#ftbullies

A place to discuss the foibles of our favourite bloggers
AndrewV69

#ftbullies

Post by AndrewV69 »

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23ftbullies

Going strong. Some pretty funny comments.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: #ftbullies

Post by Lsuoma »

So, the Baboollies appear to have discovered the Streisand Effect...

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I don't really get this -- I'm not a twitter twit. What are they doing with these Hashtag things? Making fun of themselves? Trying to be ironic?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John Greg wrote:I don't really get this -- I'm not a twitter twit. What are they doing with these Hashtag things? Making fun of themselves? Trying to be ironic?
My guess is they are trying to drown out people like Paula Kirby.

Of course it is only me, but I have always viewed this sort of thing as childish.

<giggles>

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Daniel Fincke ‏@CamelsHammers

#FTBullies are about to confuse a lot of people who see it trending and have no idea what it is. Will they stop at nothing to confuse?

lol

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If I was an FTB Bully I'd use the #ftbullies hashtag. Hashtag.
No!

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

AndrewV69 wrote:My guess is they are trying to drown out people like Paula Kirby.
Which, of course, isn't bullying at all. Fucking retards are self-parodying.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@Tristan July 3, 11:29 pm
I’m not a twitterer, but I just scrolled down (and down, and down…) the #FTBullies live feed. Holy fuck, that’s retarded.

Using weight of numbers and ridicule to drown out all opposing voices? Yeah, they’re not #FTBullies at all.
You got it!
Last edited by AndrewV69 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Andrew - slightly different quoting style - BBCode, not HTML. I fixed your post for you (that bastard Lsuoma, already editing posts!!!)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:Andrew - slightly different quoting style - BBCode, not HTML. I fixed your post for you (that bastard Lsuoma, already editing posts!!!)
Thanks! I was just about to correct it too.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tristan wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:My guess is they are trying to drown out people like Paula Kirby.
Which, of course, isn't bullying at all. Fucking retards are self-parodying.
Which is why it is so funny. No introspection at all.

franc

Post by franc »

John Greg wrote:I don't really get this -- I'm not a twitter twit. What are they doing with these Hashtag things? Making fun of themselves? Trying to be ironic?
It's their latest attempt to "pharyngulate" something - deform it with bad data. They used to do it in polls - now they are pitifully ineffectual so they stopped. More recently, retard roll call on ERV - "NO!"

Hastags are just ways to track conversations, search => hashtag, get the thread.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

franc wrote:
It's their latest attempt to "pharyngulate" something - deform it with bad data. They used to do it in polls - now they are pitifully ineffectual so they stopped. More recently, retard roll call on ERV - "NO!"

Hastags are just ways to track conversations, search => hashtag, get the thread.
Ah! The retard roll call. I saw that on my first visit at the slimepit. I was startled at some of the people I saw on that one. And one that made me sad, because I expected better from her.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So now Paula Kirby gets to see exactly what other have been talking about AND a self-identified list of the people who do this kind of thing.

So the question is:

Did Paula suspect that they would respond like this, or did she inadvertently set them up?

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

So, all this inspired me to sign up and pen my first ever tweet.

Fuck me - I'm a twit. :?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

For those who aren't twitter literate, hashtagging is like filing your tweet under a certain topic, which then "trends" if a lot of people do it, which then means it gets seen by a shitload of people. A few people were hashtagging their tweets about the silencing tactics at fftb as #ftbullies, the fftbers had attempted to counter with #weloveftb but it didn't seem to be going anywhere lol, so they hijacked the bullies hashtag with a version of dear Muslima via tweet, they still don't get irony. (Ophelia, seemed to lead the charge, with what looked to me like a crazy tweet a second)

No matter, they don't understand how the game is played :evil: they think they've won a battle, and distracted from the thunderfoot/laden bs, but they don't see the chi.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Tristan wrote:So, all this inspired me to sign up and pen my first ever tweet.

Fuck me - I'm a twit. :?

Really!? That inspired me to stay very far away from twitter.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

Well, I must admit it gave me some diversion whilst cooking the dinner.
Of course, there are the core idiots. But I do think that there is a considerable number of people that are unaware of any context and are just "going-along", convinced (out of the corner of their eye) that they are helping some sort of cause. Hipster skeptics, who [perhaps]replaced one authority for another, never really getting the "investigate claims" bit.

