelievable loser.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Lsuoma wrote: Well, s/h/it said s/h/it has had too many cosmoploitans, so some medication obviously.
That would be cosmoexploitans, the favorite mixed drink of the oppressed.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

p141592654 wrote:I wonder if the Catholic church should be looking into canonizing some of the martyrs of THE CAUSE. Like, St. Rebbeca of the Elevator, or St. PZ of Idiot-town, US?
well, we do have Sancta Ophelia.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7272/7821 ... c98697.jpg

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Another gem by that other silent service member:

[youtube]QQBX9wQ-jIM[/youtube]

I'm glad I subbed (ouch bad pun)

sKepptiksowat

Amy's Necklace

Post by sKepptiksowat »

Is it still a pearl necklace if it's on her back?

WARNING: You can't unsee this shoop.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/8596/comp10000000.jpg

St PZ of Pharyngula

Post by St PZ of Pharyngula »

ladysetar wrote:
John Greg wrote:Lsuoma said:
Nah. Setar.
Woah! Seriously?

I am not stoopid, just last week I did a combination major masters degree in both sociology and gender studies. So what if it's from some university in Nigeria, it was cheap and fast and next week I'll be doing my PhD. I just need more tips in my tip jar, look me up on tumbly, setarelven. I'm also a different species, I'm otherkin and there's an elf, a girl elfe, inside me that's soon going to burst forth like that aleien thing from the movie.

Gravity is a product of the partiarchy wxplain to me how I fell going up a flight of stairs, huh ? can you do that huh ? I'm breaking free of your opressive rules and it's liberating, kind of like taking off your bra at the end of the day
This poster has my blessings. Slimers.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

PZ Myers wrote:good education does involve getting students to ask questions and think deeply write blogs, rather than being able to recite answers back at us; I also think it’s true that a good science educator has to be comfortable in the field blogosphere and be competent in the topic. And that means investing more in teacher training. It also involves paying them more to attract better teachers bloggers, because sometimes what happens is that a person with a family or special needs will find they can’t meet all their obligations on a teacher’s blogger's salary.
FTFY.
Lsuoma wrote:Nah. Setar.
Troll.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Nah. Setar.
Troll.
Yes, I know really - I was punning on JG's comment.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Even if the population is only one person, but that person's demand for resources rises continually, then resource consumption eventually overtakes the fixed amounts available if that person consumes long enough. And since we are playing fantasy football, why not?
I am not playing any sort of fantasy football here mate.
Your above suggestion that one person's consumption can physically rise to exceed the planetary energy input in less than their lifetime is so absurd as to render your "arguments" as no longer worth seriously engaging.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Rectum? I hardly knew em!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

TheMan wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:That implies you have also fixed the continuing growth in resource consumption issue. Reduce the population as far as you like. As long as it is non-zero, if the resource demands continue to rise year on year then you eventually exceed whatever limit you put on them.
Now, that is just being disingenuous there, oh Custardy Coward.
If I reduce it to the extremum of just one human, then makes a mockery of your scenario.
There was once a time when the human population was sustainable. This (again) demolishes your above assertion.
This is a continuum, not black & white, sir.
'Fess up and admit that I am correct.

Your "As long as it is non-zero..." nonsense is a travesty against mathematics, physics, poetry & common sense.
Leave it out, sunshine.
Sorry but at what time were things sustainable? I'm not aware of a time in history that there were no famine, starvation etc.
You mistake what I mean by "sustainable".
I mean that very thing: sustainable over the long-term (millennia).
Vis - consuming resources at their replacement rate.

I did not mean nor imply it to mean "perfect".
Especially not "famine free".
Dunno how you grabbed that end of the stick!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Lsuoma said:
Yes, I know really - I was punning on JG's comment.
And I missed the pun!

