Double wank and shit chips
deLurch

Re: Greetings, Slyme Pit

Post by deLurch »

Current Tally

[Willing & Able]
Lsuoma x4 (admin)
Kirbmarc x2
Matt Cavanaugh x2 (radio show experience)
Spike13 x1

[Unknown x4 nomination]
Aneris x4 (one of the best thinkers on the forum, and incredibly knowledgeable about the philosophical basis of the SJWs)
Skep Tickle x4 (moderator) (level headed, intelligent, non-bombastic, sensible, honest, and accurate)

[Unknown x3 nomination]
ERV (whose blog was the origin of the SlymePit) x3
Brive1987 x3 (who has a complete, coherent archive about the SJWs in the atheism, especially FreeThoughtBlogs)
Rayshul x3 (lulzy/riot/assertive)

[Unkown x2 nomination]
Godfrey Elfwick x2

[Uknown x1 nomination]
Gumby (moderator)
AndrewV69
Tribble
Tigzy
Jan Steen (the resident graphic artists and satirists)
Really?
Guestus Aurelius
Service Dog
Franc Hoggle (Good interview)
Phil (Gravitational expert)
Karmakin (Nice Insights)

[Not Willing]
Dick Strawkins x2
Ape+Lust (the resident graphic artists and satirists)
Scented Nectar
John Greg (moderator)

[Not Serious Recomendations]
Steersman x4
NecV20

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Just to review Sargoon's original objectives for the interview:
Sargon of Akkad wrote: * veteran members of the Slyme Pit.
* how and why Slyme Pit exists
* what happened leading up to it in the atheist community.
So we need to have a 'pit member who can recall the events that happened and explain them to an outside audience. And once we have that covered, any additional people for the interview is just gravy. One good person should be able to cover those events.

So historically, what are we looking at?
* Watson & her elevator ride
* pz meyer's post, Dawkin's comment & over reaction to that
* Watson's dressing down of Steph McGraw at student conference http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Attac ... tef_McGraw
* ERV's blog aka Slymepit 1.0 http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Slymepit
* pz myer's attempt to censor ERV's blog http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Phary ... Censorship
* Creation of Slymepit 2.0

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:Just to review Sargoon's original objectives for the interview:
So we need to have a 'pit member who can recall the events that happened and explain them to an outside audience. And once we have that covered, any additional people for the interview is just gravy. One good person should be able to cover those events.

* Watson's dressing down of Steph McGraw at student conference http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Attac ... tef_McGraw
* pz myer's attempt to censor ERV's blog http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Phary ... Censorship
Those are key events. However, I think just discussing those specific points leaves out the wider context, which is the gradual intrusion of identity politics into the secular online world.

I see Myers being much more of a key to the schism than Watson.

PZ Myers was pushing a version of atheism plus in all but name for at least a couple of years before Elevatorgate kicked off.
As with the eventual Atheism plus, it was more of a negative attack on other atheists (who just didn't share Myers politics) rather than a positive and novel idea. Myers called standard atheism, 'Dictionary Atheism', and this was to be opposed.

He got almost no traction for this idea the first few times he raised it, and didn't pursue it in a vociferous way or try to argue why his version was better.

The other prior factor is the issue of Myers clique of friends with whom he would hang out at conferences. This was mainly the Skepchick bunch and the Minnesota mafia (Szan etc). I think that his loyalty to this ingroup superceded any attempt at impartiality when Elevatorgate kicked off.

My own impression was that when the Elevatorgate row kicked off Myers didn't see it as a big issue - initially. However, he tied himself firmly to the Skepchick mast by refusing to look at it objectively (he must have noticed that anyone who did try to look at it objectively got smeared by Watson and Svan), and once Watson decided it was a good tactic to label any criticism as harassment and threats he was forced to go along with this and so any hope of reasonable debate flew out the window.

I think that it was at this point that Myers realized it was the perfect opportunity to ressurect his anti-"Dictionary Atheist" crusade.
And so it began.

