Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Dilurk

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Dilurk »

decius wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Speaking from personal experience, I'm seeing that newer accounts are more likely to get suspended. I've been on Twitter for something like 5-6 years and I've never been suspended. And I say shit *way worse* than most new accounts :D

I pre-empted them. I sent an email to support from day two, informing them that I would engage in a merciless satirical campaign against notorious authoritarians known to abuse the abuse system, but I had no intention to infringe the law or the rules of the house. They didn't bother to reply, but I posted some vile caricatures of Offalia from start and nothing happened.
I am a complete and utter n00b on twitter as I'm still under the 1 year mark. No, it is not under this name for obvious reasons. Obviously I have made mistakes in trying to follow the attributions of who said what. Some of you have sussed me out anyway on twitter or perhaps I am being followed by some of you anyway. Twitter is completely the wrong place to argue. Twitter makes perfect sense to use it to advertise a blog or make casual comments but that 140 char limitation and the folks that run twitter that are too sensitive to spamming complaints makes it useless for any nuance arguments. I am now just about at the point where I am considering committing twittercide so to speak. I am simply not impressed with the creationist tactics being used on twitter by atheists and the hate going both ways.

Oh yes, I did manage to get suspended as well, though by creationists. "aggressive following" I was simply replying to someone's comment and I contested the suspension. This also leaves a very bad taste in my mouth about the 'service' twitter runs.

After many years of staying away from other social media, I did wonder what the fuss was about twitter. I wonder if perhaps twitter is now on the decline and the cool people have gone elsewhere. Or perhaps twitter is being arrogant about their product? I'm rather curious why they feel it necessary to give n00bs like me a hard time.

It has been an interesting experiment on twitter though. Instead of actually engaging me, the n00b, and showing me another viewpoint that might have had me reconsidering my viewpoint; I see hateful comments, I see blocking so I cannot easily see the alternative viewpoints. Google+ has proven far more interesting to me. I might just stop engaging at all on twitter and linking to g+ instead. We'll see.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

somedumbguy wrote:posted this at skepchick in the optimism/ragging thread, but it didn't seem to post.
some stupid twaddle.
Fuck me blind, that is the stupidest shit I've seen all month, and my fucking job is to root out stupid shit.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Mykeru wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:You're just bitter someone else is getting the attention.
Well, right now, they're not. See how that works, noob?
I'll derp about 'til I get it right.
More a joke than snark.
oldfag

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Angry_Drunk wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:posted this at skepchick in the optimism/ragging thread, but it didn't seem to post.
some stupid twaddle.
Fuck me blind, that is the stupidest shit I've seen all month, and my fucking job is to root out stupid shit.
Well, as I've written here before, Feminism means everything and Feminism means nothing. For any feminist issue X, it is trivial to find feminists that believe X and feminists that believe ~X. (And chances are they are all wrong.)

It's typical of feminist arguments.

Rebecca Watson, feminist, writes some shit. Rosewarne, with her Ph.D writes opposing shit, with references, so Rosewarne must be right, "even if" her arguments are weak and stretched. But she does have references (sadly unavailable through google books.)

In the meantime common sense goes down the tubes once more.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

somedumbguy wrote:It certainly seems reasonable to associate "ragging" with menstruation, though here is a comment that claims it comes from "to rag", to rend, to tear.

http://blogs.standard.net/the-political ... bush-does/

But here are some internet references going back to at 1997 demonstrating that random people on the net think it's associated with menstruation. (Spoiled only because of size of images)

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/Mxgjo7c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h8pd6fq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J37pEaa.jpg[/spoiler]
I am going to admit I was wrong. It isn't used In that way in my part of the world as far as I know. But as I said, usage is the ultimate arbiter of meaning, and that is how it is used in New York or on Facebook or whatever... then that is what it means (as well as tearing strips off of someone).

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Shameless promotion of my latest vid:

[youtube]1zb4ZgECy0U[/youtube]

rayshul unplugged

Post by rayshul unplugged »

decius wrote:
rayshul wrote:[

I've seen a *lot* of Europeans treating Americans like shit, including spitting on them in the street and completely clearing out bars when they enter. .
In which country did you see this?
Mainly Ireland and Holland. Lots of other sentiment against Americans elsewhere but those were the only places I saw physical reactions/intimidation.

decius

Post by decius »

Dilurk wrote:
I am a complete and utter n00b on twitter as I'm still under the 1 year mark. No, it is not under this name for obvious reasons. Obviously I have made mistakes in trying to follow the attributions of who said what. Some of you have sussed me out anyway on twitter or perhaps I am being followed by some of you anyway. Twitter is completely the wrong place to argue. Twitter makes perfect sense to use it to advertise a blog or make casual comments but that 140 char limitation and the folks that run twitter that are too sensitive to spamming complaints makes it useless for any nuance arguments. I am now just about at the point where I am considering committing twittercide so to speak. I am simply not impressed with the creationist tactics being used on twitter by atheists and the hate going both ways.