:doh:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:Maybe YOU should join feminism. They highly approve of false accusations, especially of child rape. Look up the false memory craze of the 80s and 90s, where any bad dream or depression meant that a quack feminist therapist would tell the patient that she was raped by her father when too young to remember and that that's the root of the bad dreams or depressions. Many families were needlessly destroyed by that.
Back in the early 80s, my wife was firmly convinced by her stupid shrink that she was repeatedly raped by her (deceased) father in a specific month, or months, of a specific year. Her harridan of a mother took it on as truth as well, railing day and night about how you can't trust men and she knew it all along. Until I asked the mother where the father was at that time. (He was a merchant seaman). It turns out that for the 9 months bounding that period, he was at sea in the northern hemisphere! Couldn't possibly have done it. Yet my wife still kept visiting the fraud of a shrink!
Bahhh spit!
Trick-cyclists: Pure Voodoo.

Apples

free from content blogs

Post by Apples »

Comrade Physioproffe, after a week with no posts except for Chapter 10 of Moby Dick verbatim, treats us to this breakthough essay:
Physioproffe wrote:Note To People In Stairwells In North America: Keep To The Fucken Right, Asshole
If you are going up the stairwell and you veer to the left and hug the inner edge as you turn around the corner on a landing between flights, the people coming down who are keeping correctly to the right are going to knock you on your stupid fucken dumshitte asse.
Thanks, Professor! Wow - you probably could have fit that scintillating post into two tweets. Now tell me more about your problems getting your Ipad to work, you fucking waste of oxygen. PZ? Ed? You have a vacancy.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/physioprof/ ... t-asshole/

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

John Greg wrote:I know many of you are going to moan and groan about this being some kind of nutty conspiracy theory paranoia, but I swear it is not. It was an intensive and in-depth eight month long research project, and we had hundreds of corporate-sourced documents backing it all up. I am sorry that I do not have any documents left to back this up -- I lost all my college docs, textbooks, etx., when I was homeless, and anyway, I was, at the time, stupidly unaware of how important it is to hang on to important and relevant hard-to-find documentation for possible unforeseen future uses.
The conspiracy to make a profit seems to be one of the easiest to believe. The private US prison system seems to be another good example of the priority of money over the simplest values of human life.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

ladysetar wrote:[quote="Al Stefanelli"

and that amirite stuff, we call it poppers, great before taking a huge dick in by boy pussy.[/quote]

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 78797.jpeg

Apples

Post by Apples »

Very nice work, 16bitheretic.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Gumby wrote:Meanwhile, the secret forum debate rages on at A+.
peecoke wrote:...If you think going away for a month - or two months - or three months will free you from this requirement, I advise you to re-think.
That's very bloody optimistic of peefolk!!
Assuming that the A+Theism forum will actually last for another 3 months!
It'll just be tumble-weeds after seepuke is the only one left, and has to resort to banning xhitself for thoughtcrimes.
Hilarious...

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Hey, I just got hit by baboons on Twitter! My account is suspended.

I guess talking shit about #BlockSaturday does get attention!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

16bitheretic wrote:Hey, I just got hit by baboons on Twitter! My account is suspended.

Make sure to appeal! And mention that #blocksaturday tag and the @aratina that uses it. Assholes.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

16bitheretic wrote:Hey, I just got hit by baboons on Twitter! My account is suspended.

We live in a truly bizarre world when purported atheists, skeptics and freethinkers actively strive to ban dissenting voices from a platform which isn't even their own.

I'm curious about twitter, having never really used it much - is it really so difficult to ignore someone you don't like on there? Do you get popups appearing whenever someone mentions you, or something like that?

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Tigzy wrote:

We live in a truly bizarre world when purported atheists, skeptics and freethinkers actively strive to ban dissenting voices from a platform which isn't even their own.

I'm curious about twitter, having never really used it much - is it really so difficult to ignore someone you don't like on there? Do you get popups appearing whenever someone mentions you, or something like that?
I'm pretty sure I got hit because I made a post in the #BlockSaturday tag mocking the SJWs for their internet activities on Twitter when real social justice fighters in India were trying to stop actual gang rapes. I also had baboon unapproved people in my follow/following lists.

Michael K Gray

Re: there once was a glob named funct...

