You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post a reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are OFF

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10160

by John D » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:22 am

This is long... but it is really good.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10159

by John D » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:41 am

On some of the really cheap file cabinets you can get to the lock rod by tipping them over. Sometimes the bottoms are partially open. You can then muscle the rod out of the notches on the drawers.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10158

by screwtape » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 am

Yes, picking locks is fun and much easier than you'd think. But if there is a need for speed and no inclination to be calm and careful with your paperclip, I'd recommend an angle grinder. Non-destructive? Cut the hole on the back and replace the filing cabinet against a wall. No one need ever know.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10157

by Fegg » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:36 am

franc wrote: a) I'm sorry for crap. Been living in crazy town for 6 months.

b) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -
99% of filing cabinet locks should be very easy to pick - even for an absolute beginner. There are lots of videos on youtube showing how. While I recommend the purchase of proper lockpicking tools, you can make a good tension wrench by bending a windshield wiper insert and you can make an adequate pick for this purpose from a bent trombone paper clip.

Any decent locksmith should have no trouble with 99.9% of filing cabinet locks, but he will probably charge you as much as any other repairman charges to come to your house to fix something.

B.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10156

by franc » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:23 am

a) I'm sorry for crap. Been living in crazy town for 6 months.

b) I need a theoretical criminal urgently. My crazy mother locked this thing, hid the key in a "safe place", it contains vital documents, she's blaming it all on me for locking it and I need the best non destructive way to open it -



This is kinda fucking important. Like roof over head important.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10155

by Bhurzum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:23 pm

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: We should start by calling this thing the Xiaoping virus, or the Winnie the Ping virus just to get the malevolent old codger really steamed.
We're calling it "One Party Pneumonia" because...well, communism.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10154

by ThreeFlangedJavis » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 pm

Keating wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:04 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The left-leaning MSM only care about attacking Trump to the extent that they will deny any of the many threats posed by the CCP. It isn't a stretch to characterise them as treasonous in as much as they actually understand how removed from reality they are. The CCP isn't just buying the WHO, they have been after all of the UN's special councils. But the mendacious, incoherent and corrupt Joe said they're good guys so lets go with that. It says a lot that the Democrats are prepared to back a candidate who can't remember a question long enough to answer it properly, forgets who he's talking to and probably even forgets where he is.
I've been wondering about how to respond to all this. I think this is going to be the collapse of the current political order over the next decade. There were already cracks showing, and I don't see a way out for things to go back to "normal". So, the question is, how do we prevent China being extremely powerful in the next order?

It seems to me the way we name viruses actually is important. Given that something like 80% of new flu like viruses have come out of China in the past half century, if most of them had been called some variant of "Chinese virus", rather than names like SARS, China would have been far more motivated to improve sanitation and conditions, rather then keep things as they are. It doesn't really matter whether it came from a wet market or a fuck up at a Chinese lab to this view. This actually goes back to the way SJWs corrupt language. The same logic that was used to avoid casting 'blame' on the origins of new diseases, was instrumental in allowing this to happen.

The second thought I'm developing is, given that we've already lost a bunch of rights under the emergency provisions, especially freedom of association (with many actively cheering this on), I'm coming around to the idea of forcibly acquiring all assets and land owned by any Chinese businesses or nationals within Australia as compensation. Once purged of the Chinese influence, they can then be reprivatised. I don't otherwise see a way to extract compensation from China. (And to be clear, there's an obvious difference between the people who happen to live in China and the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP carries the blame. But, I don't think we can trust anyone who maintains Chinese citizenship.)

The worst scenario I can think of, is China coming out of this powerful enough to control, or at least significantly shape, the new world order. They are certainly moving to try and position themselves well. The only saving grace thus far is that they keep fucking things up. What we really need is men with chests, as CS Lewis would put it, but I don't see too many of them around. A very real weakness of liberal democracies is that they are inherently short term focused, because all that matters is the next election, never what's going to happen a few decades from now. I think that's largely a result of technology, although it could also be that liberal democracies in question were all relatively young. There's something to be said for starting a Cathedral over hundreds of years that you won't be alive to see finished. It's the same motivation that has us plant trees that we will never enjoy the shade of. How do we incentivise that in liberal democracies without losing freedoms? It think it requires re-examining the duty side of the right-duty ledger. I think that is the only way out now. The alternative is going to be more and more being forced to say things we know to be false.
We should start by calling this thing the Xiaoping virus, or the Winnie the Ping virus just to get the malevolent old codger really steamed. The Chinese rot in the West is quite scary. Never mind the property markets and all that kind of thing, it's the way the Chinese govt have bought so many politicians, wormed their way into research institutions and taken control of so many vital technologies that is really worrying. European nations are actually arguing over whether or not they should let the Chinese dominate 5G tech! It shouldn't even be a question. I don't think the Americans can rely on the Republicans to act. Trump is on the money when it comes to the CCP but the party itself is packed with establishment insiders.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10153

by Keating » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:04 pm

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The left-leaning MSM only care about attacking Trump to the extent that they will deny any of the many threats posed by the CCP. It isn't a stretch to characterise them as treasonous in as much as they actually understand how removed from reality they are. The CCP isn't just buying the WHO, they have been after all of the UN's special councils. But the mendacious, incoherent and corrupt Joe said they're good guys so lets go with that. It says a lot that the Democrats are prepared to back a candidate who can't remember a question long enough to answer it properly, forgets who he's talking to and probably even forgets where he is.
I've been wondering about how to respond to all this. I think this is going to be the collapse of the current political order over the next decade. There were already cracks showing, and I don't see a way out for things to go back to "normal". So, the question is, how do we prevent China being extremely powerful in the next order?

