Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Tkmlac

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Tkmlac »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Which probably prompted Dank's "or move here". Not a bad advise, IMO, if you get really pissed off by your country and can't do anything about the way things are. In your lifetime, I mean.
We're hoping. It's harder and harder to be upwardly mobile here, especially the children of parents who didn't go to college. Luckily my husband's parents pushed him to do it and his family saved for it while my college "fund" went up my parents noses. If we get out it will be because he's getting a phd while I've been working full time since I was seventeen and chipping away at community college since I was 21. I want to teach high school some day, but I don't know what the demand is like in other countries.

decius

Post by decius »

rayshul wrote:[

I've seen a *lot* of Europeans treating Americans like shit, including spitting on them in the street and completely clearing out bars when they enter. .
In which country did you see this?

cunt

Post by cunt »

SPACKlick wrote: Whether or not Sarah's mistake is irrelevant, you've got to admit that people blaming rebecca for her mistake is *insert negative word I brain not*
What i'll admit is that Rebecca Watson is smarter than you.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

SPACKlick wrote:
Dilurk wrote:[spoiler]
ReneeHendricks wrote:I'm a bit late on the "ragging"-Mayhew-Watson thing so sorry for this late in the game reply. I wanted to point out that "ragging on" may have different basic meanings depending upon where you live. Much like "cunt". To me that phrase always has had connotations of a woman being "on the rag". M2C.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=237&start=1725#p54083
The negroes call their clog-dancing "ragging"
It would be mighty odd to think of menstruation every time 'ragtime' music was mentioned.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ragtime ragged time makes sense.

Looking for the etymology of 'ragging' I also find http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ragging[/qpoiler]

The point here is, Rebecca Watson does no research and tells anyone else that disagrees with her etymology of the word, that they are 'The dumbest person on twitter' instead.
Guys, get your facts straight.

SARAH lied about the etymology of "Ragging" in order to make MELANIE look bad and REBECCA called her on it. People have misinterpreted what has been said and let's stop attacking where there is not mistake.

Rebecca said
Also it took me about 30 seconds of Googling to see that “ragged on” having something to do with menstruation is unlikely at best and at worst is an idiotic way to try and fail to score a cheap point.
Well I agree, 'ragged on' is not usually about menstruation.

Looking at the last tweets.

https://twitter.com/saramayhew/status/2 ... 7364024321

According to Sara Mayhew, Melody says Women are ragging on skeptchicks to garner male attention. That's a pretty sexist remark all by itself, replace the word 'ragging' with 'hating' or ''criticising' and it is still a sexist remark.

Sara goes on to say Rebecca Watson goes on about the etymology of 'ragging' to deflect the claim.
I took that to mean that Sara was complaining that Rebbeca was bringing up the menstruation reference to distract from the claim that it was a sexist remark.

Here Sara appears to be arguing that 'ragging' does have the menstruation connotation. So it is clear I made a mistake here in interpretation above. It was indeed Sara making the claim 'ragging' had the menstruation connotation not Rebecca Watson.

https://twitter.com/saramayhew/status/2 ... 9796896769

However, she references http://books.google.ca/books?id=GtlU3dH ... edir_esc=y

I still find the original statement from Melody to be sexist no matter what the etymology of 'ragging' is used. If Melody was conscious of the menstruation connotation of 'ragging' then that simply makes it worse.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Git wrote:
I was sad that you didn't.

But then I think that genocidal fascist tyrants are a bad thing, unlike Chirac.
We wouldn't have been very helpful, what with us French running when we taste cold steel...

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's not the winning the battle that counts, its how much blood you get to spill before you fall. Legio patria nostra.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Dilurk wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:I'm a bit late on the "ragging"-Mayhew-Watson thing so sorry for this late in the game reply. I wanted to point out that "ragging on" may have different basic meanings depending upon where you live. Much like "cunt". To me that phrase always has had connotations of a woman being "on the rag". M2C.
It would be mighty odd to think of menstruation every time 'ragtime' music was mentioned.

Looking for the etymology of 'ragging' I also find http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ragging[/qpoiler]

The point here is, Rebecca Watson does no research and tells anyone else that disagrees with her etymology of the word, that they are 'The dumbest person on twitter' instead.
Guys, get your facts straight.

SARAH lied about the etymology of "Ragging" in order to make MELANIE look bad and REBECCA called her on it. People have misinterpreted what has been said and let's stop attacking where there is not mistake.

