You is all a bunch of poofs!

jugheadnaut
.
.
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12421

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I seem to remember someone saying it was a certainty that covid escaped from the Wuhan lab. When I politely raised the possibility that it may have originated in the countryside from natural means, which by the way is now the consensus of the virologists that actually have been researching corona virus
Whether the true patient zero for SARS-COV-2 was a lab worker or it was a completely natural zoonotic transmission is still very much an open question. Brett Weinstein, for instance, is fairly confident it originated in a lab, although not conclusively so, and that it shows strong evidence of genetic manipulation. Unfortunately, as with masks and hydroxychloroquine, the issue became deeply politicized and it became progressive dogma that the virus was entirely natural, with the usual suspects in the media and politically sensitive scientists going along. I would agree, however, that the early high confidence in the lab scenario was misplaced. Here's a clip of Weinstein discussing these issues with Joe Rogan:


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12422

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
To the tune of Talking Heads' Psycho Killer:
Psycho Tweeter
Qu'est que ca
Covfefe fe fe fe covfefe fe fe
Psych Tweeter
Run run away
Two days ago-- you asserted that Dr. Stella Immanuel claimed masks are useless.

When I doubted your assertion, you said I "gotchaed" you, and you seemed to back down.

Today you post this video-- with a reporter at 1min22sec asserting that Immanuel "in that video"..."said masks don't work".

Your assertion has not yet become true, so you must not be repeating it often enough.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12423

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: So there was a demonstration against social distancing and other rules around the covid "hoax" by a small group of people. The news service blurred out their faces which I think is unfortunate. It would be nice if their neighbors and other acquaintances would be able to see who these people are.
download/file.php?id=6292
Very nasty:

You want to publicize the dissenters' identities, weaponize their neighbors' tribalism, but suppress the content of their dissent.


One month later, the blurred face in the foreground-- posted this to Twitter:

"My life’s work, 14 years, 5 documentary films, over 270k subscribers, over 35m views, all gone, no warning, no email, nothing!!! Please message @TeamYouTube and help me get my channel,"

He's a Vancouver based journalist and activist of the sort I'd usually call 'paranoid conspiracy',
except reality has recently confirmed his worldview.

For example, he was attacked by Antifa-- and his subsequent gofundme was suspended after Canadian Broadcasting victim-blamed him for being-attacked. He posted a video showing he was the victim, but YouTube removed it.

Pin it on:

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12424

Post by free thoughtpolice »

jugheadnaut wrote: coronaviruses that
free thoughtpolice wrote:
I seem to remember someone saying it was a certainty that covid escaped from the Wuhan lab. When I politely raised the possibility that it may have originated in the countryside from natural means, which by the way is now the consensus of the virologists that actually have been researching corona virus
Whether the true patient zero for SARS-COV-2 was a lab worker or it was a completely natural zoonotic transmission is still very much an open question. Brett Weinstein, for instance, is fairly confident it originated in a lab, although not conclusively so, and that it shows strong evidence of genetic manipulation. Unfortunately, as with masks and hydroxychloroquine, the issue became deeply politicized and it became progressive dogma that the virus was entirely natural, with the usual suspects in the media and politically sensitive scientists going along. I would agree, however, that the early high confidence in the lab scenario was misplaced. Here's a clip of Weinstein discussing these issues with Joe Rogan:

I didn't watch your video yet, but here is a source that has a first hand account of the research in to coronaviruses and has even worked in the lab at Wuhan. It is long, but worth watching through.


free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12425

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
To the tune of Talking Heads' Psycho Killer:
Psycho Tweeter
Qu'est que ca
Covfefe fe fe fe covfefe fe fe
Psych Tweeter
Run run away
Two days ago-- you asserted that Dr. Stella Immanuel claimed masks are useless.

When I doubted your assertion, you said I "gotchaed" you, and you seemed to back down.

Today you post this video-- with a reporter at 1min22sec asserting that Immanuel "in that video"..."said masks don't work".

Your assertion has not yet become true, so you must not be repeating it often enough.
Yes I paraphrased her rather directly quoting her . Saying something doesn't work, or are useless and saying they are unnecessary aren't exactly the same.
So you technically got me but I think the meaning is the same.
I don't place any value in repeating shallow propaganda, you must have me confused with a Trumptard
Lock her up!
No collusion Russia , Russia, Russia,
Build that wall!
A perfect letter.
Who will pay for it? !!!Mexico!!!!
No quid pro quo
Peter Strzok and his LOVER super slut Lisa the hot forbidden romance is giving Trump the vapors. Oh the sinfulness.
and the rest of shallow BS they parrot...

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12426

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: So there was a demonstration against social distancing and other rules around the covid "hoax" by a small group of people. The news service blurred out their faces which I think is unfortunate. It would be nice if their neighbors and other acquaintances would be able to see who these people are.
download/file.php?id=6292
Very nasty:

You want to publicize the dissenters' identities, weaponize their neighbors' tribalism, but suppress the content of their dissent.


One month later, the blurred face in the foreground-- posted this to Twitter:

"My life’s work, 14 years, 5 documentary films, over 270k subscribers, over 35m views, all gone, no warning, no email, nothing!!! Please message @TeamYouTube and help me get my channel,"

He's a Vancouver based journalist and activist of the sort I'd usually call 'paranoid conspiracy',
except reality has recently confirmed his worldview.

