Social Justice Warriors: The Collectible Card Game

Double wank and shit chips
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Social Justice Warriors: The Collectible Card Game

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

If you want simple and funny, just make a Guess Who type game with SJWs. Hours of fun.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

-Do I wear problem glasses?
-Yes.
-Shit! Do I have dyed hair?
-Yes.
-Fuck! Am I a huge douchebag?
-Yes.
-Shit Fuck! Okay, I give up.

Hours of fun, I tell ya!

John D

Post by John D »

I have an idea (one that came to me while walking the dog). This uses the Citadel mechanic.

There will be nine warrior cards (or some other name) Each card explains a different tactic that will be use in the next hand of play. Players get these cards in a similar fashion to Citadel and they play in a specific order. If you haven't played Citadel before it will take a while to explain. Suffice it to say for now that each player will have a unique tactic to play on any given hand. They will also have some knowledge about what might be in the other players hands.

The card are something like this and will play in a fixed order:

1) Safe Space - You are immune from attack for this turn
2) Slander - You choose another player to slander. They lose their turn spending time defending themselves
3) Kumbaya - You may play up to two cards on your turn
4) Topple the great - Steal a follower from any other player
5) Virtue Signal - Take the Virtue Signal token. You will draw from the Warrior Card deck first next turn.
6) Press Conference - Discard up to three cards from your hand and draw from the deck to replace them.
7)....

Etc.... I have to work out exactly how these cards all work.

Players will still try to build up a pile of followers like my previous descriptions. There will be no Instant cards since the instant effects are really part of the play in each turn. There will still be special permanent cards that you can play into your field. The permanent cards will be "paid for" by using the Money, Media, and Momentum points on your followers cards.

This has a really aggressive feel. Players will be slamming the shit out of each other every turn trying to build up their followers. Players will steal followers from each other etc. This has good leader control.. so ... basically... all the players will stay in the hunt for the win right up to the end.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

if you really want my 2 ¢ —

Setting aside for now the logistics of the project, let’s talk about the Leitmotif of the game,

What do SWJs do? Regardless of their stated goals, they are an Axis II cluster fuck of mentally disturbed individuals egging on an horde of petulant grown-up children, acting out their disorders and anti-sccial behavior in public.

SJW luminaries’ primary, underlying goal is attention seeking. The net effect is to hinder progress of any entity or org they infest (entryism), and the rest of the world in general.

SJW Goals / Objectives /Pathologies
- attention seeking
- entryism
- thought control
- purity tests
- distraction from serious issues
- ??

Having 5+ ‘factions’ legitimizes the SJW cause, while wrongly framing opposition to SJWism as opposition to SJ. Two sides (players): the lunatics vs. everyone else (a.k.a., Western Civilization )

SJW TACTICS

* virtue signalling
- Privilege Checking (incl. White Guilt, Male Guilt)
- Islam Apologetics
- ??

* Cry-bullying / Playing the victim / False flag attacks
(Sarkeeksian is an evil genius for pulling off playing the damsel in distress by complaining about damsel in distress tropes)

* Witch hunting
(can backfire when turned on ‘allies’)

* Meme Generation
- Gender Pay Gap
- I in 5
- Systemic Racism
- Implicit Bias
- Nazis
- ??
(especially dangerous: grow very strong if not thwarted early)

* Purity Tests
- Gender pronouns
- ??

* Quixotic Causes
- Trans bathroom
- Women in STEM
- Pay Gap
- Cultural Appropriation
- Freeze Peach
- ??

* Indicrination (Spawns Cadres)
- Gender Studies Programs
- Social Media
- ??

* Temper Tantrums
- Marches /Street fights
- Campus riots
- De-platforming
- Safe Spaces
- ??

* ??

ACTORS

Individual SJW personalities, & orgs

- BLM
- SPLC
- Huff Post
- ??

- Sarkessian
- Quinn
- Affleck
- Sarsour
- ??