Oh yes, I did manage to get suspended as well, though by creationists. "aggressive following" I was simply replying to someone's comment and I contested the suspension. This also leaves a very bad taste in my mouth about the 'service' twitter runs.

After many years of staying away from other social media, I did wonder what the fuss was about twitter. I wonder if perhaps twitter is now on the decline and the cool people have gone elsewhere. Or perhaps twitter is being arrogant about their product? I'm rather curious why they feel it necessary to give n00bs like me a hard time.

It has been an interesting experiment on twitter though. Instead of actually engaging me, the n00b, and showing me another viewpoint that might have had me reconsidering my viewpoint; I see hateful comments, I see blocking so I cannot easily see the alternative viewpoints. Google+ has proven far more interesting to me. I might just stop engaging at all on twitter and linking to g+ instead. We'll see.
I'm also a late-comer I've been on twitter for only several weeks and inactive most of the time. Atheists using creotards techniques haven't yet spoiled my experience, which has been largely positive from a personal POV.
I thought I would hate the character limitation, but I'm now beginning to appreciate epigram as an art form.
So far so good, but I'm planning to keep well away from Facekook and G+. I do use the latter, but exclusively for its videoconferencing features, which are far superior to Skype's.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

VickyCaramel wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:It certainly seems reasonable to associate "ragging" with menstruation, though here is a comment that claims it comes from "to rag", to rend, to tear.

But here are some internet references going back to at 1997 demonstrating that random people on the net think it's associated with menstruation. (Spoiled only because of size of images)

I am going to admit I was wrong. It isn't used In that way in my part of the world as far as I know. But as I said, usage is the ultimate arbiter of meaning, and that is how it is used in New York or on Facebook or whatever... then that is what it means (as well as tearing strips off of someone).
Well, I suspect the original etymology may very well be from "rag - to tear" and not having anything to do with menstruation.

This online slang page is sort of interesting. There are only two meanings for "rag" repeated over and over in slightly different ways:

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meanin ... ion-of/rag

Either a) something about menstruation, or b) something about nagging.

So maybe a & b were in reality meanings associated with rag over time for completely different reasons. But if in 2013, they are the only two meanings for a word, who is to say they are not related, especially in this case, where rag meaning nagging abuse certainly fits with the behavior associated with "being on the rag".

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

decius wrote:
Dilurk wrote:

I'm also a late-comer I've been on twitter for only several weeks and inactive most of the time. Atheists using creotards techniques haven't yet spoiled my experience, which has been largely positive from a personal POV.
I thought I would hate the character limitation, but I'm now beginning to appreciate epigram as an art form.
So far so good, but I'm planning to keep well away from Facekook and G+. I do use the latter, but exclusively for its videoconferencing features, which are far superior to Skype's.
I really can't figure out twitter, both because the 140 chars is filled with @this and #that RT and shit and also because everytime I go there, the UI is different.

And I am shocked by all the many people that I want to believe are intelligent that seem to hover on it all day -- what sort of jobs do they have?

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Steffunny is acting like she gets credit for the concept that a person can't consent to sex if they are drunk enough to not be able to function. Why, then, hasn't she been promoting projects like mystrength.org, a website directed toward teaching males issues surrounding consent in sexual relationships (hetero and gay, btw)? How about promoting a project that teaches women consent, since most aren't even aware of it themselves?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

EdwardGemmer wrote:I don't know if just saying "don't rape" is effective. However, there are many people who think having sex with an incapacitated women is not rape. The law says differently. So education about that would be effective, I think.
I will just leave these here because focusing on just the men seems to be a completely ignorant position to take.

Of course if you belong to the school of thought where the woman is never to blame yadda yadda you might think differently.

Study: Half of Women Prefer Drunk Sex
http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/simp ... 867d5b075f
A recent survey revealed that half of German women prefer to have sex after a drink. Fifty-five percent said they like to be tipsy while having sex, and 7 percent want to be downright wasted. Because making love is just so much fun when the room's spinning.
One in 20 women has NEVER had sex sober as they lack body confidence
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... dence.html
Millions of women drink alcohol before having sex because they lack confidence in their bodies, a study has found.

Almost half of those questioned said they preferred sex while under the influence of alcohol because it helped them to lose their inhibitions and be more adventurous.

Researchers, who surveyed 3,000 women aged between 18 and 50, found the average woman has slept with eight men, but was drunk with at least five of them.