It seems to me the way we name viruses actually is important. Given that something like 80% of new flu like viruses have come out of China in the past half century, if most of them had been called some variant of "Chinese virus", rather than names like SARS, China would have been far more motivated to improve sanitation and conditions, rather then keep things as they are. It doesn't really matter whether it came from a wet market or a fuck up at a Chinese lab to this view. This actually goes back to the way SJWs corrupt language. The same logic that was used to avoid casting 'blame' on the origins of new diseases, was instrumental in allowing this to happen.

The second thought I'm developing is, given that we've already lost a bunch of rights under the emergency provisions, especially freedom of association (with many actively cheering this on), I'm coming around to the idea of forcibly acquiring all assets and land owned by any Chinese businesses or nationals within Australia as compensation. Once purged of the Chinese influence, they can then be reprivatised. I don't otherwise see a way to extract compensation from China. (And to be clear, there's an obvious difference between the people who happen to live in China and the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP carries the blame. But, I don't think we can trust anyone who maintains Chinese citizenship.)

The worst scenario I can think of, is China coming out of this powerful enough to control, or at least significantly shape, the new world order. They are certainly moving to try and position themselves well. The only saving grace thus far is that they keep fucking things up. What we really need is men with chests, as CS Lewis would put it, but I don't see too many of them around. A very real weakness of liberal democracies is that they are inherently short term focused, because all that matters is the next election, never what's going to happen a few decades from now. I think that's largely a result of technology, although it could also be that liberal democracies in question were all relatively young. There's something to be said for starting a Cathedral over hundreds of years that you won't be alive to see finished. It's the same motivation that has us plant trees that we will never enjoy the shade of. How do we incentivise that in liberal democracies without losing freedoms? It think it requires re-examining the duty side of the right-duty ledger. I think that is the only way out now. The alternative is going to be more and more being forced to say things we know to be false.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10152

by Service Dog » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:36 pm

I showed my dog. He has a boner now.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10151

by Bhurzum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:11 pm

MarcusAu wrote: Though personally, I'm hoping for more pictures of cute Scottish girls.
Normally I'd be duty-bound to windpipe you for that but:

1) I'm learning to deal with my savagery
2) I'm very proud of my kids
3) They're from the finest of stock (me!) so praise for them is praise for me ;)

Ok, ok, since you asked, I'll link a few more...

Recent pic of Tori...

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EAF2E31

Love this pic - they look so happy!

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EAEF1ED

On a side-note, last night I found out that the puppy I bought Tori eight years ago...

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EACB379

...is still with us! He's called "Alfie", is still full-of-beans and has never needed a vet!

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EAFB6C8

Last pic of Tori - complete with SJW dye-job.

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EADE09C

Brittany & Alfie :D

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EAD5F0E

I'll stop there. Got nearly ten years worth of pictures and will spam the forum with the lot. Go ahead, call my bluff!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10150

by Lsuoma » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

My first wife worked on Ivermectin when she was at Merck, and we used to give it to our horsies too.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10149

by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:45 am

Bhurzum wrote: Yet another possible 'rona-killer:
Coronavirus Australia: Ivermectin, Anti-parasitic drug kills COVID-19 in lab
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... d890bd4c2c
An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
Fingers crossed, huh?
$1.99 for a 1,200 lb. dose

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.htm ... 3D88C2C257

Glad I'm stocked up at the barn, as there'll surely be a panic run on this now.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10148

by MarcusAu » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:58 am

Bhurzum wrote: Fingers crossed, huh?
That's all well and good.

Though personally, I'm hoping for more pictures of cute Scottish girls.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10147

by Bhurzum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 am

Yet another possible 'rona-killer:
Coronavirus Australia: Ivermectin, Anti-parasitic drug kills COVID-19 in lab
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... d890bd4c2c
An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
Fingers crossed, huh?

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10146

by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:38 am

Amanda Marcotte, who never met a rape accusation she didn’t unreservedly believe, has yet again gained gained notoriety, this time for ‘splaining why we all should dismiss the sexual assault accusation against Joe Biden by Tara Reade.

TL;DR: because the accuser:
- Has changed her story several times;
- Waited decades to come out;
- Admits there were no witnesses;
- Is a Bernie supporter, thus obviously politically motivated;
- Has used different aliases in her life;
- Has 'daddy abused me as a child' issues;
- Is clearly batshit crazy in general.

Thank you, Amanda, for establishing that set of litmus tests. That bouquet of flowers is from Brett Kavanaugh, btw.

Why, you may wonder, is a ‘believe all women’ zealot like Marcotte all of a sudden springing to Biden’s defense? Especially when she was gaga over Elizabeth Warren and had just spent the last year trashing Biden as unfit to be the nominee, not just for his many gaffes, but also for his “creepy uncle act” and “handsy behavior”?

On April 1 of last year, Marcotte wrote:
Ours is not an era of nuance, and so words like "allegation," which may seem to equate Biden's dubious behavior with more overt sexual harassment, are being thrown around. To this point, no one has accused Biden of sexual harassment, still less of anything close to the multiple accusations of sexual assault that have been made against President Trump.