For example, he was attacked by Antifa-- and his subsequent gofundme was suspended after Canadian Broadcasting victim-blamed him for being-attacked. He posted a video showing he was the victim, but YouTube removed it.

Pin it on:
These are a bunch of kooks that are threatening the health of normal people. If you get the picture of the asshole/s that are peeing on your door and endangering the health of you, your dog, and your girlfriend you don't want to share their identity so you can try and prevent them from spreading some disease in your proximity?
I suppose you value their right to anonymity above your innocent neighbors right to have some warning about people that are threatening their health?
If they want to parade around with protest signs why should they be given privacy, as their actions show they don't seem to care?
If this happened in Vancouver, I seriously doubt that these dumbasses would be targets of serious harassment.
I don't buy it.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12427

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: So there was a demonstration against social distancing and other rules around the covid "hoax" by a small group of people. The news service blurred out their faces which I think is unfortunate. It would be nice if their neighbors and other acquaintances would be able to see who these people are.
download/file.php?id=6292
Very nasty:

You want to publicize the dissenters' identities, weaponize their neighbors' tribalism, but suppress the content of their dissent.


One month later, the blurred face in the foreground-- posted this to Twitter:

"My life’s work, 14 years, 5 documentary films, over 270k subscribers, over 35m views, all gone, no warning, no email, nothing!!! Please message @TeamYouTube and help me get my channel,"

He's a Vancouver based journalist and activist of the sort I'd usually call 'paranoid conspiracy',
except reality has recently confirmed his worldview.

For example, he was attacked by Antifa-- and his subsequent gofundme was suspended after Canadian Broadcasting victim-blamed him for being-attacked. He posted a video showing he was the victim, but YouTube removed it.

Pin it on:
These are a bunch of kooks that are threatening the health of normal people. If you get the picture of the asshole/s that are peeing on your door and endangering the health of you, your dog, and your girlfriend you don't want to share their identity so you can try and prevent them from spreading some disease in your proximity?
I suppose you value their right to anonymity above your innocent neighbors right to have some warning about people that are threatening their health?
If they want to parade around with protest signs why should they be given privacy, as their actions show they don't seem to care?
If this happened in Vancouver, I seriously doubt that these dumbasses would be targets of serious harassment.
I don't buy it.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12428

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Yes I paraphrased her rather directly quoting her . Saying something doesn't work, or are useless and saying they are unnecessary aren't exactly the same.
So you technically got me but I think the meaning is the same.
She said her staff only wore surgical masks, not N95 respirators.
Her statement eliminated an alternate hypothesis-- that the effectiveness of N95 masks was responsible for none of her staff or 350+ patients dying, while receiving the (hydroxychloroquine + zitrimax + zinc).
You and your fellow baboons in the press-- have mischaracterized what she said.
Her point was-- masks are a redundant prophylactic, when an effective drug prophylactic is being used.
Watch the video again on Facebook or Youtube or Twitter or just kidding you can't.

Interpreting Data is pretty much the whole game, in science. You suck at data interpretation.

You put your monkeyteam dialectic grudges ahead of identifying what's true. What on earth is this shit?...
you must have me confused with a Trumptard
Lock her up!
No collusion Russia , Russia, Russia,
Build that wall!
A perfect letter.
Who will pay for it? !!!Mexico!!!!
No quid pro quo
Peter Strzok and his LOVER super slut Lisa the hot forbidden romance is giving Trump the vapors. Oh the sinfulness.
and the rest of shallow BS they parrot...

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12429

Post by free thoughtpolice »

FFS Dog: Consider your sources and her reliability. Does she have any of those claims documented and does she have a study that can be reviewed by her peers? She probably has the same amount of data backing up her covid cure claims as her claim that vaccines are being developed that make people less likely to be religious, that demons cause gynecological problems, or that Jesus was going do a DNS on Facebook for them giving her the boot.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13078
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12430

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 pm
Oh, and I have had a 30-second conversation with Brenda about Lusitano horses.
I had a rich lady client -- okay I had lots of rich lady clients -- who split her time between East and West coasts, who bought a Lusitano stallion for 60 grand from this snooty Portuguese trainer in New Hampshire named Vitor. That was from his bargain bin. He insisted they all stay uncut or he wouldn't let you ride with him anymore. The lady was all form, no feel, and she had zero control over this horse. Like flying the manned version of the V-1. We went out to visit once -- Vitor's barn was posh, but the stallions spent most of their time in box stalls within sniffing range of mares and were fucking humping the kickboards, humping the grooms, humping the wash rack. Correct them when they try surge past you or worse, mount you, and for chrissakes, turn the poor bastards out once in a while. Instead, the barn was like a fucking pinball table with silver stallion pinballs bouncing off everything and everyone. Fear was omnipresent -- of the stallions, and of Vitor.

Vitor was all decked out in that snazzy Euro trainer kit -- tweed touring cap, tweed vest, britches, boots with Spanish cuffs. Very snooty demeanor. There was a definite pecking order among his clients, depending on how much -- or whether yet -- you'd spent on one of his horses. All the Lusi's names began with the letter corresponding to their birth year. Riding a younger horse was more prestigious than an older one. These old rich bitches would prance up to Vitor like teenagers and ask, 'Who am I riding today, Vitor?' Vitor would pause, rub his chin, then proclaim, 'today, you ride ... Trenghuelo!' Yippee, I get the psycho! But if you hadn't bought a stallion yet, it was, 'today, you ride ...'Douro' Sad Face; the jaded old schoolmaster.