Of course there are a lot more elements than this - for example the use of Ophelia Benson as an angry old woman, the fact that many FTB/Skepchicks work on the clickbait drama model to get their income, the extreme jealousy over the four horsemen, the utter failure of Myers book, the co-opting of rape culture Jezebel feminism, the witch-hunts, the labelling of any criticism as MRA harassment etc, but I think it is important to set out the background to why it happened with online atheism at the time it did.

I do find it interesting to see the comparisons with Gamergate, but that was a separate event that was not dependent on the atheism schism. However, both situations arose from an environment where identity politics was becoming more and more popular in contemporary culture.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Skep Tickle , thank you for the mention!

I think the folks who were here from the outset would be best for something like this.( given a 2-3 person panel)

The Pit' has such a wealth of intelligent and witty commenters that we seem spoiled for choice.
Really looking forward to listening in.

A couple of notes:

Sargon is familiar with Mykeru, he interviewed him for a few hours on a live stream.

During the live stream Sargon has a text feed running, so those who aren't speaking guests can contribute.( this may be a good option for those who are shying away from speaking.)

Another option would be for the beloved FT to open a live stream thread on the Pit' and members could comment that way.( this would keep trolls from claiming to be Pit' members on Sargons text feed.)
Just some ideas.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I feel honoured! And it's tempting, but I'm likely not around the weekend and I am allergic to doxing, too, they seem to hate me for a number of reasons (I didn't do anything sketchy to be clear).

These people are not just hugbox tumblerinas. They have no problems with extreme smears (including of nonchalantly dropping a "rapist" next to someone's name with some construed context, see Michael Nugent's conflict with them), and unlike Tumblerinas still have the reach and connections to make that a defacto truth about you, even when their influenced waned significantly. They also aren't shy of doxing and workplace harassment either, and the US secular movement is okay with this. After all, we're the evil team. Our crime is argueing in comment sections and airing opinions they don't like, and reveal facts they like to cover up. Most happens here in this obscure forum in a 2352386353 page thread where you can't find anything after 2.3 hours.

Of those still in the race: Lsuoma and Abbie are mandatory. Skep Tickle ftw! Scented Nectar has expertise in the early days. Kirbmarc, even though almost a Bazi can cover the SJW mindset well. When it comes to context and movement knowledge, maybe Welch wants? What about Brive, who researched a lot of stuff? I would also nominate Noel Plum as a honorary Slymepitter. He knows the situation in the movement (and us) very well and has also followed all the more recent events, whether it's Avicenna or Nugent.

I believe it's good to know how SJWs seem to work, how the more sketchy things come about and what ideology seems to drive them. I might be able to finally write up on a few things in assistance. It's really overdue anyway.

It would be excellent if the community could be involved somehow, as Strawkins suggested. And what would a show with the Slymepit be without the satire? I think it would be greatly entertaining for the audience, too. Can you show some snippets from Gefan's videos? Or the comics and 'shops? There's so much hilarious stuff. Maybe that is almost something for a standalone (just sayin' it's there, why not use it). The pit is literally a pit, it's very good at hiding things, which is a shame really.

http://i.imgur.com/9c8XQ9w.jpg

The Shoop Thread, some hilarious, some make only sense when you know the context or people. The earlier attempts are rather guessing in the dark and you can see how the Pit Lore and characters developed over time into full charicature sitcom characters. Most excellent contributions are from Ape+Lust, Gumby and Jan Steen, but others have added the occational fun as well, honorable mention: Dick Strawkins.

