The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Old subthreads
CommanderTuvok

Re: The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Greta and EllenBeth's complete and total idiocy had to screencapped. These shitstains and their followers are a complete disgrace to skepticism and rational thought. EllenBeth is such a crybaby. I mean, they are like children with their banning, unfriending, and "I'm not your friend anymore" nonsense. The fucking cunts.

Laugh at your heart's contents.

http://i.imgur.com/4ETyP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jsdE6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/p7qbz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4Uir7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JaCyO.jpg

I've linked to the screencaps because they won't show on here, for some reason.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

masakari2012 wrote:Maximus, no need for that. We just have to bring more minorities to the Pit. Let's start giving free handouts, free Slyme Pit stickers and ERV badges via mail, for every registration. Perhaps take my avatar pic, and turn it into ceramic jewelry. Then, we'll limit all of the white posters in this group so they can't post as much, and we'll have the minorities say as much as they'd like. That should do it! :P
Would you mind that I actually did that and made your avatar into a PSEUDO-ceramic jewellery necklace? It's Authentic Fake Jewellery (which cancels itself out and therefore makes it real jewellery). If you don't want me to use your av for it though, let me know and I'll remove those and that still leaves the other set that says "Authentic Fake Jewellery"

Btw, Zazzle makes me take a minimum of 10% profit on everything. If ever my profits go higher than $50, they will give it to me. However, my profits are at the huge lifetime total of $7.62, which I'll never see unless it hits $50 in profit some day. Anyways, I'm not expecting that to happen, but if it does, I'll pump it back into the Slymepit donation thingy, since I am spamming them here.

It's not the prettiest of colour selections, and there are far too many blues on the store page that shows them all, but here they are...Authentic Fake Jewellery!

http://www.scentednectar.com/slimepit/00010-1.png

http://www.scentednectar.com/slimepit/00010-2.png

Excuse all the naming inconsistencies in the store. Zazzle fucks them up beyond what I can control in the settings. I have no idea why or how they fuck them up, but they do.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Gumby wrote:
Mykeru wrote: That reminds me, did the ninja throwing stars with [fill in paranoid freethought blogger victim attention whore]'s name on it come in yet?
No. I ended up getting a nice watch instead, and I have to pay off the balance on the Pit's Amazon account before I can order them. Sorry, but it's a nice watch.
http://images.shopcasio.com/imagesEdp/p167373b.jpg

You use a watch to tell the time? Wrong tool man!

I face north and on my left hand lay my fist with my thumb sticking up and tell the time from the shadow it casts. At night I don't care what time it is :rimshot:

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:
Yeah, well look at the kind of scumbags Aratina hangs with:

[spoiler]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8222/8376 ... 49ae_c.jpg[/spoiler]
"ool0n,
don't be naive they make socks on a whim, & sacha is complicit in that"
interesing. she's such a bit player, I could not remember which one she is, just her name was familiar. I had to go look...

I was on Google for 45 minutes still trying to figure out who she is. I found out she is actually a he, and I have quoted him in comments here. Still no idea how he fits in.

I had not read anything on FfTB in a long time, except recently when the links were posted here via freezepage, so I thought perhaps he was a blogger there. nope.

nothing on Phawrongula.

I found some fun tweets on his Twitter account, though.

I love how they are still hanging on to Hitch by a thread:
anti-feminist 1.png
(50.79 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
anti-feminist 2.png
(32.65 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
that alone made it worthwhile.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Arrggggh! That was out of context. I saw that interview! Arrrgh.

Don't worry. I love you, Hitch.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

TheMan wrote: You use a watch to tell the time? Wrong tool man!

I face north and on my left hand lay my fist with my thumb sticking up and tell the time from the shadow it casts. At night I don't care what time it is :rimshot:
That would be cheaper, but I prefer the watch cuz it's cooler :) . Actually, I did just get that one. I have somewhat of a G-Shock fetish.

astrokid.nj

Post by astrokid.nj »