When Vitor found out that my client's 'friends' visiting were really her California trainers, he bombarded the lady with so many corrections so fast she fell off. I have to admit it was impressive albeit wicked.

I've had no problem working with stallions but I said, cut the fucker, milk him first if you like, ship him to California. I'll slap a roper on him and take you on a nice trail ride. We'll cross some creeks and jump some logs. Instead, she convinced her friend, a lady lawyer, to buy one of Vitor's stallions for 80 grand. Gal was absolutely white-knuckle, knee-trembling terrified of her new purchase.

So here's the punch line: turns out Vitor's brother is a decent trainer back in the mother country. Vitor came to America when he was young, made a hunk of dough running a Merry Maids, then 're-imagined' himself as the dago Podhajsky. His brother sends him all the crap horses that wash out and Vitor marks them up about 800%. His clientele is exclusively status-conscious rich bitches middle-aged and up. It's a better scam than Amway. Pure genius.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13078
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12431

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I seem to remember someone saying it was a certainty that covid escaped from the Wuhan lab. When I politely raised the possibility that it may have originated in the countryside from natural means, which by the way is now the consensus of the virologists that actually have been researching corona virus, that some one wrote:
. So get yourself a little red star to wear, cuz you're a member of that Useful Idiot's Brigade.
Since you obviously know how to use this board's search function, you can surely produce the exact quote of "someone saying it was a certainty that covid escaped from the Wuhan lab."

Now do it, you Damian-level twat.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12432

Post by Service Dog »

“free thoughtpolice" wrote: If this happened in Vancouver, I seriously doubt that these dumbasses would be targets of serious harassment.
I don't buy it.
This video shows him being physically harassed by your oh-so-harmless Vancouver leftists…
https://youtu.be/D6JxLrfM2kg

Part 2 shows how the Vancouver police handled the harassment: they jailed him ‘for his own safety’.
https://youtu.be/6IRWAdCB5mY

The leftists took his GoPro. The cops turned off his live-streaming camera.

What was the disturbance-causing offense he committed?~- he complained that there was a double-standard between how his tiny anti-lockdown protest was being treated (by the govt & media & health-experts & busybodies) vs. the massive Black Lives Matter/Antifa protest.


And here’s an attempt to doxx him, on Twitter. (Was that you, thoughtpolice?)

https://twitter.com/DanDicksPFT/status ... 644064256

These are a bunch of kooks that are threatening the health of normal people.


Two or three families— 12 people— standing together outdoors in the sun, in a low-covid area, holding protest signs for passing cars to see = “threatening”.

Maybe they should stay home and express their dissent on Facebook and Twitter and YouTube… oh.
If you get the picture of the asshole/s that are peeing on your door and endangering the health of you, your dog, and your girlfriend you don't want to share their identity so you can try and prevent them from spreading some disease in your proximity?
In my neighborhood, snitching is considered a bigger offense than pissing on a doorstep. With good reason. Think of the stereotypical ‘Karen’, who summons The Manager, or The Cops, or The Moderators, or Your Employer, or An Actual KKK Lynch Mob, or Internet Baboons in White Knight Armor… while absolving herself of responsibility for any excessive mess resulting from her snitching. As an able-bodied man, I’m expected to handle my own business. I’m also expected to know how useless the NYPD would be, if I tried to use them. Trying to fight a virus with cops is even more useless.

This is the 2nd time you've haplessly tried to draw parallels-- between some topic & pissing-on-my-doorstep. To make me seem like hypocrite-- if I don't agree with your rhetorical gimmick. Except your parallels aren't parallel.

jugheadnaut
.
.
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12433

Post by jugheadnaut »

Service Dog wrote:
This is the 2nd time you've haplessly tried to draw parallels-- between some topic & pissing-on-my-doorstep. To make me seem like hypocrite-- if I don't agree with your rhetorical gimmick. Except your parallels aren't parallel.
Analogies have never been FTP's forte. They serve mainly to demonstrate his complete lack of understanding of issues.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12434

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Deaths per million:
Sweden 343
Vancouver Island 14
Proof that lockdown works?
My favorite thing about this stat, is that the population of Vancouver Island is less than one million.

Did you hear about the elderly couple carefully observing lockdown, on Vancouver Island? The wife died. 500,000 deaths per million.

=

No, wait, my favorite thing is that there's no peer reviewed study. So it's just like Dr. Immanuel's zero deaths per 350. An empirical anecdote.

=
Here's a fun graph of B.C. vs. Sweden. (Please don't look at any other parts of this graph.)



In conclusion, Lockdowns save lives! oh, wait...
B.C. records highest ever number of fatal overdoses in May with 170 deaths
That's 11 people dying from illicit drugs every two days


ASHLEY WADHWANIJun. 11, 2020 11:30 a.m.NEWS

A concerning 170 people died from fatal overdoses in B.C. in May, marking the highest number of deaths in a single month since the crisis was declared in 2016.

That’s roughly 11 people every two days, according to BC Coroners Service data released Thursday (June 11).

The spike in fatalities is part of a notable trend in the province as social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 has pushed drug users indoors.

In March, 113 people died from illicit drugs, followed by a further 118 people in April.