http://i.imgur.com/DSt0pwr.jpg

Jan Steen's Pharyngulanhas, a comic series spoofing the FTB community and Pharyngula in particular. The context: PZ Myers is a biology teacher and assistant professor who is into fishy (and tentacly) things. His comment sections was famously nasty, but the SJW of course don't see it that way. His regulars are the piranhas, all other fish are "trolls" and other unwanted guests that disturbs their little "safe space". Since it's Myers fishtank, he only appears as a booming voice coming from the off, printed in red (a reference to his moderation comments when he bans someone). The other voice from the off is from Nerd of Redhead, a fan favourite, who is famous for his robotic, repetitive demand for evidence of *floosh* (this is real). Their eccentric names are a spoof of the typical FTB style names and bynames they have, and I think "Pureflower" (or what it was) is direct reference to a A+ mod. Most, if not all of them, were commentary on a particular real situation. And the scary part: often times the satirical depiction is not that far away from reality.

http://i.imgur.com/zBECsCr.jpg

Then here's the Bjarte Thread, where the Slymepit collectively went crazy with spoofing the "it's so bad, it's funny" comics from FTB master comic Bjarte. This, too, was a real situation. Some still work, but many admittedly were only fun during the spoofing frenzy.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2836/9965 ... cfca_o.png

Then you have video art done by gefol whathisname? -- kidding -- one of the many injokes here. Gefan's did mostly work with Downfall videos, dubbed "Clownfall" and the struggles of National Social Justice against their enemies in the Pit. But he produced some different ones, too. Check out his channel. If you have only time for one or two (your loss), watch In Search of the Historical Peezus. Here's one Clownfall commentary on photoshoppery and Charly Hebdo. Obviously, it's filled with injokes, but some work for people who know SJWs.

[youtube]LRtvU20NqU4[/youtube]

Of course you have heard of Godfrey Elfwick, who did his stuff without direct pit context, but nonetheless is from our fold. One of his exploits...
[youtube]-OEtwtV9koE[/youtube]

There are also some somewhat organized threads on useful stuff.
  • A collection of threat displays typical of the genus Papio, a collection of comments from FTB and Pharyngula, mostly to show their hypocrisy (which is really the main theme of criticism here).
  • The unfortunately abandoned Wiki project. Contains some information that was swept under the carpet by FTB people, e.g. the episode where Watson was banned from JREF, which shows that she was a controversial character already before.
  • An archive of SJW media coverage, started to combat the common denialism about this phenomenon (at least I encouter it often that people flat out deny that this faction exists, deletion attempts of articles about them etc.).
  • A dissection of the ur catastrophe, Elevatorgate. This is an episode that is almost the perfect example of SJWism. In a nutshell. Rebecca Watson makes extreme allegations, but they are subsequently covered up behind a thick wall of dust they have kicked up ever since. Movement argues over coffee and "guys don't do that" and such nonsense, while having completely forgotten "laughing down rape victims" and other extreme accusations from the very same context. This was possible due to a nested structure: Watson references a video, which references the lift ordeal. I posted some more on this yesterday at Michael Nugent's, and it's still relevant.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

IMO, the Pit tag line elegantly sums up the Pit raison d'être:

Exposing the stupidity, lies, and hypocrisy of Social Justice Warriors since July 2012

LGBTQHJW7P_Community

Post by LGBTQHJW7P_Community »

Haha, I found out about this place from Sargon of Akkad's videos. I've been looking for a place like this for over a year. We need to do a better job advertising! Will I be able to get into friendly debates here without being called a racist/sexist/homophobe/MRA when we disagree? Are the rumors true?!!?!? IF so this place is VERY problematic! :)

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

"Will I be able to get into friendly debates here without being called a racist/sexist/homophobe/MRA when we disagree?"

Mostly, yes, but not always always. However, there is an almost certain guarantee that even if the whole body of members disagrees with you, unless you utter blatant threats, doxx someone, or pose some sort of legal threat, you will not be moderated, edited, deleted, or banned.

Enjoy. One of the only places online that actually practices what it preaches when it comes to free speech.

LGBTQHJW7P_Community

Post by LGBTQHJW7P_Community »

Haha yeah other than those activities (or blatant spamming) forums of all kinds use he banhammer on people far too often. However, I am a member of a gaming forum where one member tried to murder another member and was not banned. Hopefully the moderation here isn't THAT soft ;)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Main thread is up here. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=472 Anything of importance/unimportance goes in there.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John Greg wrote:"Will I be able to get into friendly debates here without being called a racist/sexist/homophobe/MRA when we disagree?"

