Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
codelette

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by codelette »

PS. And yes, we drank lots of milk. And coffee.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I saw that a bit ago - I'm actually *for* this.

decius

Post by decius »

codelette wrote:
Basically Ofelia is saying that because soda prices are cheap, Hispanics (and blacks) with no self control will go and binge on gigantic soda drinks until they fuck their pancreases. We need the laws cause Hispanics will harm themselves the same way that toddlers ate lead...
Sorry, I still don't see it that way. To me to be fair and factual is more important than to score debate points against my enemies. It makes the warranted criticism way more effective.

The Hispanic association - stepping out of the blue and speaking as such - made it an ethnic issue, not Ophelia. At that point, merely taking notice of established epidemiological facts about obesity within the same ethnic group becomes almost inevitable.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
I'm against it. It's just another tool of the patriarchy for misogynist MRAs to get more women killed, because they hate them. Isn't it obvious that all women are fragile as glass and need to be protected at all costs?

Check your privilege.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Well, I do see it as patronising as Jen proposing to lure more Hispanics into skeptic/atheist conferences by talking about jail and drugs. It really goes to show that for them Hispanics are just a big amorfous blob with characteristics that apply to apply to the whole mass.
Protip: Not all Hispanics have the same interests (or vices), not even within a single nationality.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

codelette wrote:PS. And yes, we drank lots of milk. And coffee.
Did you ever make that sour milk candy? It's like hard (relative to normal cottage cheese) yellow cottage cheese with sugar.

btw, pernil OMG I miss it so. And rice and beans. I still can't make it as good as grandma did.

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

Great news, so long as the physical standards aren't changed. Next step is to address the selective services gender disparity.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Short of a few hundred bucks, I could get donations to fly me to some US con. Need to update my passport so I'm not a terrorist. Some people say it helps...

Altair

Post by Altair »

Tigzy wrote:[spoiler]
Tony Parsehole wrote:Has this already been covered? It reeks of bullshit. Whether Zvans bullshit or ciaphas' bullshit remains to be seen but, bullshit it is.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... anging-on/
TLDR; Steffy Zvan would have us honestly believe that a would-be-rapist decided not to rape a girl because he read Zvan's blog. Pull the fucking other one.
[/spoiler]

This is fucking weird, isn't it? The guy seems to be suggesting that he was of a mind to rape this paralytically drunk girl, but was then suddenly reminded of Steffy's musings on the matter, and decided against it.

It brings to mind those Xtians who say they they need the edicts of the Bible to be moral - except in this case, the poster called 'Ciaphas' (http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-183923) somehow needs to refer to the 'objective morality' of Stephanie for such guidance.

Seriously, people who are not psychopathically deranged do not need Steffy to remind them that when a girl is so shitfaced you need to carry her to bed, she is not capable of giving consent to sex.

Nevertheless, fair do's to Steffy if her writings genuinely did prevent a rape. She's to be applauded on that. That poster, however, clearly has...problems.
I read that post, and it left me with mixed feelings.
On one hand, I think, like you, that if this guy managed to use Zvan's posts and ideas about rape to stop himself from making what appears to be a drunken mistake, that's great. I really really mean it, no sarcasm or anything, she deserves the congratulations.

But, on the other hand, there are many things about that story that bother me.

One, the guy writes "They fool around for a while and the guy asks if she wants to go to bed, she says not yet". Unless she thought he was inviting her to bed to take a nap, saying "not YET" sounds to me like some sort of implicit consent.

The second is that the story plays with the usual double standards. The girl allowed herself to get shit-faced (too lazy to google, I hope that's the right idiom), while the guy who was not as drunk but was drunk nonetheless (he mentions a drunken haze) has to make all the right decisions. And I say she allowed herself to get drunk because even if the guy was pouring her stronger drinks, at some point a woman has to be treated like an adult and you have to assume she knows how to control her alcohol intake. What if the guy was too drunk to recognize that she was too drunk to consent? What if he was too drunk to realize what they were doing?

And it also touches again on the fact that drunk is a continuum. Some drunk girls are fun, if by drunk we mean tipsy, or voluntarilly inebriated, or even wasted but consenting (http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/living/Lo ... e/33804916).
That suggests that being drunk does not render any previous consent invalid, but of course having sex with someone who can't even stand or walk unaided is totally assholish.