Karmakin wrote: As a long-time reader (well now ex-reader..I stopped reading with the move of Pandagon to Raw Story..hate that site) of Pandagon, I'd argue the Marcotte you're reading now is of an entirely different mindset of the Marcotte of 5-10 years ago. (I go WAY back in the blogosphere). The old AM was supportive of the notion that the problem was oppressive gender roles that were often unconscious, placed upon people by both genders. Yes, the term "patriarchy" was used, but the whole point was that it was simply the existence of these gender roles that are placed upon both men and women BY men and women.
Needless to say that's been abandoned over the last couple of years increasingly so, as that's been rejected in favor of an ideology where it's always men oppressing women.
This is the same bollocks you peddled over at skepticink a while ago.. which I countered with evidence from the writings of the so-called first wave feminist Cady Stanton and from second wavers. My comment in full reproduced below.
[spoiler]Dont be sorry for the long posts. Your insight is compelling and in good faith. I will at the outset state that I am anti-feminist and MRA, and state my disagreements.
I consider myself a feminist, and have been a part of feminist communities online for a while. Part of the reason I do consider myself that, is that to be honest, the oppressor/oppressed dynamic was considered to be a bit of a strawman position, more or less, and what was embraced was an anti-strict gender role view of combating inequality (which I agree with). However, unfortunately over the last year or so, for whatever reason, there's been an embracing of the O/O worldview.
I also agree that the gender-binary was what needed combating.Warren Farrell contends that a gender-transition movement was needed.. for both men and women.
As an MRA, our contention is that feminism only worried about the female part, never analyzed how gender binary hurt men, and left men in the lurch. And even worse, blamed men for everything, and incrementally punished them in law. MRAs contend that the O/O dynamic was there right from the beginning.. look at the Declaration of Sentiments from Seneca Falls. Its Oppresive Patriarchy Lite.
The history of mankind is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations on the part of man toward woman, having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyrranny over her. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
Look at second wave feminism.. maybe for a short period it had egalitarian concerns, but was very soon taken over by Radfems, and the Redstockings Manifesto is O/O Oppresive Patriarchy .. indistinguishable from what you see nowadays.
III We identify the agents of our oppression as men. Male supremacy is the oldest, most basic form of domination. All other forms of exploitation and oppression (racism, capitalism, imperialism, etc.) are extensions of male supremacy: men dominate women, a few men dominate the rest. All power structures throughout history have been male-dominated and male-oriented. Men have controlled all political, economic and cultural institutions and backed up this control with physical force. They have used their power to keep women in an inferior position. All menreceive economic, sexual, and psychological benefits from male supremacy. All men have oppressed women.
And when some men figured it out and started speaking out, they were brushed aside. by people like Gloria Steinem no less.
The Lace Curtain
Hearing women’s internal stories – without hearing men’s – made the world seem unfair to women. Ironically, because we didn’t know men’s stories were being left out, the more we heard from women the more we thought we’d been neglecting women. Soon it became politically incorrect to interrupt her flow. So women’s stories became women’s studies, not to be interrupted by men’s studies.
Graduates of women’s studies courses soon controlled gender related decisions in almost all large bureaucracies. When an issue about sexual harassment or date rape came up on a college campus, the feminists flooded the committees concerning these decisions, created the agenda, and decided who would be hired as consultants and speakers.
The problem? Women with backgrounds in women’s studies were not only uneducated about men, but often saw men as the problem and women as the solution. They had demonized men. If someone spoke up against them, they weren’t just outnumbered, they were labeled sexist. And what we will see in this chapter is how that labeling led to the end of careers in the ‘80s and ‘90s as quickly as being labeled communist ended careers in the 1950s.
The power of feminists to allow only a feminist perspective to be aired (in every field that dealt with gender issues) came to be labeled the "Lace Curtain."
In other words, what the Atheist community is seeing now is nothing new. Its just that the internet has made it all very apparent to the discerning skeptics as well.
Maria M (bluharmony) recently posted a link to "myth created by feminists".
That blogpost effectively said that there was no male-on-female historical oppression of women, biology and untamed nature was the deciding factor as to how our cultures did division of labor, and we needed modern medicine to free women from reproduction constraints as well as massive expansion of tertiary sector of economy (i.e desk jobs) to get to where we are. Now the question is.. how long will society live in "myth of historical oppression", how long will men suffer from guilt and go on paying "reparations" to women?[/spoiler]
This is not restricted to just online feminists or FTB.. else that cracked article someone posted here wouldnt be talking about "myth of historical oppression of women(only)". I am pretty sure even anti-FTB "freethinkers" believe in it. for e.g Justin Vacula's friend Karla Porter from NEPA had a post where she bitches about how men have ruined it for women w.r.t gender double standards.. and after I argued with her, she grudgingly accepted that yeah.. women had an equal role. This is what she started with.
What holds women back today is no different than at the time when Moses was talking to the burning bush - a double standard that our culture and society will not recognize is unjust and move to finally and definitively rectify. Young women are subjected to messages and manipulation manufactured by men and even other women who have not come to realize their own mental and emotional subjugation. The result is the propagation of pervasive biased negative attitudes that cause direct harm to over half of our population, and indirectly to the population as a whole.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Karmakin wrote: Actually, the same thing came up in the FTB community soon after they opened, with a conflict between the SJW's of the Slactiverse community and FTB, and generally speaking most of FTB rejected their ideology pretty much entirely at the time.

No, I'll stand by my statement that I really do think that this is a fairly recent ideological shift among 3rd wave feminist opinion leaders.
What do you think caused the supposed shift?
Couple of theories.

First, I should say that I think that what we call Gender Feminism (I prefer Neofeminism) is actually an inherently deeply sexist ideology. It's funny, because they claim to reject the notion about biological imperatives, but they act like they control each and every one of us. The whole privilege/power/oppression ideology falls apart without it. Anyway. I do think that early on the MRM movement presented itself as almost a mirror image of what they perceived feminism as having success with. This resulted in some feminists adopting a VERY defensive position.

Second, as I and others have said, I think that divisiveness actually is better for creating very tight communities that non-divisiveness, and if that's something they want to do (which it seems like it is), then it's the way to go.