Rebecca said
Also it took me about 30 seconds of Googling to see that “ragged on” having something to do with menstruation is unlikely at best and at worst is an idiotic way to try and fail to score a cheap point.
Well I agree, 'ragged on' is not usually about menstruation.

Looking at the last tweets.

https://twitter.com/saramayhew/status/2 ... 7364024321

According to Sara Mayhew, Melody says Women are ragging on skeptchicks to garner male attention. That's a pretty sexist remark all by itself, replace the word 'ragging' with 'hating' or ''criticising' and it is still a sexist remark.

Sara goes on to say Rebecca Watson goes on about the etymology of 'ragging' to deflect the claim.
I took that to mean that Sara was complaining that Rebbeca was bringing up the menstruation reference to distract from the claim that it was a sexist remark.

Here Sara appears to be arguing that 'ragging' does have the menstruation connotation. So it is clear I made a mistake here in interpretation above. It was indeed Sara making the claim 'ragging' had the menstruation connotation not Rebecca Watson.

https://twitter.com/saramayhew/status/2 ... 9796896769

However, she references http://books.google.ca/books?id=GtlU3dH ... edir_esc=y

I still find the original statement from Melody to be sexist no matter what the etymology of 'ragging' is used. If Melody was conscious of the menstruation connotation of 'ragging' then that simply makes it worse.
Your google books link took me to an empty page, but re-searching the same search terms brought me to this, which my guess is what the reference was:

http://i.imgur.com/tRIF0Tu.jpg

I don't know the etymology of "ragging" as in "quit ragging on me", but it is hard for me to pass by connotations I normally associate with "she's on the rag" or even "he's on the rag" and think that "quit ragging on me" is not a reference to a woman being nagging and bitchy because it's her period.

Apples

Post by Apples »

So, Greta wrote an article about "sensuality" and the atheist community the other day for secularhumanism.org. The link was borked at first, and she snarked at commenters who commented without having read it ..... because it wasn't available. Heh.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... /#comments

Anyway, the article's up, and I guess I understand Greta-itis now. She doesn't have time to write meaningful arguments or substantial rebuttals on her blog because:
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.ph ... stina_33_2
Greta wrote:I know that I’m not the only atheist who revels in good food and better hooch; who fucks all afternoon and dances all night; who walks in the sun for miles and pumps iron for the sheer endorphiny pleasure of it; who literally stops and smells roses. But our public life typically doesn’t reflect this. There are notable exceptions, of course: Skeptics in the Pub and similar events leap to mind. But in large part, our public life as atheists—our events, our writings, our culture—is geared toward political activism, social change, the pursuit of science, and the life of the mind.
The pursuit of science, and the life of the mind. That's a good one. As for her lead-in question, "Why isn’t atheist culture more physical? Why isn’t it more focused on sensuality and sensual joy?" Well, clearly, it's because we need more restrictive sexual harassment policies at conferences.

You needn't bother reading the article, but if you're on the fence, maybe this will get you in the mood (from Greta's Friday piece about buying gym-pants at Ross):
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/files ... othes1.jpg
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... t-clothes/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, Janice Soprano. Now, that's a character I wanted to reference months ago with regards to those SJWs. She's the perfect incarnation of the way I envision them at times.

I swear, I love the show (watched the full seasons 3 times already), but everytime she was on screen, I'd crinch.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

"Crinch" doesn't sound like a real word. make that "cringe".

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, Janice Soprano. Now, that's a character I wanted to reference months ago with regards to those SJWs. She's the perfect incarnation of the way I envision them at times.

I swear, I love the show (watched the full seasons 3 times already), but everytime she was on screen, I'd crinch.
crinch
/crinCH/

Noun
Soft, wet, papery sound eyes, ears, and testicles make when crumpling up and trying to withdraw into body for safety. Frequently heard tailing off with a soft "ploop".

"I was drinking with Phil last night watching TV, and we all just busted out laughing at how loud and fast his crinch was, whenever Janet Soprano started speaking."