On two of these occasions they couldn't even remember the man's name the next day.
Drunk Woman In Wrong Car:
[youtube]fo2BFol0kOU[/youtube]

decius

Post by decius »

rayshul unplugged wrote:
Mainly Ireland and Holland. Lots of other sentiment against Americans elsewhere but those were the only places I saw physical reactions/intimidation.
I also saw some anti-American hostility in Holland, but it was many years ago and concentrated in coffeeshops (you know what they are for), which are generally run and frequented by Marxists and other fruitcakes. I was hoping this to be a thing of the past, sigh.

Corylus

Post by Corylus »

rayshul wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Corylus wrote:[spoiler]
Aurelian wrote:I've been wondering what an actual definition for the FTB/Skepchick/A+ triumvirate's favourite hobby horse, privilege, would actually be, beyond that of being a white, straight, cisgendered man.
A suggestion from me to start: a person of privilege is someone who, not having the necessary intelligence or work ethic, is able to exercise influence through being born into a certain position (monarchy, aristocracy), through the use of wealth, or both. Examples would include the British royal family, or the Bush and Clinton families in America. Thoughts? Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
I think a little :)

However, it is a stick that has been poked in everyone's face for a while so it is almost impossible to not get the wrong end of it. Privilege generally refers to people being unaware of the lack of possible disadvantages that they encounter (well it used to). It is meant to be conceptualized as a ‘consciousness raising’ concept whereby no blame is attributed to the “privilegee”, but instead the understanding of general disadvantage increased. Such situations are accordingly highlighted with the aim of informing intellectual and societal change. In this model the notion of considering one's own privilege (I utterly refuse to use the word 'check') is just an instruction to consider whether other people have barriers against them that you yourself do not.

For example, I became aware of a lack of barriers for me when I recently accompanied a wheelchair-using friend on a trip involving lots of public transport and a flight. Yes, we could access the services, in that many physical barriers were removed for us, but the emotional barriers were still very much in place. For example, there was the general impression that we were too-much-bother; that is was OK to talk down to us like children; to think it was appropriate to marshal us into roped off areas, and to generally forget about us. It was "no fun" even if vicarious "no fun". Do I now feel guilty for having the full use of my legs? No of course not. Do I have some suggestions for travel companies and their staff? You betcha. Did the whole experience do me good? Why, yes. Yes it did. I was utterly exhausted by the end of it, and I now understand my friend better.

Privilege therefore can be useful tool for exploring issues of disparity and reduced access to employment/services/power etc. These disparities can be the result of historical and cultural artefacts, urban myths, emotionally conditioned reactions, or sheer bloody laziness on the part of service providers. A discussion of 'privilege can be a helpful and enlightening way to talk about reduced access. However, the way that the term is being currently mangled (as you rightly identify as exclusively about white, straight, cisgendered men) is destroying its' utility rather than increasing it. Sigh, to the extent that I actually fear the term is now irrevocably "fooked".

The hijacked notion of privilege that is currently being hawked is actually a great example of ‘essentialist’ thinking (aka ‘you is what you is’). This thinking tends to be rather lazy, and those prone to it seem to like the water of their thought to flow immediately downhill ... rather like those who dislike gay marriage for it is all about “a man and a woman” or those who dislike trans women because they can never understand the pain of those born female.

‘Privilege' itself is actually much more often context-specific as opposed to essentialist. In fact, it must be if we wish to talk about lack of barriers, because different barriers can be raised by different people (I am completely agreeing with Altair here). For example, I am privileged in class terms in that I use standard English pronunciation (with a few additional soft southern inflections). This not an essential part of me though, in that I could change my accent (with training) if I wished, and it is also completely context-specific in that there are areas of the country in which my speech could lead to my encountering problems with others. E.g. Those extreme frozen wastes are are “oop” from North London.

Of course if you fall into essentialist thinking it is very easy to go from noting that experiencing lack of barriers is more common in some parts of the populace ... to assuming that some parts of he populace are the only ones capable of being privilege ... to assuming that those with privilege are obviously part of the mechanisms of discrimination. This is very dangerous in that moral blame gets assigned without justification. It is stupid in that as we get the effortless; oft missed; move from the descriptive to prescriptive. (Oh noes!!) Lastly, and most importantly, it is also a mistaken classification in that when - what is called commonly called “privilege” - becomes essentialist in nature it is actually something better described as ‘discrimination’.

For example, I am discriminated against as a female in terms of my likelihood of access to a certain reserved seats in the upper chamber of British Parliament (the House of Lords) insofar as I am excluded from ever taking up a job as a “Lord Spiritual’. Women cannot be bishops in the Church of England. (OK, I don’t want the job, but that is not the point). This discrimination is enshrined in law, so this is not about privilege. This is not about a context specific barrier - this is about deliberate exclusion. This is thus separate from discussions on privilege.