“More British Columbians died of overdose in one month than died in the whole first wave of COVID-19,” said Guy Felicella, a peer clinical supervisor with the BC Centre for Substance Use.
....
“COVID-19 has added challenges and people may be feeling more isolated and anxious, but it’s important to continue to buddy up, or access local overdose prevention and supervised consumption services during this time.”

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12435

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: Antifa is short for Sciantifaic Marxism

and

Brack Rives Mattal is a pee-o-pul dlemoclatic socialease levorution-ar.

I think this little gurl needs a good spanking... so let me think about that for a while.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12436

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Analogy
A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.
Example: People breaking the law by ignoring social distancing and mask may spread disease vs. people that urinate in places where people might come in contact with it.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12437

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice = commie baboon liar. It gets better every day.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12438

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Analogy
A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.
Example: People breaking the law by ignoring social distancing and mask may spread disease vs. people that urinate in places where people might come in contact with it.
Jugheadnaut didn't say you don't know what an analogy is.

Jugheadnaut said your use of analogies serves mainly to demonstrate you complete lack of understanding of issues.

In this case-- there's indeed a similarity between breathing in outdoors during a pandemic-- and pissing outdoors.

And there's a similarity between doxxing the lockdown-protesters online-- and outing the pissers.

And when the lockdown-protesters are attacked on the street, jailed, kicked off crowdfunding, & censored on social media. That's similar to SWATing a pisser. Or snitching to the KGB.

Which is where your analogy falls apart. Because you assert I'm some sort of hypocrite-- since I'm against the retaliations which was inflicted on the lockdown-protesters-- but you confidently assert I certainly-must-be in-favor of using your ratfuck tactics-- against the pisser. But I'm not in favor of that, either. I'm consistent.

I don't want to draw the attention of the NYPD eye of sauron, to my own doorstep. Rule from when I was a bouncer: "Never call the police on your own bar". When liquor license renewal-time rolls around-- that police call can prevent your license from being renewed. <-- hey, look, an analogy.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13078
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12439

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Black conservative journalist covering the Portland riots stabbed by white antifa cunt. White antifa cunt has a prior for child porn. Does that come as any surprise? Maybe Matt Dillahunty will speak up for him.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/m ... ournalist/

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12440

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Actually I made a mistake. There have only been 5 covid deaths for the 900,000 people on Vancouver Island or approx. 6 per million. We aren't particularly isolated, a fairly large part of people here commute to work off the island and people were frequent travelers before the pandemic.
Also, most of the people live in communities in a fairly average density.
Social distancing, travel restrictions, business shutdowns, and care home shutdowns came early. Also people cooperated with the restrictions.
Because we stopped community spread we were able to to have 0 active cases for a month in late spring/early summer and even reopened some schools for a period before the summer break with no spreading.
We now a handful of cases that have come in from outside but it appears there still is a handle on community spread.
No doubt we have had luck. a fairly good response by public health officials, and it can't have hurt that people have been by and large have followed the rules.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12441

Post by free thoughtpolice »

No, wait, my favorite thing is that there's no peer reviewed study. So it's just like Dr. Immanuel's zero deaths per 350. An empirical anecdote.
Those were statistics provide by Island Health Region, all documented and reviewed. That is completely different from an anecdote.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10769
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12442

Post by free thoughtpolice »

By the way, what was that graph of BC vs. Sweden supposed to prove? Because Sweden has more than 10 times the rate of death by covid that shows that lockdowns don't work? :lol:

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12443

Post by John D »

This is worth it.... to the end.


Fegg
.
.
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12444

Post by Fegg »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:01 am
By the way, what was that graph of BC vs. Sweden supposed to prove? Because Sweden has more than 10 times the rate of death by covid that shows that lockdowns don't work? :lol:
I'm pretty sure the request not to look at the other parts of the graph was meant ironically.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12445

Post by John D »

Environmentalists are totally fucking useless. Every group I have donated to has simply taken on global warming as their mission. They do nothing else but bitch about warming.

Meanwhile, Michigan has been taken over by invasive Asian reed grass, a kind of Phragmites. If you live in the midwest you have seen what this plant can do. It is growing out of control... strangling wetlands. It is the most dramatic environmental change in Michigan that I have ever seen.

Perhaps you have heard about the invasive Purple Loosetrife. A nasty plant to be sure. It is an invasive that chokes out native plants in wetlands. For many years, environmental groups had organized people to remove this nasty invasive. Good on them.

But... I have seen almost no loosetrife lately. Why? It is because the fucking phragmites is so aggressive it actually overtakes the loosestrife. What the fuck has happened? It feels like there are no environmentalists that care about bio-diversity. No one cares about this anymore. One of my favorite birding spots is half over-run with phragmites. No one cares. I fucking hate people.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/invasive_ ... _a_problem

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12446

Post by Service Dog »

"Deaths per million"....
"Vancouver Island 14"....
"Those were statistics provided by Island Health Region, all documented and reviewed." ...
[take that!]
[oh wait-- I was off by over 233%]
:rimshot:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10895
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12447

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 pm
Oh, and I have had a 30-second conversation with Brenda about Lusitano horses.
I had a rich lady client -- okay I had lots of rich lady clients -- who split her time between East and West coasts, who bought a Lusitano stallion for 60 grand from this snooty Portuguese trainer in New Hampshire named Vitor. That was from his bargain bin. He insisted they all stay uncut or he wouldn't let you ride with him anymore. The lady was all form, no feel, and she had zero control over this horse. Like flying the manned version of the V-1. We went out to visit once -- Vitor's barn was posh, but the stallions spent most of their time in box stalls within sniffing range of mares and were fucking humping the kickboards, humping the grooms, humping the wash rack. Correct them when they try surge past you or worse, mount you, and for chrissakes, turn the poor bastards out once in a while. Instead, the barn was like a fucking pinball table with silver stallion pinballs bouncing off everything and everyone. Fear was omnipresent -- of the stallions, and of Vitor.

