Ah fuck it, I gave Atheism+ another go

Double wank and shit chips
Nec_V20

Ah fuck it, I gave Atheism+ another go

Post by Nec_V20 »

So after my first banning I decided to mend some fences. Seriously, that's what I thought I was doing.

The results can be seen in this thread - it only took me one thread to be banned again.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 85#p109285

I only started the thread as a Douglas Adams "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish" post.

Then I got sucked into their holier than thou drivel.

The thread ended with a poster AlexSeanchai writing:
Let me try again. Go edit that post to put in a MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING FOR VIOLENCE (as you see, I have now read the tl;dr), and then STOP SHITTING ON COGNITIVELY DISABLED PEOPLE.
and my replying:
OK, I am really sorry that you are cognitively disabled and will try not to reply to you in future.

How's that?
This was a guy who was having a go at me which started off with his post on the thread:
tl;dr: you still do not get to shit on cognitively disabled people.
This was after I had posted the following to someone who is also autistic and thought I had something in common with him at school:
Sorry, that was my bad. It's always the way that for instance when one points out the bad spelling in someone's post one usually makes spelling mistakes in one's own reply.

I had a number of replies with "I know someone who is autistic ..." and what stuck with me in your post was that you referred to others and the fact that you are autistic - and said so - went under. I was thus guilty of what I accused you of, I didn't read - or remember - your post correctly and I read into your post.

Before seeing what was done with the "Autism Awareness Month" which turned out to be a complete pity party of parents and how they were burdened with their autistic children, I wasn't really sensitive on the matter of autism. That month, and the articles I read just completely angered me. If "normals" can, by extension slag me off as a burden then turn around is fair dinkum on my part. I could only think of the outrage there would be if there were a "Homosexual Awareness Month" and the only people one heard from were parents worried about their kids not being normal and never hearing anything from any homosexuals themselves.

Actually I had other things to worry about when I was at school.

A brief history, my mother married a Scotsman and when I was about eight months old my father - in Scotland - had a massive heart attack. My father's loving relatives (because social security was not as it is now and my mother had to go out to work to keep a roof over our heads) told my mother to her face that they were, "Not going to take care of a Nazi bitch's offspring". I forgot to mention that the year was 1960 when this happened.

My mother's mother in Germany said that they would take care of me, so at the tender age of nine months I was bundled off to Germany.

Fast forward a few years and my parents got a letter stating that they had a child (me) and he was not in school. This is an offence in Scotland and because I was technically a British citizen I had to go to school in Scotland. So my mother came over to collect me. I overheard a stranger (my mother) talking to my grandmother about taking me away. When it came time to look for me I was nowhere to be found. My uncle found me about five or so miles away walking along the road, tears blinding me, with a satchel around my shoulders with an apple and a sandwich in it.

My mother decided trying to take me back herself would be a bad idea, so my aunt had the great idea to go on holiday. The holiday of course was in Scotland and they made it as nice as possible for me and when I was asked if I wanted to stay on after my aunt had to leave I said yes.

So then I found out that I was not going back to Germany any time soon and I had to go to school in Scotland not being able to speak one word of English.

So there I was In Scotland in 1965 as a "Kraut" (and not able to hide it) in a Scottish school.

By the time I was 16 I had had (according to medical records) nine ribs broken multiply, my nosebone broken at least 15 times, my breastbone broken three times and my skull broken three times (resulting, in one case, in my heart stopping in hospital and having to be resuscitated) and of course my jaw broken a few times. I broke as many bones back as I had broken (not really satisfying because all my broken bones were in one person and theirs was in tens of people - one time I left someone for dead who had a go at me with a straight razor and I crapped myself for days until I discovered that they had not found a dead body in the area); and one story my mother recounted was of she and I having to go in front of the headmaster of the school after a teacher had seen me fighting with someone and then taking his arm, placing it on the kerb and stamping upon it to break it. I was asked by the headmaster (with the other guy present with his arm in a cast and his mother), "How long do you think this can continue" and at the ripe old age of eight years old I replied, "Until one of us dies".

There was a park directly across from where I lived and I could not go into the park without going home via the hospital. Just to protect my health I was sent to Germany every school holiday, where the reception I got from the people around me was the direct opposite of what I was experiencing in Scotland.

Perhaps that is why my autism wasn't detected when I was young, because I had a reason for my "quirky" or weird behaviour.