Of course, discrimination does - and should - annoy us a very great deal, waaay more than privilege does. The above is an example of the law messing with my democratic engagement. This is an outsourcing of my concerns (bishops are very fond of talking about things that actually impact upon me more than them) to people that I have not voted for and who do not represent me. I reserve my true anger for cases like these. I do wish others could do the same.

Now, of course, you can get cases where both privilege and discrimination are present (let’s make it really complicated!). For example, I discovered, to my surprise, that I was more ‘privileged’ as a female than a male when seeking rental accommodation as a student. Landlords (unofficially but consistently) were more likely to take on groups of all females, or mixed gender groups, than they were to take on groups of all males. The rationale was that females were tidier; a civilizing influence, and were overall less likely to trash the house: the actual evidence for this position being distinctly mixed. However, housing discrimination is also explicitly codified against (aka, illegal) – which is why landlords are covert about their choices. So this is both privilege and discrimination.

So where to go from here? The major distinction between ‘privilege’ and ‘discrimination’ is what you do when faced with it. With discrimination you can codify against it and watch for people flouting the law, with privilege you become aware of the process, foster evidence about the intrinsic irrationality of certain positions, and generally make an effort to be equitable in all of your dealings. Sometimes you need to do both - in cases where both privilege and discrimination are present. However, laws and actions seeking to reduce privilege alone are often superfluous at best and ludicrous – or even repressive – at worst. Let's not go there.

Now, back to my example of speech patterns and how this is about privilege alone. There is no reason for me to feel guilty about my speech patterns; seek to change them, or (heaven forfend!) seek to outlaw them. I simply need to be aware that other accents are common and have a care to treat people in response to what they say, rather than the geographical/societal background that their intonation conveys. Privilege and moral condemnation should only go together when people seek to ignore the former in order to avoid the latter.

Of course, it is possible that some moral condemnation is based in an inchoate understanding that a feeling of guilt would actually be appropriate ....
Self-contempt, however vague, sharpens our eyes for the imperfections of others. We usually strive to reveal in others the blemishes we hide in ourselves. Thus when the frustrated congregate in a mass movement, the air is heavy-laden with suspicion. There is prying and spying, tense watching and a sense of being watched. The surprising thing is that this pathological mistrust within the ranks leads not to dissension but to strict conformity. Knowing themselves continually watched, the faithful strive to escape suspicion by adhering zealously to prescribed behavior and opinion.

Eric Hoffer, 1951.
[/spoiler]

Oh dear, I am sorry if I have whittered on a bit! Thank you very much if you have stayed with me so far. However, this really is the only way that I can adequately explain this.

As I say, I fear that the term is now no longer useful.
You are a pleasure to read, as always.
I agree - I like the distinction you've drawn between discrimination (which is generally inarguably bad) and privilege which has been SJW-wanked into oblivion. As a remedy I think(?) you're suggesting a gender/colour/everything-blind approach to dealing with people and to be conscious of doing this (if it's not natural to you) - which sounds fair to me.
Thanks both. Yes, Rayshul that was pretty much what I was saying. It can break down at a certain point (philosophical issues around subjectivity), but having a bash at thinking consciously about of the needs of others as a good thing was exactly what I was arguing for.

Of course, I could just have said 'Be excellent to each other' but I am built just a little verbose ;)

AnotherLurkerMkII

Post by AnotherLurkerMkII »

Tkmlac wrote:Steffunny is acting like she gets credit for the concept that a person can't consent to sex if they are drunk enough to not be able to function. Why, then, hasn't she been promoting projects like mystrength.org, a website directed toward teaching males issues surrounding consent in sexual relationships (hetero and gay, btw)? How about promoting a project that teaches women consent, since most aren't even aware of it themselves?
You say people did know that before Stephie told the world that? Don't be silly, you silly, neurotic, menstruating woman.

(We're still talking about ragging and menstruation and women that have assynchronous menstrual periods and Atheism Plus, right?)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

jimthepleb wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:You're just bitter someone else is getting the attention.
Well, right now, they're not. See how that works, noob?
I'll derp about 'til I get it right.
More a joke than snark.
oldfag

Don't try that 4chan shit around here, newfag.

Now let me tell you about the way it used to be...

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Statistically speaking, one of us wymyns here is probably ragging right this moment. I'd be careful.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

somedumbguy wrote: And I am shocked by all the many people that I want to believe are intelligent that seem to hover on it all day -- what sort of jobs do they have?
I work from home as a freelance web developer, have a laptop, and 2 desktop monitors. I can do quite a lot while working :D

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

All this menstruation talk just reminds me....