Vitor was all decked out in that snazzy Euro trainer kit -- tweed touring cap, tweed vest, britches, boots with Spanish cuffs. Very snooty demeanor. There was a definite pecking order among his clients, depending on how much -- or whether yet -- you'd spent on one of his horses. All the Lusi's names began with the letter corresponding to their birth year. Riding a younger horse was more prestigious than an older one. These old rich bitches would prance up to Vitor like teenagers and ask, 'Who am I riding today, Vitor?' Vitor would pause, rub his chin, then proclaim, 'today, you ride ... Trenghuelo!' Yippee, I get the psycho! But if you hadn't bought a stallion yet, it was, 'today, you ride ...'Douro' Sad Face; the jaded old schoolmaster.

When Vitor found out that my client's 'friends' visiting were really her California trainers, he bombarded the lady with so many corrections so fast she fell off. I have to admit it was impressive albeit wicked.

I've had no problem working with stallions but I said, cut the fucker, milk him first if you like, ship him to California. I'll slap a roper on him and take you on a nice trail ride. We'll cross some creeks and jump some logs. Instead, she convinced her friend, a lady lawyer, to buy one of Vitor's stallions for 80 grand. Gal was absolutely white-knuckle, knee-trembling terrified of her new purchase.

So here's the punch line: turns out Vitor's brother is a decent trainer back in the mother country. Vitor came to America when he was young, made a hunk of dough running a Merry Maids, then 're-imagined' himself as the dago Podhajsky. His brother sends him all the crap horses that wash out and Vitor marks them up about 800%. His clientele is exclusively status-conscious rich bitches middle-aged and up. It's a better scam than Amway. Pure genius.
I used to breed Lusos, and worked with the Portuguese government stud on the genetics of the breeding program. Everyone - but EVERYONE - I knew in the Lusosphere laughed at the American breeders/dealers/etc. I don't know whether it's changed, but the breed society over here didn't distinguish intelligently between Lusos and Purebred Spanish (Andalusians) when I was heavily involved. Admittedly the stud books were only separated in Spain and Portugal in the 20th century, but the breeding had been separate for a very long time. Only the government in Portugal could approve breeding from an Andalusian and designate resultant offspring as eligible for entry into the national studbook as a Lusitano.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10895
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12448

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, Bo Derek was (is still?) a huge Luso fan. She had a stallion smuggled in from Portugal - it was piro positive, so ineligible to enter.

justinvacula
.
.
Posts: 1823
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12449

Post by justinvacula »


KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5159
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12450

Post by KiwiInOz »

A public service announcement.


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12451

Post by Service Dog »

Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are very concerned with protecting us from false information.

Posting the following dangerous misinformation from Dr. Stella Immanuel will get you censored:

1. Hydroxychloriquine + Zinc + Zithromax is effective against Coronavirus.


These are additional claims from Stella Immanuel, which Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube allow you to repost as often as you'd like:


1. Gynecological problems are caused by sex in dreams with demons and witches

2. Alien DNA is currently used in medicine

3. Scientists are planning to microchip people

4. Scientists are developing a vaccine to stop people from being religious

5. The magic 8-ball toy is psychic and a plot to normalize witchcraft for children. So is Harry Potter.

6. Reptilians are in the government

7. Abortion, gay marriage, and children’s toys are an Illuminati plot to destroy the world

8. Schools teach children to meditate to contact demons

9. Children need to be whipped

10. Facebook’s servers cannot withstand the wrath of Jesus

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12452

Post by Service Dog »

Antifa moron asks his MAGA-hat grandma to buy him a distinctive fake bulletproof vest.

Granny does so, and leaves a positive review for the vest, online.

First, the moron wears it to screw-up a gandhi-style protest by a naked black chick-- he jumps in front of her to 'protect' her, while frantically swiveling his head to look at her boobs.

Then he wears it to throw an explosive at the Portland federal courthouse.

Then the ATF sees Grandma's positive review for the vest-- and use it to identify & apprehend the moron. 5 year minimum for arson.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/trump-lov ... nd-bomber/

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12453

Post by Service Dog »

Blue Jeep which was attacked and fired-on by BLM protesters in Aurora Colorado-- was en route to airport, directed into protest by Google Maps.
https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/jeep-that ... passenger/

https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/trump-lov ... nd-bomber/

Driver who shot Garrett Foster is active duty military, moonlighting as rideshare driver. He initially mistook Foster for law-enforcement & complied when Foster gestured for him to open window. Opened fire when Foster began to raise his gun.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/protester ... -army-sgt/

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13078
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12454

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: 6. Reptilians are in the government
That one is true.
jayapal.jpg
(53.25 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
lightfoot.jpg
(319.9 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

mordacious1
.
.
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12455

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:58 am
Service Dog wrote: 6. Reptilians are in the government
That one is true.

lightfoot.jpg
IT’S A TRAP!!