Third, I actually think that skeptics/atheists are particularly vulnerable to this ideology. There's a lot of sexist/racist/etc. language that comes from religion, and as such we probably hear it more than most. So we think that because religion is privilege seeking, then other people must be as well, when in reality this is actually pretty rare.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that the primary point to what religious groups are doing when they're acting in this sort of negative fashion, is that they don't really give a fuck about gay marriage or abortion or whatever. It's all about proving that they can throw their weight around. So because religion acts in that fashion while acting in a sexist fashion, people think that when other people are acting in what they perceive to be a sexist manner, that they're actively throwing weight around when that's rarely the case.

sacha

Post by sacha »

I saw that years and years ago. It's too good. Emma Watson has to be photoshopped.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

l
Scented Nectar wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Maximus, no need for that. We just have to bring more minorities to the Pit. Let's start giving free handouts, free Slyme Pit stickers and ERV badges via mail, for every registration. Perhaps take my avatar pic, and turn it into ceramic jewelry. Then, we'll limit all of the white posters in this group so they can't post as much, and we'll have the minorities say as much as they'd like. That should do it! :P
Would you mind that I actually did that and made your avatar into a PSEUDO-ceramic jewellery necklace? It's Authentic Fake Jewellery (which cancels itself out and therefore makes it real jewellery). If you don't want me to use your av for it though, let me know and I'll remove those and that still leaves the other set that says "Authentic Fake Jewellery"
[spoiler]
Scented Nectar wrote:Btw, Zazzle makes me take a minimum of 10% profit on everything. If ever my profits go higher than $50, they will give it to me. However, my profits are at the huge lifetime total of $7.62, which I'll never see unless it hits $50 in profit some day. Anyways, I'm not expecting that to happen, but if it does, I'll pump it back into the Slymepit donation thingy, since I am spamming them here.

It's not the prettiest of colour selections, and there are far too many blues on the store page that shows them all, but here they are...Authentic Fake Jewellery!

Excuse all the naming inconsistencies in the store. Zazzle fucks them up beyond what I can control in the settings. I have no idea why or how they fuck them up, but they do.
[/spoiler]
"Authentic Fake Jewellery" - awesome!

Re "Jewellery" as an alternate spelling - I don't think I'd ever seen it spelled that way, so looked it up & have now learned something, thanks. Always a plus! (That is, always "a positive thing" - not "A+" *shudder*)

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Gumby wrote: That would be cheaper, but I prefer the watch cuz it's cooler :) . Actually, I did just get that one. I have somewhat of a G-Shock fetish.

Meh. That and two dollars won't even get you a hotel room.

http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/origin ... llars-.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

ERV wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Noelplum99's deleted comment on Adam Lee's blog.

Who is this Adam Lee? I had never heard of him. Some internet journalist turned atheist activist? Why is his name suddenly all over the place?
And once again, Im pretty sure hes dating Watson. I might be wrong, but my brain is reminding me of this.
apparently she lives with Adam Isaak of CFI

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

welch wrote:Reading more of zinnia's comments on why she did this...attention whoring is now what I think...
Zinnia? Attention whoring? Surely you jest!
Quelle surprise!
Clutch the pearls!
No, it cannot be. I refuse to believe it! :o

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

sacha wrote:
I saw that years and years ago. It's too good. Emma Watson has to be photoshopped.
http://bit.ly/UJLibr

LMU

Post by LMU »

Skep tickle wrote:PZ in "Did you have to remind me?" post on his blog today says (in part; bolding added by me):
PZ wrote:Yep, classes start for me tomorrow at 8am. ... I also get to teach my fave class, developmental biology. ... I’ll also be compelling my students to set up blogs and write about science publicly, so I’ll occasionally be linking to a lot of student work.
This seems unwise. Imagine the comment threads on his college students' blogs once the likes of Caine, Josh Spokesgay, etc follow PZ's links, at some point get triggered, & start unloading both barrels.

Also, potential financial conflict of interest, given that he gets paid for traffic at FtB. Presumably his students' work will be hosted at another site, but seems iffy if there were trackbacks or any other route by which his directing traffic from Pharyngula to the students' site might result in increased traffic back to Pharyngula.
Imagine if slymepitters try commenting on these student blogs. What happens if the student doesn't delete the unpersons fast enough?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Skep tickle wrote: Re "Jewellery" as an alternate spelling - I don't think I'd ever seen it spelled that way, so looked it up & have now learned something, thanks. Always a plus! (That is, always "a positive thing" - not "A+" *shudder*)
Also: "Jew" and "Jewel".

Yeah?

Know what I'm saying?

Jews? Kikes? Yiddish child-stealing controllers of the world's money?

Yeah, you know what's going down here.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

mikelf wrote:
Meh. That and two dollars won't even get you a hotel room.

Hahaha. I had forgotten about that.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 80x362.jpg

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/ ... -20120910/

Also did the google search, they certainly have similar nose and lips...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sacha wrote:
ERV wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Noelplum99's deleted comment on Adam Lee's blog.