[spoiler]http://static.someecards.com/someecards ... 713219.png[/spoiler]

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Speaking of internet slang, I heard some kids using deep IRL the other day. It was kinda creepy.

decius

Post by decius »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
somedumbguy wrote: And I am shocked by all the many people that I want to believe are intelligent that seem to hover on it all day -- what sort of jobs do they have?
I work from home as a freelance web developer, have a laptop, and 2 desktop monitors. I can do quite a lot while working :D
Don't wave our privilege around so much, you'll make somecunts eye green with envy.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

rayshul unplugged wrote:
decius wrote:
rayshul wrote:[

I've seen a *lot* of Europeans treating Americans like shit, including spitting on them in the street and completely clearing out bars when they enter. .
In which country did you see this?
[youtube]foW1jZGqll0[/youtube]

LMU

Post by LMU »

VickyCaramel wrote:

The issue isn't whether or not *we* think "ragging" is sexist and offensive, the issue is whether anyone anywhere thinks it is sexist and offensive, and clearly some people do. If those people are offended by it's use, then it is the obligation of SJWs everywhere to fight against it's use. Their failure to do so is hypocrisy.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

As I said before, the "new" word for taunting/bagging/ragging/etc is "cutting". ex: Fred was cutting on John and a fight broke out.

I suppose everywhere has it's own flavor of slang.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Trophy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I will just leave this one here:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/th ... se-to-see/
Sure, men get raped too. But anyone who thinks the following is a fucking moron:
It is astonishing how much our culture seeks to deny any possibility that a woman may rape with her vagina. But of course, as survivor Typhonblue has so thoroughly documented, not only can they do so, but they do so with near as much frequency as men do with their penises.
Looks like that hit a nerve. Care to elaborate a bit?

decius

Post by decius »

I see also many writers and scientists tweeting live about their books/articles/essays/experiments are progressing. Incidentally, that's how I've recently learned the possessive pronoun "somecunts".

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Apples wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Some cruel bugger has placed a metal ring in that butterfly!
Which reminds me - here's Half-fish on video, all bundled up for the Canadian winter:
[youtube]mpuIyobffxE[/youtube]

Here's Half-fish less bundled up. Which helps explain why blog commenters are almost as confused as Half-fish about s/h/it's sex/gender:
https://haifischgeweint.files.wordpress ... _0720_.jpg
Looks like they kicked Jamie off of the Idle no More FB Page. Idle no More has been co-opted by the Occupy idiots and the First Nations people are not too happy about it. Jamie(Occupy supporter) decided to blog an open letter to two of the founding women of the Idle no More movement, Jamie then used his white supremacist attitudes to tell them that they were doing their 'protests' wrong. Que a pile of people pissed off at the Half-fish. Is there anything an Occupy-er can't fuck up?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tkmlac wrote:Statistically speaking, one of us wymyns here is probably ragging right this moment. I'd be careful.
Don't you all synchronise your moon-bleeds when you visit the Pit? Silly womenz.

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote: Drunk Woman In Wrong Car:
[youtube]fo2BFol0kOU[/youtub]
They must have been Almost Diamond fans.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Notung wrote:P.S. Maybe saying 'don't rape' does in fact help reduce rape. I'm pretty skeptical of that, but if that's the best way, then let's go with it.
Given the way things are in the little town closest to where I live, you would have to have something seriously wrong with you to resort to rape, especially if you are male.

Reported crime as a whole appears to be going down in the province of BC. Not sure why though. Lots of speculation:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Britis ... story.html

(Note the assumption that just because it has not been reported it does not exist. Of course that opens another can of worms)

AnotherLurkerMkII

Post by AnotherLurkerMkII »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Notung wrote:P.S. Maybe saying 'don't rape' does in fact help reduce rape. I'm pretty skeptical of that, but if that's the best way, then let's go with it.
Given the way things are in the little town closest to where I live, you would have to have something seriously wrong with you to resort to rape, especially if you are male.

Reported crime as a whole appears to be going down in the province of BC. Not sure why though. Lots of speculation:

(Note the assumption that just because it has not been reported it does not exist. Of course that opens another can of worms)
How I wish I lived there...

Canada seems awesome, even when you take in account Celine Dion and hockey.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Well, right now on 4Chan there is an animated gif of a man putting a glass bottle up his arse until it breaks and then pulling the jagged, bloody chunks out of hemorrhaging rectum in a panic.

Yeah, this place is so bad compared to that.
Jarsquatter's been around for years -4Chan appear to be late to the party...

acathode

Post by acathode »

Pitchguest wrote:
No it’s a forum in the vein of /b on 4Chan. Except /b occasionally threw up works of sheer genius (Such as the birth of Anonymous) while so far it’s just harassment and calling each other cunts. Now I understand the cultural differences also affect the word (it’s more of a term of endearment where I am from and hearing a little old lady refer to her two grand kids as a pair of daft cunts is pretty normal.) but we are on the internet, the sad truth is the majority of Internet denizens are Americans so we non americans have to cater to them in some way or else my comments will be filled with people outraged that I wish to bum a fag off them (asking for a cigarette).
Emphasis on the red part.