Mostly, yes, but not always always. However, there is an almost certain guarantee that even if the whole body of members disagrees with you, unless you utter blatant threats, doxx someone, or pose some sort of legal threat, you will not be moderated, edited, deleted, or banned.

Enjoy. One of the only places online that actually practices what it preaches when it comes to free speech.
Exactly. Murder, mayhem, or misogyny on your own time is ok. Doxxing, soxxing, and certain xxxing on Pit time is frowned upon.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

LGBTQHJW7P_Community wrote:Haha yeah other than those activities (or blatant spamming) forums of all kinds use he banhammer on people far too often. However, I am a member of a gaming forum where one member tried to murder another member and was not banned. Hopefully the moderation here isn't THAT soft ;)
"I am a member of a gaming forum where one member tried to murder another member and was not banned. Hopefully the moderation here isn't THAT soft ;)"

That would fall under rule #23B.
"Any member trying to kill another member shall be suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks and no longer than 6 if they apologize never to do it again.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

deLurch wrote:Just to review Sargoon's original objectives for the interview:

Not ignoring Strawks' admirable reply to this, but I agree with him and I feel that this should be covered relatively lightly - it's all available here without too much effort.

I'd suggest letting Sargo take the lead and concentrate on where we are now, with a little Pit history that he might find interesting. Focusing on the nearly now (at least 2015, with him showing Brive's admirable graphics?) means it'll all be more relevant to people who are not really Pit-aware.

THE FOLLOWING IS REALLY TOUGH TO WRITE, AND IT'S INVIDIOUS TO HAVE TO LEAVE PEOPLE OUT. SORRY, BUT WE NEED TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE SARGO CAN ACCOMMODATE.

As far as people go, I like the suggestions so far, but there are certain people I think it would be a crime to omit, if they are willing. These are Aneris, Skeppers, and ERV. Can each of you confirm yea or nay, please?

For the others, up to Sargo's max, I propose that for each vote >>already received<< for a participant who is willing, I put a slip into a hat and draw out names.

How does that sound? If we put on a good enough show, we may get another go, or maybe we could do a Tf00t hangout?

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Lsuoma wrote:As far as people go, I like the suggestions so far, but there are certain people I think it would be a crime to omit, if they are willing. These are Aneris, Skeppers, and ERV. Can each of you confirm yea or nay, please?
Aneris already stated that she isn't up for it on the prior page.

-Soylent f98

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Current & Finally Tally
Since the Fascist Tit has declared he is only counting votes already received, no more suggestions or suggestion counts will be added. May update availability/willingness status.

Facist Tit's Select
Lsuoma x5 {Willing & Able} (admin)
ERV {no response yet} (whose blog was the origin of the SlymePit) x5
Skep Tickle x6 {able but not sure} (moderator) (level headed, intelligent, non-bombastic, sensible, honest, and accurate)
Aneris x5 {unwilling} (one of the best thinkers on the forum, and incredibly knowledgeable about the philosophical basis of the SJWs)

[Willing & Able]
Kirbmarc x3
Spike13 x1

[Unknown x4 nomination]
Brive1987 x4 (who has a complete, coherent archive about the SJWs in the atheism, especially FreeThoughtBlogs)

[Unknown x3 nomination]
Rayshul x3 (lulzy/riot/assertive)

[Unkown x2 nomination]
Godfrey Elfwick x2

[Uknown x1 nomination]
Gumby (moderator)
AndrewV69
Tribble
Tigzy
Really?
Guestus Aurelius
Service Dog
Karmakin (Nice Insights)
Welch
Noel Plum

[Not Willing]
Dick Strawkins x2
Scented Nectar x2
John Greg (moderator)

Steersman x4
NecV20

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

If Aneris is out, the Facist Tit may want to substitute with person who is good an analyzing the SJW crowd and behaviors. The recommendation counts were not intended to be a final say on who should go, but to mentally kick around the possibilities, and help highlight some of our best candidates to make the decision process a little easier.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

deLurch wrote:If Aneris is out, the Facist Tit may want to substitute with person who is good an analyzing the SJW crowd and behaviors. The recommendation counts were not intended to be a final say on who should go, but to mentally kick around the possibilities, and help highlight some of our best candidates to make the decision process a little easier.
Anyone have any recommendations?