Biden's defenders are so quick to deny that this is a "#MeToo" situation that they perhaps fail to understand that Biden's feminist critics have never said it was. The larger point is that there's a whole range of sexist behaviors that fall short of sexual harassment but that are nonetheless demeaning, demoralizing and -- most of all -- profoundly inappropriate for someone who wants to lead a progressive political coalition into the future.
Just two days later, albeit in an obscure rural newspaper [mine, it so happens], Reade’s accusations against Biden first appeared.

AFAICT, Marcotte didn’t address Reade’s story until now. Maybe she never read my local paper [I don't]. But I guarantee that, if Warren and Biden were currently duking [pun intended] it out for the nomination, Marcotte would be beating Joe over the head with this accusation. But anti-trumpers are stuck with Biden now, plus he’s promised to name a woman as his running mate.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10145

by ThreeFlangedJavis » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:09 am

screwtape wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:59 am
Brive1987 wrote: Very interesting unpublished photo essay on the personal experience of a Waffen SS officer from childhood to Russia ‘41. Wiking Division.

https://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/hartmann.htm
Fascinating. I read Sajer's The Forgotten Soldier recently, then Antony Beevor's Stalingrad. One has the feeling the Soviets would have been a lot less touchy post-WW2 if the West had the grace to appreciate just how much they sacrificed.
I think there was a general appreciation of that amongst the Allied public. The Soviets never acknowledged the importance of materiel supplied by the Western Allies though. They even went so far as to re-label American supplied food with Soviet labeling. They (in effect Stalin) were never going to be truly pally with the West as the plan was always to roll over Western Europe. Stalin was hoping that the Axis and the Allies would weaken each other so that he could sweep in and claim it all. Hitler just stabbed him in the back first. One of the reasons for the poor French performance was widespread sabotage by communist agents in the ranks.

Churchill was very aware of Stalin's true nature. He and Alanbrooke also knew him to be a liar as they'd tested him with questions they knew the answers to.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10144

by screwtape » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:59 am

Brive1987 wrote: Very interesting unpublished photo essay on the personal experience of a Waffen SS officer from childhood to Russia ‘41. Wiking Division.

https://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/hartmann.htm
Fascinating. I read Sajer's The Forgotten Soldier recently, then Antony Beevor's Stalingrad. One has the feeling the Soviets would have been a lot less touchy post-WW2 if the West had the grace to appreciate just how much they sacrificed.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10143

by John D » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:39 am

So... it has 24 hours since I had a drink. I have had no physical side effects. I had a decent night of sleep and I feel good this morning. Maybe... I even feel better this morning than usual. Good news. I think this means I have no physical addiction.

I think I just need to add more discipline to when and how much I drink. Working from home is a bitch. I started with coffee with a shot of something in it. Then I switched to a few shots of brandy. Then a glass of wine at lunch (or two). More brandy. Wine with dinner. Several gin and tonics after dinner. A brandy on my nightstand. There is just so much opportunity to drink. When I work outside the home I go all day with no drinking. This imposed some discipline on me.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10142

by ThreeFlangedJavis » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 am

jugheadnaut wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:20 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: ... the video author has a huge hate-on for the CCP, so he may be engaged in motivated reasoning.
That's no worse than the Useful Idiots of the American MSM parroting CCP propaganda and lies.
The MSM is much worse because they are knowingly whitewashing a regime whose initial actions suppressing the nature and scope of the problem magnified the initial wave of global spread, while he is just being uncharitable to a regime that merits it. On reflection, the cremation scenario isn't as entirely speculative as I first presumed. The virology institute is by all accounts well-run and uses world-standard security protocols, so if the researcher was exposed to bat fluids, she would have gone into quarantine and not gone to the wet market to initiate the epidemic, leaving post-mortem spread as the more likely scenario.
The left-leaning MSM only care about attacking Trump to the extent that they will deny any of the many threats posed by the CCP. It isn't a stretch to characterise them as treasonous in as much as they actually understand how removed from reality they are. The CCP isn't just buying the WHO, they have been after all of the UN's special councils. But the mendacious, incoherent and corrupt Joe said they're good guys so lets go with that. It says a lot that the Democrats are prepared to back a candidate who can't remember a question long enough to answer it properly, forgets who he's talking to and probably even forgets where he is.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10141

by Hunt » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:55 am

free thoughtpolice wrote: When I wear my protective mask in public I get a lot of odd looks.
COVFEFE-45 mask.PNG
Pulling a cart, tolling a bell, and shouting "bring out your dead" will make you the life of the party.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10140

by Hunt » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:54 am

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: regarding the mask: with a virus such as covid-19 that has quite a long incubation period, and lots of asymptomatic cases, it's a protection for others, not for yourself. I wear a motorcycle mask (no other types available to the public).
There has been evidence to suggest that initial viral load is key in exactly how you'll fare with this virus. People infected directly by a person have been found to have a much higher mortality than if you're infected incidental to, e.g. picking up the virus from a surface. So all the washing, distancing, and partially effective masks actually serve a purpose and are far better than nothing.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10139

by Brive1987 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Very interesting unpublished photo essay on the personal experience of a Waffen SS officer from childhood to Russia ‘41. Wiking Division.

https://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/hartmann.htm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10138

by Driftless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm

John D wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
John D wrote: Shit. I have been drinking too much. I know I have to change my behavior in a significant way (having alcohol induced amnesia twice a week is not a proper lifestyle). Working from home makes it worse.