Post by Michael K Gray »

Apples wrote:Heh. Glob the Funct, the A-plusser who wrote a completely innocent limerick about bankers and ended up being shamed and temp-banned in the aftermath, came back to start a thread titled, "Kafkaesque."
Glob the Funct wrote:I was banned for a week, for reasons I'm still not clear about.
When I asked for clarification, I was told by a moderator to drop the issue, or my ban would become permanent.

This bothers me deeply.
Is there not a safe space within a safe space where we can discuss this openly?
Piegasm wrote:Right, so permaban it is then...
Gotta love the "off with his head!" efficiency of these folks.
http://amodernmilitarymother.com/wp-con ... r-head.jpg

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3782
Arbitrary & undocumented rules are the staple tool of the religious.
Islam is full of them, as is Judaism, Communism & Scientology.
Tread ever-so carefully as you never ever know what innocent behaviour may be deemed to be unlawful until after you have committed it! There are no written rules on these matters. They are always decided by an unelected parasitic sooper-secret elite council.
The penalties will be utterly capricious, and bear no relation whatsoever to the supposed crime.
This is done on purpose, as it keeps the suckers very much on their toes, and unwilling to even think aloud anything but accepted dogma. It shuts down rational thought. Deliberately.

Apples

Post by Apples »

'Pitters, limber up your petition-signing digits - A+ has sounded the tocsin: we must get "transphobia" into the OED and the Microsoft Office dictionary.
mood2, quoting change.org petition wrote:"Transphobia" is not in the dictionary, yet words such as "homophobia" and "xenophobia" are. When writing the word "transphobia" into Microsoft Word a dashed red line appears underneath to indicate a misspelling or made-up word. However, "transphobia" is in fact spelt correctly and the correct term to describe either a fear or range of negative attitudes towards transsexual or transgender people.
boo! hiss! golem hates dashed red line!!!
mood2, quoting change.org petition wrote: The Oxford English Dictionary is one of the most renowned dictionaries in the world and even includes the vernacular and rather derogatory term ‘Chav’, yet it does not include a word used to describe the terrible prejudice faced by a whole subsection of society, and neither, in fact, does the dictionary and spell check of the most popular word possessor [sic] Microsoft Word. The omission of the word "transphobia" from the dictionary could in fact be said to be a reflection of the transphobia in our society.
Hear hear! Down with cis-normative word-possessors!

[quote="mood2, quoting etc.]
It is said that the beginning of overcoming a problem is identifying it.[/quote]

It is known, Khaleesi.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3788
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ ... dictionary

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Reap wrote: Does Melody say "Everyone has to follow the harassment policy PRIOR TO and during the conference" How does that work? If you EVER violate the harassment policy then you are not allowed to attend? What is the scope of this control over a persons actions? I hope she means threats and such but if I go on an ass-grabbing spree the night before and it doesn't involve anyone attending does that mean I'm banned from the conference?
As I said previously, that assertion is not enforceable, as a pure point of contract law. (Unless one agrees to the condition before committing to pay for the tickets, in which case one is fucking stoopid.)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Maybe YOU should join feminism. They highly approve of false accusations, especially of child rape. Look up the false memory craze of the 80s and 90s, where any bad dream or depression meant that a quack feminist therapist would tell the patient that she was raped by her father when too young to remember and that that's the root of the bad dreams or depressions. Many families were needlessly destroyed by that.
Back in the early 80s, my wife was firmly convinced by her stupid shrink that she was repeatedly raped by her (deceased) father in a specific month, or months, of a specific year. Her harridan of a mother took it on as truth as well, railing day and night about how you can't trust men and she knew it all along. Until I asked the mother where the father was at that time. (He was a merchant seaman). It turns out that for the 9 months bounding that period, he was at sea in the northern hemisphere! Couldn't possibly have done it. Yet my wife still kept visiting the fraud of a shrink!
Bahhh spit!
That's horrible. They really fucked things up for people, all because they are determined to find rape and abuse everywhere. I hope her father never knew she was making those claims. That's the kind of shit that ruins lives. Fuck, that's sad.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