This drunk-sex thing is just a fucking mountain of grey areas. The universe, life and everything are just a lot more complicated that what the SJW's like to think.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

[/quote]

I guarantee that if a non-FTBer had written something as overtly threatening as this Ophelia would have grabbed for her cell phone, calling every law enforcement agency from the FBI to the Mayberry PD*. But since it was one of them that said it, at most it gets a 'meh, don't wanna' reaction from Ophie.

*Oh, who am I kidding. She would have just milked it for more blog hits.

decius

Post by decius »

Codelette, if I said that Blacks are by far more religious than other ethnic groups, I would merely be stating the truth without implying that every black person is a gullible christian belonging to an amorphous blob. If we start to take offence at nonsense like that, we'd become more like the Aplussers, not less so.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

codelette wrote:Well, I do see it as patronising as Jen proposing to lure more Hispanics into skeptic/atheist conferences by talking about jail and drugs. It really goes to show that for them Hispanics are just a big amorfous blob with characteristics that apply to apply to the whole mass.
Protip: Not all Hispanics have the same interests (or vices), not even within a single nationality.
not even within a single family.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

decius wrote:Codelette, if I said that Blacks are by far more religious than other ethnic groups, I would merely be stating the truth without implying that every black person is a gullible christian belonging to an amorphous blob. If we start to take offence at nonsense like that, we'd become more like the Aplussers, not less so.
Black people.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

debaser71 wrote:
decius wrote:Codelette, if I said that Blacks are by far more religious than other ethnic groups, I would merely be stating the truth without implying that every black person is a gullible christian belonging to an amorphous blob. If we start to take offence at nonsense like that, we'd become more like the Aplussers, not less so.
Black people.
Persons of abundant pigmentation.

decius

Post by decius »

debaser71 wrote:
Black people.
And I don't play the PC game either. I could have said Whites are less religious and you wouldn't have objected.

Go police your arse, not my thesaurus.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Oh fuck it, just in case he's still case he's lurking. This is what happens.
Quontir wrote:
Cipher wrote:
I'm going to ask that you don't try to appropriate my experiences to bolster your claims.

I have not in any way shape or form appropriated your experiences. However YOUR experiences are not the rest of the world's. They belong to you and are not mine.

That works in reverse too. You don't get to just declare "this is not a safe space" and have it be so; your experience is not the rest of the world's. Your anxiety is not more important than mine, or Cipher's, and you have no right to erase our experiences just because you felt put upon. Especially not when the response you're getting is quite reasonable from the perspective of people who have had to deal with being in a similar state as you (oh hell yes I have).

I say again: walk it back. Being hurt does not make it okay to say hurtful or erasing things. That is retaliation, not resolution.

Altair

Post by Altair »

codelette wrote:
I really want to thank the heavens for sending me those FTB white saviors! Aleluya!
They're not only going to show me -skeptically speaking- about jails and drugs; now they are going to protect my pancreas from evil cheap sugars.
Mira, Ofelia, jodia hija de puta. You know what? Since chilhood I was taught that sodas were for special occasions only. If you ever disconnect from the motherfucking Internet, and go visit a Hispanic grocery store...look inside the carts. Look and see how little soda they buy. Also, most Hispanics don't eat lead paint chips. It seems you did eat some. Pendeja.
From a fellow hispanic, no tomes esto de mala manera, pero te encuentro muy interesante. Quieres tomarte una taza de café en mi habitación? también tengo pintura de plomo si quieres :D

For those of you who lack the spanish privilege, I just invited codelette to drink a cup of coffee because I fucking love her and her posts that mix english with spanish swear words.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Metalogic42 wrote:[spoiler]
debaser71 wrote:
Black people.
[/spoiler]

Persons of abundant pigmentation.
As a child I was very disappointed to learn that "People of Color" did not in fact refer to bright pink, red, blue, and purple people.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

decius wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Black people.
And I don't play the PC game either. I could have said Whites are less religious and you wouldn't have objected.