GAME DYNAMIC

Message should be: Sane, Western CIviliation is trying to work on real, serious problems, but keep having to divert energies to dealing with SJW lunacy and false issues.

Wester Civ Objectives
- Prosperity
- Liberty
- True Equality
- Environment
- World Peace
- End Suffering
- ??

Just spitballing, but Western Civ player could have action points to distribute. Wins by reaching goals for each cause. But must expend points to threats posed by SJWs. Or something.

My main point is: whatever the mechanics & details of the game, make it funny and satirical, but spotlight the true conflict between us and SJWs, while also highlighting their lunacy.

John D

Post by John D »

Thanks Matt.... really great ideas. And I think to a large extent you are right. I would like you and everyone else to stay engaged. Don't get put off by my relentlessness or details. The point right now is to get a concept that feels right.

I am struggling to come up with a way for the players to compete with each other and not have the "win"... if you know what I mean.

It's sort of like... the winning player is the one that fucks up the world the most. Hmmmm... Haha... Working on it.

At some point we will settle on a game concept... but not yet. There is still something missing... I just ask that you guys don't get discouraged with my behavior. Like I posted before... the last game I rewrote three times.

Right now I am a bit invested in the character cards and building followers idea. Maybe this is just the wrong way to go. I will spend the day doing some chores and scrubbing the whole followers idea out of my head. I have been running with this idea that we want to mock specific people so that has pushed me to a certain game concept. If I drop the character idea I can propose a few more concepts and see if one sticks.

John D

Post by John D »

Woh! My brain... the shit. Been washing dishes and listening to Rucka Rucka Ali... and laughing my ass off.

So.... How about a game where the players are anti-SJW heroes? There can be 8 heroes to choose from who are caricatures of real people like Peterson, and Sargon, and Harris, etc. Each player will have certain powers and will cooperate together.

This is like Pandemic... a most excellent game. Cooperative games have become popular in the last 5 years or so.

The players fight against creeping SJW changes in the world. If they win they save the world and if they lose the world is lost to an SJW hell.

Actually.. okay... haha... this sounds pretty damn good.

John D

Post by John D »

Ahhhhhh! I am totally stoked again. Love you Matt... really man...

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

We should settle who you play as. I'm stoked by making the SJWs the heroes and the satire is how idiotic and self serving their actual moves are. In real life SJWs fucking hate it when you call their actions virtue signalling. In the game it's going to be a mechanic. Same with using identity politics to improve your place in the progressive stack. The cynicism of it all is laid bare when you turn it into a literal game with the rules spelled right out.

I'm happy to put it to a vote. SJWs vs Anti's doesn't do it for me, and I suspect that's a divide that won't be crossed. I'm happy to stand on the sidelines and offer opinions if that's where everyone else wants to go with this though.

John D

Post by John D »

Cats... and herding.. and cats......haha.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I know nothing about this kind of thing but I just saw my son playing some card game thing on his tablet. It occurred to me, could you make this a computer game? Isn't there a game engine you could plug all your ideas into so that you can game-test it and refine it?

John D

Post by John D »

VickyCaramel wrote:I know nothing about this kind of thing but I just saw my son playing some card game thing on his tablet. It occurred to me, could you make this a computer game? Isn't there a game engine you could plug all your ideas into so that you can game-test it and refine it?
Maybe we can get Zoe Quinn to help us... she is supposed to know how to write video games.

As for me... I know about one or two things about programming... but that's it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

As an alternative for a fairly simple game mechanic, which would mostly require the Pit's usual humor and creativity to design the cards, the game could be based on Texas Hold'em.

Like, there are two decks: one with SJWs, and one with Common Sense.

Unlike Texas, each player starts with 5 cards from the SJW deck. The Common Sense deck is the equivalent of that pile the dealer pulls the Bend, River, etc... from. We can assign some values to both SJW and Common Sense cards. Start of turn, card on top of the dealer's pile is put face up on the table, and players have to either cooperate or compete to beat the card (let's say the card gives more victim points if you beat it alone than by cooperating). If it's full coop, the card goes to a main SJW stash. If it's competitive, the card goes to the winner with its bastard bonus.