So. I told my wife and our therapist that I need to make a plan for going forward, and the first step to this is to stop drinking for the next two days. Well... let's see what happens.
Bit of advice from an alcoholic who has stopped many times: Don't go cold turkey.

Manage your drinking as you slowly reduce your intake.

https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/alc ... x-at-home/

True and tested method. Multiple times...
Thanks. I don't plan to quit completely. I want to take a two day break and then set better rules for myself. If I start to have a big problem I will reserve my ability to have a shot of brandy.... haha. I think I will be okay for two days. I hope this allows me to think my way through this.

My mom is in the nursing home, she is 82 yo, and they just told my family that there is a Covid-19 case in the next hall way. Shitty day to give up drinking!
Seriously -- good luck with sorting out the drinking.

Not seriously:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10137

by John D » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
John D wrote: Shit. I have been drinking too much. I know I have to change my behavior in a significant way (having alcohol induced amnesia twice a week is not a proper lifestyle). Working from home makes it worse.

So. I told my wife and our therapist that I need to make a plan for going forward, and the first step to this is to stop drinking for the next two days. Well... let's see what happens.
Bit of advice from an alcoholic who has stopped many times: Don't go cold turkey.

Manage your drinking as you slowly reduce your intake.

https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/alc ... x-at-home/

True and tested method. Multiple times...
Thanks. I don't plan to quit completely. I want to take a two day break and then set better rules for myself. If I start to have a big problem I will reserve my ability to have a shot of brandy.... haha. I think I will be okay for two days. I hope this allows me to think my way through this.

My mom is in the nursing home, she is 82 yo, and they just told my family that there is a Covid-19 case in the next hall way. Shitty day to give up drinking!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10136

by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:30 pm

John D wrote: Shit. I have been drinking too much. I know I have to change my behavior in a significant way (having alcohol induced amnesia twice a week is not a proper lifestyle). Working from home makes it worse.

So. I told my wife and our therapist that I need to make a plan for going forward, and the first step to this is to stop drinking for the next two days. Well... let's see what happens.
Bit of advice from an alcoholic who has stopped many times: Don't go cold turkey.

Manage your drinking as you slowly reduce your intake.

https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/alc ... x-at-home/

True and tested method. Multiple times...

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10135

by ThreeFlangedJavis » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm

jugheadnaut wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote: Jugheadnaut:
You are saying a single bat pissed on a researcher that took it back to a lab where it turned infectious? It's not impossible but seems unlikely to me.
I'm not an expert, but it seems tome more likely it took hold in the general area around Wuhan, exactly as its cousin SARS.
It probably incubated for years before it was noticed.
No, the urine/blood contamination would have been in the lab itself, which, as one of China's leading bat virus labs, would have been constantly bringing in bats to study. SARS is actually believed to have originated in Guangdong in Southern China, the same general region as Yunnan where the chief investigator in this lab discovered the bat link a few years later. The video speculates that the initial accelerator event was when the body of the researcher was prepared for cremation, the existence of the virus was being kept secret by order of the CCP and it was passed on to mortuary workers who weren't properly protected. This is pure speculation, though, and it's certainly possible the researcher went to the nearby wet market to do some shopping after infection but before she was really sick and that served as the accelerant. The cremation scenario places blame for the original outbreak, not just the global spread, on the CCP, and the video author has a huge hate-on for the CCP, so he may be engaged in motivated reasoning.
Lack of hate-on for the CCP would be a red flag AFAIAC. This guy lived in China and is quite familiar with the ways of the CCP. He is also quite objective and balanced in his reporting in my experience. He comes up with some additional pointers to the lab being involved, including the disappearance of a researcher around the time this was all supposed to have begun. The authorities claim that she is alive and well without offering any proof and her profile has been scrubbed from the lab's site.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10134

by jugheadnaut » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:20 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: ... the video author has a huge hate-on for the CCP, so he may be engaged in motivated reasoning.
That's no worse than the Useful Idiots of the American MSM parroting CCP propaganda and lies.
The MSM is much worse because they are knowingly whitewashing a regime whose initial actions suppressing the nature and scope of the problem magnified the initial wave of global spread, while he is just being uncharitable to a regime that merits it. On reflection, the cremation scenario isn't as entirely speculative as I first presumed. The virology institute is by all accounts well-run and uses world-standard security protocols, so if the researcher was exposed to bat fluids, she would have gone into quarantine and not gone to the wet market to initiate the epidemic, leaving post-mortem spread as the more likely scenario.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10133

by John D » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 am

Shit. I have been drinking too much. I know I have to change my behavior in a significant way (having alcohol induced amnesia twice a week is not a proper lifestyle). Working from home makes it worse.

So. I told my wife and our therapist that I need to make a plan for going forward, and the first step to this is to stop drinking for the next two days. Well... let's see what happens.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10132

by mordacious1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 am

I see WEIT has the obligatory anti-gun, anti-NRA post up, so the weenies that still comment there can have their mutual masturbation fest. Apparently, the deplorables are quivering in their hovels, waiting for brown people to steal their TP. Gun stores are NOT essential, while pot and liquor stores are.
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... /#comments

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10131

by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 am

Driftless wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:39 am
On masks, is it a cultural difference between east and west? In the west we are individualistic, so the idea of a mask is first and foremost thought of as protection for the wearer. In the east there is more emphasis on the group, so the mask is thought of as a way to protect others.