Really. They've gone fucking nuts.
I noticed that part in your exchange with her and facepalmed pretty badly.
First of all, it's simply factually incorrect, US, or even NA, most definitively isn't a majority of the internet population, even if you decide to restrict it to English speakers and ignore China (which just dwarfs everyone else) , just Europe alone have in the ranges of 50-100 million more Internet users than NA (at least when I did a quick count with these statistics). Then add the Asian countries + Australia, and the idea that Americans somehow is in the majority is just mindbogglingly ignorant.
Then when you consider that she herself apparently is living in India, a country that alone have roughly 120 million Internet users, you just have to wonder how out of touch with reality this person is.

Second, even if it was true, or she only meant the actual demographic of the blogs that this drama is spread over, it's still incredibly stupid sentiment. Instead of expecting Americans to be adult people who are educated enough to understand that the use of the English language isn't completely exactly the same over the globe, we all should pamper to them and treat them like infantile children? Erm, no...

If it wasn't for the fact that she in the same reply outright lied about the slymepitters defending Indian misogynistic rape culture, I'd be laughing so hard. But she did lie, so now I'm just pissed at another dishonest FTB blogger.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

On this "don't rape" stuff.

I remember when atheism started getting talked about in the news and such. Even when people were slamming atheists I would smile because I know that everytime someone says the word "atheist" no matter in what context, it puts it out there. I've said this before but I remember when people didn't even know what atheist meant or anything.

So IMV when people say "don't rape" it's like advertising for rape.

And I am not so sure about this but I've heard that there have been studies done (I learned about this stuff in marketing class way back when) about people not feeding the ducks. Put a sign that says, "don't feed the ducks" and the thought is placed in their head and they go on to feed the ducks. The point is that you want to get people to do something...you don't want to implant thoughts into people's head about not doing something.

It's the "don't think of a black cat" Derren Brown thing. Or as I learned it, "speaking in the affirmative".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

AndrewV69 wrote:

This is why Public Safety Minister Vic Toews needs Canada's own Patriot Act - all that unreported crime! (not making a dig at you, but at the Harper governments underhanded tactics in this regard).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

debaser71 wrote:As I said before, the "new" word for taunting/bagging/ragging/etc is "cutting". ex: Fred was cutting on John and a fight broke out.

I suppose everywhere has it's own flavor of slang.
Cutting is used in U circles in the UK with the same connotation as dissing (in the sense of dismissing).

Who can forget Nigel Molesworth's example of a gerund "cutting" a gerundive?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8zy8 ... o1_500.gif

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

codelette

Post by codelette »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, I'm being a nitpicky bitch today. I wonder if Ophelia Benson truly meant to make this comparison:
I wonder what “unduly” means there. I also wonder what on earth the NAACP and the Hispanic Federation are thinking. They want sugar drinks to be extra-special cheap so that blacks and Hispanics can have higher than average rates of Type 2 diabetes? Do they also wish lead-based paint were still legal and readily available? Do they long for the old days when toddlers could munch on paint chips full of lead?
So... blacks and Hispanics are being compared to toddlers now?

http://www.freezepage.com/1358968591TIADUREOWF
I really want to thank the heavens for sending me those FTB white saviors! Aleluya!
They're not only going to show me -skeptically speaking- about jails and drugs; now they are going to protect my pancreas from evil cheap sugars.
Mira, Ofelia, jodia hija de puta. You know what? Since chilhood I was taught that sodas were for special occasions only. If you ever disconnect from the motherfucking Internet, and go visit a Hispanic grocery store...look inside the carts. Look and see how little soda they buy. Also, most Hispanics don't eat lead paint chips. It seems you did eat some. Pendeja.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

rocko2466 wrote:[spoiler]
Jan Steen wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Francesco Bacopa's post just shouts for a dramatic reading, with music from The Godfather as soundtrack.
hahahaha I have already recorded one (before reading your comment). Hint: It has a similar theme but not music from the Godfather.
I can't wait.
[/spoiler]

[youtube]0eQA5t05zkA[/youtube]

I should see my family more and make videos less lol
Finally had time to listen. Bravo. Tony's version was very funny too. I love the dramatic readings; it's a great way to ridicule the self-righteous buffoons.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Well, right now on 4Chan there is an animated gif of a man putting a glass bottle up his arse until it breaks and then pulling the jagged, bloody chunks out of hemorrhaging rectum in a panic.

Yes, well, has anyone seen the "Mr. Hands" Enumclaw horse sex video?