Or something like that, not too complicated.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:Maybe we can get Zoe Quinn to help us... she is supposed to know how to write video games.
She'll also do anything for positive reviews.

Just throwing that out there... :D

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Could we do a reverse of other games?

You start with 100 privilege points and you have to give your points to other people so you can become more of a victim.

You use the victim cards which you play against other people to force them to take your points - for example if someone plays a "POC" card you can play a corresponding card that outweighs it, like a "transgender" card or something like a card that makes people look elsewhere. If you can't do that, you need to take the points and become more privileged.

You can also have special cards that you can play against people to turn them into your allies, which means if someone attacks you you can call on other people you've sort of "tapped" to play cards against that person too.

If you beat someone they get all your points.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I feel that might be quite simple to do and is based on the intersectionality hierarchy

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and there MUST be spoons; gotta be spoons!!!

John D

Post by John D »

rayshul wrote:Could we do a reverse of other games?

You start with 100 privilege points and you have to give your points to other people so you can become more of a victim.

You use the victim cards which you play against other people to force them to take your points - for example if someone plays a "POC" card you can play a corresponding card that outweighs it, like a "transgender" card or something like a card that makes people look elsewhere. If you can't do that, you need to take the points and become more privileged.

You can also have special cards that you can play against people to turn them into your allies, which means if someone attacks you you can call on other people you've sort of "tapped" to play cards against that person too.

If you beat someone they get all your points.
Clever idea. The winner is the first person to get rid of all their privilege points.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:Oh, and there MUST be spoons; gotta be spoons!!!
Like Mana? The Greta Christina Card would have zero spoons. Permanently tapped unless the rare Flueflog modifier was played. (yeah, I had that in Cards Against Insvanity.)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote:I'm stoked by making the SJWs the heroes and the satire is how idiotic and self serving their actual moves are. In real life SJWs fucking hate it when you call their actions virtue signalling. In the game it's going to be a mechanic. Same with using identity politics to improve your place in the progressive stack. The cynicism of it all is laid bare when you turn it into a literal game with the rules spelled right out.
Maybe a chance card that sparks a wild, Oppression Olympics round among the SJWs?
JohnD wrote:It's sort of like... the winning player is the one that fucks up the world the most.
Pretty much. Anything that captures these vibes Jet and John describe would be, as Rayshul says, Top Kek.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

?? there are no anti-SJW players? Everyone plays an SJW, and the game starts out cooperative but really ends up self-serving and back-stabbing??

John -- check out the card game Honor of the Samurai
(rules PDF)

I own a copy and it rocks. Some of the gameplay may be applicable here.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:?? there are no anti-SJW players? Everyone plays an SJW, and the game starts out cooperative but really ends up self-serving and back-stabbing??

(rules PDF)

Will do.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:?? there are no anti-SJW players? Everyone plays an SJW, and the game starts out cooperative but really ends up self-serving and back-stabbing??

(rules PDF)

Maybe some NPC anti-SJWs. Dawkins events? Trump? Stuff that modifies the whole game at the same time (e.g. Trump gets elected and people have to spend some spoons to even, or make a saving throw of some sort?)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

That's how I see it. Everyone is plays as SJWs, spoons are action points, privilege points interact with the progressive stack in a way that establishes your overall power level. Dawkins, Milo, etc... are NPCs/challenge events. And wild cards lead to oppression olympics/feeding frenzy with endless backstabbing and recriminations

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

"Is plays" bah

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Danielle Muscato's buddy has a game in the works. Looks like meh, but they'll make their Kickstarter goal in the next few hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ca ... o-f-and-te

John D

Post by John D »

Ape+lust wrote:Danielle Muscato's buddy has a game in the works. Looks like meh, but they'll make their Kickstarter goal in the next few hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ca ... o-f-and-te
It's sex story bingo. And the biggest perv wins. Haha... great game.