Sentient beings whom, quite incidentally, just so happen to have less copious amounts of melatonin.

welch

Post by welch »

Git wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Git wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:
That was during the Bush era though.
Might explain quite a lot. It's important to note that Europe has a very large population of Mediterranean immigrants, second, third and now fourth generation, and the majority of this population was very hostile to Gulf War II. It has even been speculated that the main reason for Chirac refusing to enter the conflict alongside the US and other allies was to avoid outrage and riots from these populations
I thought it was mainly to do with Chirac being up Saddam's arsehole (re. the "O-Chirac" reactor, and France's massive oil deals they had signed with Saddam)
Could be that, of course. France is not exactly the most honest (read: fucking corrupt) when it comes to government businesses and bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised at all. But frankly, I'm just happy we didn't go.
I was sad that you didn't.

But then I think that genocidal fascist tyrants are a bad thing, unlike Chirac.
Funny, we don't have a problem with them in general. IN fact, the US seems to rather like them. As long as they know whose ass to kiss.

The list of genocidal fascist tyrants the US has propped up, installed or ignored is a long list indeed. In fact, you know who's on it?

Saddam. Because we helped put him in power, and then gave him aid when he was fighting Iran. Why?

BECAUSE THE US IS FUCKING STUPID THAT WAY.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

decius wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Black people.

White people.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/files ... othes1.jpg

...I think there's something weird with the pic's angle...
Yeah, it gave off a weird vibe angle-wise...

http://cdn.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/ ... uthpro.jpg

codelette

Post by codelette »

debaser71 wrote:
Did you ever make that sour milk candy? It's like hard (relative to normal cottage cheese) yellow cottage cheese with sugar.

btw, pernil OMG I miss it so. And rice and beans. I still can't make it as good as grandma did.
Yeah, I know how to make it. Basically you have to burn the milk at low temperature. It takes forever and a lot of stirring.
If you are in NYC you are better off going to a Dominican grocery store and buying some dulce de leche there.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

debaser71 wrote:
decius wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Black people.

White people.
Honky.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

debaser71 wrote:
Is it anything like brunost?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Angry_Drunk wrote:For the love of Moloch! Am I seriously watching a decent chunk of the 'pit go full Oolon in order to score some cheap points against Rebecca? Don't you derps know? You never go full Oolon.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 13fcad.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread/is-th ... 54413.html

And short hair is in!

Damn the patriarchy!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

another lurker wrote:http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread/is-th ... 54413.html

And short hair is in!

Damn the patriarchy!
Ophelia tries to take credit for it in 3...2...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Metalogic42 wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
I'm against it. It's just another tool of the patriarchy for misogynist MRAs to get more women killed, because they hate them. Isn't it obvious that all women are fragile as glass and need to be protected at all costs?

Check your privilege.
*shrug*

They could have checked with the IDF I suppose. Anyway, I look forward to what happens next with interest. I am fairly confident I would not have a problem shooting a woman (I could be wrong, will not know till it actually happens), though I suspect some might.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... ost2864069
I had one firefight in VN in which females made up a portion of the enemy we faced..which was about two squads. The gals carried weapons and after the fight were found (dead) in firing positions and fully equipped. They were not dressed as regulars (as NVA) but as Viet Cong guerillas just about a month after the Tet offensive as the VC were on their last legs. They fought well. I saw one that I shot personally as she was running away. I put several rounds through her and she ran on for several tens of yards before collapsing.

The odd thing about this was the reaction of my platoon leader who absolutely freaked out that I had shot a woman. He cursed me and swore I would be courtmartialed until we inspected the body and she was found to be carrying an AK-47, with half a mag of ammo and two grenades and several documents indicating she was actually a very high ranking VC officer. I came away from this experience thinking Females in combat do a great job...if well motivated and yet they do screw up the minds of the guys around them...on both sides. If they are ever incorporated as segregated units, I imagine they could do great. But, should absolutely be treated the same as everyone else..and if they get captured by the otherside...no matter what happens to them...OH, Well...."thems the breaks"...and everyone should just accept that if they want gals in combat.
Indeed. I have no problem with it either.

YMMV

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Lsuoma wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Is it anything like brunost?
"I didn't know that brown cheese burns so well," he said.

lol...reminds me of spontaneous human combustion claims

But no, sour milk candy (dulce de leche...thanks for the true name...not that it's hard to figure out lol) does not look like that...maybe it burns like it though

codelette

Post by codelette »

Is there data out there that show that Hispanics (cause blob and shite) are avid consumers of gigantic soda drinks? Do we need to get all nanny-state on minorities to protect them from themselves?