The votes will be used to drive a lottery, not to determine absolutely who goes on.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Lsuoma wrote:
deLurch wrote:If Aneris is out, the Facist Tit may want to substitute with person who is good an analyzing the SJW crowd and behaviors. The recommendation counts were not intended to be a final say on who should go, but to mentally kick around the possibilities, and help highlight some of our best candidates to make the decision process a little easier.
Anyone have any recommendations?

The votes will be used to drive a lottery, not to determine absolutely who goes on.
Kirbmarc, already nominated & 2nded a couple of times, and willing and able.

He not only has the analysis down, he put it to use in his experiment of becoming (and remaining in relatively good standing for a relatively long time) a member of the Atheism Plus Forum. I found it fascinating to watch him over there, appearing to fit in but poking at boundaries to test the reaction.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

While I was weighing different considerations, the one called "self-preservation" started shaming the others, no-platformed them, stomped on the scale, and declared victory. A reluctant Nay from me. I'll be watching, though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Rayshul/ERV/Brive1987 - are you willing to do this?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

People might be interested in specific major Pit 'accomplishments'. These include:

* Kirbmarc pwning PZ with his own anti-Islam words;
* Yeti & others busting Avicenna (including Ape+Lust's classic movie poster);
* Brive's thorough documentation of the Stollznow timeline & assorted hypocrisies;
* The running documentation of PZ's nastiness, all of which just happened to show up in Nugent's posts;
* Renee setting up Skepti-schism;

Minor things include:
* Poetry slamming Zvan;
* The Bjarte cartoons;
* Our ongoing love affair with HJ Hornbeck.

Please add any others I forgot.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:People might be interested in specific major Pit 'accomplishments'. These include:

* Brive's thorough documentation of the Stollznow timeline & assorted hypocrisies;
* The running documentation of PZ's nastiness, all of which just happened to show up in Nugent's posts;

Minor things include:
* Poetry slamming Zvan;
* The Bjarte cartoons;

The glorious Godfrey Elfwick saga, when Tony Parsehole trolled the BBC on air.

HunnyBunny busting Avicenna for serial plagiarism, just after PZ had defended Avi's implausible narrative about allegedely getting hate mail which was plagiarized by various sites.

Jan Steen, The Yeti and Brive1987 busting Dr. Phd. USMC Esq. Richard "my writing ends all rational debate" Carrier for being a serial liar, a lousy academic and an arrogant, ignorant wannabe polymath.

Getting Michael Nugent to start seeing PZ for the hateful, dogmatic asshole that he is (the whole "haven for rapists" smear saga).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I don't know if John's (G or D ? ) employment situation has changed - of if it needs to be mentioned so publically but it is another positive example of a Slymepit accomplishment.

Same deal with Comihc (sp) too.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Things are still not good for me (no work on the horizon despite daily searches and several applications -- I remain in one of the least employable demographics), so no, although I am endlessly grateful to the help and support provided by several Pit folk, I would very much rather that my circumstances not be used as some sort of Pit accomplishment thingy.

Thanks for mentioning it, though.

I think it both very sad and very telling that someone like Skep cannot, or would rather not be on this event simply because there is such a real chance of her being somehow sabotaged or threatened, real threat-threatened by some of the SJWs simply because of a difference of opinion. I think that should be primary part of the topic of this event. Talk about censorship! Jesus. Disgusting.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

"... my circumstances not be used as some sort of Pit accomplishment thingy."