John D

Post by John D »

jet_lagg wrote:That's how I see it. Everyone is plays as SJWs, spoons are action points, privilege points interact with the progressive stack in a way that establishes your overall power level. Dawkins, Milo, etc... are NPCs/challenge events. And wild cards lead to oppression olympics/feeding frenzy with endless backstabbing and recriminations
So... how do you win?

I love the idea of "spoons". Every hand you start with a fresh reserve of spoons. You generate spoons each day (hand) depending on the cards in your pool of played permanent cards.

Privilege points should be a bad thing and victim points are a good thing. I keep going back to the idea that the winner has the most "victim points".

The action could center around a pile of cards called "reality" cards. Each hand (day) a new reality card is drawn. All the players have to make a simultaneous play as a reaction to the reality card. If you play well you get victim points, or screw your neighbors out of points, etc. The reality cards will be stuff like "Famous Scientist lectures at your University" or "Antifa throws a trash can through your car window" or "One of your followers is a rapist." The whole point is to avoid any bad consequences of that pesky thing called reality.

Some cards are permanent and some are temporary. All cards require a certain number of spoons to play. Some permanent cards are followers and some are events. For example, having a "blogger" as a follower will provide one extra spoon per day and immunity from blog based reality cards. You can also get more daily spoons by playing a permanent card such as (Zoloft... "You perform oral sex on a sleazebag doctor and he gives you a free supply of Zoloft... This card earns you one spoon per day." ) Haha.

The game ends as soon as one of the players has six (or so) followers. Each player totals up their victim points to determine the winner. Several things can get you victim points such as the number of followers, the variety of followers, permanent cards...etc.

Since we are self publishing I would prefer to avoid any kind of tokens. Tokens will drive up our costs. I suppose we could offer tokens as a kickstarter bonus. Perhaps for spoons we could ask the players to use real spoons... that's kind of funny.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:That's how I see it. Everyone is plays as SJWs, spoons are action points, privilege points interact with the progressive stack in a way that establishes your overall power level. Dawkins, Milo, etc... are NPCs/challenge events. And wild cards lead to oppression olympics/feeding frenzy with endless backstabbing and recriminations
So... how do you win?

I love the idea of "spoons". Every hand you start with a fresh reserve of spoons. You generate spoons each day (hand) depending on the cards in your pool of played permanent cards.

Privilege points should be a bad thing and victim points are a good thing. I keep going back to the idea that the winner has the most "victim points".

The action could center around a pile of cards called "reality" cards. Each hand (day) a new reality card is drawn. All the players have to make a simultaneous play as a reaction to the reality card. If you play well you get victim points, or screw your neighbors out of points, etc. The reality cards will be stuff like "Famous Scientist lectures at your University" or "Antifa throws a trash can through your car window" or "One of your followers is a rapist." The whole point is to avoid any bad consequences of that pesky thing called reality.

Some cards are permanent and some are temporary. All cards require a certain number of spoons to play. Some permanent cards are followers and some are events. For example, having a "blogger" as a follower will provide one extra spoon per day and immunity from blog based reality cards. You can also get more daily spoons by playing a permanent card such as (Zoloft... "You perform oral sex on a sleazebag doctor and he gives you a free supply of Zoloft... This card earns you one spoon per day." ) Haha.

The game ends as soon as one of the players has six (or so) followers. Each player totals up their victim points to determine the winner. Several things can get you victim points such as the number of followers, the variety of followers, permanent cards...etc.