Apples

Atheism+ Lying Totalitarian Mods

Post by Apples »

@cunt - Setar might consider changing his post sig at least until this little dust-up is over.
"The system protects itself with indignation against a challenge to the right of deceit in the service of power, and the very idea of subjecting the ideological system to rational inquiry elicits incomprehension or outrage, though it is often masked in other terms." ~ Noam Chomsky, Necessary Illusions

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

AndrewV69 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: This guy's macho sexist shit gets on my wick a bit. Fuck that. The point at which someone decides to rape is the point at which their head becomes a legitimate target for a smacking. He didn't have to hurt the unborn child, he could have put her lights out without harm to the kid. He gets no brownie points for letting her manipulate him into letting her finish the rape.
*shrug*

Sounds like you have never been in a situation where your response or lack of it surprised you afterwards. I am not going to give you the details other than to note that I was party to a conversation where the third guy said something to the effect of :
I would never do something like that.
At which point two of us said at the same time :
You do not know how you are going to react till it happens to you.
Hopefully, you will never be in a situation like the one we were discussing.

Ever get the shakes so bad you find yourself sitting in muddy water in a ditch clutching your rifle? Welp, I have, and all I was doing at the time was shooting groundhogs, and last time I checked thay can not shoot back.

That said I sleep soundly at night. Like a baby. Others do not. I am not going to judge them. I let others do that.
Andrew. I'm not criticising the guy's actions. It's his macho never hit a lady judgemental attitude that pissed me off. If I've read him right, anyone man who would have hit the rapist in that situation is dishonourable scum. His value system seems a little perverse. He admits to years of trauma caused by the event, and then says that he would regard anyone in his rape scenario who used force to protect themselves as beneath him.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Altair wrote:
codelette wrote:
I really want to thank the heavens for sending me those FTB white saviors! Aleluya!
They're not only going to show me -skeptically speaking- about jails and drugs; now they are going to protect my pancreas from evil cheap sugars.
Mira, Ofelia, jodia hija de puta. You know what? Since chilhood I was taught that sodas were for special occasions only. If you ever disconnect from the motherfucking Internet, and go visit a Hispanic grocery store...look inside the carts. Look and see how little soda they buy. Also, most Hispanics don't eat lead paint chips. It seems you did eat some. Pendeja.
From a fellow hispanic, no tomes esto de mala manera, pero te encuentro muy interesante. Quieres tomarte una taza de café en mi habitación? también tengo pintura de plomo si quieres :D

For those of you who lack the spanish privilege, I just invited codelette to drink a cup of coffee because I fucking love her and her posts that mix english with spanish swear words.
Solo si tambien hay arepas.

Translation: I'm gonna rape you.

decius

Post by decius »

codelette wrote:
Is there data out there that show that Hispanics (cause blob and shite) are avid consumers of gigantic soda drinks? Do we need to get all nanny-state on minorities to protect them from themselves?
There's epidemiological data for higher incidence of obesity and diabetes. The ban, perhaps misguidedly so, sought to address those conditions in the general population. The Hispanic association steps in and makes it about them. Scrutiny into the specific data becomes inevitable.

Notice that Ophelia never said that Hispanics are avid consumers of soda, that's your reading.

pandora

Post by pandora »

I believe military jobs should be equal opportunity no matter the job. However my ex-infantry ex-husband - who believed in women in combat in theory - said that he didn't think there would be a single woman would be able to pass the physical aspects of training for those kinds of front-line jobs. Something about power to weight ratios or something. I don't know if that's true. I would hope that they wouldn't let women through the training where they wouldn't let a man though, if she happened to fail an aspect, just so that it wouldn't look bad that no women were actually up to the task. (sorry for that abortion of a sentence)

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

decius wrote:
codelette wrote:
There's epidemiological data for higher incidence of obesity and diabetes. The ban, perhaps misguidedly so, sought to address those conditions in the general population. The Hispanic association steps in and makes it about them. Scrutiny into the specific data becomes inevitable.