So the answer to "is a mask effective" partly depends who is being protected.

Whenever I am driving in fog I see people with their headlights off (typically in a grey or silver car). I always imagine them saying "why should I turn on my headlights? I can see just fine", instead of thinking that you should turn on your headlights so that other people can see you.
Allow me to bring in a precision: in a fog, your low beam headlights must be on. Else, you just blind the oncoming vehicles and yourself.

regarding the mask: with a virus such as covid-19 that has quite a long incubation period, and lots of asymptomatic cases, it's a protection for others, not for yourself. I wear a motorcycle mask (no other types available to the public).

FT: I hope you heal well and good.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10130

by free thoughtpolice » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:46 am

When I wear my protective mask in public I get a lot of odd looks.
COVFEFE-45 mask.PNG
(272.07 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10129

by Driftless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:39 am

On masks, is it a cultural difference between east and west? In the west we are individualistic, so the idea of a mask is first and foremost thought of as protection for the wearer. In the east there is more emphasis on the group, so the mask is thought of as a way to protect others.

So the answer to "is a mask effective" partly depends who is being protected.

Whenever I am driving in fog I see people with their headlights off (typically in a grey or silver car). I always imagine them saying "why should I turn on my headlights? I can see just fine", instead of thinking that you should turn on your headlights so that other people can see you.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10128

by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:31 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Wow - very cool Phil - are the guys in the back supposed to look like Star Trek characters from the first series?... cause... well... "Commander Lieven"... "Officer Pol".... has a ring to it.
LOL, they do. At least Phil's in plate. And there's a monk.

When and how can we listen to the new release?

Release is planned for May 22nd, and there will be some singles/videos before that. I'll keep you updated.

Meanwhile, I just learned a "friend" of mine has been arrested for murder. They found his father disemboweled and with an arrow in his head at the familial house. Covid-19 has been ruled out as cause of death...

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10127

by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:34 am

John D wrote: Wow - very cool Phil - are the guys in the back supposed to look like Star Trek characters from the first series?... cause... well... "Commander Lieven"... "Officer Pol".... has a ring to it.
LOL, they do. At least Phil's in plate. And there's a monk.

When and how can we listen to the new release?

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10126

by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:31 am

jugheadnaut wrote: ... the video author has a huge hate-on for the CCP, so he may be engaged in motivated reasoning.
That's no worse than the Useful Idiots of the American MSM parroting CCP propaganda and lies.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10125

by John D » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:27 am

Wow - very cool Phil - are the guys in the back supposed to look like Star Trek characters from the first series?... cause... well... "Commander Lieven"... "Officer Pol".... has a ring to it.

Dog - My neighborhood has lots of people that can work from home... engineers and such. There is almost no traffic on our neighborhood streets. The main streets are running at about 25% of normal. I have always walked my dog three times a day and now I meet five times more of my neighbors. So many people with dogs I have never said hi to. Most people must not walk their dogs and must usually just let them into their yards. COVID-19 is a dog holiday! Every one on my neighbors says hi when we pass each other. Most stores are closed... like the giant shopping mall... but the grocery stores are busy and the shelves are now mostly full. I was one of the few people wearing a scarf over my mouth/nose at the store. I have no masks so I improvised. 80% of people at the store don't have any face covering of any kind.

I honestly think the medical establishment lied to us about mask efficacy so that health care works could get more masks. A useful lie perhaps, but a lie none the less. It defies all logic that masks would not help the public.

Matt - Yeah... I am not following most recommendations with my pistol. It is a dilemma and I am not sure what the best process is. The thing is that I live in a stupidly safe neighborhood. The chances of my needing a gun approach zero. So, I have taken steps to make sure there are no accidents with my pistol. I keep it locked in a safe and I keep the chamber empty. The reason I do this is that I figure the biggest risk for me is negligent discharge by my stupid drunk nephew or something like that. If I have to get my pistol I will have to have to take the time to get it out of the safe. Add the extra step to rack it takes almost no extra time. I am sure I will not forget to rack it since I always practice by starting with an empty chamber. Not perfect I know. If I felt there was an imminent threat I would leave it loaded setting on my nightstand.

Also, I have been considering a pocket pistol as well as a revolver. I would be comfortable with a Glock 43 I think. I think my next step is to fire a few pocket pistols and revolvers and see what I like. The reason I lean toward a small revolver is that they are stupidly reliable and I am not that experienced. I know it takes a half second to squeeze a double action, but you will never get a short stroke. In a tussle the stroke on a semi-automatic can be blocked. If that happens you need two hands to rack it. With a revolver you just have to squeeze the trigger again in the case where the cylinder is blocked. Revolvers are wider than pocket pistols so there is that to consider. Anyway... stuff to think about while I work from home and watch gun videos. And... I would never carry without a proper holster.... I am not some fucking rapper hoodlum.