Since we are self publishing I would prefer to avoid any kind of tokens. Tokens will drive up our costs. I suppose we could offer tokens as a kickstarter bonus. Perhaps for spoons we could ask the players to use real spoons... that's kind of funny.
1000 plastic teaspoons are $16: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ELNQBHW/

I like the idea outlined above.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote: Since we are self publishing I would prefer to avoid any kind of tokens. Tokens will drive up our costs. I suppose we could offer tokens as a kickstarter bonus. Perhaps for spoons we could ask the players to use real spoons... that's kind of funny.

Taster spoons in four colors are $35 for 3,000: https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Transparent ... 00LE1SB4G/

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote: Since we are self publishing I would prefer to avoid any kind of tokens. Tokens will drive up our costs. I suppose we could offer tokens as a kickstarter bonus. Perhaps for spoons we could ask the players to use real spoons... that's kind of funny.

Taster spoons in four colors are $35 for 3,000: https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Transparent ... 00LE1SB4G/
Haha... we could include a little bag of taster spoons with the deck of cards.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Exactly - spoons at 1c apiece aren't going to break the bank in cost or postage.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

That's all sounding good.

Anti-SJWs as events is neat.

The various cards yield spoons (action pts), SJ points (victory), &/or Privilege (bad).

Privilege points build up and must be sloughed off periodically via actions ("Privilege Checking"), or dumped onto other players in an Oppression Olympics round.

What if instead playing as a character, you played a 'Cause' -- Feminism, Trans, Critical Race Theory, etc.? Characters are cards you play into your field -- that way they can be 'burned' in Witch Hunts. (Bye Bye, Buttman!)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:Trump gets elected and people have to spend some spoons to even, or make a saving throw of some sort?)
"I Can't Even" should be an action.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

By my accounting we've settled on the following:

-you play on the SJW side
-spoons as action points (run out and you can't even)
-a deck of cards that pose challenges the players must work together against (I'm with John in calling this the reality deck)
-a feeding frenzy/oppression olympics event (probably sorted into the reality deck) for backstabbing other players
-a progressive stack/privilege points/virtue points mechanic of some kind (perhaps progressive stack maps roughly to power level, privilege to damage, virtue to healing)

Some things to sort out:

-play as political factions or individuals? Factions has the advantage of getting to use individuals as followers, similar to summoned creatures in Magic, or gear in a game like Munchkin. Followers can have unique abilities that can easily be pure joke material (e.g. Matt's "Steve Shive blocks you, saving throw: none, effect: none).

-Victory condition? Thematically I can't come up with anything satisfying. Maybe you're trying to enact a piece of legislation or achieve some political office and the first one past the goal post is the victor. You watch from your iron throne as the last of the dudebros are hunted down by the secret police and put against the wall.

John D

Post by John D »

I prefer to allow players to play without selecting a faction at the beginning. The factions will play out as the game goes along. Some factions will play better together than others within your group of followers. If you can keep all five factions represented in your followers then you have a "rainbow coalition" and get extra points at the end of the game. You can pay for some card to help hold together the mob of followers. Your followers are like an unstable mob that will only follow you if you pay them off with cards. A great game where players get an initial faction is "7 Wonders". It is a FANTASTIC game, but I think we have a lot of complexity already. I will keep this idea going... but it worries me a bit.

I am struggling with a method of winning that has some punch to it. I am tempted to just count "victim points" but this is kind of niddly and not very dramatic. I want to come up with something dramatic that will make the players all yell... "CRAP!" I am thinking something like... as soon as any player reaches 10 victim points they win instantly. Good players will trick each other by holding cards in their hand that will clinch a strong big play so they can go out.

Working on it. Great ideas from everyone. I am gonna start making list of good phrases so keep them coming.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Winning
Two ways:
1) Cooperative Goal: Achieve SJ Utopia by collectively applying nnn SJ points.

2) Personal Goal: Gain Attention via ???

Personal attention-seeking actions should use up valuable SJ points that could've gone to actually getting something the fuck done.