Who is this Adam Lee? I had never heard of him. Some internet journalist turned atheist activist? Why is his name suddenly all over the place?
And once again, Im pretty sure hes dating Watson. I might be wrong, but my brain is reminding me of this.
apparently she lives with Adam Isaak of CFI
The level of inbreeding between the FTB/SCK/CFI family is going to produce some interesting 'tarded kids.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Rystefn wrote:
sacha wrote:
I want to see someone use his White Cock of Authority penis for this instead of a screwdriver.
I think that would violate YouTube's terms of service.
Is that the excuse?

4shared.com

Notung

Post by Notung »

windy wrote:It may be a worthwhile petition, but the charges against the two men don't have anything to do with blasphemy or what happened to Alexander Aan - despite the name, moharebeh is used against people who have allegedly taken up arms against the state. If you follow the link I posted earlier, they have lots of earlier updates on this case.

btw, I found the source I was wondering about earlier- it seems that Namazie simply gave the name of the wrong organisation in the post.

Perhaps you'd also like to highlight a couple of ongoing cases from Saudi-Arabia that do have a connection to religious apostasy?
http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news ... 24129.html
Badawi was arrested for allegedly insulting Islam on his website, ''threatening general security'' and ridiculing the religious police in his articles, one of which was published on Saint Valentine's Day, which is banned in Saudi Arabia. Badawi also allegedly refused to remove articles written by others from his website. The charges were changed on December 17 to apostasy, which is a capital crime in Saudi Arabia.
Another Saudi dissident intellectual, Turki al-Hamad, has been incarcerated since December 24 on charges of insulting the Prophet Mohammed because of a tweet in which he suggested Islam might need reform.
Ah ok. Actually I did write that it's a murder case - the main point is that they are supposed to have signed a confession after being beaten and threatened with rape. I just added Aan in there because there are 200 names needed and it might encourage a few extra to sign, since Aan's one failed. It wasn't to claim they were the same, or even similar.

But thanks for the other cases - I'll add those into my post.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

http://www.emilyhasbooks.com/so-you-val ... -prove-it/

With special guest appearance by the shit flinging baboon Julian in the comments.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

astrokid.nj wrote:
Karmakin wrote: In other words, what the Atheist community is seeing now is nothing new. Its just that the internet has made it all very apparent to the discerning skeptics as well.
Maria M (bluharmony) recently posted a link to "myth created by feminists".
That blogpost effectively said that there was no male-on-female historical oppression of women, biology and untamed nature was the deciding factor as to how our cultures did division of labor, and we needed modern medicine to free women from reproduction constraints as well as massive expansion of tertiary sector of economy (i.e desk jobs) to get to where we are. Now the question is.. how long will society live in "myth of historical oppression", how long will men suffer from guilt and go on paying "reparations" to women?[/spoiler]
This is not restricted to just online feminists or FTB.. else that cracked article someone posted here wouldnt be talking about "myth of historical oppression of women(only)". I am pretty sure even anti-FTB "freethinkers" believe in it. for e.g Justin Vacula's friend Karla Porter from NEPA had a post where she bitches about how men have ruined it for women w.r.t gender double standards.. and after I argued with her, she grudgingly accepted that yeah.. women had an equal role. This is what she started with.
What holds women back today is no different than at the time when Moses was talking to the burning bush - a double standard that our culture and society will not recognize is unjust and move to finally and definitively rectify. Young women are subjected to messages and manipulation manufactured by men and even other women who have not come to realize their own mental and emotional subjugation. The result is the propagation of pervasive biased negative attitudes that cause direct harm to over half of our population, and indirectly to the population as a whole.
Well, I'm not saying you're wrong. What I'm saying is that I think that at one point there was a real movement away from that sort of bigotry in the feminist community, and at this junction I would say that movement is reversed.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Skep tickle wrote:PZ in "Did you have to remind me?" post on his blog today says (in part; bolding added by me):
PZ wrote:Yep, classes start for me tomorrow at 8am. ... I also get to teach my fave class, developmental biology. ... I’ll also be compelling my students to set up blogs and write about science publicly, so I’ll occasionally be linking to a lot of student work.
This seems unwise. Imagine the comment threads on his college students' blogs once the likes of Caine, Josh Spokesgay, etc follow PZ's links, at some point get triggered, & start unloading both barrels.

Also, potential financial conflict of interest, given that he gets paid for traffic at FtB. Presumably his students' work will be hosted at another site, but seems iffy if there were trackbacks or any other route by which his directing traffic from Pharyngula to the students' site might result in increased traffic back to Pharyngula.
Yeah, I don't know about that, but this is something he's done before.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Skep tickle wrote:The Atheist Advocates of San Francisco meeting at which Greta Christina is speaking is starting right now. I wonder whether any 'pitters might be in attendance...

hmmmm. I wonder

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

LMU wrote:

Imagine if slymepitters try commenting on these student blogs. What happens if the student doesn't delete the unpersons fast enough?
Imagine if one of his students IS, or becomes, a slymepitter. :dance:

Kristine Kochanski

Post by Kristine Kochanski »

jjbinx007 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Orenda at Atheism+ forum asks for trigger warnings on posts about alcohol, since s/h/it has "struggled with alcohol addiction for most of my adult life": http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3605

No mods have yet weighed in, but another member pointed out the thread s/h/it commented on in particular was titled "Beer" so he should have known.
The mod posted a photo of a cat without a TW for people allergic to cats or who might have been attacked by a cat. Also there was no text-based description of the image. Pretty certain if a newbie did something like that they'd be jumped on in seconds by the Collective.
Oooh how I would love to send George R Simpson over to that forum to teach them the ET CornGods language, it would be really amusing. And as a bonus he might sue them for the cat pictures. He loves suing people.