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

somedumbguy wrote: Your google books link took me to an empty page, but re-searching the same search terms brought me to this, which my guess is what the reference was:

http://i.imgur.com/tRIF0Tu.jpg

I don't know the etymology of "ragging" as in "quit ragging on me", but it is hard for me to pass by connotations I normally associate with "she's on the rag" or even "he's on the rag" and think that "quit ragging on me" is not a reference to a woman being nagging and bitchy because it's her period.
That's the page, thanks for that. I definitely had it wrong assuming Rebecca was claiming it was a menstruation reference not Sara. However, it is still immaterial here IMO. To claim that Sara is criticising another woman simply to attract the attention of men is sexist. It is fair to criticise anyone woman, man, or that green slime that is growing in my fridge, if they make a statement. We are all required (including the green slime) to be able to back up our claims with evidence and not claim that a criticism against the green slime is an attempt to curry the favour of male green slime.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

The point is....I was right. (about "ragging" having menstruating connotations). Ok carry on. hehe. RW is an idiot.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

On that "ragging" thing, I think mistakes were made here as to attributions. Confirmation bias, maybe.

Or maybe it's the fact that the skepchick/FC(n)/A+...etc have been attacking the slightest use of a word and denied its diverse cultural meanings and uses for the last ~2 years. Which is basically what drew me in this fuckfest in the first place.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

For the love of Moloch! Am I seriously watching a decent chunk of the 'pit go full Oolon in order to score some cheap points against Rebecca? Don't you derps know? You never go full Oolon.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

AndrewV69 wrote:I will just leave this one here:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/th ... se-to-see/
Remember the controversy in the feminist blogosphere over strange men talking to women in an elevator? Reverse the sexes and I lived it. For me, the issue wasn’t hypothetical or used to demonstrate which gender has it worse with regard to potential sexual violence. It was based on an actual trauma response. The back and forth over why men should expect to be viewed as rapists by women in elevators took on a whole new level of offensive when viewed through the lens of my own experience.
I have to ask those people what kind of heartless person would do otherwise? I have to live with the consequences of her decisions that night. I regret ever meeting her. I regret agreeing to help her. I regret letting her buy me drinks. You know what I don't regret? I don't regret restraining myself and choosing not to use force against a pregnant woman and her child - even in my own defense. I have to ask - what kind of sorry excuse for a "man" would proudly do otherwise? As is evidenced by the comments on the Huffington Post snippet of my panel comments, apparently, there are a lot of you out there without the courage to endure something horrible and then face it down like a man - and get the help you need. You'd rather silence another man for the sake of being a BIG, TOUGH GUY, because you think, given the same situation, you would actually hurt a pregnant woman just to prove your manhood. Maybe you would, which makes you as scary as you are sad.

To those playing that card, no, I don't think that makes you a "REAL MARINE" in the slightest. I think it makes you a REAL, SAD, MISERABLE excuse for a human being. In the Corps, we called such a person a Shit Bird.

Keep clucking birds. I'm not in your formation. I'd rather fly alone than with any "man" who would rather hurt a woman and silence other men, than admit he got hurt himself. I'm speaking out so that other men who have experienced rape, whether at the hands of a man or woman, feel less alone and more empoowered to seek the help they need. All you and your ilk have to offer are the tired old tricks of groupthink, cowardice and a miserable excuse for masculinity if you have to hurt a woman to prove you are a man.

I'm done with such "men" and I have no use for their violence, hatred, false bravado and utter lack of empathy. I served with pride and earned my stripes and every medal that got pinned on my chest - and I didn't need to hurt a woman to do it. My masculinity is not defined by my ability to perform violence, but my my desire to do the right thing, even at the expense of my own security.
This guy's macho sexist shit gets on my wick a bit. Fuck that. The point at which someone decides to rape is the point at which their head becomes a legitimate target for a smacking. He didn't have to hurt the unborn child, he could have put her lights out without harm to the kid. He gets no brownie points for letting her manipulate him into letting her finish the rape.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

jimthepleb wrote:
jesus christ apples!! trigger warnings PLEASE.
I don't want to sound mean, and I think there's something weird with the pic's angle, but I'm listening to the "The Hobbit" soundtrack right now, and it doesn't sound out of line...

Apples

Post by Apples »

jimthepleb wrote:jesus christ apples!! trigger warnings PLEASE.
:D sorry about that - hugs if you want them! {{{{}}}}

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Angry_Drunk wrote:For the love of Moloch! Am I seriously watching a decent chunk of the 'pit go full Oolon in order to score some cheap points against Rebecca? Don't you derps know? You never go full Oolon.
Tropic Thunder, right?