Because my circumstances are not relevant to the Pit's putative purpose.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

John Greg wrote:Things are still not good for me (no work on the horizon despite daily searches and several applications -- I remain in one of the least employable demographics), so no, although I am endlessly grateful to the help and support provided by several Pit folk, I would very much rather that my circumstances not be used as some sort of Pit accomplishment thingy.

I think it both very sad and very telling that someone like Skep cannot, or would rather not be on this event simply because there is such a real chance of her being somehow sabotaged or threatened, real threat-threatened by some of the SJWs simply because of a difference of opinion. I think that should be primary part of the topic of this event. Talk about censorship! Jesus. Disgusting.
Not just me, of course. Dick Strawkins specifically mentioned risk of doxxing as a reason he ruled himself out, and undoubtedly several others feel that way.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Skep tickle wrote:
John Greg wrote:Things are still not good for me (no work on the horizon despite daily searches and several applications -- I remain in one of the least employable demographics), so no, although I am endlessly grateful to the help and support provided by several Pit folk, I would very much rather that my circumstances not be used as some sort of Pit accomplishment thingy.

Not just me, of course. Dick Strawkins specifically mentioned risk of doxxing as a reason he ruled himself out, and undoubtedly several others feel that way.
I'm not going on with my face, either - I'm currently Vice President on the board of a multi-million dollar charity, and there is no way I'm going to put them in the sights.

johnself

Post by johnself »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:People might be interested in specific major Pit 'accomplishments'. These include:

Minor things include:
* Poetry slamming Zvan;
* The Bjarte cartoons;

HunnyBunny busting Avicenna for serial plagiarism, just after PZ had defended Avi's implausible narrative about allegedely getting hate mail which was plagiarized by various sites.

Jan Steen, The Yeti and Brive1987 busting Dr. Phd. USMC Esq. Richard "my writing ends all rational debate" Carrier for being a serial liar, a lousy academic and an arrogant, ignorant wannabe polymath.

Getting Michael Nugent to start seeing PZ for the hateful, dogmatic asshole that he is (the whole "haven for rapists" smear saga).
omfg is there a link of this?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

johnself wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Minor things include:
* Poetry slamming Zvan;
* The Bjarte cartoons;

omfg is there a link of this?
[youtube]-OEtwtV9koE[/youtube]

And this is the first mention of Godfrey that I know of.

viewtopic.php?p=193923#p193923

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sargon will probably cover it anyway - but I might be an idea to cover a (very) brief history of the BlockBot as a pre-cursor to the GGBlocker.

As some of the same people were involved - and the same tactics were in play.

Although this is news to no one at this point.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Lsuoma wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

I'm not going on with my face, either - I'm currently Vice President on the board of a multi-million dollar charity, and there is no way I'm going to put them in the sights.
No need. We all know you look like a guy on the beach with nice tits!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Lsuoma wrote:Rayshul/ERV/Brive1987 - are you willing to do this?
I'd be willing in a very anonymous way because of the job I can't talk about... but I am on an NZ timezone which may make shit tricky. I also have around a million small children.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

rayshul wrote:
I'd be willing in a very anonymous way because of the job I can't talk about... but I am on an NZ timezone which may make shit tricky. I also have around a million small children.
Well load up a fresh youtube account with a profile pic.
Make sure your camera is turned off.

There was talk about voice changing software. Does anyone know anything about that?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I read up a little on "MorphVOX", doesn't have great ratings but you can download it & use it free for a trial period (something like 30 days). Haven't tried it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is it still 8.00am Sunday NSW time?

In principle I am in, I would need to sort some logistics. My partner is not terribly keen about "those weird people" I hang out with online.

;)

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

deLurch wrote:
rayshul wrote:

There was talk about voice changing software. Does anyone know anything about that?
I have an arsehole of an accent but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'll find an appropriately unmelike photograph. :D

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Current & Finally Tally
Since the Fascist Tit has declared he is only counting votes already received, no more suggestions or suggestion counts will be added. May update availability/willingness status.