Notice that Ophelia never said that Hispanics are avid consumers of soda, that's your reading.
Hispanic people.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Jan Steen wrote:Hey, Francisco Bacopa, I can supply you with lots of addresses in Southeast Texas. Just look in the telephone directory.
Here's one for you, Bacopa:

<SNIP>
I hear there are some real misogynists living there, plus it's within easy walking distance for you. Just pack up your blue paints and stencils and head on over.

You'll know it's the right place because there are armed guards. Have fun storming the castle, and remember, just about anyone can hire a private investigator to dig up dirt on anyone else. Even chronically underemployed failed philosopher dropouts posing as quasi-anarchist warriors for social justice might well have all sorts of dirt worth digging up.

ETA: Not even in jest, please. Don't involve this board with foreign governments.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove inappropriate address.

AnotherLurkerMkII

Post by AnotherLurkerMkII »

d4m10n wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Hey, Francisco Bacopa, I can supply you with lots of addresses in Southeast Texas. Just look in the telephone directory.

<SNIP>

I hear there are some real misogynists living there, plus it's within easy walking distance for you. Just pack up your blue paints and stencils and head on over.

You'll know it's the right place because there are armed guards. Have fun storming the castle, and remember, just about anyone can hire a private investigator to dig up dirt on anyone else. Even chronically underemployed failed philosopher dropouts posing as quasi-anarchist warriors for social justice might well have all sorts of dirt worth digging up.
Shh... don't you go doxxing people!

ETA: Not even in jest, please. Don't involve this board with foreign governments.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Andrew. I'm not criticising the guy's actions. It's his macho never hit a lady judgemental attitude that pissed me off. If I've read him right, anyone man who would have hit the rapist in that situation is dishonourable scum. His value system seems a little perverse. He admits to years of trauma caused by the event, and then says that he would regard anyone in his rape scenario who used force to protect themselves as beneath him.
A lot of men were (and I imagine still are) conditioned to behave like that. It starts very early, pre-school in fact.

I suspect it may be one of the reasons why some male victims of domestic violence are unable to defend themselves.

Simply because it is a woman attacking.

*shrug*

cunt

Post by cunt »

That your address or his damion? Either way it's fucking stupid to post it here.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

cunt wrote:That your address or his damion? Either way it's fucking stupid to post it here.
Nah, he was more inventive than that.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AnotherLurkerMkII wrote:
[spoiler]
d4m10n wrote:

<SNIP>

[/spoiler]
Shh... don't you go doxxing people!
*cough*

I hate to spoil the joke, but if trots on over to that address he will have found the <BIGGEST TAPEWORM> in Texas.

Last edited by Lsuoma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:
cunt wrote:That your address or his damion? Either way it's fucking stupid to post it here.
But still fucking stupid. Don't you realize what governments like that are involved in?

NO ADDRESSES, PLEASE ESPECIALLY NOT FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS!

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Foreign *people*

Tristan

Re: Atheism+ Lying Totalitarian Mods

Post by Tristan »

Apples wrote:@cunt - Setar might consider changing his post sig at least until this little dust-up is over.
"The system protects itself with indignation against a challenge to the right of deceit in the service of power, and the very idea of subjecting the ideological system to rational inquiry elicits incomprehension or outrage, though it is often masked in other terms." ~ Noam Chomsky, Necessary Illusions
Holy fuck - is that seriously his sig?

Damn. Just... Damn. Irony overdose.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Gumby wrote:
Pakistan Consulate. Well played...

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Pitchguest wrote:
Speaking of which, avicenna wrote this in response to me on his blog about the Pit,
No it’s a forum in the vein of /b on 4Chan. Except /b occasionally threw up works of sheer genius (Such as the birth of Anonymous) while so far it’s just harassment and calling each other cunts. Now I understand the cultural differences also affect the word (it’s more of a term of endearment where I am from and hearing a little old lady refer to her two grand kids as a pair of daft cunts is pretty normal.) but we are on the internet, the sad truth is the majority of Internet denizens are Americans so we non americans have to cater to them in some way or else my comments will be filled with people outraged that I wish to bum a fag off them (asking for a cigarette).
Emphasis on the red part.