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

debaser71 wrote:The point is....I was right. (about "ragging" having menstruating connotations). Ok carry on. hehe. RW is an idiot.
You were quite right. I had a hard time finding the tweet where Sara referenced the googlebooks reference.

I got it wrong assuming it was RW claiming 'ragging' having the menstruation connotation. I am still very much a twitter n00b. FWIW, I have also been blocked by the Aratina whatever it is, (hence I appear to be also blocked by RW) despite my best effort at staying as unbiased as possible and not getting that involved. I am willing to talk to all sides and listen to all sides since I am honestly interested in whatever the true story is, but it is harder when creationist tactics are used such as blocking.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Go for it Francy. As part of your court-ordered community service you can clean out the garage and mow the lawn. Better make sure the paint isn't too hard to scrub out.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:For the love of Moloch! Am I seriously watching a decent chunk of the 'pit go full Oolon in order to score some cheap points against Rebecca? Don't you derps know? You never go full Oolon.
Tropic Thunder, right?
You got it.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

So how long does this twitter suspension shit last?
I'm back but have 0 followers and 0 followed now, for a while, and a dead feed.
I think it must have been my tweet to ophie that bought me it.
I'll bet she has templates for letters of complaint.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Dilurk wrote:
debaser71 wrote:The point is....I was right. (about "ragging" having menstruating connotations). Ok carry on. hehe. RW is an idiot.
You were quite right. I had a hard time finding the tweet where Sara referenced the googlebooks reference.

I got it wrong assuming it was RW claiming 'ragging' having the menstruation connotation. I am still very much a twitter n00b. FWIW, I have also been blocked by the Aratina whatever it is, (hence I appear to be also blocked by RW) despite my best effort at staying as unbiased as possible and not getting that involved. I am willing to talk to all sides and listen to all sides since I am honestly interested in whatever the true story is, but it is harder when creationist tactics are used such as blocking.
There's oodles of "preemptive" blocking going on with Twitter involving the likes of Aratina, RW, and many others. The whole "friend of a friend of a friend" kind of crap.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

jimthepleb wrote:So how long does this twitter suspension shit last?
I keep trying to follow you and get bumped out again for some odd reason. I can see your timeline. If you're not back within 24 hours, contact Twitter support is my suggestion.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Go for it Francy. As part of your court-ordered community service you can clean out the garage and mow the lawn. Better make sure the paint isn't too hard to scrub out.
My daughter would kill for a few of those on our drive and we have the space... If I gave him my address you think he'd sort me out?
We could chip in and bring him over to yurp for a while and practise our spitting.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Has this already been covered? It reeks of bullshit. Whether Zvans bullshit or ciaphas' bullshit remains to be seen but, bullshit it is.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... anging-on/
TLDR; Steffy Zvan would have us honestly believe that a would-be-rapist decided not to rape a girl because he read Zvan's blog. Pull the fucking other one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Weird, seems to have reset your followers and stuff. I followed you this morning. Well, gotta do it again, I guess.

Apples

Post by Apples »

I guess Rebecca was so refreshed by her victory over Sara that she decided to redecorate Skepchick. It looks like crap. Also - bonus!
Rebecca wrote:I’m considering doing a thing where you could buy a premium (but inexpensive) subscription to Skepchick that would give you the option of turning off ads. And maybe other perqs, too.
Well now we know what to get each other for Xmas next year.

http://skepchick.org/2013/01/a-new-look/

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Sorry, I was just being a goof. I am not calling anyone out or anything like that. To be honest I never click on links to skepchick or FTB...I was only going by the screen shots. (actually I did click on a tiny url and it brought me to skepchick...I immediately closed it up. Noooooo they got a hit from me!

btw, thanks people for screen shotting these things. I don't have twitter/facebook or any of that crap.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Apples wrote:I guess Rebecca was so refreshed by her victory over Sara that she decided to redecorate Skepchick. It looks like crap. Also - bonus!
Rebecca wrote:I’m considering doing a thing where you could buy a premium (but inexpensive) subscription to Skepchick that would give you the option of turning off ads. And maybe other perqs, too.
Well now we know what to get each other for Xmas next year.

http://skepchick.org/2013/01/a-new-look/
...or AdblockPlus...

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

cunt wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Sorry guys, but with all the violence that is coming our way, i had to break out Julian.

[youtube]vGnCR8a8KIY[/youtub]
I dunno man. They've been training hard... I think we might be fucked.