Facist Tit's Select
Lsuoma x5 {Willing & Able} (admin)
Rayshul x3 {Willing & Able} (lulzy/riot/assertive)
Brive1987 x4 {Willing & Most Likely Able} (who has a complete, coherent archive about the SJWs in the atheism, especially FreeThoughtBlogs)
ERV {no response yet} (whose blog was the origin of the SlymePit) x5

[Willing & Able]
Kirbmarc x3
Spike13 x1

[Unkown x2 nomination]
Godfrey Elfwick x2

[Uknown x1 nomination]
Gumby (moderator)
AndrewV69
Tribble
Tigzy
Really?
Guestus Aurelius
Service Dog
Karmakin (Nice Insights)
Welch
Noel Plum

[Not Willing]
Dick Strawkins x2
Scented Nectar x2
John Greg (moderator)
Skep Tickle x6 {able but not sure} (moderator) (level headed, intelligent, non-bombastic, sensible, honest, and accurate)

Aneris x5 {unwilling} (one of the best thinkers on the forum, and incredibly knowledgeable about the philosophical basis of the SJWs)

Steersman x4
NecV20

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If it was me - I wouldn't put in a vote for Noel Plum. Not that I have anything against him - he is certainly familiar with all the main players - but most of his work has been done on his own channel rather than at the Slyme Pit, and Sargon has already done a one-on-one interview with him.

Also - for any casual readers - here are some resources to get you up to speed / fill in background detail.

Blog:
http://skeptischism.com/

Podcasts:
http://skeptischism.com/cgipc/
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chill_girl ... _corvettes [has anyone heard from R Kelly recently?]

Reapsow radio - Podcast
http://www.modernsatanism.net/reap/

Apostasy Now - Dragonbeard
http://apostasynow.net/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Did a quick draw this morning, and assuming Sargers will allow five we have:

1. Me
2. Rayshul
3. Brive1987
4. ERV, if willing - Abbie, please confirm.
5. Kirbmarc

If Abbie doesn't want to do it, I suggest just the four of us, since Sargon mentioned 2-3 initially.

Thanks to all people interested. If this works out, maybe we could get a slot with Noel Plum, Tf00t, Sargon (again), or maybe a hangout?

Anyway, let's get Saturday behind us first, then survey the landscape wreckage.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:If it was me - I wouldn't put in a vote for Noel Plum. Not that I have anything against him - he is certainly familiar with all the main players - but most of his work has been done on his own channel rather than at the Slyme Pit, and Sargon has already done a one-on-one interview with him.

Also - for any casual readers - here are some resources to get you up to speed / fill in background detail.

Blog:
http://skeptischism.com/

Podcasts:
http://skeptischism.com/cgipc/
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chill_girl ... _corvettes [has anyone heard from R Kelly recently?]

Reapsow radio - Podcast
http://www.modernsatanism.net/reap/

Apostasy Now - Dragonbeard
http://apostasynow.net/
He was never in my running. He's not a Pitter, end of story,

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: He was never in my running. He's not a Pitter, end of story,

Terminate him

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Stats:

Lsuoma: Joined at the epoch, 6757 posts
rayshul: Joined Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am, 3218 posts
Brive1987: Joined Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am, 6688 posts
Kirbmarc: Joined Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am, 2891 posts
ERV: Joined Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm, 1348 posts

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

That sounds like a good lineup.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Skep tickle wrote:I read up a little on "MorphVOX", doesn't have great ratings but you can download it & use it free for a trial period (something like 30 days). Haven't tried it.
There's an app called "HeliumBalloon." Doesn't have great ratings but you can 'download' it for something like 5 minutes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote:
deLurch wrote:
rayshul wrote: quote="Lsuoma"]Rayshul/ERV/Brive1987 - are you willing to do this?/quote]

There is an Aussie, an English Yank, and some foreign Yurpean on the panel and you are worried about your accent?!