Here is the ET CornGods langauge, if you want a laugh http://ufoetblog.com/?p=7131

And here is the litany of lawsuits he has filed: https://sites.google.com/site/simpsonlitigation/

In one suit he talks about his cat phobia...

I do think that A+ forum people and ET CornGod dude would be such a good match ;)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Mr Danksworth wrote:http://www.emilyhasbooks.com/so-you-val ... -prove-it/

With special guest appearance by the shit flinging baboon Julian in the comments.
That problem he has is no small thing.

[youtube]MbFq3CyXqWc[/youtube]

sacha

Post by sacha »

rocko2466 wrote:Arrggggh! That was out of context. I saw that interview! Arrrgh.

Don't worry. I love you, Hitch.
here it is again:

[youtube]bpA7pfR0FIc[/youtube]

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Keating wrote:
No, he's absolutely not. I don't think he ever has either. He did recently get married though. His essays on Atheism, when he previously went by the nym "Ebon", are a pretty good examination of the rational reasons to be an atheist.

I used to enjoy his blog before he moved to Big Think, as he did allow wide debate in comments. Some relevant posts (by random clicking) include this one on free speech and this one on thirsting for persecution. Although now that I go back and look, I realise that the posts that I enjoyed most were actually mostly be guest bloggers. Go figure. (For example, this one.)
Damn. I'd read the free speech post before, but did not recall the 'thirsting for persecution' entry. I didn't think it was possible to fit that much irony into two blog posts. It is hard to believe they were written by the same person. The little prig did a complete about face on the free speech one and then took all the lessons from the christian right and turned them on his own people, all for fame and a buck.

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
I love how they are still hanging on to Hitch by a thread:
anti-feminist 1.png
anti-feminist 2.png
that alone made it worthwhile.
they think Hitch would support them:

[youtube]NUkReg_ZHaE[/youtube]
"It's just another sign of her terrible self-pity and self-righteousness"

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Scented Nectar wrote:[spoiler]

Btw, Zazzle makes me take a minimum of 10% profit on everything. If ever my profits go higher than $50, they will give it to me. However, my profits are at the huge lifetime total of $7.62, which I'll never see unless it hits $50 in profit some day. Anyways, I'm not expecting that to happen, but if it does, I'll pump it back into the Slymepit donation thingy, since I am spamming them here.

Excuse all the naming inconsistencies in the store. Zazzle fucks them up beyond what I can control in the settings. I have no idea why or how they fuck them up, but they do.[/spoiler]
When I first fotoflexed it, I did so hoping that others may copy and use it. Thanks for asking first, but you don't need my permission, since I merely took a Ghostbuster's logo, and added the hair on it, and adjusted the eyes, nose and mouth. If you can make money off of it, then go ahead. Just remember, if you get a lot of sales, send me a free copy.

If I were to make this into ceramic jewelry, I would make it so that the whole jewelry would be the logo, rather than have the image drawn onto a ceramic piece. I took ceramics in junior high school, and even back then, I was much better than Surly Amy (LOL). If I had the kiln and molds to make such things, I would.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Skep tickle wrote:
LMU wrote: Imagine if slymepitters try commenting on these student blogs. What happens if the student doesn't delete the unpersons fast enough?
Anyone near Morris? Let's get some posters put up at UMM!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Skep tickle wrote:[spoiler]
LMU wrote:

[/spoiler]
He'd fuck them. Fuck them into the ground.

welch

Post by welch »

You will never know the restraint it takes for me to not just post comments at Julian calling him a spic.

Still waiting for the cowardly little spic to snap my neck.

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:Unless your wife or girlfriend is a nymphomaniac you do not have the right to screw her whenever you wish just because you have a hard on - that thinking belongs in the Dark Ages - and I am not suggesting this has never happened to me, because like most men it has, but if the lady says no, then you have to accept that - end of
*smirk*

The way I see it. If you own a dog, unless you are falling down sick, there is no excuse for not taking it out for a walk every day.

Same thing with a man sacha and sex IMO. Any man who owns a dog man sacha has to understand that part of the deal is taking fucking the dog man sacha regularly.

The dog needs the walk, and it is generally better for the both of you that you do.
*smirk*
walk your dog.png
(29.91 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Laughing_dog.gif
(9.47 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

cunt wrote:I want to see Rystefyn knock a wall down with a stapler. Sledgehammers are pussies!
Sledgehammers are pussies for some things. Pneumatic hammers are the winner in some cases, and in others I let Mr. Sawzall do the talking.