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 2019
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12456

Post by Sulman »

The Guardian has written about Warren Ellis getting mad amounts of ass a decade ago, and those women now being amazingly pissed. He apparently had 19 on the go at one point.
Many of the women were in their late teens and early 20s when their contact with Ellis began. Sometimes they initiated the conversation, sometimes he did. Some of these relationships were conducted entirely online, while others were physical. Some of the women work in the comic-book industry, while others are artists, writers, photographers and alternative models. Many of them say Ellis gave them career boosts, using his newsletters, blogs and influential forums to draw attention to their work. But as they hear their own stories coming from other women, many say they feel used in what they consistently describe as a pattern of friendship, then escalating sexual contact, then exclusively sexual contact – and silence if they refused, or stopped.
I found the article utterly puzzling. What's the complaint? He's not done anything illegal. He's been unfaithful, and that's about it. He didn't have any particular professional relationship with them. He didn't even know most of them.
Basically famous guy fucks a load of groupies. That's it. But oh, these are nerdy girls and so have to be handled like babies...One of them on Twitter said "I was so, so young". She was 22.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/ ... SApp_Other

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12457

Post by Service Dog »

Sulman wrote: Warren Ellis
"...if they said no, he’d stop talking to them."

No means ___.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12458

Post by Service Dog »

0czg1F_0PT6DwPJ00.jpg
(19.23 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Beyonce's new 'visual album' is out on Disney+. I worked on it last last year-- for example I built this cowskin wall.

I guess I should watch it before I post-- so I actually have something to say. Today I looked at all the glowing reviews in NY Times & everywhere.

Was pleased to see the reviews photos included stuff I had a hand in... a rowboat filled with flowers, a giant head-dress made of wooden bowls & baskets & a fishing net. That's all for now-- just braggin' a little. And laughing at all the reviewers talking about 'black artistry' and 'african creativity'... guess what color every member of the art dept was?

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17111
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12459

Post by Brive1987 »

Nutritional humour


KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5159
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12460

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: Nutritional humour

Why do the libertarians get the pizza?

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13078
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12461

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It's fashionable for white folk to claim they like Beyonce. She's a hack. Beyonce steals other folks' dance routines, steals other folks' couture, writes none of her own material. Her voice is shit and she's got a reputation as a complete asshole.

If you want to be a wigger, Nicky Minaj is far more musically creative. OTOH, Beyonce's butt implants have never exploded live on stage.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12462

Post by Driftless »

Sulman wrote: The Guardian has written about Warren Ellis getting mad amounts of ass a decade ago, and those women now being amazingly pissed. He apparently had 19 on the go at one point.
Many of the women were in their late teens and early 20s when their contact with Ellis began. Sometimes they initiated the conversation, sometimes he did. Some of these relationships were conducted entirely online, while others were physical. Some of the women work in the comic-book industry, while others are artists, writers, photographers and alternative models. Many of them say Ellis gave them career boosts, using his newsletters, blogs and influential forums to draw attention to their work. But as they hear their own stories coming from other women, many say they feel used in what they consistently describe as a pattern of friendship, then escalating sexual contact, then exclusively sexual contact – and silence if they refused, or stopped.
I found the article utterly puzzling. What's the complaint? He's not done anything illegal. He's been unfaithful, and that's about it. He didn't have any particular professional relationship with them. He didn't even know most of them.
Basically famous guy fucks a load of groupies. That's it. But oh, these are nerdy girls and so have to be handled like babies...One of them on Twitter said "I was so, so young". She was 22.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/ ... SApp_Other
Poor guy just has women hitting on him all of the time:
When someone flirted with me or engaged with me intimately I was genuinely flattered, and proceeded time and again to make an emotional mess of things,” he wrote. “I will own that, and I will not do that again. I have to do the work on that and many other things now.
If only he were less attractive to young women. Then he wouldn't have these problems.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 2080
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12463

Post by Keating »


some guy
.
.
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12464

Post by some guy »

This is Heather Mac Donald's talk at the MN Center of the American Experiment, attacking the BLM movement with data.
(Apparently Youtube took down the first upload of this, but seems to have back off after some buzz about what they did.)

FYI, you can listen at 1.5x speed and still absorb all her points in about 20 min. (Link starts after the intro. Hoping I wasn't :nin: on this)


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12465

Post by Service Dog »

A couple days ago, I listened to Episode #35 of Bret Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast.
https://youtu.be/p3FmtdFTxRU

His wife read an essay by Vaclav Havel-- about the mild propaganda posters which Czech shopkeepers put in their windows to placate the CCCP.

Bret & wifey drew a comparison to the BLM window posters which shopkeepers now display, to say 'please don't hurt me'.

Bret & wifey are on the alarmist side of Covid-- he advocates a 6 week don't-leave-your-homes total lockdown, and believes the disease does lifelong harm to young people's lungs & health.

So I was unsurprised when he & she failed to extend the analogy of Communist window posters & BLM window posters-- to include the wearing of facemasks as a little propaganda poster hung on your face, with all the same grim implications which Vaclav Havel's essay described.

I think he & she are a certain type of academic-- impressed by their own blather/ and, yeah, they often say worthwhile stuff/ but clueless when they miss the mark.

Afterward I talked to Fang on the phone. He has good qualities-- but he's a fucking simpleton. I tried to explain to him the Vaclav Havel essay... and how it applies to BLM virtue-signalling... and also to the wearing of masks.