Evan

Post by Evan »

One pro-FTB tweeter tweets a little too close to the truth:
https://twitter.com/Research2BeDone/sta ... 9327291393
#FTBullies‬: Tweeting the opposition into submission!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

AndrewV69 wrote:Did Paula suspect that they would respond like this, or did she inadvertently set them up?
The Baboons are as predictable as a Rocky film script. Except, they always lose.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Hotshoe says: (http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-213163)
Paula Kirby sucks at teh Internets
Well, at least he/she hasn't suggested Paula go commit suicide. The wankshaft. He/she is perfectly home at Ophelia's shitpit.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Thunderf00t made a new video.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Tristan wrote:So, all this inspired me to sign up and pen my first ever tweet.
Now that the faithful have crashed the party, it may be time to create more obscure hashtags in order to carve out a "safe space" for dissent. :lol:

A few suggestions for your consideration:
#GroupThinkBlogs #FtBlumpkins #FtBaboollies

You get the idea.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

How old are these people? They are behaving like children. My own daughter was more mature than this in her teenage years. Amazingly immature for grown people.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dilurk

Exactamundo. That is the chi of the cheng. Firstly they do their standard stunt of piling on anything they view as threatening, secondly dismissing out of hand that what they do is actually bullying, and doing a dear Muslima into the bargain. They are blinded by their dogma, and therefore can't but help to demonstrate to the world just how irrational, dogmatic, and cult like they actually are. The beauty is in the reality, that they will destroy themselves, they can't help it it's their nature because they are utterly in denial.

The cherry just happens to be that skeptics and atheists of the serious variety, and not the pop garden, teen skepty cool, we r da l8test thang, fad emo brigade, see these balloons for who and what they are. Which in theory should limit their speaking gigs to the idiot conferences.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

For reference to those who are asking "what the fuck chi wan chan whi who?" below is a nice applicative and musing on the theory.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA470026

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

masakari2012 wrote:Thunderf00t made a new video.

Nice video! One of the comments nails the problem right on the head, there are multiple 'sects' of feminism not just one. In fact many people who would have been proud to call themselves 'feminists' in the past no longer do, because of the extremist feminists who have tainted the word. Sad.

I don't suppose TF will show up here.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

And that is the problem with feminism...... It's like christianity, you can never nail an adherent down on what the fuck they actually believe, and they provide cover for the extreme wing ( because they have no real objection to it) that men are to blame for absolutely every fucking woe a woman has.

Feminism is by it's most basic tenents divisive, it is not about equality, it is a belief system which in order to have any functional credence relies on perpetuting gender politics.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Just in case anyone wants to jump in on a new tag:
http://twitter.com/search/%23FtBlumpkins

The Pelagic Argosy

Post by The Pelagic Argosy »

I'm not a Twit, and never shall be, but I'm reading a post where the Pharyngulites were yucking it up over their wittily subversive contributions to this hashtag. Oh, my poor sides! Someone call a lolbulance as I think I'm about to have a hernia of hilarity. All sarcasm aside, this latest episode of circle-jerking the wagons is one of their most smugly pathetic efforts yet.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Yeah, the FTBullies seem convinced that their hijacking the hashtag has rendered its meaning useless. I'm not so sure. A reckon a lot of people will question it and look for the facts. Hopefully, they find the The Slyme Pit. The longer the controversy rumbles on, the more the FC5 will be hurt.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Impeccable logic.

Thinking back over the past six months of SlimePit MKI, I recall quite a few individuals who came late to this party, read up at multiple sites and just wanted to register their disgust with the baboon's collective behavior. Seems like quite a few of the outside folks with some degree of name recognition who have dared to weigh in publicly have done so by expressing disappointment with baboon behavior. I am just not seeing the baboons coming across well to those who did not already have a dog in this race. So let them fly that tag and shine an even bigger spotlight upon them.

Gilmarget

Post by Gilmarget »

Last edited by Aneris on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spam

JoeKith

Spam

Post by JoeKith »

Last edited by Skep tickle on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Yeah, the FTBullies seem convinced that their hijacking the hashtag has rendered its meaning useless. I'm not so sure. A reckon a lot of people will question it and look for the facts. Hopefully, they find the The Slyme Pit. The longer the controversy rumbles on, the more the FC5 will be hurt.

Turns out the #FtBullies just didn't have the stamina . . . as the hashtag rolls on through the years.

ffs

Post by ffs »

Sanderson still really likes it.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

ffs wrote:Sanderson still really likes it.
Well, it’s his baby.

Probably subsumed by #RegressiveLeft these days.