[spoiler]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luohr ... o1_500.jpg[/spoiler]

decius

Post by decius »

codelette wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, I'm being a nitpicky bitch today. I wonder if Ophelia Benson truly meant to make this comparison:
I wonder what “unduly” means there. I also wonder what on earth the NAACP and the Hispanic Federation are thinking. They want sugar drinks to be extra-special cheap so that blacks and Hispanics can have higher than average rates of Type 2 diabetes? Do they also wish lead-based paint were still legal and readily available? Do they long for the old days when toddlers could munch on paint chips full of lead?

I really want to thank the heavens for sending me those FTB white saviors! Aleluya!
They're not only going to show me -skeptically speaking- about jails and drugs; now they are going to protect my pancreas from evil cheap sugars.
Mira, Ofelia, jodia hija de puta. You know what? Since chilhood I was taught that sodas were for special occasions only. If you ever disconnect from the motherfucking Internet, and go visit a Hispanic grocery store...look inside the carts. Look and see how little soda they buy. Also, most Hispanics don't eat lead paint chips. It seems you did eat some. Pendeja.

I loathe the Prune, but this seems a highly uncharitable interpretation of her blog. It is after all the Hispanic association which are taking odd political steps; the bit of lead hyperbole is just that.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jarsquatter beats goatse by a country mile.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Was this guy at any recent atheist conventions? http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10861009

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

No, NYC is taking odd political steps by imposing bullshit "regulations" on soda size.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

codelette wrote:

Didn't they have a dispute about whether "blacks" was racist or not? Who said that? Was it Josh?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Lsuoma wrote:

-4chan is too chaotic
encyclopediadramatica.se/Main_Page is where i go these days.
This link may be of interest:
encyclopediadramatica.se/Rebecca_Watson
I don't know if it's been posted before. The writing style seems very familiar.
Anyone with any wiki experience could help save it though.

Apples

Post by Apples »

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... start=1700

Over in the Intensive Care Unit, A+ still shows a heartbeat on the monitor, but brain activity has definitely ceased.

Quontir wouldn't stop pointing out that Flewellyn clumsily lied to wind's face over and over and, with Ceepolk's help, tried to gaslight her into revealing her "source" -- so Flewellyn just banned Quontir for a week. (Flewellyn calls it "misdirection" and "lying by omission, at the most" - which apparently makes it okay - in fact, extremely deft and upstanding moderator behavior.)

Setar, Cipher, Kassiane, and the rest of the Very Important Victims with speshul status continue to defend their brave moderators. After all, their personal safety was at stake. Which, as anyone with a pulse and continuing brain activity can see, is a ridiculous crock of shit.

Even if there was super sensitive personal information discussed in the Inner Labial Forum, once wind busted them they were busted. If someone had screenshots or whatever, is stonewalling, bullying, and lying about it going to protect that information? Um.... signs point to no. Seems to me when you behave like abusive and entitled commissars, you perchance make it more rather than less likely that some disgruntled sap is going to want to fight back and end your game. Hyperdeath should have immediately retired Ceepolk and Flewellyn and quietly given them a dacha near Chernobyl. I don't hate them because they're assholes -- I hate them because they are stupid.

I'll be shocked if they don't delete/hide all this stuff from the Capricious Mods thread. It's too ugly.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

fucken noobs

decius

Post by decius »

debaser71 wrote:No, NYC is taking odd political steps by imposing bullshit "regulations" on soda size.
Fine, but I still don't see how Ophelia's post can be construed as racist or patronising, as this may be legitimately perceived and intended as an initiative in favour of public health.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: This guy's macho sexist shit gets on my wick a bit. Fuck that. The point at which someone decides to rape is the point at which their head becomes a legitimate target for a smacking. He didn't have to hurt the unborn child, he could have put her lights out without harm to the kid. He gets no brownie points for letting her manipulate him into letting her finish the rape.
*shrug*

Sounds like you have never been in a situation where your response or lack of it surprised you afterwards. I am not going to give you the details other than to note that I was party to a conversation where the third guy said something to the effect of :
I would never do something like that.
At which point two of us said at the same time :
You do not know how you are going to react till it happens to you.
Hopefully, you will never be in a situation like the one we were discussing.

Ever get the shakes so bad you find yourself sitting in muddy water in a ditch clutching your rifle? Welp, I have, and all I was doing at the time was shooting groundhogs, and last time I checked thay can not shoot back.