Really. They've gone fucking nuts.
It is rather askew. However it does raise what I think and interesting considerations. There is no doubt that the physical world has borders which are more on geography and policy and culture. The internet though has none of those and as such, perhaps what we are seeing and experiencing is little more than a clash of redundant meat-space socio-political cultures which are part of a larger multi-faceted attempt by various groups to control this virtual Pangaea. It is understandable, it is the perfect propaganda tool, as well as being a marvellous content provider where the audience pay to provide their own content. Old worldviews infecting pristine territory.

Now clearly I am for free speech and rational discussion as well as harsh criticism and outright mockery. However if I consider my elders, grandparents for whom "wog" and "nigger" were not words as sharp and unacceptable and I recall the transition between that culture and the one I was raised in, I ask myself, are we exposing ourselves as anachronisms? Completely besides the deplorable behaviour of androphobes and their allies have displayed, is it a matter of little more than manners? Or is it pernicious cultural Imperialism determining what is sin by thought and deed?

At this point I'm not certain, but then I rarely am.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Yeah, right, pakistan lol. Am I missing something, being exceptionally stupid today or what?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lsuoma wrote:
Gumby wrote:
But still fucking stupid. Don't you realize what governments like that are involved in?

Why? The Peruvian consulate is 150 meters away from my place, and one of my drummers lives (lived) there.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Lsuoma wrote:But still fucking stupid. Don't you realize what governments like that are involved in?

LOL - I love it when Lsuoma has to put his mod hat on. :D It happens so rarely that it's always exciting.

ps - good joke, d4m10n

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Metalogic42 wrote:
decius wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Black people.

Sentient beings whom, quite incidentally, just so happen to have less copious amounts of melatonin.
"Melanin"

("Melatonin" is a hormone produced by the pineal gland)

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Your board, your rules, Lsuoma. Too bad they aren't written down somewhere for reference.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Skep tickle wrote: Sentient beings whom, quite incidentally, just so happen to have less copious amounts of melatonin.
"Melanin"

("Melatonin" is a hormone produced by the pineal gland)[/quote]

That confused the hell out of my boss once, back when I used to work in a pharmacy (you can get melatonin on prescription for insomnia or jet lag).

Apples

Post by Apples »

Melatonin *people*

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Skep tickle wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
decius wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Black people.

"Melanin"

I can't believe I did that...I take melatonin ffs, I should know the difference >.<

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: "Melanin"

I can't believe I did that...I take melatonin ffs, I should know the difference >.<
You got vitiligo or something?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:It's basically saying Steffy's commentariat, the people directly opposed to the Slymepit, are mindless rapists unless her writings guide them to morality.
This is *EXACTLY* what Jews, Christians & Muslims say to their flocks:
Without our Holy Texts specifying what you may not do, you would all be murdering incestual rapists!

Svan's Hadiths are sacred & magical.
She has proof, in the form of an anonymous testimonial, and we all know who uses them as "proof"? Yes: Con-Artists!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

decius wrote:
codelette wrote:

FWIW, "non-white" people are at higher risk for Type 2 diabetes than whites. I believe that's the case the world 'round, not just in NYC or USA. (There might be specific "non-white" groups for which that's not true, but if so I haven't heard that info.) I would think it's patronizing to restrict sales of a legal food product if it were done by racial makeup of neighborhood, but this ban applies to all of NYC, doesn't it? Of course, if they're going to do this then why not ban candy, ice cream, cigarettes, alcohol, bacon...where does the nannying end?

Anyway, here's more info on sugared soda intake. Table from 2005 epidemologic study of soda consumption in NYC: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... able/Tab1/

(Comes from this 2008 paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2329746/)

Here's some of the data from that table (% is % of that group who reported drinking 1 or more sugared sodas/day):

27.5% of the 1.6 million people surveyed drank at least 1 sugared soda/dy.

"White" 18%
"Black (US born)" 42.5%
5 Hispanic categories ranging from 27.6% for 49%.

Men 32.8%
Women 22%

Educational attainment
Less then [sic] high school 35.8%
High school graduate 32.8%
Some college/tech school 27.5%
College graduate 19.3%

Income-to-poverty ratio
<200% poverty level 33.4%
200–599% poverty level 26.6%
600%+ poverty level 17.8%