Access / Non-access to Admin Forums

More fun than a liquid sodium enema
John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Access / Non-access to Admin Forums

Post by John Greg »

Do you think it might be a useful idea to make the forums listed under Admin accessible only to registered memebers? I see no reason why anyone who is not a member would need to see the boring nuts and bolts of daily fixes.

I understand that this might be a slippery slope type of issue -- if today we can limit these people from these forums, tomorrow we can limit even more people from even more forums -- so if it is, please ignore my suggestion.

Badger3k

Re: Access / Non-access to Admin Forums

Post by Badger3k »

Well, not to push the slippery slope, but over at After the Bar Closes, people can post wherever (not sure about the admin) but some people who've proven to be trolls (JoeG, other IDiots) end up having their posts redirected to their own threads (named for them) so they won't be spamming and threadjacking every thread. They can post all they want, and aren't censored, but are limited to only doing it in one thread. I suggest keeping that option for some of the more abusive posters from elsewhere, if they do it here.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Badger3k wrote:Well, not to push the slippery slope, but over at After the Bar Closes, people can post wherever (not sure about the admin) but some people who've proven to be trolls (JoeG, other IDiots) end up having their posts redirected to their own threads (named for them) so they won't be spamming and threadjacking every thread. They can post all they want, and aren't censored, but are limited to only doing it in one thread. I suggest keeping that option for some of the more abusive posters from elsewhere, if they do it here.
I like this...

Not sure whether I can do that here automatically, but there is no reason why it couldn't be done manually. Set up a an isolated forum where people can either have their own sub forums, or just post threads at the top level.

Assuming that we don't get superslammed by nasty types, that is probably very manageable. If it does get too bad I'll close down posting and make the changes.

0verlord

Post by 0verlord »

I don't think it's useful to have a "back channel." I know that's not the intention but I see the accusations flying already. Maybe not allow non-members to post, but the forums should be 100% transparent. If we don't want to be bothered by it, we won't read it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

0verlord wrote:I don't think it's useful to have a "back channel." I know that's not the intention but I see the accusations flying already. Maybe not allow non-members to post, but the forums should be 100% transparent. If we don't want to be bothered by it, we won't read it.
Accusations of what by whom?

People who don't like this are less than the dust beneath my chariot wheels (let's see if that will get transformed into a threat to run the fuck over someone...)

0verlord

Post by 0verlord »

Accusations of behind-the-scenes maneuvering by people who want to paint "us" in a bad light.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

0verlord wrote:Accusations of behind-the-scenes maneuvering by people who want to paint "us" in a bad light.
I don't give a flying fuck about what anyone thinks. And don't forget, private messaging is available on this board - would you have me disable that?

0verlord

Post by 0verlord »

Nope.