The irony of it all is that our German family name is "Jacobi" (House of Jacob/Israel). Go figure.

I have first hand experience of the worst and the best of people.

So I think your experience of school was quite different from mine.

You guys got hung up on one phrase I used and in the context it was that if the "normals" are going to characterise me in the way they did during the "Autism Awareness Month" then I can, from my own perspective characterise what I have experienced of "normals". Your gang bang peer pressure to "reform" doesn't work, I have had far worse "peer pressure" to denounce my German mother and relatives when I was at school. It just sends me into stubborn mode.
You can look up the whole thread for any other context.

But I ask you in all fairness, what did I do to get banned - again?

BlueShiftRhino

Re: Ah fuck it, I gave Atheism+ another go

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

They told you five times to stop calling stupid people stupid, but you kept doing it. If you really didn't see the ban coming then you're ... oh, wait, it would be ableist to call you that. :)

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:They told you five times to stop calling stupid people stupid, but you kept doing it. If you really didn't see the ban coming then you're ... oh, wait, it would be ableist to call you that. :)
Honestly (whenever someone says "honestly" you know whatever follows is going to be a lie, but in this case it is the exception) I did not see that coming.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

OK, but that's still why it happened.

Look, I'm close to giving up on them. My thread on why "extraordinary claim require extraordinary evidence" was pretty much ruined by some British guy who has no idea what "objective" and "subjective" actually mean. In the more recent thread in the creationism sub-forum, one of the regulars made it clear that he, she, ze, or it doesn't know evolutionary theory enough to be posting or is very sloppy in how he, she, ze, or it uses technical terms. I asked them to "please" not do that because it opens the door to folks ignoring science and was first told that "sometimes you gotta sacrifice accuracy for comprehension" (which could be the SJW's motto, in my opinion) and then told that I wasn't nice enough when I posted my correction. In other words, fuck accuracy; it's watered-down, popular science expressed in a way that doesn't hurt fee-fees that is desired.

Count your blessings that you're banned.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

BlueShiftRhino, on the off-chance that you are not familiar with it, one of the oft' preferred pronouns around here to cover he, she, ze, or it, and similar multi-choicing, is s/h/it.

/just sayin

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Ah, I'd been wondering about that one.

ps. I'm coming around to supporting your whole hall-monitor thing, as long as it gets rid of the #movieplots crap. :)

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:OK, but that's still why it happened.

Look, I'm close to giving up on them. My thread on why "extraordinary claim require extraordinary evidence" was pretty much ruined by some British guy who has no idea what "objective" and "subjective" actually mean. In the more recent thread in the creationism sub-forum, one of the regulars made it clear that he, she, ze, or it doesn't know evolutionary theory enough to be posting or is very sloppy in how he, she, ze, or it uses technical terms. I asked them to "please" not do that because it opens the door to folks ignoring science and was first told that "sometimes you gotta sacrifice accuracy for comprehension" (which could be the SJW's motto, in my opinion) and then told that I wasn't nice enough when I posted my correction. In other words, fuck accuracy; it's watered-down, popular science expressed in a way that doesn't hurt fee-fees that is desired.

Count your blessings that you're banned.
I have personally seen the mechanisms of destruction which are at work within Atheism+ in Germany with the Green Party.

We had an influx of the "Social Justice" types and we ended up splitting into the "Realos" and the "Fundies". The end of the story was that the "Fundies" (Fundamentalists as they called themselves) ended up imploding; however in the mean time they had so destroyed any relationship they may have had with us that they became outcasts.

When they thought they were in the ascendency they pretty much tried to excommunicate people like me, and I do not turn the other cheek. As far as I was concerned I would not piss on them if they were burning.

The thing is that what happened with the Fundies is what is going to happen with Atheism+. The "purity" level will become ever narrower and stricter and people will be ostracised. The "leaders" will then be struggling for ever larger portions of an ever shrinking pie and it will splinter and fracture.

"Dictionary atheists" will still be around and going strong and I for one will not be willing to welcome these people back. They had their chance with me and they blew it.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

In case you care, I said good-bye to the A+ folks a few days ago. It seemed better to walk away (then) than to wait until I lost my self-control and said something to get myself banned.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:In case you care, I said good-bye to the A+ folks a few days ago. It seemed better to walk away (then) than to wait until I lost my self-control and said something to get myself banned.
I just feel sorry for the sheeple who get sucked in in the mean time.