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
sacha wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:Unless your wife or girlfriend is a nymphomaniac you do not have the right to screw her whenever you wish just because you have a hard on - that thinking belongs in the Dark Ages - and I am not suggesting this has never happened to me, because like most men it has, but if the lady says no, then you have to accept that - end of
*smirk*

The way I see it. If you own a dog, unless you are falling down sick, there is no excuse for not taking it out for a walk every day.

Same thing with a man sacha and sex IMO. Any man who owns a dog man sacha has to understand that part of the deal is taking fucking the dog man sacha regularly.

The dog needs the walk, and it is generally better for the both of you that you do.
*smirk*
walk your dog.png
Laughing_dog.gif

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE DONE.

This is what happens when you let honkies near a computer.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Vacula's really let himself go just recently!!!

:D

welch

Post by welch »

It occurred to me, I wish I could have taped the joke contest at the NYE party I was at. When it starts with:

"How do you get a hundred dead whores into your trunk?"

You know the night will be good. The FTB crowd would have had a fucking stroke.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

CommanderTuvok wrote:http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/origin ... llars-.jpg

Vacula's really let himself go just recently!!!

:D
Either that or Ed Brayton's lost a hundred pounds and shaved his beard.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Damn you welch and Tuvok. You made me do the Stewie laugh.
[youtube]q2GZDjQTHGQ[/youtube]

Also, if Andrew looks like Yul Brynner, Ill adopt him.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Dick Strawkins wrote:[spoiler]
Gumby wrote:
This whole episode is an example of Welch's bit about how not to fight NMDs. You don't win by playing their games or posting at their blogs, you win by sitting back, pointing out their hypocrisy, lies, harassment, bullying and vileness, and laughing at them. That's the Pit's strength, and that's why this place has caught the eye of so many (even if they don't admit it).
Exactly.
It was a terrible idea to take them on directly by running a petition. To do that you are validating their stance, yet their official stance is a facade behind which they hide their real agenda - maintaining their monopoly of highly paid speaker positions in the US conference circuit.

Look, the basic problem we pitters face is that the word "feminism", though it has a very broad meaning, is widely interpreted by the general public as what we generally call equity or equality feminism (meaning equal rights for men and women, equal opportunity etc.)
To complain about "feminism" negatively affecting atheism and skepticism and you are off to a bad start. You are forced to go into a long winded explanation of the type of radical feminism you mean, all the while the FTB crowd are saying "but we are not rad fems, we are just ordinary feminists!"
It is really a winning strategy for them. I mean, look at them. Look at the incompetence, the obvious hypocrisy and the blatant bigotry, greed and viciousness.
Why are they still around?
Why is a dork like Watson getting invited all around the world to talk science?
It's because of their strategy to link a very fluid version of feminism to their cause.

Look at how Peezus defines their brand of feminism:

"Feminism: The radical notion that women are people"

It's a quote that pops up in various Feminism101 pieces you'll find scattered around the net and is originally attributed to the British journalist Rebecca West.

This is the idea that PZ Myers and the FTB crowd claim WE are opposing.

That women are people.

You know what ?
I don't oppose the idea that women are people.
What's more, I will take a guess and say that NOBODY that posts here thinks that women are not people.

In fact, going by PZ's description, the Slymepit is a feminist site!

I realize that PZ and his crew don't really think that feminism is simply believing "women are people".
It's clear to all that PZ really believes something more along the lines of:

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people, plus X.
X, itself, is composed of A plus B, plus C, plus D, which vary in definition and importance depending on the question at hand (rape culture, patriarchy, mansplaining, privilege, sex positivity, misogyny etc)

While I agree with Welsh that we should never take them on at their own game, but merely poke fun at their ridiculousness from the sidelines, I think it might be worthwhile to consider the similarities of the FTB side to a religious coalition.
They remind me of the religious right in the US, with Catholics allied with fundamentalist baptists. They have a cause that joins them but there are deep differences that will eventually tear them apart.
Despite the use of radfem language (mansplaining, privilege, rape culture etc) I don't think it is accurate to describe the FTB crowd as radfems.
They are mostly on the sex positive side of feminism, as opposed to the pornography negative side (nobody calls themself sex negative). I would place only Ophelia and Taslima on the pornography/sex worker negative side.
The rest of them use the language and arguments of the porn negative feminists (radfems) whenever it seem necessary, for the simple reason that the radfem philosophy of patriarchy theory is like the flood geology of feminism. It is unfalsifiable - and therefore it seems the perfect tool to use in an argument since, like flood geology, it has easy canned answers to every problem posed, except instead of "God did it!"" you get: "you just don't get it due to privilege!", "you are mansplaining!", "rape culture!", "it's misogyny!")

What would happen if the Slymepit announced it was a feminist* site?

*PZ Myers plagiarized definition. (Feminism is the radical notion that women are people"

I suspect that they would be forced into redefining what they really mean by feminism - and that is bound to lead to problems because most of them don't seem to know what the various schools of feminist thought believe.