[youtube]OYWGF8Hrkg8[/youtube]
Observe how all the bottles contain water.
Had they contained soda they would certainly have met a very different (though equally violent and rapid) fate.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
I keep trying to follow you and get bumped out again for some odd reason. I can see your timeline. If you're not back within 24 hours, contact Twitter support is my suggestion.
9 tweets and less than 24hrs... LOL
And i didn't even say 'cunt'
How easy is it to get an account down?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Gefan wrote:
Observe how all the bottles contain water.
Had they contained soda they would certainly have met a very different (though equally violent and rapid) fate.
They probably would have won.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Jumping on the bandwagon.........
Trigger warning for shitty sound, animation and impression.

[youtube]VJ_pi54SkeI[/youtube]
:D

Love the comment you left on halfish's video too.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

jimthepleb wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
9 tweets and less than 24hrs... LOL
And i didn't even say 'cunt'
How easy is it to get an account down?
Speaking from personal experience, I'm seeing that newer accounts are more likely to get suspended. I've been on Twitter for something like 5-6 years and I've never been suspended. And I say shit *way worse* than most new accounts :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Regarding cunt as a gendered insult.

I'm re-re-re-reading Spike Milligan's war memoirs - among the most poignant and funny autobiographies I have ever read - and in the Royal Artillery (and, I'm sure, the whole of the British and Empire armed forces (don't want ANZACs to be left out - HUG)) the word cunt appears to be by far the most common insult used. Sod is there, as is idiot, but if the dialogue Milligan reports is representative, cunt is the #1, bull-goose insult. And it's directed at men exclusively. With no sexual connotation. And I doubt very munch indeed whether the situation is different in today's modern armed forces.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Gumby wrote:
Jason Thibeault and his fellow lunatics aren't going to be satisfied until everyone is a genderless, no-personality, humorless, politically correct blob of mostly inert protoplasm.
I have occasionally wondered what the logical conclusion of all this A+ crap might be, and there it is right in front of me.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

This is a gem.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3748
An A+ user calling himself "H.P Lovecraft" admits to "trolling" the Stormfront forum attempting to "bait and enrage" the users there. However he takes umbrage at the Stormfront folks for "documenting reams of racist bile written by Lovecraft, particularly from his personal letters." even though he admits it is true that Lovecraft WAS a racist.
He then goes on to say "I hate to see his racism placed at the forefront of his reputation" and admits to "warning them that they were likely violating the copyright of whoever owns Lovecraft's writings" simply for repeating the content of Lovecraft's racist letters.

So here we have a brave SJW who admits to trolling a forum but ends up furious that, in response to the trolling, people would dare to bring up Lovecraft's undisputed racism.
What the holy fuck?

Trolling? You're doing it wrong.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Lsuoma wrote:Regarding cunt as a gendered insult.

I'm re-re-re-reading Spike Milligan's war memoirs - among the most poignant and funny autobiographies I have ever read - and in the Royal Artillery (and, I'm sure, the whole of the British and Empire armed forces (don't want ANZACs to be left out - HUG)) the word cunt appears to be by far the most common insult used. Sod is there, as is idiot, but if the dialogue Milligan reports is representative, cunt is the #1, bull-goose insult. And it's directed at men exclusively. With no sexual connotation. And I doubt very munch indeed whether the situation is different in today's modern armed forces.
Or police force, or on farm or on a building site etc etc But if we can dismiss these uppity working classes by shackling their language we get to rule the roost. Cunts.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

JayTeeAitch wrote:[spoiler]
Tony Parsehole wrote:Jumping on the bandwagon.........
Trigger warning for shitty sound, animation and impression.

[youtube]VJ_pi54SkeI[/youtube]
:D[/spoiler]

Love the comment you left on halfish's video too.
TBH I thought it would have been auto-moderated. Glad it wasn't.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

SPACKlick wrote: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]Guys, get your facts straight.

Rebecca said
I tried Tweeting some sense during that exchange to no avail. It was a dumb point to make and I don't know what kind of sheltered life someone has had that they don't know what "ragging" means or confuses "ragging on" someone with someone "being on the rag"

The plus side: When it's a girl fight and you're a spectator, everyone's a winner.