But I didn't get far into the mask part-- before Fang got all huffy & had to interrupt to tell me how upset he is when people don't comply with mandatory masks. He was really worked up, and after he said his piece-- he couldn't focus his attention to let me finish my point.

Our conversation ended on a bad note. Yesterday & today I fretted about how Fang & I are a microcosm of the culture wars going on over masks, police, race, lockdowns, Trump, etc. He's not equipped to process my differing opinion... he shuts-down, tunes-out, gets-upset. All at the first sign of disagreement-- before I actually-even explain the workings of how I disagree. I think this bodes poorly for the rifts at-large. These disagreements aren't going away, (and, even worse, powerful special-interests don't want these disagreements to go-away.)

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17111
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12466

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Nutritional humour

Loser food? At least the lib-right gets the fun ‘burn bright and die” stuff.

Why do the libertarians get the pizza?

Keating
.
.
Posts: 2080
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12467

Post by Keating »

After fasting all day, I just ate a steak with broccoli and hot chocolate for dessert. I'm a radical centrist.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12468

Post by John D »

Keating wrote: After fasting all day, I just ate a steak with broccoli and hot chocolate for dessert. I'm a radical centrist.
I fasted yesterday. I think I ate about 400 calories. Last night, my sleep was very affected. I was really cold all night, but I was sweating. I added an extra blanket and had a sleep that was full of very strange nightmares. It was actually kind of interesting and I don't feel tired today. I actually feel pretty energized. I haven't decided what to eat yet. I am just having a coffee right now. I have no steak in the house, but I do have some very good left-over roasted chicken.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12469

Post by Service Dog »

Atheists


MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12470

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Atheists
That's me.

I can understand it - that paper is most often not absorbent enough to make good TP.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12471

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: All at the first sign of disagreement-- before I actually-even explain the workings of how I disagree. I think this bodes poorly for the rifts at-large. These disagreements aren't going away, (and, even worse, powerful special-interests don't want these disagreements to go-away.)
Most people like to feel certain. They are very uncomfortable with the idea that there are important things they don't understand. This is just the nature of most people.

There are so many examples of this. I find that religious people are particularly interested in certainty. They will convince themselves they understand some completely nonsensical concept just to have all their thoughts on solid ground. I remember having a discussion with my uncle about the trinity. I asked him how he could be convinced the idea of the trinity is correct since it is really never explained in the Bible. If there is really a trinity of god why didn't Jesus explain it to everybody... instead... some dood came up with this idea hundreds of year after JC went to heaven. He looked at me like I was asking a stupid question... like I was some kind of fool... he said "Its the trinity... father, son, and holy ghost.... that's what the trinity is!" Haha. I just laughed and said okay. No point in fighting with my uncle. He really is a good guy.

I find that the assholes on the pit are generally comfortable challenging ideas. I think most of us find it fun. I love it when I figure out some commonly held idea is completely wrong. I don't have to know what is "right". I am comfortable with uncertainty. Most people are not. Most people think this makes me an asshole because I am often shitting on ideas that are flawed. Sometimes it is worth arguing... but mostly it is not.

I have a bunch of Christian friends who post that our problems would be solved if they made kids pray in public school. I understand that they wish people would share their religion because they think they are right... but... I almost can't understand why they think forcing prayer would ever be a good idea. You can't make a bunch of non-Christians into Christians by making them pray in school. It just will not work. I argue this point with them but they can't understand my point. I really think they are not smart enough to see how forcing prayer will backfire on them. So.... I have given up on this fight. There is no point.

I am not saying I am super smart or anything. Perhaps I am smarter than average... but I am no genius. I think what makes me different is my personality. I am open minded... but also very conscientious. I am also very stubborn. I am one of the few atheists that became an atheist because I find no proof for the supernatural. I remember reading the World Religion book in the 5th grade. When I realized that everyone gets their religion from their family and culture I had to conclude that no religion has a claim on the truth. It is so obvious to me.... but it is completely disregarded by almost everyone else. I am amazed by how different I am from 95% of my fellow baboons.

Stranger in a strange land.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12472

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: I can understand it - that paper is most often not absorbent enough to make good TP.
Sure, but they burned a nice silky supple double-ply American flag, too.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12473

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Sure, but they burned a nice silky supple double-ply American flag, too.
Your Supreme Court made a ruling on that.

Damn right they were too.

Lucky you are to have them, and the constitution too.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12474

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote: All at the first sign of disagreement-- before I actually-even explain the workings of how I disagree. I think this bodes poorly for the rifts at-large. These disagreements aren't going away, (and, even worse, powerful special-interests don't want these disagreements to go-away.)
Most people like to feel certain. They are very uncomfortable with the idea that there are important things they don't understand. This is just the nature of most people.

There are so many examples of this. I find that religious people are particularly interested in certainty. They will convince themselves they understand some completely nonsensical concept just to have all their thoughts on solid ground....
Same is true for those who embrace total uncertainty. The reality of biological sex-- for example-- clashes with how they wish the world worked. So they attempt to avoid reality's monopoly on truth-- by professing that everything is subjective.

This morning I listened to EconTalk-- an interview with two economists who wrote a book about Radical Uncertainty. They criticize economists who try to make reality fit the certainty of a defective model, rather than accept when a model doesn't match reality. They're also sympathetic to the seemingly-irrational ways normal people deal the vast unknowable-ness of the world... sometimes there's a logic to their illogic. Also, the authors differentiate between 'risk' and 'uncertainty', which seems useful.