My wife and I have been "seeing" (over Zoom) a therapist. We have been getting along pretty well the last few weeks. It has been a pleasant life. I am still fighting with my daughter who has TDS and is a SJW.... but I remain calm while she calls my ideas "crazy" and "disgusting". I don't see this improving any time soon.... especially since my daughter is also now fighting with my wife over her "white privilege". Explaining "white privilege" to my wife has been fun.... haha. My wife and I raised our kids in comfort. My wife grew up in a lower middle class neighborhood where she started smoking pot and cigs at 13 yo. Her father was a drunk who beat and cheated on her mother.... but then there was the time when her father came home drunk and her mom poured boiling water on his face while he was passed out on the couch.... or the time her mom sprained her leg because she broke all his shotguns in two. Good ole "white privilege"... haha.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10124

by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 am

Everything is fine here. Confinement doesn't really change our habits much, except the restrictions about going to the beach with the dog. Conan takes it badly. We only go (one by one, never together) for dog-walking or vital groceries (beer, whiskey...).

About 10 days ago we made the official announcement of our signing with Massacre Records for the new album's release, which will be on May 22nd. Pretty cool. We also revealed the cover artwork and a couple of band pictures. Here they are:

https://scontent-mrs2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EADFF14

https://scontent-mrs2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EAC2095

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10123

by jugheadnaut » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: Jugheadnaut:
You are saying a single bat pissed on a researcher that took it back to a lab where it turned infectious? It's not impossible but seems unlikely to me.
I'm not an expert, but it seems tome more likely it took hold in the general area around Wuhan, exactly as its cousin SARS.
It probably incubated for years before it was noticed.
No, the urine/blood contamination would have been in the lab itself, which, as one of China's leading bat virus labs, would have been constantly bringing in bats to study. SARS is actually believed to have originated in Guangdong in Southern China, the same general region as Yunnan where the chief investigator in this lab discovered the bat link a few years later. The video speculates that the initial accelerator event was when the body of the researcher was prepared for cremation, the existence of the virus was being kept secret by order of the CCP and it was passed on to mortuary workers who weren't properly protected. This is pure speculation, though, and it's certainly possible the researcher went to the nearby wet market to do some shopping after infection but before she was really sick and that served as the accelerant. The cremation scenario places blame for the original outbreak, not just the global spread, on the CCP, and the video author has a huge hate-on for the CCP, so he may be engaged in motivated reasoning.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10122

by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:12 pm

John D wrote: I have a Glock 17 - 9mm x 19. Ugly gun... but I really like it.
Glocks are quite stolid. Very dependable. Fucking Austrians.

It is my home defense gun. I leave it ready for action, with 3 magazines full of hollow points, in a safe in my bedroom.
That's not "ready for action", brat.

I have scenarios in my head about what I would do under particular situations. It mostly looks like me hiding in my bedroom, behind a big dresser, while I call the cops.
There's a lot to be said for hiding. Just don't conflate concealment with cover.

I have been thinking about getting my concealed carry permit. Thinking about a .38 revolver snub nose that will fit in a pocket holster.
Consider one chambered for .357, which can also fire .38 special. {NB: it does not work the other way around.] But nix on the pocket carry. Unless you're one of those metrosexuals toting a 'murse'.

I am not a very experienced shooter so I would worry about a semi-auto with a round in the chamber shoved in a holster. Double action feels safer and still only needs one hand to operate.
If you like the Glock 17, for CC why not consider the 19 or one of the "baby" Glocks -- the 26 or 43? Striker-fire is quite safe for carry ... so long as your not just tucking it in the waste band of your baggie, droopy, Rucka MC, Nike gym shorts.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10121

by free thoughtpolice » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Jugheadnaut:
You are saying a single bat pissed on a researcher that took it back to a lab where it turned infectious? It's not impossible but seems unlikely to me.
I'm not an expert, but it seems tome more likely it took hold in the general area around Wuhan, exactly as its cousin SARS.
It probably incubated for years before it was noticed.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10120

by jugheadnaut » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:39 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
A video providing further evidence for the theory of the virus originating from this lab:
Am I mistaken in reading that the researchers collected the virus from some people in the countryside? That would mean that not only that the virus was not developed in the lab, but the real "patient zero" wasn't a lab worker, they were just the first "confirmed case.
There is a difference between "originating" and first identified.
It certainly does make it easy to believe the worst about the CCP though because they are basically capable of anything and can't be trusted.
My understanding is that the six villagers in Yunnan infected with a SARS-CoV virus were from an older study that established the link between bats and this class of viruses infecting humans. The video shows a paper on this dated 2005, so this research was in the wake of the original SARS epidemic and involved a different virus than SARS-CoV-2. Presumably, the lab was routinely bringing in bats from the region for further study, and if this theory is correct, they eventually hit on the wrong one and its blood or urine somehow splashed on researchers which was the origination event. In my view, the most interesting thing in the video is the description of the virus as 'terrible' in the Dec. 24/2019 job posting, seemingly indicating they knew the virus was both readily transmissible and deadly before anyone in Wuhan was hospitalized for it. It could also be a translation issue. Perhaps the Mandarin also translates to something like 'pernicious', which this class of virus was already known to be and didn't require any adverse events to justify. Definitely fodder for further investigation.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10119

by free thoughtpolice » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm

I am too old to hike anymore but it is cool too see some younguns doing some good photography. The cool thing is I can see the mountains/glacler/snowfield in question from my front yard and much of the local area.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10118

by free thoughtpolice » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm

jugheadnaut wrote:
A video providing further evidence for the theory of the virus originating from this lab:
Am I mistaken in reading that the researchers collected the virus from some people in the countryside? That would mean that not only that the virus was not developed in the lab, but the real "patient zero" wasn't a lab worker, they were just the first "confirmed case.
There is a difference between "originating" and first identified.
It certainly does make it easy to believe the worst about the CCP though because they are basically capable of anything and can't be trusted.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10117

by DW Adams » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:42 pm

I couldn't share this at the time.
tom_cruise_in_drag_twitter.png
(44.71 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10116

by jugheadnaut » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:54 pm

A video providing further evidence for the theory of the virus originating from this lab:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10115

by KiwiInOz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:51 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10114

by KiwiInOz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm

A bit of Scandi Norse atmospheric battle folk music.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10113

by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10112

by Bhurzum » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm

...and I'm cured!