As a quick aside, have a look at the radfem101 page - notice all the catchphrazes that have become commonplace in online atheism since Elevatorgate.
http://radicalhub.com/radfem-101/[/spoiler]
Mr. Strawkins, I do believe you have it surrounded.

astrokid.nj

Post by astrokid.nj »

Karmakin wrote: Well, I'm not saying you're wrong. What I'm saying is that I think that at one point there was a real movement away from that sort of bigotry in the feminist community, and at this junction I would say that movement is reversed.
I wonder what period of time you are talking about, or more importantly if it even spread out to the real world feminist organizations like NOW and AAUW. It would help if there are concrete examples.. but only for academic purposes at this stage.
The cancer has run for at least 50 years. What Belford Bax in 1913 said about feminism sounds exactly the way we describe it today.
[spoiler]
This state of affairs continued in England till well into the nineteenth century. Thenceforward a change began to take place. Modern Feminism rose slowly above the horizon. Modern Feminism has two distinct sides to it: (1) an articulate political and economic side embracing demands for so-called rights; and (2) a sentimental side which insists in an accentuation of the privileges and immunities which have grown up, not articulately or as the result of definite demands, but as the consequence of sentimental pleading in particular cases. In this way, however, a public opinion became established, finding expression in a sex favouritism in the law and even still more in its administration, in favour of women as against men.

These two sides of Modern Feminism are not necessarily combined in the same person. One may, for example, find opponents of female suffrage who are strong advocates of sentimental favouritism towards women in matters of law and its administration. On the other hand you may find, though this is more rare, strong advocates of political and other rights for the female sex, who sincerely deprecate the present inequality of the law in favour of women. As a rule, however, the two sides go together, the vast bulk of the advocates of “Women’s Rights” being equally keen on the retention and extension of women’s privileges. Indeed, it would seem as though the main object of the bulk of the advocates of the “Woman’s Movement” was to convert the female sex into the position of a dominant sexe noblesse. The two sides of Feminism have advanced hand in hand for the last two generations, though it was the purely sentimental side that first appeared as a factor in public opinion.
[/spoiler]
And the cancer has spread far and wide beyond the Anglosphere. The first feminist-inspired law (that I know of) in India was passed in 1983. Since India's families are not nuclear.. i.e (old) parents live with their (eldest) son since men have the responsibility of taking care of them in old age.. this feminist law fucked not only with the man, but also his entire family.. sisters/brothers and parents. And women en masse start worrying about male-problems (ONLY) when they start impacting females also, but it hasnt reached critical mass yet. There are the equivalents of vanguards Hoff Sommers .. Madhu Kishwar a feminist from late 70s who denounced it soon.. Feminism in India has no integrity. You can’t trust it, and Erin Pizzey's mini-me Uma Challa.
The demonization of males is well underway in India.. with feminist advocacy research claiming that India men are the worst in the world in terms of sexual violence and blah fucking blah.

Its going to take a lot of work to undo this shit around the world, if at all possible.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

sacha wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:The Atheist Advocates of San Francisco meeting at which Greta Christina is speaking is starting right now. I wonder whether any 'pitters might be in attendance...

hmmmm. I wonder
Remember to wear your racist hat.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Julian Francisco's arse-bleeding butthurt is a pleasure to witness over at Gaudette's article.

The clueless EllenBeth Wachs also humiliates herself again.

Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

Skep tickle wrote:
LMU wrote:

One or two controversial statements on gender on a one or two blogs and he'll name names and places. He wouldn't be able to help himself if he tried.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

And EllenBeth sharing her special insight, for good measure.

I liked this reply to EllenBeth:
Sara wrote: Reply to Sara EllenBeth Wachs • a day ago

I don't see how a YouTube video is harassment. It can be malicious, cruel, insulting—but placing a video online is a passive action.

Nobody is forced to watch it.
Moving beyond the usual suspects weighing in: It's a good blog post, and there are some thoughtful responses. I hadn't heard of that site before, and I only vaguely recall seeing Bridget Gaudette's name; good to know more.

In the blog post, BG urges people to actually get involved, including action with groups already created by people underrepresented in atheism, and putting money into the hands of groups that are taking action in various ways. What a concept, hunh?

She specifically mentions Foundation Beyond Belief. I recently signed up as a sustaining donor to FBB, but I've heard there's some overlap in personnel between them & one other "women's" group in particular, and this whole thing has gotten to the point where that makes me leery about whether they're going to go kooky. But they support a broad range of causes and seem to do so thoughtfully and only after they've done appropriate vetting. (They're currently supporting the group "Men Can Stop Rape", which I don't know much about, but involvement in which I suggested as a practical way for Ophelia's commentors at one of her several threads on the India gang rape/murder case to take some practical action toward the goal at least one stated that "men shouldn't rape". I know you'll be shocked - shocked! - to learn that suggestion was met with more of the same shit-flinging that greeted my other posts in that thread.)