nippletwister wrote:I have limited experience in this sort of thing, but in my younger days, I had, at different times, two women grab my ass, one woman grope my crotch, and one try to force a kiss on me while drunk at a friend's work-related party.
Fap, fap, fap.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Dick Strawkins wrote:The 'Women in Secularism 2' harrasment policy is here:
http://www.womeninsecularism.org/policy.html
...Prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, harassment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected group status, as provided by local, state, or federal law.
This clause can be seen to render the whole thing as null & void.
Stating that these Federal & State criminal offenses will be banned but, by implication, no other crimes, is very problematic.
Those behaviours are already "banned" by the government, and the police force is required to act, not conference organisers (as they imply).
Having CFI become the cops, judge, jury and executioner as a substitute for Law Enforcement Agencies is, itself, illegal.

Whoever wrote that policy should hand back their phoney Junior School graduation certificate.

(Did anyone notice in their cherry-picked list of crimes, intolerance based on religious beliefs is not specified? Funny that.)

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

16bitheretic wrote:

and that amirite stuff, we call it poppers, great before taking a huge dick in by boy pussy.
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 78797.jpeg[/quote]

Yes yes yes, I like that, especially the way the outfit picks upon the green background of the flag.

It is actually a pretty good likeness of me, how did you know ? Are you stalking me ? tee hee

I do have a few tiny suggestions though. Please, could you remove the facial hair, it's sooooooooo butch and IRL I would never be caught dead sporting something like that. In fact I shave foru times a day to keep my baby's behind smooth complexion. Speaking of could you please add in a little color to my lips and cheeks, nothing garish or slutty please. I knoe some girls like that luck but as we all know they're been brainwashed by the patriarchy and know not what they do. poor dears.

A little color above the eyes would be nice, just to balance the look, again nothing shocking, but demure, pretty, subtle, romantic, like mom, Oh and the hat, that has to go, I see something with a wide brim, maybe a floral motife rather than the tools of deathe that look currently features,

Giggle, I love the phallic symbol of the cigar because as they taught us in gender studies, a cigar is NEVER just a cigar.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Fucken quote tagges, how do they worke?

Anyway, Todrick Hall's "Ghetto Gangnam Style." Not quite as fab as "Beauty and the Beat," but good.

[youtube]nei3K326Avc[/youtube]

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

ladysetar wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:

Yes yes yes, I like that, especially the way the outfit picks upon the green background of the flag.

It is actually a pretty good likeness of me, how did you know ? Are you stalking me ? tee hee

I do have a few tiny suggestions though. Please, could you remove the facial hair, it's sooooooooo butch and IRL I would never be caught dead sporting something like that. In fact I shave foru times a day to keep my baby's behind smooth complexion. Speaking of could you please add in a little color to my lips and cheeks, nothing garish or slutty please. I knoe some girls like that luck but as we all know they're been brainwashed by the patriarchy and know not what they do. poor dears.

A little color above the eyes would be nice, just to balance the look, again nothing shocking, but demure, pretty, subtle, romantic, like mom, Oh and the hat, that has to go, I see something with a wide brim, maybe a floral motife rather than the tools of deathe that look currently features,

Giggle, I love the phallic symbol of the cigar because as they taught us in gender studies, a cigar is NEVER just a cigar.[/quote]

Makeup is a tool of oppression by the patriarchy, and by asking me to alter colors you have offended all brown people. Plus you had no trigger warnings in that post.

I

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

16bitheretic wrote:
ladysetar wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:

Giggle, I love the phallic symbol of the cigar because as they taught us in gender studies, a cigar is NEVER just a cigar.
Makeup is a tool of oppression by the patriarchy, and by asking me to alter colors you have offended all brown people. Plus you had no trigger warnings in that post.

I[/quote]

Ladysetar also used the word 'slutty'. tsk tsk

Altair

Post by Altair »

UnbelieveSteve wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Someone drank the Kool-aid ...