The way this is shaping up, the Feeding Frenzy/Witch Hunt & Oppression Olympics could turn into wickedly nasty fun.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The game should be structured so that you can never get anywhere close to SJ Utopia.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The game should be structured so that you can never get anywhere close to SJ Utopia.
The last will be first and the first will be last. Rinse and repeat.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Whoever win gets to be chairman of Spoontopia, Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

More spitballin’. Want to convey the Leitmotif that SJWs don’t actually give a shit about most SJ issues, much less broader liberal causes, without burdening the game with complex mechanics. Gonna describe using mock-up game rules (actual details will inevitably vary).

The Players: Each of you plays a Social Justice Warrior. Together you strive to achieve Social Justice Utopia by applying Social Justice Points (“SJs”) to various causes.

Set Up

Causes: There are ten Causes cards —

Civil Liberties
Critical Race Theory
The Environment
Equality for All
The Gender Spectrum
International Women’s Rights
The Patriarchy/Rape Culture
Political Correctness
Prosperity for All
World Peace

Before play starts, remove the Civil Liberties, Environment, Equality for All, International Women’s Rights, Prosperity for All, and World Peace cards and set aside for the duration of the Game. Shuffle back into the deck the Critical Race Theory, Gender Spectrum, Patriarchy/Rape Culture, and Political Correctness cards.

John D

Post by John D »

I need a list of reality cards. So far I have a few like....

1) Right wing President elected
2) Free speech activist holds peaceful rally
3) A famous English biologist publishes another popular book
4) Most people turn off their TVs for the Emmy Awards
5) People don't show up for the NFL game

All ideas are welcome.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:I need a list of reality cards. So far I have a few like....

All ideas are welcome.
If you were a horse, I'd ask you for a half halt right now.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

All ideas are welcome.
If you were a horse, I'd ask you for a half halt right now.
I can be pretty fucking annoying... haha.... My wife tells me to shut up most days.

John D

Post by John D »

Here is a basic concept...

There are three types of cards in the deck.

1) Approx. 30 reality cards which are played one at a time at the beginning of each turn. The reality cards make demands of the players each turn and will target followers of a specific faction. These cards describe real events that stand in the way of “social progress”
2) Approx 60 follower cards which will be added to your pool of followers. These cards provide benefits like spoons and victim points. Each follower has a special property which describes how it conflicts with other follower cards. Each card will belong to one of five factions. Some factions cooperate well and some do not.
3) Approx 40 action cards (some play instantly and some are permanently attached to one of your followers). These provide special powers or begin dramatic actions like “safe space” or “feeding frenzy”

General Description. Action will be quick and ferocious. Each reality card affects play in a unique and dramatic way… such as forcing the discard of certain types of followers. Players will get action cards which can protect them from reality or screw other players. Cards, especially follower cards, will interact with each other causing the players follower pool to be unstable. Players will be able to target the leading player and set them back by using certain action and follower cards.

Basic play:
1) Players start the game with 5 cards in their hand and 3 spoons. Action and Follower cards are shuffled together into one deck. Reality cards are shuffled into their own deck.

2) At the beginning of each hand a “reality card” is put in play.

3) Players receive one spoon as well as any additional spoons provided by their followers.

4) Players select a card from their hand and place it face down on the table.

5) Players turn over their cards at the same time. The card with the lowest series number is resolved first… followed by all the other cards in order.

6) Players may use spoons from their pool to pay for the card they played. If they do not have enough spoons the card is discarded.

7) Resolve the requested action shown on the reality card

8) All player draw a replacement card to start the turn with 5 cards

9) Reshuffle the cards when the last one is player from either deck.

10) If, at any time during the turn, a player has 10 victim points shown on active cards they win the “Oppression Olympics” and appear before the UN as a global SJW celebrity.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I still say the feeding frenzy should be a reality card, an event players have to deal with. It's a unique reality card, albeit, in that it switches the game temporarily from cooperative to competitive. Of course, knowing that this backstabbing event is coming up transfers an element of competition even to the otherwise cooperative rounds.