It was very bitchy and distasteful. Just stupid one-upmanship cat fighting. I haven't seen anything that juvenile since me and Cunt went a few rounds over something or other that seemed to be important at the time but escapes me now.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

It certainly seems reasonable to associate "ragging" with menstruation, though here is a comment that claims it comes from "to rag", to rend, to tear.

http://blogs.standard.net/the-political ... bush-does/

But here are some internet references going back to at 1997 demonstrating that random people on the net think it's associated with menstruation. (Spoiled only because of size of images)

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/Mxgjo7c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h8pd6fq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J37pEaa.jpg[/spoiler]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:

Rebecca said
I tried Tweeting some sense during that exchange to no avail. It was a dumb point to make and I don't know what kind of sheltered life someone has had that they don't know what "ragging" means or confuses "ragging on" someone with someone "being on the rag"

The plus side: When it's a girl fight and you're a spectator, everyone's a winner.

It was very bitchy and distasteful. Just stupid one-upmanship cat fighting. I haven't seen anything that juvenile since me and Cunt went a few rounds over something or other that seemed to be important at the time but escapes me now.
It was about Alcoholics-Anonymous and it made baby Jesus and the orphans cry.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Woohoo! So, Justin Vacula is over the $1k mark thanks to Hans C. Schellenberg:
Hans C. Schellenberg @hanscs - @reneehendricks @justinvacula I just chipped in $100.
https://twitter.com/hanscs/status/294154041703931904

Just a tiny bit more and he's set. Oh, and 20% of what he receives goes to Operation Smile so I'm happy on all counts!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Mykeru wrote:

Rebecca said

You're just bitter someone else is getting the attention.
Sara has a different and probably valid criticism of the word, but throwing it at RW is lethal, she's playing a longer game and this kind of crap feeds into her hands. She's outrageously immature but it seems to be working for her right now.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Has this already been covered? It reeks of bullshit. Whether Zvans bullshit or ciaphas' bullshit remains to be seen but, bullshit it is.
TLDR; Steffy Zvan would have us honestly believe that a would-be-rapist decided not to rape a girl because he read Zvan's blog. Pull the fucking other one.
This is fucking weird, isn't it? The guy seems to be suggesting that he was of a mind to rape this paralytically drunk girl, but was then suddenly reminded of Steffy's musings on the matter, and decided against it.

It brings to mind those Xtians who say they they need the edicts of the Bible to be moral - except in this case, the poster called 'Ciaphas' (http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-183923) somehow needs to refer to the 'objective morality' of Stephanie for such guidance.

Seriously, people who are not psychopathically deranged do not need Steffy to remind them that when a girl is so shitfaced you need to carry her to bed, she is not capable of giving consent to sex.

Nevertheless, fair do's to Steffy if her writings genuinely did prevent a rape. She's to be applauded on that. That poster, however, clearly has...problems.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Richard Dworkins wrote:Just catching up.

On Cunt (not the poster). Does no one else here think the demand that everyone not use that word because some people are offended by it because it is "oppressive" is the kind of arrogant American cultural imperialism that the same SJW's frown upon while they are staining the latest Chomsky book with tears?

Does anyone else think that two could play that game and that we could demand that "privilege" is used in it's original correct and legal sense of "private law." which is in Western Democracies illegal under equality laws and discrimination acts. Thus when they parrot their Chinese box style responses about "check your privilege" people could easily respond "I have no privilege, it's against the law."

Obviously I know there are many contexts to both privilege and cunt.
Speaking of which, avicenna wrote this in response to me on his blog about the Pit,
No it’s a forum in the vein of /b on 4Chan. Except /b occasionally threw up works of sheer genius (Such as the birth of Anonymous) while so far it’s just harassment and calling each other cunts. Now I understand the cultural differences also affect the word (it’s more of a term of endearment where I am from and hearing a little old lady refer to her two grand kids as a pair of daft cunts is pretty normal.) but we are on the internet, the sad truth is the majority of Internet denizens are Americans so we non americans have to cater to them in some way or else my comments will be filled with people outraged that I wish to bum a fag off them (asking for a cigarette).
Emphasis on the red part.

Really. They've gone fucking nuts.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Has this already been covered? It reeks of bullshit. Whether Zvans bullshit or ciaphas' bullshit remains to be seen but, bullshit it is.
This is fucking weird, isn't it? The guy seems to be suggesting that he was of a mind to rape this paralytically drunk girl, but was then suddenly reminded of Steffy's musings on the matter, and decided against it.

It brings to mind those Xtians who say they they need the edicts of the Bible to be moral - except in this case, the poster called 'Ciaphas' (http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-183923) somehow needs to refer to the 'objective morality' of Stephanie for such guidance.