Screeching electric guitar, face-melting solos and grinding death-metal dirges it is.

Still, was nice whilst it lasted.

Parting shot:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10111

by free thoughtpolice » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10110

by Driftless » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Bhurzum wrote: Perfect music for the here and now...



Starting to develop a real taste for ethnic/obscure music and instruments. I'll be buying folk music before the year is over... :oops:


"Old 97 went in the wrong hole..."

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10109

by Service Dog » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 pm

MarcusAu wrote: Hope you and the dog are navigating post holocaust environment of NYC OK - and that you don't have to make any hard choices (cf A Boy and His Dog).
Thanks for the recommendations.

Funny you'd mention A Boy and his Dog-- my girlfriend has made a couple 'what if' wisecracks about resorting-to eating the dog-- and I catch his eye & think at-him, 'she has no idea, pal.' Her old parents are ok & so-are her sisters--

Tho, one sister ~always~ has fake health complaints. That one's on Japanese social media-- telling relatives she has lost her sense of smell & taste. Also claiming that asians are attacked on the street if they go-out without masks. An attention-whore cousin in Taiwan has accepted the challenge: they're trading-posts... quibbling about who is suffering worse. I see any need for a formal roll call vote on the record... everybody knows who needs to be sacrificed for calories.

The Puerto Rican liquor store owners have stopped selling miniature single-serving alcohol bottles. They decided they don't want customers in the Under-$5 range. The Chinese laundry is closed, with the metal gate down. But they peeked thru the gate, scrambled out the side door, & chased me down the block, calling me back-- to accept my bag. Made me feel VIP. I'm one of the few customers who tips-. It's paying off. I had a third example, which I can't remember. What I'm getting-at... is a pattern of discrimination against Blacks. In my neighborhood-- blacks are the only group who still hang-out in tight clusters-- of five-or-more, not wearing masks, in front of McDonalds & the filthy Cigarette (and weed) store-- which refuses to close.

We had to walk a few blocks into Chinatown-- to find a Chinese supermarket that's open. A guy out front won't let customers in, without a mask. But he provides free surgical style masks. I thought "See!, the free market spontaneously invents efficient new norms & solutions, without centralized govt interference! Socialists claim that capitalism is 'social darwinism', but Survival of the Fittest is much-more brutal-- when it's violent gang-war between identity-groups and literal class-warfare. Far-better to 'compete' in civilized free markets-- with money not weapons!" Inner monologues like that are the reason I need to leave the internet & take walks. But you're right, Marcus: making 'everything about politics' is a bad idea. Making 'everything about money' sounds-worse, but is better.

Approaching that store, I also noticed that my girlfriend took-off her better N95 mask-- before we reached the store. So she could get a free, worse surgical mask. So the free mask thing incentivizes gaming-the-system. Maybe they should charge a coin. But yuck, who wants to touch small change?

There's a sidewalk-triangle in Chinatown-- with bike racks & park benches. I see the city has removed the wood from those benches. But-- closer to the Bowery-- the park benches down the median of Allen Street-- are intact. Going back 3 mayors-- city & subway benches have been strategically-removed to discourage loitering. Or subdivided with barriers, so a person can't lay-down. But the Allen Street benches were always left intact & sleepable-- an intentional design-decision to herd all the vagrants into one spot. Makes policing easier, in normal times. But today I saw a mom with 2 kids playing on those benches. When fighting a contagious disease-- does it make sense to remove 95% of park benches-- if the result is more-sharing of the remaining 5%?

Somebody-else's turn: what's going on in your neighborhood?

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10108

by Bhurzum » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Perfect music for the here and now...



Starting to develop a real taste for ethnic/obscure music and instruments. I'll be buying folk music before the year is over... :oops:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10107

by mordacious1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10106

by MarcusAu » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 am

John D wrote: How much will liberty die over this????

If the founding fathers were alive today - their habits of personal hygiene would not past muster - and would have to be constitutionally amended.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10105

by MarcusAu » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:50 am

Service Dog wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone have any recommendations for YouTube channels that do long form interviews (up to around 3 hours) with authors and other such notables...
EconTalk is the very best. And it's not strictly limited to 'economics'...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAu-m ... KPA/videos

honorable mentions...

Cartoonist Kayfabe(looking-back at past-greats in the comic book industry), look for the Shoot Interviews playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU0v4I ... /playlists

Art of Wrestling, look for the Full Episodes playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ColtCabana ... /playlists

WTF Podcast with Marc Maron
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xgw_ ... 3hw/videos

the New Culture Forum with Peter Whittle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuYHZz ... wMQ/videos

Mises institute economics
https://www.youtube.com/user/misesmedia/videos
I give them some thought.

nb on a recent episode of Michael Malice's show - Tom Woods mentioned that the urge to make everything political is a totalitarian one. (Yeah I know I'm crossing the streams with respect to recommendations - but I think I know that you know both parties involved). Anyway - I agree with that sentiment.