It's a pretty good episode. https://www.econtalk.org/john-kay-and-m ... certainty/

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12475

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lucky you are to have them, and the constitution too.
I've never wiped with the Constitution, but the little pocket versions would be good for travel & emergencies.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12476

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote: All at the first sign of disagreement-- before I actually-even explain the workings of how I disagree. I think this bodes poorly for the rifts at-large. These disagreements aren't going away, (and, even worse, powerful special-interests don't want these disagreements to go-away.)
Most people like to feel certain. They are very uncomfortable with the idea that there are important things they don't understand. This is just the nature of most people.

There are so many examples of this. I find that religious people are particularly interested in certainty. They will convince themselves they understand some completely nonsensical concept just to have all their thoughts on solid ground....
Same is true for those who embrace total uncertainty. The reality of biological sex-- for example-- clashes with how they wish the world worked. So they attempt to avoid reality's monopoly on truth-- by professing that everything is subjective.

This morning I listened to EconTalk-- an interview with two economists who wrote a book about Radical Uncertainty. They criticize economists who try to make reality fit the certainty of a defective model, rather than accept when a model doesn't match reality. They're also sympathetic to the seemingly-irrational ways normal people deal the vast unknowable-ness of the world... sometimes there's a logic to their illogic. Also, the authors differentiate between 'risk' and 'uncertainty', which seems useful.

It's a pretty good episode. https://www.econtalk.org/john-kay-and-m ... certainty/
Good point. The idea of radical uncertainty leaves you with no path at all. We all make models of how the world works. We use these models to make choices about how to move through "reality". There is a "reality". Things are knowable. We can know this because there are things we can predict using our models. The best models make predictions and can be reliably repeated. This is why we can use physics and engineering to build things that work. There are indeed models that correlate well to results. But, we need to keep in mind that these are just models. We are still centuries away from understanding the universe. For example, no one really "knows" what electricity is. We have a model for how it affects the universe... but we don't know why it works the way it does. We just have crude models that can be extremely helpful. People who deny good models are as foolish as people who think their mental models are perfect.

jugheadnaut
.
.
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12477

Post by jugheadnaut »

Service Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:08 pm
A couple days ago, I listened to Episode #35 of Bret Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast.

...

Bret & wifey are on the alarmist side of Covid-- he advocates a 6 week don't-leave-your-homes total lockdown, and believes the disease does lifelong harm to young people's lungs & health.

So I was unsurprised when he & she failed to extend the analogy of Communist window posters & BLM window posters-- to include the wearing of facemasks as a little propaganda poster hung on your face, with all the same grim implications which Vaclav Havel's essay described.

I think he & she are a certain type of academic-- impressed by their own blather/ and, yeah, they often say worthwhile stuff/ but clueless when they miss the mark.
If I recall correctly, early on Weinstein said he doesn't believe there's good evidence masks are effective in reducing spread, but he wears his bandana in sympathy with those who believe they do, to help allay their anxiety. I don't know if he or his wife have updated their opinion on this. If he believes masks really are of value in reducing spread and he continues to wear just a loose bandana pulled up over his nose, he's a hypocrite.

The worst part of this issue is the way a few small studies with weak standards of evidence showing mild support for mask wearing have been used not just to override previous larger more rigorous studies that provided no such evidence, but to try to stifle debate entirely. A good concise commentary of the current state of the evidence is from Oxford's Center for Evidence-Based Medicine: Masking Lack of Evidence With Politics

Ironically, the one time it appears that "public health experts" were telling the truth on masks is the time they now say they were lying: early on when they said there was no evidence that masks stopped the spread of COVID. I do wonder the exact course of events and psychology that caused them to reverse course. Was it the politicization catalyzed by Trump's open disdain of masks, pressure from politicians who wanted to show they were 'doing something' and needed expert backup, or were they seduced by a symbol of people following their advice unquestioningly?

The dangerous part is that there could easily come a time when it's completely clear civil rights must be suspended to combat a highly infectious, deadly disease. If SARS-COV-2 was 10x more infectious and 100x more fatal in healthy individuals, a hard, severely enforced quarantine would certainly be called for. But the only way this could occur relatively peacefully is if public heath experts have earned respect. Instead, during this pandemic, they have looked like filth. Between the mask issue, lickspittle support of China early on, and politicization of the race riots while claiming the mantle of science, they are more deserving of being tossed in a jail cell for treason than being obeyed unquestioningly.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12478

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: I've never wiped with the Constitution, but the little pocket versions would be good for travel & emergencies.
I think even Samuel Goldwyn would admit that there are some things that are worth the paper they are written on

John D
.
.
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12479

Post by John D »



Yes .... leftists are fucking nuts.
leftests are nuts.jpg
(90.07 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13078
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#12480

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: We all make models of how the world works. We use these models to make choices about how to move through "reality".
Currently, most folks' model is: if a stranger breathes on you, they'll kill you, so any means are justified to take them out first.

Great interview with Dr. Sunetra Gupta, epidemiologist at Oxford:

https://reaction.life/we-may-already-ha ... tra-gupta/

Inter alia, she expresses concern about the ridiculous talk of "annihilating" the virus. And our psycho governor recently did vow to "crush it, annihilate it".

It all stems from TDS.

Post Reply