Seriously, people who are not psychopathically deranged do not need Steffy to remind them that when a girl is so shitfaced you need to carry her to bed, she is not capable of giving consent to sex.

Nevertheless, fair do's to Steffy if her writings genuinely did prevent a rape. She's to be applauded on that. That poster, however, clearly has...problems.
I keep thinking "I was going to totally kill all these people but then I remembered that I was told once by this blogger that this is a crime".

astrokid.nj

The PZMyers of American Protestantism?

Post by astrokid.nj »

[youtube]ZkaeAkJO0w8[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:

The funny thing is that commentator, 'Ciaphas', is on their side. Hilarious when you think about all the shit they throw our way.

decius

Post by decius »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Speaking from personal experience, I'm seeing that newer accounts are more likely to get suspended. I've been on Twitter for something like 5-6 years and I've never been suspended. And I say shit *way worse* than most new accounts :D

I pre-empted them. I sent an email to support from day two, informing them that I would engage in a merciless satirical campaign against notorious authoritarians known to abuse the abuse system, but I had no intention to infringe the law or the rules of the house. They didn't bother to reply, but I posted some vile caricatures of Offalia from start and nothing happened.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Yeah, I'm being a nitpicky bitch today. I wonder if Ophelia Benson truly meant to make this comparison:
I wonder what “unduly” means there. I also wonder what on earth the NAACP and the Hispanic Federation are thinking. They want sugar drinks to be extra-special cheap so that blacks and Hispanics can have higher than average rates of Type 2 diabetes? Do they also wish lead-based paint were still legal and readily available? Do they long for the old days when toddlers could munch on paint chips full of lead?
So... blacks and Hispanics are being compared to toddlers now?

http://www.freezepage.com/1358968591TIADUREOWF

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote: The funny thing is that commentator, 'Ciaphas', is on their side. Hilarious when you think about all the shit they throw our way.
I know, I know - I mean, this really isn't the best example you can use to show the quality of your commentariat. Steph says in the post that the comment was keeping her 'functioning' right now. Really? Personally, I'd be right creeped out by it.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tigzy wrote:

Pure Planted Propaganda
probably from the same computer
If this guy is out there then he must be very VERY young, and is almost certainly still dangerous...what if he had already had a drink, with the shitty impulse control he seems to have had until Zvan's blog gave him his Damascene moment, sound like a proper rapey creep.
All too reminiscent of "I'm a paedo but..."
But I'm not buying any of it

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Pitchguest wrote:[spoiler]
Richard Dworkins wrote:Just catching up.

On Cunt (not the poster). Does no one else here think the demand that everyone not use that word because some people are offended by it because it is "oppressive" is the kind of arrogant American cultural imperialism that the same SJW's frown upon while they are staining the latest Chomsky book with tears?

Does anyone else think that two could play that game and that we could demand that "privilege" is used in it's original correct and legal sense of "private law." which is in Western Democracies illegal under equality laws and discrimination acts. Thus when they parrot their Chinese box style responses about "check your privilege" people could easily respond "I have no privilege, it's against the law."

Obviously I know there are many contexts to both privilege and cunt.
Speaking of which, avicenna wrote this in response to me on his blog about the Pit,
No it’s a forum in the vein of /b on 4Chan. Except /b occasionally threw up works of sheer genius (Such as the birth of Anonymous) while so far it’s just harassment and calling each other cunts. Now I understand the cultural differences also affect the word (it’s more of a term of endearment where I am from and hearing a little old lady refer to her two grand kids as a pair of daft cunts is pretty normal.) but we are on the internet, the sad truth is the majority of Internet denizens are Americans so we non americans have to cater to them in some way or else my comments will be filled with people outraged that I wish to bum a fag off them (asking for a cigarette).
Emphasis on the red part.

Really. They've gone fucking nuts.[/spoiler]
Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh. Sp the majority of the internet is populated by Americans (snigger, chortle) so we can't use words that offend *some* Americans? Get a fucking grip.

Oh, and the Pit is worse than 4Chan /b/ because at least the latter birthed anonymous? Well, right now on 4Chan there is an animated gif of a man putting a glass bottle up his arse until it breaks and then pulling the jagged, bloody chunks out of hemorrhaging rectum in a panic.

Yeah, this place is so bad compared to that.