Which is why after listening to Peter Whittle for a bit - I have the urge to find something on a different subject. It gets to a point where you are only listening to people you agree with and you can predict what they are going to say next.

I'm ahead (or at least apace) with you on the Cartoonist Kayfabe front - even though I'm unfamiliar with Hip Hop Family Tree and Street Angel.

As to my own recommendations...

Sean Carrol's Mindscape - he has a voice for ASMR, so if I drift off I don't mind - if you can put up with the occasional left-wing-ism - he is is someone that is having interesting conversations - his recent interview with Neil Shubin for instance.
https://www.youtube.com/user/seancarroll/videos

Oakwise Becomming - if you are in the mood for more ASMR - this time done by some chick with an interest in Paganism Nationalism.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTD9uy ... 7Eg/videos

Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio - maybe a little esoteric for some - but I find myself becoming more tolerant of some of the heterodox beliefs - seriously weird in parts and it's less expensive than drugs...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC67NBV ... SsA/videos

Manufacturing Intellect - recently had a interview with Marcel Duchamp up - for those interested in post-modern or po-mo adjacent things
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vaipan/videos

Talks at Google is overly burdened with content - it's sometimes hard to sort the wheat from the chaff there...

Just downloaded something by William Burroughs - we'll see how that goes...

Hope you and the dog are navigating post holocaust environment of NYC OK - and that you don't have to make any hard choices (cf A Boy and His Dog).

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10104

by John D » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:40 am

How much will liberty die over this????

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10103

by screwtape » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:20 am

Bhurz:
The hardest part of parenting is to watch children undergo the vital and necessary process of making their own mistakes. You watch the slow-motion car crashes and know that you could help the kids avoid them, and know too that without those experiences they learn nothing for themselves. The best you can do is to keep the open door policy going. I want to say don't be judgemental, but your experience and good judgement is part of the package of help when needed. Just don't open with it as the last thing a hurt and damaged young adult needs is a lecture on their stupidity. My father was a master at this - one pained and disappointed look was enough to have me mend my ways whenever I let him down as a child. He never criticised, just looked hurt. Very effective.

Matt:
Possibly a waste of money, but I too have been playing with grown-up toys. I was hoping that if the transplant was successful I could spend some time at a range near the house we are renovating and will/would have move(d) to nearer the wife's clinic. I have converted my nipples (all three* of them!) to use #11 shotgun primers which should resolve difficulties with hangfires of the Pyrodex. I am also fascinated by the ballistics of the .17HMR and have acquired a Ruger bolt action in this calibre. But these days, all I get to use is my pre-charged pneumatics for garden games. The FX Dreamline is a blast!
*one on a T/C Hawken .50, and two on a Navy Arms S/S 12G shotgun.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10102

by KiwiInOz » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Bhurzum - it sounds like you've made the right first step and made contact and allowed a bit of free wheeling conversation/blame offloading etc. IMHO the worst thing for you to do now would be to insert yourself into the space as father and protector. I would suggest that you maintain low key contact with them, being open to hearing what they have to say without being reactive or judgemental, and letting them dictate the terms for now. You need to demonstrate that you are a safe space and play the long game.

But you know this, so I'm just validating.
Any/all advice is welcome. Remember: I'm a fucking caveman and about as subtle as a brick to the forehead.

I must admit, in the past, I always thought there was something wrong with my circuits - if anyone went within arms-reach of my kids, I instantly went into fight-mode. My wife laughed this off as the simple overly-protective nature of a new father. Over time (and due to the reassurances of my wife) I calmed down to the stage where I would allow my kids to play in the local park without being right next to them. It was the stuff of nightmares and even though I'd maintain a constant vigil, it became a manageable evil.

After my conversation with my youngest, it has ripped that can of worms open again and I'm back at square one.

I've never felt so helpless or useless in my life.
Mate, I totally understand the feeling of helplessness/uselessness. Being tough is easy for you. But you will have to harden the fuck up in order to do the soft stuff that is required to actually be useful to your girls. It won't be easy but it will be worth it (ya big Jessie).

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#10101

by Bhurzum » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:36 pm

KiwiInOz wrote: Bhurzum - it sounds like you've made the right first step and made contact and allowed a bit of free wheeling conversation/blame offloading etc. IMHO the worst thing for you to do now would be to insert yourself into the space as father and protector. I would suggest that you maintain low key contact with them, being open to hearing what they have to say without being reactive or judgemental, and letting them dictate the terms for now. You need to demonstrate that you are a safe space and play the long game.

But you know this, so I'm just validating.
Any/all advice is welcome. Remember: I'm a fucking caveman and about as subtle as a brick to the forehead.

I must admit, in the past, I always thought there was something wrong with my circuits - if anyone went within arms-reach of my kids, I instantly went into fight-mode. My wife laughed this off as the simple overly-protective nature of a new father. Over time (and due to the reassurances of my wife) I calmed down to the stage where I would allow my kids to play in the local park without being right next to them. It was the stuff of nightmares and even though I'd maintain a constant vigil, it became a manageable evil.

After my conversation with my youngest, it has ripped that can of worms open again and I'm back at square one.

I've never felt so helpless or useless in my life.

Top