Also, perusing down FBB's list of Board members & Staff shows words like "humanist", "secular", "atheist", "freethought", and "scientist"...but not (as far as I see) "feminist". These days, that's reassuring.

(FBB has a job opening posted for communications coordinator. Nobody mention it to RW, okay?)

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

This is from Rick Perlstein's piece on Aaron Swartz, but it makes me think of the devastation a smart student might do in a PZ course.

http://i.imgur.com/ITSuP.jpg

http://www.thenation.com/blog/172187/aaron-swartz

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

welch wrote:

You will never know the restraint it takes for me to not just post comments at Julian calling him a spic.

Is that Julian "Aspic" Francisco?

:whistle:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

BrianAllenAptJ wrote:OK Everyone, I want to introduce you to a new show on Apartment J. This new show is about cancer and what a person goes through when they get cancer. Brian Allen who doesn't have cancer.. yet, and Andy Guss a 16 year survivor of Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma sit down and talk about everything he went through from the first signs all the way up to now. This is just the first episode in what will be an ongoing show on cancer and hopefully help anyone out there dealing with it get a smile on their face. WARNING: this is NSFW we talk very frankly and very candidly and we curse and make jokes but we are also very honest.

Not trying to advertise but shit this is a good show and we real talk about cancer.

http://talkingcure.apartmentj.com
Hogdkin's survivor here. Looking forward to listening to it when I get a chance.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

rocko2466 wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: SNIP
Look, the basic problem we pitters face is that the word "feminism", though it has a very broad meaning, is widely interpreted by the general public as what we generally call equity or equality feminism (meaning equal rights for men and women, equal opportunity etc.)
To complain about "feminism" negatively affecting atheism and skepticism and you are off to a bad start. You are forced to go into a long winded explanation of the type of radical feminism you mean, all the while the FTB crowd are saying "but we are not rad fems, we are just ordinary feminists!"
SNIP
A lot of people seem to be saying "let's not debate Peezus about it because he'll just lie."

WTF. That's the response to Vacula's A+ challenge all over again.
This is kind of frustrating in a way because it must look hypocritical, but people did try very hard to reason with the FTB crowd immediately post elevatorgate . There was a lot of head shaking and disbelief at how they were behaving. That's how the original Slymepit started, as a thread for people disgusted with what they were being subjected to by the baboons, and with the treatment given to Steff McGraw and others. Pitters' cynicism about PZ Myers is borne of experience. Your complaint would only hold water if Justin Vacula had shown any propensity for arguing in bad faith. Have you seen any indication of that?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
welch wrote:

That's right - if you stuff the unhatched offspring of small, ground-dwelling birds up his arse you get Quails' Eggs in Aspic!

:rimshot:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
welch wrote:

That's right - if you stuff the unhatched offspring of small, ground-dwelling birds up his arse you get Quails' Eggs in Aspic!

:rimshot:
:clap:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

masakari2012 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:[spoiler]

Excuse all the naming inconsistencies in the store. Zazzle fucks them up beyond what I can control in the settings. I have no idea why or how they fuck them up, but they do.[/spoiler]
When I first fotoflexed it, I did so hoping that others may copy and use it. Thanks for asking first, but you don't need my permission, since I merely took a Ghostbuster's logo, and added the hair on it, and adjusted the eyes, nose and mouth. If you can make money off of it, then go ahead. Just remember, if you get a lot of sales, send me a free copy.

If I were to make this into ceramic jewelry, I would make it so that the whole jewelry would be the logo, rather than have the image drawn onto a ceramic piece. I took ceramics in junior high school, and even back then, I was much better than Surly Amy (LOL). If I had the kiln and molds to make such things, I would.
I think the Ghostbusters logo is copyrighted by Columbia Pictures, so there could be legal trouble if items with that image are offered for sale.

Surly Amy can probably give you more details about the whole copyright protection thing.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

In case this petition wasn't shared earlier, here it is....
Skepchick.org, FreeThoughtBlogs: Return to critical thinking and respectful free exchange of ideas
http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/s ... efore_sign

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Skep tickle wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

I think the Ghostbusters logo is copyrighted by Columbia Pictures, so there could be legal trouble if items with that image are offered for sale.

Surly Amy can probably give you more details about the whole copyright protection thing.
Yeah, I considered that a while ago. What I wanted was to find an artist who can draw up a similar image. Or I could use this same image to make one ceramic jewelry for myself, just as long as I'm not selling it to others. But I don't see myself ever getting into the fake ceramic business.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix spoiler spoilage

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

That was a real pleasure to read.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Julian Francisco's arse-bleeding butthurt is a pleasure to witness over at Gaudette's article.

The clueless EllenBeth Wachs also humiliates herself again.
Nice work over there, Commander. The guyis such a tool, like a use a screwdriver to hammer a nail, tool.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Aw fuck, I did it again, and wrongfully used the spoiler option to hide what I quoted. This was my response....

Yeah, I considered that a while ago. What I wanted was to find an artist who can draw up a similar image. Or I could use this same image to make one ceramic jewelry for myself, just as long as I'm not selling it to others. But I don't see myself ever getting into the fake ceramic business.