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 950aea.png

So what "happened" to them? :roll:
....(crickets).....
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6898/tweetn.png

The quest to expand the definition of "attacked" to include "being mentioned in a forum" continues. (The link he includes goes to BarnOwl's post)

Skeptic_Duh

Post by Skeptic_Duh »

justinvacula wrote:

It's also missing this idea, unless I am overlooking something (?), that people need to follow the policy prior to conferences. Not that I'm in violation of it or anything, but...
CFI and its affiliates have a zero-tolerance policy for hostile and harassing conduct. If a person engages in hostile or harassing conduct, appropriate remedial action will be taken, which may include, but is not limited to, expulsion from the conference. Threats of hostile conduct that are made prior to a conference may result in exclusion from the conference.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

16bitheretic wrote: I'm pretty sure I got hit because I made a post in the #BlockSaturday tag mocking the SJWs for their internet activities on Twitter when real social justice fighters in India were trying to stop actual gang rapes. I also had baboon unapproved people in my follow/following lists.
Well, here's some salve for that wound in the form of total pwnage:

Aratina "peachy" Cage faces off with defending champ Matt "MadMax" Hone

Not only is Aratina an abuser of the Twitter system, like Melody Hensley, makes up rules as s/h/it goes along.

(Posted by request of the Ophelia Poe. No, it's not me, Ophelia. Keep guessing)

Apples

Post by Apples »

:) Nice work, Scented! At first I thought Amy had simply been on a polyamorous date with Marv Albert, Kobe Bryant, and Banksy, but now I understand.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

free thoughtpolice wrote:...I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.
We already have all the fusion power that we need.
The fusion reactor is called "the Sun".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Altair wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Someone drank the Kool-aid ...

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 950aea.png

So what "happened" to them? :roll:
....(crickets).....
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6898/tweetn.png

The quest to expand the definition of "attacked" to include "being mentioned in a forum" continues. (The link he includes goes to BarnOwl's post)

I wonder if 'being attacked' is considered to be a badge of honour amongst the horde? I wonder if one achieves greater 'in-group' status by simply saying 'hey, the mean misogynists attacked me'. If this is the case, and if I desperately wanted to be accepted by these people - I would brag about how often I am 'attacked' by the evil misogynist pitters!

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Who the hell is this Bjarte Foghat, and why does he think we care?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch

Post by welch »

ladysetar wrote:CHECK YOUR PRIVLEGE BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't you fucking fuckers just leave us in peace ? We;re going to change the world any you dinosaurs are going to end up extinct. We don't need no comet, we have the internet and the furure is ours.

It's payback time bitches and yes I've had a few too many cosmoploitans but that's only to help with the severe anxiety attacks I get whenever sombody mentions the word slime or pit

We are Atheeissm Pluss and we WILL DOMINATE !!!
But can you dominate my dick

Altair

Post by Altair »

16bitheretic wrote:Who the hell is this Bjarte Foghat, and why does he think we care?
FSM knows. After checking his timeline, it appears that he´s a strong supporter of the FC(n), and that's probably why he was RT'ed by Ophelia Benson.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

16bitheretic wrote:Who the hell is this Bjarte Foghat, and why does he think we care?
I made the mistake of asking him what the fuck he was on about, guess that constitutes attacking.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:
TheMan wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:That implies you have also fixed the continuing growth in resource consumption issue. Reduce the population as far as you like. As long as it is non-zero, if the resource demands continue to rise year on year then you eventually exceed whatever limit you put on them.
Now, that is just being disingenuous there, oh Custardy Coward.
If I reduce it to the extremum of just one human, then makes a mockery of your scenario.
There was once a time when the human population was sustainable. This (again) demolishes your above assertion.
This is a continuum, not black & white, sir.
'Fess up and admit that I am correct.

Your "As long as it is non-zero..." nonsense is a travesty against mathematics, physics, poetry & common sense.
Leave it out, sunshine.
Sorry but at what time were things sustainable? I'm not aware of a time in history that there were no famine, starvation etc.
You mistake what I mean by "sustainable".
I mean that very thing: sustainable over the long-term (millennia).
Vis - consuming resources at their replacement rate.