What's the mechanic for gaining follower cards? Also, 60 is a lot. Are we really going to create that many characters? And even if we did I see things becoming incredibly unwieldy if each player could field much more than three at any given time. We'd match the round to round complexity of a game like Magic: The Gathering, which is definitely beyond the scope already established.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Also, and I assume this is where you were already going, defeating a reality card nets you bonuses in terms of additional spoons and followers. The rewards are a zero sum game, so while people will often be cooperating to avoid penalties, just as often it will become obvious the player set to take home the reward isn't actually needed to defeat the reality card and the smart move is to sabotage them, snatch the prize for yourself.

For example, we draw the Charles Murray race realism tweet goes viral card from the reality deck. It requires 8 points to defeat or everyone loses a follower card. Defeating it yields one follower card to the player fielding the highest point card. Player 1 puts down a vacuous hashtag card, worth 4 points. Player 2 places the nazi smear campaign card, worth 5 points. Player 3 fields the devastating Salon rebuttal essay card worth 7 points and is set to take home the follower card. Player 2 sees this, plays a twitter squabble card that requires Player 3 to spend 2 spoons dealing with. The activation cost for the devastating Salon rebuttal card is 4 spoons, and Player 3 has only 2 left. She was going to write that essay, but now she can't even. Player 2 gains a follower card.

John D

Post by John D »

jet_lagg wrote:I still say the feeding frenzy should be a reality card, an event players have to deal with. It's a unique reality card, albeit, in that it switches the game temporarily from cooperative to competitive. Of course, knowing that this backstabbing event is coming up transfers an element of competition even to the otherwise cooperative rounds.

What's the mechanic for gaining follower cards? Also, 60 is a lot. Are we really going to create that many characters? And even if we did I see things becoming incredibly unwieldy if each player could field much more than three at any given time. We'd match the round to round complexity of a game like Magic: The Gathering, which is definitely beyond the scope already established.
We will sort through the number of cards as we playtest. We can have duplicate follower cards so I am thinking something like 20 unique characters and three of each character in the deck. Players cannot have a duplicate follower card in their pool.

I like the idea of the feeding frenzy being a reality card.

and yes... I think you have a good sense of how the game will play.

This will not be nearly as complex as Magic.... which is way outside our pay grade. It is similar in some ways. Spoons are used to buy the cards you play and activate your follower powers. I anticipate that it will be a nice fit if players have up to 6 or 8 followers in play as well as 2 permanent type cards. This is not overly complex in my opinion... but I may be wrong... and play testing will clear this up.

Bit by bit I am making a draft version of each card. I will share these as I go and get feedback. They will be open to modification for sure, but we need to start somewhere. I will make a printable set of cards that we can playtest by printing on card stock or slipping into card protector sleeves.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

There's also Vassal, free software that let's you play various board games virtually over the internet. I've used it to play X-wing before and it's functional, if not as satisfying as sitting down with someone.

http://www.vassalengine.org/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

We seem to have arrived at a general consensus on the broad leitmotif and tone of the game, and an assortment of interesting ideas have been suggested on what specifics the game might include to convey those. So it's the right time to shift to brainstorming on mechanics and elements. But imo it's still to early in the process to try to nail down how many cards in the deck and in hands, points-per-action, etc. Let's keep brainstorming, and little by little the details will emerge.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

All ideas are welcome.
1) Hollywood producer sexual harassment epidemic
2) Fake news item prompts media frenzy
3) Police brutality incident causes riots
4) Notorious nazi is punched
5) Allahu Akbar!
6) Feminist "comedian" makes ass of self on national TV
7) President says something insane on Twatter
8) "Hot mic" scandal
9) Anti-SJW video goes viral
10) Moronic blog post by has-been professor
11) "Sexist" advert causes outrage
12) Wikileaks revelation prompts scandal
13) Allahu Akbar!
14) Yet another feminist ally outed as sexual predator
15) Notorious anti-SJW provocateur releases book
16) Talk show invites anti-SJW onto show
17) Celebrity makes fool of self at slut-walk
18) MSM caught lying yet again
19) "Pink tax" outrage on MSM yet again
20) Leaked sex tape scandal
21) Allahu Akbar!
22) Controversial cartoons published
23) Social media platform bans popular content provider
24) Celebrity forced to make public apology for innocent comment
25) Allahu Akbar!