Dan

Post by Dan »

This might be useful for pit historians on thhe live stream https://rationalugandan.wordpress.com/2 ... slime-pit/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma wrote:4. ERV, if willing - Abbie, please confirm.
Keep in mind most people don't view stuff outside of the main thread, not to mention she tends to stay busy with off-line activities. So if you haven't PMed her, I would say the odds of her seeing the request are low.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Lsuoma wrote:Did a quick draw this morning, and assuming Sargers will allow five we have:

1. Me
2. Rayshul
3. Brive1987
5. Kirbmarc

If Abbie doesn't want to do it, I suggest just the four of us, since Sargon mentioned 2-3 initially.

Thanks to all people interested. If this works out, maybe we could get a slot with Noel Plum, Tf00t, Sargon (again), or maybe a hangout?

It's not like anyone here's going to mock or ridicule you guys at the slightest miss-step, have fun!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:

There is an Aussie, an English Yank, and some foreign Yurpean on the panel and you are worried about your accent?![/quote]

She probably sounds like a Westie !

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Lsuoma wrote:Did a quick draw this morning, and assuming Sargers will allow five we have:

1. Me
2. Rayshul
3. Brive1987
5. Kirbmarc

Excellent job, looking forward to hearing you all!

Relax, I bet this will be more fun than any of you expect!

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

fuck , 5am Sunday morning. Will it be viewable afterwards?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It's also important to note that, in addition to our anti-SJW stuff, the Pit is a chat board with a wide variety of topics discussed.

We recommend movies, music & books; talk corded vs. cordless power tools; health & medicine; genetics & evolution; cosmology & the properties of dwarf stars; history - military, the historicity of Jesus, for two examples; current events; lifestyle; trade stories and give virtual hugs {{{}}}.

Pitizens come from a range of backgrounds, and many are experts in their fields. We have physicians & physicists, geneticists & researchers, teachers & professors, musicians & writers, coders & cowboys/cowherds.

The biggest draw for me is the humor. In addition to the running, inside jokes there's much witticism, one-liners, and gentle teasing & self-deprecation. We certainly don't take ourselves, or the Pit, all that seriously. Our levity stands in stark contrast to the perpetually dour SJWs.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:We recommend movies, music & books; talk corded vs. cordless power tools; health & medicine; genetics & evolution; cosmology & the properties of dwarf stars; history - military, the historicity of Jesus, for two examples; current events; lifestyle; trade stories and give virtual hugs {{{}}}.
And all virtual hugs in this thread belong to me. Don't anyone dare try to steal my virtual hugs. /jk

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Just a side note. If virtual chats are all that popular, nothing prevents us from hosting our own, and as many as we want, whenever we want.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HunnyBunny wrote:fuck , 5am Sunday morning. Will it be viewable afterwards?
Yes. Sorry, we really do have a global presence. Hard to get a time zone that works for everyone, but Skeptical did a commendable job of snagging a reasonable time that works for those being interviewed.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:fuck , 5am Sunday morning. Will it be viewable afterwards?
Yes. Sorry, we really do have a global presence. Hard to get a time zone that works for everyone, but Skeptical did a commendable job of snagging a reasonable time that works for those being interviewed.
I'm sure that the stream will be saved afterwards on Sargon's channel - that appears to be SOP.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:We recommend movies, music & books; talk corded vs. cordless power tools; health & medicine; genetics & evolution; cosmology & the properties of dwarf stars; history - military, the historicity of Jesus, for two examples; current events; lifestyle; trade stories and give virtual hugs {{{}}}.
And all virtual hugs in this thread belong to me. Don't anyone dare try to steal my virtual hugs. /jk
Just stop bogarting the Ethereal Tray of Imaginary Desserts!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:Just a side note. If virtual chats are all that popular, nothing prevents us from hosting our own, and as many as we want, whenever we want.
Don't forget SlymeStock.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Check here for your local timing of the live stream.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=769&ah=2

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Well, we're now less than 24h from the proposed time and Sargo hasn't given any more details, so this might not be happening this week.