I did not mean nor imply it to mean "perfect".
Especially not "famine free".
Dunno how you grabbed that end of the stick!
I took sustainable to mean forever. Sustainability to me implies that no-one is left hungry and wanting. am I over reaching sustainability?

It's never "perfect".

We're spoilt aren't we....

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Bahhh spit!
b]Ah, fuck....my condolences, and I hope your wife got better.

I just finished Sagan's "Demon Haunted World"...I was pleasantly surprised that he spent a bit of time looking critically at false memory syndrome and the related "satanic ritual abuse" panic of the 80's and 90's. He winds through a narrative taking a look at alien abductees, religious witch hunts, and false memory "abuse" cases through the same perspective, pointing out how eerily similar most of the claims are. I think the only weakness in Sagan's critique is that he , in his usual diplomatic manner, doesn't go quite far enough in his criticisms(he mentioned the known phenomenon of false rape claims as they relate to false memory syndrome, but I think he didn't want to piss off his more liberal supporters), but that might also have been limited by the lack of available data.

I have a bit of personal experience in this area as well, which is part of what informs my extreme dislike of certain manifestations of religion, pseudo-science, and anti-scientific, politicized feminism and other ideologies that seem to idolize victimization. One of my high school girlfriends started confiding to me, after we'd been together for well over a year, that she was an abuse victim. At first, I was lead to believe that one of her uncles had sexually abused her. I still don't know if this one claim is true, but some of her family did seem creepy and suspicious of outsiders(not that that constitutes any kind of evidence of anything). As she revealed more over time, it became a completely insane conspiracy involving multiple uncles, a hidden uncle with powerful criminal connections, years of abduction, rape, and elaborate torture, and a host of other highly unlikely claims. After a while, there was even a "body double" of her to cover her abductions, which ended up being a long-standing but somewhat suppressible Multiple Personality Disorder. At 17, I had no fucking clue that people could seem so very normal and yet be utterly delusional. The other delusionals and mentally unstable people I had known all gave off great flashing warning signs. What really scares the shit out of me is that this person is now a dorm counselor at a well-known christian college...I sure hope she got better first.

None of her family ever mentioned any of this to me, though they all knew. At first, I was mad as hell at them, and thought that their conservative religious views might be making things worse or at least preventing better help from getting to her. They would only allow her to see properly "christian" therapists, who had clearly done no good. I thought maybe her family even believed her wild tales to some degree...but they didn't seem that stupid or crazy. Looking back, given the sorry state of psychoanalysis at the time(late 80's, early 90's), and the somewhat intrusive state child protection system in California, it occurred to me that they may have been making a hard but prudent choice to keep her with the family, although I can't help thinking that their very conservative religious beliefs and taboos didn't help her...but they may not have harmed her much, either. I can't say. I suppose a shit-ton of extra religion-based shaming might have made things worse, but I don't really know how bad it was within her family. They seemed pretty decent.

Since then, I have had an extremely low opinion of people who would encourage any of this sort of thing for profit, or even in a misguided attempt to help people. I've heard of other cases like this, and even seen things like this ruin lives of people accused of crimes so ridiculous they wouldn't even be put in a faked snuff film.

I think all of these topics need a shit-ton of real research, not wild speculation by the gullible and exploitative political ploys or profiteering by the cynical. It may be rare these days, or at least more rare for such delusions to be widely believed and acted on, but the pile of victims, on all sides of these delusions, is huge and reaches back throughout history.

If anyone here at the Pit has any reading recommendations on any of these subjects that go deeper than Sagan's skeptical treatment, I would very much appreciate if you would speak up. I am very interested, but unaware of any solid but accessible work. Any aspect or perspective is ok... psychology, empirical studies, perspectives from social sciences, notes of other similar delusions, perspectives from victims, whatever. Books, studies, youtube videos, blogs, anything.

Thank you in advance if you have any suggestions.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Elevatorgate has a picture of bart attempting to strangle himself with sulkyamy things, well worth seeing. I'm thinking he's git some kind of fetish going on there, asphyxiation by ramic because he's a bad bad patriarchy boy.