...and I'm spent!

http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theoth ... 589658.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

How about all the art is Bjarte style (did I spell this right)? Haha
:twatson: :bjarte: :twatson: :bjarte:

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:

All ideas are welcome.
1) Hollywood producer sexual harassment epidemic
2) Fake news item prompts media frenzy
3) Police brutality incident causes riots
4) Notorious nazi is punched
5) Allahu Akbar!
6) Feminist "comedian" makes ass of self on national TV
7) President says something insane on Twatter
8) "Hot mic" scandal
9) Anti-SJW video goes viral
10) Moronic blog post by has-been professor
11) "Sexist" advert causes outrage
12) Wikileaks revelation prompts scandal
13) Allahu Akbar!
14) Yet another feminist ally outed as sexual predator
15) Notorious anti-SJW provocateur releases book
16) Talk show invites anti-SJW onto show
17) Celebrity makes fool of self at slut-walk
18) MSM caught lying yet again
19) "Pink tax" outrage on MSM yet again
20) Leaked sex tape scandal
21) Allahu Akbar!
22) Controversial cartoons published
23) Social media platform bans popular content provider
24) Celebrity forced to make public apology for innocent comment
25) Allahu Akbar!

...and I'm spent!
woot! fantastic.... Durka, durka, durka.... Allah Jihad

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

There really must be a Truck of Peace card.

John D

Post by John D »

jet_lagg wrote:There really must be a Truck of Peace card.
got it.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Other victim cards:

Someone forgot my preferred pronouns.
I didn't get enough likes on my humorously filtered photo.
Wrote a Facebook post saying, "I give up," and did not get 9000 comments asking me how I was.
Friend said they liked Katy Perry and did not understand how problematic that was.
Saw someone dressed up as an Indian for Halloween.
Got caught putting a swastika on my dorm but was just trying to "start a conversation".

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote:Other victim cards:

Someone forgot my preferred pronouns.
I didn't get enough likes on my humorously filtered photo.
Wrote a Facebook post saying, "I give up," and did not get 9000 comments asking me how I was.
Friend said they liked Katy Perry and did not understand how problematic that was.
Saw someone dressed up as an Indian for Halloween.
Got caught putting a swastika on my dorm but was just trying to "start a conversation".
:clap:

1) Triggered by sexist advert
2) Mansplained to by sexist pig
3) Victim of manspreading
4) Stare-raped on way to work
5) Objectified by stranger in bar
6) Fat-shamed by bathroom scales
7) Told that "1/37th Cherokee" does not qualify as "minority"
8) Called "Sweetie" by stranger
9) Almost raped on facebook
10) Finger went through toilet paper, almost raped again
11) Triggered by "Only two genders" tweet
12) Spotted white guy with dreadlocks

John D

Post by John D »

got it!!!!!!!!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMpxsiUg2Q

Here's how it could run ish
Except opposite

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Look how much these guys raised. They even got Peez's money and he's publicly fondling himself in anticipation.

https://imgur.com/ZrPFOFw.jpg

With so much cash flying about, you guys should do well with a decent pitch. Because the Consenticle thing sounds like a bag of dull soaked in tedium.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I'll still consider it a win if all that ever happens is some playtesting, but yes, I also think there is a non-negligible chance of getting a polished version on the market and having people other than we obsessives play it. With FTB'S brand of bullshit leaking out of niche circles and making national news as American campuses implode even my mother would recognize some of these jokes. She'd definitely understand the main idea.

John, how goes it? Anything I can help with?