That said I sleep soundly at night. Like a baby. Others do not. I am not going to judge them. I let others do that.

codelette

Post by codelette »

decius wrote: I loathe the Prune, but this seems a highly uncharitable interpretation of her blog. It is after all the Hispanic association which are taking odd political steps; the bit of lead hyperbole is just that.
It is an "odd" political step if you are already thinking that Hispanic consumers are going to binge on soda solely by soda being cheap. The move by that Hispanic association is to protect Hispanic-owned businesses by keeping prices of their products low. That's the "unduly" part that the association refer to. Rising prices affect business by driving away customers. Ofelia is acting all white-savoirish...and turning this into fucked-up pancreas and lead paint.
No charity for idiots.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Apples wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Some cruel bugger has placed a metal ring in that butterfly!
Which reminds me - here's Half-fish on video, all bundled up for the Canadian winter:
[youtube]mpuIyobffxE[/youtube]

Here's Half-fish less bundled up. Which helps explain why blog commenters are almost as confused as Half-fish about s/h/it's sex/gender:
https://haifischgeweint.files.wordpress ... _0720_.jpg
YES!!!!! I have waited to see a Half-Fish video for so long!
Watching now.

ewww
ewwww
ewwww
ewwwww

that.nose.ring

eww!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jimthepleb wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

-4chan is too chaotic
encyclopediadramatica.se/Main_Page is where i go these days.
This link may be of interest:
encyclopediadramatica.se/Rebecca_Watson
I don't know if it's been posted before. The writing style seems very familiar.
Anyone with any wiki experience could help save it though.
If you are interested in funny Encylcopedia Dramatica articles this one is worth a look.
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Biting_Beaver
Silly feminists.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

jimthepleb wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Go for it Francy. As part of your court-ordered community service you can clean out the garage and mow the lawn. Better make sure the paint isn't too hard to scrub out.
My daughter would kill for a few of those on our drive and we have the space... If I gave him my address you think he'd sort me out?
We could chip in and bring him over to yurp for a while and practise our spitting.
Speaking of the law...

http://cache-images.pronto.com/thumb2.p ... col=FFFFFF

codelette

Post by codelette »

decius wrote:
debaser71 wrote:No, NYC is taking odd political steps by imposing bullshit "regulations" on soda size.
Fine, but I still don't see how Ophelia's post can be construed as racist or patronising, as this may be legitimately perceived and intended as an initiative in favour of public health.
Basically Ofelia is saying that because soda prices are cheap, Hispanics (and blacks) with no self control will go and binge on gigantic soda drinks until they fuck their pancreases. We need the laws cause Hispanics will harm themselves the same way that toddlers ate lead...

It is pretty patronazing:
First, me and I think nobody else in my very Hispanic family ever heard of that association. Second, the way I was raised (and most everyone in my family) is that soda is a treat, not food. Third, my grandmother developed diabetes. She didn't drink soda. Fourth, Ofelia is a stupid ass white savior.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Again, maybe I'm just old school but in my Puerto Rican family, we didn't drink soda. We drank milk. Milk, you see, has many uses. Even after it goes sour you can turn into into candy. (really). Anyway, I am no expert on Hispanic culture or diets, and I can only speak from my personal experiences. OB, otoh, seems to be speaking straight from her ass. I did click on that freezepage link and OB literally quotes more than she writes.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Just keep remembering Apples. This is the new wave and they're here to help. This might not (probably didn't) have had anything to do with Louis flouncing but he was very willing to talk about the ideals behind Atheism+ until I said I just couldn't ignore the forum as a case study for the ideology.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Apples wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... start=1700

Over in the Intensive Care Unit, A+ still shows a heartbeat on the monitor, but brain activity has definitely ceased.

Quontir wouldn't stop pointing out that Flewellyn clumsily lied to wind's face over and over and, with Ceepolk's help, tried to gaslight her into revealing her "source" -- so Flewellyn just banned Quontir for a week. (Flewellyn calls it "misdirection" and "lying by omission, at the most" - which apparently makes it okay - in fact, extremely deft and upstanding moderator behavior.)

Setar, Cipher, Kassiane, and the rest of the Very Important Victims with speshul status continue to defend their brave moderators. After all, their personal safety was at stake. Which, as anyone with a pulse and continuing brain activity can see, is a ridiculous crock of shit.

Even if there was super sensitive personal information discussed in the Inner Labial Forum, once wind busted them they were busted. If someone had screenshots or whatever, is stonewalling, bullying, and lying about it going to protect that information? Um.... signs point to no. Seems to me when you behave like abusive and entitled commissars, you perchance make it more rather than less likely that some disgruntled sap is going to want to fight back and end your game. Hyperdeath should have immediately retired Ceepolk and Flewellyn and quietly given them a dacha near Chernobyl. I don't hate them because they're assholes -- I hate them because they are stupid.

I'll be shocked if they don't delete/hide all this stuff from the Capricious Mods thread. It's too ugly.
I wonder how many people A+ has damaged. The fallout must be heavy and these people are already fucked before they arrive.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Apples wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... start=1700

How long until they lock the thread? And how long until more info on the secret forum is posted for everyone to see, causing "harm" to everyone invited? :lol: